• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern (MxM) Demon angst + fluff

SpotBandit

Should be studying.
So recently I've made a new character recently and want to flesh him out and I also feel like some wholesome, fluffy roleplay (with some serious angst and identity issues-- you'll see when I describe the character), so I've decided to post this and see if anyone would be interested. Firstly a few rules though;

- I'm 17 and want you to be 17 or older (I'm not comfortable roleplaying with people under my age, sorry!)
- Traumatising themes (things like rape, etc) are a no-go and I don't want any mention of them (they make me extremely uncomfortable)
- Please be semi-literate or literate!
- No one-liners (please)
- I like to plot (even if it's brief) so expect a little discussion before anything starts (character sheets are preferred. He has his own art so it's for the sake of me not needing to describe his appearance in high detail)

Alright, so now that's out of the way I've got a vague idea of what I'm thinking;

My character, Azrael, is a demon who actively rejects being the stereotypical evil fiend. He tries to be as optimistic, kind and humble as possible to everyone (including other demons, which causes him to be an outcast in a hellish world where everyone is for themselves) knowing that while he doesn't have an emotional pillar to lean on, someone else could lean on him if they needed it (if they so befriended him, which none currently have). Being open-minded and rarely having a one-sided view on most topics, he's aware he must reap souls and cause mayhem in the overworld to maintain a delicate balance of life and death (unlike most demons who apathetically do it for sport), but it still takes a heavy toll on him every time he has to take something or someone's life. His appearance intimidates others and whenever someone sees him he knows they assume he's simply as horrid as any other demon, which causes him to be shy and despise his obviously demonic appearance. While he, for a while, was capable of simply bottling up those feelings so he could do his job and stay emotionally afloat, it has begun to emotionally and mentally sap him which, which in turn makes him ask himself why he was even made the way he was if he hates who he is. 'Why' is a question he asks himself constantly, and unable to confide in anyone else, he's left to mellow in his own growing self-hatred and sorrow, unable to come to terms with himself.

In short, I'm looking to develop him a little more- to have someone else play a character in which Azrael can confide in and have a healthy relationship with (preferably as partners (( can be platonic )) because of massive fluff). The other character can be any species (angel, human, demon, etc) as long as they're above the age of 18 and are male. There'll be angst and a tonne of emotionally charged moments as Azrael has to come to terms with himself, but I'm looking for him to get over himself and be able to have fluffy moments with the other character for some wholesome stuff. Your character, if they're also an emotional wreck, can also confide in Azrael and they can both be developed and have their moments together. We can brainstorm ideas in the DMs to flesh this out to our liking.

Thanks for the read ^^

Last edited:
This sounds interesting! I think my character Sammie would fit decently - he's a happy-go-lucky, bright character, so may be able to give Azrael a shoulder to lean on. I'll PM you.

yo yo! i think my angsty brain would like this! i might have an.. ahem human-like character to do this with?
(he's a half-elf < 3 )
do you mind if I PM you??

alrighty!! thank you!!
i'm in school right now, so responses might be little slow- sorry in advance!

morning! i’m really interested in this (if it’s still open of course) i have the perfect character for azrael! a bit of an emotional wreck himself, but he’s a big softie for those he cares about! his look is a bit intimidating, but once you get to know him, i’m sure you’d love him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back