Mission Files - OOC Talk

Is there something you are trying to tell us, Pips?

wallpaper-fire-dragon.jpg

All this excitement made me think of one particular scene in the hobbit movie...

Needless to say, can't wait to get roasted...

I was a little unclear about how much our individual splits of the Rebecca run was, but I think it mathed out to about 50k of credits each. I have no idea about the vampire run. Did we just get the Badger? Not that I am complaining. That's a rad ride.

Was looking at some combination of the following, depending on availability and price:

Weapons
FIWS (WB10, page 71-72, 24k credits)
Forearm Vibro Blades (if the above isn't available, WB10, page 67, 4k or 8k depending on options)
Vibro Sword-large one-handed (RUE 259, 11k, might consider two)
CS Fusion Blocks (preferably type two or three. RUE, page 260)
NG NM-4 Claymore Mine (750 each, Merc Ops, page 96)
NG 6 MD Plastique (960 per pound, Mercenaries, page 101)
Improvised detonation materials (varies, Merc Ops, page 114)

Optics
Multi-Optics Helmet, preferably integrated into existing helmet (page 264, RUE, 2800-3400 credits)
Laser Targeting sight (2k credits, RUE page 265)
Wilk's "Aimer" Gun-Sight (1k, Merc Ops, page 104, will probably get multiple if available)

Other
Dosimeter (200, RUE page 265)
Motion Detection (400, same)
Mini Radar (2500, same, going to need radar to hunt dragons)
Tracer bugs (140 each, same)
Tac Vest (500, Merc Ops, page 109)
Ghillie Suit (500, Merc Ops, same as above)
Cell Phone (150, Merc Ops, page 110)
Demolitions Multi-Tool (120, Merc Ops, page 114)
Waterproof Bag (150, Merc Ops, page 115)
Compass (20 credits, Merc Ops, page 116)
IDF Commando Wristwatch (1300, Merc Ops, page 116)

There are a ton of other wishlisting things, and stuff that would be great to fight a dragon with (but are expensive, such as surface to air missiles, fire and forget missiles, smart mines, anything Naruni, TW, etc), but should probably be discussed as a group for the more expensive stuff, as I am not rolling in the green. :-P

Actually, that's a great idea. Before we all head out to possibly do battle with a dragon, we should look at equipment upgrades for folks/Misfits, if available. Dragons are dangerous.

Most of that stuff is available from Dennis.

Weapons
FIWS (WB10, page 71-72, 24k credits)
Forearm Vibro Blades (if the above isn't available, WB10, page 67, 4k or 8k depending on options)
Vibro Sword-large one-handed (RUE 259, 11k, might consider two)

Optics
Multi-Optics Helmet, preferably integrated into existing helmet (page 264, RUE, 2800-3400 credits)
Laser Targeting sight (2k credits, RUE page 265)
Wilk's "Aimer" Gun-Sight (1k, Merc Ops, page 104, will probably get multiple if available)

Other
Dosimeter (200, RUE page 265)
Motion Detection (400, same)
Mini Radar (2500, same, going to need radar to hunt dragons)
Tracer bugs (140 each, same)
Tac Vest (500, Merc Ops, page 109)
Ghillie Suit (500, Merc Ops, same as above)
Cell Phone (150, Merc Ops, page 110)
Demolitions Multi-Tool (120, Merc Ops, page 114)
Waterproof Bag (150, Merc Ops, page 115)
Compass (20 credits, Merc Ops, page 116)
IDF Commando Wristwatch (1300, Merc Ops, page 116)

All of this is on the shelf stuff that you can get either from Dennis or from the stores in town.

The Badger already has a radar set in it, so we don't need one of those. Unless you want a portable set besides the one in the Badger, that is.

a) Enhanced Radar: Can identify and simultaneously track up to 120 different targets. Range: 100 miles (l60 km). Note: Includes an extensive Identify Friend and Foe (IFF) database. This system can identify a target and assign it priority based on known abilities and threat level. Provides bonuses to all combat robots, tanks and power armor within a one mile (1.6 km) radius of the Badger receiving the data transmission: +1 on initiative and +1 to strike. This bonus also applies to the Badger itself.

True enough. Even with knowing the general whereabouts of its layer, if it is up and flying about somewhere, we need to know.

Wasn't able to afford everything. Decided to go for the two swords, since forearm blades fall under "W.P. Knife" apparently, which I haven't picked up yet. Damn fine print.

Weapons
FIWS
Vibro Sword-large one-handed x2

Optics
Multi-Optics Helmet, preferably integrated into existing combat armor helmet.
Laser Targeting sight x1 (going to mount on JA-12 since it's better than existing aiming system).

Other
Dosimeter
Tac Vest
Ghillie Suit
Cell Phone
Demolitions Multi-Tool
Waterproof Bag
Compass

Should take up just about all my money, unless Mr. Stonewell is willing to take black market credits or trade goods, which I'd do toward an aimer gun sight and the motion detector. I'll probably have to bug Alley to get the optics helm and the sight installed. /poke Epiphany Epiphany

Alley's saving for her own mad scientist lair someday!

(And most of her schtick is support, repairing everyone else's gear and using her temporal abilities to win fights).

And yeah, Sherwood Sherwood I'm happy to have Alley roll her Weapons Engineer skill as needed to handle Ozug's integration request. If you'd be so kind? :) 59% isn't great but it's not bad either.

With taking your time and using the equipment at hand, you are able to attach the scope without a problem.

I don't feel like I'm in need to buy something for now - with the exception of a guitar, got the skill but no way to use it. I trust you can find an old, second-hand one somewhere in town?

Also, while being in town, are there any obvious ways to invest the money I got thus far? Otherwise, I'll probably ask Dennis to take care of that, don't want to simply run around with a bunch of money. Since we're waiting for a few moments anyway - is there a church you could visit?

I don't feel like I'm in need to buy something for now - with the exception of a guitar, got the skill but no way to use it. I trust you can find an old, second-hand one somewhere in town?

Also, while being in town, are there any obvious ways to invest the money I got thus far? Otherwise, I'll probably ask Dennis to take care of that, don't want to simply run around with a bunch of money. Since we're waiting for a few moments anyway - is there a church you could visit?
A guitar is easily found in town.

There are a couple of churches in town, depending on what side of town you live on.

Dennis would be able to hold onto your cash, or you can go to the local bank. If you are looking for a investment idea, you could try and talk to Dennis about going into business with him.

Updated my character sheet. Pretty awesome. That handles a lot of the mid game purchases I was looking at. Now it's just a matter of saving up for crazy stuff, like personal forcefields, TW things, Icarus Flight System, tanks, or power armor.

I won't be back until tonight, playing Warhammer 40k at a friend's place. I will post tonight, but if you want to move the story forward, I was going to have Ozug slowly sneak back and notify the group of what he found.

Users who are viewing this thread