• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy M E M E N T O ◘ The Taken Seed ◘ Lore

M
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

Do not relent o'Dreamer. . .
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

Lekiel

Two Thousand Club
Supporter
"If you're stuck, click the clock."
~Enonymous

~◘~
Best viewed on computer
Refresh if image does not load. Large file size.
Credits: Jonathan Stroud, @Alteras for the code, and dearest Enn
Songspiration
~◘~​

[div class=container][div class=glaze][div class=tabsContainer][div class=tabNames]
[div class="tabName titleName"]MEMENTO[/div]
[div class="tabName introName"]Fall into my Dream[/div]
[div class="tabName requestsName"]The Dreamer[/div]
[div class="tabName bbcodeName"]Hall of Memories[/div]
[/div][div class=tabs]
[div class="tab titletab"]
[/div]
[div class="tab introtab"]
[/div]
[div class="tab requeststab"]
[/div]
[div class="tab bbcodetab"]
[/div]
[/div][/div][div class="spoke titleSpoke"][div class=contentContainer]
[div class="content titleContent"]
[div class=Title]M E M E N T O ◘[/div][/div]
[div class="header titleHeader"][div class=caption]
The Taken Seed
Roleplay

By Lekiel
[/div]
[/div]
[/div][/div][div class="spoke introSpoke"][div class=contentContainer]
[div class="content introContent"][div class=scroll]

"Abandon all that which burdens thee. Thus the Two of Redeemed Trust shall enter into the Palace as One."
~Enonymous

SCROLL
﹀​

full

Through the eaves of your gilded nest,
Cascades a pellucid ray of silvery moonlight,
Bother and perturbance across your brow denies rest,
Try as you might, fickle dreams could not take flight,

A flush of heat, the creep of coldsweat, a feel of unease,
The wind and rain patters outside mocking from yonder,
A toss a turn in ever increasing fret,
"My hand, take it, oh restless Dreamer"

Bewilderment, alarm the bugbear cried,
Shocked you startle, the wailing wind could it not be?
And as you sought, a shift a gentle spark just by the side,
A flutter of paper soft as Luna, reach you did,

And as you took, thus you were taken,
Through shades of deepest blues and colours of undecipherables,
A roar of sound, spiraling, converging, you were falling,
No further you cried, immediately a sound, a crystalline plop, you stopped.

Eyes you opened, wide staring,
Pale translucent skin, gems of sapphire for sights,
Cascades of moonlight with locks ending in Payne's Gray,
Lachrymose, crystalline tears clear as the ripples on mirror floors,

Yet for the despondence, a vision of pulchritude, you sigh.

In hand, a seed, a glimmering floweret,
Gentle whispers, teasing in your ears,
Time... time... I need more time,
Perplexed you near, the reflected moon, nay a clock,

The shivering cold, fingers stung by the chill,
You clutch at Time, but your hands breach the mirrored surface,
"My hand, take it, and you shall not fall O'Dreamer"
Please take my fight, it is yours now,

Awaken Memento,

Haste! Haste, 'ere the Destroyer comes!

full

The Amalgamation. That was our beginning.

There was no barrier to Order no limit to Chaos. There was no rhyme to its existing, nor reason for its being. Such was the world of the Valinûr. Beings they were not, for it was 'They' who defined being. Coursing and flowing through the void of space. Where they drew close, presence touching, their shape and form and patterns of void flung thoughts coalesced in harmonious Song.

Order.

And where they traversed apart, stretched far and wide they bespoke the cacophony of the boundless.

Chaos.

And so the Valinûr thus Were. They were no beginning, no end.

But as the Nows drew on, and the echoes of Forevers rippled longer in the expanse, so did Order ponder upon its form. And from its form, drew forth a thought, a figment, a Shape. And this Shape was a Seed and from this Seed, bloomed forth all creation that we know. Held by resonating threads stretching from the soul of Creation to our birth in the Chaos.

These threads were harmonious, far-reaching, omnipotent, as their sovereigns were. But each were of individual thought, each an idea, as the Valinûr were not. The threads were the Calaseld. The First Spirits.

This was our beginning.... or so they said.

full

Believe what you will, but the Demons - for their wretched offspring seek nothing but our ruin - are very real. In this land we call our Home, they permeate our everyday lives.

There is but One Rule.

Order to rule in dominion of Chaos. Or it'll be our undoing. We must shackle them to our wills, commanding them with magicks and thoughts, for the fabric between our worlds had been sundered thin.

There had been a time, a forgotten, when the Firmament stood strong. And only our best bade a welcome to the Demons of the Other Side. But alas, for all the splendor we had, it was never enough. And our Best sought for more, callow like spoiled children, thinking they were more. They called forth the Unspeakable, the very source of their chaotic hubris, blinded towards the coming desecration.

The damage done, the Firmament rent in twain.

An end to all... t'was nought for the pity of the seven Brightredeemers, beseeched by sorry sin. They gathered thus in Sidhe Finnachad, and with the Seed, they sacrificed themselves to save all of Creation. And with their sacred essences, they formed the Seven Precepts, each with their own guarding Gates to ward away the Chaos. Placed they the binding source, the Seed, kept hidden thus in Sidhe Finnachad the realm of Dreams, resting within the vaults of the Tribunal of Time. And so the names of the Seven were dearly remembered.

Hastarae. Oranis. Ithbeth. Sanar and Ryell. Belron. Yreth.

~◘~
[/div][/div]
[div class="header introContent"]
Intro
duction

[/div][/div][/div][div class="spoke requestsSpoke"][div class=contentContainer]
[div class="content requestsContent"][div class=scroll]
◘~◘~◘
Intrigued yet? Confused perhaps? Not bored I hope!

Anyways, for those of you unacquainted with lil' O Me... HI I'M LEEKIEEELLLL~!!! 8D

Memento is my latest attempt at penning out my daydreams and also my latest RP! I also have time to do so because all my other RPs are flopping fishes... *sobs*I-I sowie T.T I-I'm tryin' *sniff* I was highly inspired by several sources of course! Foremost of course is Jonathan Stroud's Bartimaeus series and also, for those of you who recognized the art, Mabinogi, a game that used to be my life <3 The resemblance to Stroud's work will become very apparent soon enough, especially when you start perusing the lore of this world ^3^

As with all my RP's, I'll be trying out new ways to GM and Memento will be no exception. I'd say this will be a choice driven RP, with a core part of your character's 'abilities' decided by how your characters 'react' to the circumstances within the story arc. There'll also be small puzzles as we progress, through which I hope you guys can get through as a group! Battle will only be PvE and be based off a stated action, wherein the GM will provide a resulting action; this will only be true for 'Boss' fights and not minor skirmishes. But before we get on with it with, I'd like to lay down a few ground rules :)

◘~◘~◘
✿ ALL RPN RULES APPLY! :o
✿ This is a detailed RP, hence, I expect a stupendous amount of detail!! Or at least, I expect RPers to be able to write to a proficient detail. That being said, I'm no ace writer myself, and neither do I expect a novel with every post. Sometimes people just want to talk about the weather without thinking about a traumatic past.
P.s. If you get confused between you're and your, they're and their... I'm going to join one of your own RPs and burn your character's house down!!!
✿ THERE WILL BE ROMANCE! 'cos I'm that kind of person... don't judge >.> We'll keep it realistic of course :> I'll bite you if it's notjoking.
✿ As I'm rather fussy, I don't know how quickly will I be able to approve applications. BUT, if this RP does in fact start, I'm not expecting a post everyday. Just once every five days will be great for me. There will be leeways of course, reallife does tend to suck alot, as long as you let me know I'm cool ^^
✿ Which brings me to the next part. I'm looking for a co-GM!! Someone who can take whatever's written and flow with it and expand on it! I have a barebones idea of how the RP will play out, but I'm definitely going to need someone to drive it along with me, even when the going gets tough and the creative juices run dry :( Of course, I'd like to take a look at your RP hosting experience if you have one! That being said, the RP will likely start first, and I'll probably forcibly crown one of you guys as Co-GM later ^3^
✿ If you've found this whole idea intriguing thus far, I really really really thank you for your appreciation of my effort ^-^. My apologies in advance, if I have not found you suitable to be a part of the RP. Please do not take it as a personal afront!

Now that that's out of the way, you might be wondering how the story will start!

Memento is set in an alternate world, the level of technology would perhaps be in the early/mid 1800s (I'M JUST THROWING IT OUT THERE, I DID NOT TAKE PROPER HISTORY LESSONS). I'd call it Steampunk-esque except that it's not. This is a world that has evolved and advanced on magic. Magic made possible by the bonds between Magicians and their demon familiars. A partnership (more like forced labour *cough*) between entities from different worlds. The boundaries of the world of Order, that's your home, is protected by the Seven Precepts. Seven planes of existence never before seen by mortal eyes, not those that lived to tell the tale, that holds back the chaotic demons from a place called the Other Side. But while the Seven Precepts do their job for the most part, a demon or two or more sometimes gets through, wrecking havoc throughout the lands. They are stopped only by the Magicians, who themselves, command demons of varying powers to stop their wretched kin.

Magicians and by extension magic, is a complicated process that often requires insane amounts of preparation, the larger the scale. What can be achieved, especially by mortal men, is also very limited. Not even Hairy Potter level. Summoning lowly imps, if not done right, can result in disastrous consequences for the untrained summoner. But if pentacles are meticulously drawn, summoning chants properly uttered, and the will of the summoner carefully honed, only then will they be able to summon greater demons to their bidding. Foliots, Djinns, or even the fiery Ifriti. Demons whose powers can be used for marvelous good, or disastrous calamity.

You will be playing as a top student from your respective land, several days before the Reckoning. The Reckoning is an annual event where the best senior students out of every academy gather to summon powerful mid-level demons, carefully watched over by their Mentors. Those that pass the test, will be well on their way to becoming Master Magicians. It is not easy, as there has been at least one death every year.

But as you prepare yourselves, another memento of the past looms on the horizon. A hundred years ago, one whose name has been erased and is now only known as The Betrayer, attempted to summon a Demon whose powers were beyond what they could bear. And in so doing, unleashed an even Greater Evil. A Great Spirit whose powers were said to be beyond even a host of Marids. It laid waste to all who were found in its rampaging path. Only the combined might of all the various Kingdom's Master Magicians and their demon familiars managed to take it down. This event was marked as the First Reckoning, and was what catalyzed reformations in the universal laws of summoning. After which only a select few were allowed to attempt summoning of mid-tier demons and become registered as Master Magician. The summoning must also be performed in full scrutiny of the appointed members of the Arcana Council.

A harrowing past for all humanity, one that seems to begin haunting the present after a century.

Why do we think so? Didn't you have that same dream? The one with the girl of moonlight hair and eyes of sapphire? It must mean something... musn't it?

~◘~
[/div][/div]
[div class="header requestsContent"]
Re
quests

[/div][/div][/div][div class="spoke bbcodeSpoke"][div class=contentContainer]
[div class="content bbcodeContent"][div class=scroll]

full
⊰~TABLE OF CONTENTS~⊱

⊰~1.RACES OF DEMONS~⊱

Begotten from Chaos. They are sentient entities, Demons often highly despise being called as such. Most would much rather be called Spirits. Dem-*cough* Spirits come in all sorts of shapes and sizes and power levels though they can be roughly classified into three categories. Indignor class for low leveled spirits, Insurgo for mid-tier, and Clades for high leveled spirits. There are of course, spirits who do not fall within these three broad categories, some lesser... and some even greater. When summoned into the world of Order, a demon suffers perpetual torment as their chaotic nature is continuously constricted by the very Laws that permeate unseen in the world of Order. Subsequently, Insurgo spirits and greater often take a physical form of a variety of animal-sized creatures that helps lessen the pain. Spirits are generally devious, and would often try to find ways to kill or get their Magicians killed. Nonetheless, once bound by magic, they are much more likely to succeed in the latter than the former as they are forbidden from acting to harm their Magician. More about Magicians and Spirits in the Section about Conjuration.

Spirits at a glance:
Spirit TypePowerBrawnElementSummoningPlane of Existence
Imp11-2AirPermittedHastarae
Foliot22Air, FirePermittedOranis
Utukku14AirPermittedIthbeth
Djinn3 - 63 - 4Air, FireRestrictedSanar
Sitri4 - 56AirRestrictedSanar
Horla4 - 54Air, FireRestrictedIthbeth
Daol35 - 6Air, EarthRestrictedIthbeth
Hisa-me3 - 63 - 4Air, WaterRestrictedRyell
Ifriti6 - 75Fire, AirRestrictedBelron
Marid8 - 107 - 10Air, ChaosHighly RestrictedBelron
Aos-Si10?10?Order? Chaos?Not KnownYreth

[class=tabis] background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/a5/ff/ec/a5ffec145011f72b1bb1b078a03b1faa.jpg); border-radius: 5px; box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #774503; box-sizing: border-box; color: wheat; font-size: 18px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1; margin: 20px auto; min-width: 350px; text-align: center; width: 50%; [/class] [class=tabi] box-sizing: border-box; cursor: pointer; display: inline-block; padding: 10px 0; width: 33%; [/class] [class name=tabi state=hover] background-color: #2b7abb; [/class] [script class=tabi on=click] hide tabsContent set currentTab (getText) if (eq ${currentTab} INDIGNOR) (show tabsContentInformation) if (eq ${currentTab} INSURGO) (show tabsContentRules) if (eq ${currentTab} CLADES) (show tabsContentCharacters) [/script] [div class=tabis][div class=tabi style="border-top-left-radius: 5px; border-bottom-left-radius: 5px;"]INDIGNOR[/div][div class=tabi]INSURGO[/div][div class=tabi style="border-top-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-right-radius: 5px; width: 34%;"]CLADES[/div][/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContentInformation"] [class name=stonelyBackgroundanar] width: 200px; height: 300px; background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/a0/b0/68/a0b068bea5521b87ff4524d7689736db.jpg); border: 5px solid black; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: 44% 15%; margin: auto; overflow: hidden; transition: all 0.5s ease; [/class] [class=stonelyBoxanar] width: 100%; height: 100%; margin: auto; transition: all 1s ease; [/class] [class name=stonelyBackgroundanar state=hover] width: 469px; overflow: auto; transition: all 0.5s ease; [/class] [class name=stonelyBoxanar state=hover] background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, .6); transition: all 1s ease; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class name=stonelyWrapperanar] height: 300px; width: calc(100%; + 17px); opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s ease; [/class] [class name=stonelyWrapperanar state=hover] opacity: 1; transition: all 0.5s ease; [/class] [class name=stonelyHeaderanar] color: wheat; text-align: center; font-size: 45px; justify-content: center; -webkit-text-stroke: 2px #d7e5f4; [/class] [class name=stonelyTextanar] height: 223px; width: 465px; color: white; padding: 5px; overflow-y: scroll; overflow-x: hidden; margin: auto; [/class] [class name=stoneCredit] font-size: 10px; color: rgba(114, 50, 130, 1); text-align: right; [/class] [div class=stonelyWrapper2][div class=stonelyBackgroundanar][div class=stonelyBoxanar][div class=stonelyWrapperanar][div class=stonelyHeaderanar]Indignor[/div][div class=stonelyTextanar] IMP - The lowliest of the gutter lows, imps barely have enough power to make it into the list of classified spirits. Nonetheless, they are especially useful for particular roles such as Search Spheres, due to their lack of presence giving them a semblance of stealthiness. Imps are commonly used by Magicians as messengers, sentries, lighting street lamps and other rudimentary roles.
Favoured Trinkets: Keychains and tarnished coins.
Personality: Disrespectful and terribly dull.
Favoured Form: Unable to shapeshift. Appears like some ugly bald winged baby... I mean, y'know how imps roughly look like... right?

FOLIOT - The most numerous of all Spirits employed by man, due to their relatively versatile power levels (basically not gutter-imp). They possess the most intelligence of all Indignor Spirits, nearly comparable to that of the Djinn. Foliots are also the only Indignors capable of shapeshifting, and considering their mild powers, suffer the least out of all Spirits when summoned into Order. Mayhap it is the reason why they make for one of the most companionable of familiars were Magicians. Foliots have rudimentary Evocation magic, capable of firing painful firebolts. They can also be used by Magicians as Mana Siphons to boost a Magician's powers. Foliots are commonly used as spies, errand-runners and guards.
Favoured Trinkets: Keychains.
Personality: Cheeky, amicable, but can be prone to petty squabble.
Favoured Form: Domestic cat-sized animals.

UTUKKU - Big and brawny, as far as Indignor Spirits go, Utukku make for great guardians though they are terribly stupid. They can go head-to-head with Djinns in physical combat, and their terribly low powers allow some Magicians to summon them en masse. They often hold various two-handed weapons and can be very efficient at using them.
Favoured Trinkets: Room decor.
Personality: Idiotic and dim-witted. Grudging.
Favoured Form: Six-foot buff and hairy humanoids with animal heads.

✧​

[/div][/div][/div][/div][/div] [/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContentRules" style="display: none;"] [class name=stonelyBackgroundisi] width: 200px; height: 300px; background-image: url(https://www.rpnation.com/gallery/djinn-test-jpg.40432/full); border: 5px solid black; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: 20% 50%; margin: auto; overflow: hidden; transition: all 0.5s ease; [/class] [class=stonelyBoxisi] width: 100%; height: 100%; margin: auto; transition: all 1s ease; [/class] [class name=stonelyBackgroundisi state=hover] width: 469px; overflow: auto; transition: all 0.5s ease; [/class] [class name=stonelyBoxisi state=hover] background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, .6); transition: all 1s ease; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class name=stonelyWrapper] height: 300px; width: calc(100%; + 17px); opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s ease; [/class] [class name=stonelyWrapper state=hover] opacity: 1; transition: all 0.5s ease; [/class] [class name=stonelyHeaderisi] color: silver; text-align: center; font-size: 45px; justify-content: center; -webkit-text-stroke: 2px #d7e5f4; [/class] [class name=stonelyText] height: 223px; width: 465px; color: white; padding: 5px; position: relative; overflow-y: scroll; overflow-x: hidden; margin: auto; [/class] [class name=stoneCredit] font-size: 10px; color: rgba(114, 50, 130, 1); text-align: right; [/class] [div class=stonelyWrapper2][div class=stonelyBackgroundisi][div class=stonelyBoxisi][div class=stonelyWrapper][div class=stonelyHeaderisi]Insurgo[/div][div class=stonelyText] DJINN - Cunning, ingenious and exceptionally intelligent, Djinn are the Foliots of the Insurgo class of Spirits in that they are highly versatile. If lucky, a Magician may come across a particularly pleasant Djinn as their personalities range from the downright devilishly devious, to the upright noteworthy noble. They prefer to fight with spells and have a wide variety of Fire based Evocation magic and Air based Abjuration. Djinns are arguably equipped with the most ideal character and skillset of the servant-spirit classes. Despises Hisa-me.
Favoured Trinkets: Writing stationary and fashion accessories.
Personality: As varied as humans, but generally prideful.
Favoured Form: Domestic dogs. Perfect depictions of humans, though they have large irises which are always completely blue.

SITRI - Friendly spirits, Sitri are the only Spirits least known for their Chaotic nature and their amicability to their human masters are comparable only to the Foliots. Their actions and thoughts border on nobility, as they seem to want to try and impress their Magicians once bonded. Nonetheless. they can be somewhat clingy and can become upset if not enough attention is given. Due to their personalities, they can bind themselves to their Magicians turning both Spirit and Human into a powerful gargoyle-like creature capable of withstanding physical and magical attacks to a degree. Sitri do not have Evocation magic, though they have defensive Abjuration spells and will allow Mana siphoning to the Magician.
Favoured Trinkets: Fashion accessories, underwear/lingerie, clothing.
Personality: Clingy, easily hurt, noble.
Favoured Form: Birds of prey, cats, dogs, gargoyles.

HORLA - Arrogant, argumentative and impatient but surprisingly compliant to orders. Nevertheless, their loud mouths can be rather distracting and unsuitable for stealthy tasks. If left alone, Horla's will create mirror copies of themselves just so they can have an argument buddy. Horla's love Evocation magic, often firing off multiple barrages more so than necessary. They do not have Abjuration though they have their very own, illusion magic; they can make copies of themselves or their Magicians. Horlas despise Djinns as they are often made fun off for being only capable of living up to the Precept of Ithbeth, one step lower than Djinns, despite being of the same class.
Favoured Trinkets: Fashion accessories, gems.
Personality: Argumentative, cock-sure, impatient. Hates Djinns.
Favoured Form: Any dog-sized animal. Horned winged red-skinned humanoid demon females.

DAOL - Detached and easily spaced-out, Daol's are nonetheless extremely resilient Spirits even among the Insurgo class. Unless their Masters are prone to danger, they are prone to sloth and gluttony. Daol's are also shy of their form, as they do not have the capacity to imagine themselves as anything other than a large glob of amorphous pearlescent goo. Despite that, they would be happy if given armor pieces and would happily trudge around as disembodied magical armor, armor which they can bring back with them to stash in their dwelling realm of Ithbeth. Daol's are the only Spirit that has an avid interest in consuming human food e.g. forks, spoons and other utensils. It is thought that consuming metals helps lessen the pain of their Summoning, as they have an unimpressive form. It's also thought that this is what makes them the only Spirits that were capable of going toe-to-toe in melee with the ancient golems without being utterly crushed by the magic dispelling earth elementals. Daol's do not have Evocation magic, but they have Earth-based Abjuration magic. They also prefer to fight in the melee, donning their gifted armor.
Favoured Trinkets: Weapons and kitchen utensils.
Personality: Distracted, lazy, detached. Shy if caught without 'their' armor. Sometimes would steal armor from their Magicians and be reluctant to give it back.
Favoured Form: Amorphous sludge. Any form of animated armor.

Hisa'me - Hisa'me are the epitome of beauty and they know it. Often donning the form of lithe buxom women or tall strapping studs decked out in evening finery no matter the occasion, they are a haughty and arrogant breed of dem- *spirit. Nevertheless, if one can look past their considerable assets, you will notice the bat-like wings, the too-black irises, and dangerous looking tail and probably want to get the hell out of dodge. Unless you're their Magician, then please get ahold of your demon before they seduce the soul out of some poor sod. Hisa'me are dangerously cunning despite their languid outlook, and are known to be able to transfix and hypnotize humans if one stares too long into their depthless eyes. Unbound Hisa'me are known to seduce hapless victims seeking the promise of carnal lust, before consuming their souls for a slow and excruciatingly painful death. Hisa'me are despised by Djinn for being able to dwell in the higher Precept of Ryell.
Favoured Trinkets: Fashion accessories, diaries.
Personality: Languorous, seductive, cunning. Resists orders.
Favoured Form: Exotic mythical animals. Humanoid with black irises, demon tail and bat-like wings that can be folded in.

IFRITI - The most powerful of the Insurgo class of Spirits, Ifriti are spirits of smoldering fire. An Ifriti's mood is as volatile as the surge of flames. While never considered friendly, they can be uncharacteristically subservient at odd moments. Most of the time, they will eye you like a bug waiting to be crushed by their sheer power. Ifriti are brash, and will sometimes carry out orders too literally and excessively. Be wary what you ask of them.
Favoured Trinkets: Amulets only.
Personality: Arrogant and aloof. Rarely subservient. Resists orders. Takes things too literally.
Favoured Form: Large horned beasts. A tall red-skinned human with eyes of flame and hooved feet.

✧​

[/div][/div][/div][/div][/div] [/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContentCharacters" style="display: none;"] [class name=stonelyBackgroundeda] width: 200px; height: 300px; background-image: url(https://www.rpnation.com/gallery/marid-test-jpg.40433/full); border: 5px solid black; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: 50% 30%; margin: auto; overflow: hidden; transition: all 0.5s ease; [/class] [class=stonelyBoxeda] width: 100%; height: 100%; margin: auto; transition: all 1s ease; [/class] [class name=stonelyBackgroundeda state=hover] width: 469px; overflow: auto; transition: all 0.5s ease; [/class] [class name=stonelyBoxeda state=hover] background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, .6); transition: all 1s ease; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class name=stonelyWrapper] height: 300px; width: calc(100%; + 17px); opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s ease; [/class] [class name=stonelyWrapper state=hover] opacity: 1; transition: all 0.5s ease; [/class] [class name=stonelyHeadereda] color: #630404; text-align: center; font-size: 45px; justify-content: center; -webkit-text-stroke: 2px #d7e5f4; [/class] [class name=stonelyText] height: 223px; width: 465px; color: white; padding: 5px; position: relative; overflow-y: scroll; overflow-x: hidden; margin: auto; [/class] [class name=stoneCredit] font-size: 10px; color: rgba(114, 50, 130, 1); text-align: right; [/class] [div class=stonelyWrapper2][div class=stonelyBackgroundeda][div class=stonelyBoxeda][div class=stonelyWrapper][div class=stonelyHeadereda]Clades[/div][div class=stonelyText] MARID - The most powerful out of all summonable Spirits, a Marid's mere pressence will crush an Imp simply by being too close to that trash piece of impcake. Marid's usually require at least 2 Master Magicians to be able to contain their initial summons, and most immediately be bound to a powerful magical trinket, else their Magician risks having his mind and willpower crushed by the sheer effort of maintaining the summons. Marids leave behind essences of their power wherever they move, allowing them to be easily tracked and sensed, making them obviously unsuitable to clandestine operations. Marids prefer to fight with their bare hands and overpowering power, though they can fire powerful attacks of chaotic Evocation magic. They do not have Abjuration magic. Marids are hubristic and imperious, disdainful of humans, constantly boasting of their power and what they would do to end all of humankind. I WILL SQUASH YOU BENEATH MY FEET AND YOU WILL BEG FOR MERCY RAAAAA!
Favoured Trinkets: Powerful magical artifacts.
Personality: Rebellious. Disdainful of Magicians. Hubristic. Somewhat masochistic. Highly resistant to orders.
Favoured Form: A large demonic entity easily over ten feet tall. Alternate forms are for weaklings.

AOS SI - An enigma to all, not a single Aos Si has been summoned in centuries and all records of their True Names have been lost since The Great Quiet. Some ancient texts mention the Aos Si as Children of the Calaseld.
Favoured Trinkets: The Aos Si are said to love musical instruments.
Personality: Unknown.
Favoured Form: Not known.

✧​

[/div][/div][/div][/div][/div] [/div]

⊰~2.SCHOOLS OF MAGIC~⊱

[class=tabula] background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/ae/fa/64/aefa6473c8a508402dd46e7387fc785e.jpg); border-radius: 5px; box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #774503; box-sizing: border-box; color: wheat; font-size: 18px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1; margin: 20px auto; min-width: 350px; text-align: center; width: 70%; [/class] [class=tabu] box-sizing: border-box; cursor: pointer; display: inline-block; padding: 10px 0; width: 25%; [/class] [class name=tabu state=hover] background-color: #2b7abb; [/class] [script class=tabu on=click] hide tabsContent set currentTab (getText) if (eq ${currentTab} CONJURATION) (show tabsContentWarrior) if (eq ${currentTab} EVOCATION) (show tabsContentMagus) if (eq ${currentTab} ABJURATION) (show tabsContentRanger) if (eq ${currentTab} ENCHANTECH) (show tabsContentRogue) [/script] [div class=tabula][div class=tabu style="border-top-left-radius: 5px; border-bottom-left-radius: 5px;"]CONJURATION[/div][div class=tabu]EVOCATION[/div][div class=tabu]ABJURATION[/div][div class=tabu style="border-top-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-right-radius: 5px; width: 25%;"]ENCHANTECH[/div][/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContentWarrior"] [class name=stonelyBackgroundwar] width: 200px; height: 300px; background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/c7/52/5d/c7525dbaf38efd42f323f112c8677238.jpg); border: 5px solid black; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: 40% 5%; margin: auto; overflow: hidden; transition: all 0.5s ease; [/class] [class=stonelyBoxwar] width: 100%; height: 100%; margin: auto; transition: all 1s ease; [/class] [class name=stonelyBackgroundwar state=hover] width: 469px; overflow: auto; transition: all 0.5s ease; [/class] [class name=stonelyBoxwar state=hover] background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, .6); transition: all 1s ease; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class name=stonelyWrapper] height: 300px; width: calc(100%; + 17px); opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s ease; [/class] [class name=stonelyWrapper state=hover] opacity: 1; transition: all 0.5s ease; [/class] [class name=stonelyHeaderwar] color: silver; text-align: center; font-size: 45px; justify-content: center; -webkit-text-stroke: 2px #d7e5f4; [/class] [class name=stonelyText] height: 223px; width: 465px; color: white; padding: 5px; position: relative; overflow-y: scroll; overflow-x: hidden; margin: auto; [/class] [class name=stoneCredit] font-size: 10px; color: rgba(114, 50, 130, 1); text-align: right; [/class] [div class=stonelyWrapper2][div class=stonelyBackgroundwar][div class=stonelyBoxwar][div class=stonelyWrapper][div class=stonelyHeaderwar]Conjuration[/div][div class=stonelyText] First School of Magic - Conjuration is the primary and main form of magic which all aspiring Magicians must learn. To become a Magician one must receive extensive schooling in this art, which requires meticulous memorization of pentacles and rune patterns, proper articulation of chants and deft drawing skills. All of which goes into drawing the perfect summoning pentacle, as even a single mistake can cost a Magician's life. Stepping out of the pentacle during a summoning breaks the protection spell. Thus, all demons will try every trick in the book to trick, coerce or even force (with sheer power of presence) a Magician to mistep. Due to the complexities involved and high tuition fees at Academies, not all can afford to study to become a Magician, let alone complete their studies. As such, Magicians are usually made up of the high-middle income, upper-class and nobles. Pentacles and runes are drawn with powdered gemstone chalks and finished off with a drop of blood from the summoner; a pair must be drawn, one for the summoner and one for the demon. Conjurers are capable of summoning two distinct magics. Demons and Arcane Objects.

Demon Summoning - Except for Imps and Utukku, all other demons must be summoned by the Magician uttering their True Name with perfect enunciation. Imps are summoned by simply adding Mugwort Herb to the summoning chalice within the etched pentacle, while Utukku are summoned by simply uttering any one, two or three-syllable words; as they have stupid naming conventions. Knowledge of a demon's True Name not only allows the summoning, but also gives the Magician some measure of control over the demon. A demon must be extant and not bonded with another Magician or object for it to answer the summoning. True Names are powerful tools that can even be used by the demon to resist a Magician, as such, all Magicians are given an alternate name at birth. True Names are almost never shared amongst Magicians unless there is good reason to do so. When summoned from The Other Side, a demon is said to be anchored to one of the Seven Precepts, a place to which it can be banished to recuperate from the agonies of being summoned. The greater the demon, the higher the dwelling Precept. This is also how Djinns and greater demons can distinguish other demons by seeing their true forms, even despite their shapeshifting. Once bonded to a Magician, a demon can have their essences bound into a trinket. This allows the Magician to quickly summon the Demon; without which a pentacle must be drawn again. The Precepts in order of increasing depth are:

Arcane Objects - Conjuration school of magic also allows Magicians to cast magical objects which can be used to punish their own or harm hostile demons.
~See Spellbook Section Below For More Info~
✧​

[/div][/div][/div][/div][/div] [/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContentMagus" style="display: none;"] [class name=stonelyBackgroundmag] width: 200px; height: 300px; background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/3a/05/ab/3a05ab407c02ecffa20b133da87b292e.jpg); border: 5px solid black; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: 60% 10%; margin: auto; overflow: hidden; transition: all 0.5s ease; [/class] [class=stonelyBoxmag] width: 100%; height: 100%; margin: auto; transition: all 1s ease; [/class] [class name=stonelyBackgroundmag state=hover] width: 469px; overflow: auto; transition: all 0.5s ease; [/class] [class name=stonelyBoxmag state=hover] background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, .6); transition: all 1s ease; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class name=stonelyWrapper] height: 300px; width: calc(100%; + 17px); opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s ease; [/class] [class name=stonelyWrapper state=hover] opacity: 1; transition: all 0.5s ease; [/class] [class name=stonelyHeadermag] color: #01013a; text-align: center; font-size: 45px; justify-content: center; -webkit-text-stroke: 2px #d7e5f4; [/class] [class name=stonelyTextmag] height: 223px; width: 465px; color: white; padding: 5px; overflow-y: scroll; overflow-x: hidden; margin: auto; [/class] [class name=stoneCredit] font-size: 10px; color: rgba(114, 50, 130, 1); text-align: right; [/class] [div class=stonelyWrapper2][div class=stonelyBackgroundmag][div class=stonelyBoxmag][div class=stonelyWrapper][div class=stonelyHeadermag]Evocation[/div][div class=stonelyTextmag] Second School of Magic - Evocation magic is the creating of a desired effect from a seemingly unseen source of power. It concerns the casting of primarily offensive elemental spells to harm or even kill other demons or humans. Elemental schools within Evocation are Air, Fire, Water and Earth. Despite humankind's profficiency in this school of magic, they are nonetheless easily outclassed by their demon counterparts who can cast Evocation magic of greater magnitude. To cast Evocation magic, a Magician must draw spell runes with hand gestures. The more complicated the spell, the longer it takes to draw.

✧​

[/div][/div][/div][/div][/div] [/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContentRanger" style="display: none;"] [class name=stonelyBackgroundran] width: 200px; height: 300px; background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/ef/8e/7e/ef8e7ec49f34e87cc4ac814cc5095278.jpg); border: 5px solid black; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: 30% 30%; margin: auto; overflow: hidden; transition: all 0.5s ease; [/class] [class=stonelyBoxran] width: 100%; height: 100%; margin: auto; transition: all 1s ease; [/class] [class name=stonelyBackgroundran state=hover] width: 469px; overflow: auto; transition: all 0.5s ease; [/class] [class name=stonelyBoxran state=hover] background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, .6); transition: all 1s ease; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class name=stonelyWrapper] height: 300px; width: calc(100%; + 17px); opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s ease; [/class] [class name=stonelyWrapper state=hover] opacity: 1; transition: all 0.5s ease; [/class] [class name=stonelyHeaderran] color: #013d04; text-align: center; font-size: 45px; justify-content: center; -webkit-text-stroke: 2px #d7e5f4; [/class] [class name=stonelyText] height: 223px; width: 465px; color: white; padding: 5px; position: relative; overflow-y: scroll; overflow-x: hidden; margin: auto; [/class] [class name=stoneCredit] font-size: 10px; color: rgba(114, 50, 130, 1); text-align: right; [/class] [div class=stonelyWrapper2][div class=stonelyBackgroundran][div class=stonelyBoxran][div class=stonelyWrapper][div class=stonelyHeaderran]Abjuration[/div][div class=stonelyText] Third School of Magic - Abjuration magic encompasses all protective, warding and nullifying spells. Abjuration creates physical and magical barriers, cast trigger wards as well as dispelling other wards. While Abjuration can involve the same elements as Evocation magic, it is not limited to Elemental effects. Demons cannot cast non-elemental Abjuration magic, but can buff their Magician master's spells. Similar to Evocation, all Abjuration magic requires the etching of magical runes either by hand gestures or drawn with gemstone chalk.

✧​

[/div][/div][/div][/div][/div] [/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContentRogue" style="display: none;"] [class name=stonelyBackgroundrog] width: 200px; height: 300px; background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/66/7c/9b/667c9bf6a03c85d230299492893db650.jpg); border: 5px solid black; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: 50% 25%; margin: auto; overflow: hidden; transition: all 0.5s ease; [/class] [class=stonelyBoxrog] width: 100%; height: 100%; margin: auto; transition: all 1s ease; [/class] [class name=stonelyBackgroundrog state=hover] width: 469px; overflow: auto; transition: all 0.5s ease; [/class] [class name=stonelyBoxrog state=hover] background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, .6); transition: all 1s ease; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class name=stonelyWrapper] height: 300px; width: calc(100%; + 17px); opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s ease; [/class] [class name=stonelyWrapper state=hover] opacity: 1; transition: all 0.5s ease; [/class] [class name=stonelyHeaderrog] color: #262626; text-align: center; font-size: 45px; justify-content: center; -webkit-text-stroke: 2px #d7e5f4; [/class] [class name=stonelyText] height: 223px; width: 465px; color: white; padding: 5px; position: relative; overflow-y: scroll; overflow-x: hidden; margin: auto; [/class] [class name=stoneCredit] font-size: 10px; color: rgba(114, 50, 130, 1); text-align: right; [/class] [div class=stonelyWrapper2][div class=stonelyBackgroundrog][div class=stonelyBoxrog][div class=stonelyWrapper][div class=stonelyHeaderrog]Enchantech[/div][div class=stonelyText] Fourth School of Magic - The fourth school of magic involves the blending of lots of forced-labour imps and clockwork mechanic technology. Enchantech enables the creation of powerful magical items, by binding demons of varying powers to masterwork objects. Enchantech is terribly exhaustive and mana demanding. As such even binding Djinns to objects requires an insane amount of effort or sometimes, multiple Magicians to complete the task. As such, Magicians who work alone prefer to utilize a whole army of low level trash imps which can be a more efficient way to work. One such example are those who aspire to become Dragoons, the magical law-enforcers of the Arcana Council. Dragoons are Magicians that utilize imps in compacted 'canisters' to power rifles that shoot a specially purified substance called silverite. Silverite only causes bruising to humans but can be extremely deadly towards demons. Due to the added physical demands that Enchantech requires, the syllabus usually includes some form of physical training. Nonetheless, do not underestimate the strength of demons. Even the weakest of Djinns are as strong as the strongest human. Whenever an Enchanter casts an Enchantech spell, the veins on their hands and eyes light up in what is known as the Enchanter's Tracer. What starts off as a faint white glow, slowly takes on a colour unique to each Enchanter. By level 3, individual colours should be clearly distinguishable. The colours grow in intensity as the Enchanter grows in rank.

✧​

[/div][/div][/div][/div][/div] [/div]

⊰~3.THE LANDS OF FERIA~⊱

The world of Feria is divided into three large continent islands, with a smaller neutral island city set in the middle. The Western continent is ruled by the imperious Kal'Borian Warlock Conclave in the Ivory Tower, in their capital Tal`Vastok. The Eastern rocky and sandswept deserts are ruled by the Hinokian Monarchy from the Starspire, in their capital city of Almaradamri. The cold Northlands are dotted by smaller city-states, each ruled by a baron or count. The largest citystate and default capital is Ishngard. Finally, in the middling islands set in the middle of the Cerulean Sea and shrouded by magical fog, lies Highover, a small city governed by the Principle Magician of the Arcana Council at Highover Institute of Magic.

[class=tabuly] background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/ae/fa/64/aefa6473c8a508402dd46e7387fc785e.jpg); border-radius: 5px; box-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #774503; box-sizing: border-box; color: wheat; font-size: 18px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 1; margin: 20px auto; min-width: 350px; text-align: center; width: 77%; [/class] [class=taby] box-sizing: border-box; cursor: pointer; display: inline-block; padding: 10px 0; width: 25%; [/class] [class name=taby state=hover] background-color: #2b7abb; [/class] [script class=taby on=click] hide tabsContent set currentTab (getText) if (eq ${currentTab} HIGHOVER) (show tabsContentanfalithe) if (eq ${currentTab} MIRANSAR) (show tabsContentilshari) if (eq ${currentTab} IVORYTOWER) (show tabsContentnumenlad) if (eq ${currentTab} GRISHELGROFT) (show tabsContentcalancalen) [/script] [div class=tabuly][div class=taby style="border-top-left-radius: 5px; border-bottom-left-radius: 5px;"]HIGHOVER[/div][div class=taby]MIRANSAR[/div][div class=taby]IVORYTOWER[/div][div class=taby style="border-top-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-right-radius: 5px; width: 25%;"]GRISHELGROFT[/div][/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContentanfalithe"]
b9673293ade4d53f49ef7f00bc4b80f0.jpg
Highover Institute of Magic. The oldest of all the Great Magic Schools and founding place of the Arcana Council, a taskforce of the most elite and powerful Magicians in charge of ensuring all nations adhere to the stipulated regulations of demonic summoning and magic use. Every year, schools from all over the land send their top senior students to an annual event dubbed, The Reckoning. If they pass the test, they will graduate as Master Magicians and granted an internship within the Arcana Council. It is a shortcut to the most prestigious and revered career in all four lands. Set atop a stone plinth in the Great Hall of Highover Institute is the Ardenstone. A magical artifact of immense power. All chosen candidates of the school must first place their hands on the Ardenstone to see if they are worthy for the test.

[/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContentilshari" style="display: none;"]
c2cee49596070bbdcc10875907eaa4dc.jpg
Sorcera al`Miransar. The Hinokian Empire's largest sorceror school is located beside the Starspire within Almaradamri. Magicians from Sorcera al`Miransar have been known to summon powerful Horla and Ifriti. A legion of Golems, relics from a forgotten past lie dormant throughout the perimeter of Almaradamri.

[/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContentnumenlad" style="display: none;"]
f4ba0b425c73dc412c85dbbc9f6f731f.jpg
The Ivory Tower. A great marvel of magic piercing the blue expanse above the Kal`Borian capital of Tal`Vastok. It is the seat of their power and largest Magician school of the Kal'Borian Warlocks. Magicians trained at the Ivory Tower are known for summoning incredibly powerful and intelligent Djinn. The Ivory Watch, Kal'Boria's esteemed law enforcers are known for their adept Sitri enhanced fighting art.

[/div] [div class="tabsContent tabsContentcalancalen" style="display: none;"]
a79e585b8b815d68d3e5b891150557c0.jpg
The Grishelgroft Academy of Wizardry. Set in the largest citystate of Ishngard in the Northlands. It is as rugged and hardened as the stalwart Northland men, faced with the cold and storm tossed rocky cliffs. Grishelgroft Magicians are known for their use of staunch Daols. Due to the large array of isolated hamlets and towns, the Northlands are prime skulking grounds for unbound Hisa-me.

[/div]

⊰~4.LOREBOOKS~⊱

https://www.rpnation.com/gallery/conju-book-gif.40564/full[/URL]) center; width: 480px; height: 52px; padding: 5px; color: transparent; text-align: center; font-size: 15px; border-radius: 10px;]1

A brief inexhaustible list of magic spells. Mostly used to give a rough idea of Magic profficiency to spell magnitudes.
*note* For cast times, unless otherwise stated it is as follows: Instantaneous (at a word), short (a short sentence), moderate (5 - 10 seconds), long (>10 seconds, a whole written post is needed)

CONJURATION:
Spell NameLevel RequiredSchoolThings to Note
Red-hot Stipples1ConjurationSears the flesh of demons inflicting pain. Ineffective against humans.
Punitive Jab2ConjurationA magical stab at the essence of a demon. A spell of unique magnitudes as it would hurt a Djinn no more than it would hurt an Imp. Probably a Marid too, except they might like it.
Astral Hands2ConjurationSummons an astral projection of the Magician's main hand that mimics their actions up to 10 feet away.
Stricture3ConjurationWeaves spellthreads or chains (depending on power of Magician) to bind demons and humans alike. Full concentration must be maintained to sustain the spell.
Essence Rack3ConjurationTears at the essence of demons causing intense pain. May even kill demons, if powerful enough.
Astral Slap4ConjurationSummons an astral projection of the Magician's main hand that is up to ten times stronger than the caster. Only lasts 1 second.
Mournful Orb5ConjurationConjures a shimmering blue orb around a target, demon or human. Nullifies all magic inside and causes intense pain to demons when they touch it. It is used to trap demons for an indefinite amount of time and can be shrunk in size.
Stimulating Compass6ConjurationActivates the five corners of a Pentacle, instantly strengthening its barriers and causing arcs of electricity to zap the demon caught inside.
Bladefall6Conjuration + Enchantech*Requires Enchantech Level 4*. Requires a true magical weapon. Bladefall calls forth multiple copies of the Magician's magical weapon and by sustaining the spell's power, they can turn the weapons into extremely powerful magical lances to strike at their target. Once the spell is cast, the copies of the weapon float in a ring around the Magician and can be shifted with basic movements. Long cast time.
Shriveling Fire7ConjurationA blast of pure arcane energy that pierces and tears at the essence of a demon. Powerful enough to even stun a Marid at its lowest levels of proficiency. Can kill demons. Will cause extreme lethargy against humans.
Caltalimanstasis8ConjurationBinds a target to the caster and traps both in an unbreakable magical cage. Both the Magician and his/her target are unable to directly harm each other. It is suspected that Caltalimanstasis draws upon an unknown source of power other than mana, allowing the Magician to bind a target far beyond their usual power. An extremely difficult spell to cast, as it requires the use of an elaborate pentacle. Said to be the most difficult pentacle to draw, as it layers multiple magical runes within each other, and can only be drawn with the target already in the unfinished pentacle
Storm of Crows9ConjurationSummons a near-endless flock (depending on mana) of furious magical crows that surges and flows depending on the will of the Magician. They tear into foes with frenzied abandon and cause great mayhem disrupting any abilities of others that require extended concentration. Long cast time. Spell not inherent. Must be learned.
Wings of Eclipse9ConjurationUpon casting Storm of Crows, the magical avians can be directed to surround a small area around the Magician with a dense shifting body of magical crows. They take all elemental and physical damage directed to the Magician. Instantaneous. Spell not inherent. Must be learned.

https://www.rpnation.com/gallery/evoc-book-gif.40566/full[/URL]) center; width: 480px; height: 52px; padding: 5px; color: transparent; text-align: center; font-size: 15px; border-radius: 10px;]1

A brief inexhaustible list of magic spells. Mostly used to give a rough idea of Magic profficiency to spell magnitudes.
*note* For cast times, unless otherwise stated it is as follows: Instantaneous (at a word), short (a short sentence), moderate (5 - 10 seconds), long (>10 seconds, a whole written post is needed)

EVOCATION
Fire/Ice/Earth/Lightningbolts1EvocationFires shards of associated elements to harm targets.
Iluma Diuturus2EvocationSummon a floating elemental ball to provide light. Elemental balls are self sustaining up to a minute. Multiple balls can be cast, up to 5.
Creeping Ice2EvocationCovers an area from the cast out several yards towards the intended target, temporarily encasing their feet in hard ice.
Font2EvocationCasts a powerful torrent of water, powerful enough to knock humans off their feet.
Shocking Grasp3EvocationCasts a burst of pure electrical energy from the fingers to a close distance in front of the caster. Very scalable magic and can be very powerful if the strength of the caster if high enough.
Lightning Whip3EvocationConjures a long lashing whip of lightning.
Groundsmack4EvocationErupts a chunk of magical earth out from any unworked ground (worked ground diminishes effects), physically damaging all who are hit. Particularly effective against most demons, as they are spirits of air and susceptible to earth.
Iluma Invehitur4EvocationBuilds upon iluma diuturus. Given time, the Magician can overcharge the elemental balls to the point where they suddenly burst out a concentrated energy of the associated elemental power. Flurry of ice shards, torrents of needle-sharp penetrating water jets, molten flame, crushing rock or devastating streams of lightning.
Contorting Frost5EvocationA more powerful font is cast, and as it douses the victim fully submerging it the water is immediately frozen, forcing the victim's limbs to be trapped at angles according to the Magician's whim. May even kill less stronger foes. Although a complex spell, cast time is short. Nevertheless, it is very exhausting for low levels to cast.
Frost Nova5EvocationAn instantaneous burst of icy crystalline shards that flies in all directions around the caster.
Telekinesis5EvocationBasic manipulations of pulling, throwing, carrying and rotating of any objects a third of the Magician's weight up to ten feet away. Spell must be sustained.
Elemental Craft6EvocationSkillful mastery of the elements allows the Abjurer to shape the elements into any object at whim. Various elements can be mixed where physically possible (ice can be weaved in with earth, but not with fire). The elemental objects are also subjected to the element's inherent physical nature. (Ice and earth being capable of forming solids. Wind can sustain a caster's weight through a contained rush of air in a particular direction). This spell must be sustained and will be canceled if the Magician loses focus.
Searing Lance6EvocationThe Magician summons a searing lance of intense heat to burn a hole through heavy defenses. Longer cast time, a full post, will allow the caster to maintain a continuous stream of molten heat until exhaustion.
Fireblast6EvocationThe Magician flings a large molten fireball at a target location which detonates with explosive force upon impact. Moderate cast time.
Hailstorm7EvocationCalls down freezing hailstorms over a small area to freeze and strike at foes. Long cast time, only caster is immune.
Cataclysm8Evocation + Conjuration*Requires Conjuration Level 3* The discordance of primal elements, forced to unite in parallel streams. Each seeking to overpower the other in the necessity for the pureness of their inherent nature. A raging fury of raw power, it is said that in the cacophony of colliding Primals the Song of Chaos is heard. A song that is answered in the form of a blazing elemental wyrm. This embodiment of power is known as the Cataclysm, only seemingly alive for the echoes of a forgotten Song. Streaking out of the heavens to strike at the target. The Wyrm will remain for an unknown amount of time, indiscriminately attacking all within reach. Long cast time. Spell not inherent. Must be learned.
Lumina Dominus10EvocationWhen one truly understands the resonance of each Primal flow, only then will the Song of Order be heard. A harmonious echo of creation, binding all in the Plane of Making that when heard, will unravel all into its Primal form. A willing soul must be crushed, and from its cracked core, a burst of pure brilliant light will blaze forth undoing all caught in its blinding glare. An ancient spell, referenced but not detailed, rumoured but not heard or seen. Spell not inherent. Must be learned.

https://www.rpnation.com/gallery/abj-book-gif.40563/full[/URL]) center; width: 480px; height: 52px; padding: 5px; color: transparent; text-align: center; font-size: 15px; border-radius: 10px;]1

ABJURATION
Flux1AbjurationBasic and most practical abjuration spell. Casts a ball of arcane energy to counteract other casted magic, sending their energies back to its original plane (not reflecting), nullifying the attack. Nullifying powers depend on the powers of the Magician.
Mirrorwall2AbjurationInstantly throws up defensive sheets of ice to divert magical attacks. Mostly used as a last resort and can only be spelled immediately in front of the caster.
Hardened Armor2AbjurationCovers the target in a hardened shell of earth magic, used primarily on humans as it can harm demons.
Windwall3AbjurationConjures a sudden gust of powerful wind in a particular direction forming a curtain of rushing air, tossing objects caught in it away. Only used in very close proximity to the caster.
Protect3AbjurationCovers a target in ephemeral arcane armor. When the shield is overcome, it explodes outwards with a bang, disorientating the attacker.
Acrobatic Winds4AbjurationTriples the dexterity of a target. The target must already have a minimum dexterity of level 3 to be in full control of their actions.
Exoterra (earth)/Exocrixies(ice)4AbjurationTriples the strength of a target with a shifting elemental exoskeleton.
Chromatic Dissonance4AbjurationCollides a conflux of all elemental energies together in an explosive detonation. Although most of the energies are nullified, the resulting explosion can stun even Clades class demons for a modest amount of time.
Reinvigorating Winds4AbjurationA gale of refreshing winds sweeps across a small area, calming minds and heartening shattered wills. Replenishes stamina and mana. Moderate cast time.
Wards5AbjurationWarding spells can be employed to a wide variety of effects, but takes time to be set up as runes must be etched over a particular area. Can be used simply to keep harm away, or cause temporary paralysis to trespassers. A Magician can attempt to dispell other wards, provided they know what sort of ward it is.
Telekinesis5EvocationBasic manipulations of pulling, throwing, carrying and rotating of any objects a third of the Magician's weight up to ten feet away. Spell must be sustained.
Counterspell5Abjuration + PerceptionThe Magician uses their perception trait to attempt to disassemble or disrupt the casting of another spell. Perception trait must be equal to the level of the countered spell. Mana is expanded twice, once for Counterspell and whatever mana had been used to cast/complete the countered spell.
Elemental Craft6AbjurationSkillful mastery of the elements allows the Abjurer to shape the elements into any object at whim. Various elements can be mixed where physically possible (ice can be weaved in with earth, but not with fire). The elemental objects are also subjected to the element's inherent physical nature. (Ice and earth being capable of forming solids. Wind can sustain a caster's weight through a contained rush of air in a particular direction). This spell must be sustained and will be canceled if the Magician loses focus. Regardless of length of use, the Magician will be unable to cast another spell after ending Elemental Craft for a few seconds. Short cast time.
Essence Mend6AbjurationA healing spell to speed up the natural healing process of both demon and human alike. Target is unable to move for a full turn or more depending on injury. A very exhaustive spell.
Anima Doloris6AbjurationA spell found from in an unmarked tomb from the time before the Great Silence. Drains the life essence of any living entity through touch, channeling it to a target to greatly speed up healing. Marginally effective when used on self, most optimal when the life essence is channeled to others. Anima Doloris works on the environment as well. Prolonged and excessive usage will cause the Magician to develop Crown Sickness, where sickly black veiny marks will encircle their brow causing intermittent agonizing headaches. If the warnings are ignored, their bodies will be wrecked with utter torment as they will feel like their very nerves are on fire. The dark veiny corruption will spread throughout their body. At this stage, the only way to lesson the pain is to continue to drain the essence of other living beings, a skill which the sufferer will no longer have any definite control of and which now affects a small area around the person; as opposed to touch. Most die from the unbearable pain. Spell not inherent. Must be learned.
Chrysalis7AbjurationCreates an iridescent cacoon of multiple elemental powers, intertwining and working with each other in perfect tandem to form an extremely powerful shield. Shield is large enough to cover a dome ten feet in diameter. Long cast time.
Fateweave9AbjurationEarly Abjurers chanced upon the Fateweave spell when they attempted to duplicate and perform a spell from the Old World. The spell did not succeed as intended, and the tome was subsequently lost. Nevertheless, a new spell was discovered. Fateweave binds the Magician's soul to another, intertwining the entirety of their lives so closely for a short period of time that both will experience flashes of the other's memories. Whatever fate should befall the bound, will be negated and instead be dealt to the Magician. Should the bound be hurt in any way, they will not experience any pain but the damage will be dealt to the Magician as if it were they who were hurt. Moderate cast time. Spell not inherent. Must be learned.
Broken Empyrea10Abjuration + ???A spell of the Old World. The only mentions of the spell are described in the crumbling notes of early Abjurers who sought to inscribe a spell they discovered in an Old World grimoire which was never found. It states that the caster slices a rift through all the realms at the point which they stand, distorting reality. Although, the effects of the distortion seems to affect the caster more than any other. At the start of the spell, the spell judge's the Magician's heart and identifies friend from foe caught in the separate reality. All Spirits are said to be desummoned or banished, except for what the inscriptions write as 'Greater Beings'. During this time, the Magician can choose to immediately swap places with all the spell deems their 'friend' and they would temporarily gain 'strength' while their 'friend' grows 'weak'. Whether 'strength' refers to physical strength or some other force remains unclear. Spell not inherent. Must be learned.

https://www.rpnation.com/gallery/ench-book-gif.40565/full[/URL]) center; width: 480px; height: 52px; padding: 5px; color: transparent; text-align: center; font-size: 15px; border-radius: 10px;]1

ENCHANTECH
Toymaking1EnchantechBasic craftsmanship training that teaches Enchanters to tinker.
Smithing1EnchantechRequires use of an Enchanters Workstation. Basic craftsmanship training to teach Enchanters to shape metals.
Transvertatus1EnchantechThe most basic of Enchantech spells. Reagents can be prepared in advance into vials which upon dousing a certain area, will change the physical nature of the non-living surface randomly. Most common effects are burning a hole in the ground or turning an area into sticky goo. More effective on 'un-worked' substances.
Enhance2EnchantechThrough countless research into material fragmentation the Enchanter can now reinforce any material they have come across more than once, strengthening and improving upon its physical properties twice over. Does not require a workstation.
Essence Condensate2EnchantechThe Enchanter is now able to construct their own Impcanister and powerup silverite bullets. They gain access to Imprifles. Requires workstation. Imprifle upgrades may be discovered by chance, during which the Enchanter must speak to a higher ranking Enchanter to gain the knowledge and skill required to perform the rifle upgrades.
Elixus2EnchantechA special brew of liquefied mana using various alchemical ingredients. Provides a boost to spells when consumed, depending on the quality of the Elixus brewed. Side effects include chromatic vision, feelings of invincibility, followed by temporary hallucination and uncontrollable giggles (consumer will see random objects and people as overly large toys). Requires a workstation.
Ignifer3EnchantechUses mana to perform essence compression on Imps turning the Impcanisters into high explosive Ignifers. Ignifers will eventually detonate causing significant harm to spirits, greatly disorientating humans. Imprifles can use Ignifers to fire a powerful shot.
Petricigacio3EnchantechUses Mana Crystalization techniques to synthesize Petricigacio crystals. These crystals can store Evocation and Abjuration spells casted by the appropriate Magician. However, the strength of the stored spells both depends on the casting Magician and the skill of the Enchanter in making high-quality crystals. Petricigacio crystals can also be primed and flung at certain other spells (mostly Evocation based) which enhances the effects of the spell and also prematurely detonate it. Premature detonation only works if the crystal has enough power to match the oncoming spell. Requires a workstation to synthesize crystals.
Doriuxius' Athanor4EnchantechUsing a particular set of runes, an Enchanter can send a small container the size of a backpack to a pocket dimension. The container must have been synthesized from scratch and can only hold select objects; mostly items previously made by the Enchanter. At this stage, Doriuxius' Athanor is only usable as a portable workstation for the Enchanter, and as such, allows them to work literally anywhere. To be frank, the Enchanter has no idea where this 'pocket dimension' actually exists. Logically, the Athanor seems to increase in size based on Enchanter skill.
Imp Cascader4EnchantechAn upgrade applied to Impcanisters, allowing them to mark contained imps which attracts *you guessed it* more imps! Imps no longer need to be summoned separately in advance, as long as the Cascader is not destroyed. Cascaders can be primed and detonated for even greater effect, as well as used to overcharge Imprifles for an even more powerful shot, which can overheat the rifle. Overheating and shot strengths depend on the rifle's build.
Aeshel's Theory of Everything5Enchantech + Conjuration*Requires Conjuration Level 3*. The Enchanter can make anything they have ever made before in their hands in the of several seconds (if the item is simple e.g. Petricigacio crystals), as long as they have the required materials in their Athanor. However, objects created through this spell will always be much more inferior compared to those created normally and does not include complex contraptions like Imprifles. Additionally, the caster can duplicate non-rare materials that they currently possess. Duplicates are inferior in quality to the original and has a long cast time.
Trentini's Silverlight6Enchantech + Conjuration + Abjuration*Requires Conjuration Level 3*. *Requires Abjuration Level 2* The Enchanter can quickly summon destructible silverite armor and melee weapons at will, as long as the materials are available in the Athanor. Lined with Petricigacio dust, these equipment can withstand powerful Magical attacks and divert the force of the attack away at the cost of the equipment. However, if too far from the Enchanter, the equipment quickly loses their integrity. Spell not inherent. Must be learned.
Bahamuth's Torrent6Enchantech + Conjuration + Evocation*Requires Conjuration Level 3*. *Requires Evocation Level 2* The Enchanter uses his or her mana to duplicate and enhance their Imprifle, temporarily opening up Athanors in the immediate vicinity around them to bring all their firepower to bear for a limited span of time. The Enchanter must have a bond with an Insurgo or greater demon capable of Evocation magic. Spell not inherent. Must be learned.
Loftgarden's Legion6Enchantech + Conjuration*Requires Conjuration Level 4*. Uses shortcuts via an innate understanding of Conjuration and expert grasp of Enchantech to quickly summon silverite suits of armor housing imps under command of the Enchanter. As imps aren't the brightest of demons, part of the Enchanter's consciousness must be directed towards commanding the imps, otherwise they will be off doing odd things. Initial learning of this spell allows up to three Silverite Imps. Other than melee weapons, Silverite Imps can be armed with Imprifles. However, these Silverite Imps take much longer and more materials to summon. Spell not inherent. Must be learned.
Spirit Binding8EnchantechThe Enchanter is finally capable of binding Spirits to enhanced trinkets or weapons, making them capable of making True Magic items. However, multiple Magicians are required to lend their strength and will if the demon is too powerful.
https://www.rpnation.com/media/creature.31681/full[/URL]) center; width: 480px; height: 52px; padding: 5px; color: transparent; text-align: center; font-size: 15px; border-radius: 10px;]1

• A compilation of notable NPCs and Creatures in the world of Memento

⊰~5.INDEX~⊱

Empyrea - Highest Heavens. A mythical place said to be the final resting place for all creatures both demon and man. A place where we become One with the Valinûr.

By the Seven! - Often spoken as an exclamation. A reference to the benevolent Seven Brightredeemers. Hastarae. Oranis. Ithbeth. Sanar and Ryell. Belron. Yreth.

Brightredeemers - Said to be seven powerful Magicians, although some sources claim they were Aos Si. Still others claim them as Calaselds, and even some claim them to be Magicians possessed by Aos Si. It was the Brightredeemers who saved all of Mankind from Terror the Unspeakable, an ancient forgotten horror that caused the Great Silence.

The Great Silence - A time just over a thousand years ago, wherein no one and no record have etched a substantial depiction of what life had been before then. Not even the demons have accurate memories of what had been before, despite obviously having been summoned. The Great Silence was said to be caused by the hubris of mankind, when the world was drenched in chaos of war, an ancient evil was unleashed in the pursuit of power. The period before The Great Silence is called the Old World.

The Seven Precepts - Seven planes that separate The Other Side from the world of Order. No Magician knows how to get to the Precepts, though evidence suggests that it really exists. Some records say it is a place filled with neverending smog and a wide slow moving river, through which all departed souls flow. A demon can be in its True Form while in the Precepts.

Sidhe Finnachad - A place of legend, said to be the realm of Dreams and Possibilities. The Tribunal of Time within Sidhe Finnachad is where the fabled Seed is kept, holding the fabrics of reality in place.

The First Reckoning - Happened about a century ago when a student from one of the old Great Nobles Houses attempted to summon a Marid. The summoning went awry and ended up unleashing a Great Spirit that wreaked havoc all across the four lands. It was killed only by the combined might of a legion of Master Magicians and their demons.

The Betrayer - A person whose name and House has been forcibly erased from history. Rumors have it that the Betrayer was actually just a young student at Highover.

Nullreiwmer - Nullreiwmers make up perhaps 5% of society at large. Nullreiwmers are people born with an innate resistance to elemental and demon magic. Some have partial resistance, some even have full resistance. Nonetheless, they can still be harmed by physical means like any normal human. Nullreiwmers cannot cast Evocation and Abjuration magic.

Golems - A hulking construct of clay, supposedly made by the olden Sorcerors of the Hinokian Empire. Most are found as dormant statues situated all around Almaradamri, though they can be found elsewhere. Nobody knows how to create a golem, though banned tomes explain of the sacrifice of twenty full Nullreiwmers to create a single golem. Almost all Indignor and Insurgo demons would cower at the sight of a golem, speaking of them as indestructible monstrosities.

Nobles - The Noble houses of the four lands are an esteemed class of people, and are what makes up for the majority of Magicians as mere commoners often would not be able to afford to complete schooling.

Silverite - A carefully purified form of silver mineral and activated by the essence of demons. It causes extreme pain when in contact with demons and may even kill them. Silverite was first discovered by three great Enchanters from three noble houses. They became known as The Paragons of Silver. Nowadays, there are multiple manufacturers of Silverite. However, Paragon Silverite is still the purest and deemed the most potent of all Silverites.

Dragoon - The elite magical enforcers of Feria. Dragoons work alongside the Master Magicians and both are considered members of the Arcana Council based in Highover. They keep the lands safe from disturbances from unbound demons that manage to cross through rifts from The Other Side.

The Paragons of Silver - Comprised of 3 Noble Houses. Centuries ago, three Enchanters, one from each House worked together and came out with a novel alchemical substance now known as Silverite. Contrary to popular misconception, silverite is not made out of silver, but rather a liquid metal that is similar in appearance to silver.
As an overview: Silverite ore is synthesised with solian crystals to produce unrefined silverite > Unrefined silverite is purified into the silverite which Dragoons and Enchanters commonly use.
1. House al''Mirani of the Hinokian Empire controls the largest share in the mining of silverite ore - which is mostly found in the Hinokian Deserts. They also have a clan secret technique in synthesising the ore.
2. House Handumal of the Northlands supplies the high grade solian crystals (which are also used in the manufacture of Skyships) as well as the Feria renowned Handumal Athanors that al`Mirani use to synthsise the ore.
3. House Duchanteau is the only one capable of purifying the unrefined silverite to an exceptional grade.

Magician's Mandate - A law which allows Magicians to demand immediate compensation or exact self-defined appropriate punishment upon any commoner who has wronged them. There is no strict regulation about what sort of punishment is deemed appropriate, as long as there is no loss of life or maiming. The Magician's Mandate is a sore wound that further exacerbates the divide between Magician and non-Magician classes.

###########################

[/div][/div]
[div class="header bbcodeHeader"]
List
of BBcode

[/div][/div]
[/div][/div][div class=circle]
[div class=circleClose]Close[/div]
[div class=circleOpen]Open[/div]
[/div][/div] [class=container] --img-w: 1280; --img-h: 720; --cir-center-h: 61.08%; --cir-center-w: 26.40%; --cir-radius: 12.7; --cir-thickness: .5vw; --bg-color: rgba(4, 12, 20, 0.9); --divide-thick: .25vw; --tab-color-1:#cd7f32; --tab-color-2:#cd7f32; --tab-color-3:#cd7f32; --tab-color-4:#cd7f32; color:gray; width: 100%; padding-top: calc( var(--img-h) / var(--img-w) * 100%); background-image:url(' background-size:contain; position:relative; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=glaze] --cir-radius-math: calc( var(--cir-radius) / 100 * 100%); width: 100%; padding-top: calc( var(--img-h) / var(--img-w) * 100%); background-image: radial-gradient(circle farthest-side at var(--cir-center-w) var(--cir-center-h), transparent 0%, transparent var(--cir-radius-math), white var(--cir-radius-math), white calc(var(--cir-radius-math) + var(--cir-thickness)), var(--bg-color) calc(var(--cir-radius-math) + var(--cir-thickness))); position: absolute; top:0; clip-path: circle( 10% at var(--cir-center-w) var(--cir-center-h) ); -webkit-clip-path: circle( 11% at var(--cir-center-w) var(--cir-center-h) ); transition: clip-path 1s ease-out, -webkit-clip-path 1s ease-out; [/class] [class=glazeOpen] clip-path: circle( 100% at var(--cir-center-w) var(--cir-center-h) ); -webkit-clip-path: circle( 100% at var(--cir-center-w) var(--cir-center-h) ); transition: clip-path 1s ease-out 1.5s, -webkit-clip-path 1s ease-out 1.5s; [/class] [class=tabsContainer] z-index:10; position: absolute; width: calc( var(--cir-center-w) - ( 100% - var(--cir-center-w) ) * var(--cir-radius) / 100 - var(--cir-thickness) - 10 * var(--divide-thick) ); height: calc( 2vw + 6px); top: calc( var(--cir-center-h) - var(--divide-thick) / 2 ); left: 0; border-top: var(--divide-thick) solid white; [/class] [class=tabNames] width: 100%; height: auto; bottom: calc( 100% + var(--divide-thick) ); position: absolute; [/class] [class=tabName] width: 100%; height: auto; box-sizing: border-box; position: absolute; bottom:0; font-size: calc(1.25vw + 6px); text-align: center; opacity:0; transition: opacity .5s ease-in; [/class] [class=tabNameShow] opacity: 1; [/class] [class=tabs] width: 100%; height: 100%; display: flex; flew-flow: row nowrap; justify-content: space-around; font-size: calc(1.25vw + 6px); [/class] [class=tab] flex: 1 1 auto; text-align: center; cursor: pointer; [/class] [class=titletab] color: var(--tab-color-1); transition: all .5s ease-in; [/class] [class name=titletab state=hover] color: white; background-color: var(--tab-color-1); [/class] [class=titleName] color: var(--tab-color-1); transition: opacity .5s ease-in; [/class] [script class=titletab on=mouseenter] addClass tabNameShow titleName [/script] [script class=titletab on=mouseleave] removeClass tabNameShow titleName [/script] [class=introtab] color: var(--tab-color-2); transition: all .5s ease-in; [/class] [class name=introtab state=hover] color: white; background-color: var(--tab-color-2); [/class] [class=introName] color: var(--tab-color-2); [/class] [script class=introtab on=mouseenter] addClass tabNameShow introName [/script] [script class=introtab on=mouseleave] removeClass tabNameShow introName [/script] [class=requeststab] color: var(--tab-color-3); transition: all .5s ease-in; [/class] [class name=requeststab state=hover] color: white; background-color: var(--tab-color-3); [/class] [class=requestsName] color: var(--tab-color-3); [/class] [script class=requeststab on=mouseenter] addClass tabNameShow requestsName [/script] [script class=requeststab on=mouseleave] removeClass tabNameShow requestsName [/script] [class=bbcodetab] color: var(--tab-color-4); transition: all .5s ease-in; [/class] [class name=bbcodetab state=hover] color: white; background-color: var(--tab-color-4); [/class] [class=bbcodeName] color: var(--tab-color-4); [/class] [script class=bbcodetab on=mouseenter] addClass tabNameShow bbcodeName [/script] [script class=bbcodetab on=mouseleave] removeClass tabNameShow bbcodeName [/script] [class=spoke] --math: calc( var(--cir-center-w) + ( 100% - var(--cir-center-w) ) * var(--cir-radius) / 100 + var(--cir-thickness) + 10 * var(--divide-thick) ); position: absolute; height: 100%; width: 100%; bottom: calc( 100% - var(--cir-center-h) - var(--divide-thick) / 2 ); left: var(--math); border-bottom: var(--divide-thick) white solid; transform-origin: calc( -1 * ( var(--math) - var(--cir-center-w) ) ) bottom; transform: rotate(-270deg); opacity: 0; transition: transform 3s ease-in-out 1.75s , opacity 1s linear 2.75s; [/class] [class=SpokeReveal] transition: transform 3s ease-in-out .5s, opacity 1s linear 1.5s; transform: rotate(0deg); opacity: 1; [/class] [class=contentContainer] height: 100%; width: calc( 100% - var(--math) ); left:0; position:relative; [/class] [class=content] width: calc( 100% - 5px); height: calc( var(--cir-center-h) - var(--divide-thick) / 2 - 15px); max-height:0; bottom: 0; left:0; overflow: hidden; position: absolute; transition: max-height 1.5s ease-in-out; [/class] [class=scroll] height: auto; max-height: 100%; padding-top: 15px; width: calc( 100%); bottom: 0; position: absolute; padding-right: 200px; overflow-y: scroll; [/class] [class=header] width: 100%; height: calc( 100% - var(--cir-center-h) - var(--divide-thick) / 2); max-height:0; top: calc(100% + var(--divide-thick) ); line-height: .9; font-size: calc( 5.5vw + 2px ); overflow:hidden; position: absolute; transition: max-height 1.5s ease-in-out; [/class] [class=Title] height: auto; left:0; bottom: 0; position: absolute; color: white; font-size: calc( 5.5vw + 8px ); line-height:.9; [/class] [class=caption] width:100%; height: 4vw; font-size: calc( 1.75vw + 6px ); line-height: 1.2; position: absolute; [/class] [class=ShowContent] max-height: 75vh; transition: max-height 1.5s ease-in-out 3.25s; [/class] [class=ShowHeader] max-height: 75vh; transition: max-height 1.5s ease-in-out 3.25s; [/class] [class=circle] width: calc( 2 * ( ( 100% - var(--cir-center-w) ) * var(--cir-radius) / 100 ) + 2 * var(--cir-thickness) ); height: calc( ( 2 * ( 100% - var(--cir-center-w) ) * var(--cir-radius) / 100 ) * var(--img-w) / var(--img-h) + 2 * var(--cir-thickness)); box-sizing: border-box; border-radius: 50%; top: calc( var(--cir-center-h) - ( 100% - var(--cir-center-w) ) * var(--cir-radius) / 100 * var(--img-w) / var(--img-h) - var(--cir-thickness) ); left: calc( var(--cir-center-w) - ( 100% - var(--cir-center-w) ) * var(--cir-radius) / 100 - var(--cir-thickness) ); right: calc( 100% - ( var(--cir-center-w) + ( 100% - var(--cir-center-w) ) * var(--cir-radius) / 100 + var(--cir-thickness) ) ); position: absolute; cursor: pointer; border: 0px white solid; transition: border-width .5s ease-in-out 1s; [/class] [class=circleReveal] transition: border-width .5s ease-in-out; border-width: calc(var(--cir-thickness) + 2px); [/class] [class=circleClose] text-align: center; color: gray; top: 50%; left: 50%; font-size: calc( 1vw + 6px); transform: translateX(-50%) translateY(-50%); position: absolute; opacity: 0; transition: opacity .2s ease-in-out; [/class] [class=circleOpen] text-align: center; color: gray; top: 50%; left: 50%; font-size: calc( 1vw + 6px); transform: translateX(-50%) translateY(-50%); position: absolute; opacity: 0; transition: opacity .2s ease-in-out; [/class] [class=circleOpacity] opacity:1; [/class] [script class=circle on=mouseenter] if (eq ${isOpen} 1) (addClass circleOpacity circleClose) (addClass circleOpacity circleOpen) [/script] [script class=circle on=mouseleave] removeClass circleOpacity circleClose removeClass circleOpacity circleOpen [/script] [script class=circle on=click] removeClass circleOpacity circleClose removeClass circleOpacity circleOpen if (eq ${isOpen} 1) (removeClass glazeOpen glaze) if (eq ${isOpen} 1) (removeClass circleReveal circle) if (eq ${isOpen} 0) (addClass glazeOpen glaze) if (eq ${isOpen} 0) (addClass circleReveal circle) if (eq ${isOpen} 1) (set isOpen 0) (set isOpen 1) [/script] [script class=tab on=click] set TabSel (getText) if (eq ${TabSel} ${TabHis}) (stop) //if tab selected is current tab, stop. if (eq ${TabHis} 1) (removeClass ShowContent titleContent) if (eq ${TabHis} 1) (removeClass ShowHeader titleHeader) if (eq ${TabHis} 2) (removeClass ShowContent introContent) if (eq ${TabHis} 2) (removeClass ShowHeader introHeader) if (eq ${TabHis} 3) (removeClass ShowContent requestsContent) if (eq ${TabHis} 3) (removeClass ShowHeader requestsHeader) if (eq ${TabHis} 4) (removeClass ShowContent bbcodeContent) if (eq ${TabHis} 4) (removeClass ShowHeader bbcodeHeader) //hide the text and prepare for SPINNING if (eq ${TabHis} 1) (removeClass SpokeReveal titleSpoke) if (eq ${TabHis} 2) (removeClass SpokeReveal introSpoke) if (eq ${TabHis} 3) (removeClass SpokeReveal requestsSpoke) if (eq ${TabHis} 4) (removeClass SpokeReveal bbcodeSpoke) //spinning to hide spoke complete. Prepare to spin spoke into view if (eq ${TabSel} 1) (addClass SpokeReveal titleSpoke) if (eq ${TabSel} 2) (addClass SpokeReveal introSpoke) if (eq ${TabSel} 3) (addClass SpokeReveal requestsSpoke) if (eq ${TabSel} 4) (addClass SpokeReveal bbcodeSpoke) //spinning complete. Show the new stuff if (eq ${TabSel} 1) (addClass ShowContent titleContent) if (eq ${TabSel} 1) (addClass ShowHeader titleHeader) if (eq ${TabSel} 2) (addClass ShowContent introContent) if (eq ${TabSel} 2) (addClass ShowHeader introHeader) if (eq ${TabSel} 3) (addClass ShowContent requestsContent) if (eq ${TabSel} 3) (addClass ShowHeader requestsHeader) if (eq ${TabSel} 4) (addClass ShowContent bbcodeContent) if (eq ${TabSel} 4) (addClass ShowHeader bbcodeHeader) set TabHis ${TabSel} [/script]
I speeled beseeched wrong, I knoee.. T.T too lazy to edit it
Reading this and still no idea if there's more to this than the picture? Click on the Clock at the bottom left of the space above =D

Last edited:
Credits: Jonathan Stroud and dearest Enn​

M E M E N T O - The Taken Seed
"Abandon all that which burdens thee. Thus the Two of Redeemed Trust shall enter into the Palace as One."
~Enonymous

Fall Into My Dream
full

Through the eaves of your gilded nest,
Cascades a pellucid ray of silvery moonlight,
Bother and perturbance across your brow denies rest,
Try as you might, fickle dreams could not take flight,

A flush of heat, the creep of cold sweat, a feel of unease,
The wind and rain patters outside mocking from yonder,
A toss a turn in ever-increasing fret,
"My hand, take it, oh restless Dreamer"

Bewilderment, alarm the bugbear cried,
Shocked you startle, the wailing wind could it not be?
And as you sought, a shift a gentle spark just by the side,
A flutter of paper soft as Luna, reach you did,

And as you took, thus you were taken,
Through shades of deepest blues and colours of undecipherables,
A roar of sound, spiralling, converging, you were falling,
No further you cried, immediately a sound, a crystalline plop, you stopped.

Eyes you opened, wide staring,
Pale translucent skin, gems of sapphire for sights,
Cascades of moonlight with locks ending in Payne's Gray,
Lachrymose, crystalline tears clear as the ripples on mirror floors,

Yet for the despondence, a vision of pulchritude, you sigh.

In hand, a seed, a glimmering floweret,
Gentle whispers, teasing in your ears,
Time... time... I need more time,
Perplexed you near, the reflected moon, nay a clock,

The shivering cold, fingers stung by the chill,
You clutch at Time, but your hands breach the mirrored surface,
"My hand, take it, and you shall not fall O'Dreamer"
Please take my fight, it is yours now,

Awaken Memento,

Haste! Haste, 'ere the Destroyer comes!

full

The Amalgamation. That was our beginning.

There was no barrier to Order no limit to Chaos. There was no rhyme to its existing, nor reason for its being. Such was the world of the Valinûr. Beings they were not, for it was 'They' who defined being. Coursing and flowing through the void of space. Where they drew close, presence touching, their shape and form and patterns of void flung thoughts coalesced in harmonious Song.

Order.

And where they traversed apart, stretched far and wide they bespoke the cacophony of the boundless.

Chaos.

And so the Valinûr thus Were. They were no beginning, no end.

But as the Nows drew on, and the echoes of Forevers rippled longer in the expanse, so did Order ponder upon its form. And from its form, drew forth a thought, a figment, a Shape. And this Shape was a Seed and from this Seed, bloomed forth all creation that we know. Held by resonating threads stretching from the soul of Creation to our birth in the Chaos.

These threads were harmonious, far-reaching, omnipotent, as their sovereigns were. But each were of individual thought, each an idea, as the Valinûr were not. The threads were the Calaseld. The First Spirits.

This was our beginning.... or so they said.

full

Believe what you will, but the Demons - for their wretched offspring seek nothing but our ruin - are very real. In this land we call our Home, they permeate our everyday lives.

There is but One Rule.

Order to rule in dominion of Chaos. Or it'll be our undoing. We must shackle them to our wills, commanding them with magicks and thoughts, for the fabric between our worlds had been sundered thin.

There had been a time, a forgotten, when the Firmament stood strong. And only our best bade a welcome to the Demons of the Other Side. But alas, for all the splendour we had, it was never enough. And our Best sought for more, callow like spoiled children, thinking they were more. They called forth the Unspeakable, the very source of their chaotic hubris, blinded towards the coming desecration.

The damage done, the Firmament rent in twain.

An end to all... t'was nought for the pity of the seven Brightredeemers, beseeched by sorry sin. They gathered thus in Sidhe Finnachad, and with the Seed, they sacrificed themselves to save all of Creation. And with their sacred essences, they formed the Seven Precepts, each with their own guarding Gates to ward away the Chaos. Placed they the binding source, the Seed, kept hidden thus in Sidhe Finnachad the realm of Dreams, resting within the vaults of the Tribunal of Time. And so the names of the Seven were dearly remembered.

~◘~

The DreamerIntrigued yet? Confused perhaps? Not bored I hope!

Anyways, for those of you unacquainted with lil' O Me... HI I'M LEEKIEEELLLL~!!! 8D

Memento is my latest attempt at penning out my daydreams and also my latest RP! I also have time to do so because all my other RPs are flopping fishes... *sobs*I-I sowie T.T I-I'm tryin' *sniff* I was highly inspired by several sources of course! Foremost of course is Jonathan Stroud's Bartimaeus series and also, for those of you who recognized the art, Mabinogi, a game that used to be my life <3 The resemblance to Stroud's work will become very apparent soon enough, especially when you start perusing the lore of this world ^3^

As with all my RP's, I'll be trying out new ways to GM and Memento will be no exception. I'd say this will be a choice driven RP, with a core part of your character's 'abilities' decided by how your characters 'react' to the circumstances within the story arc. There'll also be small puzzles as we progress, through which I hope you guys can get through as a group! Battle will only be PvE and be based off a stated action, wherein the GM will provide a resulting action; this will only be true for 'Boss' fights and not minor skirmishes. But before we get on with it with, I'd like to lay down a few ground rules :)

◘~◘~◘
✿ ALL RPN RULES APPLY! :o
✿ This is a detailed RP, hence, I expect a stupendous amount of detail!! Or at least, I expect RPers to be able to write to a proficient detail. That being said, I'm no ace writer myself, and neither do I expect a novel with every post. Sometimes people just want to talk about the weather without thinking about a traumatic past.
P.s. If you get confused between you're and your, they're and their... I'm going to join one of your own RPs and burn your character's house down!!!
✿ THERE WILL BE ROMANCE! 'cos I'm that kind of person... don't judge >.> We'll keep it realistic of course :> I'll bite you if it's notjoking.
✿ As I'm rather fussy, I don't know how quickly will I be able to approve applications. BUT, if this RP does in fact start, I'm not expecting a post everyday. Just once every five days will be great for me. There will be leeways of course, reallife does tend to suck alot, as long as you let me know I'm cool ^^
✿ Which brings me to the next part. I'm looking for a co-GM!! Someone who can take whatever's written and flow with it and expand on it! I have a barebones idea of how the RP will play out, but I'm definitely going to need someone to drive it along with me, even when the going gets tough and the creative juices run dry :( Of course, I'd like to take a look at your RP hosting experience if you have one! That being said, the RP will likely start first, and I'll probably forcibly crown one of you guys as Co-GM later ^3^
✿ If you've found this whole idea intriguing thus far, I really really really thank you for your appreciation of my effort ^-^. My apologies in advance, if I have not found you suitable to be a part of the RP. Please do not take it as a personal afront!

Now that that's out of the way, you might be wondering how the story will start!

Memento is set in an alternate world, the level of technology would perhaps be in the early/mid 1800s (I'M JUST THROWING IT OUT THERE, I DID NOT TAKE PROPER HISTORY LESSONS). I'd call it Steampunk-esque except that it's not. This is a world that has evolved and advanced on magic. Magic made possible by the bonds between Magicians and their demon familiars. A partnership (more like forced labour *cough*) between entities from different worlds. The boundaries of the world of Order, that's your home, is protected by the Seven Precepts. Seven planes of existence never before seen by mortal eyes, not those that lived to tell the tale, that holds back the chaotic demons from a place called the Other Side. But while the Seven Precepts do their job for the most part, a demon or two or more sometimes gets through, wrecking havoc throughout the lands. They are stopped only by the Magicians, who themselves, command demons of varying powers to stop their wretched kin.

Magicians and by extension magic, is a complicated process that often requires insane amounts of preparation, the larger the scale. What can be achieved, especially by mortal men, is also very limited. Not even Hairy Potter level. Summoning lowly imps, if not done right, can result in disastrous consequences for the untrained summoner. But if pentacles are meticulously drawn, summoning chants properly uttered, and the will of the summoner carefully honed, only then will they be able to summon greater demons to their bidding. Foliots, Djinns, or even the fiery Ifriti. Demons whose powers can be used for marvellous good, or disastrous calamity.

You will be playing as a top student from your respective land, several days before the Reckoning. The Reckoning is an annual event where the best senior students out of every academy gather to summon powerful mid-level demons, carefully watched over by their Mentors. Those that pass the test, will be well on their way to becoming Master Magicians. It is not easy, as there has been at least one death every year.

But as you prepare yourselves, another memento of the past looms on the horizon. A hundred years ago, one whose name has been erased and is now only known as The Betrayer, attempted to summon a Demon whose powers were beyond what they could bear. And in so doing, unleashed an even Greater Evil. A Great Spirit whose powers were said to be beyond even a host of Marids. It laid waste to all who were found in its rampaging path. Only the combined might of all the various Kingdom's Master Magicians and their demon familiars managed to take it down. This event was marked as the First Reckoning, and was what catalyzed reformations in the universal laws of summoning. After which only a select few were allowed to attempt summoning of mid-tier demons and become registered as Master Magician. The summoning must also be performed in full scrutiny of the appointed members of the Arcana Council.

A harrowing past for all humanity, one that seems to begin haunting the present after a century.

Why do we think so? Didn't you have that same dream? The one with the girl of moonlight hair and eyes of sapphire? It must mean something... musn't it?

~◘~

Hall of Dreams
full

⊰~RACES OF DEMONS~⊱

Begotten from Chaos. They are sentient entities, Demons often highly despise being called as such. Most would much rather be called Spirits. Dem-*cough* Spirits come in all sorts of shapes and sizes and power levels though they can be roughly classified into three categories. Indignor class for low leveled spirits, Insurgo for mid-tier, and Clades for high leveled spirits. There are of course, spirits who do not fall within these three broad categories, some lesser... and some even greater. When summoned into the world of Order, a demon suffers perpetual torment as their chaotic nature is continuously constricted by the very Laws that permeate unseen in the world of Order. Subsequently, Insurgo spirits and greater often take a physical form of a variety of animal-sized creatures that helps lessen the pain. Spirits are generally devious, and would often try to find ways to kill or get their Magicians killed. Nonetheless, once bound by magic, they are much more likely to succeed in the latter than the former as they are forbidden from acting to harm their Magician. More about Magicians and Spirits in the Section about Conjuration.

Spirits at a glance:
Spirit TypePowerBrawnElementSummoningPlane of Existence
Imp11-2AirPermittedHastarae
Foliot22Air, FirePermittedOranis
Utukku14AirPermittedIthbeth
Djinn3 - 63 - 4Air, FireRestrictedSanar
Sitri4 - 56AirRestrictedSanar
Horla4 - 54Air, FireRestrictedIthbeth
Daol35 - 6Air, EarthRestrictedIthbeth
Hisa-me3 - 63 - 4Air, WaterRestrictedRyell
Ifriti6 - 75Fire, AirRestrictedBelron
Marid8 - 107 - 10Air, ChaosHighly RestrictedBelron
Aos-Si10?10?Order? Chaos?Not KnownYreth

a0b068bea5521b87ff4524d7689736db.jpg
INDIGNOR CLASS
IMP - The lowliest of the gutter lows, imps barely have enough power to make it into the list of classified spirits. Nonetheless, they are especially useful for particular roles such as Search Spheres, due to their lack of presence giving them a semblance of stealthiness. Imps are commonly used by Magicians as messengers, sentries, lighting street lamps and other rudimentary roles.
Favoured Trinkets: Keychains and tarnished coins.
Personality: Disrespectful and terribly dull.
Favoured Form: Unable to shapeshift. Appears like some ugly bald winged baby... I mean, y'know how imps roughly look like... right?

FOLIOT - The most numerous of all Spirits employed by man, due to their relatively versatile power levels (basically not gutter-imp). They possess the most intelligence of all Indignor Spirits, nearly comparable to that of the Djinn. Foliots are also the only Indignors capable of shapeshifting, and considering their mild powers, suffer the least out of all Spirits when summoned into Order. Mayhap it is the reason why they make for one of the most companionable of familiars were Magicians. Foliots have rudimentary Evocation magic, capable of firing painful firebolts. They can also be used by Magicians as Mana Siphons to boost a Magician's powers. Foliots are commonly used as spies, errand-runners and guards.
Favoured Trinkets: Keychains.
Personality: Cheeky, amicable, but can be prone to petty squabble.
Favoured Form: Domestic cat-sized animals.

UTUKKU - Big and brawny, as far as Indignor Spirits go, Utukku make for great guardians though they are terribly stupid. They can go head-to-head with Djinns in physical combat, and their terribly low powers allow some Magicians to summon them en masse. They often hold various two-handed weapons and can be very efficient at using them.
Favoured Trinkets: Room decor.
Personality: Idiotic and dim-witted. Grudging.
Favoured Form: Six-foot buff and hairy humanoids with animal heads.

✧​

full
INSURGO CLASS
DJINN - Cunning, ingenious and exceptionally intelligent, Djinn are the Foliots of the Insurgo class of Spirits in that they are highly versatile. If lucky, a Magician may come across a particularly pleasant Djinn as their personalities range from the downright devilishly devious, to the upright noteworthy noble. They prefer to fight with spells and have a wide variety of Fire based Evocation magic and Air based Abjuration. Djinns are arguably equipped with the most ideal character and skillset of the servant-spirit classes. Despises Hisa-me.
Favoured Trinkets: Writing stationery and fashion accessories.
Personality: As varied as humans, but generally prideful.
Favoured Form: Domestic dogs. Perfect depictions of humans, though they have large irises which are always completely blue.

SITRI - Friendly spirits, Sitri are the only Spirits least known for their Chaotic nature and their amicability to their human masters are comparable only to the Foliots. Their actions and thoughts border on nobility, as they seem to want to try and impress their Magicians once bonded. Nonetheless. they can be somewhat clingy and can become upset if not enough attention is given. Due to their personalities, they can bind themselves to their Magicians turning both Spirit and Human into a powerful gargoyle-like creature capable of withstanding physical and magical attacks to a degree. Sitri do not have Evocation magic, though they have defensive Abjuration spells and will allow Mana siphoning to the Magician.
Favoured Trinkets: Fashion accessories, underwear/lingerie, clothing.
Personality: Clingy, easily hurt, noble.
Favoured Form: Birds of prey, cats, dogs, gargoyles.

HORLA - Arrogant, argumentative and impatient but surprisingly compliant to orders. Nevertheless, their loud mouths can be rather distracting and unsuitable for stealthy tasks. If left alone, Horla's will create mirror copies of themselves just so they can have an argument buddy. Horla's love Evocation magic, often firing off multiple barrages more so than necessary. They do not have Abjuration though they have their very own, illusion magic; they can make copies of themselves or their Magicians. Horlas despise Djinns as they are often made fun off for being only capable of living up to the Precept of Ithbeth, one step lower than Djinns, despite being of the same class.
Favoured Trinkets: Fashion accessories, gems.
Personality: Argumentative, cock-sure, impatient. Hates Djinns.
Favoured Form: Any dog-sized animal. Horned winged red-skinned humanoid demon females.

DAOL - Detached and easily spaced-out, Daol's are nonetheless extremely resilient Spirits even among the Insurgo class. Unless their Masters are in danger, they are prone to sloth and gluttony. Daol's are also shy of their form, as they do not have the capacity to imagine themselves as anything other than a large glob of amorphous pearlescent goo. Despite that, they would be happy if given armor pieces and would happily trudge around as disembodied magical armor, armor which they can bring back with them to stash in their dwelling realm of Ithbeth. Daol's are the only Spirit that has an avid interest in consuming human food e.g. forks, spoons and other utensils. It is thought that consuming metals helps lessen the pain of their Summoning, as they have an unimpressive form. It's also thought that this is what makes them the only Spirits that were capable of going toe-to-toe in melee with the ancient golems without being utterly crushed by the magic dispelling earth elementals. Daol's do not have Evocation magic, but they have Earth-based Abjuration magic. They also prefer to fight in the melee, donning their gifted armor.
Favoured Trinkets: Weapons and kitchen utensils.
Personality: Distracted, lazy, detached. Shy if caught without 'their' armor. Sometimes would steal armor from their Magicians and be reluctant to give it back.
Favoured Form: Amorphous sludge. Any form of animated armor.

Hisa'me - Hisa'me are the epitome of beauty and they know it. Often donning the form of lithe buxom women or tall strapping studs decked out in evening finery no matter the occasion, they are a haughty and arrogant breed of dem- *spirit. Nevertheless, if one can look past their considerable assets, you will notice the bat-like wings, the too-black irises, and dangerous looking tail and probably want to get the hell out of dodge. Unless you're their Magician, then please get ahold of your demon before they seduce the soul out of some poor sod. Hisa'me are dangerously cunning despite their languid outlook, and are known to be able to transfix and hypnotize humans if one stares too long into their depthless eyes. Unbound Hisa'me are known to seduce hapless victims seeking the promise of carnal lust, before consuming their souls for a slow and excruciatingly painful death. Hisa'me are despised by Djinn for being able to dwell in the higher Precept of Ryell.
Favoured Trinkets: Fashion accessories, diaries.
Personality: Languorous, seductive, cunning. Resists orders.
Favoured Form: Exotic mythical animals. Humanoid with black irises, demon tail and bat-like wings that can be folded in.

IFRITI - The most powerful of the Insurgo class of Spirits, Ifriti are spirits of smoldering fire. An Ifriti's mood is as volatile as the surge of flames. While never considered friendly, they can be uncharacteristically subservient at odd moments. Most of the time, they will eye you like a bug waiting to be crushed by their sheer power. Ifriti are brash, and will sometimes carry out orders too literally and excessively. Be wary what you ask of them.
Favoured Trinkets: Amulets only.
Personality: Arrogant and aloof. Rarely subservient. Resists orders. Takes things too literally.
Favoured Form: Large horned beasts. A tall red-skinned human with eyes of flame and hooved feet.

✧​

full
CLADES CLASS
MARID - The most powerful out of all summonable Spirits, a Marid's mere pressence will crush an Imp simply by being too close to that trash piece of impcake. Marid's usually require at least 2 Master Magicians to be able to contain their initial summons, and most immediately be bound to a powerful magical trinket, else their Magician risks having his mind and willpower crushed by the sheer effort of maintaining the summons. Marids leave behind essences of their power wherever they move, allowing them to be easily tracked and sensed, making them obviously unsuitable to clandestine operations. Marids prefer to fight with their bare hands and overpowering power, though they can fire powerful attacks of chaotic Evocation magic. They do not have Abjuration magic. Marids are hubristic and imperious, disdainful of humans, constantly boasting of their power and what they would do to end all of humankind. I WILL SQUASH YOU BENEATH MY FEET AND YOU WILL BEG FOR MERCY RAAAAA!
Favoured Trinkets: Powerful magical artifacts.
Personality: Rebellious. Disdainful of Magicians. Hubristic. Somewhat masochistic. Highly resistant to orders.
Favoured Form: A large demonic entity easily over ten feet tall. Alternate forms are for weaklings.

AOS SI - An enigma to all, not a single Aos Si has been summoned in centuries and all records of their True Names have been lost since The Great Quiet. Some ancient texts mention the Aos Si as Children of the Calaseld.
Favoured Trinkets: The Aos Si are said to love musical instruments.
Personality: Unknown.
Favoured Form: Not known.

✧​

⊰~SCHOOLS OF MAGIC~⊱

c7525dbaf38efd42f323f112c8677238.jpg
Conjuration
First School of Magic -
Conjuration is the primary and main form of magic which all aspiring Magicians must learn. To become a Magician one must receive extensive schooling in this art, which requires meticulous memorization of pentacles and rune patterns, proper articulation of chants and deft drawing skills. All of which goes into drawing the perfect summoning pentacle, as even a single mistake can cost a Magician's life. Stepping out of the pentacle during a summoning breaks the protection spell. Thus, all demons will try every trick in the book to trick, coerce or even force (with sheer power of presence) a Magician to misstep. Due to the complexities involved and high tuition fees at Academies, not all can afford to study to become a Magician, let alone complete their studies. As such, Magicians are usually made up of the high-middle income, upper-class and nobles. Pentacles and runes are drawn with powdered gemstone chalks and finished off with a drop of blood from the summoner; a pair must be drawn, one for the summoner and one for the demon. Conjurers are capable of summoning two distinct magics. Demons and Arcane Objects.

Demon Summoning - Except for Imps and Utukku, all other demons must be summoned by the Magician uttering their True Name with perfect enunciation. Imps are summoned by simply adding Mugwort Herb to the summoning chalice within the etched pentacle, while Utukku are summoned by simply uttering any one, two or three-syllable words; as they have stupid naming conventions. Knowledge of a demon's True Name not only allows the summoning, but also gives the Magician some measure of control over the demon. A demon must be extant and not bonded with another Magician or object for it to answer the summoning. True Names are powerful tools that can even be used by the demon to resist a Magician, as such, all Magicians are given an alternate name at birth. True Names are almost never shared amongst Magicians unless there is good reason to do so. When summoned from The Other Side, a demon is said to be anchored to one of the Seven Precepts, a place to which it can be banished to recuperate from the agonies of being summoned. The greater the demon, the higher the dwelling Precept. This is also how Djinns and greater demons can distinguish other demons by seeing their true forms, even despite their shapeshifting. Once bonded to a Magician, a demon can have their essences bound into a trinket. This allows the Magician to quickly summon the Demon; without which a pentacle must be drawn again. The Precepts in order of increasing depth are:

Arcane Objects - Conjuration school of magic also allows Magicians to cast magical objects which can be used to punish their own or harm hostile demons.

✧​

3a05ab407c02ecffa20b133da87b292e.jpg
Evocation
Second School of Magic - Evocation magic is the creating of a desired effect from a seemingly unseen source of power. It concerns the casting of primarily offensive elemental spells to harm or even kill other demons or humans. Elemental schools within Evocation are Air, Fire, Water and Earth. Despite humankind's proficiency in this school of magic, they are nonetheless easily outclassed by their demon counterparts who can cast Evocation magic of greater magnitude. To cast Evocation magic, a Magician must draw spell runes with hand gestures. The more complicated the spell, the longer it takes to draw.

✧​

ef8e7ec49f34e87cc4ac814cc5095278.jpg
Abjuration
Third School of Magic - Abjuration magic encompasses all protective, warding and nullifying spells. Abjuration creates physical and magical barriers, cast trigger wards as well as dispelling other wards. While Abjuration can involve the same elements as Evocation magic, it is not limited to Elemental effects. Demons cannot cast non-elemental Abjuration magic, but can buff their Magician master's spells. Similar to Evocation, all Abjuration magic requires the etching of magical runes either by hand gestures or drawn with gemstone chalk.

✧​

667c9bf6a03c85d230299492893db650.jpg
Enchantech
Fourth School of Magic - The fourth school of magic involves the blending of lots of forced-labour imps and clockwork mechanic technology. Enchantech enables the creation of powerful magical items, by binding demons of varying powers to masterwork objects. Enchantech is terribly exhaustive and mana demanding. As such even binding Djinns to objects requires an insane amount of effort or sometimes, multiple Magicians to complete the task. As such, Magicians who work alone prefer to utilize a whole army of low-level trash imps which can be a more efficient way to work. One such example are those who aspire to become Dragoons, the magical law-enforcers of the Arcana Council. Dragoons are Magicians that utilize imps in compacted 'canisters' to power rifles that shoot a specially purified substance called silverite. Silverite only causes bruising to humans but can be extremely deadly towards demons. Due to the added physical demands that Enchantech requires, the syllabus usually includes some form of physical training. Nonetheless, do not underestimate the strength of demons. Even the weakest of Djinns are as strong as the strongest human.

Whenever an Enchanter casts an Enchantech spell, the veins on their hands and eyes light up in what is known as the Enchanter's Tracer. What starts off as a faint white glow, slowly takes on a colour unique to each Enchanter. By level 3, individual colours should be clearly distinguishable. The colours grow in intensity as the Enchanter grows in rank.

✧​

⊰~THE LANDS OF FERIA~⊱

The world of Feria is divided into three large continent islands, with a smaller neutral island city set in the middle. The Western continent is ruled by the imperious Kal'Borian Warlock Conclave in the Ivory Tower, in their capital Tal`Vastok. The Eastern rocky and sandswept deserts are ruled by the Hinokian Monarchy from the Starspire, in their capital city of Almaradamri. The cold Northlands are dotted by smaller city-states, each ruled by a baron or count. The largest citystate and default capital is Ishngard. Finally, in the middling islands set in the middle of the Cerulean Sea and shrouded by magical fog, lies Highover, a small city governed by the Principle Magician of the Arcana Council at Highover Institute of Magic.

b9673293ade4d53f49ef7f00bc4b80f0.jpg
Highover Institute of Magic. The oldest of all the Great Magic Schools and founding place of the Arcana Council, a taskforce of the most elite and powerful Magicians in charge of ensuring all nations adhere to the stipulated regulations of demonic summoning and magic use. Every year, schools from all over the land send their top senior students to an annual event dubbed, The Reckoning. If they pass the test, they will graduate as Master Magicians and granted an internship within the Arcana Council. It is a shortcut to the most prestigious and revered career in all four lands. Set atop a stone plinth in the Great Hall of Highover Institute is the Ardenstone. A magical artifact of immense power. All chosen candidates of the school must first place their hands on the Ardenstone to see if they are worthy for the test.

c2cee49596070bbdcc10875907eaa4dc.jpg
Sorcera al`Miransar. The Hinokian Empire's largest sorcerer school is located beside the Starspire within Almaradamri. Magicians from Sorcera al`Miransar have been known to summon powerful Horla and Ifriti. A legion of Golems, relics from a forgotten past lie dormant throughout the perimeter of Almaradamri.

f4ba0b425c73dc412c85dbbc9f6f731f.jpg
The Ivory Tower. A great marvel of magic piercing the blue expanse above the Kal`Borian capital of Tal`Vastok. It is the seat of their power and largest Magician school of the Kal'Borian Warlocks. Magicians trained at the Ivory Tower are known for summoning incredibly powerful and intelligent Djinn. The Ivory Watch, Kal'Boria's esteemed law enforcers are known for their adept Sitri enhanced fighting art.

The Grishelgroft Academy of Wizardry. Set in the largest citystate of Ishngard in the Northlands. It is as rugged and hardened as the stalwart Northland men, faced with the cold and storm tossed rocky cliffs. Grishelgroft Magicians are known for their use of staunch Daols. Due to the large array of isolated hamlets and towns, the Northlands are prime skulking grounds for unbound Hisa-me.

⊰~LOREBOOKS~⊱

C O N J U R A T I O N

A brief inexhaustible list of magic spells. Mostly used to give a rough idea of Magic proficiency to spell magnitudes.

CONJURATION:
Red-hot Stipples1ConjurationSears the flesh of demons inflicting pain. Ineffective against humans.
Punitive Jab2ConjurationA magical stab at the essence of a demon. A spell of unique magnitudes as it would hurt a Djinn no more than it would hurt an Imp. Probably a Marid too, except they might like it.
Astral Hands2ConjurationSummons an astral projection of the Magician's main hand that mimics their actions up to 10 feet away.
Stricture3ConjurationWeaves spellthreads or chains (depending on power of Magician) to bind demons and humans alike. Full concentration must be maintained to sustain the spell.
Essence Rack3ConjurationTears at the essence of demons causing intense pain. May even kill demons, if powerful enough.
Astral Slap4ConjurationSummons an astral projection of the Magician's main hand that is up to ten times stronger than the caster. Only lasts 1 second.
Mournful Orb5ConjurationConjures a shimmering blue orb around a target, demon or human. Nullifies all magic inside and causes intense pain to demons when they touch it. It is used to trap demons for an indefinite amount of time and can be shrunk in size.
Stimulating Compass6ConjurationActivates the five corners of a Pentacle, instantly strengthening its barriers and causing arcs of electricity to zap the demon caught inside.
Bladefall6Conjuration + Enchantech*Requires Enchantech Level 4*. Requires a true magical weapon. Bladefall calls forth multiple copies of the Magician's magical weapon and by sustaining the spell's power, they can turn the weapons into extremely powerful magical lances to strike at their target. Once the spell is cast, the copies of the weapon float in a ring around the Magician and can be shifted with basic movements. Long cast time.
Shriveling Fire7ConjurationA blast of pure arcane energy that pierces and tears at the essence of a demon. Powerful enough to even stun a Marid at its lowest levels of proficiency. Can kill demons. Will cause extreme lethargy against humans.
Caltalimanstasis8ConjurationBinds a target to the caster and traps both in an unbreakable magical cage. Both the Magician and his/her target are unable to directly harm each other. It is suspected that Caltalimanstasis draws upon an unknown source of power other than mana, allowing the Magician to bind a target far beyond their usual power. An extremely difficult spell to cast, as it requires the use of an elaborate pentacle. Said to be the most difficult pentacle to draw, as it layers multiple magical runes within each other, and can only be drawn with the target already in the unfinished pentacle
Storm of Crows9ConjurationSummons a near-endless flock (depending on mana) of furious magical crows that surges and flows depending on the will of the Magician. They tear into foes with frenzied abandon and cause great mayhem disrupting any abilities of others that require extended concentration. Long cast time.
Wings of Eclipse9ConjurationUpon casting Storm of Crows, the magical avians can be directed to surround a small area around the Magician with a dense shifting body of magical crows. They take all elemental and physical damage directed to the Magician. Instantaneous.

E V O C A T I O N

A brief inexhaustible list of magic spells. Mostly used to give a rough idea of Magic proficiency to spell magnitudes.

EVOCATION
Fire/Ice/Earth/Lightningbolts1EvocationFires shards of associated elements to harm targets.
Iluma Diuturus2EvocationSummon a floating elemental ball to provide light. Elemental balls are self sustaining up to a minute. Multiple balls can be cast, up to 5.
Creeping Ice2EvocationCovers an area from the cast out several yards towards the intended target, temporarily encasing their feet in hard ice.
Font2EvocationCasts a powerful torrent of water, powerful enough to knock humans off their feet.
Shocking Grasp3EvocationCasts a burst of pure electrical energy from the fingers to a close distance in front of the caster. Very scalable magic and can be very powerful if the strength of the caster if high enough.
Lightning Whip3EvocationConjures a long lashing whip of lightning.
Groundsmack4EvocationErupts a chunk of magical earth out from any unworked ground (worked ground diminishes effects), physically damaging all who are hit. Particularly effective against most demons, as they are spirits of air and susceptible to earth.
Iluma Invehitur4EvocationBuilds upon iluma diuturus. Given time, the Magician can overcharge the elemental balls to the point where they suddenly burst out a concentrated energy of the associated elemental power. Flurry of ice shards, torrents of needle-sharp penetrating water jets, molten flame, crushing rock or devastating streams of lightning.
Contorting Frost5EvocationA more powerful font is cast, and as it douses the victim fully submerging it the water is immediately frozen, forcing the victim's limbs to be trapped at angles according to the Magician's whim. May even kill less stronger foes. Although a complex spell, cast time is short. Nevertheless, it is very exhausting for low levels to cast.
Frost Nova5EvocationAn instantaneous burst of icy crystalline shards that flies in all directions around the caster.
Elemental Craft6EvocationSkillful mastery of the elements allows the Evoker to shape the elements into any object at whim. Various elements can be mixed where physically possible (ice can be weaved in with earth, but not with fire). The elemental objects are also subjected to the element's inherent physical nature. (Ice and earth being capable of forming solids. Wind can sustain a caster's weight through a contained rush of air in a particular direction). This spell must be sustained and will be canceled if the Magician loses focus.
Searing Lance6EvocationThe Magician summons a searing lance of intense heat to burn a hole through heavy defenses. Longer cast time, a full post, will allow the caster to maintain a continuous stream of molten heat until exhaustion.
Fireblast6EvocationThe Magician flings a large molten fireball at a target location which detonates with explosive force upon impact. Moderate cast time.
Hailstorm7EvocationCalls down freezing hailstorms over a small area to freeze and strike at foes. Long cast time, only caster is immune.
Cataclysm8Evocation + Conjuration*Requires Conjuration Level 3* The discordance of primal elements, forced to unite in parallel streams. Each seeking to overpower the other in the necessity for the pureness of their inherent nature. A raging fury of raw power, it is said that in the cacophony of colliding Primals the Song of Chaos is heard. A song that is answered in the form of a blazing elemental wyrm. This embodiment of power is known as the Cataclysm, only seemingly alive for the echoes of a forgotten Song. Streaking out of the heavens to strike at the target. The Wyrm will remain for an unknown amount of time, indiscriminately attacking all within reach. Long cast time. Spell not inherent. Must be learned.
Lumina Dominus10EvocationWhen one truly understands the resonance of each Primal flow, only then will the Song of Order be heard. A harmonious echo of creation, binding all in the Plane of Making that when heard, will unravel all into its Primal form. A willing soul must be crushed, and from its cracked core, a burst of pure brilliant light will blaze forth undoing all caught in its blinding glare. An ancient spell, referenced but not detailed, rumored but not heard or seen. Spell not inherent. Must be learned.

A B J U R A T I O N

ABJURATION
Flux1AbjurationBasic and most practical abjuration spell. Casts a ball of arcane energy to counteract other casted magic, sending their energies back to its original plane (not reflecting), nullifying the attack. Nullifying powers depend on the powers of the Magician.
Mirrorwall2AbjurationInstantly throws up defensive sheets of ice to divert magical attacks. Mostly used as a last resort and can only be spelled immediately in front of the caster.
Hardened Armor2AbjurationCovers the target in a hardened shell of earth magic, used primarily on humans as it can harm demons.
Windwall3AbjurationConjures a sudden gust of powerful wind in a particular direction forming a curtain of rushing air, tossing objects caught in it away. Only used in very close proximity to the caster.
Protect3AbjurationCovers a target in ephemeral arcane armor. When the shield is overcome, it explodes outwards with a bang, disorientating the attacker.
Acrobatic Winds4AbjurationTriples the dexterity of a target. The target must already have a minimum dexterity of level 3 to be in full control of their actions.
Exoterra (earth)/Exocrixies(ice)4AbjurationTriples the strength of a target with a shifting elemental exoskeleton.
Chromatic Dissonance4AbjurationCollides a conflux of all elemental energies together in an explosive detonation. Although most of the energies are nullified, the resulting explosion can stun even Clades class demons for a modest amount of time.
Reinvigorating Winds4AbjurationA gale of refreshing winds sweeps across a small area, calming minds and heartening shattered wills. Replenishes stamina and mana. Moderate cast time.
Wards5AbjurationWarding spells can be employed to a wide variety of effects, but takes time to be set up as runes must be etched over a particular area. Can be used simply to keep harm away, or cause temporary paralysis to trespassers. A Magician can attempt to dispell other wards, provided they know what sort of ward it is.
Telekinesis5AbjurationBasic manipulations of pulling, throwing, carrying and rotating of any objects a third of the Magician's weight up to ten feet away. Spell must be sustained.
Counterspell5Abjuration + PerceptionThe Magician uses their perception trait to attempt to disassemble or disrupt the casting of another spell. Perception trait must be equal to the level of the countered spell. Mana is expanded twice, once for Counterspell and whatever mana had been used to cast/complete the countered spell.
Elemental Craft6AbjurationSkillful mastery of the elements allows the Abjurer to shape the elements into any object at whim. Various elements can be mixed where physically possible (ice can be weaved in with earth, but not with fire). The elemental objects are also subjected to the element's inherent physical nature. (Ice and earth being capable of forming solids. Wind can sustain a caster's weight through a contained rush of air in a particular direction). This spell must be sustained and will be cancelled if the Magician loses focus. Regardless of length of use, the Magician will be unable to cast another spell after ending Elemental Craft for a few seconds. Short cast time.
Essence Mend6AbjurationA healing spell to speed up the natural healing process of both demon and human alike. Target is unable to move for a full turn or more depending on injury. A very exhaustive spell.
Anima Doloris6AbjurationA spell found from in an unmarked tomb from the time before the Great Silence. Drains the life essence of any living entity through touch, channelling it to a target to greatly speed up healing. Marginally effective when used on self, most optimal when the life essence is channelled to others. Anima Doloris works on the environment as well. Prolonged and excessive usage will cause the Magician to develop Crown Sickness, where sickly black veiny marks will encircle their brow causing intermittent agonizing headaches. If the warnings are ignored, their bodies will be wrecked with utter torment as they will feel like their very nerves are on fire. The dark veiny corruption will spread throughout their body. At this stage, the only way to lessen the pain is to continue to drain the essence of other living beings, a skill which the sufferer will no longer have any definite control of and which now affects a small area around the person; as opposed to touch. Most die from the unbearable pain. Spell not inherent. Must be learned.
Chrysalis7AbjurationCreates an iridescent cacoon of multiple elemental powers, intertwining and working with each other in perfect tandem to form an extremely powerful shield. Shield is large enough to cover a dome ten feet in diameter. Long cast time.
Fateweave9AbjurationEarly Abjurers chanced upon the Fateweave spell when they attempted to duplicate and perform a spell from the Old World. The spell did not succeed as intended, and the tome was subsequently lost. Nevertheless, a new spell was discovered. Fateweave binds the Magician's soul to another, intertwining the entirety of their lives so closely for a short period of time that both will experience flashes of the other's memories. Whatever fate should befall the bound, will be negated and instead be dealt to the Magician. Should the bound be hurt in any way, they will not experience any pain but the damage will be dealt to the Magician as if it were they who were hurt. Moderate cast time. Spell not inherent. Must be learned.
Broken Empyrea10Abjuration + ???A spell of the Old World. The only mentions of the spell are described in the crumbling notes of early Abjurers who sought to inscribe a spell they discovered in an Old World grimoire which was never found. It states that the caster slices a rift through all the realms at the point which they stand, distorting reality. Although, the effects of the distortion seems to affect the caster more than any other. At the start of the spell, the spell judge's the Magician's heart and identifies friend from foe caught in the separate reality. All Spirits are said to be desummoned or banished, except for what the inscriptions write as 'Greater Beings'. During this time, the Magician can choose to immediately swap places with all the spell deems their 'friend' and they would temporarily gain 'strength' while their 'friend' grows 'weak'. Whether 'strength' refers to physical strength or some other force remains unclear. Spell not inherent. Must be learned.

E N C H A N T E C H

ENCHANTECH
Toymaking1EnchantechBasic craftsmanship training that teaches Enchanters to tinker.
Smithing1EnchantechRequires use of an Enchanters Workstation. Basic craftsmanship training to teach Enchanters to shape metals.
Transvertatus1EnchantechThe most basic of Enchantech spells. Reagents can be prepared in advance into vials which upon dousing a certain area, will change the physical nature of the non-living surface randomly. Most common effects are burning a hole in the ground or turning an area into sticky goo. More effective on 'un-worked' substances.
Enhance2EnchantechThrough countless research into material fragmentation the Enchanter can now reinforce any material they have come across more than once, strengthening and improving upon its physical properties twice over. Does not require a workstation.
Essence Condensate2EnchantechThe Enchanter is now able to construct their own Impcanister and powerup silverite bullets. They gain access to Imprifles. Requires workstation. Imprifle upgrades may be discovered by chance, during which the Enchanter must speak to a higher ranking Enchanter to gain the knowledge and skill required to perform the rifle upgrades.
Elixus2EnchantechA special brew of liquefied mana using various alchemical ingredients. Provides a boost to spells when consumed, depending on the quality of the Elixus brewed. Side effects include chromatic vision, feelings of invincibility, followed by temporary hallucination and uncontrollable giggles (consumer will see random objects and people as overly large toys). Requires a workstation.
Ignifer3EnchantechUses mana to perform essence compression on Imps turning the Impcanisters into high explosive Ignifers. Ignifers will eventually detonate causing significant harm to spirits, greatly disorientating humans. Imprifles can use Ignifers to fire a powerful shot.
Petricigacio3EnchantechUses Mana Crystalization techniques to synthesize Petricigacio crystals. These crystals can store Evocation and Abjuration spells casted by the appropriate Magician. However, the strength of the stored spells both depends on the casting Magician and the skill of the Enchanter in making high-quality crystals. Petricigacio crystals can also be primed and flung at certain other spells (mostly Evocation based) which enhances the effects of the spell and also prematurely detonate it. Premature detonation only works if the crystal has enough power to match the oncoming spell. Requires a workstation to synthesize crystals.
Doriuxius' Athanor4EnchantechUsing a particular set of runes, an Enchanter can send a small container the size of a backpack to a pocket dimension. The container must have been synthesized from scratch and can only hold select objects; mostly items previously made by the Enchanter. At this stage, Doriuxius' Athanor is only usable as a portable workstation for the Enchanter, and as such, allows them to work literally anywhere. To be frank, the Enchanter has no idea where this 'pocket dimension' actually exists. Logically, the Athanor seems to increase in size based on Enchanter skill.
Imp Cascader4EnchantechAn upgrade applied to Impcanisters, allowing them to mark contained imps which attracts *you guessed it* more imps! Imps no longer need to be summoned separately in advance, as long as the Cascader is not destroyed. Cascaders can be primed and detonated for even greater effect, as well as used to overcharge Imprifles for an even more powerful shot, which can overheat the rifle. Overheating and shot strengths depend on the rifle's build.
Aeshel's Theory of Everything5Enchantech + Conjuration*Requires Conjuration Level 3*. The Enchanter can make anything they have ever made before in their hands in the of several seconds (if the item is simple e.g. Petricigacio crystals), as long as they have the required materials in their Athanor. However, objects created through this spell will always be much more inferior compared to those created normally and does not include complex contraptions like Imprifles. Additionally, the caster can duplicate non-rare materials that they currently possess. Duplicates are inferior in quality to the original and has a long cast time.
Trentini's Silverlight6Enchantech + Conjuration + Abjuration*Requires Conjuration Level 3*. *Requires Abjuration Level 2* The Enchanter can quickly summon destructible silverite armor and melee weapons at will, as long as the materials are available in the Athanor. Lined with Petricigacio dust, these equipment can withstand powerful Magical attacks and divert the force of the attack away at the cost of the equipment. However, if too far from the Enchanter, the equipment quickly loses their integrity. Spell not inherent. Must be learned.
Bahamuth's Torrent6Enchantech + Conjuration + Evocation*Requires Conjuration Level 3*. *Requires Evocation Level 2* The Enchanter uses his or her mana to duplicate and enhance their Imprifle, temporarily opening up Athanors in the immediate vicinity around them to bring all their firepower to bear for a limited span of time. The Enchanter must have a bond with an Insurgo or greater demon capable of Evocation magic. Spell not inherent. Must be learned.
Loftgarden's Legion6Enchantech + Conjuration*Requires Conjuration Level 4*. Uses shortcuts via an innate understanding of Conjuration and expert grasp of Enchantech to quickly summon silverite suits of armor housing imps under command of the Enchanter. As imps aren't the brightest of demons, part of the Enchanter's consciousness must be directed towards commanding the imps, otherwise they will be off doing odd things. Initial learning of this spell allows up to three Silverite Imps. Other than melee weapons, Silverite Imps can be armed with Imprifles. However, these Silverite Imps take much longer and more materials to summon. Spell not inherent. Must be learned.
Spirit Binding8EnchantechThe Enchanter is finally capable of binding Spirits to enhanced trinkets or weapons, making them capable of making True Magic items. However, multiple Magicians are required to lend their strength and will if the demon is too powerful.
N P C s

• A compilation of notable NPCs and Creatures in the world of Memento

⊰~INDEX~⊱

Empyrea - Highest Heavens. A mythical place said to be the final resting place for all creatures both demon and man. A place where we become One with the Valinûr.

By the Seven! - Often spoken as an exclamation. A reference to the benevolent Seven Brightredeemers. Hastarae. Oranis. Ithbeth. Sanar and Ryell. Belron. Yreth.

Brightredeemers - Said to be seven powerful Magicians, although some sources claim they were Aos Si. Still others claim them as Calaselds, and even some claim them to be Magicians possessed by Aos Si. It was the Brightredeemers who saved all of Mankind from Terror the Unspeakable, an ancient forgotten horror that caused the Great Silence.

The Great Silence - A time just over a thousand years ago, wherein no one and no record have etched a substantial depiction of what life had been before then. Not even the demons have accurate memories of what had been before, despite obviously having been summoned. The Great Silence was said to be caused by the hubris of mankind, when the world was drenched in chaos of war, an ancient evil was unleashed in the pursuit of power. The period before The Great Silence is called the Old World.

The Seven Precepts - Seven planes that separate The Other Side from the world of Order. No Magician knows how to get to the Precepts, though evidence suggests that it really exists. Some records say it is a place filled with neverending smog and a wide slow moving river, through which all departed souls flow. A demon can be in its True Form while in the Precepts.

Sidhe Finnachad - A place of legend, said to be the realm of Dreams and Possibilities. The Tribunal of Time within Sidhe Finnachad is where the fabled Seed is kept, holding the fabrics of reality in place.

The First Reckoning - Happened about a century ago when a student from one of the old Great Nobles Houses attempted to summon a Marid. The summoning went awry and ended up unleashing a Great Spirit that wrecked havoc all across the four lands. It was killed only by the combined might of a legion of Master Magicians and their demons.

The Betrayer - A person whose name and House has been forcibly erased from history. Rumours has it that the Betrayer was actually just a young student at Highover.

Nullreiwmer - Nullreiwmers make up perhaps 5% of society at large. Nullreiwmers are people born with an innate resistance to elemental and demon magic. Some have partial resistance, some even have full resistance. Nonetheless, they can still be harmed by physical means like any normal human. Nullreiwmers cannot cast Evocation and Abjuration magic.

Golems - A hulking construct of clay, supposedly made by the olden Sorcerors of the Hinokian Empire. Most are found as dormant statues situated all around Almaradamri, though they can be found elsewhere. Nobody knows how to create a golem, though banned tomes explain of the sacrifice of twenty full Nullreiwmers to create a single golem. Almost all Indignor and Insurgo demons would cower at the sight of a golem, speaking of them as indestructible monstrosities.

Nobles - The Noble houses of the four lands are an esteemed class of people, and are what makes up for the majority of Magicians as mere commoners often would not be able to afford to complete schooling.

Silverite - A carefully purified form of silver mineral and activated by the essence of demons. It causes extreme pain when in contact with demons and may even kill them. Silverite was first discovered by three great Enchanters from three noble houses. They became known as The Paragons of Silver. Nowadays, there are multiple manufacturers of Silverite. However, Paragon Silverite is still the purest and deemed the most potent of all Silverites.

Dragoon - The elite magical enforcers of Feria. Dragoons work alongside the Master Magicians and both are considered members of the Arcana Council based in Highover. They keep the lands safe from disturbances from unbound demons that manage to cross through rifts from The Other Side.

The Paragons of Silver - Comprised of 3 Noble Houses. Centuries ago, three Enchanters, one from each House worked together and came out with a novel alchemical substance now known as Silverite. Contrary to popular misconception, silverite is not made out of silver, but rather a liquid metal that is similar in appearance to silver.
As an overview: Silverite ore is synthesised with solian crystals to produce unrefined silverite > Unrefined silverite is purified into the silverite which Dragoons and Enchanters commonly use.
1. House al''Mirani of the Hinokian Empire controls the largest share in the mining of silverite ore - which is mostly found in the Hinokian Deserts. They also have a clan secret technique in synthesising the ore.
2. House Handumal of the Northlands supplies the high grade solian crystals (which are also used in the manufacture of Skyships) as well as the Feria renowned Handumal Athanors that al`Mirani use to synthsise the ore.
3. House Duchanteau is the only one capable of purifying the unrefined silverite to an exceptional grade.

Magician's Mandate - A law which allows Magicians to demand immediate compensation or exact self-defined appropriate punishment upon any commoner who has wronged them. There is no strict regulation about what sort of punishment is deemed appropriate, as long as there is no loss of life or maiming. The Magician's Mandate is a sore wound that further exacerbates the divide between Magician and non-Magician classes.

###########################

Last edited:
full

~FAQS~

1. Are people from Highover mostly born in other places & move there & eventually start a family there or are they a race by themselves like the hinokian, northlanders, etc
There have always been people in Highover, what with their school being the only one to be known to exist from the ravages of what was The Great Silence. Though the records say that at that point, there really was only a tiny hamlet which appeared to be servants and staff at Highover Castle (Later known as Highover Institute of Magic).

Every other school was founded after that, though its been a matter of debate for Sorcera al'Miransar, supposedly reenacted from the ruins of the old school. But as far as still standing structures after The Great Silence, only Highover fits the bill. Till now, I briefly mentioned it, there is a magical fog that covers the central isles, preventing all uninvited guests from finding the Isles of Highover. Nonetheless, you may obtain invitations either through direct means (e.g. Reckoning candidates) or by applying at various establishments of the Arcana Council throughout the known lands. In this way, the Arcana Council is able to control the population of the Isles of Highover.

But you're both correct, in that by now, much of the Town of Highover comprises of immigrants who have come from outside at some point in time during the thousand years. Of course, they're pretty self-sustaining at this point.

That being said, the magical fog that surrounds the Highover Isles does prevent uninvited guests from finding the islands. Most who have found a home within Highover are largely those that have come on direct invitation from the Arcana Council, or an application process from any of the Highover Embassies located throughout the known lands.

2. Another question: when you bond with a Sitri to become a gargoyle, considering that the spirits can't use Evocation magic, could the magician still perform their normal levels of Evocation then?
No and yes. Not initially. It'll feel like trying to throw a punch while you hold your hand down with the other hand. But as both Magician and Sitri become stronger (on the Magician's side) and closer in understanding. Then yes. The greatest Master Magicians with Sitri's even know how to perform Mana Siphon in gargoyle form; but that takes lots and lots and lots and lots of work, no amount of talent or even to a certain extent, practice can muster. Only experience and patient understanding.[/b]

3. Is there a way to channel the power of an impcannister/ignifer into a normal blade? Or even retrieve the silverite to spread on the weapon?
No. But a blade may be lined with silverite and a magician with power may activate it enough for the blade to be particularly lethal to spirits. However, the 'lining' process has to be done at forging or subsequent reforging of the weapon. Daol's, in particular, are given silverite melee weapons since they seem to favour might over magic. Their own soul essence being obv much more powerful than an impcanister imp. A magician could activate the silverite in their own weapons too in the same manner, but only barely. Just enough such that a standard steel blade (albeit forged with the addition Silverite) could at least have some measure of cutting edge against spirits, as opposed to being totally blunt no matter how sharp it is

4. How does using a demon's true name to control them work? Must you first summon them or can it still be used otherwise? Also, if a spirit has already been summoned but not bound to anything or anyone, can it be re-summoned?
Knowing and uttering a demon's true name forces them to answer a Magician's call when a proper summoning pentacle is drawn, provided the demon is extant and not otherwise bound. However, if the demon is in Feria and is unbound the forced summon effect is greatly diminished. During the summoning and binding process, true names give the Magician a kind of magical advantage (a faux buff to willpower) that allows them to bind the otherwise more magically powerful spirit to their will. Sounds kinda insubstantial and vague but it is more of a passive 'skill' if you will. Additionally, when bound, knowing demon true names allows the Magician to compel the demon to do their bidding. The more powerful the demon, the more likely they are to resist the compulsion. Resistance to orders can be partial or full. Full resistance is rare, and often forewarns of a tenuous bind and likelihood of the demon breaking free. Most of the time, it is partial resistance. A request will be done, but delayed. Words purposely misinterpreted. Inherent personalities of demons also affect this. The more times a Magician summons a demon to their pentacle, without binding it, the less likely the demon will be compelled to answer the next call. If a demon has been summoned by a pentacle but not bound to anything or anyone, it will simply return to The Other Side. Or run rampant without control. All the above is true under normal circumstances.

There is still much about the whole process which the Magicians do not fully understand. Especially with regards to Old World, pre-Great Silence practices.

5. Can Flux interrupt a noncomplete spell? Like if someone were in the middle of casting or about to cast a spell, could it halt the assembly? Or let's say, the character casts a flux spell in anticipation of their opponent's next move (in the RP), would its success depend on their perception stat or dexterity?
Also what are the effects to the spell caster who hasn’t manage to finish casting a spell?

Flux is a projectile. A lil ball of translucent white It cannot interrupt incomplete spells. Casting in anticipation of an opponent's next move depends on both perception and dexterity.

In general, there is no backlash to an incomplete spell other than a loss of Energy.

6. What is the significance of telling someone your true name
if you offer your true name to someone, you must (usually) be madly in love. As even amongst Magician couples some get married without knowing their partner's True Name. Given Magicians are often nobles with their own associated political baggage, add the mixture of magicians vying for power and you have a pot of distrust soup. Knowing someone's true name means you can offer it to whichever demon they attempt to bind. If a demon knows the Magician's true name, the magician can no longer compel the demon (or finds it very difficult to do so). Bear in mind 99.999% of demons hate humans, especially magicians, to varying degrees. So if your true name is busted, your career as a Magician will very likely be ruined.

There are exceptions of course, as Regalia Loftgarden goes by her true name. However she has a good name even amongst demons and is one of the few Magicians truly respected by demons. But it's likely still very risky for her to summon another powerful demon if she loses Shubit.

(Djinn's are also known to be highly intelligent and nigh indistinguishable in mannerisms to humans, so the Mistress Enchantra does have that advantage. If her demon were an Ifriti it might turn out differently)

7. Wait, so does Silverite solidify when coming into contact with magic? And can I ask how it’s obtained? Is it mined or created? Does an imprifle harm humans?
Silverite rounds can only be fired from imprifles. And by rifles, I mean rifles. No handgun sized things. It must also be handled by a Magician as firing it does require magic. Getting hit by a silverite round will at most cause harsh bruising to a human when struck on the skin. A single hit to the head may or may not knock them out without lethal internal bleeding. Though the impact is significant enough to disorient.

Silverite itself appears as a gel-like substance. Solid, but not particularly rigid. Better to assume it as its own magical state of matter. It in itself harms the essence of spirits, and disrupts magical structures to a small extent (not by much, but significantly). It doesn't hurt by 'solidifying'. It's like a literal magic bullet.

Regarding its production, see 'Paragons of Silver' in the Lore section for further details.

7. a) Hold up! I want to know MORE about how an imprifle works!
Silverite appears like fluid gel when filled with Magical energy or contained in a specially Enchanted container like an Impcanister. Without a constant source of magical energy (or special container), it is highly unstable and can evaporate at varying rapid degrees. I never really thought into too much detail about how an imprifle would work, but hey, I guess now's a good time as any?

So a complete imprifle would consist of the rifle itself and the impcanister:
1. Impcanisters comprise of an Impniter (totally made that up on the spot woohoo) and a Silverite Case. Impniters house an imp's essence which is used to both keep the Silverite in a stable active phase as well as maintain the integrity of the Silverite Case. The stable active phase of Silverite is important to ensure almost immediate activation of the Silverite when the Dragoon/Magician needs to fire. Kind of like a half complete spell in limbo.
The Silverite Case is a specially Enhanced cartridge used to house the Silverite (and can do so for a period of time even without an Impniter attachment, though it does gradually deteriorate). Silverite Cases also prime the Silverite and fires the appropriate portion of activated Silverite in the form of Magical bullets when a Magician fires their imprifle.
*note that once an Imp has been bound to an Impniter, it cannot be released unless the Impcanister is destroyed or the expended. Complete discharge of an impcanister obliterates the imp. Understandably, though a minority, there are people concerned with that. Thus some may refrain from completely discharging a canister manually, or installing automatic limiters. There may be other ways of course, but almost no one is concerned with the 'life' of an imp.
2. The Imprifle itself completes the workings of the rifle as well as allow the Dragoon to channel his own magic to complete the activation of the Silverite. Considering the complexities of a rifle, not just the physical crafting but also the rune enhancements for it to work as intended, there are clear distinctions between well-made rifles and amateur ones. Also, each rifle is unique to its maker in the same way shoes would eventually mould to our feet.

8. Rough population sizes for the lands?
Hinokians: 10 mil
Kal'Borians: 10 mil
Northlanders: 4.75 mil
Highover: 25k

9. Are there other Schools of Magic?
As of the First Reckoning, there are only 4 notable magic schools. There are still lesser-known schools, but those do not have the authority to teach higher-level magic. Magicians from those schools are only limited to Indignor demons. All unauthorized magical summoning will be prosecuted by the Arcana Council with extreme prejudice.

10. Are there guns in Feria?
So.... yes. I've decided that there are gunpowder guns in Feria though all associated tech is not terribly advanced as much of everything runs on some form of magic. There is no electricity, other than those powered by magic/demons. Why I'm allowing guns is because Enchantech does involve quite a bit of alchemy, and the only advantage it has over magic is that anyone can pick up a gun and shoot one. Magic in their own right is much more lethal than such a weapon, only restriction being it needs to be studied (not insanely level high mind you. All students right now are more than capable of killing people with the magic levels they already know).

Gunpowder weapons in itself, is quite useless against demons and is more of a proof of concept, as this means it isn't very practical in a world at peace. The only physical weapons capable of harming demons are the Imprifles of the Dragoons, or other magical weapons.

Also, commoners are not allowed to carry firearms, unless drafted into a civil servant force. Police, military etc. Weapons are a Magician's privilege.

Last edited:
**NEW UPDATE . 24/7**
Updated Spellbooks Section
-- added at least 2 new spells to the first three Magic Schools

Last edited:
**NEW UPDATE . 24/7**
Updated Enchantech Spellbook Section
-- a vast list of Enchanter skills have been added (they're still subject to consideration)
Also 're-added' the Mistress Conjurer NPC back into the lore. She was accidentally deleted in a previous lore edit T.T

**LORE UPDATE . 24/8**
WOW! It's been more than a month!!
Added multiple spells to Conjuring, Evocation and Abjuration. Added upgrades to Enchantech's Essence Condensate.
A couple of new additions to the index. Edited some items for more info and clarity.

~To come: Add more detail to spells especially about cast times for clarity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back