• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Merdell Academy: OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Yeah, but what do you do after that? Would you be satisfied with just leaving her as that dead husk, even if her powers are developed, her personality may not be, so you may not end up being satisfied after Rping for a while of just...dying when in a bad or insane situation.

Agreeing with you, I do feel like her abilities set a good precedence on what other basic Thanadian soldiers or generals could do, but not a true champion. Yeah... I can see it being kinda hard to find that balance into satisfying abilities that don't just, ruin everything. I agree with maybe re-working your abilities, if you want help on that I'm sure I (don't forget about your heiress q r o w q r o w either) will help you on that.

Go ahead and do as you feel best, just can try the best you can to keep her essence while reworking her otherwise.
The rework i have in mind does not only mean her abilities. If i really do it, i will scrap her, see what i learned and have a new take.

Zombies retaining their previous powers is already in the lore, only if the mage is strong enough though.

Okay- maybe I do need to show you guys before the RP starts.... Hold on~

I have an idea. But that idea is pretty tough. I does push the "Anomaly" thing to a new level...

As you know i see necromancy as "Death Magic" and not as zombie magic...

What about a character with powers worth a champ in the field of death magic... Without actually being able to summon Zombies? That would surely be a first for Thanade and a topic that´d be debated greatly. Inside and outside of Thanade...

Thanade’s Measure of Skill

How many dead can you rise at a time(?):

How long can you keep them risen(?):

Are you able to use their abilities they had(?):

EX: If you rose a Aveoulian, how long can you keep them risen and do they still have super strength? As well as, how many Aveoulians can you rise at one time?

Erynada’s Measure of Skill

How many animals can you shape shift into(?):

How many animals are you able to fluently speak to(?):

How many animals can you control at one time(?):

Aveoul’s Measure of Skill

How much weight can you lift(?):

Can you hear this sound(?): (Dog Whistle)

Can you catch this: (A ball is whipped toward you by a full grown Aveoul Warrior)

Lweste’s Measure of Skill

Can you make yourself invisible(?):

Attempt to make me see multiples of you, as many as possible:

How bright of a light can you summon from your hands: (A faint flicker-illuminate a room-blinding)

Yystan’s Measure of Skill

Do you need to summon a whole storm or do you pick and choose: (If you wanted lightning do you need to create a whole entire storm or can you just summon just the lightning)

How much damage can you deal with your storms(?): (Knock off a few shutter & break a few windows-Damage a roof and burn some trees down- Demolish a town)

Can you stop your storms once you make them(?): (Yes-Sometimes-No)

Myndok’s Measure of Skill

Write on the chalkboard without touching the chalk: (Can you write a sentence-paragraph-essay)

Tell me 5 fun things you did as a child without talking: (How many did you tell her? 1-5)

How far can you throw that dagger with your mind(?): (To the next table-Across the room-Across the Hall)​

Last edited:

Thanade’s Measure of Skill

How many dead can you rise at a time(?):

How long can you keep them risen(?):

Are you able to use their abilities they had(?):

EX: If you rose a Aveolian, how long can you keep them risen and do they still have super strength? As well as, how many Aveolians can you rise at one time?

Erynada’s Measure of Skill

How many animals can you shapeshift into(?):

How many animals are you able to fluently speak to(?):

How many animals can you control at one time(?):

Aveoul’s Measure of Skill

How much weight can you lift(?):

Can you hear this sound(?): (Dog Whistle)

Can you catch this:(A ball is whipped toward you by a full grown Aveoul Warrior)

Lweste’s Measure of Skill

Can you make yourself invisible(?):

Attempt to make me see multiples of you, as many as possible:

How bright of a light can you summon from your hands: (A faint flicker-illuminate a room-blinding)

Yystan’s Measure of Skill

Do you need to summon a whole storm or do you pick and choose: (If you wanted lightning do you need to create a whole entire storm or can you just summon just the lightning)

How much damage can you deal with your storms(?): (Knock off a few shutter & break a few windows-Damage a roof and burn some trees down- Demolish a town)

Can you stop your storms once you make them(?): (Yes-Sometimes-No)

Myndok’s Measure of Skill

Write on the chalkboard without touching the chalk:(Can you write a sentence-paragraph-essay)

Tell me 5 fun things you did as a child without talking: (How many did you tell her? 1-5)

How far can you throw that dagger with your mind(?): (To the next table-Across the room-Across the Hall)​
Exactly that is why i had the idea. Thanadeans have such a focussed measurement of power. What if my character kind of forced that to shift? It´d kind of split opinions in the country. and probably not only IN the country.

Get what i mean? I personally love the idea. Question is, would that be alright for yoU?

I have an idea. But that idea is pretty tough. I does push the "Anomaly" thing to a new level...

As you know i see necromancy as "Death Magic" and not as zombie magic...

What about a character with powers worth a champ in the field of death magic... Without actually being able to summon Zombies? That would surely be a first for Thanade and a topic that´d be debated greatly. Inside and outside of Thanade...
In what way exactly would you "break the system"?
The way mentioned above. Great abilities in the field of death-related magic. No ability to raise undead.

Elaborate "Death Magic"
Well, anything related to the topics of death or the soul.

I intend to keep the "Syphon Soul" ability, for example. My idea currently is to give my character more ways to utilize the souls, as well as for example an ability like "Decaying Touch". If activated, touching bare skin of somebody else will start to make said skin rot. If applied for too long, the whole person will simply turn into a rotten body. However that takes a long time and can easily be cancled. If not fully converted, the rotten parts will heal out and return to normal over a course of time, dependant on the amount of skin that needs to heal.

Just imagine an MMO. If you see a necromancer class there, they oftenly have a lot of occult abilities that relate to the soul or death in another way. I cant quite give you the detailed abilities, but i hope you understand the direction i mean to go to. I just think there is a lot potential besides simple zombie stuff.

Okay, that doesn't appear overpowered, I like it. She's an acceptable anomaly.

Medical Problem Mages Have

When mages go beyond their “norm”, or “take in” too much mana it can have a variety of results.. A norm is the average amount of mana you use daily. You can increase your norm by using your mana a bit more every day, not a significant amount, but just enough that you sweat a little. Some don’t know this but if you don’t use your mana for lets say a month, you’ll decrease your norm. So it’s best to use your mana daily. Taking in mana is when you summon mana from your environment and absorb it to power up your specialty to avoid draining your internal mana. We all take mana from our environment when we summon our element, but since we have an affinity for that element it does not require us to take a significant amount of mana from the environment, no side effects occur as a result. Taking in mana can become a problem when you use it to boost your specialty. If you absorb to much mana, to quickly is when side effects occur. They are listed below.

Bleeding is one of the most common side effects of going to far, to quickly beyond your norm. You can have a nose bleed, a vein can pop in your eye, or blood can come from your ears. Bleeding isn’t usually to serious as long as you stop the minute you notice the blood and seek medical attention just to make sure bleeding is the only thing that happened to your body. If you continue, you run the risk of popping a major vessel or having a seizure.

Hallucinations are a common side effect of absorbing external mana. When your absorb mana it’s best to do it slowly, if you don’t, the external mana can mess with your body. Since you didn’t give your internal mana time to filter the external mana. Hallucinations come from the external mana you absorbed, messing with your brain. You will start seeing objects, familiars, people, and plants that aren’t there. The hallucinations usually last until your body naturally expels the external mana. Once you notice you’re hallucinating, it’s best to lie down with your feet up so your internal mana that moves around your body through your blood, can get to your brain faster. When it reaches your brain, you may feel a bit of discomfort but that’s normal. One the headaches stop, you may have to go to the bathroom, or vomit. After you’ve done this you should be good. It’s recommended after this ordeal not to absorb external mana for a week at minimum.

Hibernation. There are two ways to power up your specialty. With external mana, or your own mana. You already are using your internal mana to use your specialty, so it’s quite the gamble to use even more of it to amplify your ability. Once your internal mana reaches a certain low, your body’s defense mechanisms will turn on. Hibernating is one of your body’s defense mechanisms. It’s common to sleep for about 2 hours to 48 hours depending on how low your internal mana got. During hibernation your body will start absorbing external mana at a very slow pace, hence the length of time the mage will be out. The reason for such a slow pace is because your body is filtering then filtering the external once more to make it beneficial and not toxic to your body. IF you notice someone going into hibernation it’s best to call a medic just so they can determine if the person will need a mana donor(X).

Is anybody willing to help me with the abilities? I think it´d be good for both balance and creativity if i had a bit of help.
She could be able to completely revive someone, decay someone, and put someone in a lifeless state via . . . ?

She could be able to completely revive someone, decay someone, and put someone in a lifeless state via . . . ?
I have a few ideas. I have actually a lot of ideas what she´d be able to do. What i need is to tell them to somebody via dm and get a bit of feedback on them.

A. My computer just died out, so maybe expect worse/shorter of these ooc post until I can get a new one :closedeyescryingfrown:

B. I suppose like the idea of taking away the more, zombie aspect in exchange for soul and spiritual based death magic, perhaps a sort of long lasting effecting things like mana drain upon those who meet a certain criteria, or after a certain process? Being able to siphon away some internal mana?

Alright, lastly Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford you have anything you wanna discuss about our country or what I have in my CS? I'd be happy and excited to re-work anything. ^_^
If not, I guess I have to say I'm done Heavenchi Heavenchi , had a good amount more things I wanted to add and work with, but it isn't too easy right now. :/:

As of right now, the position of Yystan Champion is open, however if no one claims it I will just throw my original idea up last mintue so we can keep the RP moving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back