• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Mutant Academy

Jacob began to see exactly what Scarlett was talking about before, They had sort of become Puppets. She went on to talk about how he was the star and Scarlett was he's sidekick, then finally she said "Lets go somewhere less.. Offical" She said as she looked up and down at Mmr Lencher half dissaprovingly. She stood up from the table and swiftly walked out of the room. Mr Lencher nodded for them to follow her.

Jacob stood up and followed behind the Publicist that he still didnt know the name of. "Sorry i dragged you into this.." He murmured to Scarlett as they walked down the hallway. "I know your probably going to ask me what we do now.. i think we should do exactly what this Publicist tells us too until things get out of hand and more.. hostile. Right now we could be the only thing stopping the Media from causing a complete war between Mutants and Humans" He continued.

The Publicist stopped in her tracks and quickly turned to them, "Ok, we've let the press in, Just smile and wave" She said, her eyes shot quickly to Jacob's hand. She quickly moved towards him, grabbed his hand and placed it in Scarlett's. "The Media loves a good love story" She said winking and then proceeded down the hall towards a large wooden door. Jacob could hear that there was a huge crowd of New Crews on the other side of the door.

People become famous for starring in Movies or releasing a Number 1 single or even starring on a crappy reality TV show, But Jacob never thought he would become famous for simply just trying not be kidnapped atleast not the sort of famous that would appear on a show like Ellen and have the entire world basically at his doorstep. Jacob's hand started to shake, he hoped Scarlett didnt notice as they were still holding hands. The Publicist reached the door "Ready?" She asked them and before they even had time to process what she had said she flung the large wooden door open.

Scarlett felt her heart flutter in her chest at the soft chatter that could be heard from outside the thick doors, but when their publicist threw them open and revealed the enormous crowd of news crews waiting impatiently outside, it stopped altogether. She could feel Jacob's hand shaking around hers but she didn't feel pity or revulsion at the fact that he was doing so, she felt exactly the same way. Except that her nervous habit wasn't shaking. Thank god it wasn't needing to go to the toilet. No, she stopped breathing and went as red as her hair. The shouting began and Scarlett knew that from the simple fact that she was holding the star's hand had instantly increased her own fame ten fold. Along with the fact that not only wet there no longer only 50 reporters with their cameras, but that number seemed to have tripled. It was like a sea of people out there, and their entire attention was focused on the two of them.

"It's not your fault." Scarlett whispered to Jacob as their publicist hastily beckoned them further forward. "Neither of us could have possibly expected such an outcome. Neither of us could have ever wanted such a reaction to occur. I hope you just don't mind the media thinking that we're dating now."

As they reached a few meters in front of the first wave of news crews, their publicist pointedly smiled at them and then subtly pinched her shoulder. She almost gasped but instead forced it to turn it into a smile. Which hopefully wouldn't appear forced or pained. Like it felt. She managed to catch a few of the countless questions directed towards her, but was heavily glad that most of them were directed at the hero.

"Scarlett, Scarlett! What's your power?"

"Scarlett, over here! Who was the mystery man that you were fighting?"

"How did you feel about fighting that mutant man?"

"Were you hurt as well?"

"How long have you and Jacob been dating? Are you dating?"

"We're just friends." Scarlett replied to the last one and received a hard pinch. "Good friends." Another pinch. She gripped Jacob's hand against the pain. "Best friends actually." Another pinch. "Well, he's always been really important to me." For the past two hours, Scarlett thought to herself and then received a half pinch. She turned her gaze to look at Jacob for some kind of help but there was a bit of an 'aww' and no pinch. She guessed that she had pulled the right facial expression, unwittingly. Eager to get off such a topic, she turned to the next topic.

"Pyromancy. Developing, but I'm also immune to all kinds of fire."

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope thought about what Ms. Dark said, she could risk using her powers and be the bait or just hide and play it safe, for her. She knew that someone was going to get attacked anyway. If she used her powers, the things would go after her. She knew the only right thing to do was to expose herself and her powers and try to not get taken away. Hope could see the castle now, she had to make a choice and fast.

Hope could see the windows locked, Ms. Dark was trying to keep everyone safe but she couldn't use her powers, after all, she had fire and that power wasn't very needed in the subject of blocking windows. Hope could see Ms. Dark still securing the windows. Hope ran to help her, she had made her choice. She raised her hand and a force field was covering the entire window. Hope fell great after using her powers, she had forgotten how great it felt and how much she loved it. She looked at Ms. Dark again, " I think I made my choice" Hope could hear the force field getting bigger until it covered all windows.

Jacob's vision was temporarily blinded by the vast amount of flashes from Camera's. It only took a few seconds for he's eyes to adjust and for his vision to return, the Publicist lead them through the crowd, slowly of course. Of course the higher up more popular TV shows and News crews were at the front and Jacob could even see a bunch of what looked like regular people holding there phones up to try snap pictures of them. There was an absolute sea of News crews and people trying to get any bit of footage or snaps of them they could. Jacob noticed that CNN, Nbc and other high priority station were at the front and even Ellen had sent someone over from L.A to try and talk to them.

Jacob was absolutely flooded with questions.

"Jacob! Over here Jacob!" Jacob turned and smiled to wherever he though the voice came from. There was a barrage of flashes.

"How did you defeat the Mystery Villain Jacob?!?" Jacob started to reply "Uh well i" The Publicist quickly cut him off "Dont answer that" she whispered in his ear.

"Are you and Scarlett dating?" Jacob started to replied "Uh... N-" He recieve a hard pinch "Um.. Sorta" He said to the man who was frantically snapping pictures of him while also trying to record him aswell. He supposed this was a good answer because afterall they were "Sort of" dating, well only for the Media.

"Whats your powers? is it true that you have two powers?" A man almost screamed over the top of the crowd, And suddenly the crowd's volume went down, only a little but it seemed like everyone wanted to know. It was like they were holding their breath for his answer.

" I do" Jacob replied and the crowd broke into an even large frenzie of questions and flashes.

"WHAT ARE YOUR POWERS?"

"HOW DO YOU FEEL TO BE THE FIRST MUTANT WITH TWO POWERS?"

"HOW OFTEN DO YOU USE THEM?"

"Uh.. i can teleport and walk through walls.." He started saying as the Publicist continued pushing them through the crowd. They were finally pushed through a door followed by the Publicist who closed it. Jacob realised they were now in the hallway that he had had the battle with the "Mysterious figure". Now, Jacob had thought that almost no damage had been done except for him flooding the hallway with sand, but truth be told, Jacob was so busy that night trying to get away that he almost took no notice how much of the place was getting destroyed. He looked down the hallway and saw tonnes of sand caked all over the walls and a sea of water that covered the ground up to around 7 inches high. Also there were huge cracks in the wall and holes and even a wall that had been completely torn down.

Ms. Dark smiled at Hope , she knew Hope was making the right choice, and a very mature one as well. At least she could relax from boarding up the entire school. She was worried about Hope as well, those things are very dangerous and they had been looking for her for the last 2 months, according to what Nathan said, the leader of the things that were hunting Jacob and Hope knew Hope for a long time and she really wanted her back into the group, something about her powers. She didnt want to think about that, she still had to tell the other students to be in their dorms with closed windows and doors at the normal curefew and try to not make much noice. Hopefully things would go as planned and no one would get harmed, she trusted Hope and she knew she had fought those things before. "

This is very mature of you Hope, I know everything will be fine. Though I still think we need to tell Jacob and his girlfriend about all of this, just in case those things attack him in the future or even tonight. I think he is in one of the halls, the one that is half-destroyed. You should tell him, you know more about those things than I do."

Ms. Dark started to walk with Hope to the hall, she was soon surprised by the flash of a camera and a camera man taking pictures of Jacob and Scarlett. Ms. Dark could wait until the intervew ended but she was afraid something could happen during that short period of time.

Once the doors were closed behind them and the small group were separated from the ocean of news reporters, Scarlett felt an immense wave of relief and freedom and she finally allowed her shoulders to slump. Her cheeks were hurting from forced smiles, her eyes were stinging from the bright flashes of cameras, and her back was beginning to ache from maintaining a ramrod straight posture. One glance at Jacob and she could see he was in much the same position. Their publicist however, was in a much better condition. Although Scarlett did assume that the woman had had infinitely more experience then they did. More will to be involved in such activities, especially since the woman had chosen the profession. She supposed it must require a specific talent. One that was quite evident she did not possess. How she and Jacob were going to survive for however long the hype lasted, she just did not know. If they did not find a way to deal with this, they she would fall into a pit of glitter, despair, and smiles. Her attention, however, was drawn from her pessimistic thoughts when the small group came across the hallway in which Jacob had suffered his awful fight.

"Oh my god... A handful of sand!?" Scarlett exclaimed, referencing a comment that Jacob had made earlier. The last time she had seen the hallway, it had been as normal and blank as anything a school could expect. Now though... It was as though the academy has tried to create it's very own, extremely poorly funded beach. There was sand, water and even pieces of wall debris for dangerous ocean objects if wanted. To think, that Jacob had managed to teleport to Hawaii, pick up a quarter of it's greatest scenery, and then back again was truly amazing. And terrifying. Scarlett glanced over at Jacob, truly beginning to think that maybe everyone had the right idea. That he was really a powerful mutant that the world had never seen before. However, knowing that he wouldn't appreciate being viewed as such, she didn't try to approach the subject.

"Our first public appearance was quite... Well, it was done." The publicist stated with her ever-present, slightly strained smile. She didn't even seem to notice the disaster they were just outside of. "Although, you two definitely have to work on your acting. I did not believe your love story for a moment, so imagine what it must be like for those news crews. I just hope they will try and catch onto it. A different topic now, we must be stingy about what we reveal to the press about what happened. Act like a politician. Say everything, reveal nothing."

"Uh.. maybe a little more then a handful... Alot more" He replied to Scarlett remembering what he had said earlier, he had no idea that he had done this, he had never teleported this much of something and what made it a little more hard to believe was that he didnt even know that he had brought back all this sand and water until now. He was so caught in his thoughts he only just caught the Publicist walking off down the hallway. What had she said? Something about she was going to talk to Ellen and Jay someone and then come see the two of them tomorrow.

Jacob ran his hand through his hair, yesterday he was nobody and today everyone seemed to know his name.

"Well.. we better get to class" Jacob said to Scarlett, This day had been absolutely exhausting and he had barely been awae for 2 hours.

Time Skip

After a huge day of avoiding questions and trying to "say everything, reveal nothing" Jacob walked slowly down the hallway towards his dorm room, followed by 5 rather offical looking government agents.

"You and that Scarlett must be really important, they pulled me off protecting the President to protect you" An African American man said to Jacob as they reached his room.

Jacob didnt reply, he didnt really know what to say. "Your not going to follow me in are you?" He said to the Agent who had just spoken to him.

"No, we'll protect you from out here" Jacob walked into his room and closed the door. "Dont... ask" Jacob said to one of his roommates as he opened his mouth, he then continued to collapse onto his bed, falling asleep within minutes.

Hope entered her room after an exhausting day of using her powers. She had decided to wait a bit more until she told Jacob what was going or what could happen to him. She had forgotten how great it felt to use her powers after two months of not using them at all. She spent the whole day training her powers for the possible battle, after all, she needed to make a signal big enough so the things follower her. She was a bit scared of course, those things have been her biggest fear for a long time now but she realized she couldn´t hide forever, if she wanted to face her fears she had to do it now. Two months ago, she couldn´t see herself doing this, risking her neck for someone she didn´t know she thought, "Why am I even doing this". For revenge? Maybe, she had a past with the leader of the group that was looking for mutants to make her group bigger. She had been a part of the group anyway, she was good friends with the leader until she realized what her friend did with the mutants who didn´t want to cooperate in her plans. She escaped as soon as she had an opportunity and the group looked for her since then. Hope was happy to think she didnt get so obsesed with the power like her friend. But that was a long time ago and there was no reason to keep living in the past.

Her little guard of protectors was one person shorter than Jacob's, as Scarlett reasoned the President had decided her friend needed more protection than she did. She could only agree. After all, the mystery attacker had only fought Jacob and probably knew that he was the sole person who had managed to read the file. It was also proving quite an embarrassment having her squad follow her everywhere, and proved that it wasn't making her feel any safer. There was a huge New Zealander man who seemed to be the leader, but as his accent was rather hard to understand (and annoying), she didn't want to place any trust in him. These people who were watching over her 24/7 were all strangers, with their separate motives and thoughts. The black suits and stereotypical sunglasses were like a barricade not only to everyone outside, but also to herself. She was alone, growing scared, and being alienated from everyone she had only just begun to know. Scarlett didn't know whether or not she was beginning to regret even agreeing to come to such a place. She wasn't sure about very much at the moment. Except, of course, when she finally arrived at her empty dorm room, closed the door behind her and felt a sense of freedom.

The school day had been hard. Everyone had either stared at her and her bodyguard in amazement, or tried to get something out of her to sell to the press. Class had simply been a time of hard studying and copying down notes so that she didn't have to be distracted. A guard was always present in every room with her, even the female one standing outside of her cubicle when she went to the toilet. News crews were still present outside the gates, snapping away or reporting. She was certain that the Internet would be full that night of stories about then. As a result, she didn't even bother checking her computer. It would be a blow when even the lies about her life hadn't begun to circle yet. If she could just run away and hide... Oh, what a stupid dream. It would never happen now. It was true what they said about fame. Freedom was taken away entirely.

Scarlett pulled her hair out of her hastily tied up bun, slipped off her jacked and simply climbed into bed. The covers were pulled up to nuzzle her chin and she burrowed her shoulder up under the pillow, getting comfortable. It had been a very long day and Scarlett could feel the pressure in her temple that promised the coming headache. It was not going to be pretty. Her eyelids were heavy and she yawned, although her mind was telling her she didn't want to go to sleep yet. Maybe, she could just stay up a little while and try to prolong the dawning of the next day. She get some 'me' time or something. She yawned again. Hopefully, Jacob would be doing better than she was. He seemed strong enough. After all, he had fought for his life and won. He could manage this battle. But Scarlett? Well, in the one awful event she had verb involved in... She preferred to fly rather than flight. Digging her hand out from under the covers, Scarlett set her fingertips alight in flames. It was beautiful, and as she had hoped, it managed to calm her nerves. If only just a little.

Jacob awoke, sitting bolt upright covered in swear which made his vision blurry. It was just a dream. He thought it was strange that he had just had a nightmare of the events of the night before. He looked at his alarm clock 2:37 am it read. He could hear a low murmur of voices outside of his door, he assumed it was his body guards. He strained his ears but he couldnt make out what they were saying, Curiosity got the better of him, he quickly appeared with his ear pressed to the door of his room, now he could make out what they were saying although it was slightly muffled.

" - Lencher thought extremely hard to keep the boy here" A voice said.

"I heard theyre going to move him soon" Another voice chimed in.

"No way, they cant now, apparently F.O.H has this place surrounded by dozens of their own.. people" Jacob pressed his ear even harder at the door. So the Government knew about this F.O.H?

"All i know is that the President has ordered over 100 personally to patrol the school tonight, he seems to think they will come for the boy tonight" The first voice said again.

Jacob didnt feel like or want to go back to sleep now that he knew that they thought that whoever F.O.H was were going to try and capture him again tonight. Jacob moved back towards hisbed and was about to climb back into when a bright light almost like fire caught his attention. It was coming from out of his window. He reached his window just in time to see some sort of large fireball hit the grass outside of his window. The fire instantly spread circling around what he assumed would be the entire school. Before he could do much more, his door was flung open and around 10 agents including the 5 who were standing outside of his door stormed in, grabbing him by the arm.

"We have to go NOW" The African American man almost yelled.

"There's only one Mutant i know of who could use fire like that.." Another Agent said.

"Not here! Not in front of the boy!"

Jacob was almost dragged out into the hallway, then he saw the figure. The very figure he had fought last night.

Fire lulled Scarlett to sleep. Fire woke her up again, and so did screams. Her dorms mates were the first to cause her heart to skip a beat, as one of them ran over and roughly shook her awake, crying about the fact that the school was being attacked. The second time her breath froze in her throat was when the door slammed open and her bodyguards burst into the room. Scarlett was wide-eyed, slightly disorientated and scared, but she retained the strength to break free of their reaching grasps to see out the window. What in earth was going on? Students were running through the hallways, words were jumbled but harried and loud, and her favorite element had created a ring of impenetrable defense around the perimeter of the school. They were definitely being attacked.

"Miss Scarlett, we need to get out of here!"

She slammed open the window without another word, stretched out her hand and extinguished the flames that were in her sight. There was a way for escape at least if the attackers didn't close it back up. Obviously they were being attacked. There was no other possible reason. And they were there to find Jacob. Her bodyguards reached out for her again but she immediately lit her entire hands on fire and turned to them. Not to hurt them, but so they couldn't get her.

"They're here for Jacob. I'm not about to let that happen." Scarlett told them fiercely, before she dashed out the door. She was intent on finding him before the mysterious mutant did, and if not... Well, she was going to help him.

The Mysterious Mutant who Jacob had battled the previous night raised it's hand sending 7 of the 10 agents either flying down the hall or crashing through either side of the wall. The other 3 unbeknown to Jacob, were also Mutants. One of the agents started blasting up an ice wall from his hands blocking the Mysterious Mutant from moving any closer. Jacob was almost pulled down the hall by the other two. Suddenly Scarlett who seemed to be partly on fire dashed out in front of them followed by multiple body guards.

There was a sort of shattering sound like glass being shattered, Jacob looked behind him to see that the huge ice wall had been blasted apart. The Mysterious Mutant appeared right behind Jacob. One of the agents simply touched the Mysterious Mutant and sent him flying back down the fall and crashing through a wall. Jacob and Scarlett were quickly ushered down the stairs towards the courtyard. Jacob could hear alot of explosions and even more screaming and yelling. They ran out onto the start of the courtyard only to be greeted by what seemed to be a massive mutant battle. Obviously F.O.H had alot of mutants at their command.

Suddenly a huge dragon of fire shot out from behind the castle and continued to swoop down at the Mutants who seemed to be on their side. Their agents quickly became busy with defending them from other mutants now Scarlett and Jacob were left standing at the edge of the courtyard by themselves watching the ensueing battle. Jacob noticed Mutants who could shoot spikes from various parts of their body, some had teleportation like himself aswell. Jacob spotted a Mutant shooting towards them who seemed to have metal wings, Jacob quickly grabbed Scarlett's arm and the Metal winged man shot straight through them, hitting the ground behind them hard, knocking him out instantly.

He quickly pull Scarlett back into the Castle at a run. He didnt know whether to leave or not, Then suddenly Mr Lencher came crashing through the floor above them and managed to land on his feet, followed by the Mysterious Mutant. "GO.. GO!" He yelled at them both just before he tackled the Mysterious Mutant through another wall. Jacob quickly grabbed Scarlett's hand, squeezed it tight and then.. they were gone.

As soon as Scarlett left her dorm room, all hell broke loose. A war had begun, almost reminiscent of the final Harry Potter battle, with the untrained students struggling to battle the ruthless mutants. The elements were cast across distances, soldiers disappeared in one spot and appeared in another and an extreme array of powers was being used in the most physical of displays. Scarlett was forced to duck and dodge countless crossfire attacks, and although she was more successful at it than her peers, she was not left without her own injuries.

No burns of course, but a rather deep cut from a passing thorn, a bruise that would surface after she slammed into a wall to avoid a muscularly bulky man, and other wounds that she did not have the current time to document. The halls were thick with fear and smoke, but her bodyguards, only three remaining and human, were close behind her, guiding her way. Whether they had seen some sense in following her on her hunt for Jacob or not was unclear, but they were there and that was all that mattered. Scarlett eventually found the rare mutant being half carried down a hallway as apparently the mystery man from the night before fought to get past a thick wall of ice.

Glancing down at herself, she realized her entire left arm and the right side of her clothing seemed to have caught on fire and with a shock, she instantly willed it out, passing her hand down in front of her body to finish in an outward curve that dissipated the destructive element. Her attention was drawn back to other events when the wall was shattered by the mysterious mutant, and he was sent flying, backward, at a single touch by one of Jacob's bodyguards. The pair of them didn't waste a minute and quickly sprinted away from the scene before they could be caught in an unpleasant situation once again. Breaking out onto the courtyard, they were able to see that inside had been as quiet as a library in comparison.

Scarlett and Jacob were abandoned soon enough as the people sworn to protect them became preoccupied doing so, except they ended up leaving them alone. It was hectic and murderous as an entire cavalry of dangerous mutants advanced upon the school, searching for the one person who had garnered so much unwanted fame and attention solely overnight. Never had she felt more useless as she simply stood there, hoping that Jacob would protect her from everything because currently she had little offensive or defensive skill to her. The winged man charged at them and missed them because of Jacob's touch, and had she been less threatened at the time, she might have cried in anger. Her fury was slightly sated when a horned mutant with apple green skin swung his tail at them and, setting her hand alight, she caught it and sent the man scampering away in ugly pain.

With a pull, Scarlett was suddenly on the move again as Jacob led her back to the castle to try and find some other form of safety. It would prove, however, that during that nighttime, Mutant Academy was not safe for anyone anywhere. Mr. Lencher's sudden appearance, along with that of the mysterious mutant led Jacob into an action that she was incredibly grateful for. He grabbed her hand, so tight that it hurt, and they were both immediately transported to a destination of her friend's choosing. She had absolutely no way of choosing, but at the moment, anything was better than on those school grounds.

Sounds of thousands of cars and people flooded Jacob's ears as they appeared in Times Square, New York City. Although it had just reached 3am the city was as busy, if not even busier then it was during the day with masses of people walking around going about their own business around them. It truly was the city that never sleeps. Jacob's mind continued to race with thoughts of the warzone they had just been in, he was quite surprised that this F.O.H had decided to attack again, Merely a day after the Mysterious multi powered Mutant had attempted to kidnap him. Although Jacob was extremely confused he was certain about one thing, They couldnt go back to Mutant Academy and it seemed like no one, not even the United States Government could keep himself and Scarlett safe, they were now truly on their own.

He knew they were now basically on the run from this F.O.H, Jacob had no idea what to do? Are they supposed to be looking for something? A way to destroy F.O.H, whatever it was? He had decided to teleport to New York City because firstly it was the first thing that came to his mind and secondly even though F.O.H had the nerve to attack the School he highly doubted they would launch an assault like that in the middle of NYC, he hoped that they didnt know where they were. Jacob sat down on a bench close by. What was their next move?

Public. It was a good decision, and what was more populated at all hours of the day, than Times Square, New York. Even at 3am, the area was so congested with people, shops and cars that it almost made it hard to breathe. However, it was eternally preferable to the war that was currently raging only a few miles away. Temporary, she hoped, yet preferable. After all, they were still a little too close for comfort. It would only be a matter of time until their attackers realized that their intended victims had actually escaped the premises, and the search would begin. Manhattan was like searching for a needle in a haystack but with the resources their mystery organization seemed to supporting, it would only be a matter of time. They needed to escape.

Mutant Academy was no longer a safe haven for them, not a sanctuary or hiding place. Twice they had been attacked on the grounds themselves, and the massive scale of increased force between tries was both awe-inspiring and terrifying. Even with the Secret Service protecting them, they had almost been killed multiple times. Her heart was still pumping adrenaline through her system but she tried to force her brain to think rationally. Getting too optimistic or pessimistic could only get them killed now. They needed to think logically and Scarlett had already assumed that she was the best one to do so. She had been on the run and on her own for the past couple years of her life. She knew how to think, but she had never done it with a companion before. Especially not one who was proving to mean so much to everyone. Scarlett glanced warily around at their surroundings, figured they were pretty safe for a few moments, and then moved over to sit next to Jacob on the bench.

"Thanks for getting us out of there. I don't know what would have happened if we stayed. I probably would have died." Scarlett told him, already pulling her hood up to cover and disguise her easily recognizable, natural red hair. There was the possibility of dying it when they reached somewhere more secure, but she would leave that for a last resort option. She did like how special her hair was. "The streets should be safe for the meantime but we both know that tonight, we need to get somewhere different. Either out of the country entirely, or in a hotel. Money is a problem we can worry about tomorrow because I gather with both our powers, that shouldn't be too difficult. If they decided they would come after you a second time, they sure as hell will do so again. We'll currently both be on their radars... And I think you understand that we can't go back there for the moment. It's way too dangerous. Speaking of that, are you hurt any? Injuries, wounds, a nauseous headache?"

Jacob was absolutely exhausted and even with the noise of the city he found it quite hard to keep his eyes open and unbeknown to him he had actually suffered a few injuries during the battle, he had quite a bloody elbow, a gash on the left of his forehead (That Scarlett cant quite see due to the angle) and various cuts and scratches on his back. "No problem, but.. there is no way i cant teleport even myself anywhere tonight, im to exhausted" Jacob said to Scarlett. When Scarlett mentioned getting money he knew that they wouldnt have to much trouble with that, as it was Jacob had had some experience with using his abilities for personal gain, such as stealing money, He didnt like to do it but he he knew he would probably have to sooner or later. "Yeah, ive had some experience with that" He chimed in as she continued to talk.

It felt like Jacob's entire body was aching, he could feel a moderate stinging sensation over most of his back. "Nothing serious" He replied as Scarlett asked him if he had been hurt. Nothing serious was a big understatement, Jacob looked like he had just had a fight with 20 people and he had an insane headache probably from the large gash on his forehead. "Well, i have money to last us the night" He said as he pulled his wallet out of his pocket, Jacob had a habit of often leaving his phone and wallet in his pockets when he went to sleep, never on purpose of course but it seemed to come in handy now. "We should definitely get off the streets though and tomorrow ill get us somewhere else" He said standing up and looking around for any sort of hotel.

The city was huge and the money he had would get them a night or two at most most in a middle to lower class hotel, tomorrow he could use his powers to get more money for them but right now he doubted he could even teleport 2 feet. Even though he looked quite battle worn, no one seemed to notice or even care, making Jacob feel that they were even more alone.

Hope ran out of her room as soon as she heard the screams of the scared students in the hallway. As soon as she got out a giant fire was destroying the entire school, the students were running around trying to escape. Some were taken away by the attackers. Hope was soon being followed by some of the attackers that recognized her, she was in the floor before she realized. The spikes where in her ankle and she couldn't move at all. The attackers sorounded her while she tried to make the go away by attacking them with her powers. As she started to get up again she felt a metal object hit her in the back of her head and everything went dark.

Hope woke up in a place she was familiar with, it was completely white and she could see the leader of the group sitting in a chair not too far from her, the leader stood up and walked towards Hope, Hope looked for a chance to escape but she was too weak at the moment and the guards were everywhere, there was no choice, she was in the group again and there was no way to escape. After she left the base, a guard teleported her back to NY where she had to complete her task, find Jacob and bring him to the group. She took out the device to track Jacobs powers and started walking, the signal was weak and the city was huge. At least she was alone.

Scarlett's eyes widened when she was finally granted the proper opportunity to gaze upon Jacob's weary face. Not only was the left side of his face turning slick with his blood, it appeared as though he were mimicking a battled, exhausted soldier who has a reached a moment a respite. Even though head wounds were known to be bleeders, in comparison, her arm wound didn't seem to be more than a scratch. Worried that he might collapse or faint, Scarlett slipped an arm around his back to support him. They wouldn't do that much walking either, it would seem. There would most certainly be hotels surrounding Times Square but due to the proximity to such a famous landmark, they would be expensive no matter the condition. She assumed taking the metro wouldn't be too good an idea, too open and unpredictable. Easing Jacob's wallet out of his hands, she checked inside for the amount of money and then sat him back to rest against the chair. From then on, Scarlett had decided it was her turn to look after him. After all, he had managed to get them there so far. She had to chip in a little.

The streets were thankfully packed full of yellow cabs, as most New Yorkers didn't find any true reason in owning their own car. What seemed to be further towards their luck, was that there were plenty of empty ones for them to use. She hailed one down quickly, telling the driver that she wanted him to wait for them before jogging back to where Jacob was waiting. "We're taking a cab somewhere closer to the edges of the city. We shouldn't be staying somewhere nice tonight. Maybe later on, when we have more money and we're not as much on the run." Scarlett conveyed her suggestion as she helped him towards the waiting cab, trying to be as inconspicuous as possible. For the moment they were normal people but if anyone recognized them or spotted their injuries, they would be in a whole heap of trouble. Once she helped them both into the backseat if the cab, the driver simply asked for a destination. Her response was just to drive.

As Scarlett had correctly assumed, the cabbie took them through all the backstreets as to try and make them pay more. She kept her head down and watched out the window for any possible sleeping locations. It took almost fifteen minutes for her to decide on a place, but when she did, the cabbie slammed on the brakes at her request. It was obviously one-star, the sign had a letter missing and it wasn't in a prime position for customers. Scarlett threw a fifty at the driver and then quickly climbed out to help Jacob. As soon as they were clear out of the way, the pair stood in the middle of the road as the yellow beacon sped away and suddenly they were alone again. "What do you think?"

Jacob looked out the window as they left the bright lights of times square, gradually the lights became less and less until they reached a much darker and much poorer part of the City. He's vision was slightly distorted by the trickle of blood and the intense pounding in his head. He stepped out of the cab facing an extremely run down hotel. He noticed the stereotypical neon sign with a missing letter and felt a little like they were in some kind of movie. The doors of the rooms had most of paint peeling off them and even a few numbers missing. "It's perfect" Jacob said knowing that it was quite unlikely that F.O.H would find them here, well he hoped so atleast.

They walked off the empty street and into the parking lot that they needed to cross to enter the Hotel, Jacob noticed that there were only a few cars, he didnt blame people for not wanting to stay in a place like this. They moved into a rather small lobby area that had a desk, a rather fat and hairy man with no shirt on sat behind the counter, asleep. "Uh excuse me" Jacob said, no reply. He raised his voice "Excuse me!" The man lazily opened his eyes. "20 bucks for the night" He said. Scarlett handed the man the money, The man took it and quite reluctantly leaned forward to open a drawer which Jacob could see held all the keys to the rooms. "Room 27" He said handing Jacob the key, Jacob took it and the man almost instantly went back to sleep.

"Charming" Jacob said to Scarlett as they walked out of the lobby area and up some metal stairs. Jacob looked for there room number, room 23, 24, 25 and finally they found their room, 27. He put the key in the lock and turned it, he felt it get stuck and tried a little harder, still nothing, he gave it one last try and it finally budged and the door opened.

Scarlett raised an unimpressed eyebrow as she stepped tentatively into the dark room and then ended up in a coughing fit by the amount of dust and other dirty particles that existed within. She was beginning to seriously doubt that this hotel hired a cleaning service very often. Maybe once every ten years. Though if someone did ever come, they could try to do something with that shirtless man downstairs. Once she regained her own breath, she shuddered at the memory of seeing that. Hopefully, it wouldn't be the cause of her nightmares that night. As it would soon turn out, the light switch, one turned on, would only provide the barest flickers and seemed to cast more shadows than it dissipated.

Holding out her hand, palm facing outward, Scarlett lit her hand up in bright fire to cast some kind of guidance for them. What was revealed wasn't exactly a delight. There was a dusty, old double bed that had two pillows and a single sheet. She would not be willingly sleeping in that thing. Especially after something appeared to move under the covers. There was only base furniture on the side. No cupboard, no desk, a tiny table and Scarlett didn't even want to think about the door on their left that probably led to a bathroom. It would do. Her main concern at the moment was Jacob. After making sure that the table could be sturdy enough, she led him over so he could sit on it.

"I have never taken any medical courses, but I suppose our best action would be to get rid of that blood." Scarlett instructed, digging around in her pockets until she found some napkins. Not used, thankfully. With a grimace, she began to gently wipe it all away. It wouldn't be perfect when she was done, but it would be better than what he currently had. "I think I'll stand watch tonight. I'm not very tired but you should do your best to get some sleep. If those people come after us again, I'll make sure to wake you."

Jacob looked around at the room it was dirty and smelled of dirt and mould. There was a double bed that was caked in layers of dust, Jacob was extremely exhausted but even the floor looked cleaner then that thing. "Well, you get what you pay for i guess" He said before Scarlett led him over to a cheap wooden table. Jacob felt the sting as Scarlett's napkin touched he's wound, he winced a little bit but the pain wasnt to bad. Jacob still struggled to keep his eyes open, he really wanted to sleep and when Scarlett said that she would stay up all night keeping guard he wanted to tell her to wake him in a few hours so they could swap but he knew he needed all the sleep he could get or else he would basically be useless to them. "We're going to need disguises, incase you havent noticed we may be the two most "Famous" people in America" Jacob said trying to stiffle a yawn.

After Scarlett had finished patching him up, he used the rest of his strength to stand up and move over to what looked like the cleanest corner in the room, he quickly grabbed a pillow from the bed and pushed it into the corner nearest the door, just below a window with a wire screen. "If nothing happens.. wake me at around.. i dont know.. *Yawn* Whenever" Jacob said as his eye lids became extremely heavy and shut closed, He heard Scarlett's footsteps and the ever distant sounds of the city, the distant barking of a dog. Within minutes he had fallen into the unconscious state called sleep, He didnt dream that night which was probably for the best as the only dreams he had had for the last 2 days were nightmarish.

((im thinking a time skip for when Scarlett wakes him?))

Hope walked through the busy city of New York, she had received some weird looks from the people passing by, probably because of the large device she was holding in her hands or the bloody bandages she had in her leg because of the spikes in her legs that were taken out. She was trying to get the signal coming from Jacob but it was useless, if he didn't use his powers there was no signal to track. As she approached to the closer signal she had a dim light got beside her, she saw a girl her age a bit shorter than her with white hair Hope recognized her as soon as she saw her,

"What are you doing here"

"Calm down Hope, I'm here to make sure you won't escape again"

" Aren't you tired of all this?"

The girl looked down, thinking of all the years she spent in the group, being used

" No"

" Yes you are, you can still help me by helping them"

" I don't know"

" Please"

" Fine, I am tired of being used anyway, let's find those two to warn them"

" thank you"

They walked until they gave up, Hope called a cab and told him to go to the cheapest hotel in the city, as the cab started moving, Hope was able to get a little of signal coming from a nasty looking hotel

" We found them"

Her internal clock told her it was 10:30am when the traffic noises of New York City began to grow steadily louder as the working peoples were finally released upon their lunch break. Not that she was able to judge by the position of the sun. The hotel they were lodging at was placed in a dismally poor location. Scarlett had been awake all night, not having been able to sleep even if she tried. It was probably adrenaline that kept her going, or fear of the nightmares that were certain to be plaguing her dreamlands. She shivered and drew her jacket closer around her, having given up on the thought of trying to find a heater hours ago. She could always light a fire, but that was a little too obvious.

Now that the entire nation was once again heavily involved in their lives, they would be the most wanted people on the planet. Every single American would be wondering where those two mutants had gone to. Had they been killed? Were they captured? Or were they hiding somewhere, trying to avoid suspicion and attention? Only Scarlett and Jacob truly knew what had become of themselves. They should be glad of course, that they had escaped but she still couldn't shake the feeling of utter despair. Her life had been sentenced to doom for eternity, it seemed. No matter how hard she was going to try, no matter how much she ran... things would always seem to want to go wrong.

The entire night had been spent not only watching out for their surroundings and their security, but also on Jacob. The young man had been seriously injured during the battle, and so far he seemed to be in the holds of a deep sleep. He hadn't seemed to stir at all during the night, which had prompted Scarlett on more than one occasion to just check and see if he was still alive. She was no doctor. She couldn't tell how serious his injuries were, but if she were to take him to a real hospital, they would only find themselves in a whole heap of trouble. Hopefully, he would wake up from this soon, feel well enough to teleport and then maybe they could even get out of the country together. She smiled ruefully as she stared out the window, thoughts wondering back to when she was younger and had dreamed of becoming a spy like 007. If she looked at it right, she truly was now living the life.

Her fingers reached up to touch her fiery red hair and she grimaced at the plan she had in store for her appearance. As Jacob had already stated, they needed to disappear. They couldn't just assume that walking around in public was going to prove healthy for them. They would be caught easily and they both did not want that to happen. Plus, because of all the reporters yesterday, their faces would becut well-known and fresh in the memory. She had yet to look at a newspaper or a TV, but she could only imagine what they were all talking about. And her red hair was far too noticeable. She was going to cut it to the nape of her neck, and die it a dark brown, chocolate colour. It had to be done, Scarlett knew that, but that didn't mean that she had to like it much.

Judging that Jacob had probably slept for long enough, and that they needed to get moving soon, Scarlett walked over to the sleeping teenager and gently shook him awake. "Morning superstar. Up and at 'em, or whatever you prefer." She offered him a kind smile and knelt down beside him. His injuries weren't so horrible in appearance in the daylight. Compared to firelight and the shadows that cast, it was looking quite tame. She was glad. "We should probably get moving soon. Get on the road or something. Get some money, you know, start life earlier than later. There wasn't anything to worry about while you were asleep so I didn't bother about waking you up. How are you feeling?"

Jacob awoke as someone gently shook him, It was Scarlett, Half squinting at he due to the light he replied to what she just said "We already have lives, this is just another part of our..lives" He said yawning, He missed the 5 seconds when he had just woken up before reality rushed back to him he hated having to run, he just wanted to go to school at Mutant Academy right now. "Im fine but im starving.. we need hot dogs, New York hot dogs" He said obviously in a better mood then last night, but he could feel his stomach rumbling, he was extremely hungry but he could now use his abilities like usual. He got up and looked out the window as a precaution, someone was walking across the parking lot, a short girl with white hair which Jacob thought looked died and someone he recognised, She was from the school, he didnt know her name but what were the chances of her finding them in New York, and why was she out of the Academy, Then he noticed she was carrying a large mechanical device that she seemed to be constantly looking at while walking directly towards their room, she hadnt him yet.

He quickly moved out of view of the window, "We have to go now" He said to Scarlett as he pointed out the window "She's from the Academy, there can only be one reason why she's here, us" He said. Afterall why else would she be at this rundown hotel and not at the Academy? " Jacob quickly grabbed his wallet off the cheap wooden table in the midddle of the room and shoved in his pocket. He looked around for any signs of the mysterious Mutant who had attacked him twice, he didnt see anything that indicate that he would be there. Jacob just wished that they didnt always have to deal with a life threatening situation night after night, he started to think maybe he never should of "broken into" the staff room, but then again, they would probably captured him of he didnt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back