• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Minotaur seeks travel companion

Pokeking

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I have a craving to participate in a medieval fantasy storyline and I'm posting this casting call to see if there is anyone who would like to join in.

Orientation: Gay
RP Experience: 20 years

I am looking for coauthors who are 18+. Main characters portrayed are at least 18 years of age.

Character sheet: First, I like to keep character sheets simple. I look for name, age, gender, orientation and physical description. Everything else is optional including face claims.
Post platform: I prefer roleplaying in the forum. PM is for discussing the storyline and brainstorming which I enjoy doing with coauthors.
Point of view: Third person Past Tense
Post length: I have been known to write long posts and short posts, but more on the long side. I believe that post length should as long as it needs to be. That being said, I ask for at least a paragraph. Two is better.
Post frequency: I can post at least twice a week.
Grammar/Spelling: I am not asking for A+ writing, but I want to be able to understand. If you are concerned, I am open to sharing writing samples.
Ghosting: If you need to exit the storyline, just let me know. To be honest, I get concerned if a week passes with no post or notice regarding a delay.

The theme I have now is action/adventure with a bit of comedy. My character is Xenophon yios Calix, a minotaur, who is 23 years old. He identifies himself as a scribe whose hobby is playing the lyre. Although he is not a soldier like his father and older brother, he is a competent fighter. His clan belongs to the warrior caste and he has had training having earned top marks in grappling and in the use of the baxtrix staff. However, his people haven't lived according to the castes in a hundred years. This is why he is free to pursue being a scribe.

You are a human who becomes his travelling companion. I do not have a definitive plot because I would like to plan that out with you. I do have the beginning scene though. Imagine something similar to the Ishmael meets Queequeg scene from Moby Dick. Either your character or mine is the original occupant while the other is the one who is assigned to the room when the proprietor begins double-booking. One is asleep until he realizes that he's not alone in the bed. Breakfast is spent getting to know each other. They find out that they are heading to the same destination and decide to make the journey together. They don't make it there because they get waylaid.

M/M is preferred. Platonic or romantic depending on how the story develops.

I have done a bit of worldbuilding with the setting where the storyline would take place. It's a kingdom that I call Dreema. Xen is a resident of the Aldebaran region. It was annexed by the kingdom about 180 years before. This region is predominantly by minotaurs who migrated there shortly thereafter. They chose to live there in exile rather than in their original homeland. Further lore details regarding the migration are available.

Thank you for your consideration.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back