• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom My Hero Academia - A New Generation [OPEN]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Phoenix Feather

Weeb in progress
This roleplay is set in the My Hero Academia universe, but follows a new group of class 1A students, completely comprised of rpers' OCs. The only non-OC characters will be important UA teachers. There is a limit of one student, teacher, pro hero, and villain per rper, however extras are infinite. Of course, you don't have to sign up for one of all of these. In the end the students are the most important. The rp will begin when I feel as though I have a sufficient amount of people signed up :)

A new school year was soon to begin. While the average student our age got ready for high school, we all applied for UA. We trained to prepare for the Entrance Exam. We did intensive research, workouts, and lots of worrying. Of course, not everyone did these things. A few of us got in through recommendation, and a few of us weren't stressed. I know I wasn't one of these people. The week leading up to the Entrance Exam was the most stressful I'd ever experienced. But here we are. Sitting in an auditorium. The written test was over, it was a piece of cake really. Now was the actual important part, the part we've been stressing over. While Present Mike screamed the rules at us all, I could feel my heart pounding harder than ever. This was it. 14 years of life lead up to this.
Can you see me, mom? Can you see me from the tranquility of rest?
I'm doing this for you.

The auditorium was, first and foremost, extremely loud. As most auditoriums were, now that she thought of it. Kayla entered the place, head down, trying to keep herself unnoticed, and ultimately avoiding eyecontact. She could feel it in the back of her skull, the Eye just waiting to be unleashed on the world. She had only to activate it and she would be able to see everyone in this room and know exactly what they are saying, doing, and in some cases, if she focused hard enough, even thinking. The main dude, Mike she thought he was called, was yelling some rules at the assembled audience before him but she didn't care for them. They washed over her. Slowly she sat down and looked out to the audience, feeling the thrill of anxiousness settle over her. She didn't know she bothered applying to this school, her Quirk, while useful in some areas, was hardly fighting material. How was she expected to fight Villians? Focus on them until their head explodes? She sighs as she cast her Eye out, looking out through the masses. The general mood was filled with anticiptation and triumph, hearts were pounding as hard as hers was. And though there were conversations here and there, none of them were worth listening to, generally students wondering if they will make it or not. Some didn't bother, having the air of one that was smug or insufficient. And still others were primed and waiting like a bird waiting to pounce on a mouse. If she concentrated hard enough she could hear their thoughts but she didn't bother. She just sat back, her eyes on the President.

Present Mike raised his hand upwards to the screen. “Different enemies are worth different point values!” His hand moved to gesture towards the silhouette of a goomba. “Point values range from one point to three!” He said, moving his arm over two more mario enemies. Pointing at the silhouette of a thwomp, he said “But be careful of this one, it isn’t actually worth any points. Treat it as more of an obstacle, try to avoid it-...”
That was all Evelyn needed to know. She had learned the rest online. Present Mike continued to blab on in the background as she could feel the blood rushing through her head. She noticed the girl sitting next to her (Kayala) was seemingly anxious as well. Nothing about her was extremely flashy, she clearly didn’t have a mutation quirk, such as Evelyn’s own. She shifted her wings uncomfortably, feeling as though she was staring. “Wanna work together?” She half-whispered to the brunette beside her. “My quirk doesn’t do a whole lot on it’s own...” she explained, feeling a little stupid now. “O-or not, that was a bad idea,” she laughed awkwardly. “I mean we can if you want to, but if-if not then we won’t. Sorry.” She stuttered, speaking quickly. She could feel her face flush red. Now she had done it, she’d exposed herself as weak to someone she was competing against.
————[ROLEPLAY HAS OFFICIALLY BEGUN]————​

Oh man, he was so freaking pumped! Also really nervous, but he figured most people were as well so at least in that regard he already had something in common with almost every other potential hero in this room. And yeah, there was a lot of competition, but Kaichi had been training for weeks on end just to get this far. UA was the single best hero school in the country, no other could compare. He had to give it his all or else his efforts would seem wasted. Kaichi listened intently as Present Mic explained the rules, and couldn't help but glance around at some of his fellow applicants. He wasn't really trying to guess their quirk for the sake of finding out what advantage he might have over them but quirks were interesting features. He was always curious about them to be honest. Wait- this was no time to get all observant, he had to remain focused on one thing! Point values from one to three, got it. That seemed like a simple enough system. Although this worthless obstacle did concern him a bit. No, better not to get hung up on that. It was only a red herring designed to distract them. Kaichi found himself looking around again. It was a simple game with lots of players, if he made it who out of all these faces will become his new classmates? A betting man couldn't call this one.

Present Mike raised his hand upwards to the screen. “Different enemies are worth different point values!” His hand moved to gesture towards the silhouette of a goomba. “Point values range from one point to three!” He said, moving his arm over two more mario enemies. Pointing at the silhouette of a thwomp, he said “But be careful of this one, it isn’t actually worth any points. Treat it as more of an obstacle, try to avoid it-...”
That was all Evelyn needed to know. She had learned the rest online. Present Mike continued to blab on in the background as she could feel the blood rushing through her head. She noticed the girl sitting next to her (Kayala) was seemingly anxious as well. Nothing about her was extremely flashy, she clearly didn’t have a mutation quirk, such as Evelyn’s own. She shifted her wings uncomfortably, feeling as though she was staring. “Wanna work together?” She half-whispered to the brunette beside her. “My quirk doesn’t do a whole lot on it’s own...” she explained, feeling a little stupid now. “O-or not, that was a bad idea,” she laughed awkwardly. “I mean we can if you want to, but if-if not then we won’t. Sorry.” She stuttered, speaking quickly. She could feel her face flush red. Now she had done it, she’d exposed herself as weak to someone she was competing against.
————[ROLEPLAY HAS OFFICIALLY BEGUN]————​
It took her a while to realize that someone was talking to her, so bombarded as she was by the images left by her Eye. She glanced over at the girl talking and first noticed her wings, a mutation Quirk? Possibly. She was talking to her, something about teaming up or something of the sort. Perhaps because she was so focused on her, she also “heard” her thought process. As well as see it, the flush of red. She didn’t hear her words but the Eye supplied them all the same. She was basically asking for an alliance. Thought her Quirk wasn’t much use on its own. If only she knew how useless my Quirk is. Sure it was great at infromation, but that’s around it. But first impressions were key so she smiled as best she could. “Sure, I could use some help myself.” It was best not to mention her Quirk just yet. After all Evelyn was the competition. The name came easily to her, that was the first thing the Eye usually picked up first, the names of the people she meets. A fact that she learned quickly not to mention. People already knowing your name kind of freaks people out.

Evelyn let out a sigh of relief when the brunette agreed to her plan. “Oh, thank the stars. I’m Evelyn, you are...?” She asked, deciding names were a key thing to know about one another. She tried to listen to Present Mike, but found it a little difficult. He did seem to be wrapping things up, showing an image of mario jumping on the goomba and explaining how we need to defeat the enemies. The scariest part of this all was that Evelyn truly had no way of knowing what the enemies looked like. She was pretty sure they wouldn’t be robotic mario characters, but one could never be certain.
Man, if only I could read his mind.
She thought to herself, wishing she could just have a slight edge on everyone else. There might be some mechanism left exposed for her to clog up with debris. Or possibly a wire she could overheat. Any information would be extremely helpful at the moment. How big are the robots? How fast do they move? Do they focus on defense or offense? The things she could find online legally had to be extremely vague, not at all mentioning what the robots looked like. It’s as if a video were to share all the questions on a test. That’s not allowed, but it’s perfectly okay to say what subjects are covered. She was getting side tracked. Overheating the robots was her plan. Maybe shoving rubble into their gears. Maybe heating up rubble then throwing them into the gears. Yeah, that last one could work! She didn’t quite know how to explain her plan, so she decided her newfound teammate would have to figure out what Evelyn was doing throughout the exam.

“Kayla.”
She said.
The Eye again supplied more infromation on her thought processes. Apparently, she was worried about the ...... robots they were about to face and was considering the mind reader approach. Though she wasn’t a mind reader. But there was a mind reader though she didn’t know it. She had to keep herself from smiling as she focused her Eye on President Mic.

“Nice to meet you...” she said, mind still reeling with thoughts. “You don’t by chance know what the robots will be, do you?” She whispered, thinking she possibly had found an underground website of sorts. “I have a few ideas in mind but really no way to know if they’ll work.” Her rubble idea would work best if the robots had a tank-style drive train, west coast would just spit the rock back out. There were so many possibilities. What if they were like the star wars at-at walker things? They’d obviously have to knock them over, but Evelyn didn’t have the quirk or the physical strength to do that.

“Nice to meet you...” she said, mind still reeling with thoughts. “You don’t by chance know what the robots will be, do you?” She whispered, thinking she possibly had found an underground website of sorts. “I have a few ideas in mind but really no way to know if they’ll work.” Her rubble idea would work best if the robots had a tank-style drive train, west coast would just spit the rock back out. There were so many possibilities. What if they were like the star wars at-at walker things? They’d obviously have to knock them over, but Evelyn didn’t have the quirk or the physical strength to do that.
The Eye was proving severely limited as far as President Mic was concerned. She could sense his thoughts, but they were faint. If anything President Mic wasn’t thinking about the robots or their designs. That or her Eye wasn’t getting any infromation. It would do that sometimes. Like a self-imposed limiter. After all, she wasn’t meant to know everything. She was vaguely aware of the other students, but only vaguely. There was apparently a student with a Kappa Quirk nearby. Not sure why the Eye found that infromation worth noting, but it was something. She could already feel the headache coming on, the strain was already sneaking in.

"Nothing specific."

Last edited:
Jane sits leaned back in her seat eerily still as President Mic speaks, which added to her condition likely unnerved those around. The pale skinned unbreathing youth kept a unmoving gaze at the screen, mentally going over what was said. The written test had been simple, worryingly so and this practical? It was to confirm potential for the hero course.....at least what this school thought what a hero was....and that had its own issues. Never the less she had her goal, and the school was the best option towards that. Though there was the issue of the way they announcing the approaching this test, that was something she would need to think on.

Despite her heritage, she had proven herself enough to have been capable of skipping this entire process, though getting in via recomendation seemed to be defeating the point and she wished to dispatch any idea that it was her mothers manipulations that caused that. She refused to be accepted by any efforts but her own, that was not the path she had set for herself. She remains calm and still as a eye gradually travels across the room one the man has finished speaking looking towards potential classmates, time will tell if they are worth anything.

Evelyn couldn’t help but wonder what Kayla’s quirk was. It obviously wasn’t a mutation quirk, such as the grey-skinned girl’s who sat a row ahead of them. However, Evelyn could take hints. It was clear to her that Kayla didn’t feel comfortable sharing her quirk with her competition, and that was respectable. Evelyn didn’t exactly have the choice, as she literally had a pair of flaming wings attached to her back. “Rough,” She replied to Kayla’s answer. What if there was more reasoning to her silence than them just being competition? What if her quirk’s super insane, and when she whips it out it’ll completely outshine me? What if she’s just entertaining my idea so she can look good when she saves my sorry ass? What did I get myself into? As these thoughts swirled through her head, she realized it must be extremely clear how hard she was overthinking this. What with the scared facial expression, the staring off into space, the hand fidgeting... Evelyn forced herself to snap out of it and put on a smile. “Well, that’s okay! We can still do our best, even if we don’t get to know what the robots will be!” She said in fake cheerfulness, making sure to keep her volume low.

It's like listening to a whispered conversation, Kayla thought, a very loud whispered conversation. The Eye was giving more and more information on Eveyln the longer she looked. And in a instant of looking upon her, she knew that her mother was dead and that she attended this academy in memory of her mother. I don't need to know this infromation. The fakeness of Evelyn's cheerfullness was irritating, but that was just her, no need to bring it up. She is suspious of you, a voice in her head says, an all-too familiar voice. She thinks your Quirk is something super-insane. Then again everyone says that. Everyone thinks that. She always comes across as mysterious and secretive to most people. "I am sure we will." And with that, she found herself turning her attention away from Eveyln, cutting herself off from her anxious thoughts and feelings, to the gray-skinned girl in the front row. Eveyln had noted her so it interested her a biy. Jane. Quirk: Zombie. Has massive regenerative capabilities as well as all the properties of a zombie, enhanced physical capabilities as well. Was reccommended to the academy and doesn't have to go through this process but is doing so anyway to show everyone she can do this on her own WITHOUT her mother's help. Seems to value people based on their worth, at least I think. Ugh. She didn't want to stare for too long, any longer and she would have access to her thoughts as well, and she didn't seem like a friendly person. She looked back at Evelyn, smiling a bit as she engages in conversation for the sake of conversation. "Interesting group of people we have here. We have a Kappa and a Zombie, as well as .... all the other Quirks ....." Wait, did I reveal too much again? God damnit!

While Yosuke didn't worry about getting injured during the practical portion of the exam he did wonder how he was supposed to harm the machines. There was also that special rule his aunt accidentally told him existed but even before he was planning on entering U.A she refused to tell him what it was, not that he really pryed. Either way as Present Mic talked about the types of enemies he took the time to observe some of the other students.

There was a girl with flaming wings. "Hmm maybe an Angel quirk of some kind?" The girl next to her looked normal and Yosuke only noticed her because she was sitting to the winged girl, there was no way to tell what she was capable off. The next person with a seemingly easy to guess Quirk looked like a Kappa of some kind. "Probably something water related." The last person to catch his eye was a blond girl with grey skin. "No idea what she can do, and no real point in wondering."

Evelyn got the feeling her attempt at cheerfulness had the opposite effect she was hoping for. She let the smile melt off her face and let out a sigh, eyes returning to Present Mic. “Oh, the girl ahead of us has a zombie quirk?” She asked, though the question was redundant. She looked around for the aformentioned person with a kappa quirk, but didn’t spot them after a quick scan. Not wanting to look dumb, she simply said “huh, you sure are observant.” It only flickered across her mind that it could’ve been her quirk that told her, but she didn’t ponder on the subject. She already felt like a nuisance, pushing her only possible team mate to share information they didn’t want to share wouldn’t be any help. All this reasoning happened in the back of Evelyn’s head, as her eyes began to wander around the crowd. She began to squint at the further away faces. “Man, I wish I had eyesight like yours,” she said, subconsciously writing off Kayla’s knowledge as being able to see well. “I’ve had mediocre eyesight for as long as I can remember. I don’t wear glasses, though, because they look stupid. And contacts scare me.” She rambled shortly, too busy scouting out the competition to be embarrassed about the tangent.

Present Mic proceeded to make another point about the practical exam, that applicants from the same middle school would be split up into different testing groups in separate areas. That much made sense, this wasn't some group project after all. Although the whispers of other students made him wonder if others were already planning to collaborate. Sure they were all strangers after the same very limited goal, and it technically didn't break any rules, maybe that was a good idea. Even the pros teamed up. Then again this was supposed to be every student showing their own skill so maybe it wasn't the best option. Besides, who here could he team up with? Kaichi was conflicted to say the least but he was still interested in what these other students may have to offer. Some of their quirks were more blatant like his own, but some he wouldn't be able to guess.

Evelyn got the feeling her attempt at cheerfulness had the opposite effect she was hoping for. She let the smile melt off her face and let out a sigh, eyes returning to Present Mic. “Oh, the girl ahead of us has a zombie quirk?” She asked, though the question was redundant. She looked around for the aformentioned person with a kappa quirk, but didn’t spot them after a quick scan. Not wanting to look dumb, she simply said “huh, you sure are observant.” It only flickered across her mind that it could’ve been her quirk that told her, but she didn’t ponder on the subject. She already felt like a nuisance, pushing her only possible team mate to share information they didn’t want to share wouldn’t be any help. All this reasoning happened in the back of Evelyn’s head, as her eyes began to wander around the crowd. She began to squint at the further away faces. “Man, I wish I had eyesight like yours,” she said, subconsciously writing off Kayla’s knowledge as being able to see well. “I’ve had mediocre eyesight for as long as I can remember. I don’t wear glasses, though, because they look stupid. And contacts scare me.” She rambled shortly, too busy scouting out the competition to be embarrassed about the tangent.
Kaichi. Kappa Quirk. Properties of the Kappa. Water manpulation. Ugh. Enough.
She looked away from Kaichi - again, the name was always the first thing the Eye told her, and she rarely got it wrong - and back into her temporary partner. Evelyn was at this point rambling about having poor eyesight and upon hearing her ramble, Kayla felt relief. She had become too close to realizing the truth.
I don't need anyone to know I can invade their privacy at any moment and anytime. They don't like it. Rather her think I'm one of the Quirkless, like everyone else who sees me. In truth, she was more than anxious. This test was to see everyone's cababilities. And while she had .... talents, they were hardly extraordinary, just parkour and maybe being impervious to sneak attacks? She had no visible mutation Quirk, no offensive Quirk, no flashy Quirk. It's even worse! Someone else is counting on me. True, she's a total stranger competing with me for the spot but still. This entire test was horribly flawed. Fighting robots!? Fighting? Because the entire point of being a Hero is to destroy shit apparently! Damn those Superhero movies and their glorfication of destruction and combat!
Three points for one. One points for two. Rescue points --- wait what!?
She blinked once incredously. Rescue points. Secret point system. Not a single student knows of this.
Keep it cool, keep it cool, keep it cool.
Nevertheless she could feel a sense of excitement fill her as this infromation was processed, as it always filled when secrets were uncovered by her Eye. Looks like I may have a chance after all.

Last edited:
Evelyn’s eyes flickered at Kayla, then back to Present Mic, then right back to Kayla. Here they stayed. “You look like you just realized something,” she observed aloud, hoping whatever information she had seemingly figured out would be shared. Evelyn had always been relatively perceptive of body language, though it wasn’t anything incredible. Her sudden excitement, the way her eyes lit up, but above all the way she tried to contain it. Maybe that should’ve been her indicator that Kayla wasn’t interested in sharing. Might as well ask, right? Maybe she had come to the same conclusion a few young speculators on youtube had, that there must be more to it than just destruction. Something else was factored in, that’s how people with seemingly non-offensive quirks can get in. Whatever Kayla had realized, it gave her hope. Evelyn shook her head slightly to stop herself from overthinking more.

“There has to be more to this exam than just blind destruction. Otherwise how will nonoffensive Quirks get in? It doesn’t make sense that they would would base the exam on just destroying shit!” She looks at Evelyn, smiling and as she does, she accediently makes direct eye contact and is immediately bombarded with almost everything. Quirk: Phoenix. Family died due to a fight between a hero and a villain. Mother is dead. No. Too much infromation! She breaks eye contact quickly and the flood of infromation ceases. She breathes a sigh of relief as she closes her eyes briefly. She then opens them. And all was silent. No thoughts, no secrets, no invasion of privacy. It was almost blissful. She just had to ignore all the damn “movies” in her head!

Evelyn nodded excitedly, and had to focus on keeping her voice low. “Exactly! If only we knew what it is, people like to theorize, but we can never be sure...” her voice trailed off, slightly concerned about how Kayla suddenly looked away, and almost seemed relieved when she did so. Maybe that had to do with her quirk? Now Now, Evelyn. Let’s not read between the lines. “Are you okay?” She asked, reaching into her pocket for a tiny capsule of four pills of advil. “I get headaches all the time,” she said, again writing it off as a simple coincidence. “I keep these in my pocket at all times, because eventually I can’t focus.” She explained, realizing she might seem a little sketchy carrying it around. Especially because a mutation quirk almost never has physical repercussions, and hers was no exception.

Kayla glanced at the pills and, wonderfully, she thought, what are those for? An honest-to-god question she didn’t know the answer to? Heaven! “No thanks. I have no need for pills.” She couldn’t help but smile brightly as she says this. Should I tell her about the secret points?

No, that voice in her head said, that voice that sounded like a wiser her, she doesn’t need to know of your Quirk. You remember the last time you shared your Quirk? Your “friend” called you a witch and shunned you.

“Oh, so you don’t have a headache?” She asked, putting the pills back in her jacket pocket. “Advil’s always worked best for me.” She stated for no particular reason. Evelyn kept looking at Kayla, hoping for them to make eye contact to see if it was the cause. That’s dumb. I’m dumb. Why would eye contact be the cause? Sure there was that Shinso guy from the general department who has to have a question answered... he sure got unlucky with the test. Evelyn again had to force herself to stop overthinking things. Her eyes rested back on Present Mic.

The present is sure taking his time.
One would think that waiting would be relaxing but no it wasn’t. It was like a bomb waiting to go off. An ancipation bomb. The Eye was getting bored at this point, it flickered through the area with a jaded air, images flashed in and out of existence as she was privy to several conversations but none of any real importance. Indeed most of the students were too insufficient to be much interest to the Eye. With the exception of Jane and Kaichi, the Eye didn’t pick up on anyone else. Except: there was one other. A young man. He noticed Evelyn and herself. Yosuke. Again I know his name. But not his Quirk this time. Interesting.

“alllll riiight everyone! Please, head to the starting gates!” Present Mic announced, before everyone started shuffling out of the auditorium.
“Oh, dang, I guess that’s all the time we have to talk...” Evelyn commented, getting up out of her chair. She paused, and drew in a quick breath. That was something she did when she was about to say something, but a pause followed it. She decided to just ask. “By the way, we never explained our quirks to each other.” She said, deciding to test the waters by diving in. “I’ll go first, but you probably guessed it by now. I do things the mythical phoenix can. That’s what the wings are. My tears heal wounds, obviously not serious ones. Cuts and bruises upon contact, even headaches and fatigue when consumed.” She described, still shuffling out of the auditorium. Man was it packed. That was it, she had layed out her entire hand of cards. Of course, she had no idea her cards weren’t opaque to Kayla. She decided if there wasn’t trust to share even their quirks, there wasn’t gonna be synergy. Evelyn hadn’t quite described her entire quirk, as she left out the buff it gets when she gets angry. Her mom had taught het trust. With her passing, she had also taught Evelyn what happens when you trust the wrong people. Evelyn bit her tongue in sudden regret.
So many things can go wrong today, mom. I tried to assess her character, yet I acted with haste. But you’ve always told me: “It doesn’t matter the handicap, the determined will succeed.”

Kayla followed Evelyn through the packed audience, listening to her describe her Quirk as she went. Little did she know that she already knew it. And the little buff too. It was a neat trick. But she was testing the waters, she wanted to know her Quirk but the last time she told someone, it didn’t end well. But she needed this alliance to work! She couldn’t afford to lose an ally! She began to speak but froze for a moment, gulping down the vile in her throat. “I ..... know things.” She began, slowly. “I know stuff. That’s my Quirk. Knowing stuff. People, places, things, that sort of stuff!” She quickly shut up and continued on moving with the pack, keeping with Evelyn all the while.

“Woah.” Evelyn said, considering Kayla’s quirk. She already had a million questions, but she knew one thing. “Wait, that’d be really useful! So, do you like automatically know? Or do you have to get it from somewhere? How much do-“ she cut herself off before she asked too many questions, and took in a deep breath. “That’s gonna be super useful. If the theories are correct, we can dominate at whatever secondary point system there is.” Evelyn would be rambling at the moment, but her brain was working too fast for her mouth to keep up. By this point the group had exited the auditorium, and congregated by the starting gates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back