• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Moonlit Crisis OOC

Nope. NPCs can also be made by the players, provided these NPCs are of little to no importance with regards to the plot.
If an NPC is of particular emotional importance and relevance towards a character's own arc and is powerful, is that considered "important with regards to the plot"?

If an NPC is of particular emotional importance and relevance towards a character's own arc and is powerful, is that considered "important with regards to the plot"?

Nope. Subplots' NPCs are not part of that restriction. As long as these NPCs won't play much of a role in the main plot (AKA Nergal's shitfuckery plans), players have all the creative freedom they can handle appropriately.

Kloudy Kloudy With regards to your character:

I'd like to know if there is some kind of IRL myth/legend source of this guy, or is he merely an original creation? If the latter, then it would be necessary for you to create a story about the character and why they are able to manifest as a Grand Familiar. In simpler words, make their show their myth/legend if they are original.

The sheet also lacks certain parts, such as their backstory, their personality, etc.

As for the rankings, EX is the final rank that stands for immeasurable levels of a certain stat. There is no EX+, or EX-, only EX.

While the concept is interesting, the character's Grand Phantasm contradicts the natural law wherein without an anchor, a Grand Familiar will cease to exist. So creating anchors when one's anchor has been destroyed is basically impossible. That, and the character's tome can't be an anchor when it is their possession and not the mage's/summoner's.

Unless the tome is an artifact physically obtained by the character's summoner, and is used as an anchor. Though if such is the case, then most likely, the said item would serve both as the Grand Familiar's summoning catalyst and anchor.

I will repeat it again - an anchor is an object used to help the Grand Familiar manifest in the world, and without it they will return to the World Altar. Hence, any possession of the Grand Familiar (that they come with as summoned), is not possible to become their anchor.

For example, I summoned Lancelot. I cannot use his sword as an anchor (Sequence/Arondight) since he comes with it. Instead, I can use my old school shoes. However, if I have obtained the 'real' Sequence/Arondight, I could use it both as a catalyst and an anchor.

Last edited:
There does appear to be a place, however, at the moment we are more in the need for masters than grand familiars as we do already have a line.
Ah, I had an idea on the fc I wanted to use and a Grand familiar seemed to be the best fit... That fc also happens to be in your profile picture cx

Ah, I had an idea on the fc I wanted to use and a Grand familiar seemed to be the best fit... That fc also happens to be in your profile picture cx
Elias, I see. I personally think such a being would make more sense as a mage. We do have several kinds of them here. My master for example, it's pretty much embodied by a jester's outfit and mask. So a boneman wouldn't be too strange a deal, with the right magic, and this way you could fill the spot we need to give Kloud a master.

Elias, I see. I personally think such a being would make more sense as a mage. We do have several kinds of them here. My master for example, it's pretty much embodied by a jester's outfit and mask. So a boneman wouldn't be too strange a deal, with the right magic, and this way you could fill the spot we need to give Kloud a master.
I can see your point. It can be some form of curse! Alright I can give that a try. Imagination skills away!

Am I correct in saying that a grand familiar IS a descents genesis ability or can that be something else?

Am I correct in saying that a grand familiar IS a descents genesis ability or can that be something else?
A descendent's genesis is independent from the grand familiar. in fact I am unsure if both can be used at once

Idea is correct. While a Descent's Genesis has the possibility of it being summoning a certain creature, it is only limited to conjuring up to high-tier familiars, and not Grand Familiars.

Do know that anyone with active mana nodes - mages and descents alike, are capable of summoning a Grand Familiar. However, Descents don't have access to such initially due to their mana usage focusing on their Genesis ability, which makes mages more inclined to such.

I've taken a quick peek at your CS, and I'd like to know as to why the character has a skeletal head. Preferably shown in his backstory, but if it is necessary to be kept secret, then such would be fine as well.

On a last note, remember that if a Descent must always have a Genesis ability. It is what separates them from mages and whatnot.

Jackaboi Jackaboi you need to make a bio for your character's ancestor if you make an original ancestor for your descent.
Idea is correct. While a Descent's Genesis has the possibility of it being summoning a certain creature, it is only limited to conjuring up to high-tier familiars, and not Grand Familiars.

Do know that anyone with active mana nodes - mages and descents alike, are capable of summoning a Grand Familiar. However, Descents don't have access to such initially due to their mana usage focusing on their Genesis ability, which makes mages more inclined to such.

I've taken a quick peek at your CS, and I'd like to know as to why the character has a skeletal head. Preferably shown in his backstory, but if it is necessary to be kept secret, then such would be fine as well.

On a last note, remember that if a Descent must always have a Genesis ability. It is what separates them from mages and whatnot.
Alright then thanks for the feedback, I'm aiming to keep details such as the reason for his appearance a secret, though I do plan on dropping subtle hints here and there. I'll also make Albion a mage instead of a descent in that case too, I just kinda freestyled his lineage in there to begin with and I wasn't exactly happy with it. So I'll make these changes and hopefully everything will be good to go.

EDIT: I made the changes

Last edited:
Kloudy Kloudy With regards to your character:

I'd like to know if there is some kind of IRL myth/legend source of this guy, or is he merely an original creation? If the latter, then it would be necessary for you to create a story about the character and why they are able to manifest as a Grand Familiar. In simpler words, make their show their myth/legend if they are original.

The sheet also lacks certain parts, such as their backstory, their personality, etc.

As for the rankings, EX is the final rank that stands for immeasurable levels of a certain stat. There is no EX+, or EX-, only EX.

While the concept is interesting, the character's Grand Phantasm contradicts the natural law wherein without an anchor, a Grand Familiar will cease to exist. So creating anchors when one's anchor has been destroyed is basically impossible. That, and the character's tome can't be an anchor when it is their possession and not the mage's/summoner's.

Unless the tome is an artifact physically obtained by the character's summoner, and is used as an anchor. Though if such is the case, then most likely, the said item would serve both as the Grand Familiar's summoning catalyst and anchor.

I will repeat it again - an anchor is an object used to help the Grand Familiar manifest in the world, and without it they will return to the World Altar. Hence, any possession of the Grand Familiar (that they come with as summoned), is not possible to become their anchor.

For example, I summoned Lancelot. I cannot use his sword as an anchor (Sequence/Arondight) since he comes with it. Instead, I can use my old school shoes. However, if I have obtained the 'real' Sequence/Arondight, I could use it both as a catalyst and an anchor.

Yeah it's a myth that I'm making up, but I just haven't written up any of the personal info or it's story yet.

I'll change the EX+ parts then. xP

The Phantasm replicates an item that the myth has, not the anchor, which is the tome itself.

The tome is to be found by the summoner in the world to be used as the anchor. Hence, due to the difficulty of finding it, it yields a powerful familiar with somewhat conditional powers.

Hm... I wonder how I shall introduce Albion
If anyone's open to interactions then I'm down. For now I shall bring him in!

Tags: VioletShadow VioletShadow CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse Mitchs98 Mitchs98 Idea Idea Malice Queen Malice Queen Jackaboi Jackaboi

Hey everyone, Reinhardt here.

I'm gonna start to do NPC posts to get us moving, they are most likely to be posted tomorrow. I will take into account everything that has occurred in the IC thread so far, whether or not the interactions have been finished.

Please note that in these NPC posts I will be taking slight control over your character as to make things much easier to transition and whatnot. I shall try my best to make them stay in-character as possible. Should you have a problem, do tell me.

As always, keep up with the good work.

IF YOU'VE READ THIS MESSAGE PLEASE POST BELOW. ANYTHING WILL DO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back