• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Mysteries of the Mundane (1x1 with Shannon Trevor)

Freshly showered, Jon joined Skye in her car to the short trip back to her office. He kept the same leather jacket and uniform pants from the day before. "Ok, so what's our next move?"

As he parked the car, she gives him the keys to his office "You go on ahead Jon, I'll be up in a minute, I just need to...clear my mind first" she says softly and smiles weakly at him

As she sat in the driver's seat she puts her head in her hands and starts to cry "What are you doing girl? He's almost twice your age and your senior officer, what are you doing falling for him? Stupid, stupid girl...besides..it's not like he'd be interested, he's just been being kind" she sighs before getting out of the car and making her way to the office.

She tries to smile and nod "Yeah Jon, c'mon lets take another look at the map, unless you just want to try getting in and hiding in there?"

He puts an arm around her shoulder. "Sounds like a plan. Let's just hope you don't have to carry me out of there this time."

She laughs a little and tries to close her eyes "Alright, I think I see a..." she scans her eyes over the map "Ah, there's a window to the basement there, we could try to get in through there?"

She looks to him, "Right, you got your guns right?" she asks as she gets her revolvers from their cabinet and sighs, stroking the handle on one of them

"Of course. Hope I don't have to use them. If we run across anyone....let me handle them. I don't want to see you get hurt."

Skye nods, holsters her revolvers and starts leading the way to the car "Let's just..focus on the case, okay Jon? Remember, this is basically recon, get in, find out what we can and then get out" as she leads the way, she could barely be head muttering to herself "Skye, don't go doing something stupid like getting a crush on him and letting your emotions cloud your mind"

Last edited:
Jon nodded his understanding and said nothing further. A cloud had set itself over Skye from the moment they had left the motel room. Could she feel guilty for sleeping with him? Possible, Jon supposed. She was a young woman, a good deal younger than Jon was and perhaps had let her guard down more than she was used to. Did she feel like he had taken advantage? The Colonel hoped not, that was not his intention.

As they reached the manor Jon clasped a hand to Skye's shoulder. A silent reminder that he was there. That he had her back.

She felt the hand on her shoulder and smiles at him "Thanks" she whispers before looking around and getting out of the car "Let us go to the hill behind the manor first, we will need to make sure that the coast is clear before sneaking in" she says softly

"Right behind you, Skye."

They kept low and were soon at the same spot as the previous day. "Looks all clear," Jon said. "Of course, that's what we thought yesterday, too."

She nods and takes a closer look using an amplified vision spell "Mhm, seems clear enough, come on, we don't know when these cultists can pop out of anywhere, so we've only got a short time to get in unnoticed"

"And try not to get hurt by any more branches okay?" she asks, trying to lighten the mood up, but the previous night was still on her mind. She shook her head to clear it before starting to move towards the basement window.

"No promises. I rather like the idea of being in your arms," Jon replied as they reached the window. The Colonel went first, it was a tight squeeze but he made it before holding his hands out to help Skye down.

She smiles and blushes at his comment and then slides down before looking around the basement, "Right" she whispers softly "This looks like your every day ordinary basement, but there may be a hidden door to a hidden room or something,so keep your eyes peeled"

"cliche yes, but they are used more often used than not, believe it or not" she says and smiles as she runs her hand against the wall as well, but soon it touches Jon's and she quickly pulls it away "Sometimes it is more obvious than hidden as well"

Jon glanced at the Submariner on his left wrist. "Maybe we should move on? Don't want to spend too much time in one place. We don't know when or if these whackjobs will show up."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back