• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Mutant Academy

JacobLoL submitted a new role play:

Mutant Academy - You have special abilities and have been accepted into Mutant Academy!

It is 2014, The government has told us that Mutants are people do and have all the rights of an American Citizen. But that's not how it is at all, tensions between Mutants and Humans are at the breaking point, The Department of Education decided that all mutants who are minors must be sent to one of the many Schools for mutants.
Mutant Academy, the best school for Mutants in the country, here you will live. will you learn to control your powers or will they control you? You may find friends,...
Read more about this role play...

JacobLoL updated Mutant Academy with a new update entry:

The Roleplay has Officially started!

wow we've had 9 people sign up including myself which is great!
But.. do not even bother joining if you dont wanna check this rp atleast once a day! it would be a shame for this to die!

but besides that enjoy, have fun, use your powers :)
Read the rest of this update entry... 
Jacob, stepped out of his Mother's new black commodore and closed the door behind him.

"Bye! i love you, have fun!" His mother called to him as he raced towards the gates.

"Yeah by m-" He quickly stopped in his tracks and disappeared into thin air, only to reappear at the cars shiny trunk.

"I forgot my suitcase!" He called to his Mother. He then quickly pulled his Suitcase out of the trunk and then again teleported, this time right next to the driver-side window.

"Do you really need to do that for everything?" His mother said looking up at him.

"Uh.. well how often do you get to evaporate into thin air and then reappear anywhere you want" He replied smiling.

"Just, be safe and have fun" She said

"I will" He said, then quickly walked off "Love you!" he yelled.

He was finally here Mutant Academy, which infact was located not to far outside new york city, he wondered if they would be allowed to leave the school grounds at all. As he walked further into the school he noticed that there were alot, ALOT of other teenagers around him. It was amazing, even though there were supposedly alot of Mutants around he had only ever met one other Mutant in his life, A blackjack dealer who had the ability to hear any sound, including a ant scurrying across a floor 40 miles away.

Jacob looked around him, all the other students looked completely normal. Ahead he saw a huge hall, he supposed thats where he should head. Now that he thought about it the entire school reminded him of Hogwarts from Harry Potter, he always wished he was a wizard, but teleportation and the ability to move through anything was just as cool. Most students were standing around talking, and showing off their powers, he looked around and saw a range of different abilities in use, Telekenesis, shapeshifting, Rapid Healing, Flying also teleportation!

Peter took a deep breath and took the first step onto American soil. He walked through the air port, retrieved his luggage and went to stand in the quarantine line to get Jack. He started thinking about the flight, he had never looked at people in this light before, being more aware of mutants now. He slid his hand into his empty pocket, pulled out a mint and popped it into his mouth. He was sure he saw a girl who wore so much makeup she must have had blue skin underneath and he could have sworn he saw a man in the smoking section of the airport light a cigarette with his finger. "Next!" Called the person in charge and he walked to the front of the line "I've come to fetch my hawk" "your hawk, sir?" She looked at him quizzically "yes, he's a grey hawk" "ah, the bird" Peter waited quietly until they came out with Jack in a bird cage. He took the cage and stroked Jack "Hiya, Jack, how's my beautiful bird today?" Peter reached into his empty left pocket and pulled out a scrap of dried meat and fed it to his bird. He then walked outside with his rather small backpack, packed only with some complicated electronic things that he didn't want to create and let Jack out of his cage, the bird took his place on Peter's shoulder. Peter hailed a cab and showed the driver a piece of paper with the address of the academy on it. The driver winked at him and released a flash of light from his left ring finger.

When Peter arrived he got out, thanked the cab driver and offered him money, however, the cab driver denied and said "This one's on me, kid" as the cabbie drove away Peter turned around and was surprised to see a large crowd of children outside the building, all showing off their abilities. Peter tried to make himself smaller and crept around the sidelines towards the hall.

Last edited by a moderator:
The bus pulled up outside of the new Mutant Academy and Scarlett tentatively stepped out of the doors, and pulled her bag with her few belongings up onto her shoulders. No one got off with her and the community vehicle was soon pulling away and driving down the street. She bit her lip, turned back to look at her new school and took a couple more steps forward. This was it. After how ever many years of living by herself, running from what she was, she finally had the chance to find out how to control it. She was going to be boarding there, living with other people and using her skill all of the time. Nope, she couldn't do it. What if she caused another fire?

Her forefinger on her left hand lit up in flames at her fear and she quickly focused on setting it out, heart beating rapidly. Come on Scarlett, she told herself with false determination, Get in there and see what they have to offer. Just try it out if anything at all. You can do this. Go! Scarlett continued forward, looking around at her fellow mutant students to see if she could see anyone she knew. It was a definite long shot but she couldn't help but try. Maybe, if there was someone that she knew, everything would be a lot easier.

There was a great hall that some people seemed to be heading towards, and Scarlett decided that that was where they were going to have their introduction. Even as she stood there, she couldn't believe that she was there. With some many other people like her. She smiled despite herself and it boosted her confidence, so that she was able to walk through the gates. Time to find out what she was going to be doing now, and who she was going to be living with. A boy froze a tree, a girl melted into a pile of goo, another girl was chewing a piece of gum which just seemed to grow bigger and bigger without her aid, and a boy was talking to a little frog and they were having quite a hearty conversation.

Her furious, natural red hair was pulled up into a loose, high pony tail and her clothing wasn't really anything special. Obviously, there were some rich kids there. But there were also poor kids. A girl with fire powers wearing skinny jeans, a green shirt that matched her eyes, and a dusty black leather jacket was no beacon. She felt safer that way. Her thoughts wondered back to memories of her life before she discovered she was 'special', when she bumped into a random guy. "Oh sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going." She apologized with a small smile.

Jacob felt something hit him in the back, he was pushed forward a little bit from the force. He turned to see a mass of firery long red hair standing where he just was. "Hi!" he said smiling widely, he didnt even mind being pushed, he was just so excited to meet another mutant and to be honest was dying to show off his powers to someone. "Im Jacob" He said extending a hand. "So, what can you.. do?" he said shaking the girls hand.

((a little short sorry))

Peter found his way into the hall and sat down near the back. He looked around the rather empty hall and set his suitcase next to his chair. For once, not afraid of his powers being seen in public, he held his hand in front of his eyes to see what it looked like when he made something appear. He didn't need to concentrate much as he had become quite adept at making mints appear. He willed a mint to appear and there was a shimmering haze on his palm, then a flash of light and a small *pop* and then there was the mint. He put it in his mouth and sucked thoughtfully.

Scarlett's eyes widened slightly at the warm reaction, but her smile widened all the same. "I'm Scarlett, a coincidence to match the colour of my hair, I assure you." She began, taking her hand gently back from his handshake and holding her palm out towards him. With a glance down at the tips of her fingers, they set a light and she looked back at him. "I have some growing control over fire, but I am also impervious to it. As of yet, I've survived an entire house burning down as I slept within it.. Although, I'm not immune to smoke." She laughed, and extinguished the fires again. She felt as though her heart squeezed slightly at the memory of what had happened, but hid it from the young man in front of her with another smile. "What can you do?"

Jacob watched as Scarlett extended her hand towards him. she held her palm upwards and a bright roaring flame appeared. "Wow!" he said quite amazed that someone could do this. "That is really cool!" he said again, trying to contain his excitement. He then listened to her tell him about the fire she was in. "Oh.. thats not uh good" he said unsure what to say. he hoped she would ask him what he could do. And she did. "Uh let me show you" he said smiling widely almost unable to control his excitement. He moved towards her and went in for sort of a hug, looking at her to make sure she had a facial expression that said she approved of this. "Uh, sorry, if i dont do this you coud end up anywhere" he said grasp her tightly in a hug. Then they were gone. In a split second they were ontop of the empire state building in New York City, which was luckily close by because teleporting exhausted him quickly, he a little dightly dizzy from the trip. He looked around a few people who were also on the building leaped back in fright by the instant appearance of himself and Scarlett. Fortunately there were no really bad reactions due to Mutant awareness.

((we'll come back to you in a second Lynxll!))

Peter started wondering who organized this whole school. It must have been a huge challenge, he thought, also to get the government's agreement to start the place, and without surveillance too! Peter started scanning the walls for cameras

The sudden blast of wind against her hair caused her to flash her eyes open in surprise, and she stumbled back from Jacob, heart beating rapidly. The Empire State Building. They had traveled to the top of the Empire State Building in the blink of an eye. "You're a teleporter!" She shouted over the wind, grinning. "That is so cool!" She had been a bit apprehensive about being hugged by a relative stranger but now, she was just in awe. She had never met a teleporter before, but could imagine what kind of unlimited opportunities such a power would present to someone who owned it. Plus, she had never been on top of the Empire State Building before. Strange, but she didn't think that she had ever really found the time. Even though she hadn't had to go to school for awhile. She frowned, before remembering where she was.

"Your power is so cool." Scarlett said, walking back to him. He seemed like a nice person, and she was rather glad that he had wanted to show her one of the extents of his power. It was a step that meant, she possibly had someone to talk to at the new school. She wrapped her arms back around him and said, "Let's get back now."

He blushed a little at how impressed Scarlett seemed at his powers, he had another power but decided maybe to reveal that later. He looked around the area there were in, some people looked shocked and disgusted others smiled at him and some even clapped, he'd say that people were about 50% against mutants and 50% for mutants, Suddenly Scarlett rapped her arms around him and asked to leave. He quickly brang up a image of the hall he had seen when he had arrived, he had seen all the way to back of the hall, And.. they were gone, a split second later they appeared in a row of chairs literally right in front of a boy (Lynxll) who looked like he was sucking on something, he imagined they may look quite strange, embraced in a tight hug.

Peter fell over backwards in his chair in fright "ahhh!" He screamed. He quickly got up, dusted himself off and "sorry, are these seats reserved?" "I'll just be going now" he started walking away when he remembered Jack, he turned around to see Jack standing in front of the newcomers, who seemed to be lovers by the way that they were hugging. Jack was glaring menacingly at them.

Scarlett opened her eyes once again, and marveled at how they had managed to appear once again in another destination. Fires could be used to bring warmth and heat, or to extinguish it, but she wasn't even up to that part yet. At this school, she had the opportunity to grow it substantially, to try and push it past it's limits. She smiled at the thought of really being able to control it, when she stepped back from Jacob and realized they had an audience. The boy seemed to be sucking on something though, and she frowned, not wanting to ask what it was, but still being really curious about what it was.

"No, he has the ability of teleportation." Scarlett replied with a slightly embarrassed grin. "We just got back from the top of the Empire State Building and ended up in here. I haven't had any previous reservations on any seats in here." Her hands raised up and she felt through her hair, which had fallen out completely. She didn't have another hair band either. Her last one.

"Teleportation? That's pretty cool" Peter righted the chair and picked Jack up and put him on his shoulder an said "sorry about my hawk" he started wondering what the girl could do. He also started wondering: what did girls like? A diamond appeared on the chair behind him, then a chocolate and then a bottle of perfume "sorry" he mumbled and then held his hand against his temple as he started feeling dizzy and he sat down, right on to the diamond "ow!" He jumped back up and looked behind himself "what the?..."

Scarlett gasped and picked up the diamond from the seat of the chair, staring at it in wonder. "You just created a diamond out of nothing." She whispered, turning to stare at the chocolate and then the perfume in turn. Diamonds were a beauty, chocolate was always good and she assumed that some people would like perfume. She made sure not to touch it though, having heard that the potent liquid was rather flammable. Not exactly the best idea with her kind of power. She smiled at him, and placed the items all back onto one chair.

"My name's Scarlett." She introduced, and created a ball of fire in the palm of her hand. "I have a developing power over fire and immunity to it. I would guess that you, seem to have the power to create whatever you think of. If I'm right." She laughed, and looked at the boy in delight. "Actually, can you create me another hair band? I lost it when we teleported. If that's not too much, of course."

"Oh.. Um.. Yeah, that's my power, I can make whatever I can imagine, though it takes quite a lot out of me" he shook his head to clear the last if his dizziness away "My name is Peter, and if your power is fire, which is pretty cool, then don't worry about the perfume exploding, if I made it absent-mindedly then it is probably the same as my mom's, which is a non-flammable organic mixture" He then held out his hand and he willed the nicest headband he could imagine to appear. In his hand appeared a beautiful jade headband with intricate carvings filled with gold paint. He gave it to her and tried to not appear dizzy after he made it. "It would be my pleasure. Oh, and all the other things I made are also yours, if you want them, and the jade is sure to be fireproof too"

((sorry, i had to go somewhere!))

Jacob and Scarlett suddenly appeared in the packed hall, although they were at an emptier part of it. He heard a clank of chairs and noticed a boy had just got a fright from himself and Scarlett suddenly appearing, the boy started creating various items a diamond and even edible items such as chocolate, "Wow that is amazing!" he said to the boy, wondering if they became better friends maybe he could make him something, like an iphone he thought better to ask as the boy looked like he was getting tired. "Uh do you mind if we sit with you?" Jacob asked the boy smiling, it was amazing that other people had these amazing gifts!

"I guess it's fine... Actually, thanks! It's always great to have people like myself and who don't find me weird" Peter sat down gladly as he felt as if he might pass out soon because of making a diamond, a chocolate, a bottle of perfume AND a jade and gold headband.Peter made the mint in his mouth disappear "Oh, and I can also make anything I've already made disappear and I also get energy back for it."

The cab pulled up to the Mutant Academy. Poet sat in the back seat, the driver looked to be in his mid thirties and was Spanish. Normally the taxi drivers Poet had run into had no filters and spoke their mind on anything they wanted, if they felt like insulting you then they wouldn't hesitate, but this one didn't.

He looked back to Poet, his voice one of unease.

"Um...sir? Are you r-really a mutant?"

His voice caught the attention of Poet who was busying himself by staring at the academy and the people milling about.

"Huh? Oh...yeah."

Poet paid the cab and got out, lugging his backpack that was filled with his belongings. He stood at the gates fiddling with the glow sticks he kept in his back pockets of his jeans. They were a mobile source of neon and this place didn't look to have giant neon signs or billboards. He sighed and made his way inside, absentmindedly turning his hand into neon, the flesh and bones were replaced by a torrent of blue and purple, his hand was a light pink.

He kept this going as he made his way into what looked like the main building.

The slight female was curled up in the backseat of the car. Large blue eyes gazed out the window as the car, with its heavily tinted windows pulled up to the school. Sighing softly she clutched the large black stuffed rabbit she held tighter to her chest. Glancing up she caught the reassuring gazes of both of her parents. Trying out a weak smile she looked out the window once more.

"Don't look so worried Umbra or your Mom won't want us to leave you..."

Her mother laughed lightly reaching over to playfully punch him in the shoulder. Umbra chuckled softly leaning forward to kiss both of her parents on the cheek. She knew that they didn't want to leave her almost as much as she didn't want to leave them. After all it had only been a year since she had recovered from her coma. But they all agreed that it would be for the best if she could learn to control her powers.

"Alright... I'm going now... I love you both okay..."

Her parents both smiled giving her fierce hugs before letting her out of the car. Opening the door she stepped out, delicate UV parasol as she did so. Peeking back into the car she gave her parents one last wave before shutting the car door.

Clutching her rabbit to her chest she moved towards the building that was to be both home and school to her for the next little while. Most of the students were busy getting to know each other and showing off their powers.

She felt a bit shy around all the new faces but it was good to see others like her. Standing awkwardly on the courtyard she began fiddling with her long silver hair. She wished she had a book to read but they were all deep in her bag.

The girl manage to get on the next bus, while it was on it way to her destination she could just about see the mutant academy, she inhale the air nervously she honestly didn't want to go but it will help lots.. She exhale as she got off the buss, she put her black hood over head and grip onto it, She hope she wouldn't make a appearance, but they would see her sooner or later...

She saw a man walk into the building, she was just out side the gates ''W-what if they hate me..?!'' She bite her button lip as she turn back to get on the buss but it all ready left ''Oh great..!'' She pouted anxiously. it felt like faith was dragging her to the door as she walk down, passing the gate and entering the academy.

Mila was sitting on the bus to the mutant academy. On her lab was her was her computer, and beside her was a duffle bag with the few things that she had. She lived wherever she could, so she didn’t exactly had lots of stuff to move around with. She had her gloves off so she could use her powers to hack into different websites. Currently she was following a case in the CIA’s database about a killer on the loose, she wasn’t interfering or deleting anything, she just thought it was interesting to follow, it was like peeking into your own criminal show.

But when she reached her stop she closed the computer and put it into her bag. She slung the bag over her shoulder and took her gloves back on. She still kept her hood up as she walked up to the academy. She was going to give it a few days, and then leave if she didn’t like it here.

She looked up at the place, not minding where she was going as she walked and accidentally ran into a person walking too. She let out a gasp, and lost grab of the duffle bag. “Ah sorry, I didn’t see you there..” she began, and when she actually looked at the person she shook her head a little. “…which is totally strange, since you’re … glowing.. wow,” she mumbled. She was really an idiot. She shook her head at herself, and then crouched down to pick up a few items that had fallen out.

Lia was almost pushed out of the car by her brother. They obviously didn't want her. She looked around and used her mind to.open the car trunk and move her suitcase to her. And without even an I love you or be safe from her parents, the car drove off. She felt tears welling in her eyes from sadness and joy. She wished she had parents who loved her, but she was glad she was away from their house.

With a sigh she made her way up to the school. There were so many kids like her, she's only ever met one.mutant and that was her teacher. Lia shyly made her way around and decided to stop at a group of three and a bird "Uhm... hi" she did a little wave a flashed them a small smile "I'm uh... Lia"

"Uhh, hi Lia" said Peter, surprised that so many different people were talking to him in one day "Do you want to sit with us?" He motioned to the seat next to him Jack then flew off Peter's shoulder, landed on Lia's and softly pecked her ear "Huh, he usually doesn't do that" and in response to Lia's quizzical look he said "it means he likes you"

Someone walked into Poet, making him stumble a bit. He turned to see a girl with short,wavy hair.

“Ah sorry, I didn’t see you there..which is totally strange, since you’re … glowing.. wow."

Poet immediately grew aware of his hands and quickly shut it off, the colors disappearing, leaving a regular hand in his place.

"Uh...yeah that happens...sorry if it freaked you out...wait, why should it? We're all here in this place together

which means..."

He looked at her curiously.

"What can you do?"

He asked while bending down to pick up a few things she dropped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back