• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom My Hero Academia - A New Generation [OPEN]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Evelyn was shocked by the results, to say the least. Her speed had immensely helped her, that much was obvious. Her wings throbbed in pain due to the stress put on them. There was no doubt she’d be working them out for the majority of this year. She smiled and waved goodbye to Kayla when she left, and followed her out shortly thereafter.
I made it, mom. You believed in me. In the brief time our lives overlapped, you believed in me every step of the way. You custom sewed holes into my clothing for my wings. You taught me compassion. You sacrificed so much for me, I plan on sacrificing my life for a cause, just as you did. This is only the first stepping stone.
I hope heaven’s treating you well.

Evelyn saw her dad’s beaten up car parked on the side of the road. She was beaming ear to ear.
“Second place!” She exclaimed as she stepped in. Evelyn didn’t really know why, her dad couldn’t say either. But in that moment, he teared up. It was supposedly the relief after so much stress, possibly it was the impending pain she’d be going through. Maybe it was the possibility of death, even. Though Evelyn knew the real reason as she hugged her dad across the center console.

The aftermath of the test was something to behold alright, most of the students were downright exhausted, in fact the girl who had helped him had passed out. He hoped she was okay, in fact looking back on it she and another student really stuck their necks out for a lot of people. Recovery girl congratulated Kaichi on a job well done like every other student and gave him some gummies, he had no injuries to heal since that medicine fixed his minor scrapes and bruises. In the end he felt like he had done well, and eleventh place wasn't bad at all. Better than he expected. And to think his brother wanted him to apply for general studies as well as a back up plan. That's rich coming from a guy who got into the support course by reccomendation. Kaito was gonna be so surprised once he heard about how well he did. He had high hopes to say the least, and he hoped he'd see that phoenix girl again so he could thank her and return the bottle.

Jane appears to have already left the gate before the results were even announced, this test wasnt about points for her anyway so why should she care? Those who were deemed to have potential she would be meeting on the first day of class anyway, those who were not? there was no point wasting time on those interactions and self-congratulatory celebration. Collecting a her bag she reaches in to pull out a music player for her slow walk home, she had alot of thinking to do as always after all and plans to refine.

Patricia Dickinson
The girl said her goodbyes to the young man and went to the gate of the area. She saw her results posted within the board, "Woohoo! Now that's an early present.", the girl was excited as she was the fifth placer in the board. It wasn't first or second but she was still joyful as she could tell her uncle to host a celebration party in the cafe. She proceeded to go home as she whistled a tune from her mouth. She didn't really care if her new classmates were certainly much more mature than her but she can assume that most of those students with in her bar from the first place to tenth would be her classmates.
She finally arrived at her home, looking at her uncle while he watched the television for the afternoon news. "Hey there, Pat. You seem beat. Want me to brew a cup o' joe for y'a?", his uncle, whose name was David, said as he proceeded to get up and prepare some coffee for her. He wasn't really old as he was around his mid-twenties. His quirk made him have a serpentine go across his head, he could control it and morph it but it really doesn't go that far. Patricia proceeded to change her clothes, going from a classy look to something more casual with pajamas and bunny slippers. She laid down on the couch, switching the daily news to the cartoon channel.

When the results came up Yosuke couldn't believe that he was in the top twenty, exited he took out his cellphone and sent a message to his parents and decided that since nothing interesting was happening he might as well head home.

As she read her son's message Hikaru was impressed with how well Yosuke did, after all besides the kinetic force stopping aspect Arm Shield was a combination of the weaknesses of both her and her husband's Quirks only able to affect the user's arms and completely defensive. Still part of her also wished he would have failed bad enough to give up on becoming a hero as he would face a lot of danger. That didn't matter at the moment though as the news was still worth celebrating.

Moeru pursed his lips, his anger slowly welling inside him.
"I only got seventh place? Son of a". Moeru continued his line of curse words, a little angered at himself that he didn't try hard enough. He knew he could've gotten into the top 5 if he had put a little more effort, but it was already over. Extremely angry with himself, Moeru quickly grabbed his bag from the holding station before he started to walk to his home.

The sun slowly started to set as he got halfway home, the Ray's of sunlight beaming across the alleyways, as he continued to go deeper and deeper into the city. After a while, he came up to what seemed to be a abandoned apartment complex, with huge red words being painted on saying,
"Step inside and you explode. Sincerely, Moeru."
Ahhh, home. He stepped into his shelter as he sighed, taking his final glances around the place. If he left here, then maybe even his sister couldn't follow him. Hah, that would be a pipe dream he thought to himself before poking his head out of his window.
"Just another day here, and I'm out."

mentioned:
Venchi1986 Venchi1986

Soon after the exams - two days to be precise - acceptance lettrs were sent out. Once opened, a small disk projected a screen that displayed a message. The bearer of the news was a thirty year old woman, who’s eyes and long, tied up hair were as blue as the ocean. She wore her hero costume, though it wasn’t extremely different to her normal attire. When activated, the disk displayed the following message:
“Greetings! I’m Mei Kohara, and I’m here to congradulate you, (insert character name here), on your acceptance into UA! I will be your teacher for the year. As you most likely know, our academy offers dorms for students to stay in during their attendance. This is to ensure the safety of our students, and flexibility of our schedules. Be sure to pack your bags, as school starts in April!”
The message was short, sweet, and to the point. There was no emotional roller coaster, and all the needed information was provided.

Kayla was only half-listening to the message, listening just enough to know that school begins in April. Of course. One would expect one such as her to feel excited that she was accepted but in truth, she was anything but ..... it dulled the senses when one already knew what to expect. She lay in her bed for what might be the final time, stretching her eye out and just taking in the sights. A group of ruly kids were vandalizing a wall, shouting and screaming profanity as they ran away, up ahead in an abandoned building, a gangster was brutally manhandled by his former brothers, one of which bore a tattoo of an eagle on his shoulder, and still even further away, a married couple was cuddling in on themselves. And many more. She didn't pay attention to all of them. Too much infromation all at once will give a hefty migraine. She is going to need some support items. She already had a stun gun, brass knockles, and a bow. She needed to ditch the arrows unfortunately, they were made to handle robots, and naturally would be extremely lethal to anyone of flesh and blood. Anyone except Jane that is. She wasn't sure how her Quirk worked but from what she had seen from her, she was quite a beast. Meanwhile I'm just a normal f***king girl "blessed" with an f***king "All Seeing Eye" ---- it's a wonder they even accepted me. Her Quirk was intrusive at best, completely useless at worst. At least there was Evelyn.

She wasn't sure how long she was laying there staring at the ceiling fan, watching it go round and round, but time began to feel stretched after a while.

Sighing a little, she played the message again.

Mei Kohara. Quirk: H20 Temp.

Last edited:
“Greetings! I’m Mei Kohara, and I’m here to congradulate you, Jane Delilah Delacroix, on your acceptance....*Click*" Jane does not give the recording much thought, the acceptance part was all she needed to know and suspected the rest may likely be just some long winded ramble, instead she focuses on ducking as several strands of razor like threads quickly pass by her head from a taller woman with similar eyes to her own. She had long since asked for her mothers aid in training and still suspected she took some form of satisfcation in playing with her daughter this way, so with constant subtle movments of her hand the woman had Jane leaping, sliding and flips around the courtyard in a attempt to avoid her mothers quirk....all while holding onto glass of water in a attempt to prevent it spilling. After around a hour of such activity her mother had decided to call it a day and leave Jane to her efforts, faint drops of red seeping from beneath her fingernails where the threads appeared from telling Jane they had honestly been pushing the duration such was being used of for her benefit, even if it was never stated herself.

Following cleaning herself up under the scolding shower she steps out the door and into her spacious room, several shelves full of neatly ordered books, magazines and discs, a computer desk with several large speakers, a door to the adjacent wardrobe room and of course various training/exercise equipment. The walls themselves and even the roof and strange ridges across them of a strange material for a unknown purpose. She clicks several buttons on her computer as music starts blasting out and shaking the shelves, pulling out several newer books from the shelves and starting to read away, regularly comparing them to each other and various diagrams. This would be her routine until april, the nights spent reading, the day spent training and trying to push her limits further resulting in several strange scorch marks across the clear area of the courtyard at points.

“Greetings! I’m Mei Kohara, and I’m here to congradulate you, Yosuke Kabuto , on your acceptance into UA! I will be your teacher for the year. As you most likely know, our academy offers dorms for students to stay in during their attendance. This is to ensure the safety of our students, and flexibility of our schedules. Be sure to pack your bags, as school starts in April!” Yosuke was both that his aunt wouldn't be teaching him as she made clear she felt he didn't live up to his potential during the exam and would no doubt be extra strict to him, as well as disappointed as she partially was the reason he wanted to become a hero in the first place.

Still in order to improve as much as he could he kept her objections in mind and tried to overcome his weaknesses, before April came around. He made several designs for his eventual hero costume and even decided to use support items despite wanting to rely on his Quirk alone. Speaking of which he also worked on Arm Shield and improved it enough that he could create a thin and incredible fragile energy field between his arms rather than just around them, though it shattered easily and took him a lot of effort and stamina.

Patricia Dickinson
The girl was giddy as she received her letter of acceptance, granting her a spot in the academy of U.A. "Greetings, I'm Mei Kohara, and I'm here to congratulate you, Patricia Dickinson, on your acceptance to U.A!", Patricia proceeded to look at her uncle and say, "Did ya' hear that? I'm accepted!", his uncle smiled as she continued on listening to the hologram. "I will be your teacher for the year. As you most likely know, our academy offers dorms for students to stay in during their attendance. This is to ensure the safety of our students, and flexibility of our schedules. Be sure to pack your bags, as school starts in April!", the message ended as she was excited for the school year to start. Patricia had honed her quirk a bit better by practicing to fight and thinking much more harder and clearer. As the result of her slight advancement, she produced a friend from her imagination in the process named Andy Anvil. It was a being with a sentient mind as she could summon it with a snap of her fingers and put him away immediately with just another snap of her finger. This slightly drains her energy in battle but with a bit of tricks up her sleeve, she can have a good combo with the creature.
As Patricia went on to start packing her bags for the school dorms, she thanked her uncle for taking care of her. She hugged him tightly, while her eyes slightly swelled up from the emotion she felt. She didn't know how to leave behind the small apartment and the quirky cafe behind, it was certainly a part of her as she grew up to be a girl. "Hey David, did I tell ya' how much I love ya'?", she asked as she looked up to meet his caring gaze. The future was certainly looking bright for her.

Harry was really excited to get the news. He'd gotten in, he couldn't believe. Maybe he should have but Harry wasn't used to believing in the best, especially when it came to his own performance, but he was still pleasently surprised. At the point of packing, he got right to it. Grabbing all of his favorite books, and other miscellaneous items until his mother politely reminded him to grab some extra clothes and another pair of glasses just to be safe. Harry was a little frazzled at how much he'd need to bring but he packed everything else that he might need among the dorms. After he finished packing, leaving enough clothes to wear for the time before school started.

That left the fact of Harry needed to become more accustomed to using Wildside. He couldn't go breaking his glasses, and his clothes every time he used it. Though UA used uniforms, so that wasn't as much of a problem compared with his own technique. He snapped his fingers and smiled. So that's what he needed to study, time to get right to it....

Evelyn was cooking dinner when her dad “discreetly” opened the letter. When the disc automatically played, he scrambled to turn it off. He had a tendancy of going through Evelyn’s mail; she had never recieved an unopened letter. When the message didn’t turn off, Evelyn decided to listen to the message.
“Mei Kohara... acceptance into UA!” Evelyn only listened to chunks as she focused on slowly moving the japanese stir fry she was cooking. At the word acceptance, she dropped the spatula. She was almost positive she’d get in, but it was still shocking.
“You did it!”
“I sure did!”
Evelyn ran to her dad, abandoning the vegetables. They hugged, and soon enough both were crying.
“School starts in April...” Evelyn’s new teacher said in the background.
“Your mom would be so proud,” the warmth from Evelyn’s father’s quirk strengthened with the memory of his wife.
“I know, Dad. I want you to be proud, too.”
“Of course I am.”

Evelyn spent the next months flying around a nearby high school’s track whenever she could. Though she came home with throbbing wings almost every time, there was a definite improvement in her times. Some days she’d fly a mile and record her time. Other time’s she’d start a stopwatch and fly until she literally collapsed. Her miles soon became flown with weights in hand. Her endurance tests came close to an hour. The days blended together. Eat, train, eat, train, shower, eat, sleep. It was tiring for sure, but the memory of her mother kept Evelyn going. She was Evelyn Reymond, and planned to live up to her surname.

When it came time to leave, she had all her things packed in a large suitcase. Clothes, electronics, trinkets. What else was there? It was early April, a day before school officially started. She gave her dad one last hug.
“I’ll make you proud, Dad.”
“You already have, my fiery angel.” He said, ruffling Evelyn’s hair. He stepped back into the car, but didn’t drive off yet. The ginger turned and took in the large gates, taking in a deep breath. She’d be soon to associate that smell with the best four years of her life.

Kayla spent the few months proceeding to the April classes, praticing her archery and parkour skills. As well as her punching skills. Day after day was left in sweat and she would spend her relaxing time looking at strangers and getting to know more about them, their thoughts, their feelings, everything she could know in one setting. And she pushed the Eye further and further each night, though it strained her to do so. She had been keeping up with the man with the eagle tattoo for a bit in the proceeding months, and what she discovered about him was both dull and utterly interesting at the same time. His name was James. James Corway. He had a girlfriend - if one could call a recurring prositiute a "girlfriend" - and spent a majority of his days importing illegal drugs and selling ill-gotten firearms. When he wasn't high as a kite or raging some form of gang warfare with his mates. He was American, came to Japan when he was only twelve, his father left his mother, and his mother became an addict. The usual gangster archotype. All in all, he was an originary bloke, either of his parents had Quirks, and he dismissed villians and heroes all together. All that in one sitting. The rest was just the usual. Drug deals, bribes to the police, policing his mates, sex, drugs, more sex. The usual shit. At this point she was as familiar with his life and she was with her own. Having viewed him for months as a hobby when she wasn't praticing her archery, her parkour skills, and punching the living hell out of a punching bag. She trained and trained, and trained. Casting her Eye out further and further into the city, scrying pretty much everyone she came across. Nothing much of interest. A couple of Pro Heroes poping up here and there occassionally but all was pretty calm and quiet.

That was until she came across an abandoned apartment complex with the words "Step inside and you explode. Sincerely Moeru" written in red paint with her Eye. Looks like I found one of my fellow students. It wasn't that far from her own apartment complex, surprisingly enough. A few blocks at least. Maybe she could pay him a visit. No. He doesn't know you. And he will find it highly susipcious that he know where his place is.

That was two days ago, and now she was packing her stuff, making to leave this hellhole. James Corway was currently stalking another potential girl, smoking a cigaratte. The Eye had been doing this so much that it reverted to him automatically. It was comforting actually. She packed her bow and arrows, as well as her brass knuckles, and her stun gun. And then checking the room one final time, headed out the door.

Just at that moment James walked from his girl, puffing a smoke, his eyes shining purple. Just as the Eye closed for rest.

She arrived at the U.A by bus several minutes later, just in time to see the gates and her eye to open again and see Eveyln part ways with her father, just taking it in. She smiled as she headed toward the large gates and Eveyln herself. It really was a lovely smell.

Harry has spent the last couple of months doing almost nothing but training. His parents were getting a little concerned but they helped him as much as parents could. Hitting the gym to hone his body so he didn’t need to rely on Wildside too heavily. He honed his Wildside at home. Working on how long he could keep it up, of course that was the lesser of the training. He also worked on honing his brain, going through textbooks to learn the technicalities of any highschool course.

Until finally it came time to go to UA. He bid goodbye to his parents, and decided to walk to the Hero School. He stopped at the gates. Seeing a few other students had already arrived. He didn’t recognize them from the entrance exam but then again Harry hadn’t really spoken to anyone during the entrance exam. He shrugged and began walking forward.

Last edited:
Evelyn turned to see a bus pull up, and watched as Kayla stepped out.
“Kayla!” Evelyn exclaimed, dragging her suitcase over to greet her.
“What’d I tell you? I knew you’d get in. So, tell me, 1A or 1B?” She asked, a large grin on her face. Even if Kayla was in 1B, the classes were equal in status. It wasn’t actually a matter of 1A being better. They’d still get to see each other, even if it wasn’t as often.
————————————————
Asahi stepped out of the same bus, his cat Fuwa obediently at his heels. Asahi eyed the three other students who were at the gate already. 1A for sure. Nobody else gets that stupidly excited. He rolled his eyes before continuing to walk straight. All his stuff was in a duffel bag that he held by the handles. He was on a beeline to the dorms.
————————————————
Riku and Himari stepped out of the bus shortly after Asahi, chatting with one another. Both had suitcases trailing behind them, Himari’s larger than Riku’s. Riku seemingly had just told a really funny joke, funny enough to have Himari tearing up from laughter. Once she had recovered, the two beheld the gates ahead of them.
“It’s even more impressive in real life,” Himari commented.
“Yeah, I just got chills down my spine.” Riku replied, wheeling his suitcase to be beside them.
“Let’s get to the dorms.”
“Right,” Himari said, walking forward. Riku followed.
————————————————
Kaori and Touma exited the bus one after the other, though they weren’t talking. Touma had his head down as he wheeled his suitcase through the gates, while Kaori took in the sights. Kaori held out a hand, and in a flash of light her phone appeared in it. She snapped a photo of the gate, texted it to someone, and the phone dissapeared once more. She carried nothing on her, and had no suitcase for clohes. Her fists were clenched, as if she was straining herself to do something.

"1A." She replied, already distracted as the Eye naturally soaked every single bloody detail of her enviroment. Luckily, the Eye was on simple vision mood, and not infromation mode. "We are each part of Mei's class." Asahi. Riku. Himuru. Kaori. Touma. The Eye was gathering infromation now. Shit. I hate it when it does that! "All three of us are classmates. Even Harry over there." It happened before she could catch herself, the slip and she immediately shut up, hoping aganst hope that Harry didn't hear her. Harry. Wildside. Turns into a beast. Threat of losing control.

A Large black car pulls up shortly after, Jane exiting dressed within the uniform though strangely enough forgoing the normal skirt with instead what seems to be the boys uniform. The same set stance as before another man seems to be getting out and attempt to unload several large cases before she gives them a glare, getting her own cases from the trunk, though more two giagantic black chests on wheels than traditional cases. Turning to the main she speaks bluntly "Send the rest once everything is settled" before heading to walk in to the school and after a look at the signs, towards the dormatorys.

"Anyway," Kayla says, almost as soon as Jane arrives, "no need to stay here gwaking at the gate. Come on! Let's head inside. At least so we can get rid of our bags." She smiles at Evelyn as she heads in through the gates.

Harry turned around when he heard his name called. Cocking his head for a second, who was that, he’d never seen her before. But more importantly how did she know his name. He didn’t even lock eyes with her during the entrance exam, let alone be in the same spot as her. Did she have some kind of mind reading quirk? That was creepy. He shrugged and walked forward through the gate.

Moeru didn't do anything else other than hone his quirk and body through intense training. He had nothing else to do anyway as he focused on getting out of this city. Maybe he could really do this.... Maybe he really could leave this city

On the fateful morning, Moeru walked by as he looked over to a boy (Harry) who stopped right in front of him to turn to the brain girl(Kayla). Moeru saw that it was too late as he dropped his shoulder to receive the impact. He pushed his way past the boy with no word as he continued to the class, his back straightened as he kept walking.

Evelyn smiled wider when Kayla confirmed she was in 1A, but understood not to say anything as she was preoccupied. She nodded and walked after Kayla when she headed through the gates. When she heard the sound of someone slamming into another person, Evelyn’s head turned to the sound. Her feet kept moving forward, but she wanted to see what the cause was. Based on facial expressions and body positions, the boy Kayla seemed to dislike (Moeru) had shoulder checked the kid during the entrance exams who she saw flipping robots over (Harry). At least, that’s what she assumed from what she could see. She didn’t catch the part where Harry had unknowingly stopped in front of Moeru. From what she had gathered, Harry was a little timid, and wasn’t incredibly tough without his quirk activated. Evelyn squinted and lowered her eyebrows in a mixture of dissapointment, dislike, and inability to believe what had happened. Just from that one second, Evelyn decided Moeru was her least favorite kind of person.
“Aye, buddy, try not to make enemies on the first day.” She advised, before turning back around to look where she was going.

Kayla knew she couldn't be hauling her bags all throughout the school but surprisingly, didn't know where her dorm was. She watched as Moeru slauntered past, clearly ignoring everyone and just concentrating on getting to class, eying him a little as he passed. Such a shame, he's quite a good-looker. Why were all the good-looking ones jerks? Even James Corway had some looks to him and he was a murderer and a drug dealer. She made sure to sidestep any of the students as she passed, not wanting to make enemies the first day of school. Espeacially anyone from 1B. Suddenly, a tall redhead girl wearing her hair in two long braids, burrowed past both Eveyln and Kayla in a clear hurry, nearly knocking them both of them down. Anna Marie Slater. Class 1B. Heat Quirk. She didn't need that last bit, just touching her in that brief moment felt like touching a f***king furance! It's a wonder she didn't get any burns! 1B is going to be a problem. Not wanting to wait any further, Kayla hurries to the dorms. Wonder who my roommate is?

As Youske's parents dropped him at the schoolgates Hikaru embarrassed him by tearfully hugging him. "Be careful and don't forget to call at least per week." "I know, mom, geeze." Despite his protests he didn't actually mind too much, though he genuinely felt awkward.

Since she had already finished her preparations for the first day Kanna had offered to help carry her nephew's stuff to his dorm, though she still wasn't happy that he got accepted. "Come on Karu, if you keep mothering him like that he will never grow up."

As the group made its way to Yosuke's room he recognized several students from the exam, though the bow girl caught his attention the most. For some reason he had constantly thought about how they both saved each other and really hoped they were in the same class so he could see her often.

He wanted to talk to her but she was already with the girl with the angelwings and he was afraid it might be awkward if he bothered her now. As a result he lost track of her without being able to say anything to her.

Moeru turned to Evelyn, his sight now on her as she called him out for "making enemies." He looked over to the bow and arrow girl, who he accidentally ran into over the two months that they had to prepare for school. Of course Moeru didn't think anything of it as he didn't know what her quirk was. He looked back at Evelyn as she found her accusation at him, which made him a little salty.
"Make sure your stories right before you start accusing. You wouldn't want to be making enemies on the first day, right?" In truth, Moeru was itching for a fight. There had been a few stressful days on his plate, and he only knew one viable way to release it. However, he refrained himself before turning to Harry.
"Sorry that I slammed into you, but if I didn't I would've fallen to the floor. Hope you're not hurt." He turned around again before heading back to class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back