Mission Files - OOC Talk

@Psychie I have come to a decision on your request for additional magic tattoos.  When you level up and get Secondary Skills, you may trade them out on a one for one basis for the tats. 

I have been approached to see if I would be willing to add another player to the mix.  Does anyone have an objection to this? 

I do not have a problem adding another to the party.  Would we know each other, or will we meet in the game?

Here is a question about the mystic tattoos I'd like to get.  Is there a top end to the number I can pick up?

Here is a question about the mystic tattoos I'd like to get.  Is there a top end to the number I can pick up?

Unless you are able to take a few years off, the max you can pick up is four more since you automatically start with two.  After all, the most you can get at once is two, and there has to be at least six months between tattoos.

@Psychie I have come to a decision on your request for additional magic tattoos.  When you level up and get Secondary Skills, you may trade them out on a one for one basis for the tats. 

This should have been OCC Related Skills, not Secondary.  Other than that, you're good.

I'd be fine with another one joining - also, we just got ourselves a rocket launcher.

Sneeze hard, you say? Maybe it's time to take a page out of Teflon Billy's play book... *eyes the other PCs hungrily*

Well, its late, and if you want to eat the other members of the party, it will have to wait until morning.  G'night, all!

Any recommendations on spells to pick up? Gotta choose 4 from lvl 1-3, any advice is appreciated. Since I got that wonderful armor to start with, I might not need to pick up the Armor of Ithan right now - things that caught my attention are, for now: See the Invisible, Befuddle, Light Healing, Negate Poison/Toxin. Life Source might be interesting as well, though I'm not sure if I need it yet. Is it worth to pick up the energy bolt? At the moment, it simply feels like a better revolver to me, and thus I might as well just fire with my rifle. Ignite fire might be helpful as well...

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been reading through the Coalition Wars set of books (mostly because I'm strongly considering running a Rifts game of my own involving those events) and one reoccurring theme stood out to me.  Magic is outstandingly flexible.  While it can be competitive (not always very well) with weapons, armor and technology, what it's really good at doing is creating/adding capabilities that don't otherwise exist.  

Were I in your place, I'd trust in the gun and armor for basic combat fitness and instead choose spells that create effects no one else can do.  It's a role Magic-users (and to a lesser degree psionics) are very well suited to do.  

My metagaming sense tells me that a good choice would be a spell that involves producing copious amounts of running/flowing water.  :-P

Ozug doesn't level until 2600, so he will still be level one until we get an opportunity to sneeze at something.  :-P

Don't worry, guys.  Everyone will hit level 2 soon.

My apologies, I'm getting some kind of weird delay in the posts I am receiving.  Like, it says I just posted that response ten minutes ago, even though it was an hour ago.

The differences in moral perception between this spread of characters is rapidly becoming one of this game's most enjoyable features for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back