Mission Files - OOC Talk

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Here is our OOC forum. I'll be posting more info on setting soon.

You can pm me what you need rolled, or post it here and I'll make your rolls fur you guys. Until we get a dice roller on the site, this will keep everything kosher.

I will let you pick one attribute to be maxed out; just let me know which one you choose.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am also going to post in the Characters section a group of Dedicated Martial Art techniques that you can buy with your skills.  These are one step beyond the basic cost of Martial Arts, so if you have HtH: Expert, it will take two skills to upgrade to the special ones I'll list.  The reason these cost extra is that they include stat increases that the Generic Martial Arts skill does not.

I'll take a closer look at things tomorrow - no idea what I'm aiming for yet. Might want to try more of a supporting character this time, but I'll see what the options are. Could be an interesting setting to go for a priest-like character...

@Psychie, just to let you know, if you take an Atlantian, you only get the two tattoos of the Marks of Heritage. As you level up, you MIGHT get a chance to add more, up to your maximum of six.

Might take me a bit to make a character, as I have to learn the system and deal with work stuff. Will try to get you one by next week, though.

At first glance, I'd be interested to run a mystic - thoughts on that?

Which edition are we playing? The new Savage Worlds one, the old Palladium one, something different?

Any word on what the scope of this game will be, or guidelines regarding starting character power level? Are we talking Glitterboys and Godlings, or more low-key merc stuff?

I'm looking at the '05er Palladium edition at the moment - might be the wrong one, though. I'll probably create a character sheet over the next couple of days - it'd be great if someone familiar with the system could take a look at it afterwards, just in case.

At first glance, I'd be interested to run a mystic - thoughts on that?

I am not personally familiar with the mystic to give you a good read on them, but having a magic user in the party is always a good thing.

Which edition are we playing? The new Savage Worlds one, the old Palladium one, something different?

Any word on what the scope of this game will be, or guidelines regarding starting character power level? Are we talking Glitterboys and Godlings, or more low-key merc stuff?

The new one. Overall it is very close to the first version but with a few nice tweaks to it. Lower level powered characters would be great, but if you want a Glitter Boy, there are going to be times you won't be able to use your suit, along with the cost of maintaining it that it helps to balance it out.

As far as scope, some of that is going to be up to you. If you want to go to Atlantis and kill a Splurgoth, free the enslaved people, and be epic level heros, I can go with that. I have an initial plot lined up, but after that, I'll be taking some cues from you guys as to what you want to do. 

I'm looking at the '05er Palladium edition at the moment - might be the wrong one, though. I'll probably create a character sheet over the next couple of days - it'd be great if someone familiar with the system could take a look at it afterwards, just in case.

I'm looking forward to seeing your submission, and I'll be glad to give you feedback on it. 

Since the question of the Glitter Boy did come up, I found a site that has a bunch of different warheads for the Boom Gun. It is not a statement that you need a GB, just giving you the option if someone does want one.

Contemplating a disgruntled Psyscape Mind Melter.  Or possibly a Mystic Knight. Much love for both OCCs and very little chance to ever play either...

My Cyber Knight is coming together quite well.  Thanks Sherwood for getting my stats back to me so quick.  

@Sherwood For a vehicle, would it be possible for me to start with a TW Zone Ranger ATV from the Federation of Magic book?  I don't need any of the fancy add-ons, but I do want the TW upgrade for the power supply to not have to worry about fuel.

Depending on what everyone else comes up with, I may go ahead and allow that as a team vehicle, and you can have a smaller TW vehicle, such as a motorcycle, to use for scouting. 

Think I'll start on foot, so it'd be great if someone could give me a ride. Otherwise, I might be a little late for the upcoming action...

Well, since you guys are going to be a small merc unit, and everyone knows one another prior to game start, I'll go ahead and give your team the ATV that Psychie wanted as a team vehicle.  You can hitch a ride in it. 

Also, I have a NPC posted for you guys, too.  Feel free to look him over.

Sweet.  So does that mean I can have my TW motorcycle, and when its not being used, hook it to the back of the ATV?

Alright - think the sheet should now cover most of the important things. Let me know what's missing, and if something needs to be changed. Also, feel free to give any advice on spells, psionics and whatever else you can think of.

Where do I find the stats for my light armor? I'd prefer a model that does not interfere with my magic abilities too much... I didn't find any option to buy rations etc. - where do I find those?

Users who are viewing this thread