• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Moonlit Crisis OOC

Yeah it's a myth that I'm making up, but I just haven't written up any of the personal info or it's story yet.

I'll be looking forward to that.

The Phantasm replicates an item that the myth has, not the anchor, which is the tome itself.

So essentially, he creates copies of the anchor, and not a secondary anchor? I think it would be better if the character's phantasm was the actual tome, since it is technically his trump card. Having it as a separate item that is used as an anchor seems to make it quite less powerful than it should be.

The tome is to be found by the summoner in the world to be used as the anchor. Hence, due to the difficulty of finding it, it yields a powerful familiar with somewhat conditional powers.

Again, just my opinion. If a mage does get access to the tome (which essentially grants access to almost any kind of magecraft), it wouldn't make sense for them to summon the Grand Familiar that it belongs to, when they can just use it without the risk of having its owner act on their own.

So if anyone uses the real copy, they'd use it for the magecraft capabilities and not to summon an evil entity. There's no point in summoning an old guy who owns the tome, when they can just use it themselves.

Tags: @VioletShadow CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse @Mitchs98 Idea Idea Malice Queen Malice Queen Jackaboi Jackaboi

Hey everyone, Reinhardt here.

I'm gonna start to do NPC posts to get us moving, they are most likely to be posted tomorrow. I will take into account everything that has occurred in the IC thread so far, whether or not the interactions have been finished.

Please note that in these NPC posts I will be taking slight control over your character as to make things much easier to transition and whatnot. I shall try my best to make them stay in-character as possible. Should you have a problem, do tell me.

As always, keep up with the good work.

IF YOU'VE READ THIS MESSAGE PLEASE POST BELOW. ANYTHING WILL DO.
Alright. Just for information, my character was about to go up the kid's room to use one of her abilities to prevent the kid's from being sad or shocked about their parent's death.

Also, I do want to know what you will control our characters for... Specifically why this is necessary.

Reinhardt Reinhardt Mary was gonna use "False Hope", specifically, by making the kids tell the necessayr lies, cutting them and making them utterly believe those lies with the aforementioned spell

Alright. Just for information, my character was about to go up the kid's room to use one of her abilities to prevent the kid's from being sad or shocked about their parent's death.

Also, I do want to know what you will control our characters for... Specifically why this is necessary.
Reinhardt Reinhardt Mary was gonna use "False Hope", specifically, by making the kids tell the necessayr lies, cutting them and making them utterly believe those lies with the aforementioned spell

Got it.

As for why, it's simply to make scene transitions easier, and to keep things from spiraling out of control. Can't have everyone one-shotting their way out of a situation, and other ridiculous shit that completely invalidates a scene. Don't worry, I don't think I'd have to take control over them every time I do an NPC post.

Got it.

As for why, it's simply to make scene transitions easier, and to keep things from spiraling out of control. Can't have everyone one-shotting their way out of a situation, and other ridiculous shit that completely invalidates a scene. Don't worry, I don't think I'd have to take control over them every time I do an NPC post.
nah, it's ok, I understand a GM sometimes needs to do things like that. It's actually pretty nice of you to let us know.

Plus crimson has been busy... or somehting? Not sure, I was trying not to pester them about it. So it'll actually be kind of refreshing to have the chance for new interactions now.

nah, it's ok, I understand a GM sometimes needs to do things like that. It's actually pretty nice of you to let us know.

Just wanted to make sure you're all fine with it.

Plus crimson has been busy... or somehting? Not sure, I was trying not to pester them about it. So it'll actually be kind of refreshing to have the chance for new interactions now.

I'm not sure. I haven't really been active on the site for the past days, but from what I've seen RPN has been kind of lacking in activity. Maybe it's because of the holiday season.

Just wanted to make sure you're all fine with it.

I'm not sure. I haven't really been active on the site for the past days, but from what I've seen RPN has been kind of lacking in activity. Maybe it's because of the holiday season.
Dunno my holiday only start in half a month or so

I'll be looking forward to that.

So essentially, he creates copies of the anchor, and not a secondary anchor? I think it would be better if the character's phantasm was the actual tome, since it is technically his trump card. Having it as a separate item that is used as an anchor seems to make it quite less powerful than it should be.

Again, just my opinion. If a mage does get access to the tome (which essentially grants access to almost any kind of magecraft), it wouldn't make sense for them to summon the Grand Familiar that it belongs to, when they can just use it without the risk of having its owner act on their own.

So if anyone uses the real copy, they'd use it for the magecraft capabilities and not to summon an evil entity. There's no point in summoning an old guy who owns the tome, when they can just use it themselves.

You misunderstand. The phantasm, which is activated by using the anchor, creates copies of the item "Virtuous Sin", which is not an anchor in any way. My char will only ever have one anchor, which is the tome, and it cannot be replicated. If it is destroyed, the phantasm automatically replicates the aforementioned item as a last hurrah, not the tome itself.

It grants access to any kind of magecraft to my char, at about A/B-rank. We'll say it's enchanted so that only Khaoul may read and use it. Indeed, the only way a master may directly benefit from Khaoul's magic is if he allows them to use one of his "Virtuous Sin" weapons.

You misunderstand. The phantasm, which is activated by using the anchor, creates copies of the item "Virtuous Sin", which is not an anchor in any way. My char will only ever have one anchor, which is the tome, and it cannot be replicated. If it is destroyed, the phantasm automatically replicates the aforementioned item as a last hurrah, not the tome itself.

It grants access to any kind of magecraft to my char, at about A/B-rank. We'll say it's enchanted so that only Khaoul may read and use it. Indeed, the only way a master may directly benefit from Khaoul's magic is if he allows them to use one of his "Virtuous Sin" weapons.

Ah, thanks for that much needed clarification. So the character's strength is more of a situational one in that sense?

Ah, thanks for that much needed clarification. So the character's strength is more of a situational one in that sense?

Bingo. : )
My original character was insanely more powerful previously but I had a chat with Idea and decided it was better to make it more situational, as you've said. Hence why he can only use certain magic, needing the tome for more powerful spells or to use his phantasm, which can only be activated upon his master's command. :3

Tags: @VioletShadow CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse @Mitchs98 Idea Idea Malice Queen Malice Queen Jackaboi Jackaboi

I'm gonna start to do NPC posts to get us moving, they are most likely to be posted tomorrow. I will take into account everything that has occurred in the IC thread so far, whether or not the interactions have been finished.

Please note that in these NPC posts I will be taking slight control over your character as to make things much easier to transition and whatnot. I shall try my best to make them stay in-character as possible. Should you have a problem, do tell me.

yeh.

I'm cool with anything as long as the plot is moving smoothly. Can't wait to get this going!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back