• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Mix of Light Horror Plots

myvalentina

A half forgotten song
Valentina's Search Thread
Simple Rules and
Things to Know
  1. I am 29 and I would prefer to RP with someone who is 18+.
  2. No Godmodding
  3. No Explicit Sexual Content
  4. I heavily prefer platonic and familial relationships to romance. Any romance will be discussed before hand. It's not a given between our characters and I won't be pushed into an uncomfortable pairing.
  5. When it comes to possible romances, I have no preference over sexuality or gender pairings. I just like a good story.
  6. My response speed is usually every other day. Yours can be whatever is more comfortable for you.
  7. Feel free to bother me if I've taken a long time to respond.
  8. I consider myself an advanced writer. I usually type 1-3 paragraphs a post. I would like at at least 3 sentences or 1 paragraph in response. There can always be exceptions.
  9. Grammar and spelling mistakes don't really bother me. As long as we can understand each other and our styles match, that's all that really matters.
  10. I like to plot a little but I don't do heavy world building. My style is just way more casual, because I kind of want to jump into a story and start Roleplaying.
  11. My time zone is US central. I work 9-5 so I can be the most active in the evening.
  12. I'm super ditch friendly, because I'm known to be very flaky. Sorry.
  13. I have no trigger warnings. Please alert me to any of yours.
  14. Please keep to this site at least for the actual RP. I'm shit at keeping up with other accounts.
  15. Have fun! :D If you aren't having fun please let me know or drop the RP.
~
Fun Stuff: Plots
These are mostly just jumping off points,
where I may or may not have a concrete idea. Please ask questions and expand
on anything you like. Also tell me of any similar plots you may have or OCs that could possibly fit them.​

Hex in the City
(Modern, Supernatural, Slice of Life or Drama)
Supernatural OC x Supernatural OC
Roommate needed to take over part of a lease for a two bedroom, two bath, mid sized, spacious unit, located in walking distance of the cities vibrant nightlife. All bills paid, washer/dryer included, pet friendly, and discreet with secret entrances to avoid prying eyes. No soul contract involved, just a promise. You live your life, but bring back some bones. Demons, vampires, ghosts, witches, dryad, wyverns, demi-gods, fae or any other magical people welcome to apply. Send message with a raven if interested. Love in Death - Katarina.

I love supernatural plots with magical groups clashing as much as the next person, but sometimes I just want a nice domestic story about magical people trying to live together and match their very distinct lifestyles. I have a character in mind that I like to play for this plot but have a ton of OC's that I've cultivated over the years from participating in other Supernatural Roleplays. I'm also not against making up a brand new character for this plot. While I'm hoping to keep the idea of a magical apartment building, as long as the plot is more modern with supernatural elements I am game!

My preference would be to play the following, but your character can be of any magical variety.
  • Demon​
  • Death God or Reaper​
  • Vampire​
  • Witch​
  • Elemental Superhuman​
  • Werewolf or Shapeshifter​

They Called her Beast
(Gothic Horror, Drama)
Monster x Human
'This is vulture country', the tour guide says as he points out above the landscape to the valley below. Birds of prey circle but you can't make out what poor creature is out there. It is a small blot in the otherwise gorgeous vista, the valley nestled against a snowy mountain and forest that would make anyone feel small in the grand scheme of nature. You catch movement out of the corner of your eye, and notice another bird in the distance. It stops you in your tracks, because the bird has disturbed the tree line and you realize it must be massive for you to see it so clearly. You turn to ask the tour guide, but they've moved on ahead leaving you to question if you'd even seen it at all.

A long time ago Muse A was cursed into a beastly form to guard over their family land, but over the years mismanaged fortunes meant the land was abandoned and purposefully lost. Muse A has lived in the increasingly dilapidated mansion ever since and the rare sighting of her from hikers that stray too far into the mountainous region means she's become a cryptid myth. Muse B is a descendant of this family and on having found old accounts of the lost mansion goes on an expedition to find it only to be confronted by a near feral monster still stalking the grounds.

Details: So I really want to play a female beast and in this way twist the old Beauty and the Beast story into something a little more harrowing and maybe creepy. Romance won't save this beast, but maybe the love of a descendant could? Or if you want to create an entirely different character to battle against a crazed beast, we can find a different type of relationship that ensues. I want to avoid strictly romantic but I'm open to it if you have a good story to go with it. Maybe even two cursed beasts trying to find a way to free eachother!

Darling Familiar
(Supernatural Fantasy or Modern)
Witch x Familiar​

When, for whatever reason, a young witch cannot attract a familiar or, goddess forbid, loses one, there are only a few places to go to find a new one. Maybe you can sit naked under a full moon chanting to attract one or maybe you can steal mausoleum ichor to lure a popular one away from another witch! Or, you know , you can just put in the real work of sculpting an ideal partner from a lump of clay. BUT if none of these are viable options, come on down to Sunny's Home for Wayward Familiars. At Sunny's you can take your pick from a host of hardly ever used and wizened guide's to help you on your magical journey.
*** Sunny's home is not responsible for mismatched familiar/witch pairings. Once a contract is signed the familiar is your problem. We don't accept returns, give refunds,
and Sunny holds the right to withhold information on cursed or otherwise damaged familiars.

Basically this is an RP exploring the relationship between a familiar and a witch. This can go a variety of different ways but I have a basic plot to start us off if you want to use it. I would prefer to play the familiar but we can discuss it more. Also this can be set in a typical fantasy setting like a medieval past or it can be modern too.

Plot: Muse A is a witch/warlock who has had very bad luck with keeping a familiar, enough so that it's hindering their learning without a guide to help find the right energies and spirits to grow their magic. Finally fed up with the regular process of attracting a spirit guide, they decide to check out a local shelter for Familiars. Muse B is a combative familiar, having forsaken their duties one too many times before being dropped off at the shelter. While not too keen on joining another witch, the shelter is ready to euthanize them if they don't get adopted so they choose Muse A without a second thought, hoping they'll choose them too. What they both don't realize is someone is out there stalking Muse A's familiars in an effort to stunt their magic so they don't reach their fullest potential.

The Suburban Gothic
(Modern, Surreal, Horror)​

Evening sets and the streetlights go on, and each one of them flickers when you walk under them. The Elm rd. cul de sac is impossible to get out of. Even if you keep to the side walk you end up just passing the same houses unless you can hitch a ride out of there. If you cut through a backyard avoid the BEWARE OF GOD sign. That's not a typo. The local pool is always closed for cleaning, but you're sure you hear something splashing there after dark, and the surrounding park is always extra wet in the mornings. The 24 hr drug store needs a password to get past the Hour Photo aisle and for whatever reason the night staff all wear sunglasses. Every Saturday morning, without fail, music blasts and lawn mowers run but you can never pin point what house they're coming from and it makes it impossible to sleep in. Also the raccoons and possums gather in the alleyways for midnight meetings and you're sure the cats are on to them despite the truce. Most importantly, if you spot someone looking out of 231 Destino Way JUST KEEP WALKING.

This is more of a jumping off point. I love all the blank-gothic posts on tumblr and think it would be fun to apply that kind of idea to an RP. I live in a suburb so it's a little easier for me to think of creepy things for this, but I'm also not opposed to trying a different one. We can work on an overarching plot to go with this or just have our characters navigating the weirdness.

Wives and Molls
(Noir, Action, Mob)
Mobsters Wife x Mobsters Wife​

When Dons and their lieutenants got work to do in downtown L.A. they gotta drop everything by the wayside. That includes their better halves, and like good little wives they're expected to sit around and wait to see if their husbands survive the night. Most of the time they wish they wouldn't. But that's life tied to a criminal underground where they're just as complicit as their husbands and they're at the mercy of their looks but survive by their wits. So if a mobster's wife wants a better life then she better be ready to get her hands dirty.

This is the only one of my plots that I could see there being a good romance between the two muses; two Mobster's wives , but it's obviously open to be platonic or even have a rivalry going on there too. Set in the 40s in L.A. it'll be heavily Noir inspired but I'd like to focus on female characters instead of the usual hard boiled detectives and gangsters. If that's not your style we can go with a more conventional story, but I'd still like to play some devious, Moll lovers on the run from their husbands.

Plot: Muse A and Muse B are on a romantic double date, when their husbands are called away on Mob business. Left with nothing much to do but get to know each other, they realize they're both looking for a way out of this life. Together they begin to plot a way to rob their criminal husbands of most of their money so they can leave the country and live out their lives in a beautiful hacienda over looking the ocean or at least use it to do some good in the world. Undervalued and underestimated they just might be able to pull it off.

Once Known
(Mystery, Slice of Life, Possible Period Piece)

The con artist relies on two things, hope and stupidity. Ask a good one and they'll say it's the same damn thing.
The old lady that lived in town was said to be the last of her family since her only son died in a terrible accident years ago. The community had been her family, the small town rallying around her to give back after all she had done for them. When she died the whole town was said to be at her funeral. The whole town plus one stranger. He claimed to be her long lost grandson. He claimed to have survived the harrowing crash that killed his parents. He also claimed he was back to pay respects to his recently deceased grandmother AND to receive his portion of the inheritance.

This plot is probably a little too convoluted and will take the most plotting, but I just like the idea so much I'm willing to share it to try and write up a fun story.This will also probably make more sense as a period piece. I would prefer the plot set in the 90s or 80s but anything before social media and cell phones makes this work a little better.

Plot: Muse A is the aforementioned con artist, who stole a dead little boys identity. He's been living with this identity for years until he finds out that he could possibly be the heir to his "grandmother's" inheritance, and all he has to do is go to the small town and answer a few questions. Once at the town things seem to be going smoothly with everyone falling for the ruse, except for one person, Muse B. Muse B had been friends with the little boy, and even though they were only about 5 yrs old when they knew each other, Muse B can't shake the feeling that this isn't the person they once knew. From here it becomes a battle of wills to see who will come out on top. Will Muse B expose Muse A or will Muse A pull off the ruse, or alternatively will they both partner up to divvy up an old woman's inheritance? My preference is to play Muse A, but if you'd like to just let me know.

Added Supernatural Element - Alternatively we can play this plot out with a supernatural bent where Muse A is actually a creature that has taken possession of this person and is trying to accurately pass themselves off as human for whatever reason. Everyone is fooled except Muse B. We can discuss how to proceed from there since there's a lot of different ways this can play out.

The Gap in the Door
(Surreal, Horror, Mystery)​

Muse A and Muse B are both at the same house party, one that has happened every year for the past couple of years in their small town. It's attended by a lot of the local high school kids but hosted by older twenty somethings that have since graduated. It's kind of a sad affair, as some have realized that only those people that haven't really done anything with their lives are still the ones attending. And if that wasn't enough as the party keeps going Muse A and B start noticing weird things going on in the house. Soon they find themselves alone and trapped inside the house with no way out and something stalking them.

This one is specifically based on Silent Hill - PT.

Plot: Some malevolent force has taken both our characters prisoner inside this house and they are faced with manifestations of their darkest fears, secrets, and insecurities. I would love to write body horror and monsters against characters who probably deserve to be haunted and hunted. Maybe they don't find a way out, but hopefully they can work together so that no one ever finds themselves in the same position ever again.

~
FandomsI usually have OC's for all of these fandoms so plots will favor OCxOC unless there's a canon character I'm comfortable playing (the character name will be in parenthesis), but like I mentioned in the rules any romance will be discussed in the plotting phase. Romance won't be a given between our characters (whether we play OCxOC or OCxCanon, CanonXCanon) because more often than not I prefer platonic or familial pairings anyway. Please ask and I'll expand on any ideas I might have for any given fandom. Or feel free to let me know any plots you may have. Also some of these I'm a little rusty on so some brainstorming and refreshing will be needed. The asterisks will indicate my current level of crave! lol

• Silent Hill *********
  • House of Leaves *****
  • The Long Dark***
  • Pathologic (Artemy, Dankovsky, Clara/the Changeling) ***
  • Fallout 4, New Vegas, (Travis Miles, Gloria Van Graff) **
  • Star Trek TOS (Spock, Kirk) ***
  • What We Do in the Shadows FX show (Guillermo, Nadja, Lazlo, Nandor, Colin Robinson) *****
  • Detroit Become Human (Connor, Hank, Markus, Kara, Amanda) ***
  • GTA: The Ballad of Gay Tony (Luis, Gay Tony) *

Genre Cliches
  • Horror: Body horror, cosmic horror, urban exploring, searching old ruins, haunted houses, demons, ghosts or ghost hunters.
  • Soft Apocalypse: The world ended, farming communities, living in the ruins, nature taking over, and humans are not all evil.
  • Western: Gunslingers, grifters, outsiders, trying to keep justice or 'this town ain't big enough for the both of us'.
  • Superheroes: Vigilantes, team-ups, secret identities, or over powered villains.
  • Space opera: Futuristic fantasy, kingdoms on new planets, aliens, cool spaceships or space pirates.

Anything ElseDon't be afraid to strike up a convo with me by sending in a PM and see if we can work something out. I try to be super chill about this RP business since it's a hobby for me and I do it to have fun. BUT if things ever become too stressful IRL I usually step away from this website. I try to be considerate when I'm not overwhelmed, but no guarantees I won't ghost. XOXO

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back