• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Moments in Time

Zer0

Haiku Hitman

• 593483.jpg
    - Howl's Flying Castle -
    " The Story || Characters || OOC "​

This thread is akin to a free roam or sandbox roleplay inside the world of Howl's Flying Castle. Here, players will be able to roleplay any timeframe from as far back as when the characters were kids or if they want to play a scene from when the characters were travelling or staying somewhere, but wasn't shown in the main episodes.

Players can also post "One Shots", stories just one post long that others don't reply to, just read. Which can be journal entries, letters a character sent to someone, or simply "Moments in Time".

The main roleplay has a fast pace, this'll help us slow down and get to know other characters more. It will also help players, who don't post as much due to real life, fill those gaps they wish to fill in the main story.

Have fun!

Announcement: All interested players, please do not post in this thread unless your character has been accepted. All questions and out-of-character chats in the "OOC thread".

Last edited:
-One shot-

-Renee's Mother's day gift-

It’s early morning and Sophie woke up to make the usual breakfast for her ever growing family, letting her husband sleep in a bit more. She can hear someone moving pots and pans, muttering to Calcifer as she stopped by the staircase, listening in the conversation.

“Renee, ya know ya can’t cook yet. Why try?”

“B-but I want to make something! James and Seth and Sen have presents for Mumma. I want to make one for her too.”

‘Make me a present? With what?’ Sophie thought as she continued to listen in from the top of the staircase, leaning in slightly to hear better.

“...Are ya sure ya want to do dat? I know yer scared…”

“S-so? Mumma’s more important. I-I wanna mak- AH!” Renee squeked in fear as the bacon she placed sizzled loudly, dropping the pan over Calcifer’s head (or the top of the flame) and he grunted in a bit of pain. The dark haired girl apologized rapidly, waving her thin arms around, small palms open. Her wide innocent chocolate brown eyes shined with warm tears forming at the corners, flushed pink cheeks blooming red making her pale round face turn whiter in comparison.

“I-I I’m sorry, Cal! I-it’s the oil that-! I’m sorry! -sobs- I’m sorry!”

Sophie can hear her nine years old daughter crying, sniffling her nose as she tries to cook breakfast. This is new. Her daughter never wanted to try to do something on her own before. She usually hid behind her skirt or the wall whenever Sophie wanted to show her how to cook. Sometimes she would find the scared Renee hiding behind and under James’ or Howl’s or Markl’s robes. Once she found Renee hiding beside the Witch of the waste with a pillow and using the old witch’s wide figure so Sophie couldn’t find her for hours. The old witch was calmly laughing her huffy laugh with Heen sitting at the bottom of her feet when that happened.

The white-haired mother noticed how well Renee is when it comes to her hands: from drawing to cleaning to gardening, the little girl is able to do multiple things without much issue like Howl can when he’s making spells and potions while showing Markl on how to create some on his own. Though her fear and timidness is an issue. No matter how much Sophie tries to encourage her, Renee always shyed away and meekly gives her an excuse not to, very similar to Howl escaping from her clutches when she needed help with the laundry. Just more flashy and embarrassing then her timid and easily flustered daughter.

“Ren. Ren, it’s okay. Just calm down, would ya? Stop cryin’!” Calcifier groaned in exasperation as he leaned away from the fat tears that landed on the fireplace, holding onto the pan with the now burning bacon in it. Black smoke coming from it.

“O-Oh no! The bacon! Bacon’s burning! Calcifier, stop being so hot! Turn off! Turn off!”

“Ren, I’m not an oven stove! Don’t work dat way! Just grab da pincers and pick it out!”

“B-but-! BUT-! The oil-! It-!”

“Yea, I know, but hurry it up and grab the bacon! Don’t want Sophie to catch ya, right?”

“...-hic-....n-no…?”

“Good, now grab da pincers and pick da bacon off da pan...dat’s it. Good…...RENEE! Don’t drop it back in da pan!”

“I-I-I’m sorry-! My hands are shaking-! I can’t do this-!”

“Yea ya can! Stop thinkin’ ya can’t, Ren.”

“Bu-but-! I-I!”

“Just do it, will ya?! Burnt bacon smells bad and I don’t wanna smell it today of all days.”

“O-O-Oh...Ok-Okay…-sniffs-.....-hics- I-I’m s-sorry…”

“Stop apologizing! Ya doin’ dis for Sophie, right? So suck it up and put on yer brave face. Yea, like dat! Good! Now pick up da bacon for Merlin’s sake.”

“O-Okay…”

“Yer as dramatic as yer father, ya know dat?”

“...No? I-I’m like dad...?”

“Yea, just a lot nicer. Always wastin’ my hot water for no reason…” Sophie covered her mouth as her urge to laugh popped up. Howl never did give Calcifer a break...

Renee giggled quietly as she tried again, flinching from the bacon sizzling loudly. At least she didn’t drop the pan this time. The little tiny girl watched the striped piece of pork frying on it’s own, blinking widely. Her bare feet tipping toe-ing on the tall wooden stool to see better. It’s a miracle that she didn’t fall off yet.

“Bu-but that means Papa needs you, right? You’re special. You have a spark that he needs and depend on, Cal.” Sophie can practically hear Renee’s shy but cheerful smile in her voice. “I know I depend on you. Without your spark, I wouldn’t be able to cook Mumma’s present.”

“...Yer makin’ me blush, Ren.”

“Heheh!” Sophie decided to stay for a while longer, waving her husband closer when he spotted her at the staircase and told him to stay quiet. Same with the rest of her children who woke up. They listened in Renee’s soft grunts of annoyance when she burned eggs, small squeaks of fear when she dropped something like glass, and quiet cheer as she finally finished making breakfast for everyone.

On the table, the large family would find somewhat burned bacon and eggs on broken plates that she dropped earlier and tried to glue back together in her nervousness. Renee stood there fidgeting, her orange overalls reached down to her knees with a design of a bee flying on her pockets and buttons. Dark, wild, and thick brown hair tied in a low ponytail with a loose braid on the side of her face, a bright orange bow holding it together.

“H-Happy Mumma’s day, Mumma…” For once, Renee stuttered out loud as she peeked at her family with a wide smile, a hole from her last baby tooth falling showed in the front top row…

And quickly hid under the table, her face flushed bright pink with her cheeks as red as an apple, hearing her mother’s wonderfully warm laughter and her father’s amused chuckling twining together with her brothers’ light teases as they poked her from the sides.

-Chenglei and Tsumiki's Mother day gift-

In the ragged and dirtied streets, a blond teenager, barely twelve years in age, ran out of an old store, holding onto an item with a tight grip as an adult man chased after him. Waving an old worn out stick with nails sticking out.

“Come back here, you little bas**rd!”

“Nah wa’, ya pedo!! I payed fer dis wit’ mah own moneh.” The blond yelled back, bumping and crashing into the crowd as he escaped from the crazy man who wanted to steal his present. There’s nothing in this world that can stop this child from running away. Not when something special is in his hands.

Once he was sure that the man was nowhere to be seen, Chenglei huffed in relief, leaning against the itchy wooden wall behind him as he looked at the item he held onto for dear life. The hairbrush was expensive, made in white ivory and carved in delicate waves and curls around the comfortable handle. The stiff hairs was soft to touch and he could tell with his fine ash purple eyes that it wouldn’t be easy to break or to mess up and bend. Good quality of a brush this thing is.

“There you are, you little piece of @$%&! Come here!”

Chenglei yelped in surprise when a rough hand grabbed him by his arm before growling like a mad dog that’s trapped.

“Get offa meh!” Then he bit into the man’s dirt-covered arm, shaking his head in desperation as the man screamed in pain and let’s him go with a dark blue bruise on his arm. Then the man whacked the teen with the stick, bent and rusty nails scratched his side and Chenglei did not scream. He growled again, but this time it sound more animalistic and wild as he leaped forward punched the adult across the face and kicked between his legs. The man fell down to his knees and Chenglei spat at him.

“Don’ mess wit meh…” He ran off again, not caring if the man started to scream for help like he was a victim. Please, everyone in the south of the Orients has their own problems. Who would help anybody in this country? Really?

He slowed down as the streets looked more familiar to the young preteen, the adrenaline rush calmed as he walked over to a group of girls who are playing jump rope. Chenglei waited at the side, protectively gazing at the young children and making sure the hobos who were looking at them hungrily scuttled away as they recognized him: the terror of the neighboring streets. His sharp eyes pierced every one of them with a warning before softening up when he heard his dear sister calling out to him in greeting.

“Lei-nii!”

“Hi Tsu-chan…” He coolly answered as he waved at the other little girls calmly, not caring if all of them cringed from his black and blue bruises that littered his body. The little six years old girl looked up at her brother with open vibrant purple eyes: a family trait coming from their birth mother. Her smile warm and cheery.

“Didja getit? Didja?!”

“Yea, I did. See?”

He showed her the ivory brush that he bought and she clapped her hands in joy.

“Come on, Lei-nii. Bye everyone!”

Tsumiki waved at her friends and walked with her half brother to their grandmother’s house. It’s more of a shack with a missing wall on the side, surrounded by bent wired fence, dirtied old cloth is used as doors and covers for privacy from the neighbors. Standing by the fire pit with a bamboo stand carrying a dented kettle, is a woman in her fifties. Crow’s feet surrounds her squinted purple eyes, concentrating on making tea. Her salt and pepper hair pulled up in a messy bun with chewed up hair pins holding it together. Her broken glasses sitting on the bridge of her nose.

Her grandkids came in and she smiled warmly at them.

“Hello kids...want tea?”

“Happy Mother’s day, Obaa-chan/ Baba…”

A sparkle from the older woman’s eye was Chenglei’s only warning before a worn out slipper smacks on the side of his head and he growled at his spunky grandmother. The blonde rubbed on the bump that’s steaming from the strike.

“OW! Wha’ was dat fer?”

“It’s Obaa-chan, you little brat!”

“Just look at yer present, ya crazy ol’ hag!” Smacks again!

“It’s Obaa-chan. I know you’re slow, but say it with me: O-baa- chan.”

“No way, Baba!”

“Why you little-!”

“Here Obaa-chan!”

Tsumiki chimed in cutely as she pulled a glaring Chenglei’s arms up, revealing the decorated and expensive brush at the woman who stared at it in shock. She can tell that the handle is perfect for anyone who has achy hands like her and the brush’s stiff hair won’t pull awkwardly or harshly tug once she uses it. Then she took a closer look at the older child, taking in his bad shape. Is that why he was out in the night lately?

For a boy who fights and bites, he does have his sweet moments, don’t he? Same with the little girl who’s too nice to be left out here in the streets of the south in Orient country. Everyday she blames her daughter for placing her own kids here with her, but she will never regret taking them in.

Even when Chenglei has a tongue she needs to scrub off at times-!

The older woman pulls in her grand kids with her arms, squeezing them tightly as she prayed to her ancestors in thanks for the brighter moments in life because of these two kids. The blonde struggled in her hug, hissing in pain.

“Ow-! Hey ya ol’ hag! I have cuts and ya pressin’ em!”

“It’s Obaa-chan, you little brat!”

“Bite me! Ow-! I didn’t mean it literally you crazy ol’ bag!”

“Then don’t say it, you silly child….Thank you for your present, my precious children.” Chenglei blushed in humility while Tsumiki cheered and nuzzled into the hug. She wouldn’t trade this for the world. Neither would he...

Last edited:
-One shot-

-Renee's lesson on never giving up-

"...I think....I'm lost...." Renee muttered quietly as she spun slowly in place, wondering where in Merlin's beard is she. This is her first week of being in the Sorcerer's school and she started on her second year instead of first year. That's right; Renee started on her second year instead of her first as her parents thought she didn't have manna unlike her brothers who do.

However a month ago, while Renee was having a panic attack from being flocked over by a murder of black birds, trying to scare them off only for them to peck her; her tiny hands started to glow brightly like the sun and shot out a spark at them and the murder of birds flew away. Her father came back with candy apples in his hands when he saw her hands still glowing from residue.

So now she's in the same school as her older brother, James and is aimlessly wandering around in lunch break. Renee's lips quivered as her anxiety spiked up the more time she lost, her stomach growled in hunger. If only she asked someone-!

Then she heard a loud 'Twack' sound, coming from her left and she perked up, relief spread in her system. Maybe she can ask who ever this person is?

Renee walked to where the repeated sounds were coming from, seeing the area change from pillars covered in plants to wooden frames that she saw in the twins' ninja and samurai books. There were tatami mats that patted her footsteps, muffling her black Mary Jane shoes. Her large brown eyes looked all over the place, realizing that she must be in another area of the school for a specific study.

That's when she heard the noise again, much closer than before. She peeked into a clear window and gasps quietly. Her brown eyes sparkled as she watched a boy around her age practicing something...Renee watched as the boy plucked an arrow from a case of sorts and placed it on an arching stick thingy, pulling a tight string and-

'Woosh!'

'Twack!'

The arrow struck at the middle of the target across from the outdoor room and Renee let out a loud gasp. Her brown eyes glittering in excitement.

"That's so cool~!!" She cheered loudly, scaring the boy from her sudden yell. His narrow eyes glared at her suspiciously, but he didn't say a word. The tiny brunette practically ran into the archery deck and hopped around the boy happily. Her thin arms waved rapidly as she couldn't contain her energy like usual.

"Did you see that?! That's was so cool! How did you do that?!" Then she turned at him with warm and almost glowing eyes. "Can you teach me?!"

The boy stayed silent as he didn't know this strange girl. He never seen her before either so...what gives?

"Do you know who I-?"

"Do you hold it like this?" The boy got irritated when Renee grabbed a random student's bow that was hanging by the hook and held it backwards, talking over him. That...never happened before. Usually people waited for him to finish speaking. He haughtily stared at the strange girl before shaking his head and dismiss the idea that she knew who he was.

Then he plucked the bow out of her hands to show her the proper way of holding it.

"You hold it like this..." The boy explained clearly, sometimes teasing her when she couldn't do certain things like knocking the bow right or fully pulling the string. Especially when she let the string go only for the arrow to land not even a foot away from where they were standing...

Renee pouted at the boy who's laughing at her and crossed her arms, waiting for him to finish. Then she sniffed as tears gathered at the corner of her eyes out of embarrassment. It's bad enough that she got lost and hungry, but now she has a boy laughing at her too...

This first week is terrible...and she wanted to be cool like her brother and this boy...maybe she should give up school and just be like her mother...

The young Pendragon girl didn't see the boy freezing up when she wiped away her falling tears nor did she see him paled when she started to sob quietly as she couldn't handle her frustrations. This really suc-!

"H-hey...I'm sorry. It wasn't funny and-...well, that's a lie; It was funny but you tried your best." Renee looked over at the boy, blinking widely. Is...Is he trying to comfort her?

That's a new feeling. Usually her brothers always laughed at her whenever she does something by accident and never apologized. Then again, they didn't help her either...Renee sniffed and smiled shyly at the boy. He is sweet.

"Um...sorry for crying..." The boy shook his head, grinning a bit at her.

"Hey hey hey, four out of ten in my standards, but that's okay. We have to start from somewhere." Renee pouted cutely at the boy who suggested that she tried again. He showed her the way to knock an arrow and shooting it again and again until finally an arrow flew to the target. It wasn't a bull's eye as the boy called it, but definitely was better than her first time!

"Um...thank you...for the lesson...I'll practice hard to show you that I can be cool like you." She smiled warmly at the boy, her cheeks bloomed in pink as she hugged him timidly before letting go.

"An-and maybe...you can ask me for a lesson too! I can show you how to plant herbs!" The school's bell rang loudly. Time to go back to class...

"Well...I have to go now...bye!"

With that, Renee left, leaving behind a young blushing Seifer Rathmore. Only to never meet again for years until their sixth school year together, when she has her wings attached to her head and when he was known as the most popular guy in school.

Of course, Renee will always remember the nice boy that helped her, treasuring the memory of him smiling his sweet smile and cute dimples while teaching her how to knock an arrow...and to not give up after the few couple of times.

Hisaya and Serena
-How this friendship started-
Serena waved at the group who's going to Winslow, which is Johnny's hometown, yelling how she will have new songs for everyone to listen again when they come back. Then she told Renee and Seifer that she's going inside now...

To the Atelier. Where...Wrath...is...

The blonde just sat by the doorway, door closed as she stared at the small red unassuming rock that's on a pillow with seals all over it. Her fingers itched to play but she didn't. Her azure blue eyes squinted cautiously as she didn't trust Wrath at all. She didn't know how, but this stupid pebble convinced James, Lydia, and Renee about a spell that can cure Seifer. That's great and all...

If only it was the truth...

That's right: Serena did not believe Wrath; not his words, not his actions, nor how he's staying quiet. For all she knows, he's planning to strike again. When that happens, she's punting the pebble into the cold waters so he can suffer.

That late afternoon, Serena did not come closer to the stone unless she needed to open the door to let Renee and Sasha in and that's when the violinist would smile brightly. After talking with them and Renee leaving to go to the hot springs with Seifer ("You know James will kill Seifer once he hears about this..." is what Serena told Renee.), the blonde stayed quiet again.

"..." She really wanted to play her violin as she was stressed for being in the room for too long. There's no way Wrath has turned to a new leaf like what Renee has told her. No way. He's Wrath, the deathknight. The one who took and made Seifer the way he is. Why would the blonde ever forgive this guy for anything? Especially when he's the one who broke her face in. With his boot.

But then...she couldn't hold back her itch to play and stood from her spot, trembling fingers checked the strings of her violin and played a melody. It sounded aggressive and annoyed...like she wanted to punch someone again.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
-3.jpg

-One Shot-

-Aria Muses' slice of life-

It's another regular day in the Muses' household: Little children bothering the older ones, adults talking and greeting each other as they pass by, sounding calm and happy despite the chaos.

The woman sighed quietly, her vibrant green eyes taking in the scene as she laid a patch of dirt on the ground before patting it firmly and grabbing another carrot seed to plant in her sister's massive garden. Her long wavy hair decorated with wooden beads of color and strands of ribbon braided in, making a clicking noise whenever she moved her head and in turn move her loose and low ponytail. The fawn would pull her hair back at times when it gets in her way from gardening. Her light tan skin glistening from sweat that was produced from the hard work and cooled down by the soft summer breezes. Her hands, covered in dirt, delicately but efficiently moved around, making it seem like planting was easy when it's not.

Honestly Calliope is insane with how she's keeping up the garden with barely any help from anybody in their ridiculously huge family. Aria really needs to remind her loud sister to please. Get. Help.

A light coo coming from her chest caught her attention and she smiled softly as she looked down to the clothed sling that's around her shoulder and carrying a precious weight; One that she's never willing to leave behind or put down until she can walk on her own. She uncovered the top and loose part of the wide sling, revealing a baby girl chewing on her sheep plush, cooing whenever the sheep rings it's soft bell from the inside of it's cotton-y self. Her own green, wide, and big doe-like eyes stared up at her mother and squealed happily which made Aria laugh quiet and low, sounding like bell chimes.

"Morning my silly Echo Mello. How are you today?" Aria whispered, putting her work on hold as she supported her baby's back with her arms and bounced gently, loving the sound of her baby's laughter. Her fluffy ears twitched. Echo's ears twitched as well and Aria rubbed her nose on Echo's button one lovingly as she listens to her daughter's adorable mumbling.

"I see~ Well, I guess it's time for you to eat, hmm?" Aria commented as she hears her baby's tummy growling. She stood up and left her tools as she headed her way inside to sit on a comfortable rocking chair that's calling her name.

The new mother never regretted on having this baby, even with her stressful job of being an ambassador for the Satyrs in the state of Belarius for the King. It's rather tradition to nominate the one who's perfect for the job and because of certain...'thing' that only Aria has, everyone voted for her. All their votes. Because of a certain attribute she has and that every other adult respected her for, which she wished they stopped because it's not that great of a thing, really.

There is a dispute between two certain groups: one that hated other races that are not human and wants to deny entry for them. The other group wants to accept them and to invite them in the city of Kingsbury. She is on the side to inviting them in and have to talk as a representative for the satyr race. A task she understands is difficult and worth all the hard work if it means her daughter can have a good education in the future.

Burp!

"Oh! There we go." Aria encouraged lightly as she rubbed her baby's back for a few moments and sighed happily. Yep, her baby is worth all this stress. Then she heard a loud thump on the door and the older fawn peered over her shoulder as she recognizes that sound all too well. Her husband is back from the Blacksmith and he's carrying another weapon to show off again.

"Wonder what your father has for us this time. Want to go check, my precious Echo?" Aria asked her baby as she stood up from the rocking chair and watched the door open with a very burly man coming in. His muscled arms carrying...a metal crib?

"Honey! I'm home! I have a present for our pumpkin pie!" Lykon yelled loudly. Baby Echo flinched from his rough voice and hid her face in the crook of her mother's neck. Aria smiled in amusement, raising an eyebrow.

"Sweetheart, we're right here."

"Oh! Sorry! Didn't mean to scare our baby-waby poo." Lykon, being a very muscular man that he is, came in and gently rubbed a fat finger on his frightened daughter's back apologetically before kissing his wife briefly and placing the metal crib on the floor. Inside is a kid sized bed with a pillow and pink ruffled bed sheets. There's wheels on the crib's legs and a mobile at the top with plush sheeps and stars that are swinging, ready to use with just a turn of a dial. Aria blinked at it in surprise before looking at her husband, silently asking for an explanation as to why. Which he didn't understand and waited there patiently for his wife's reaction.

She sighed and asked. "Did you make this, Sweetheart? I thought you were happy with the one upstairs..." Lykon smiled awkwardly as he rubbed the back of his head. "Ah. Well, you see...I broke that one."

Aria quickly understood the situation and shook her head in amusement. Her husband never could hold back his strength. She would know....by the many times he would accidentally break that certain and 'important' attribute of hers.

"It's okay, Sweetheart. At least you made a new one...Well, my Echo Mello. Do you like the bed your daddy made for you?" She asked her baby as she placed her on the soft as feathers bed, seeing her sink in a bit. Baby Echo mumbling and cooed as she twisted around and sat up wobbly, reaching for the mobile and giggling when she got to poke a sheep.

"Seems like she approves, Sweetheart."

Lykon laughed proudly, making Echo flinch again. "Oops! Sorry, pumpkin pie. I'm glad you like it." He whispered as he gently smoothed his daughter's fluffy hair and feeling the stubs on the sides of her head. Then he frowned worryingly as he looked at his wife who's smiling sadly at him. The satyr huffed a bit before gathering his wife in his arms and smoothed her hair as well, feeling the broken stubs on her head.

It seems their daughter will have a similar fate as Aria. As she has the one thing that separates her and the rest of the family. Echo Muses will be raised and pampered as the head of their huge family all because she has her mother's antlers.

Last edited:
study_with_a_laboratory_by_kinnas-d6l81w2.jpg
Hisaya and Serena

"Finally. Something that doesn't make me hurl." said Hisaya's voice from the philosopher's stone. "Don't stop now, I've seen nothing but sappy mush from the two sweethearts the past days that if I had any teeth they'd have fallen off by now. Keep playing."

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
-Hisaya and Serena-

Serena jumped when she heard Wrath's voice, not expecting him to say anything before glaring at him. What? He enjoys her angry music? 'Of course he does. I'm raging for being in here with him...' The blonde thought, her azure eyes darkening a bit when he complained about seeing 'sappy sweetness'.

"Hmph!" The violinist will not take that as a compliment! "Then I should play sweet sappiness just to annoy you!" And she did. She played the most sweetest song she has ever played...and funny enough, it's the same song that she played for seeing Seifer's expression towards Renee.

Zer0 Zer0

Hisaya and Serena
- How this friendship started -

"Brat." said Hisaya's voice. After that the red crystal didn't speak anymore, it stayed as lifeless as any gem with a ruby hue on the pillow for the entire day.

Katsuya Katsuya

-Hisaya and Serena-

"Pebble!" Serena retorted, her frown turned into a victorious smug grin as she continued to play happy songs, though in some moments...Hisaya would hear a sad tune in some and in others, a frustrated note throughout the whole day...

On the second day, the violinist came back in with a blank look on her face. She really misses Seth. Seeing Renee being happy and together with Seifer just made her miss him a lot more then she can handle. Not even her being so wary towards Wrath can numb her sadness.

Serena stood in the middle of the room, her violin ready to play as she placed her bow on the taunt strings. The song she played for today is one that spoke of missing someone; to wish that they are here with them. To spend time with them again. Only to have something to bring them apart and it made the song sound so bitter and depressing. The blonde let out a shaky sigh, her eyes went misty as she recalls all the nice things Seth did and said. Even when he dared her to not cake him. She still missed his rebellious spirit too....

Zer0 Zer0

Hisaya and Serena

It was very slight, but Serena could swear she heard someone stifle a sob. There was no other someone in the room except for one grumpy pebble.

* * * *​

Meanwhile, miles and miles away a traveler astride a droopy camel was humming a tune as he crossed the hot sandy dunes of the Sonoran desert with three others.

" Every now and then
My heart wanders back in time
and all those warm feelings
awaken the memories in my mind

And it’s as if it were only yesterday
that we were in love and making promises
under Luthien the manna tree
as fate got the best of us
and lead us down paths separately

Sometimes, it catches me by surprise
the way my heart will ache
as I recall your voice, your music
the smile on your face "

"Brother of mine, your poems have been as sappy as the inside of that dune worm." said Sen who rode up on his camel behind his twin.

"Ah, brother of mine, cupid hath struck me with his golden arrow true, and till now his happy wound aches anew." said Seth.

"Yet for all you know, she's forgotten about you."

Seth grinned, then cleared his throat.

"Though miles come between us
And distance keeps us apart
Nothing can ever change
The love inside my heart

I may not be there with you
Every minute of the day,
But you’re always here with me
In at least a thousand ways

Whether it be a thought,
Or a moment that we’ve shared,
It only takes a second
To get from here to there

Though I cannot really feel
You here at my side,
It’s always nice to know
I’ve got these memories in my mind"

Then in a much louder voice that rolled across the sands.

"I MISS YOU SERENA
MY ANGRY VIOLINIST SPRY
WHOSE EYEBROW I SHAVED, BECAUSE YOU THREW AT ME PIE

YOU PROBABLY WOULD THROW ME
IF YOU KNEW I STOLE A KISS
WHEN YOU WERE STILL SLEEPING IN DREAMY BLISS"

Katsuya Katsuya

thumb-1920-640950.jpg

-Hisaya and Serena-

The bitter song slowly stopped as her sharp hearing picked up a sound. Serena's misty eyes looked over to where the stone is and gulped. She didn't say a word. It wasn't necessary as she can already tell...that he's actually crying. Wrath is crying from her song...

A song she thought no one on this ship would actually understand...

Breathing in and letting out a quiet sigh, Serena closed her eyes, the tears that were gathering fell down her cheeks as she played another tune. The song was more like a lullaby, one filled with grief of missing a loved one as the light and delicate notes floated around the room. Somehow it's softer, the feelings are still there, but similar to someone landing on a pillow after a harsh and long fall.

It's almost like she wanted Wrath...Hisaya to let it out. Telling him it's okay to cry if he wants. Letting him know that she understood that feeling too and that she will join him through song.

She let out a quiet sob. "I miss you too, my silly ninja..." Serena admitted as if she heard Seth from far away and sniffed.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
Hisaya and Serena

"For a brat, that was a good song." said Hisaya's voice after a while. He sounded more mellow. "You are the one who conjures fireflies through her violin . . . your friends called you Serena. Funny name for someone not serene, and yet at the same time fitting for someone who makes others serene. Who gave you that name?"

Katsuya Katsuya

-Hisaya and Serena-

After finishing her song relishing on the quieting end, Serena snorted when he called her a brat again. "For a pebble, you have a good ear." Is her sharp retort, but her tone sounded...like she was telling a joke. A light tease or jab at a friend.

She listened to his observation, her azure blue eyes glued to the pebble as she came closer to the table. Then she shook her head, somewhat smiling an ironic smile. Well well-! The angry rock immediately spotted her problem all too quickly. Who knew he was so smart?

"...Do you always analyze people based on their names or is that just you being you?"

She waited for a moment. "...My...My mother." Serena answered though she looked a bit sad. She misses her family and crazy mentor dearly, but she didn't say anything about it to anyone because she didn't want to burden anyone.

"...What...What is your name? If you have one...I never asked the others because...well..." He's the one who broke her nose with his boot-!

Zer0 Zer0

Hisaya and Serena

"You don't know who I am?" said Wrath sounding surprised. "I am Hisaya. I know I have a second name, but I cannot remember . . . Why are you here instead of the two love birds? This is the second day I have not seen them. Where are we?"

Katsuya Katsuya

-Hisaya and Serena-

Two love birds, huh? Serena grinned mischievously as an evil thought entered her mind. She is sooo~ going to tease James about that. Then she shook her head, getting rid of that thought for now and answered.

"No, I don't. I never asked anyone about your name." She really didn't want to acknowledge that he was human in the first place hence why she acted like she didn't know his name. Even when she heard it a million times over from Renee, James, and Lydia...but she doesn't know how to feel about this now when she knows he can cry too.

Serena raised an eyebrow at that. He has a second name and can't remember it? That's sad. She wondered if she should even tell him but he was being nice...so...

"I'm here because said love birds are off into a winter wonderland called Winslow." The blonde replied honestly. "They didn't want anyone to come in here, so I volunteered to take care of this place instead." In turn, take care of him too.

"...How come you don't remember your second name?" Serena asked, a bit curious now.

Zer0 Zer0

Hisaya and Serena

"I have lost many memories since I was reborn." said Hisaya. "Like running water they are always slipping away, but I remember my wife and child . . . What is Winslow like?"

Katsuya Katsuya

-Hisaya and Serena-

That is the most depressing thing she has ever heard. 'Maybe I can remember for him and retell him every time he asks...' She thought momentarily.

"...Winslow is a village for wolves..." Serena described as much as she could based on what Johnny has told her before when they talked about their homes. Hiding her sadness that Hisaya wouldn't remember this either, it made her wonder...

Would Hisaya like to see the outside world once they get to the Storm wall? Serena is going to ask him later on, once she knows for sure that he isn't playing around or lying.

"What is your wife and son like? They have to be sweet if your wife can take your anger problem." Serena joked lightly at the end, smiling a bit.

Zer0 Zer0

Lydia Dubois
-First Meeting-

“Mother! I really don’t think this is necessary!” Lydia complained as Madam Dubois tugged at the strings of her daughter’s corset, Lydia gasped and placed a hand to her stomach, “honestly, I am going for an apprenticeship in magic, not a modeling job!”

Her mother stopped tugging the strings as she saw Lydia wince and her lips pursed slightly before she tied the lengths of strings tightly in a bow, “no… of course you aren’t, still, it doesn’t hurt to make a good first impression and this is so they know that you come from a respectable family and will stay true to your word.”

“I don’t really think that they are going to care how I look…”

“My daughter! You are the one that studied the history of Howl Pendragon… he is a known heart breaker, of course how you look matters!”

“Mother…” Lydia placed a hand on her forehead in exasperation, “I am not going to find a husband so whether or not Master Howl was a ‘heart breaker’ doesn’t really affect me. Besides that, he’s married.”

Lydia just shook her head, she couldn’t believe her mother’s audacity. She supposed she was right in one way, first impressions were important, but this wasn’t a fashion competition she was entering and she honestly thought the woman was being a little overzealous.

Lydia’s father and older brothers all had to work, which was really nothing new, so Lydia’s father had bought them tickets for a private train car to make sure that they were comfortable during their journey from Bourgeaus, Frankia to Kingsbury, Belarius. Since her eldest brother, Frederick, couldn’t be there with her and their mother, he had asked his wife Amelie to take the trip with them. Amelie currently stood off to the side holding the deep blue gown that Lydia was going to wear now that they were almost to Kingsbury.

Once Lydia had her gown on over all of the, what Lydia termed ‘medieval undergarments,’ to which her mother quickly responded that Lydia’s undergarments weren’t medieval that they were at the height of fashion and hadn’t been something worn in the Dark Ages, Amelie had set to work doing Lydia’s make up, “mother, I know that they weren’t worn during the Dark Ages, I am simply saying that they are like torture devices.”

Amelie laughed, Lydia’s mother looked taken aback by both of the younger females. Madam Dubois’ lips pursed and parted a few times as she searched for how to respond, “th- hm… ne-nevermind that, just be still!”

Amelie winked at Lydia with a smile still on her face and Lydia smiled back coyly. She really liked Amelie and thought that Frederick had lucked out in both adhering to their parents’ wishes and finding someone that he genuinely loved.

When the train pulled into the station at Kingsbury and Lydia’s mother and sister-in-law were also all decked out in their gloves and hats and other accessories, Lydia’s mother checked and made sure that the different sets of luggage they brought with them would be delivered as they should be, Lydia’s luggage to the Pendragon’s door and her own things as well as Amelie’s to a local hotel that they would be staying in for a week because Lydia’s father had suggested that they stay in case Lydia should change her mind. Lydia had learned not to argue with her father, while he didn’t very often pay any mind to what his children did, when he did step in it was time to be quiet, listen, and do as he says because arguing just wasn’t an option. Monsieur Dubois’ word was law in his home.

The trio of ladies stopped in at a pastry shop at Madam Dubois’ behest. She didn’t want Lydia showing up empty handed considering that all Monsieur Pendragon had to go on where her daughter was concerned was the letter she had written requesting the apprenticeship and describing the virtues of Lydia such as how she practically lived, breathed, and dreamed magic all day every day despite the fact that they lived in a virtually magic free city. She had also included a letter that Lydia had given her which was basically a novel. Lydia hadn’t really known what to write and had been so excited at the prospect of Master Howl reading a letter from her that she had included many theories she had about spells she was learning, things she had learned about the history of magic, what she had read about him, and various other subjects that she included out of purely being nervous, but all was written in her finely honed writing that appeared more like art than actual script.

“How about this one?” Lydia’s mother held up a white cake with white frosting and decorated by little white leaves molded from sugar. Lydia grimaced and shook her head, “why not, dear? It’s an elegant looking cake.”

“But it’s boring,” Lydia laughed and shook her head, “who wants to eat a boring cake. It’ll taste just as boring as it looks,” the shop owner looked affronted and Lydia’s cheeks puffed up as her face turned red.

Her mother laughed nervously and pushed her daughter aside, “she doesn’t mean anything by it, I’m sure your cake is wonderful, I myself adore it… my daughter… just has different tastes,” she smiled prettily as she apologized. Lydia got her looks from her mother, while the elder of the two had features that were more refined because of her age, she was still just as pretty as she had been when she was younger. Her soft brown hair was woven into a coiled bun that appeared to look somewhat like a Celtic knot and her hat had a wide brim and various extravagant ornaments. The same thing could be said for Amelie, though her hair was woven lower on her head and pinned in curls. Both of the ladies wore bright colors and large hats where Lydia wore darker shades and a little top hat that matched her dress and sat slightly askance on her head.

After soothing the pastry shop’s owner, Lydia’s mother turned to her and lay a hand on the loose little bun she had made on the back of her daughter’s head by simply pinning the ends of the black strands under the rest of her hair, “I really think you ought to have let us do your hair.”

“Mother… I know you want this to go well, but I really think you are overthinking it. Once I get there, do you really think that I am going to stay so dressed up?” Lydia continued to look at the cakes as she spoke and her face lit up as she saw the one she wanted.

Madam Dubois’ expression looked somewhat melancholy for a moment, the woman was torn between wanting to see her daughter’s dreams come true but at the same time she wanted her to stay at home and live the life her parents had always dreamed her to. Though she saw Lydia’s expression and turned her gaze to see what her daughter was looking at, smiling gently, “of course. Madam, we’ll take that one,” she gestured towards the cake that Lydia had chosen through facial expression alone. She knew it was her daughter’s favorite and she supposed it would be as good an introduction as any.

Lydia didn’t mind her mother riding with her to the Pendragon’s door, but Madam Dubois thought it best that they part at the cake shop after making their purchase. She wanted Lydia to appear as a strong young woman, ready to be on her own and prepared for an apprenticeship, not a little girl that still wanted to hide behind her mommy’s skirt. When Lydia’s eyes teared, her mother dabbed them gently with a handkerchief and told her that there was no reason to cry because they weren’t parting forever and they could still write, she told Lydia to be sure to write to let them know how she was doing. Amelie hugged her and asked her to write as well because she wouldn’t hear the end of it from Frederick if they didn’t hear from his baby sister.

Lydia agreed and it was into the carriage she went, waving goodbye to her loved ones until they were engulfed by the sea of people that were strolling the streets of Kingsbury. Before long she found herself sitting in a motionless carriage checking her appearance as the footman opened the door. She took a deep breath and lifted the edge of her skirt so she wouldn’t trip over it as she exited the carriage. She handed the cake she had brought with her to the footman before raising one of her feet clad in a granny boot to step on the little ladder that led down from the carriage, only to catch her heel and start falling. The footman let out a little gasp, holding the cake in one hand and catching her with the other, “are you alright, miss?”

What a great start. Lydia shook her head and laughed at herself a moment, “yes, I’m fine. Thank you,” the footman nodded to her as she righted herself and made sure she was steady before she took the cake from him, and nodded a farewell before she strode towards the door and rang the bell, hoping that no one had incidentally been looking out the window and seen her being so clumsy, though she supposed staying there, she wouldn’t be able to hide that side of her for long.

Zer0 Zer0 Katsuya Katsuya

Hisaya and Serena

"Yes . . . she was . . ." said Hisaya, pausing for too long. "My son loved ships, he used to make them out of scraps of wood and leaves. He wanted to be an explorer like me and also be a pirate." he chuckled fondly. "I miss him so much it hurts."

He didn't speak for a while. "Tell me more about the wolves, Serena." he said insistently, changing the subject.

Talking about his family seemed to make him sad or hurt, so Hisaya would deliberately change the topic every time. It was like he wanted to be distracted to forget his lost.

Katsuya Katsuya

e802445defaf0556ed5258bd413ee1a3.jpg

-Hisaya and Serena-

Serena stared at the red ruby blankly for a second when he stopped speaking. Sounds like he really loved his family...

'I miss him so much it hurts...' is the key sentence here for her. The one that really made Serena want to play for the red stone.

The blonde wanted to know more about his family but she respected Hisaya's wishes. She started to talk more about the wolves, how some have feathers and others do not. 'I wonder what will happen if his son knew that his dad is on a ship.' She wondered, already thinking that the little boy would be so excited at the idea. Considering he wants to be a pirate...

'I do have a song that reminds certain people of pirates and having adventure...' Serena thought mindlessly as she continued to talk with Hisaya, describing not just the wolves anymore; she's describing other places too like Kingsbury, Bink's village, the ruins at the plains...

Her fingers itched again and the violinist looked for some paper and pencil to write down the notes in her head, once again inspired. The source though...is what surprised her...

Serena will play this song tomorrow as she continued to chatter and talk about the different places that she visited.

On the third day, Serena came in with a determined look on her face. Like she was on a mission or something.

As she told Sasha that she can sleep now after placing so many charms on her, the violinist stood in the middle of the room. She faced in Hisaya's direction, closing her blue eyes as she prepared her violin on her shoulder, placed her bow on the strings, and played.

It started off with a rough note leading up to a dark piece, slow and steady but ominous. As it grew more and more terrifying, Hisaya would hear something something else; A light note that keeps popping up. Like a memory that wouldn't fade away, gripping onto something...someone important. That light note gently took over the ominous sound or to be more accurate: it's intertwining together, soothing the pain the dark sound was making. Like it was okay to be that...angry, to be the way it is because that light note will always stay together with it. Not to make it happy again, no. Just to keep it company and to have a friend beside it...

Then there's another note, something brighter compared to the other two notes as it bounced around in a nonsensical fashion like someone was playing fighting against an invisible foe and the ominous note would soften up as soon that bright note was alone with it. Like it didn't want to scary it away nor hurt it with it's harshness; it even went so far as to play around with the brighter note happily...Until the softer note stopped abruptly and the brighter note faded away...

Leaving the ominous note alone, questioning in a desperate manner....and it screamed in pain, ending the song with a loud screech-!

Serena has her eyes shut tight as she panted hard, her shoulders and stomach moved with each breathe she took. Throughout the whole song, Serena felt like she was drowning in the deepest pit the ocean could ever provide with despair...It took her a while, but she managed to recover and peek a curious but wary blue eye at Hisaya, wondering what he thought of it this time...

Zer0 Zer0

111610dk4k4oqxjc6x4kd6.jpg

-Renee Pendragon-

-First meeting-

A loud explosion can be heard from a certain door in the Pendragon household, purple smoke plumed out from the cracks the door could not cover as the color dial on the door handle changed from green to orange; A young girl stomped out of the smoking room, coughing loudly. White tiny wings on the back of her head flapped away the smoke that's coming from her studio

"Okay...no-coughs!- No more Thesial sticks with -clears throat- Mugwog. -Hacks!-"

For two months, Renee is trying to come up with a cure for her...new appendages and hoping they would disappear before then but no luck. Her wings are still there. She didn't mind her short white hair after all her mother has short white hair, but really...she missed having long hair in general.

It's no fun to just have it in a braid all the time but as fate would have it...her hair will only have that one single braid to play around with.

Normally Renee wouldn't care about looks (considering her father always ALWAYS made comments about his own appearance and it drove her into insanity whenever he does, swearing off anything that has to do with fashion) but sometimes she wants to change hairstyles. Make it into a bun or a ponytail. Not the same old wild pixie cut that she's sporting with her one single braid on the side-!

The 16 years old sighed in resignation as maybe...she should just keep her wings...

Hearing the doorbell and Calcifer screaming out "Kingsbury door!", Renee looked over to the stair case with a deadpanned look on her face. Oh great...someone is here and this purple smoke would just....-!

"Oh no-! The smoke! I have to air it out-! UM-!" Renee panicked, her wings spread open as she didn't want the visitor or possible costumer of her dad to be offended by the weird smell of unwashed socks and pumpkin pie. Then she went back in her studio, opened a window and waved the smoke out with an old sketchbook.

"Hey! Someone's at Kingsbury!" Calcifer yelled out and Renee answered back.

"Hold on-! Geez! Learn to be patient-!"

"Not when there's someone at da door!"

"Is the visitor dangerous or something?"

There was silence...and Renee thought that maybe she should save some of the smoke to ambush this person...

"No. It's a girl and she has cake."

.....A girl with cake? That caught Renee's attention as she tried to remember something, slowing down her fanning...Her father did mention about a letter didn't he?...Something about...a...

"OH! I think I know who it is! Wait! Um-!" Renee dropped her sketchbook nearby the baby flytraps that likes to eat her paper, closing the door behind her. She ran down the stairs as she tugged on her clothes, trying to look like she didn't just come out of her room with an explosion. Her wings flapped like they were flustered. "Okay! How do I look? Fantastic? Majestic?" She posed in front of the fire demon who just looked at her like she was being an idiot.

"...Jus open da door, Renee." She pouted at Calcifer. Her puffed up wings wilted down in her annoyance.

"You're no fun, Cal."

"Dat's wha ya get for makin' da girl wait by da door."

"I was busy with the smoke! What do you want me to do?! Just let her smell it?? Do you know how weird it is?!"

"J-jus open da door, will ya?" Renee grumbled quietly, her footsteps stomping loudly on the wooden floor boards as she walked down the small case of stairs and opened the door to see a...young lady? She looks fancy...Is she really the one her dad was talking about?

"...Hello, my name is Renee Pendragon. How can I help you, miss?" Renee greeted pleasantly, smiling a warm and cheerful smile as the wings on her head flapped happily.

Lydia would see that this girl is wearing commoner's clothing; A white button up shirt with the top two buttons undone with the sleeves pulled up to her elbows and tucked into an orange embroidered black skirt that reaches down to her knees and held up by suspenders. The design is simple: thin lines swirling around the bottom part of the skirt like they were clouds. There's an orange ribbon around her head and tied into a neat bow behind her neck. She wore dark grey tights but didn't wear her usual knee high brown boots as she hated to wear shoes in the house for some unknown reason. She's even wearing black leather gloves that reached to her wrists, pink circular gems laid on the back of the hands. Her height is the same as Lydia's: short and petite.

Though what would catch Lydia's attention the most is the wings on her head, the patches of purple bird skin around her very bright sunset colored eyes and on her forearms, and a purple diamond shaped gem that's on the middle of her brow.

"Oh! Where are my manners. Come in! I'll make some tea while you tell me about your reason to visit my father's humble abode." Renee commented as she stood aside to let Lydia in. Once she was in, the Pendragon teen closed the door behind them and walked up to Calcifer to start on one of her special blends of tea: honeysuckle and lavender with a bit of green tea.

"Sit anywhere you like!" Renee encouraged as she grabbed the metal kettle to pour water in while picking out the tea leaves. Her wings settled, fluttering on some moments.

5bcbe05dbe73d170ca41efb3a81d92a6.jpg

Zer0 Zer0 Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

Last edited:
- Hisaya and Serena -

"That . . . that almost sounds like me, but with someone else. That was incredible, Serena!" said Hisaya's voice. "How did you do that? Did you compose that all by yourself?"

The red crystal seemed to shine brighter and something, a reflection of a part of a face twinkled across the shiny surface for a moment.

Katsuya Katsuya

- First Meeting -

MR-351040-642060-7.jpg

A rush of footsteps was heard from the floor above. Two twin faces peered out from the corner of the stairs, while a gangly man in a green cloak with mop of orange hair passed them, saw Lydia, then smiled and opened his arms in welcome.

"Good morning! You must be Lydia Dubois the new apprentice, I see you've met Renee." he hopped down and shook Lydia's hand. "I'm Markl, Howl's apprentice too." he said cheerfully. "My master's still bathing upstairs. He'll come out after an hour. Please, sit --- ah, let me take your bags. Renee, could you whip up some --- oh, you already have tea. Could you take out the cookies from the pantry as well? Thank you."

The twins peering from the corner were looking at Lydia up and down. "It's a girl." said one.

"Of course it's a girl, doi." said the other, rolling his eyes.

"Sen, Seth, come introduce yourselves." said Markl.

"You're not the boss of us." they said together and wagged their tongues at him in exact mirror gestures and ran back up the stairs laughing.

"Sen and Seth, two of Master Howl's kids." said Markl pulling up a chair to sit across Lydia. "They're relatively harmless, just make sure you have a good padlock on all your things --- oh, and beware of pranks. You're new, they're definitely going to pull something off as a sort of welcome-to-the-family-initiation."

As Renee served them tea and cookies, Markl introduced Calcifer to Lydia and got to chatting with her about the duties of an apprentice and some of his master's eccentricities such as having baths that could take up to one to four hours, until a door opened and closed upstairs, then brisk footsteps moved across the floor.

"What are you two doing?" said another male voice.

"Nothing." said the voices of the twins, then they sniggered and a pair of light steps whisked away and another door opened and closed.

"James, your father's new apprentice is here, come introduce yourself!" said Markl.

Lazy steps went down the stairs and a tall lanky boy with pale skin, a broad back, and messy black hair that fell with a casual elegance over his intelligent, placid black eyes strode out of the corner. He was in a baggy shirt and pajamas that made him look even lankier. He had a towel over his shoulder and was clutching a toothbrush in one hand.

"Hey." he said sleepily. "James. Summoner. That's me." he yawned as he extended a limp hand to shake, undoubtedly blowing morning breath in Lydia's direction.

Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle Katsuya Katsuya

-Hisaya and Serena-

Serena smiled proud as she laughed breathlessly. That song really took it out of her. Most songs she plays always left her an impression of sorts; Hisaya's song is unlike most as he really is a complicated soul and Serena can tell just by listening to him. It's not his words that helped create it either. It's his tone of voice.

"I'm glad you like it." She started off as she walked closer to the table and plopped herself down to sit. The blonde blinked when she noticed a face appearing as the stone shined bright and she grinned happily.

"You inspired me yesterday when we were talking and I had to write it down before I forget. Wanted to let you hear it too." Serena admitted, her cheeks turning into a light pink, humbled. She leaned in on the table to get a closer look at the stone.

"I'm seriously super happy that you like your theme." Serena chirped.

-Renee Pendragon-
-First Meeting-

'So it is her, the one that dad's talking about.'

Renee giggled when Markl and the twins came down, but then she felt like an idiot. 'I forgot to ask for her name!' She mentally scolded herself before shaking her head and heard Markl's request for cookies. She smiled again.

"Yea, sure. Hold on a sec.."

The winged teen walked over to the second kitchen, looking around the cupboards and cabinets, searching for that jar of sugar cookies within the cluttered mess. Once she found it, high on the top shelf, Renee gave a deadpan stare, her wings flapped stubbornly. Then she made an attempt to jump...

"Got it-! W-Woah!"

A clatter of pots and pans was heard from the second kitchen. Within a few seconds, Lydia could hear Renee reassuring a worried looking Markl.

"I'm okay! I'm good! N-nothing broke! I swear...at least I hope not.."

Renee came out with a plate of normal looking sugar cookies with tea ready to be served in the cup and placed it in front of the new apprentice to be. "Here you go, enjoy." Then she walked back into the second kitchen to clean up the mess she made for grabbing onto the shelf.

After James introduced himself, Renee's voice piped in cheerfully from the kitchen.

"I'm a herb student!"

Last edited:
-First Meeting-
The carriage Lydia had ridden to the house at 44 Ruby Street was still waiting, as directed to by her mother. Lydia had the feeling that her parents either thought she was much more indecisive than she actually was or they just really wished that she would change her mind. She cast a glance back towards the carriage where the footman stood holding the carpet bag she had brought with her with a few things she would need to be comfortable that night if her luggage didn't arrive that day. She smiled at him awkwardly before turning back towards the door. She thought she could hear voices coming from inside, but with the noise of the street, she wasn't sure.

She began to feel restless, to her it seemed like it was taking a long while for someone to answer the door and she started to worry, her mind taking in all sorts of ideas such as maybe Master Howl had changed his mind and decided that he didn't want to have an apprentice that had no real exposure to magic whatsoever. Or maybe she had the wrong house? She wondered why he had given her mother this address in the city and not just met her out in a field somewhere. She began to feel a little disheartened, maybe Master Howl didn't want her to stay with his family in the castle and instead was going to teach her from this home in the city.

Lydia absently fussed with her hair and straightened the long, pressed skirt that hid her feet from view. She had never paid any attention to her appearance before, or very little at the most. She had even argued with her mother that her appearance didn't matter in this case, and yet she suddenly felt the need to make sure her appearance was more than adequate. It was then that the door opened and Lydia turned her large green eyes accentuated by a sleek smoky look and black mascara, towards the door, a somewhat surprised expression on her face as she looked the girl that had opened the door over.

She blinked a few times as she took in the girl's appearance, the first thing she thought was that she was way overdressed. She probably could have just worn her favorite dress and been fine, plus she would be a lot more comfortable since she found it difficult to breathe in what she was currently wearing. Secondly, well she didn't really know what to take note of secondly because everything else was so unusual and so her eyes bounced around all over the girl's face before a bright smile crossed her features like she had discovered some new and wonderful treasure. 'She's a Pendragon! A Pendragon!' She stood up straight since she had been pointlessly brushing the pretty blue fabric of her skirt when the door had opened and held the cake up in front of her her, "um... y-yes I-I'm L-L-Lydia Dubois... here's some cake."

She could have kicked herself then and there if it wouldn't have made her seem even more ridiculous than all the stuttering probably already did. 'Really Lydia? Here's some cake?' her cheeks flushed and she looked down at the cake which she now held in both hands, her arms slightly outstretched in front of her, a soft sigh passing between her wine hued lips as Renee stepped aside to allow her entry into the home. At least she didn't have the wrong house. She turned towards the footman and smiled, beckoning him over. He followed her up to the door and set her bag inside before tipping his hat slightly and leaving as Renee closed the door.

She followed Renee up the little staircase and looked around, taking careful note of her surroundings before somewhat distractedly looking to Renee and offering a meek smile and nod of her head, "oh... u-um... thank you," she drew in a deep breath, at least as deep as she could breathe in with the corset around her torso. It was all she could do to remain calm and collected, straining to act like she was as elegant as she appeared to be and constantly reminding herself to focus on her movements and not to appear as nervous as she actually was, her heart racing beneath the tight blue fabric of the bodice of her gown. She had been making her way to a chair to sit when she heard the rush of footsteps upstairs and froze up like a scared animal, her big green eyes blinking in surprise as the twin boys peeked around the corner. They looked like they were around her age. She quickly averted her eyes, she knew Master Howl had children, but she wasn't sure how many since she had mostly followed his career and not his personal life. Most of what she knew about the latter was just in rumors anyway.

She didn't have a chance to sit as shortly after she had seen the two boys, someone else appeared and addressed her. She smiled and nodded. She wasn't exactly sure how to greet him, should she wave? Bow? She didn't need to think about it because he offered his hand instead and she sighed slightly and accepted it with her own delicate, lace covered hand, "o-oh... y-yes," she smiled bashfully as she answered, now more fully taking in his appearance. He was an adult? She wondered how long had he been an apprentice or had he only recently started? She was curious to know how long an apprenticeship would last since she wasn't very used to this sort of arrangement. He spoke so quickly and she was so nervous though that she couldn't really ask.

"O-one.... hour?" she looked shocked, though whether it was the fact that Master Howl bathes for an hour or how quickly Markl was speaking, it was hard to say. Of course there was also the added fact that she hadn't even expected to meet Master Howl at all and now there was the prospect that she would actually get to meet him? She didn't even know what to think about that and she was grateful that she wasn't a nervous sweater considering all of the people whose hands she would likely have to shake that day but the anticipation that welled up inside her was hard to suppress and turned her shocked expression to one of pure joy.

"Th-th... um..." she just nodded and sat down, putting the cake on her lap if Renee didn't take it when she held it out at the door. She took another deep breath and closed her eyes for a moment before she heard Markl speak again and she glanced over to the boys that she could only assume that he was talking about when he said for them to come and introduce themselves. She had manged to calm herself enough to where her cheeks weren't red anymore, but she still had the wide eyed look of an owl on her features as she watched the two boys sass Markl. She couldn't help but quirk a slight smile before her gaze drifted back to Markl and she nodded her head, "o-oh..." she took note of his warning. Right now all she had was the one bag, and she supposed that her other things were taking a while to get there primarily because the largest chest she had brought was loaded down with books. All the books that she thought would be the most beneficial or important and the ones that were her favorites. She wondered if maybe that chest would need its own carriage and giggled slightly to herself before she shook her head and looked to Markl, "u-um... I only have one bag... the rest of my things are being delivered separately," her gentle voice was almost a whisper as she spoke.

When Markl introduced her to Calcifer, her face lit up with excitement and she became a fountain of questions that flowed from her with surprising ease and at a normal volume compared with how she had previously been speaking. This only went on for a couple of moments before she realized what an idiot she probably appeared to be to those that were used to this kind of thing and she cleared her throat gently, composing herself, which was probably a good thing since her balance started to falter and she felt slightly dizzy. She took that moment to sit and listen to everything Markl had to say about life as Master Howl's apprentice, though she jumped as the crash from the other room was heard and she could only assume that was the kitchen since Renee had gone to fetch cookies. Her gaze rested on Markl as he checked on Renee and remained there as she continued to listen with very notable interest, seeming like she was taking mental notes when Markl continued speaking about the duties she would undertake as an apprentice. She couldn't help but feel honored to be allowed to know about Master Howl's eccentricities and one would think that she had just received the top prize in a contest by the expression on her face.

She smiled to Renee as she delivered the tea and cookies and took the opportunity to offer her the cake again if she hadn't taken it before, "thank you," she then watched her go back to the kitchen.

As their conversation halted because of sounds from upstairs, Lydia turned her gaze in that direction again, shifting her position on the chair as she did so, her back straight because of the corset, she was sitting like a very elegant lady and with each passing moment, she grew more and more lightheaded, trying not to take breaths that were too shallow but not really succeeding. She had been smiling and the expression faltered slightly as she closed her eyes a moment but returned as she heard the short dialogue that occurring upstairs. She wondered if Seth and Sen were preparing the aforementioned prank. Lydia wiggled in her seat slightly as Markl called yet another Pendragon child down to introduce himself. She wondered just how many more of Master Howl's children she would be introduced to as well as when she might meet their mother.

As the one that Markl had addressed as James came down the stairs, Lydia couldn't help but notice how much he looked like Howl beneath the messy black hair that lay over his eyes and she felt her heart jump slightly, her little lace covered hands tightening into small fists. She nodded as he bluntly introduced himself and smiled slightly. She wondered what her mother would think with so many boys Lydia's age living in the same house that she would be living in with none of them being related to her, though she wasn't capable of shaking James' hand as he breathed on her and the last little ounce of oxygen she had vacated her body as her eyes closed and she slumped, falling backwards off the chair and to the floor.

Lydia had fainted.

Zer0 Zer0 Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
-Renee Pendragon-
-First Meeting-

Renee didn't take the cake the first time because Lydia seemed like she needed to hold something at the moment with how nervous and excited she seemed like. The winged teen was really amused with her mannerisms; She's quiet and stutters when she does talk, but her expressions are loud and open for the world to read. Though she looked stiff...Like physically stiff and it worried Renee a bit, but she didn't think much on it.

She knows that women wear corsets to seem more womanly ('Curvy with hips.' Renee added in her thoughts), so she suppose that Lydia just cares about her appearance, which made the winged teen even more amused. She wondered how Lydia will do while training with her father once it gets messy. There's a chance that Lydia wouldn't be able to save those fancy dresses from stains.

'I hope the twins will be nice with their pranks on her...' Renee barely stops the twins' pranking methods unless it was too much; Except towards James. That's just too funny to watch unfold and she would laugh at the sidelines as James chase the twins around the castle.

The winged teen smiled warmly as she took the cake when Lydia offered again, making sure to not drop it while walking into the mess she made at the pantry and kitchen. Once she got the cake safely on the counter, Renee started to pick up the pots and pans, half listening to Markl informing Lydia about training. As soon as she was done cleaning up, Renee opened the box that held the cake to see a fruity cake. It's simple, but the flavors are harmonious. Tangy fruits with the sugary goodness of the fluffy dessert bread is a yummy combination and it goes well with almost any tea flavors too.

'Interesting. She dresses up like an aristocrat but brings in a simple cake...What an interesting girl...' Renee thought, already knowing that she's over thinking again but finds that small detail as a highlight of who Lydia could be. With a shrug of her shoulders, the winged Pendragon cut the nice cake into slices and delicately places a slice to a plate: One for Markl, James, Seth, Sen, Lydia, and herself. She left two plates on the table for the twins as she's bringing cake slices for the ones in the living right now, not noticing the commotion from her brother and her father's oldest apprentice.

"Okay, I have the cake rea-! AHH!"

Crash!

Clack!

Renee quickly walked up to the fainted brunette, looking over her for a moment before looking back at James and Markl with wide eyes. Her wings flapped loudly in her panic.

"What happened?! What did you two do?"

She looked at the cookies, for a second thinking that the twins might have pranked Lydia already with the small treat but she can see that no one took a cookie yet. So that's out. Renee checked her vitals. It's fine. She checked if she has a fever or catching a cold, but no signs for it. So what...!

Her orange eyes narrowed where the corset should be, staring intently as she was waiting for her stomach and chest to come up and down. Nothing. No movement at all...

She placed her hands on where the corset is and she felt the tight strings that held Lydia's figure, wincing a bit. Ouch. That's too tight...

"Um...She's suffocating. Her corset is too tight on her and.." Renee looked over at the guys, frowning awkwardly at what she's about to say.

"I have to loosen it so she can breathe...Can you guys pick her up and put her in my room?" Once they did and placed Lydia on Renee's fluffy bed with stomach facing down, the winged teen sighed again and shook her head. Then she started to unzip her dress...

To remember that James and Markl are still in her room...

"Guys! Go! Leave!" Wings fluttering and starting to puff up, Renee pushed her brother and father's oldest apprentice out of her room and before she closed the door, her orange eye peeked through.

"I'll call you back in once she wakes up." Shutting the door and locking it in case someone becomes a pervert, Renee turned around and walked over to a fainted Lydia, unzipping her dress enough to see the corset. She winced again when she noticed how tight it is, her fingers expertly untied the string that's holding together and loosening it enough for her to breathe air before tying it and zipping up her dress. She shook her head in disbelief at the new girl.

"Why wear something like this if it's going to cut of your air supply? You're so silly..." Renee knew that she's going to like her more within time. She just hopes Lydia still has a normal rib cage by the time she wakes up because that corset was dangerously tight.

The white-haired Pendragon sat down on a wooden stool that's nearby her bed, grabbing her sketchbook and pencil to wait for the young and new apprentice to wake up on her own.

When she did, Renee looked over at her calmly and smiled warmly. Her wings fluttering in joy.

"Morning Lydia! Glad to know you're still alive. You know you gave us quite a scare earlier...Hold on." She stood up to unlock the door and yell about Lydia being awake before walking back and stood near the bed, crossing her arms.

"How do you feel? Need me to loosen your corset more? Or do you want your tea with the cake you brought in with..." Oh....right...she dropped Lydia's cake in the living room. Or well some parts of it. There should be more pieces left in the counter at the second kitchen.

"Sorry about undressing you, but I sort of wanted you to have air circulating in your lungs. Don't worry, the guys didn't see you. I made sure of it..." Renee reassured her quietly so her brother didn't hear her if he did come in, still smiling but there was a twinge of amusement in her eyes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back