• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Mutant Academy

Hope walked around in the parking lot, waiting to get more of the signal that had vanished hours ago. The girl was trying to fix a broken telephone that she dropped in the street. That was the only communication device they had to communicate with the rest of the group.

" Hope, help me out with this piece of garbage"

Hope looked at the broken phone and at the girl trying to fix it. She looked up hoping for Jacob or Scarlett to put their head out but nothing happened.

" We have more things to worry about, like finding another power signal"

" You fix the phone and I'll look for power signals"

" Fine but of you get anything tell me, we need to find then before the others find them. They are not going to make it in their possible conditions and fighting one of those things won't help.

" Yes Hope, I always thought that when we injected the mutants or those "things" like you call them were awesome, now that we are fighting against them they seem more like... I don't know,
bad people?"

Hope walked towards the girl and gave her the device as she took the phone, she closed her eyes and the phone became completely black and then it became normal again. She looked at the phone in case she missed anything until she heard a scream.

"Hope I got some signal and it is very close! Wait, it's just you..."

Hope laughed, something she haven't done a long time ago. She forgot how it felt and how much she loved it.

" Keep looking, we need to find them before it's too late"

" if we find them? Where are we taking them, I mean, while the school is being fixed."

Hope had already though about that, the entire night she only tough of finding one place were they could be safe

" don't worry, I'm taking them with Nathan, he can help us"

Scarlett almost swore, and to truly understand how much of a shock that was, it needed to be known that she never swore. She was a good girl, or at least tried to be, and stooping down to such a level was not an option. Yet, she had been up all night checking for any possible dangers and the absolute soonest moment that she took her eyes off of watch, and a mysterious threat was advancing upon them. They needed to get out of there but something was holding her back from taking Jacob's hand just yet. The girl who she recognized from their school was carrying a rather large device. The white haired woman was a stranger, but she wasn't the main problem at the moment. The device was.

She didn't know what it possibly could do. Obviously from the frequency with which the young mutant girl was glancing at it, meant that she was tracking something. And if that something was them, which it most probably was, then they would know exactly where they traveled to. Added to that fact, what if the machine had some kind of weapon on it? Or when they disappeared, the girl would launch an attack from their mysterious organization upon them? She couldn't be sure and with the new light of all of these attacks, Scarlett didn't want to risk anything. Their lives were too important, and if they got a hold of Jacob... well, obviously they wanted him. They wouldn't have become so involved in catching him if it wasn't for a specific reason.

"Let's find another way out of here." Scarlett suggested. "Get away from that girl, her friend and her device without using our powers. I think she's tracking us with something. We sneak away. I don't want to risk anything. We need to be careful now that we're on the run and we're on our own. If we think something isn't right, we need to pay attention to that. Please?"

Hope was now looking for any signals while her friend was working with the tracking machine, she already asked the shirtless guy in the front desk if he had seen them but she could see that the guy was drunk. The phone rang and Hope answered it immediately,

" Hope this is taking too long, I told you to get them as fast as you could"

Hope knew what has going to happen, the other soldiers were going to come. Hope knew what those thing did and what they were, the group she was with created a machine that could give them as much powers as they wanted but they would have to take those powers from another mutant, the only way was to kill the other mutant and take a small part of the powers with the machine. That's the reason of Hope's escape. The powers that were taken weren't as powerful as the original, the group captured people and offered them a place in the group, if they didn't cooperate they killed them,

" Don't worry, we have signal and we are tracking them"

" Good, Hope remember to bring them here alive and I won't give away your dumb secret"

" I don't care about that, if someone wants to know then fine"

Hope ended the call and went straight to her friend and took out a small bottle that had blood in it.

" Hope are you sure you want to do that? We only have one shot"

" Yes just prepare the machine"

" How did you get his blood anyway?"

" While the school was attacked, Jared was able to get some of his blood"

Hope inserted the blood in the machine and the screen went black, then a signal started to grow bigger and bigger. Hope started to run towards the hotel and opened every door she found, she wasn't going to stop until she found them

((The hotel doors are locked you cant open them))

Jacob heard the girl come up the stairs onto the level they were on, He quickly grabbed scarletts hand and pulled them both through a door which led to the bathroom, closing it behind them, The hotel door was locked and he hadnt used his powers yet, he hoped she'd just move on. He looked around the bathroom and felt like throwing up, It was dirty and there was mould that looked like some kind of plant growing in the bath tub. He pressed his ear to the bathroom door listening for any sound of the girl.

"We'll wait until she leaves" He whispered to Scarlett. The girl had inserted a liquid that was red into the machine it seemed to increase its tracking capabilities, If although very unlikely the girl did find them he could teleport himself and Scarlett out of the Hotel, even to another country but he really did want New York hot dogs, but this was more serious then food. He had a strange feeling that she wasnt looking for them for a good reason, He couldnt help but thinking she had other motives or maybe she worked for someone who had other motives.

Jacob grabbed Scarlett's hand "Just incase" he said, he doubted they would need to teleport away but he didnt know how much longer he could stay in this filthy bathroom. He could hear the faint beeping of the machine the girl had been holding he could also faintly hear her talking to someone, most likely the white haired girl.

(( She has powers, she can open them with her powers or picking the locks))

"Hope this is the last room"

The white haired girl looked at her friend, Hope gave her the device while she was busy opening the doors and searching the rooms. The girl could see the signal coming from the room they were in, there was no explenation about the signal getting lost like that. Hope had used Jacob´s blood, that never failed. Sadly, that was their only chance of finding them with the blood, they had already ran out of ideas. Hope began to look under the beds and she looked any place in the room that was big enough to work as a hiding place for Jacob or Scarlett.

"I dont get it, they were supposed to be here! It was our only chance!"

The white haired girl was about to answer, she knew how much finding them ment for Hope, she knew Hope still felt guilty and had tried to help people from the group for years. It was her job and she was very good at it. The girl heard people talking, she recognized those voices and they both ran towards the window. The reforces had come and sadly, they send the mutants with the cheap clone of the powers. Hope looked around, looking for an weapon or a way to escape. She suddently got an idea and took the tracking device, she put one of her hands in the floor and closed her eyes, she sent a power signal to the other side of New York, hoping the others would think they teleported and gave them more time to find Jacob and Scarlett. Before she was able to do anything else, one of the mutants from the other group entered the room.

"You are late"

The guy said with a low voice, as trying to scare them. After all, he was one of the mutated people from the group and he knew their weaknesses with the help of his original power.

"
The signal is in the other side of New York idiot, we were going to go there"

The guy looked at his tracking device and ran to his partner. They both ran towards the signal, Hope looked at them leave, she smiled for a second until she began searching for Jacob and Scarlett again. The girl searched for them too, until she realized that there was one place they didnt searched yet.

"
Hope, the bathroom"

As the bathroom door closed behind them, the door to their dirty room was magically opened. Scarlett clamped a hand over her mouth to stop her heavy breathing from being audible, it raced alongside her quickly beating heart. The pair waited in anxious silence as the two strangers entered their room, trying desperately to find them. She had to continue reminding herself that none of this was actually her fault. If these people actually did have a tracking device that was trained on them, there was absolutely nothing that she could have done to escape this outcome. She was just glad that Jacob had been given the chance to recuperate somewhat. Although he was still looking quite ill and weak, his skin held colour and he had already stated that he had an appetite. That could only means good things. If they were able to get out of that situation, of course.

Her hope rose when someone exclaimed that they couldn't find them, and for a moment she was actually thinking that they could get out of this. Until the sounds of their movement grew more hurried and anxious and Scarlett closed her eyes. It was a good thought to try and hide in the bathroom, but it was obvious they were going to be found at some point. Those who didn't look through every single door and under every blanket, did not deserve to be out searching for potentially dangerous victims. All hiding in the bathroom had done was to buy them some more time. Scarlett's brow furrowed as she thought on that and her eyes lit up at her new discovery. More time. They still had time.

Scarlett lowered her hand from her mouth and leaned up to whisper to Jacob. "Let's get out of here. Now. Before they decide to look in here. We get to another country and it will take them a couple of days at least for them to find us. It's our best chance." She glanced down at their hands and instantly could tell that Jacob agreed to her plan. Just as one of the woman mentioned the bathroom, Jacob squeezed her hand as tight as he dared. As the sounds of movement began towards their hiding place, Scarlett prepared herself for Jacob's next teleport. The door handle began to turn slowly and Jacob and Scarlett teleported to wherever he decided. Hopefully, it would be far enough from their pursuers.

Jacob watched as the door hand slowly turned, Now they would have to go and he couldnt teleport them back to New York because it sounded like whoever was searching for them have multiple people scouring New York for them, He knew that when he teleported the machine that the girl was holding would probably pick up his "energy" and she would know that they were just in the bathroom, The door knob continued to turn and Jacob frantically thought of where to go.

They appeared in an extremely crowded street, New Delhi, India. Jacob stumbled a little bit from the vast distance he had just teleported but he felt strange, He wasnt really tired but he though he had seen something while he teleporting. "I think they have a teleporter" Jacob almost yelled to Scarlett over the extremely crowded noises of the street "I think that their teleporter tried to jump in my.. i dont know to call it.. tried to jump in while i teleported" He said again, it was hard to explain unless you could teleport. He looked around, New Delhi had probably 5 times the amount of people on the street then New York did. "We should go to the airport, so we can exchange our money" He said to Scarlett as he realised they still had American dollars not Indian Rupees. "If they really do have a teleporter with them, They'll be able to follow us basically anywhere, See.. When a teleporter like myself teleports we leave a sort of invisible rip or scar if you will, behind, Meaning that if another teleporter goes to that spot within around i dont know, 5 minutes, they can jump through it and end up in the exact same spot" Jacob said to Scarlett as they squeezed their way through the busy street towards the Airport.

Jacob could smell food as they pushed through the crowd and he quickly spotted an Indian fast food place, He saw the man behind the counter put a box of what he assumed was some sort of indian curry sort of thing onto the counter and then turn to do something else. One second Jacob was at the counter he snatched the food up and then he was back next to Scarlett and no one even noticed except for Scarlett of course. "I know, I know.. Stealing is wrong" He said as he opened the small box to reveal curry and rice.

((Is that idea from Jumper?))

New Delhi appeared as though the entire population of the world was struggling to squeeze into one tiny street. Scarlett gasped as they landed amongst the people in the middle of the street, her senses temporarily overwhelmed by their surroundings. Rich spicy food, thick incense, bright colourful clothing and an underlying scent of sweat, dirt and blood. Their arrival went unnoticed, which was fortunate, but she even doubted that if she had blue skin, crimson red eyes and spikes protruding from her skin, that anyone would spare her much more than a single glance. With over one billion people living in India alone, it was a brilliant place to go to if someone wanted to hide. Which was exactly what they wanted to do.

As Jacob explained to her about jumping teleporters and rips in space, Scarlett's heart began to drop again. Would they ever be free? Probably not. Not even on the other side of the world, as they tried to survive against an unknown terror. She understood basically what he was saying. Teleporting required one person getting from one place to the other in mere moments. The science fiction theory of black holes and their abilities to drag people places in seconds, was quite reminiscent of what Jacob was trying to supply. He had never revealed such a fact to her before, but now she was glad he did. There was less chance that they could be jumped upon if she knew one sure place through which they could be coming.

Scarlett followed Jacob closely from behind, not wanting to let a single person get between them. If that happened then she was certain that she'd get lost and would never find her way back to him again. She would also be snatched up by those people in just under a day. There had to be something Scarlett could do to improve her power. For a moment, Jacob disappeared in front of her and she felt the heat of the sun searing down on her face and the threat of the people going to fill up the small gap when he came back in the next second with a box of curry in his hands. She rolled her eyes at his weak apology and picked a grain of rice up from the lid of the box before popping it in her mouth with a smile.

"You know exactly what we have to do to survive. Now, unless you're going to get me something to eat too, I'm going to have to share with you." Scarlett told him. "We should definitely change up that money you have at the airport, find somewhere to stay and then get some money straight away. We can't hold it back any longer. Plus, money rules the world. The more we have of it, the more safe we'll be. The better protection we can gain from our attackers. Of course, that's not all we're going to need but it'll definitely be a start."

((Haha, yes, i did get the idea from Jumper, its a good movie and book!))

Jacob could smell the tasty curry but of course he should get Scarlett something aswell and before he could do anything else she almost demanded he either share with her or get her something, he didnt mind getting her something but he would never share food, anything else but not food. He sighed "Ok, here, you have this" He said to Scarlett handing her the box of curry.

He dissapeared and a few seconds later reappeared back next to Scarlett with another box of some sort of food, he didnt know what it was but it smelled good. "Money wont be a problem, I mean, i could teleport inside a bank vault if i knew what it looked like, and they dont put camera's inside of bank vaults" He replied to scarlett as he opened his box of rice and what he assumed was also curry. "Im thinking since we're sort of missing the President probably has FBI, CIA and definately the MRA (Mutant Regulatory Agency) looking for us, and they are an International Organisation"

They quickly reached the airport which was quite close by Thousands upon thousands of people were walking around trying to find their flights or trying to get out of the airport, He quickly spotted a sort of booth that had a sign that said "Currency Exchange" He walked up to the booth where an indian man was sitting behind. "Hi, an i exchange this, He handed the man a 20 dollar note and a 10 dollar note" The man took it without saying anything and gave him back the Rupees, A little bit over 1800. 1800 seemed alot in American dollars but in rupess it was only $30. "Thanks" he said the to man. "Hey its Jacob and Scarlett" Someone yelled and it seemed like instantly they were mobbed by a thousand people. Wow, people knew who they were even in India.

((I've only seen the movie. :P ))

Scarlett rolled her eyes at Jacob's second disappearing act so that he could grab his own food. She didn't mind too much. Not only would there be more food for the both of them, but technically she had already started on her curry and rice. Chopsticks were a pain to work with, so Scarlett was fine with waiting until she could actually grab a fork. She wasn't as hungry as Jacob. Of course, she hadn't eaten breakfast yet either, but serious injuries eat through vital supplies like nothing else. That included food. She closed the lid on her box a they approached the currency exchange booth, smiling politely to the side as she allowed Jacob to do all the talking. It had struck her somewhat last night that not only was she going to be spending a hell of a lot more time with Jacob, but she had also come to rely on him. She needed to trust him. He was her key to fame, which wasn't exactly what she wanted, but he was also the reason behind why she was currently alive. He seemed to have all of the plans, the best idea of what was happening to them and Scarlett was content in simply following him. She would rather be back at the academy, learning how to develop her power, but there was nothing that they could rely do with that at the moment. They deal with it all as it came. That included when an airport overflowing with people suddenly seemed to recognize you all at one time.

Scarlett had never expected in her wildest, most ambitious dreams that she would become famous in India, the home of Bollywood. Nor that someone would actually recognize her on the street and then she would be mobbed by a huge group of people. Unfortunately, at that very moment, that was what was exactly happening to her and Jacob. Previously she had been skeptical about changing her hair style and possibly dress, but now she was certain. It had to be done. If they were to try and live on the run, they couldn't be swarmed by people every single time they went out into public. Especially on an occasion as such, with as many people surrounding them as there were. By the end of the day, their pictures would be up all over the Internet and rumours would be circulating about their possible locations. She had never dreamed that she would hate being a celebrity so much.

Out of habit, Scarlett grabbed Jacob's hand so that they might be able to teleport out of their current situation. However, as she thought more about it, she realized that could actually only cause a worse outcome for them. The people would actually have proof that they were them. That they were the mutants on the run. If they simply escaped in a normal, human method, then at least a few people would have doubts. With all of the fuss surrounding them, all of the people trying to see them, some people would already have doubts about Jacob and Scarlett actually being there. Their best solution to this problem, at least the greatest one that came to mind currently, was to act as normal as possible. Scarlett pulled up her hood to cover her face with one hand, grasped Jacob's hand tighter in her other and pretended to shake her head at the accusations. After a moment, Scarlett spied a weakness in surrounding mob and charged straight for it. The people parted easily as she barged through them, leading Jacob after her. "Run?"

The white haired girl went out of the bathroom, she found nothing and was ready to head back to the group. She did like the power and she thought helping these people was a waste of her time. She had better things to do. She saw Hope fixing the tracking device. The white haired girl started to walk away until Hope stopped her.

"I have a big signal but it's far, they're in India"

" Hope, I'm leaving. I am done with trying to help Jacob and Scarlett"

" Ok bye"

The white haired girl started to walk away, one of the guys from the group teleported near Hope, he had a tracking device as well.

" Hey Hope, they are in India and I can't teleport there right now. We are going to have to wait two or more hours before we can teleport. The plan is the following, we use my powers to make you look completely different and you will have to gain Jacob's and Scarlett's trust then you will bring them and you know the rest"

Hope thought about it for a while, she could still help them and with Jared's plan it would be easier.

" Sure Jared, can we start now?"

Jacob caught what the crowd was saying

"How did you survive the myserious Mutant?"

"Could i have an autograph?"

Then it struck him, it didnt seem like they or anyone for that matter knew that the school had been attacked a second time. He quickly whispered to Scarlett "Act normal, it doesnt seem like they know that we're missing, the government probably covered it up" Jacob was a little amazed that no one knew there had bad a larger second attack.

"Did you get that from the attacker?"

He heard someone yell in a very thick indian accent while pointing at the gash on his head. Jacob could see cameramen and Papparazzi rushing towards the crowd from the Airport entrance. "We have to go, The whole world is going to know we are in India by the end of today" He whispered to Scarlett as they slowly pushed their way through the crowd. He started wonder how the government and the Academy would react to this, afterall they werent even completely sure if The Academy and the Government was even looking for them, they just assumed they were, But what they did know for sure was that someone was, They only narrowly avoided getting spotted by the girl from the Academy who seemed to be tracking them and probably knew they were in India or atleast she would soon.

The crowd never seemed to end, so Jacob had to make a judgement call, He knew that everyone already knew it was them and there was no point pretending not to be, they looked to much like.. well.. them. Jacob felt Scarlett squeeze his hand for a second time "Where do we go?" He whispered to her as he got a photo of himself shoved in his face, wow that was a dreadful picture of himself, He decided he may aswell sign it and he hastily scrawled his signature on the photo of himself, As soon as Jacob had done this the crowd erupted, afterall this was the first autograph he had ever signed and it would probably be very valuable unless he signed more, Jacob wasnt thinking of this, he just wanted to get out of the spotlight, he was ready to teleport but do they stay in India? Go back to America? Or what?

"Out of the airport first." Scarlett instructed, gaze flicking over to watch the paparazzi closing in on them. Once again, they needed to get out of the public eye. Find somewhere quiet, a sink and some scissors. She could change her hair, probably help Jacob with his. It would give them a protection of a sort. She could hopefully get some sleep, they could get some money, and then work out a proper plan. Thinking up things on the run all the time would surely lead them to their deaths. Instincts were good. They helped get you out of tough situations in a snap. But it didn't work for long term problems. She groaned, worrying on her bottom lip as she tried to figure out something that they could do. Why was this so hard?

She was rather surprised that the public didn't know about their latest adventure. The destruction of the school, the deaths of countless mutant children, and the second appearance of the dangerous, mysterious mutant. If this was covered up, then what else did the government hide from them? Yet, what were people actually thinking. A school devoured by fire, dead bodies of young children and teenagers, and the many families that must be grieving. Had the school simply made it all go away, brain washed those who had witnessed the events happening? It made her slightly angry that the people didn't know about the possible threat that could soon be presenting itself to them. How had all of this even been allowed to happen?

"Where are you going? Are you running?"

"Why are you injured?"

"Show us your powers!"

"I WANT AN AUTOGRAPH TOO!"

Scarlett turned to see a teenage girl screaming and crying as she clutched the signed picture close to her chest, making sure that no one and nothing could take it away from her. Jacob didn't seem to have noticed what he had done, but now the entire crowd was begging for one too. Well, begging was an understatement. It was more similar to swarming and crushing towards them. If that girl didn't decide to keep the picture, she would most definitely try and sell it on eBay. With the amount of interest that was currently surrounding them, Scarlett was loathe to believe that such an item could possibly sell for thousands of dollars. She had seen a dress made of coloured rubber bands sold on the website for 30,000 dollars. Some people had too much money to spare. For a one of a kind autograph from currently the most famous person on Earth... it would be gone quick.

"Let's hit the backstreets." Scarlett whispered to Jacob as they pushed their way past. "Try and lose them there. Once we get away, we teleport somewhere different. Maybe still in England or another country, but it's all depending on how you're feeling. I don't want you to push yourself too much. Especially if we're attacked again."

Jacob could see a the crowd in front of them start to fin, They were finally going to escape the crowd. "They are here, run" He heard the female's voice extremely clear as if it was in his head, maybe it was in his head. "Look to your left" The voice said again, it was definately in his head, maybe another Mutant. He looked to his left over the crowd, there were 4 men, rather offical looking but a strange sort of offical look, these people were definitely not from the Government. He watched the men for a moment and suddenly one of them snapped his head in Jacob's direction staring at him, The men quickly started walking towards them. "It's FOH, run!" The female voice said again.

Jacob roughly broke out of the crowd, accidently knocking a photographer onto the ground "We have to go" He said to scarlett as he broke into a run pulling Scarlett behind him. He looked behind him, the men had now broken into a run and were sprinting straight towards them. Jacob and Scarlett sprinted across the lobby and into a side door that said "Staff Only". They quickly sprinted down the long white hallway, About a quarter of the way down Jacob heard the door fly open hitting the wall and surely enough the four men burst out into the hallway

"Dont shoot! we need him alive!" He heard one of them yell, and then it dawned on him, they werent after the two of them, they were after him. Of course he knew they were after him but he had just assumed it wat the both of them.

Suddenly they appeared narrowly missing a car as it sped past them on a busy street in Central London. "Ok s-" Jacob started to say before he was sucked into thin air leaving Scarlett by herself in London. He had not done this but he assumed it was FOH.

Scarlett felt great relief when the crowd around them began to disappear. They seemed to all be swarming that young girl who got the autograph. She felt bad for her, but not so bad that she would go back and swap. She just wanted to get out of there with Jacob. Get away and get free. Of course though, that couldn't happen when Jacob's voice changed drastically. Suddenly, their pace changed from simply walking to full out sprinting. And they had company too. They ran down an empty white corridor and her fears were confirmed when the four men charged after them. Once Jacob teleported them to London, it turned out that wouldn't help them any either.

"Jacob!" Scarlett screamed, reaching out to grab the air where he had just been. However, there was nothing there but white space. Her friend was gone. Disappeared immediately in front of her. Her hands flew to her hair as she quickly turned in a circle to see if he had actually just accidentally teleported somewhere in the same area. No, he was no where. He was gone, and she was alone. Her breathing quickly became erratic and fast, heart thumping away in her chest, mind blank for any possible answers or solutions.

A car buzzed its horn as it passed her, almost colliding with her vulnerable body, and there was nothing she could do but get away from the middle of the street. Londerners were simply walking by on the street, having noticed nothing out of the ordinary. She was able to merge amongst them at the side of the street, intently staring at the middle of the road. He was going to come back soon. He had to come back.

As soon as Jacob got that weird expression on his face, Scarlett should have known that something weird was going on. That something wasn't quite right. Then he started running and almost instantly they had pursuers. They weren't just any normal fans either. Black business suits, telling each other not to shoot... they were being attacked again. Or more correct, Jacob was being attacked again. She was of no consequence, and she wasn't able to do anything to help him get free. What had happened? She didn't know. But something had happened.

Hope waited for three hours while Jared got her face ready for the plan, the idea was to make her look completely different. Jared made a good job after all, she was a different girl. Even looked younger.

" Are you sure this will work?"

Jared looked at Hope and smiled, of course it was going to work. The plan was perfect but Jared didn't know Hope's real plan. He was proud of his work. Really proud

" Are you kidding me? You look completely different, at least I used black hair dye and not the purple one"

"Yeah, that would suck"

The phone rang and Jared answered it, Hope looked around waiting for another guy from to come, they had called before telling them they were on their way. Jared started yelling and screaming bad words to whoever he was talking to. Jared threw the phone and started to get his things ready

" Those idiots decided to go to India and find Jacob now we need to search for him again, the plan is still on. We are going to India"

" I guess we are"

((might be a bit messy, im at school))

Jacob's vision became extremely destorted it felt like he was being pulled backwards at over 10,000 miles and hour. City lights flashed passed him as a big distorted blur and then everything went black, but he was still conscious and still moving very fast, suddenly he was falling but not straight down, he was still moving extremely fast. He suddenly hit smooth ground and slid along it for quite some time until almost as if someone had forced it, he came to a complete stop.

He stood up and steadied himself, He had no idea where he was, it was all black but not a dark black, he could still see reasonably well. Suddenly someone appeared out of thin air, theyw earing a large old coat, When Jacob saw he's face he almost fainted. "Me?" He said to the man who had just appeared. "You" the man said back to him. Jacob was staring at an older version of himself. "Are you.." Jacob started to say lost for words. "Yes, im you in 5 years" The older version of himself replied. Jacob had so many questions, where were they? had he done this?

"I know your wondering if i did this" The older Jacob said. "Well, yeah i am" Jacob said looking around. "They tried to pull you back to india and i stopped them from doing so while you were in the middle of being pulled back there" The older Jacob continued

"So.. what would of happened if you hadnt stopped them?" Jacob said knowing that he would know the answer.

"Well, what did happen was, Weapon X the Mutant who attacked us pulled me back, we battled, He gave me this" He pointed to his face, there was a large scar as if he had been sliced by a blade, the scar ran down across his left eye. "Then i ended up destroying half of New Dheli" He finished. "I..you.. we did that?" Jacob asked a bit astonished.

"Yes, but i came back in time to stop that but also to warn you, i cant stay here long, 2 weeks from now, i battled Weapon X which finally caused the goverment to snap, leading to a war between humans and mutants, dividing America, the western side is a Mutants only area, and the east side humans only, You can stop this, stop running with Scarlett, they dont want her, they want you, 3 days from now they strike again while your in London, they capture Scarlett to try and get to you and then they discover that her fire abilities are so powerful that they could devour an entire conutry, they kill her, Weapon X gets her power and we i battled him he destroyed England"

All of this was so much for Jacob to process, strangely he was already planning on splitting up from Scarlett but now he absolutely had to, or else the world would become an awful place full of death and despair. "But.. how can you.. we time travel?" He asked. Future Jacob looked at younger Jacob with an almost surprised look, "ah, i forgot we dont know yet"

"Know what?"

Future Jacob held out his hand and it suddenly caught alight a huge flame resting on the palm of his hand.

"Somehow, I gained countless powers when i was attacked by Weapon X in the staff room at The Mutant Academy"

"So you mean.. We.."

"Yes, we have almost every single power any mutant has ever had.. but its not that simple, I still havent learnt to use them all yet.." Future Jacob's face suddenly displayed a look of deep concentraion "I have to go.. Take Scarlett back to the Academy.. Go to Africa, stay there"

Jacob's future self suddenly dissapeared and the black around the present day Jacob started to fade into the busy city of London, Jacob watched the road come up to meet his feet, he hard the loud honking of a car, he quickly jumped off the road and looked around for Scarlett.

Hope and Jared arrived to India a few moments later, they appeared in the airport and called the others from the group. They had to wait for five minutes until someone broke the silence. Jared was looking at her arm, most likely at her long scar that had the shape of the group's official drawing,

" You kept the scar"

Hope looked at Jared's arm and saw his scar, it was just like her but it was not that big.

" Yeah, I didn't have any choice, at least you can take but not everyone is that lucky"

" Is it because of the.. Well you know. Thing"

" Yup, I usually hide it but I forgot when we started to look for Jacob and Scarlett"

" Who else knows about your thing?"

" You, Jane, Nathan, Mike, X and my brother"

" What happened to your brother anyway?"

" I dunno, I haven't seen him since we left the group, he was ashamed of... Well, our secret so he went to London to try to live a normal life"

"Wow, Richard living a normal life? That is crazy"

" Yeah I know, he was the one with the idea of connecting our powers in the first place"

Jared was about to say something else until the four men from the group came running towards Jared and Hope. They looked tired and they Had the device in their hands.

" Jared we lost the signal, Hope is going to have to use her powers and who the hell is she?"

" I'm Hope idiot, you screwed up the plan. I guess I will have to do it, Jared teleport me to London"

Hope took out her cell phone and dialed a number she had not thought about in a long time.

" Heeeey Richard are you still in London?"

" Hope? Is that really you?"

" Yes, just answer the question"

" Yes I'm still in London"

" Good because I'm coming, where are you?"

" I'm at a friend's house but why are you coming?"

" No time to explain I'll see you there"

Last edited by a moderator:
(Is there a way I could join anybody? I mean... I got kicked out of my house for a few weeks so I'm wayyyyyy behind. Like, first class behind. So......)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

For a time, all that surrounded Scarlett was simply the busy, normal life of central London with hundreds of pedestrians passing behind her, traveling through their meaningless days with pointless chatter. There were absolutely more important issues than just wondering about the latest fashion trends and the relationships that existed between them all. At the current moment, there happened to be a missing rare mutant, a dangerous organization hunting him and she was all alone in the world, hopping across the continents.

She raised her hand up slightly and flexed her fingers, imagining the crimson flames twirling across her skin to travel up her arms and then envelop her entire body. She would be a beacon in the confusion that was surrounding her, a clarity that she so desperately wanted to reach. Why did things always go bad?

A loud blaring of a car horn brought her attention back to reality, and Scarlett looked up just in time to see a person sprinting out from the middle of the road. A very familiar figure. Scarlett dashed over to the side of the road, paused for a moment to make sure that it was Jacob, and then launched at him in a hug. "I didn't know where you went! I thought that the people chasing us had used that jumping into your teleport thing. I couldn't do anything to help you. I'm so sorry. Are you okay? What happened to you?"

Jacob head was still spinning, infact it had never stopped spinning since that night that he though this, Weapon X. He gently pushed Scarlett off of him, He didnt want to send Scarlett take Scarlett back to the Academy, he would like the company but it was dangerous and he should probably trust well... himself. The future version of himself seemed to know much much more then him and was quite serious, even scaring himself a little, he thought it was funny that he could scare himself and if it wasnt for himself he would of killed tens of millions of people in New Delhi, thank god for himself!

Jacob's thoughts quickly snapped back to reality, he decided to ignore Scarlett's questions and just get straight to the point. "Im taking you back to the Academy" Jacob started saying, unbeknown to him, the look on his face was extremely serious. "Your in danger if your with me.. Theyre.. theyre not after you.. If your at the Acedmy you'll be safe" And you'll live, Weapon X will never gain your power and all of England wont be destroyed followed by a massive war Jacob thought to himself. He want to tell her everything but he thought better of it, He was going to do everything the he had told himself to do, take Scarlett back to the Academy and then go to Africa, but why Africa? and where in Africa?

"He held out his hand for her to take" After this he would truly be on his own, would Weapon X still find him? and he still had no idea what FOH stood for, not even his future self seemed to know what it stood for and this thing with him having the ability of every mutant power was absolutely crazy, but he had seen his future self set his hand on fire, just like Scarlett.

Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, shame on you.

Scarlett was disappointed. It had been her own fault the first time, believing that he would actually include her in his search of the teacher’s staff room, and that she had actually just been shouting out to an empty room. She had put her faith in him, and he had wrecked it. She had just been too trusting, that was all. She should have looked at the logic of the situation, not in the reliability of the human conscience. It had hurt her, to be proven wrong about someone. It wasn’t as bad to be left out of something important, but that hadn’t been the true reason behind why she was so upset. As the ancient proverb would soon prove however, was who to blame when she was fooled twice.

Jacob informed her that he would be taking her back to Mutant Academy, and she was ashamed of him. Ever since there had been the two attacks on the school, they had been in this together. She was one of the only people who knew some of the truth of what was happening, and she had been by Jacob’s side the entire time. Maybe, in the end, she wasn’t actually that important to anyone, but she had been helpful. She had helped Jacob to escape from the secret organization that was trying to kidnap him, watched over him during the night when he was injured, and stayed by his side the entire time. She might not be the best protector or fighter at the moment, but she was still valuable. This time, it wasn’t her fault for trusting him again. It was his fault for tricking her again, earning her trust and then breaking it. If Jacob really didn’t want her to a part of this with him, for him to go on this deadly mission all by himself, then she would let him. She wouldn’t be fooled three times.

“You know what, Jacob? Okay. I'll leave you alone. You go off and try to fight this war all by yourself. If you think you can live, then go. You haven't wanted my assistance since the very beginning. I've tried to help you, and be a good friend. You should have just told me straight out. I wouldn't have to find my own way back to America. If you don't want my help, I won't accept yours. Go teleport somewhere else. I'll stay in London. But what do you really care anyway? It doesn't matter what happens to me, so long as I'm out of your life. After all, no one's after me. I don't matter."

Suddenly Scarlett exploded at him, obviously he had upset her quite alot it seemed. She seemed to believe he didnt want her around, in fact he did want her around, he had enjoyed her company alot but he would gladly give that up in exchange for her living instead of being capture and probably tortured by this FOH. When she stated that she was going to stay in London, Jacob knew he couldnt let her do that, His future self and specifically given him insturctions to take her back to the Academy, so thats exactly what he would do if he himself had told him so. Jacob quickly grabbed Scarlett's hand as she turned to storm off.

They suddenly appeared a few feet from the gate of the familiar Mutant Academy, Luckily on the inside of the gates. There were no camera crews in sight, they were probably all on a plane to India right now, Jacob thought to himself. "Im sorry, i wanted you with me, but.. i had a glimpse into the future.. its not.. good" This was all Jacob was willing to say, he quickly pictured Africa in his head, Johannesburg, South Africa specifically but then he made a split second decision, to kiss Scarlett and then he was gone.

He arrived on the side walk of a busy street in South Africa, it seemed to be some time around 7 or 8pm. He walked down the sidewalk, wondering what he would do now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back