Mission Files - OOC Talk

If I wanted to play a mega damage dealing character, I could have gone with a different build. But I'm quite satisfied with O-Ren, and I hope to be able to add a magic tattoo or two eventually. Other than that, the occasional rune sword works for me!

Alrighty - that vision showed more than I expected. I'll get a post up soonish.

@Sherwood just a note in general: Could you wait a bit longer before doing major time jumps? As I am in the European time zone, I find myself in the situation of still being in a conversation with someone, while the main story line is already multiple hours ahead. I'll usually be able to make a post out of it anyway, but it limits the options a bit.

So, it's specifically mentioned in the core book that Rifts dragons need no food or drink since they subsist entirely on magic. What about sleep, how much of that, if any, do they need? It would make sense if magic also handled that, but since not needing sleep is a pretty nice power, I felt I'd check first. @Sherwood what do you think=

Alrighty - that vision showed more than I expected. I'll get a post up soonish.

@Sherwood just a note in general: Could you wait a bit longer before doing major time jumps? As I am in the European time zone, I find myself in the situation of still being in a conversation with someone, while the main story line is already multiple hours ahead. I'll usually be able to make a post out of it anyway, but it limits the options a bit.

Sorry. It is a problem I have; I get excited about what I have planned and want to jump into it that I sometimes move too quickly. I'll make a better effort to reign in.

So, it's specifically mentioned in the core book that Rifts dragons need no food or drink since they subsist entirely on magic. What about sleep, how much of that, if any, do they need? It would make sense if magic also handled that, but since not needing sleep is a pretty nice power, I felt I'd check first. @Sherwood what do you think=

I will say that you don't need to sleep, but you can if you so choose. 

Added a new house rule. You get to increase one attribute by one point ever three levels, like in Pathfinder where you get an increase every four levels.

Yeah, that power is pretty cool.  Tack that on top of a Juicer, and you've got yourself a massive amount of actions with an auto dodge to go with it.

It happens to all of us.  Like how the Mage blew her Horror Factor roll against the Dragon so bad that she bolted in fear instead of sticking around to continue fighting.

I knew that spell would heavily backfire - why did I even bother casting it? Shouldn't make tactical decisions at one o'clock in the morning...

I had just forgotten about it, that's all.  I may have still missed my shot from the little booger dodging; he's listed as a Crazy in the initiative order, and they usually have good PP to help with that dodge roll.

You would have.  I rolled an 8 for you and a 17 on the die for the Crazy.  The cloud just made it an even bigger miss.

I actually though the spell was a great idea.  From Alley's perspective, it 'tied up' half of the ambush team and let us focus on putting down the other half.  Which is exactly what happened.  We're now in good shape to mp up the two remaining guys!

Two thumbs up, @Silanon!

And two thumbs up to you, @Esbilon.  Nasoth's combat dialogue has consistently made me chuckle.  

Wow.  I had thought that this fight would last a little longer than it has.  Thanks to some really bad rolls on my part, you took out my Juicer with the paralysis gas right out of the gate, and the mage is on the run after blowing her Horror Factor save vs Nasdoth.  She is far enough out of the fight that only Alley has any reasonable chance of catching her, assuming you can find where she has run off to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry about that.  Next fight, we'll take our time killing off that delicious xp you are sending our way!  Its not our fault that we are working together right out of the gate like we are.  Its just a sign of a good team coming together!

The dragon taking out two of the enemies in the first round of combat is quite a game changer. Don't blame me, though, I said I was OP ;)

The dragon taking out two of the enemies in the first round of combat is quite a game changer. Don't blame me, though, I said I was OP ;)

I'm not upset; I was just stating that I had thought the fight would be longer, but the dice gods have spoken.  You could have just as easily be playing any number of very powerful character types, the first and probably most over-used example of that would be the Glitter Boy.  And @Psychie is right about one thing: You are doing a great job of supporting one another in this, and your xp will reflect that once the fight is over.  You will all probably level up, and the loot you snag won't hurt, either.

Mmmm...loot.  

Yeah, Alley's not running that Mage down.  

1. That Mage is invisible.  Alley can't see the invisible.
  2. The Mage is retreating.  Alley's not bloodthirsty or interested in beating down every single person that crosses her path.
  3. The Mage is a Mage.  Ex-Coalition she may be, Alley doesn't want to get any closer to fighting someone who wields potentially demonic powers than she has to!

It may be/have been a short fight but it's been an entertaining one!  

Entertaining indeed - really like how things turned out, lots of nice little interactions. I'm pretty sure we'll see the mage again at some point, that's how things usually tend to go...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back