Mission Files - OOC Talk

Xera is hiding out with Nasoth, and doesn't have much to say.

I've got a question about my abilities, once again: Open state trance. Can they always notice my presence, or only when I'm trying to track them down?
Thought about taking a closer look once we reach the lair, doing some scouting without too much risk involved - that's why I'm asking...

First, it has been over 24 hours since you used your Clairvoyance ability, so if you want to use it to see the future for the farm, you may do so.

Second, I'll have to check the stats on the power, but my knee-jerk response is the second option.

I have now added the stats for the Water Cannon and the wooden rail gun rounds to the Badger description, for those that are interested in such things.

I will post when I get home tonight. Also, since Ozug is now a supernatural being with supernatural strength, can his unarmed hits hurt vampires? (Page 80, Vampire Kingdoms revised)

I will post when I get home tonight. Also, since Ozug is now a supernatural being with supernatural strength, can his unarmed hits hurt vampires? (Page 80, Vampire Kingdoms revised)
With a supernatural strength, you will be able to do straight hit point damage to the vampires.

Here is a quick reprint from the Vampire Book

Anti-Vampire Rail Guns
Modified Rounds for Combating Vampires
Vampire rounds for rail guns were first designed and offered
by Doc Reid. Most fire shards of wood with tiny bits of metal
imbedded in the base of the wood projectiles. The blast of flechettes
made of wood inflict reduced Mega-Damage because of the
softer, less damaging, rounds being fired and do only ID4 M.D.
per burst of 30 rounds. However, against a vampire they inflict
3D6xl0 Hit Point damage. Silver rounds can be used instead of
wood, but the cost for silver rounds is prohibitively expensive,
so wood is the norm. A rail gun burst can inflict such severe
damage as to blow off a vampire's arm, leg or head. Half of the
flechettes shoot right through the vampire's body. A Called Shot
is not possible as rail guns fire bursts and control and targeting
is imprecise.
Any rail gun can fire wood or silver anti-vampire rounds. No
modification of the weapon itself is necessary. The change is
made in the rounds fired. Thus, vampire rounds and conventional
M.D. rounds can be quickly changed from one to the other.
Range: 2,000 feet (610 m). The lighter and softer wood or silver
reduces the firing range of the rail gun by half, typically 2,000
feet (610 m).
Mega-Damage of Anti-Vampire Rounds: Wood inflicts 104
M.D. or 3D6xlO Hit Points to vampires per 30 round burst. Silver
rounds inflict 2D6 M.D. to ordinary targets and 3D6xlO Hit
Points of damage to vampires per 30 round burst.
PaYload: As per rail gun as usual.
Cost of Rail Gun: As usual.
Cost of Modified Rounds: Wood: 150 credits per 300 rounds. Silver:
27,000 credits for 90 rounds (three 30 round bursts); 90,000
credits per 300 silver-coated rounds (half this cost from some
dealers).

FYI to you lovely peeps; I've got an all week onsite next week that has pretty well tanked my time this week. I'll try to participate but, given we're rolling into a combat situation, I don't want to stall things. Sherwood, if I'm not timely in response, assume Alley's speeding someone up, slowing someone down or just shooting someone with the water gun.

I have a tabletop game to go to later today, but I should have our next IC post up late tonight or tomorrow.

Grond doesn't appear to be on the cellar initiative table. Some of my plans were going to revolve around his eventual use of the Daylight Globe. Not that I would be aware of when his initiative was or anything, but just wanted to make sure that was still part of the eventual plan.

I didn't forget the cellar group; I am just splitting the posts to make it easier to read.

A new House Rule is up. You can now use your Skills to increase you Perception roll. Thank Psychie for the idea; she came up with it in another game that we are both players in.

Not a problem. I like the idea, and hopefully the suggestion will be accepted by the ST in our other game.

Is the rail gun Ozug is currently using, just a standard one out of RUE? Like an NG-101 or NG-202? Just checking for ammo capacity purposes.

Users who are viewing this thread