• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Moments in Time

- A Wish From a Sister to a Brother -
" Port, Town of Toulouse, Frankia "

"Good work, let's get out of here." said the porter, giving the lady a big kiss. It looked as though they were going to go out for a fun time as they left the tavern, arm in arm. "What's the news?" said Kenren as they strolled through the sea-side.

Last edited:
The lady kissed back, happily taking the porter's arm as they left the tavern, unknowingly having one of the sailors stare in jealousy at them. "Lucky-"

Chenglei leaned his head on Kenren's shoulder as they walked beside the seaside, giving the prince his report. "It sounds lik' da clans back home 're workin' togetha on rebuildin' da country. Though da sailors dun kno' if it's just fur show or not." He fluttered his eyelids at the disguised prince with a charming smile.

"...Can't believe we're gonna go home soon..." Chenglei muttered, nuzzling his cheek on his shoulder and sighed in relief.

Zer0 Zer0

j-c-park-seaside-town.jpg

" Port, Town of Toulouse "

Kenren held his hand. "Home . . . It's almost been a year . . ." I can't wait for winter to end and spring to come. We can watch the cherry blossoms again, Cheglei, play shogi, drink sake. Just like old times . . ." he smiled at him. "Speaking of home, where do you want to live? Pretend we're just ordinary folk who can go wherever we want and stay wherever we want."

Katsuya Katsuya

Chenglei hummed, squeezing his hand as he pondered for a moment. "...I would want tuh live somewhere quiet an' cozy, maybe hav' enough space fur a horse or two..."Perhaps he has the same tastes as his grandmother, liking to live away from the crowding cities and noisy towns.

"Howeva, as long I'm with you, I could care less where exactly we would live...I just want tuh stay beside ya." He kissed his cheek, leaving a red kiss mark there.

Zer0 Zer0

"We can live there." said Kenren, squeezing his hand, and closed his eyes pleasantly when Chenglei kissed him. "Renee can make portals now --- honestly that girl amazes me --- so, we can make our home wherever you want. The palace will just be an office."

Katsuya Katsuya

With an intake of breathe, Chenglei looked at Kenren with wide eyes. He gulped quietly as he smiled silly, ears turning red. "Y-you would really be okay to live there? Really?"

Then he chuckled. "Yea, who knew Renee would be able to make portals now. I know I didn't at the beginning." The blonde in disguise then remembered where they are and how no one was judging them for holding hands or being this affectionate with each other in public...

Letting out a long and happy sigh, he squeezed his hand and kissed his cheek again. He didn't care that he was dressed as a woman at the moment; it's the feeling of just being a regular couple strolling on that made me happy and fulfilled in a way.

Zer0 Zer0

"Yes, really. You've done so much for me, Chenglei." said Kenren, pausing in their stroll for a while to give him a tight hug. Now he had two very obvious kiss marks on his cheek, but he kept them there.

"You know . . . this feels like a date . . . When was the last time we went on a date? Was it in Chingpo?"

Katsuya Katsuya

Chenglei wrapped his arms around Kenren too when he hugged him, nuzzling his face under his chin lightly. Then he hummed with a slight warm smile.

"Yes...I believe it was Chingpo...though we weren't together then..." The precious memories of Chingpo will always be remembered because- "I still have our camera, barely used it because I wanted us to take precious memories together...didn't want to break it either."

Zer0 Zer0

"I really liked our time there." said Kenren, with an amused smile on his face, as he swayed in place. "We were secretly flirting with each other." he chuckled. "Wherever we live, let's have an underground aquarium room. Maybe we can make a deep pond and below is where the room will be? . . . By any chance, did you bring the camera with you today?"

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
Chenglei swayed with him, feeling bliss. "Hmm...I really like that idea. Perhaps we should get koi fishes in the pond since they sleep through cold weather." He hummed at the thought, really pleased at the idea of curling up on the prince as they watch and enjoy the tranquility of koi fishes swimming with pillows and throw blankets everywhere.

"Hm?...Oh-Oh! U-Um-!" Chenglei's ears turned red as he searched in his royal purple kimono sleeve pockets and brought out the small contraption. With a click, it opened up, revealing the lens and scope parts of the camera. "...I did...figured we might want to..take pictures again?" His face is blooming red now, looking like a tomato with black long hair and ash purple eyes.

Zer0 Zer0

"While in disguise?" said Kenren, as they began strolling again. "Can we take off our disguises?"

Katsuya Katsuya

"Of course we can! It would be weird to take pictures of ourselves in our disguises." Chenglei agreed as they strolled along again, putting away the camera in his kimono sleeve again.

"Hm...Perhaps we should find a place to change back or do you already have one, handsome~?" He purred as he held Kenren's hand and squeezed tenderly.

Zer0 Zer0

Kenren smiled, "I like it when you flirt with me." he muttered, kissing his cheek. "I don't have a place. Let's first find a spot where we can have a nice picture, maybe there's a place nearby where we could change? Oh! That hill overlooking the town, there's a grove of young trees. Want to take our first picture there? Maybe we should also buy food for a picnic . . ." he added thoughtfully.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Seaport Market, Town of Toulouse -

d2e01f23-192c-4aba-8d9e-0661dcbf8ac8.jpg Chenglei lightly pushed his reddening cheek into Kenren's kiss, chuckling. He'll flirt with Kenren more often then.

He perked up at the idea of having a picnic, practically tugging his hand towards the market place. "We should buy food first then and a basket! Guy clothes too so we can be more comfortable." And not have restrictive clothing on like this pretty kimono.

As the disguised couple walked around the seaport market first to look for a basket and some fruits, Kenren will notice a shadow in the corner of his eye. At first, it could have just been a figment of his imagination or just a black cat; but whenever they stopped to buy food, that same shadow would stop and hide behind a stand or behind a corner. It even have the audacity to stand in the middle of the crowd, acting like a customer.

What's worse? That shadow is coming closer in each of their stops.

It seems that Chenglei haven't noticed either. Probably because he's excited to have a picnic with Kenren while taking photos together.

Currently the disguised soldier is contemplating on what sort of ham slices would go well with the drink they brought. Once again, the shadow hid behind another stand and the prince can tell that it's staring directly at them.

"Hmm...May I have a sample of Prosciutto and smoked ham?" The blonde-now raven haired soldier asked the rolly-polly butcher who nodded and is cutting a slice of each for them to try.

Zer0 Zer0

"That looks as delicious as you." whispered the porter, affectionately kissing the raven-haired lady's ear. In the middle of his fondling, he whispered. "We've got someone tailing us, right there beside the fish stall, looking straight at us. I'm going to go around, see if I can flank our spy and find out who it is."

Kenren parted from Chenglei, talking about checking out some clothes. He attempted to blend in the crowd and hide in plain sight, with a good view of their spy to find out who it was.

Katsuya Katsuya

"Hgn!" The raven haired lady tensed up from the whisper, a delicious spark went down his spine when the porter kissed her reddening ear.

Chenglei didn't move his head but he did take a subtle look towards the fish stall where he can see the shadowy figure and as the prince said, it's staring right at them. "Be careful, Ken'en." He whispered back, placing a hand on Kenren's cheek as if he was about to leave another red marked kiss.

As he parted ways, the soldier waved as he flirted. "Have fun, handsome~. I'll be here to taste some yummy food- Oh! Thank you, sir." Chenglei started to munch on the smoked ham and as he took another look where the shadowy figure was, it was gone...

'Dat's not good...' Chenglei thought, now keeping a watchful eye in the area in case it's still around.

The spy, as Kenren titled it, noticed the prince trying to blend in the crowd. As another person walked in front of Kenren, the spy disappeared. However he will notice something odd about the spy. It wasn't following him...

It ran away instead and hid in the crowds.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:

'He spotted me. He knows we know.' thought Kenren, disappointed at his stealth skills. But if there was something he was good at, it was spotting danger. He didn't have a weapon with him, though, just a couple of bottles of butterbeer and firewhisky. May as well go on the offensive and clobber him, it seemed he wasn't following him, maybe he was after Chenglei, and that just fired Kenren up.

He gave chase, searching for that figure. Assassin, or a spy who discovered their relationship, both were bad. Boy was it the wrong timing to not bring his shinobi with him.

Katsuya Katsuya

Kenren spotted the spy running into an alleyway between the stalls, weaving and barely missing the surprised customers who he bumped into. He was panicking, that much he can see with the way the somewhat burly figure keeps looking back at the prince and bumping into another person. This person didn't look familiar either...

Why was he following them?

The spy ducked under a large mirror that's being held between two carriers and tries to lose the prince by trying to blend in the crowd. Of course that was the man's fatal mistake. He tripped on a small ditch of the cobbled street and smacked his face on a clothing stall's wall, alarming the owner and her customers. Kenren can see that this man is a sailor; one of the sailors from the tavern he and Chenglei were in before.

"Owww....Jimmy crickets and gull's smack, that bloody smokes..." cursed the sailor, lightly poking his redden nose and winced. Probably broken with the way the bridge has a bump in the middle.

Meanwhile Chenglei looked around, concerned about Kenren when suddenly he felt someone grab his arm and harshly pulled him away from the butcher who was busy tying up his order. The disguised blonde's first instinct was to stun this person with the closest item he has, his fan, but-

Zer0 Zer0

Kenren was surprised. Either the sailor was a stalker of Chenglei, some thug after their purse, or someone hired to tail them knowing exactly who he and Chenglei were. But then he wasn't following the prince earlier . . .

He bent down and offered him a hand up. "I'm concerned about me and my love's safety. We can do this the easy way, you tell me why you were following us. Or the hard way." he picked up a rock and attempted to crush it with his gloved, and long sleeved covered prosthetic hand.

Katsuya Katsuya

The sailor looked at his offered hand with narrowed blue eyes only to let out a girly yelp when Kenren crushed the rock in his hands. "I'monlytrailingmyfriendwho'safteryourlady!" He admitted quickly as he leaned away from the strong porter; he doesn't even look like he could crush a rock with just his hand!

If Kenren returned to the butcher with the sailor, Chenglei is gone; All that's left is a tousled open basket with bread on the cobbled ground.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:

Kenren was relieved. Just a couple of stalkers, Chenglei can handle his friend. He decided to drag him back to where his love was, just so that he can see his face and so that Kenren can verify what he said about his friend. He told the sailor that he wants to make sure this doesn't happen again, and then made him answer questions such as what his name was and which boat crew he worked for. And if he sensed that he was lying, he twisted a finger.

But when he arrived at the butcher's stall, Chenglei wasn't there, only his spilled basket. "Butcher, where was the raven-haired woman who was buying smoked ham from you earlier? The one who was with me?" Kenren asked quickly.

Katsuya Katsuya

The sailor didn't appreciate being dragged and he definitely let Kenren know by making snarky remarks. Of course he didn't answer all of his questions, yelping when he twisted his fingers when he either lied or not talk about the boat crew he worked for. He did tell his name though. "My name's Troy- stop dragging me, you troll!- and like I said before, I'm looking for my friend, Milo. He isn't...He normally ain't a bad guy but...anyways, I don't care about your lady friend."

When he heard Kenren question the butcher however and spotted the basket on the ground, he groaned quietly, frowning in worry. "Oh no..."

"Oh! The miss. She was here until a sir grabbed her arm and whispered something in her ear. The miss looked like she wanted to back away but she followed him to there." The butcher pointed past the exit of the market place where Kenren can see parts of the sea port where the sailors and porters store items inside of a storage compartment. "The sir look like trouble, that's for sure. I even reported him to the authorities but they told me that they'll keep an eye out, just in case."

"Was he tall as him and had a sailor uniform like mine? With brown mousey hair and hazel eyes?" Troy asked the butcher while pointing at the disguised porter in a bit of a panic, extremely worried.

"Yea! That's him. Do ya know him, sir?"

"Yes, I do. Thank you!" Troy headed his way to where the butcher pointed, not waiting for Kenren to follow him.

Zer0 Zer0

"For the stick, and keeping that basket of food safe." said Kenren to the butcher, tossing him two gold coins after grabbing a big piece of smoking wood from the fireplace where he was smoking ham. It was good enough for a couple of heavy swings using two hands.

He followed the man a few steps behind, wondering why Chenglei went with his friend Milo. Whatever was going on, this man would probably lead him to where his love was. He didn't stop him, just kept an eye out for an ambush and for any visual of Chenglei.

Katsuya Katsuya

- Seaport storage unit, Town of Toulouse -
1bdec97af68d82dd195dff94c6cb626a.jpg The butcher caught the two gold coins after flailing his arms in surprise and gleefully yelled after Kenren. "It's not a problem! I'll hold onto your basket until you come back!"

Troy didn't stop his pace as he continued to walk past the ships, some looked elvish, others looked jaharian. However he slowed down when he reached the oriental side of the seaport, looking around and wary. He stood out from everyone else in this side, with having bright orange hair and sky blue eyes, but no one stopped him either since he's a sailor. He didn't stop until he reached an old storage building and peeked over his shoulder to see Kenren carrying a stick.

"...You are paranoid, you know that?" Troy remarked before opening the large door and went inside. "Then again...we just went through war so I don't blame you." There's wooden boxes of items shipped from the Orients, ready to be sold in Toulouse. The fiery haired man ignored all of that as he continued to look around and hoping to spot his friend. Only to snap his head to his left when he heard a girl's voice screaming.

"Lei lei! Lei lei!"

Zer0 Zer0

'Tsumiki?' thought Kenren, bewildered. Immediately he attempted to pull the sailor into a choking headlock, the smoking part of the stick hovering right above his eye. "Quickly and quietly, what is going on?!" he whispered.

Katsuya Katsuya

Users who are viewing this thread

Back