• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM: [RESTORATION] [recruiting now!]

capMARVELOUS

Acclaimed* Light Novel Author Tatami Enjo
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
1698201297189.png

MANY CENTURIES AGO, what began as a simple dispute over stewardship of the human colonies on Titan escalated into what historians would come to call the THREE-WEEK WAR. Political leaders and aspiring warlords alike vied first for control of their own fractured colonies, then of their neighbors, then of the entire moon. Alliances were made and broken within days. Backstabbing and betrayal were not only commonplace but encouraged. Victories were short-lived. Combatants were shorter-lived.

Integral to this multi-sided power struggle were the MOBILE SUITS, multi-meter-tall humanoid abominations made of special metal alloys and enough firepower to level a city block. The most powerful of these, designation GUNDAM, were limited to one per colony, and were variously employed as the spearhead of an offensive or the last line of defense. Each Gundam was supported by an armada of lesser, mass-produced mobile suits, designation MOBILE INFANTRY.

The Three-Week War ended with the decisive BATTLE OF MAYDA INSULA, which resulted in victory for DOMERIGO ABRAM and his forces, and in the reunification of Titan’s colonies under one banner. Under the newly established ABRAM DYNASTY, Titan experienced a period of isolation and heavy military restructuring. All Gundams were ordered to be sealed away out of fear of their destructive power, and the production and distribution of further mobile infantry became strictly regulated.

MANY CENTURIES LATER, Titan is a shell of its once glorious self. The Abram Dynasty has decayed into a puppet state, but the members of its inner court are too busy squabbling with one another to pick up the strings, or to reign in the sadistic ASHURA CORPS that enforces order. Lack of innovation in mobile infantry production has resulted in an inability to effectively fight back against incursions by pirates and gunboat diplomats. Worst of all, the power of the Gundams is beginning to fade into myth.

But all hope is not lost.

There are those who still speak of the Gundams as the awesome, omnipotent beasts they were, as the vital instruments in bringing peace to Titan centuries ago. There are those who would break the seals, raise the Gundams from their tombs, and harness their power to bring peace once again.

Welcome to
MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM : [ R E S T O R A T I O N ]
機 動 戦 士 ガ ン ダ ム:[ 復 元 ]
~ ~ ~
Hey, y'all. Been a hot minute since I last tried my hand at one of these, but due to nobody giving me the content I so desperately need, I have been forced to make it myself.

This RP, set in an alternate universe inspired by Wing and Iron-Blooded Orphans, will follow a ragtag group of merchants and scrappers as they unearth the resting place of a long-abandoned Gundam, reawaken its power, and use it as a force of change. Players can create characters belonging to the universe's various factions- from the aforementioned ragtag merchants and scrappers, to the vicious Ashura Corps police force, to the roving pirates that menace Titan- and guide them through epic space battles, political intrigue, and the struggles of everyday life. Will true peace be restored to Titan? Or will corruption continue to reign supreme?

Hit me up if you're interested or have any questions. Three posts stating interest, and I'll get to work on the necessary materials.
Hope to see you there!

Interested! Few questions:

1. How advanced is space travel?

2. How much of the Solar System is settled?

3. Are there other mechanized walker type things, like what we see in Iron Blooded Oprhans, or just Gundams?

Interested! Few questions:

1. How advanced is space travel?

2. How much of the Solar System is settled?

3. Are there other mechanized walker type things, like what we see in Iron Blooded Oprhans, or just Gundams?
glad to have you! answers to your questions:

1. Space travel is organized enough to where "highways," trade routes, and space station checkpoints are well-established and necessary elements of planet-hopping. However, FTL and near-FTL engines do not yet exist, so said planet-hopping still tends to take a while.

2. The solar system has been settled all the way up to Saturn's moons. This RP will take place at the quite literal furthest reaches of human space.

3. Aside from Gundams and mobile infantry, non-humanoid "mobile haulers" exist for heavy-duty construction and ground transport... and only heavy-duty construction and ground transport. Retrofitting a mobile hauler for combat is highly illegal under the Abram Dynasty.

glad to have you! answers to your questions:

1. Space travel is organized enough to where "highways," trade routes, and space station checkpoints are well-established and necessary elements of planet-hopping. However, FTL and near-FTL engines do not yet exist, so said planet-hopping still tends to take a while.

2. The solar system has been settled all the way up to Saturn's moons. This Rp will take place at the quite literal furthest reaches of human space.

3. Aside from Gundams and mobile infantry, non-humanoid "mobile haulers" exist for heavy-duty construction and ground transport... and only heavy-duty construction and ground transport. Retrofitting a mobile hauler for combat is highly illegal under the Abram Dynasty.
Alrighty, thank ya! Will start brainstorming characters!

Put me down as the second to express interest, then. I do like me some goon damns. Got a few initial ideas, but gonna wait to see more setting materials before I settle on anything.

Dude, you don’t know how obsessed I am with Mobile Suit Gundam right now. Count me in!

i'm not super caught up on the series' lore, but as long as that's okay, i'm super interested! looking forward to the cs going up!

i'm not super caught up on the series' lore, but as long as that's okay, i'm super interested! looking forward to the cs going up!
yes, that's okay! this rp doesn't require knowledge of any preexisting series' lore to participate. glad to have you on board! cs and others are on their way!

I might have interest in this, though my only background is Witch From Mercury.

Just a question: Is the Ashura Corps like comically corrupt and evil or is there any wiggle room for some slight nuance? For example I am considering a Mobile Suit (Non-Gundam) pilot if allowed as part of the Ashura Corps who is more of an idealist trying to defend the people from pirates and do her thing while dealing with corrupt leadership.

Figure it could add a shade of grey to the conflict with the merchants and scrappers but perhaps down the road an ally on the inside type deal as she struggles between her duty and what might be more morally right.

Tentative interest, I'll give it all a read through in the morning, just figure I would throw my hat in, given this has elements of two things I like.

I might have interest in this, though my only background is Witch From Mercury.

Just a question: Is the Ashura Corps like comically corrupt and evil or is there any wiggle room for some slight nuance? For example I am considering a Mobile Suit (Non-Gundam) pilot if allowed as part of the Ashura Corps who is more of an idealist trying to defend the people from pirates and do her thing while dealing with corrupt leadership.

Figure it could add a shade of grey to the conflict with the merchants and scrappers but perhaps down the road an ally on the inside type deal as she struggles between her duty and what might be more morally right.
the ashura corps as a whole is pretty corrupt and brutal; its individual members vary. if you'd like to create a character who's one of the nicer members, you're absolutely free to do so.

Thanks so much, everyone, for your continued interest and patience. The humble beginnings of the Lore thread are up and running if you'd like to peruse:
Fandom - MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM: [RESTORATION] [lore]
More will be added to it very soon, and then hopefully the CS thread. Stay tuned!

Last edited:
the ashura corps as a whole is pretty corrupt and brutal; its individual members vary. if you'd like to create a character who's one of the nicer members, you're absolutely free to do so.

Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford Landsharks Landsharks Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 Remembrance Remembrance mizton mizton godjacob godjacob Dante Verren Dante Verren Gryphon3707 Gryphon3707 RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun

Thanks so much, everyone, for your continued interest and patience. The humble beginnings of the Lore thread are up and running if you'd like to peruse:
Fandom - MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM: [RESTORATION] [lore]
More will be added to it very soon, and then hopefully the CS thread. Stay tuned!

Hum. Might go for an angle where she begins with the Ashura Corps, trying to do genuine good even as they stain what's around them, before she defects to the scrappers side after realizing that "fixing it from within" won't be an option.

Hum. Might go for an angle where she begins with the Ashura Corps, trying to do genuine good even as they stain what's around them, before she defects to the scrappers side after realizing that "fixing it from within" won't be an option.
you're absolutely free to do that, too. rest assured that whatever angle you chose to go for, it's more than likely going to fit well.

Once again, I must thank you for your continued interest and patience. Now that there's enough lore to draw on, it's time to set y'all loose on the new CS thread:
Fandom - MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM: [RESTORATION] [characters]
As soon as a few profiles have rolled in, I'll finish working on the Main thread, and then y'all can finally get to what you came here for- delicious giant robot combat. Stay tuned!

Last edited:
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, RP'ers of all ages, capMARVELOUS Industries is proud to announce the official release of the MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM: [RESTORATION] Main thread:
Fandom - MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM: [RESTORATION] [main]
Let the adventures begin!

(And to those of you just tuning in, the title is still accurate. This RP is always recruiting, and you're more than welcome to join in at any time; we'll be happy to have you aboard.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back