• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Moments in Time

- Wanna Play Cat and Mouse? -
-One Shot -

It's the dead of night.

Quietness within the trees of the somewhat abandoned forest is haunting as none of the animals that was still living there made noise. There should be only a soft rustle of the pine needles or light crunches of snow echoing in this snowy night; only to be broken from a loud bang that alarmed the owls and sleeping creatures awake; they were spooked and ran away.

Just like the dark sniper who's running for his life right now.

Heavy footsteps crunched on the pure white snow as his breathing sounded more and more erratic. His reflective eyes looked behind him. Aware of the danger he is. The dark creature doesn't know how but someone has found him and is giving chase, making him the prey for once in his deprived life. His pointy ears kept up and moving around, searching for any sign, any sort of signal the other party is close by or not.

The dark creature lost his sniper rifle minutes ago as he walked away form the group he was traveling with. A bullet hit his hands and it made him drop it, running away from whomever that got him in the first place. He can't die here-! He has to get to the dragon servant and he can't do that if-

Another small bullet whizzed past him, cutting his cheek, and burrowed deep in the snow...

No-! So close-!?...What in the-?!

The dark creature yelped in surprise and tripped on his large gangling feet, landing on his tail. He hurriedly crawled backwards, panicked at whatever creature that might come out of the forests' shadows to finish the job-

"Wait! Please! I didn't-! I'm just an innocent-!" He closed his eyes, pointed ears folded back as he held a thin and spindly hand up; like that will stop whomever is following him.

His whimpering and whining stopped when he felt freezing metal on his forehead like someone is poking him; he froze in place, eyes wide open.

....Only to see a tiny little girl with the most intimidating frown and angry brows he's ever seen, facing towards him and away from the moonlight that's shining through the trees. Her arm is pointing at him and he can see...that her arm is a rifle gun...

He couldn't stop gaping in disbelief...

"...You're the one who shot James Pendragon..." She said quietly, teal eyes narrowed into slits. Then her hair veiled them as she gritted her teeth. "Tell me..." She growled calmly. "Do you know anything about a Sen or Seth Pendragon?"

"N-No! I don't-! I-I'm just a-"

"A killer. An assassin. A murderer." She answered for him. The dark creature gulped. "Well then...since you don't know...I'm done-"

"Wait-!" The creature shouted, fear written in his reflective eyes. "I-I was sent out to shoot James Pendragon. That's it-! I can tell you who sent me-!"

"..." The little sniper didn't say anything, waiting.

"Ever heard of Deathknights? I've been sent by Deathknight Lust-! They sent me here to kill the older siblings-"

"So.." She quietly whispered, already not liking this creature for lying in the first place. "You were sent to kill the Pendragons in total?...For what?"

"I-I don't know-! All I know is that-"

"I have no use for you then...but..." The dark creature hitched his breathe as the little girl's lips quirked up into an innocently disturbing smile, her eyes wide from underneath her hair fringes. Her teal eyes brightened and shined from the white snow reflecting the moon's light, inducing the true sense of fear in his bones.

"...Thank you..."

A loud gun shot was heard again, echoing in the cold night.

Minnie stood over the dead sniper with unmerciful doe eyes as she spotted something; she knew whom the item around the creature's wrist belongs to. She bends down to grab the string choker Sen usually wears and stood up straight. She stares at it for a while before looking at the moon's gentle white face.

"...Don't worry..." She whispered, almost like a promise. "We'll get you guys back...one way or another..." Minnie walked towards the dark shadows, ready to find the other snipers that dared mess with her friends' loved ones in the first place.

The game of Cat and Mouse is on...

Zer0 Zer0 Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

- The Prince's Request -
" One Day "

Tap, tap, tap, drummed Kenren's fingers on the wood. He was sitting, hunched over behind his desk piled high with papers, quill poised above a parchment of the army's expenditure today, and beside that an unfinished proposal of next week's budget. It had been a few weeks since they had returned from the Storm Wall, and as expected, his office work increased three-fold because he had to manage the costs of feeding and supplying his oriental army, the dragon army, and the construction of their forts across Frankia.

He sighed, looking at the negative numbers. There was no helping it . . . he was going to have to swallow his pride and do it . . .

"Knock, knock." said Kenren's voice outside Lydia's tent.

Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

-The Prince's Request-
Lydia sat cross-legged and hunched over in her tent, very intently reading a book she had borrowed from Historia. It wasn't really reference material so much as a story book, though maybe it was a little bit of both because it was a story written about actual events and Lydia's attention was rapt - so much so that she jumped slightly at the sound of a voice outside of her tent, her glasses being knocked askance from the jolt her body made, her brow furrowing slightly from her slight start.

Her large green eyes blinked a few times before her lips parted. She wasn't positive, but that sounded a little like Kenren, "your highness?" she questioned meekly, adjusting her glasses, the thumbs of either of her hands tightly gripping the pages of the book she had been reading.

Zer0 Zer0

- The Prince's Request -
" Kenren Taisho "

"There's something important I need to ask you, Lydia." said Kenren's voice. "Can we talk somewhere private?" If Lydia came out, she'd find the prince before her looking a little serious, a little uncertain, and a little embarrassed.

-The Prince's Request-
Lydia blinked a few more times, "u-uh... yes... sure," her thumbs were slipped from where they held down the pages of her book as she closed it, rising to her feet as she climbed out of the tent, still holding the book in one hand. Once she was outside and stood up right, she gave the prince a perplexed look, her glasses resting towards the tip of her nose, "e-erm...?"

She took a look around them, not really certain of where somewhere private could be given their current living quarters. She glanced over her shoulder at her tent before looking back to Kenren hesitantly, "is... in there okay... or do you....?" Despite her own awkwardness, she could tell that something was going on with the prince, though her mind leaped immediately to something being wrong, though why he would bring his problem to her, she was uncertain.

Zer0 Zer0

- The Prince's Request -
" Kenren Taisho "

"This way." said Kenren promptly and led her to the outskirts of the camp. Pine cones and needles crunched under his boots as they made their way down an old hunting trail between the trees and came to a stop beside a bubbling brook where most of the camp got their water upriver.

The prince didn't seem to know how to proceed. Whatever he wanted to say, it seemed to be a difficult subject to broach. After a moment's pause, he took a deep breath. "I think that you are an understanding person, Lydia, and this may come surprising given my position, but I trust that you will not think I am taking advantage, or that you have to do this given your own needs . . . so, straight to the point . . ." here he looked embarrassed, but kept his chin up dignifiedly so, " . . . can I borrow some money from you?"

-The Prince's Request-
With a nod, Lydia tucked her book under her arm and removed her spectacles, hooking them over the collar of her blouse where it plunged into a modest V over the buttons. She followed along behind Kenren, looking around warily. When Kenren stopped beside the brook, so did she, looking to him curiously, though the worry was still on her face.

"Is something wrong?" She said softly, almost in a whisper, her gaze still drifting around as though she were looking for something, especially when she looked back to him and saw his expression. She stood silently and listened to him speak and as he asked his question, her expression could be considered nothing but dumbfounded as she stared at him wide eyed for several moments in mild shock.

After a moment of being stunned, she couldn't help but release a soft giggle, placing her free hand to her face and snorting into it for a moment, her eyes squinted shut before she looked back to Kenren, "you had me scared for a moment... I thought something was seriously amiss!" She lowered her hand with a deep and relieved sigh, nodding her head, "of course, anything I have is yours."

Zer0 Zer0

- The Prince's Request -
" Kenren Taisho "

'I am a married man.' Kenren reminded himself, after his heart ba-bump. He blinked. "Good. Then, this is how much I need." he took out a roll of parchment sealed with the Taisho crest from his robes and showed it to her. It was a detailed list of his battle gear amounting to a large sum of gold.

He gave his solemn pledge that he would re-fund Lydia as soon as possible when the army's next shipment of provision arrives next week, and followed her back to her tent where he accepted the gold, inclining his head. He was still embarrassed and didn't know how to leave with dignity. "Well then . . . Thank you and . . . good luck on the field."

-The Prince's Request-
The expression on Lydia's face went from relieved to something that could only be described as honest. It was evident that she meant what she said. Anything she could do to help the cause wasn't beneath her, and any goal she could aim for to help the alliance achieve success wasn't out of her reach. Her little mouth formed a slight 'O' shape as Kenren held out the roll of parchment and she carefully unsealed and unrolled it, the gaze of her bright green eyes shifting from Kenren to the parchment and back again, clearing her throat gently and nodding slightly before rolling the parchment back up.

Lydia only shook her head and shrugged slightly to Kenren's promise, "a rich man spends his money, a poor man spends his strength," she gave Kenren a cheerful smile as she handed over the common coin pouch that she kept her gold reserves in when she wasn't shopping, "I know you'll put it to good use."

It made her feel uncomfortable to have the prince acting so... out of the ordinary with her so she just timidly bowed her head in turn, glancing to him and then the ground awkwardly, giggling that chirpy little giggle of hers a bit uncomfortably and nodding her head, "y-you're... welcome... a-and thank you!"

Zer0 Zer0

anton-fadeev-songhai-city.jpg

- A Wish From a Sister to a Brother -

-Jade Palace Entrance Hall, Awashima-
In the cold and quiet streets of Awashima, Renee walked alone with her usual furred cloak and green pea coat underneath to keep her warm. In her crossed arms is a beautifully decorated pot with a sapling of a tree that's swaying happily from the music that's faint from the distance of the portal she made. It even has a striped pink and white scarf wrapped around it so the sapling can stay warm from the cold breeze. Mica stayed on her shoulder with a red sweater that has...a cute design of stars all over and a small matching hat.

Everyone else is still celebrating on the other side of the Storm wall, a perfect moment to sneak away from Seifer, her family, and close friends to do what she wants to do. She is happy that her parents finally met Seifer and Sirius and while she would love to stay with them at the party, the Pendragon medic felt like she needed to do one more thing.

Something for her older and dear brother James...

"I just hope he didn't disappear yet, Caritas..." Renee muttered at the tree sapling that was once the Nameless One. She thought it would be appropriate to name the plant since names are always important, especially for trees.

Once she reached the grand and empty palace entrance hall, her wings fluttered happily. There! That distinct feature of the being she's looking for is like a beacon of where to find him. This being is-

"Ifrit! Sir Ifrit!" Renee chirped at the fire genie who is currently waiting for James to call for him, running towards the majestic wish maker. She secured Caritas with the scarf tucked tightly around the pot but loose around the sapling itself or himself, Renee guessed. Mica chattered as he tightened his grip on her shoulder as if saying 'Watch it! Go slower!'

"Sir Ifrit, I have an offer for you when James makes his wish for Hisaya."

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
" Ifrit "

The fiery djini, who as usual had his arms crossed and was just steadily gazing at the distance as though immune to boredom despite having had nothing to do all this time, looked down at Renee who called his name.

"You are here. Speak, I am listening."

Katsuya Katsuya

-Renee Pendragon-

"Can you take something from me instead of my brother when he makes a wish for Hisaya?" Renee asked, slowing down to a stop as she reaches the fiery genie. Mica squeaked in protest and made so much chatter like he wanted Renee to reconsider. She only placed a gentle hand over the ferret to calm him down and not draw any attention to them.

Zer0 Zer0

" Ifrit "

Ifrit raised a fiery eyebrow. "You desire to pay for his wish? Hmm . . . you are the first person I've come across who hasn't thought I owed them free wishes. Interesting . . . A body has a heavy price, little one, what can you offer me?"

Katsuya Katsuya

-Renee Pendragon-

"I couldn't help it. I thought that maybe it's like an exchange. Nothing is free in this world and besides...you're working hard too. I think it's fair that I pay something in return for your help in our need." Renee smiled gratefully at the genie, her wings fluttering happily. Mica hissed low at this whole thing, scrunching up his mouse-like snout. The genie can hear what he's saying.

'You are too soft, Renee! Don't do this!'

The Pendragon medic pondered for a moment, staring a bit intensely at the fiery figure until the genie can see a metaphorical light bulb light up. Her wings flapped excitedly. "...Having a body is a new change of life...then here's my offer: For Hisaya's body, I offer my eyesight." She said. "One change of life for another. He gains his body and I lose the one important tool in my life; my eyesight."

"Is that a good offer for you, Sir Ifrit?" Renee asked calmly, looking determined and braving her fear of never seeing again.

Zer0 Zer0

" Ifrit "

"It is even, it will be done. If he makes that wish, I will take your eyes. Even if he wishes them back, they will not be returned to you." said Ifrit. "It will be painless. This is my unbreakable contract with you, Renee Pendragon."

He crossed his heart with a finger, and a fiery X appeared over it. He gestured for Renee to do the same.

Katsuya Katsuya

-Renee Pendragon-

Renee did as the genie gestured; she crossed her heart with a finger. "I wouldn't have it any other way, Sir Ifrit." She sighed in relief. Then she curtsied with a hand to pull her cloak like a skirt, holding onto Caritas tightly with her other arm as Mica snorted his displeasure in this whole thing.

"Thank you for listening to my offer, Sir Ifrit." She said gratefully, smiling wide and bright. Her wings fluttering happily.

Zer0 Zer0

" Ifrit "

The same fiery X appeared over her heart and then disappeared. The djini seemed satisfied and inclined his head in return. "What a rare creature . . ." he said to himself after Renee had left. He was usually seen looking off into the distance, as though all the world was not as important as what he was thinking, but he watched Renee go, and remained facing the direction she had left, with his arms crossed and that same stoic face until he was finally summoned.

Katsuya Katsuya

-Renee Pendragon-

"I'm sure my brother will summon you soon. Good night, Ifrit." With that, Renee left Ifrit alone with Mica chattering loudly as if he was scolding her. She rolled her eyes in amusement.

"Mica, everything will be fine."

The ferret snorted at that, still not happy with her choice.

"...I have my reasons." Is what she said quietly before letting out a sigh. Renee knows why Mica is reacting the way he is. He knows all of her fears. One of which is her fear of total darkness. That's right: Renee is afraid of not seeing colors, shapes, people...she's afraid of losing her sight because it meant that it will harder to be a good medi-witch.

She swallowed down her cry in a gulp as she continued to walk towards the portal to the other side. That night, Renee had a weird look on her face as she stared. Taking in all the details she can until the day her brother makes that wish comes. Until that day comes, she would always ask Seifer if she can trace his face and neck with her hands like she wanted to remember it by touch as she closed her eyes each and every time she did it. She did the same to Sirius and smiled warmly at her son.

If Seifer ever wondered why and asked, all she said was, "Don't worry about it. I just want to appreciate you and Sirius more, that's all..." and kiss him.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
" Train to Coastal Town, Frankia "

Renee's boyfriend had noticed the change in her behavior, and he did ask, but he shrugged it off when she said that she just wants to appreciate him more, thinking this war probably made her feel more appreciative of the people in her lives.

The day of wishing finally came. James indeed forgot about Ifrit . . . again, but after a certain dinner where the family had learned that Lydia had a wizard uncle she never knew off, and who was in fact James' professor at the academy, he made plans with Serena to visit Hisaya in his home in that coastal town on the western borders of Frankia. That town had been the first land they had recaptured on their campaign to Paroosia, and it was now the main port where the land received most of its exports from the Orients, the Storm Wall kingdoms, Jahara Empire, Ashenvale, Dalaran, and all the other countries who sent generous supplies to rebuild the homeland of the heroes to save the world. Because of this, it was one of the most populated recovering settlements, full of people returning home.

The group who had come to witness Hisaya getting his body back, or just to visit, were now on a train heading for that coastal town. Serena was their guide as she knew where Hisaya and his family was living. The group were in a private compartment where they could have some quiet time away from all the admirers in the train who had thanked them profusely when they appeared at the train station.

Johnny was outside though, happily talking to everyone and asking how they were and if they needed anything; Seifer was bragging about his achievements with the twins, who had come along to retrieve a shipment for their guild.

Katsuya Katsuya Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

-Renee Pendragon-

Serena is excited! Finally her dear friend gets to have his body back and be with his family again. So she couldn't sit still in the train compartment. Actually she left to play her violin for the people in the train as her songs told the tales of her friends and cheering the crowd up for a better day. Echo stayed besides Johnny and talking with everyone as well with a humbled smile. Chenglei stayed with Kenren for personal reasons.

Meanwhile Renee stayed in the private compartment, staring out the window quietly with a wistful look on her face. Sirius, shrunken down, is on her lap and she caressed the fur on top of his head motherly, hoping the he's sleeping soundly despite the train's loud noises. Mica, the ferret had a blue sweater with snowflakes on it this time, is resting next to her, curled around the decorated pot of Caritas. His dark beady eyes stared at her very still wings for a moment before he looked at James. He snorted quietly.

Zer0 Zer0 Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

The sound of dancing and singing floated down the train as the people had a merry time under Serena's music; some took out spoons and clickitty-clacked them on their knees, while others drummed their luggage. Johnny was there with Echo in the same merry train carriage, touching shoulders with her, and every now and then he would reminisce the past together with her and give her hand an affectionate squeeze.

It so happened that there was a soldier who had been part of Echo's battalion on the train. She came over to salute her and introduced her fiancé, the healer who had taken care of her when she was injured. He too greeted Echo and Johnny admirably, thanking them for what they had done.

Somewhere, Kenren was liking Chenglei's personal reasons.

In the private compartment, Sirius was dozing off after he had exhausted himself running around the train, smelling things, and sticking his head out the window to see the passing scenery and feel the swift wind.

James was sitting across Renee, finally on the last chapter of the book, 'Too Many Crooks Spoil the Broth'. He was wearing robes of blue, and his messy hair fell with that casual elegance over his placid eyes. He looked up when he heard the Mica snorting, then made a face at the ferret. The little creature reminded him too much of Seifer, he even had a soft spot for Meatballs, just like how Seifer had a soft spot for Renee. It was then that he noticed his sister's expression.

Carefully, out of her line of sight, he extended a finger just a few inches right and behind her cheek. "Renee."

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
-Renee Pendragon-

In the middle of a ditty, Serena spun around and randomly kissed Seth when he passed by with Sen and Minnie before skipping back into the crowd. There were hearts forming from her violin and floating around her as she played. Minnie blinked before looking at Sen and gave him a small but genuine smile, bumping her hip to his tenderly playful.

Echo's ears perked up and nodded back at the couple, smiling warmly at them. She told them that she's really happy and grateful to have their support and effort. When Johnny reminisced about the past, the fawn looked at him with such affection that she kissed his sheep ears and said: "Can't wait to create more memories with you, love."

In the private train cart, Renee tensed up when she felt someone touching her cheek and moved her head slowly to stare at her brother. Her eyes reconized James and the expression from before softened up when she smiled; but her smile is half-hearted, not as cheerful or bright as before. "Yes, James?"

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:

"What are you thinking about?" he said, puzzled.

Meanwhile, Seth had done an auto-karate chop pose when Serena came twirling his way --- he had been pranking her lately and was expecting some topping retribution --- but then he paused at her kiss, and immediately went red. She just kissed him in front of all these people! "Um, you . . ." he couldn't stop the silly grin forming on his face and just stammered there.

Sen laughed at his brother, then smiled at Minnie too, bumping her hip back as he placed an arm around her shoulder.

Somewhere inside a crowd of people, Johnny also went red when Echo kissed him there. Her touching his sheep ears always elicited such a roused reaction in him that he felt embarrassed when he failed to hide how allured he was of her in public. "I-I'm looking forward to it, Echo Mello."

Katsuya Katsuya

-Renee Pendragon-

"...Just how much I'm going to miss- " Renee sighed, her wings wilting a bit. She stayed quiet for a while as she just stared at her brother but then- "James...can I trace your face?" Mica looked at her again before snuggling with Caritas, looking...really sad. "...or...is that too weird?" She asked hesitantly, her brows furrowed as she frowned.

Serena cackled shyly when she saw Seth's reaction, thinking she should do more of that. It's cute! She's still going to get revenge on him though and it will be glorious~! Minnie's smile grew when she felt Sen's arm around her and leaned her head on him a bit. Echo...Echo is having too much fun with kissing Johnny's ears.

"That's good~" One kiss, two kiss, three kiss, four-! One for each ear. "I really love your ears, Johnny...and horns...and tail." Echo said it so calmly like it was a normal thing to say despite being in a crowd.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:

"What? No, it's weird." said James, once more showing the ewness of siblings being that affectionate. "can you tell me what's wrong?"

Meanwhile, Johnny just went redder and more shy. "Um . . . I like . . ." he squeezed her hand, "your legs." he probably wasn't thinking anymore because he bent down and kissed her fluffy thigh. He abruptly rose "And! Your smell and your tas--"

Okay, it was getting too intimate for the kids crowding around Echo and Johnny.

Katsuya Katsuya

Users who are viewing this thread

Back