• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy MTTS ◘ OOC

T
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

Do not relent, Dreamer...
Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Age of Characters
  • Just one question: all OCs are senior students (as written in the CS lol) right?

Hahahah! Yesss. Not entirely ideal, but age varies of course, mostly to make it more flexible for RPers. I'll just explain it as some people learning ahead of the curve and some slower (though I wouldn't want this to imply lacking in ability, cause not every senior student is shortlisted for The Reckoning, only those whom their Mentors feel would make it, one reason or another.)

The 'Status' section is also for me/the RPer to edit later on in the RP, for when your character acquires stuff like artifacts etc.

Enchantech Spells #1
  • Is there room for more

There certainly is! ^^
    I'll submit a character after work

Okay! Thanks for your interest.

Yo, I am so into this and about to work on my sheet, but also...how did you do that lore page?! I'm actually in awe.
    I thought so too!

Thanks!! But the true mastermind would've to be Alteras Alteras . I just edited what he'd already laid down in terms of coding. If you guys want to look at the original, search for a thread called Star of Arcadia. He does lots of wondrous works!

Alright, I'm about to unload a ton of questions, but I have to take them one step at a time.

The Primary one is...

The Enchantech. Is it possible to embed say an abjugation spell into something in order to use the spell with the weapon? So like a flame spell into a blade could make a flaming blade?

My second question ties to the first. The Nullreiwmer. If the above effects are possible, can one of the Nullreiwmer use an item that possesses an Abjugation spell? Isay that they have a restriction to that class of magic, but this, I think, wouldn't be considered casting the magic since its in the item?

It is possible! Imps are embedded into lamps to make street lights ^3^

The harder the spell, the harder it is though. To put into perspective if difficulty of casting the spell is rated at level 2, making the item have the ability to force the spirit within to use that spell and non other would have a minimum difficulty of 8. Pure enchantech focuses on strengthening an item for it to be able to become a vessel for the spirit, and binding the spirit into it. In essence, it's not embedding spells. It's limiting and putting a coercion on the trapped spirit to perform a singular magic effect at the whim of the caster.

Given the difficulty, none of our characters would be able to make that item yet. (You can have such an item though, simple magic only please).

A nullreiwmer (or nulls for short) can use the item.
    I haven't found a discord for this, which would make sense since there are only like 5 or so people. But I'm interested and was happy to see 2 people make characters before I was able to.

Welcome! ^^

If people want a discord... i could try making one. Im not that active there though, especially weekdays. I'm so bad at it...

Enchantech Spells & Flux #2
  • Okay cool. I wanted to know what the odds were of putting the Flux Abjuration spell into a blade, to essentially act as a reflector. If there was room to play as a Null, I was going to do that too, but clearly there are many others, so I’ll avoid that for now.

Is it okay to start with an item like that?

Oops! I think the way i wrote flux made for some misunderstanding! Sending the energy back where it came means... sending it back to the plane from which the spell took its effect, be it The Other Side (usually is) or even the mythical sidhe finnachad. In our world, it'll just look like the spell disappeared.

But, the enchantech items have an innate strengthening spell on it anyway, so it can dissipate some magic... to a certain degree. I'd prefer you choose some other effect for your blade to start ^^ also I'd limit the spirit trapped inside to insurgo class (except for ifriti), such items are common with heirlooms. It isn't as op as it sounds btw, since you can't converse with or draw from that trapped spirit.

Last edited:
    Gods & Religion
  • Lekiel Lekiel What deity system do you plan on using? Do you plan on making your own gods or should we use real life religions for gods? Because the name of my Foliot is using a greek name but if the greek gods don't exist then I'd like to use a name of whatever gods we do have. I know that could be a big question but just answer how you wanna.

It's a little complicated.. just a bit. 'Gods' as Magicians have come to suspect/understand here, are really just insanely powerful spirits. Most people worship the Seven Preceptors. But as names hold power in this world, a simple spirit cannot have the exact same name as a greater spirit. Spirit names are discovered, not given. Most common way of finding demons to bind is going through an index of compiled demons. There are other ways of getting demon names though, as all of you will find out later ^^

Commoners, non- magicians do have their own beliefs. As some see the magicians use of demons as abhorrent.

You may create your own 'religion' if you will.. but purely from a cultural and character background stand point. :D

A Zeus foliot would be funny. I'd say the gods from earth are not canon, so feel free to have your familiars named as such!

Last edited:
    Summoned Demons during Reckoning
  • animegirl20 animegirl20 Some added tidbit for your knowledge :D

Do bear in mind Insurgo and now, Clades, class demons summoned as a result of your Reckoning while assigned by me, is still a result of many many many factors. Stats, character background, and how you act and interact in the RP.

When do we start learning magic
  • When does one actually start going to these magic schools? Is it when they show signs of having magic? Lekiel Lekiel

There's the normal schooling, then there's magic. Normal schooling as per usual, real magic schooling... starts at about 12 plus minus a year.

Most humans can perform magic in this world. It's not terribly special compared to other universes. It is only a matter of whether one can afford it. The magic schools teach other more mundane subjects as well.

Last edited:
    Bolded texts and Reactive Posts
  • Kabochamp Kabochamp OSWonder OSWonder Matt l ttaM Matt l ttaM revior revior HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest NewAgeBlack NewAgeBlack animegirl20 animegirl20 & Foogels Foogels

Just a reminder that all IC posts from me that are bolded and begin with a '--' Should be reacted to immediately where a reaction is possible. An example is the dream at the beginning.

Other instances like the arrival of the various students are just plot statements to clarify events. Reaction is not necessary as there isn't much to react to.

An example of a 'selective' reactive post is the following:
    —Should Faean choose to open the door, he will come face to face with Enn Velahl. Her soft grey-blue eyes would stare at him wordless for a moment and he will suddenly be filled with a peculiar sense of displacement. Though he would know her to be his classmate, she looked different to him just that morning. But the moment will pass and she would turn away.

In this case, it only directly involves the character 'Faean'.

*note* My apologies this was not stated clearly enough... problems with writing late into a workday night! For those who have already posted, you are not required to edit your post (but you may do so if you wish). This would be for all future posts.

Thank!!!

Back