• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom My Hero Academia: Go Beyond, Plus Ultra!! (Remake number what? 100?) OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
So if we do a tournament arc, while I'm not expecting Jacki to win, I am expecting her body to be destroyed before she can be in the grand finals

Japanime Japanime Xander and Kama should make an... Interesting duo, They're both huge powerhouses but lack the, how you say, 'Understanding' to really apply themselves super effectively in some situations

Well thats good. Glad my internet isn't in the fritz. Also explains why there was such a gap in posts lol

Nope, I had started writing that part for Jacki before going to sleep, it just happened to be the same plan, since her Quirk is both subtle and random when it comes to fighting and Mako has a Quirk that isn't quite under control, so her first thoughts were either both of them defending or Jacki goes out to fight people since one of the rules was to not hurt others majorly

Hello everyone, I'm creating a character and I am doing the quirk and I would love some help if anyone is willing to give it.

I'm worried about balancing it because if I make it wrong, it could be really underpowered or really overpowered.

Well I would suggest posting what you have and then others can help make suggestions cause I had the same problem when I made mine and they were able to point out possible flaws

Ok.
Jonas can do a variety of things by manipulating a type of energy, making him extremly versatile and a powerful foe. Through physical touch, he can go inside the mind of someone and witness their deepest, darkest fears. It would be as if he is a neutral observer and he would witness their worst fears reenacted while the person would feel as if their worst fear is really happening to them. He would be able to take away the fear for about 10 minutes, not getting rid of the fear itself, but getting rid of the fear associated with it. For Jonas the memory would happen in real time, but in the real world, it would be an extremly short amount of time. Jonas can become incorporeal, essentially turning from a physical being to a being made of energy. This means that he cannot physically affect the world around him, but physical things cannot affect him either, such as a punch from someone. Jonas can move through walls and even Fly, but only if he is in the dark. In this state, he obviously can't touch others, so he can't see someone else's fears. Jonas can use the energy in many different ways to attack others, such as creating dark bolts of energy, to creating solid weapons of darkness

This is what I have so far for the quirk (sorry about the block of text) the weakness I havent put down yet but it would basically be that his powers are especially weak against light based attack and kind of weak against fire, being able to hurt him when he's incorporeal. I'm thinking that light/sunlight could either render his powers useless or really weak.

My first impression is that this isn't just one quirk but a mash up of several different ones. I would suggest pick one aspect of it and building on that one. So either the fear manipulation, or the memory viewing, or the physical being part that he transforms, or the dark energy manipulation, ect. I think saying energy in general is a bit too broad personally.

I also forgot to write that he could teleport through shadows.
I'm also split between two things.
1. Being able to manifest the fears in a person's mind, making them experience their fear in the moment. It wouldn't actually affect the real world, instead it's a mental thing. Only able to activate after seeing their fear.
2. Being able to create shadow creatures that can attack people in different ways, they aren't real though and he can only create so many until it's too much to sustain.

Still sticking with what I said above I think it's just too many different things rather then a single power to be built on and grow.

Ok, didn't see what you wrote, I was typing. This was more of a mash up of different ideas than something singular and i really wanted all of the ideas to be based around a singular encompassing theme. I understand that this can't be an entire quirk, so I'll think about it.

Got it, hope I was helpdul. Once you pick one I think it'll also be easier to come up with the weakness to keep it balanced too. Honestly any of them I think are cool ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back