• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Mysteries of the Mundane (1x1 with Shannon Trevor)

"I'd take a sandwich. Bacon, lettuce and tomato and a coffee too. Black, no sugar." He smiled his thanks as Stella went to take the order. "So far it seems like I have a good read on you, Skye. Bodes well for our little partnership. What about me though, you figured anything out?"

She nods with a small smile "You take your job seriously, but not so seriously you don't know how to relax a little, which is good, because you'd be no good if you were all tense, same goes for me.. I sense that you actually take your oath to serve and protect seriously, another good thing, and that you don't tolerate corruption of any sort" she says and thanks Starla for the food and hands Jon his before paying and driving off "I also sense that you're single, am I correct with all of that?"

Jon laughed. "You got me," he nodded. "Down to a tee actually. Divorced, a long time ago. One daughter, probably not too much younger than you actually. She's in her final year of college. Wants to be a lawyer." He shrugged his broad shoulders, "Nobody's perfect," he added with a smirk.

"Yeah but you can pretty damn near close to it" she says as she continues to drive, however about an hour later, she spots the woods "Right, we're here" she says as she gets out of the car with her food and drinks "Ready?"

Swapping his military tunic for a leather jacket and his jacket holster for one at his waist, the Colonel nodded in reply. "Let's move out," he said, glancing to the woods. Jon had no belief in the paranormal or the occult but something bothered him about the thick woods lying before them. His senses screamed there was danger ahead. He suppressed the notion as childish fantasy and led Skye toward them.

Skye nods and follows him, keeping a wary eye out for anything unusual. She sighs and takes a sip of her hot chocolate "See any good places to lay low and keep watch?" she asks him

Jon scans ahead but see's nothing suitable. Keeping silent he waves Skye forward. Within a few minutes he finds a perfect spot near the peak of the hill and looking down directly onto the Manor. "I say we set up here and keep watch. Good cover and we should be able to see anyone approach, at least from the manor side."

Skye smiles and moves forward "As good a spot as any" she says and begins to lay low "Jon, we're in for a long night tonight, so if you need to go, now's the time"

Jon allowed himself a low chuckle. "Fair point," he replied, pointing to a private spot some distance away. "Be back shortly."

Skye smiles and nods and took the chance to cast her Night Veil spell on them "He wouldn't believe me...not yet" she says softly to herself and begun to look through her binoculars while munching on her food

Jon returned a few minutes later, picking his way softly across the wood. For a big man, he moved softly. He put a gentle hand on Skye's shoulder to announce his presence, so as not to surprise her. "Well, how we lookin'?"

"Pretty quiet so far, but that's unusual for a cult, usually there's some sort of activity" she says quietly, taking a sip on her hot chocolate. "It's..disturbing to say the least"

Jon sat next to her, looking down onto the Manor. "You seem to know a lot about all this. Cults and the occult and everything in between. How did that come about?"

"Some of my first cases were about the occult, Cthulhu orientated" she says softly and shakes her head "Scary stuff, but this is..I hate to say it, but we may just need to rely on instincts"

Jon nodded along, "I'd like to think instinct is something I have plenty of. I'm sure you've noticed, I'm a little bit older but I'd like to think I make up for that in experience."

"Of course, but sometimes instinct can steer you wrong" she says and looks at a scar on her hand "In any case, why don't you take a look?"

"You're right, not much happening," Jon agreed after a few minutes of observation. "Place looks almost dead. Maybe I should go and take a closer look."

"Not entirely impossible, remember we're technically on their grounds, so they might have lookouts in the for.." she then hears something, "Jon did you hear that?"

"Sounds like-"

Before Jon could finish the sentence a branch above them snapped. Before the Colonel could react, the falling timber caught him on the shoulder.

With a grunt, Jon slumped to the ground, unconscious.

"How on earth did.." she looks at him, and looks around before looking at the branch "There's no break, it's clean cut.. but how.." she looks around, feeling a little more anxious and paranoid

She looks around some more and after sensing a change in the air she sighs "Sorry ol' boy, we gotta get back, it isn't safe" she says as she picks him up and starts on their way through the woods again

Jon gives a soft groan but remains unconscious as Skye throws his limp body over her shoulder.

His hands gently bounce against her back as carries him back to her car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back