• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Mysteries of Fantasia Online

Nico

Care Bears... prepare to stare!
[class=header] background:url('https://media3.giphy.com/media/qzOQxiQkFrWg0/source.gif'); height: 240px; width: 405px; border-radius: 90px; border: 8px; border-style: double; border-color: #B2DFFB; margin: auto; [/class]
code by summerwine
[div class=header]

[/div]
plot

20XX, a new game is on the market said to be the first of it's kind, a full dive game. Paired with the Tri Gear, Mysteries of Fantasia is a fantasy virtual reality rpg. It gives the players the option to choose from a wide variety of classes and races; along with a wide expanse of skills and life skills. It was a game meant to be an escape from reality to put hours into. Though it would later be proven to be exactly the truth.

As of the first day of the game's official launch, the log out button is missing on the main menu and the game sends out a message to each player.

"Fantasia is now your home, adapt quick or perish."

Panic spread among the player base, while some level-headed ones agreed that beating the game would free them. Though, would it really? No one was really certain of that, though I did give a little hope to those skittish enough. Some decided to stay in safe areas, while some got into unsavory deeds such as player killing.

One thing is for certain, there are certain shady characters about claiming to serve a supreme ruler. Could that be the person that trapped them in this game?

Our RP centers around a group of friends who met in the beta test, they're not the most impressive bunch, though they care for each other enough to stick together through the death game. Stuck in the ranks of a newbie, some start to question whether they can survive. This is the story focusing on this group of idiotic friends and their trials and tribulations. Heartbreak, humor, and drama.

Welcome to Tales of Fantasia, your new home. What are you going to do about it?

-x-

Honestly, this is going to be an RP about a group of idiotic friends navigating a death game. They're not impressive just yet, but they have the potential to become great if they strive for it. Later on, they'll learn the mystery behind the ruler and help free all the players, or not. It depends on how the story goes.

rules

× This RP is lazy lit all I ask for is a good meaty paragraph. I want proper grammar and punctuation. I understand writer's block happens and just let me know if you're having an off day and It'll be fine. Just let me know if you need a bit of a break as well. This is also a long term rp and we make the story together, as a group, it's highly character-driven.

× No NSFW content is allowed on this rp, as you know the RPN rules allow none of this, either fade to black or don't do anything at all. Kissing is okay, but if it gets too heavy touching then you know exactly when it's time to fade. Gore is okay, but don't describe it in detail, that's not necessary.

× Be polite to GMs, disrespect is not tolerated. They're GMs for a reason, they're here to make sure the RP stays in order. Respect their decisions and their rulings, if you have an issue with a GM contact me and I'll look into it.

× If someone is causing drama don't feed into it, just ignore it and alert an RPN staff They'll handle it, it's not worth getting in trouble for. Drama in roleplay is highly encouraged, who doesn't like a little drama between characters.

× Discrimination of any kind is not tolerated. I will not have anyone bullying someone for their identity, sexuality, religion, or race. Discrimination of any sorts including those making fun of people with disabilities I will report you to RPN staff

× Metagaming, powerplaying, auto-hitting, auto-dodging are not allowed, as they remove freedoms from other roleplayers. Regardless of who your character is, they will not be the center of attention all the time, nor can they be the best at everything. Nor are they perfect in any way shape or form.

× Follow All RPN Rules and their policies

× Discord will be used for plotting, ooc talk, and relationship talk. It is required, so check if you have one, if you don't, feel free to make one. There will be a regular OOC for those who do not wish to use Discord, once you're accepted I will send out an invite.
roles

The Leader- The one with the most level head. The leader is the one that brought all of them together in the beta. They're charismatic and has a way with words. It was no question the group of friends saw them as their leader. Though some may disagree with some of the things they say. They seem to always be the one in the group with one foot in front of the other. - Open

The Support- The friend that plays as a healer class. The others rely on them for wisdom and to keep them alive as they fight through this game. They can be of any race, but clearly they have to be a cleric class. They tend to be the kind of person that defuses (or at least tries to) arguments between the group. -Open

The Ranger- The friend that plays as the archer class. They're headstrong and steadfast and they usually butt heads with the leader. They unanimously have agreed to be the second-in-command for the group. They're always on their toes and ready to face whatever danger becomes of the group. - Open

The Mage- The leader's childhood friend. They play the mage class and doubles in potion making, they work alongside the healer when it comes to healing and keeping the group alive. They're grumpy and lazy but in reality, they're just a big soft-hearted fool. - Nico Nico

The Rouge- They weren't originally with them in the beta, they were brought in by the Leader after the open beta launched, when they were almost half-dead by a monster. They joined the group out of necessity, due to the drive for survival - Open

i'd be interested in the rogue if it's first come, first serve... setting sounds fun and lazy lit is right up my alley during my art commission swamp, hah.

This sounds like it’d be a fun time! Support is the role that I’m most interested in playing.

so this is for five people correct? and is the leader a tank, or some sort of fighter class? also rouge sounds fun

hmm, interesting! I personally like character-driven roleplays so count me in for the ranger class!

so this is for five people correct? and is the leader a tank, or some sort of fighter class? also rouge sounds fun
The leader is a tank/warrior type.

This isn't first come first serve, so feel free to post up a sheet for your desired role once the character sheet is up.

I am interested in Support but I am free to be put into any open role!

I'm interested but I have a few questions.

What are the races that are open to be played? Are they just the typical "high fantasy" races like humans, elves, dwarves, etcetc? Or are you more open to other humanoid races? Like D&D has Halflings, Gnomes, Dragonborn, Tabaxi (cat people) and there are other races from other rp games like the Asimar, Centaur, Merfolk, Kitsune, etc.

Just seeing where I could go with this if I commit on trying out.

And will you be making a Character Sheet location for this?

I'm interested but I have a few questions.

What are the races that are open to be played? Are they just the typical "high fantasy" races like humans, elves, dwarves, etcetc? Or are you more open to other humanoid races? Like D&D has Halflings, Gnomes, Dragonborn, Tabaxi (cat people) and there are other races from other rp games like the Asimar, Centaur, Merfolk, Kitsune, etc.

Just seeing where I could go with this if I commit on trying out.

And will you be making a Character Sheet location for this?

I'm not really going to limit what kind of creature your character can be, that's why I left it rather vague in the plot. Just keep it reasonable and not too monstrous, like a giant Cthulhu being or something like that.

Yes, there will be a character sheet location up soon.

Can I join as a ballistics mage? basically they are good with trickshots invoving magical balls+slingshots and cannons. just an idea that i got from inspired from like cape of spirits and a ebook that i read some time back.

is it all one big group or is there other groups we will run into

oh okay well ill get out so someone can have the rouge spot i have enough rps i don't need to be selfish

Hey just letting you know I am still interested, just things have been busy and I've basically been getting a character design made for this because nothing I found I like lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back