• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Mysteries of the Mundane (1x1 with Shannon Trevor)

"You'd have to ask Skye that," Jon said with a laugh as he slowly seated himself. The Colonel reached out for Skye's hand. "Guess, I make a good impression."

Skye takes his hand "Well, he's the first guy I've met that isn't a magical 400 year old skeleton that treats me right" she says to Skulduggery and sits back in Jon's lap "And even when the case sounds bogus, he takes it seriously"

Skully laughs "True, I'm sure if I wasn't with Valkyrie she'd try to get with me ages ago" he says "but maybe we should talk about this cult you've come across"

Jon nodded, his expression turning serious. "Skye knows more about their occult side than I do, obviously. But from what I can tell, they're a dangerous group. Fevered to the point of being brainwashed.

Skye nods "Very dangerous, worse than the others I've dealt with, save for the Daegon cult" she says and rubs her temples "I met their leader, I can't remember his name, but they were going to use Jon as a vessel for their god"

Skulduggery frowns, or to the best to his ability he could, "Was this leader's name Dario by any chance?"

Jon gave a shrug of his broad shoulders. "Honestly, I can't recall. After they chloroformed me, I don't remember much until Skye showed up and rescued me."

Skye nods "That's his name, why? Someone you know?"

Skulduggery nods "Indeed, and someone I've had problems with over the centuries" he says and sighs "Tell you what, I'll deal with this case, you two get some rest and take up a less dangerous quest"

"It's not that simple," Jon said. "This might be a quest for you, for me, it's an official assignment from the Intelligence Commitee. I can't just walk away and tell them to relax, some four hundred year old skeleton has got this one."

Skye nods "At least keep us in the loop ok Skully? I was also given this case by the chief of police" she says and sighs "but a little break sounds nice too"

-Time skip-

A couple days later, and thankfully the last case was solved with the help with Skulduggery and Skye and Jon were able to take a break, however, the break was short lived, as they soon received their next assignment.

*blip* Skye's computer goes as she received the priority message "Well looks like we've got another assignment love, you ready to check out what it is?" she asks him, sipping on a cocktail, as they were at the motel bar, however she had her laptop with her.

Jon reads the assignment from over her shoulder. "Occult activity on an island chain toward the Bermudas," he said, sounding impressed. "Time to work on this tan," he joked as he slid a hand down Skye's shoulder. "Looks like a chance to impress you, I never mentioned I had a pilots license, did I?"

She smiles and leans up to kiss him "A man of many talents, and some of those are in the bed" she says with a giggle and kisses him once more before reading the assignment and sighs in relief "At least it's no where the triangle, that place is...scary, and I'm not one to easily be scared" she says as she replies to the assignment and then closes her laptop "Looks like we're packing for warm weather"

It was early the next morning when they Jon brought the small two engine plane onto the runway. The Colonel was dressed casually, a plain black polo shirt and a pair of tight beige slacks both clung to his muscular frame. His Rolex Submariner clasped tightly to his left wrist gleamed in the sunlight.

Jon looked across to Skye, sitting beside him. "I think it's safe to say you're the most beautiful co-pilot I've ever had."

Skye smiles "Charmer" she says and kisses him on the lips softly "But thank you handsome, so the Bahamas eh? The case file said that there's been strange activity sightings within this island chain, but not much else, we could be investigatng some sort of underground experiment corporation or something even more nefarious like maybe even old human experiments like from the second world war, ever heard of the Russian Sleep Experiment?"

Skye nods "They did worse than that though, for example they experimented on children about the paranormal sort of things" she shudders and holds his hand "Watch my back and I'll watch yours love?" she asks somewhat shakily "Jon, I don't think I have to tell you how scared I was of losing you back on our last case, and I know you were wondering why I was crying before it, weren't you?"

She sighs and smiles up at him "just so you know, it wasn't regret about sleeping with you, it was more me falling for you and thinking that you wouldn't feel the same way towards me" she says and kisses him softly "Maybe after this mission we could..." she leans in and kisses him "Start thinking about settling down?"

Jon was taken by surprise at the suggestion. Not that he was opposed to it but at how fast things were moving. "I'd like that," he replied honestly. "When we get back I'll introduce you to Rachel." His daughter wasn't much younger than Skye. That'll be an interesting meeting, he thought to himself.

With the course set, Jon piloted the plane toward the islands. It was a smooth flight until the first of the islands came into view. "Woah!" Jon said, wrestling with the controls as the plan began to shake violently.

Skye immediately reaches for the controls, trying to steady the plane, but it seemed to be of no use "J-Jon, we're going down! Eject! EJECT!" she shouts "The plane's been sabotaged, EJECT!" she grabs a parachute and hands him one before pressing the eject button, launching them out of the aircraft and into the air after she had strapped on her chute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back