• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Mutant Academy

Surprisngly, Jacob really enjoyed his first class, Jacob had never liked School but this class seemed to be really interesting. Mr Bennett started off by talking about the first known mutants. A man called Alexander Brown was involved when he had a battle outside of the White house.

"Does anybody know what power Alexander Brown Possessed?" He asked the class. No one answered, most of the class didnt know much about mutant history. "No one?" He continued. "Mr Brown had the power to control metal" and he did so, killing 19 police officers and 22 civilans, The most people killed by a mutant ever recorded. "Although, it wasnt only him who was involved in this event" Mr Bennett continued.

"A man known as Blaze was also involved, he had the ability to create and manipulate fire to great extents, he once created a fire storm that stretched over 10 miles!" Mr Bennett continued. Jacob couldnt write everythign down fast enough, his hand started to hurt from writing so much but he continued. Suddenly the door opened and it was only when Poet nudged him softly in the rib was it that he looked up from his book he was writing in. Mr Lencher was standing in the doorway accompanied by a girl.

Jacob had only been looking for a second before the girl gave the pair of them a nasty look "what are you looking at?" She sneered at them.

"Wha-" Jacob said to Poet, not sure what he did wrong. He continued writing furiously the rest of the class until.. "And that concludes our first class..". There was a great scrape of chairs and everyone stood up. "You get all that?" Poet asked him as they both stood up. Jacon gestured at the 6 pages he had written down, his hand was absolutely aching, he hoped he hadnt seriously injured it.

Rose was caught by surprise as Poet talked to her. She fumbled for an answer, but couldnt find any as she was already too stressed out. She simply nodded and watched as he walked out the door. Her eyes scanned the room with a curious look, not quite sure what she was expecting to see. Powers in action perhaps? She started walking towards the teacher in the classroom, as her eyes landed on a girl, who seemed to be on her way out.

The girl she watched seemed to be having some issues.. Dizzyness? No.. That wasnt right. She narrowed her eyes and stopped in her steps. Pain? As the girl let out a scream, Rose was caught by surprise and instinctly dropped her suitcase. Though it confirmed her worry about the girl being in pain, she felt a nagging feeling in her stomach. The suitcase landed with a hollow thump on the floor. As the girl moved out of the classroom, Rose attempted to follow to check on her if she was alright. Also, instinct, to see if there was anything she could possibly do to ease the pain.

As she attempted to follow the girl, the stream of students became bigger and bigger. She slowly pushed her way through, keeping her eyes on the poor girl mumbling "Sorry" on her way through. When she finally got through, she carefully put her hand on the girls' shoulder. "Are you feeling okay there?" She whispered in a worried tone, figured she probably didnt wanna draw any more attention than she had already. Rose looked about and gave the staring students a harsh look before turning her head and attention to the girl.

Ava jerked from the girls touch, "Don't touch me! It just makes it worse!" Ava realized she was screaming at the poor girl and blushed. Ava realized she was in the court yard now and sighed with relief. She hit her knees and threw her head back slightly feeling the warm sun on her skin. The pain started to subside and Ava could only feel the pulse energy from the people in the courtyard and from where the girl had touched her. Ava relax alittle laying her hands down on the grass, feeling how good it felt for it to be in between her fingers. But as soon as Ava breathed out the grass started to grow taller around her. "What the-" Ava was in shock that the grass was growing around her. Ava's eyes got wide as she was swallowed by the tall grass. Ava yelled from inside the grass "What the hell is going on!" Anger filled Ava's voice. This never happened to her till she came her. The extreme pain, All the energy, and the non-stop growing grass never happened to her before she came here.

Ava stood up and crawled through the grass till she was at the feet of the girl she screamed at. Ava blushed feeling embarrassed that this was happening to her. She moved around the girls feet and went to stand up. Pushing off the ground with her hands Ava stood up quickly. Ava looked down at the ground and noticed the whole courtyard was blooming flowers. "You've got to be kidding me." Ava looked at the girl and sneered. "Do you see this? This is why I should've never came here." Ava crossed her arms and huffed. "Oh.. Im sorry for screaming at you.. Its just been.. well sorta rough.." She tried to crack a smile at the girl.

Rose pulled her arm to her chest as if the girl had burnt her. Her eyebrows narrowed even more, if possible, creating a tiny bump between them. Following the girls movements with her eyes. She wasnt scared of her, she just wanted to help. The nagging feeling in her stomach grew bit by bit, as it seemed she couldnt do much at this moment. It was in her nature, so she wouldnt give in. Unless that would be the best thing to do. "I'm sorry." she muttered, not sure whether to smile or pout. It became a mixture of both. The smile reaching her eyes but not her lips as they were pushed tightly together.

Rose felt the movement of the grass, and felt its force growing. She took at step back and looked at the panic and anger in the girls face. She stared at her own hands. She couldnt feel the surge and energy she usually felt when using her powers? She couldnt be the one doing this. The feeling when connecting to her element was completely gone. Could it be this girl had the same powers she did? She took a step back when she felt the elemental force growing, and saw the grass increasing in height. Rose eventually lost sight of the girl, and her eyes flickered back and forth from where she'd seen her last to the edges of the grass.

When the girl came crawling she couldnt help but release a short and quiet giggle, but immediately regretted it. "I'm sorry, I shouldnt laugh." she said with her hand over her mouth. "You've got to be kidding me. Do you see this? This is why I never came here." Rose raised her eyebrows curiously. She opened her mouth to ask the girl something, but the girl was faster. "Oh.. I'm sorry for screaming at you.. It's just been.. Well.. Sorta rough.." Rose shook her head and smiled at the girl. "It's fine. I know what its like. I'm Rosemary. Do you.. Have elemental powers..?" She asked carefully, but curious.

Ava had the look of bewildered on her face as she looked at rosemary's face "No I don't. Whatever that is." She looked at rosemary and then back at the mess she had made. "So that's what that is? Elemental?" Ava walked toward the tall grass and looked at it questioningly. That must be why when rosemary touched her all she wanted to do was touch the grass and feel the warm sun. Like plants do. Ava turned back to rosemary "That what you can do isn't it? That's your power?" Excitement filled her voice. She noticed the high pitch squeal in her voice and immediately cleared her throat. "I've never met someone with that power before."

Ava walked toward her mess and put her hand on the tall grass, She breathed in and out and concentrated on making everything back to normal. Once she opened her eyes the grass was back to normal and all the flowers were going back into the ground. She turned back to rosemary lending out her hand " Well sorry for being so rude, I'd like to introduce myself, I'm Ava Smith. And for me being an elementalist I am not. But I am a Replicationist." She smiled at the last part. She is proud of who she is but not o the pain that it brings.

Rose got a confused look on her face, nodding to what the power she'd just used was with concerned eyes. Didnt Ava know her power? She felt the nagging feeling in her stomach disappear as Ava seemed to be relieved from the pain she'd experienced earlier. Roses' eyes followed Avas movement carefully, slowly getting a big grin all across her face. Nodding with an intense curiosity entering her eyes. "I get my power from nature. Earth, if specified." she said, feeling blood rush to her cheeks as she was the first person Ava had met with these powers. What powers did she contain, if not elemental?

As if her feet were moving on their own, Rose followed Ava the few steps towards the grass and watched as she normalized the courtyard. Moved her eyes from the grass to the flowers as they slowly returned to their normal state. Rose turned towards Ava and smiled widely whilst taking her hand. As Ava explained what she REALLY was, Roses eyed gleamed with passion. "Nice to meet you, Ava Smith!" She said overly politely with a short laugh. "That explains how you could use my power. I touched your shoulder earlier. My mother told me about that once. I've never met someone like you, either."

She suddenly opened her mouth as if to continue her sentence but closed it again, making a grimace. "Damnit.. I forgot to get my dorm-room, and I left my suitcase." she sighed and laughed at herself. "I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to leave. It was really nice to meet you, and I'm glad you're feeling okay! I'm sure we'll meet again!" She yelled the last part of her sentence as she ran across the courtyard back into the Academy. She had to get her suitcase. And her key. And her books. Man, this was an interesting day. A grand smile widened across her face. She'd like this place.

Ava waved bye to her I guess you can say friend? Ava didn't know. She never really had friends considering the fact that she moved from town to town running from her father and the people that made her come to Mutant Academy. She was always running. Never once did she slow down. Actually she did once when she stayed in New Brooke for 6 months. The longest she has ever stayed anywhere. She met a guy named Alex there who was a mutant just like her. He helped her figure out how to control her powers, and he was the only one she couldn't lie to. Things got rough and Ava did what she knew how to do best. Push him away and make him hate her. He was probably the only guy she ever really like liked, Maybe even loved. But that was in the past. She never really let anyone ever get to close to her. It was dangerous for them and her. If she let them get to close and she had to leave it would hurt them and her. She couldn't deal with that emotional baggage.

Ava snapped back into reality when she realized her stomach was growling. "Man when was the last time I ate?" She tried to think back but couldn't really remember. Everything had became a big blur. -errrelll- Ava held onto her stomach "Damn I need to eat" Ava looked around to figure out where the cafeteria was. She started to walk down the hallway that passed her class, looking really quick she saw her text books were on the ground from where she had her episode. She blushed at the thought of everyone seeing her that way. She grabbed her text book and realized she saw someone from her class. One of the boys that was looking at her when she sat down. She blushed again. She must have looked like a complete bitch. She ran up behind him grabbing onto his elbow. Immediately after doing so she felt a surge of energy come from him "Whoa...." she never felt such a surge like that before. She swung him around so she could see his face. "Um hey jacob..." With a quick glance she caught his name written on the front of his notebook. She looked him in the eyes for a second. Then shook her head "Hey Im Ava... I was wondering if you could show me to the cafeteria." She bit down on her bottom lip waiting for him to say no. He had every reason to say no. She was a bitch to him and the other guy when they did nothing wrong.

@JacobLoL

Jacob left the classroom, carrying his exercise book. He had left his text book on his bed. He turned and started walking down the hallway back to his room. His mind was racing, he had to find that voice. He was suddenly swung around, it was a girl, the same girl that Poet had told him to look at before, the one who told him off. Jacob really wanted to get back to investigating. When the girl asked him to show her to the Cafeteria he hesitated for a second. Why were so many girls taking a liking to him? "Uhhh, im sort of in a bit of a rush.." he started to say, he looked at the girls face, she looked a bit upset. ""Uh ok, quickly" He grabbed her and they suddenly appeared in the Cafeteria.

He saw that the girl looked a little shocked by the sudden teleport "i can teleport and walk through walls.." He said quickly before turning to leave. "Sorry ive got to go! ill see around!" he called to her as he walked, almost jogging towards the exit, then he appeared in his dorm room. He chucked his book on his desk.

TIME SKIP

Jacob looked at his alarm clock 10:48pm it read. He lay in bed contemplating whether he should take Scarlett with him. It was so dangerous, what if the safeguard blocked him, and while he was teleporting? he could end up anywhere, anything could happen to him, he had no idea what would happen it could possibly kill him somehow.

He appeared right outside the beautiful carved wooden door. The hallway was extremely dark, fortunately Jacob could still see due to his eyes adjusting back in his dorm room. "Ok.." he he said to himself, his heart started racing. He filled his mind with images f the staff room. And he was gone...

A janitor closet. Poet was hiding out in a janitor closet. It was almost 11 at night which meant classes were over and Poet was very much awake. Deciding against blasting music he was using earphones, listening to a few rave songs, they carried a nostalgia factor, reminding him of home. With the melodic and chaotic beats with catchy singing he was in heaven. Dancing around, mouthing lyrics, and shooting neon around the room, simulating strobe lights.

Memories of his life before the academy. Large crowd, an open air pavilion, well into the night, blistering music, bright lights, but the neon...it was the best part. Everyone's jumping up and down, people were riding shoulders, pumping their hands into the air even with drinks, the cool liquids raining down into the crowd, all rational thoughts were lost and he was absorbed into the audience, they were his family. Confetti, balloons, and streamers flew through the air, the mighty roar from the mass of people carried into the city.

Now here he was in a janitor closet, partying his mind out by himself, he didn't care, this was good enough. From the outside of the closet, flashes of color could be seen underneath the door.

~It was fuzzy to her. She couldn't make out where she was or who she was with, All she knew was that she was holding onto someone's hand and running.. But running from what? Her vision started to clear up. Ava was in a dark ally way. With Alex right by her side squeezing her hand so tight that her fingers were purple from lack of blood flow. "Hurry, This way!" It was like a never ending maze. Left. Right. Left. Left. Right. End of the road. Alex and Ava come smack dab into a wall. Alex and Ava turn around to find a black hooded man with a electric stick in his hand. They were trapped. Ava clenched onto Alex for dear life "What are we going to do!? He's going to kill us! We cant even use our powers because hes blocking them somehow!" She trembled as she could see the smile on the hooded mans face. With the raise of his hand he twirled the electric stick in the air and threw it toward Alex and Ava. Alex threw himself in front of Ava tears rolling down his face "AHHHH" the prongs from the electric stick latched into Alex' spine and started to pull at him. Pain and anguish filled the air as Alex screamed. "I've got you both now." the hooded man chucked. "NO! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS!" tears flooded Ava's face as she watched Alex dragged off. She felt helpless. The hooded man looked at her and smiled "Because you are satins children and need to go back to the hell you came from!" the hooded man grabbed Alex by the hair and pulled him up. Electricity still flooding over his body. "Don't worry my dear, You'll see him again in hell"~

"NOOOOOOOOOO ALEX!" Ava awoke screaming her brains out. "ALEX, ALEX, WHERE ARE YOU!?" Ava flicked on the light and realized she was in her dorm room. Beads of sweat were formed on her forehead. She was sitting up in her bed now. Her head resting on her arms that rested on her knees. Tears flooded her eyes. "It wasn't real, It wasn't real" She repeated to herself over and over as she sobbed. Her nightmare felt so real. Like it was actually happening. Ava trembled in her bed she was so shaken up that when her text book hit the ground as a result of her freaking out it made her scream again. Ava shook her head "Stop being so jumpy. Nothing is going to happen to you here. Its a safe place." She talked herself down. Ava turned to look at the alarm clock. It was 11:38pm. It was the middle of the night so she knew no one was going to be out of bed. She got up and put her shoes on. Her hair was in a loss pony tail letting her fly aways fall down into her face. She wore tight black leggings, a sports bra and a zip up hoodie that hung off her shoulder. Ava grabbed her bathroom stuff and her dorm room key. She needed to wash off that bad nightmare. And the sweat she produced while dreaming. She headed out the door and toward the stairs to the building that held the girls and boys showers and locker rooms. It was really dark in the hallways, Avas eyes still not adjusted. Ava hears something behind her and see's a shadow move from the wall to the hallway she just came from. Her face filled with horror. She turned and started running for the stairs turning down hallways she had never seen before or knew where they exactly led but she didn't care she needed to get outta there and fast. Ava reach the bottom floor and went to turn down the first hallway. Ava went to look behind her and didn't pay attention and stepped on her own towel causing her to fall and lose all her bathroom supplies. "Hurry up, Hurry up, Hurry up!" Ava scrambled to pick up her things as she heard foot steps getting closer to her

Last edited by a moderator:
Rosemary had finally found the dean, after picking up her suitcase. The one she forgot in the classroom after attempting to help Ava out earlier. The dean had shown her to her room, and given her a key. He seemed to be rushing, but she didnt question it. He probably had alot to do, not wasting it with showing lost students to their rooms. The dean had left once Rose unlocked the door and entered the room, leaving her alone wandering in her thoughts as she unpacked her things. He had told her she didn't have to attend the other classes since it was her first day. She spent the rest of the day unpacking, relaxing in her room. A photography of her and her parents on her bedside table, clothes in the closet placed in the room, and some neccesary stuff her parents insisted on to bring with her. She eventually moved the books placed on her bed, and slung her body on top of it.

Her mind trailed of to what had happened on her first day. She was exhausted from travelling, and she had seen other mutants powers! She never thought she'd end up in a place like this. People like her, with special abilities, different pasts, it was amazing. She closed her eyes and sighed with relief. Slowly falling asleep with a smile on her face.

Scarlett held her covers up over her head, a ball of flames in one hand and the other steadying a rather large book about the history of mutants on top of her bed. The other girls were all asleep by now, or at least they should be, and she didn't want to disturb them by creating unnecessary light. Nor did she want to hide in the bathroom or sit out in the corridor. Not only would it be uncomfortable and cold, but she was waiting for Jacob to come and teleport them both into the teachers staff room. After all, they had a mystery that needed to be solved. And she had already commanded of him that she was apart of it all now, and she was not to be left behind. The time should be nearing soon. She could almost feel her nerves tingling with excitement.

Earlier that day, after her first class, she had made a quick trip to the library to borrow some books that would eventually prove vital to her success in all of her subjects. A History Of The Mutated Humans by Getrude Hersman, was a boring, tedious read but at least it would give her a deeper understanding of what she had already learned in class that morning. With no notes having been taken down, all she could rely upon for basic knowledge about the first mutant attack was through her memories and the book that currently lay in front of her. One of the major reasons behind why she wanted to begin studying so early on was to find out more information about the mutant named Blaze. His powers, although an unforetold significantly greater strength than hers, were essentially the same. The control and manipulation over fire. Blaze was a murderer, yes, but he was also someone that she should look up to. Obviously not for moral and ethical reasons, but because of his great skill in his power. In comparison, hers was a gentle breeze on a summers day, and his was God himself. If she could strive to influence her powers like his, grow them and stretch them until she was expanding her limits, then she could become a force to be reckoned with. A powered human who could show the world that mutants were not to be feared, but to be respected and realized that they could actually do some great good. She wanted to do good. She wanted to have the ability to not have to fear herself and for other people when she use her element. Fire was a beautiful thing, but it was one of the most destructive forces on earth. If she could learn to control it and grow it like Blaze, she would be amazing. That was the reason for why she was so invested.

Snuffing out her light by closing her hand into a fist, Scarlett resurfaced into fresh, sweet air and took a few deep breaths. Not only did being stuck under sheets restrict your outside oxygen flow, but fire ate it up like nothing else. Number one rule if you're buried alive. Don't light a flame or you'll die that much quicker. She pulled her watch up to her eye level, pressed the nightlight button and quickly surveyed the time. Her heart sank, and then quickly grew bitter. 11:00 pm. Their designated time meeting, and Jacob was no where to be seen. Scarlett knew he wasn't late. No, that boy was seriously invested into his little case. He wouldn't miss getting into that staff room even if his leg was broken. She didn't need to know the deepest secrets of his heart to guess that. She had read it from the emotions on his face. But there was something he was underestimating about neglecting to bring her along. It was Scarlett herself.

She was already fully dressed and prepared as though it were daytime and she was walking to the shops. Jeans, jacket, pony tail and shoes. Without a second thought about what she was doing, Scarlett walked out of her doom and down the hallway. She was going with him on this mission whether he liked it or not. Even if she had to walk everywhere. Sure, Jacob might be thinking that he was doing it for the right reasons. Maybe that he didn't want her to get in trouble, or so she wouldn't die. But he had chosen the complete wrong way about it. What might have been worst of all, was that he hadn't even talked to her at all. Led her on to believe they were in it together and had already decided that he was just going to betray her ill-placed trust. She could handle herself. She had done it before. She was no mere weakling. Jacob obviously thought so though. Oh, she was so mad. Why did she even think of trying to join him anyway? She was attracted by the top of the Empire State Building and by his confidence in her to tell her the truth about what was happening. He was a friendly person and the first person to introduce himself to her. He wasn't bad looking too!

Scarlett grimaced, knowing that was a bad reason but sometimes you couldn't help it. Not that she wanted him or anything, because right now, all she wanted to do with him was push him down a well and put on a lid. He probably thought she was in love with him too, just because she had enjoyed talking to him and maybe blushed once or twice. But when he finally saw him, he was going to realize why you never scorned a woman. Maybe ger thoughts were spinning a bit out of control, but she had been really interested in solving a murder case! It hurt to be left out of it when she specifically asked him to include her. Being left behind by a potential friend was like being told you were a failure. 'Mmm, no sorry. You can't be friends with this person. You're not good enough.' Scarlett had a pretty high self-esteem, but it didn't mean she was invincible. She still wanted to impress people, and do things that would set her adrenaline on fire. It wasn't until she blinked a couple of times, that she realized she had made her entire way to the teachers staff room. In fact, she was standing immediately in front of it.

Scarlett didn't know if Jacob was in there, but she wasn't going to wait around to find out. Her fist rose up to sharply knock two times on the door and she began with a lie. "Jacob, I know you're in there. It's Scarlett. Let me in, or I swear to God I will call Mr. Lencher right now and get you suspended, or expelled. We need to talk. Right now."

Jacob appeared in large dark room, facing a wall. He turned around to see a huge long metal table and many seats all places on either side of the table. He was in the staff room. He couldnt believe he could do it? He walked along the table until he saw a door way, he squinted through the dark and saw that the doorway led to multiple sort of cubicle like offices. Maybe he could find something in here? He looked in the first cubicle. It belonged to Mr Lencher, Why not? He thought to himself and started lifting up bits of paper and folders. Mutant Registry Act of 2014 The first folder read. "ugh" Jacob whispered quietly to himself. That wasnt going to help him.

He teleported between cubicles, searching through their computers, scouring every folder and piece of paper until.. Student homework A folder had printed on it in large black lettering, Jacob lazily looked through it expecting it to be rubbish but he caught the words Weapon X and FOH among the vast amount of small printed words, Bingo.

He looked at the name on the desk "Mr Horace". He was just getting ready to teleport back to his room when "Jacob, I know your in there!". It was Scarlett, she couldnt possibly know he was in there? He stayed as quiet as possible.

Ava got all her things together when she realized the foot steps were of a girl who was dressed in jeans and a jacket. Who was she and where the hell was she going at this time of night? Ava felt stupid she shook her head with a little grin. "You got scared for no reason Ava." She grabbed her bathroom stuff and watched the girl with red hair walk away. She wanted to follow the girl to see where the hell she was going but she didn't have the patients for all that. Ava started to walk out the door. She stopped dead in her tracks when she realized she didn't know where the shower room was. She thought for a moment trying to remember what Mr. Lencher said about the shower rooms. After remembering where it was located and picturing it in her head. She went to walk toward it but vanished from where she had once stood to the front of the shower rooms. "What the-" Ava was in shock. Did she really just teleport? Then Ava remembered when she grabbed Jacobs elbow she felt a powerful surge of energy from him, But was teleporting that strong of a power or did he have another.

Ava entered the shower room. She set all of her stuff on the counter that was connected to the shower she was using. She got undressed and closed the curtain behind her. Ava let the hot water just run over her. Her eyes were closer and her forehead rested again the wall. Memories of her nightmare flashed into her head. She opened her eyes widely to make the images go away. She ran her hands through her hair and let the water hit her face. She needed to forget about this nightmare so she could go back to sleep.

After she finished with her shower, She turned off the water and wrapped the towel around herself. She grabbed her hair brush and walked over to where the mirrors were located. She set the brush down and placed both hands on the counter. She looked at her reflection in the mirror. She examined herself. She was skinny, But not that ugly skinny. She didn't have bones sticking out but her collar bones. She took her fingers and traced over them. Finding her way to scar on her chest. She traced it gently. It was in the shape of a crescent moon, From the lamp that used to sit on the night stand in the living room. She closed her eyes remembering everything in the living room of her old home. Remembering where her mother used to sit and read her books. Where once you walked through the door you could instantly see her mother and how she flashed her beautiful smile. Ava looked just like her mother. Long hair, Baby blue-green eyes, Slim figure, And dazzling smile. The only thing that set her apart from her mother was her mother was a brunette. Ava got her blonde hair from her father. Just about the only thing she got from him. Everything else was all her mother. Which hurt Ava to look at herself in the mirror. All she could see was her mother. She missed her so much. The only person that actually accepted her for her mutant self. Even though her father is the one that carries the mutant gene. Ava felt tears fall down her face and she whipped them away.

After Ava was all dressed, she headed back to her room. She walked past a building and saw the girl with the fire read hair. She could hear her yelling for Jacob through some door. Ava stopped with a puzzle look on her face. She headed over to the building and opened the door and poked her head through the door "Hey I don't know your name but I can hear you yelling from the hallway FYI" Ava flashed a smile and headed back on her way to her room.

Scarlett whirled as the girl called to her from down the hallway and scared the living shit out of her, having made her jump and slam her back against the door, arms splayed as though she were protecting something. A strand of her hair fell out of her ponytail and she blew it away from in the middle of her eyesight, trying to calm her speeding heart. Breathing was quickened and erratic, eyes wide and nervous, and she had stop shouting for Jacob. Was she going to ask why Scarlett was standing outside of the staff room in the middle of the night? Why she was calling inside for Jacob? Why she was fully dressed and not in her pajamas?

Mind still trying to work it's way from frazzled and shocked, she focused on forming together some half witted lie so that she could gush out a response, and yet, as it eventually turned out, she didn't need it. As soon as the girl had warned her that she could hear her from the hallway, she smiled and disappeared, her footsteps audibly leading away from her and her situation. She blinked a couple of times, cleared her throat and resolved that she would lower her voice projection levels. That had been too close for comfort.

Hands shaking slightly from her fright, Scarlett knocked once again on the door and moved closer to it. "Jacob. It's Scarlett. Let me in before someone else comes and finds me out here. I'm not moving until you let me in. That was such a close call. If it had been a a teacher, both of us would be in serious trouble. Not only would they most definitely catch me, but also you once I tell them I was searching for you in there. They'd know you would have been in there sooner or later. Let me in, Jacob. Come on, please don't be more of an idiot."

If he was in there, he was probably hiding somewhere, listening to her calls and hoping that she would just get bored and walk away. As she had stated before, she was much too far a part of this scandal to be dropped from it now. She wasn't going to let Jacob get away with it all on the first night either. Thinking quick, Scarlett began to improvise. She swallowed for effect and knocked repeatedly, voice lowered into a harsh whisper, trying to keep everything quiet. "Jacob? Jacob, let me in. Someone's coming. Jacob, I know you're in there. Let me in. Someone's coming. We don't have much time!"

Jacob started reading the document quickly, he caught the words Mutant Experimentation. What was going on? Mutant Experimentation? He continued reading unitl "Jacob Murphy". Why was his own name in this document. Scrawled in pecil under his name was "Jacob seems to be a rare mutant, who happens to possess not one but two powers, Capture Priority: Highest" This scared him alot. Who was Mr Horace?

Before he could do much more, he heard Scarlett whispering urgently that there was somebody coming, he knew that she was most likely just trying to get him to come out and get her, He contemplated weather he should take the file or not? He decided he would go back to his room and read the rest and then when he was finished he would put it back. He tucked the file in the back of his pants.

But what to do about Scarlett? Ah he knew just what to do, He appeared at the end of the hall that led to the staff room, he could see Scarlett at the Staff room door, Just like he thought, there was no one coming. He quickly jogged towards Scarlett "Scarlett?" He said, trying to act surprised. "Sorry i was late i fell asleep" he lied.

She could scream at him. Demand that he tell her the truth. Insist that he better not leave her again. Catch him out on the betrayal that he was spinning. Swear that she would never talk to him. That he was going to pay for what he had done. Yet, She didn't do any of that. Scarlett turned at the sound of his approach and felt her heart pick up in suspecting doubt and probable embarrassment, watching his every movement and expression with the acute awareness of an owl stalking prey. Her thoughts were a flurry of questions, doubts and accusations. He had been in that room. She wasn't sure at the beginning, but as the silence grew larger, she had begun to believe he really was hiding from her. Nothing was that silent, or at least could sound so forced. If forced silence actually had a sound. She crossed her arms, shifting her weight onto her left leg. She wasn't going to be fooled. Nor tricked, or lied to, or betrayed again. She knew that he had been in there. She was certain about everything... Was she?

Jacob looked surprised to see her there, as though he had been completely expecting that she would still be waiting for him up in her room. He didn't appear shocked, disappointed or fearful. He was just standing there in patience, wondering why she had come down there without him. She was even wondering if he could have heard her calling to him inside the staff room. But... He was a teleporter. He could have heard her and then was currently trying to trick her. He could walk through walls and he was a mutant, and he was clever. He didn't want her there. He... The doubts were wrecking her conscience and she groaned, turning away from him so she had some room to pace and think. Embarrassment was also colouring her cheeks a fresh pink, and creating more insecurities within her. She liked to think that she was a good person. That she was able to trust people, moderately, and give them the aid and chances that they needed. She had been furious with Jacob before, but it seemed that by actually seeing him was bringing back a sense of level-headedness within her. Maybe she had been wrong? Maybe Jacob hadn't actually been in there? Maybe she was a horrible person who was just too invested in herself?

Scarlett felt a sob of anger and disappointment rise up and choke in her throat. She was such a bad person for doubting Jacob, or falling for his tricks either way. It was too much to deal with after a big day. "Hi Jacob," Scarlett greeted with a resigned tone, rubbing a weary hand across her face. "If we're going to do this, let's get I over with. I want to get some sleep tonight. And... I'm sorry to say that I was actually doubting about whether or not you were going to show up. You're a good person and, thank you for including me in on this search. It means a lot to me."

Hope got out of the car that just arrived to the school for mutants, she could hear the police officers that came with hear repeating the same rules over and over again.

"And remember hope n-"

"No fighting, using powers, breaking rules or the law"

"I understood the first eight times"

The police officer came out of the car and looked at Hope, he had been taking care of her in a special foster home for troubled kids with no parents. He had a kind heart and always found a way to make Hope feel better

" Try to make some new friends, I´m sure they will like you Hope"

"Yeah right"

The police officer gave Hope a big hug and entered the car, as soon as the car drove off. Hope started to walk towards the school.

Hope looked at the students of the school walking around and looking at her.

"
I will have time to worry about other people later, now, i just have no find the secretary for my schedule" Hope never trusted people and she knew she was not going to make any new friends. The only thing that kept Hope happy was the idea of having fighting classes.

Jacob felt really bad about lying to Scarlett, but this investigation was getting more dangerous. What was Weapon X? And what is FOH? Jacob had never suspected that he was special or rare, there were plenty of mutant teleporters, but two powers was quite unheard of and now that he thought about it, everyone that knew he had two powers, was quite amazed when they found out.

"Ok then.." Jacob said to Scarlett, of course he knew that he could teleport inside the room, but she didnt... All this deceiving was making Jacob feel like some sort of evil villain, he just reminded himself why he was doing it. Right now he just really wanted to get back to his dorm room so he could read these documents. He put his arms around Scarlett and then continued to pretend to try to teleport. "It's not working" He said to Scarlett, pretending to try a few more times.

It had all been such a stupid idea and Scarlett had embarrassed herself beyond repair, it didn't even matter if Jacob had heard her calling, but that other girl definitely had. She forced a smile and stepped back, shrugging in the face of their defeat. "I guess this school really is more advanced than I realized." She stated, before smoothing out her hair and pulling her jacket closer around her. "I'll, uh...I guess we should probably give up tonight then. Maybe you can find another way some other time, if you're still interested in finding out about what that guy said. Thanks for your help. I'll see you tomorrow."

Scarlett offered him another quick smile, before she turned around as walked back down the hallway and out of building. She was well aware that she could have simply asked Jacob for him to take her back to her dorm room, but she wasn't in the mood to do so. Not only did she simply want to forget about the disaster that had been that night, but she also needed some time so that she could think to herself. The black of the night outside was suffocating, but as Scarlett walked along, she created a little ball of flame and felt safer, and more reassured with it lighting her way. For a specific time, she was incredibly grateful that she had such a power.

Hope walked out of the secretary with the papers in her hands. She slowly walked looking for her room. The only thing that was in her mind was if she was going to get any roommates. She only wanted to be alone, but that never worked out for her and always got stuck with someone. As Hope found her room, she took a deep breath, and opened the door

Jacob watches as Scarlett walked off. He just wanted this night to end. He appeared in his dorm room, everyone was asleep except for Poet, infact Poet wasnt even in he's bed or the room for that matter. Jacob shrugged it off, it seemed like no one really liked sleep around here. He reached behind him to read the file he had stolen, he felt nothing. It was gone! how?

Jacob started to panic, he uickly appeared in the hall he had just been in with Scarlett, searching frantically, it wasnt there. He appeared in the office of Mr Horace, frantically searching the desk, nothing. Where had it gone?

When Hope opened the door, she gladly found herself in a single dorm. She threw her things in the bed and opened the window to look at the moon. "Shame" she thought to herself " A awesome night spend locked in this stupid room" then, the idea hit her. Everyone was asleep, well, everyone was supposed to be asleep and that was the perfect opportunity to explore the school without any stupid adult telling her what to do. Hope dressed in the darkest clothes she had and headed out of her room. She was almost a shadow, the dark clothes and the darkness in the school was helping her a lot. She soon found a office . "Hmm an important government guy's office" Hope opened the door and searched through the files to see if there was anything interesting. The files were full of names of the students and the review the school had for them. Hope searched for her file and found nothing." Probably because I'm the new student" She thought to herself. Hope saw a other door, she ran towards the door and placed her ear in the door to hear what was going on in the room. She could hear the stuff moving around, "I guess I'm not the only one in here"

Last edited by a moderator:
How had he lost the file? Where had it gone? Jacob was in the middle of thinking when something hit him, a burst of electrical energy shot through his entire body. Someone had shot a Wire cable at him with such force it knocked him off his feet, he slammed into the wall behind him, bits of the wall fell out from the impact. He fell to the ground, "UGhhzhzh" He managed to choke out as the wire was firmly rapped around his body also trapping his arms. It was so hard to think with over 1000 volts of electricity shooting through his body constantly. He quickly thought of his dorm room, He managed to sort of glitch on the spot but he couldnt teleport?

"A bit hard to teleport with 1000 volts of electrity running through your body, huh?" A low almost unhuman voice said to him. Jacob found it hard to even see with all this pain. "Ughhhzhzhz" He let out again. He looked up to see a dark figure moving towards him, holding a short black rod that the electrical wire was connected to. He managed to see the figures face, It was wearing a mask that looked like it was moulded into its face. "Wha- UGHHH are you?" Jacob managed to choke out.

The figure ignored Jacob's question. "We've been looking for you" The figure said in an almost relaxed voice. Jacob tried to teleport again, more parts of wall fell out. "Ooohhh, your a powerful one" The figure said again "They'll like you". His head felt like it was going to explode and his vision was quite blurry. Maybe he could fall through the wire? Jacob tried to move through it.. and it worked! He fell through, feeling his muscles relax a little but he was instantly stopped before he could hit the ground, in mid air. The figure was holding out his hand, This figure had the power of Telekenisis? Jacob thought to himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back