• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom My Hero Academia Heroes Rising OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Dante Verren Dante Verren
Would you mind checking the quirk on my character? Im still working on them but i want to be sure the quirk will do

Greetings all. Just a quick update I am planning to start this on friday or saturday. That gives me time to finish up some more characters as well as giving other people time to join and make characters.

Sounds good to me. I only have one class on Fridays, so I'll be here.

Would anyone like to discuss relations in the meanwhile? Jason is overall a pretty headstrong and sociable guy when he wants to be, so I'd be up for him having friends prior to U.A. =) He has been living alone in Japan for a few months prior to the first day of school.

Originally, I had the idea of a similar concept of the original show- A person without a quirk in a quirky world.
However I was thinking of executing it in a different way. (Instead of obtaining an actual power and learning it, I had something else in mind).
Essentially, The concept of the character would stay the same; someone to change themselves in a world against odds stacked against them, and the denial of reality for their own fantasy.
Of course, this isn't much of an original concept, but I was also thinking of adding it in as a sort of Rival to the character with the "one-for-all" character, along with the rivalries with others, and an internal conflict that would be portrayed with something a bit weird. While I cannot describe the character rn, I feel that they would hold a similar execution to another character from the show (being frag-hand guy or something, I forgot the names of these characters but I know the world).

Now, I have two choices: Make the character have no quirk, and do a butt-load of mental gymnastics and event gymnastics that somehow lands him in a class even without a quirk, OR I can have the character possess an absolutely useless quirk that turns out to be more or less useful later (and do the same as above but now with the added development of such a power that can somehow be weak in the beginning and at least useful later on that doesn't sound cliche or unoriginal...(not like this idea is even original in the first place) whilst also having it even more similar to the original Protagonist of MHA, but securing another path for character development).
So I'm in a bit of a fickle pickle. Currently, I'm developing little things for the character to make it seem more fleshed out and to differentiate it from the cast, but I'm still working on the concept as I go.

Originally, I had the idea of a similar concept of the original show- A person without a quirk in a quirky world.
However I was thinking of executing it in a different way. (Instead of obtaining an actual power and learning it, I had something else in mind).
Essentially, The concept of the character would stay the same; someone to change themselves in a world against odds stacked against them, and the denial of reality for their own fantasy.
Of course, this isn't much of an original concept, but I was also thinking of adding it in as a sort of Rival to the character with the "one-for-all" character, along with the rivalries with others, and an internal conflict that would be portrayed with something a bit weird. While I cannot describe the character rn, I feel that they would hold a similar execution to another character from the show (being frag-hand guy or something, I forgot the names of these characters but I know the world).

Now, I have two choices: Make the character have no quirk, and do a butt-load of mental gymnastics and event gymnastics that somehow lands him in a class even without a quirk, OR I can have the character possess an absolutely useless quirk that turns out to be more or less useful later (and do the same as above but now with the added development of such a power that can somehow be weak in the beginning and at least useful later on that doesn't sound cliche or unoriginal...(not like this idea is even original in the first place) whilst also having it even more similar to the original Protagonist of MHA, but securing another path for character development).
So I'm in a bit of a fickle pickle. Currently, I'm developing little things for the character to make it seem more fleshed out and to differentiate it from the cast, but I'm still working on the concept as I go.
See the joy with Buko no hero academia is that nearly all character concepts work and personally I would say yours fits until to universe.

Now your two choices both would work well in a sense my character does have a rather useless quirk that takes a lot of creativity to use effectively that also has a lot of room for improvement as the roleplay goes on something I enjoy more than having a op quirk like half hot half cold but thanks to inspiration from various other anime/manga I have watch/read I have many ways to make it seem very strong. So having a useless quirk that gets stronger is always a good way to go the only thing by is how would you have passed/ manage to pass the entrance exam. I would say if you went with this choice have a quirk that can be seen as weak or useless but when used creatively is rather strong.

Now your second choice the idea of not having a quirk would have the same problem passing the entrance exam. If you end up going with this idea I would say make a character that's like Iron Man or from MHA Mei Hatsume so someone who can become strong thanks to equipment they have made rather than having a powerful quirk or having a quirk at all.

This is only my input on the matter and I must say sorry if it's terribly written I'm still getting used to my new phone.

Last edited:
I added stats to my character sheet~
I'm curious has anybody else been thinking of character synergy and effectiveness against? both in and out of combat?

I added stats to my character sheet~
I'm curious has anybody else been thinking of character synergy and effectiveness against? both in and out of combat?
Thought about the role of my boy, not much with others. Curious to see how it plays out.

I'm curious to see what Jason and Alicia could accomplish if they work together, haha. Just read through the characters and saw her Quirk.

Heads up to everyone that are watching this page. I am planning to start the Rp tomorrow morning around 8 - 8:30 AM PST. I will make sure to tag everyone in the opening post.

I took the meaning of it to be he can take control of their shadows and restrain them with there own shadow but I was not going to allow them to compete paralyze their Target by taking control of their targets shadow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back