• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Merdell Academy: OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Truly I’m attempting not to be limiting. I trust you guys not to push the limits to much but, if you guys would rather have me put rules and limitations in stone, I can. ??‍♀️

Nah you're fine, at least in I'm sure everything will work out fine, I don't see any issues with balancing, of course, I'm all for refining abilities and making things cooler like with the Berserk.

When I first made this RP my OC was the YYstan heir and a Myndok noble

Thanade Noble [_]
Thanadian Royal Adviser [_]
Captain of the Royal Guard [X]
~~~~~~
Lweste Noble [_]
Lwestian Royal Adviser [_]
Captain of the Royal Guard [_]
~~~~~~
Aveoul Noble [_]
Aveoulian Royal Adviser [_]
~~~~~~
Myndok Noble [_]
Myndok Royal Adviser [_]
~~~~~~
Yystan Noble [_]
Yystanian Royal Adviser [_]
~~~~~~
Erynada Noble [_]
Erynadian Royal Adviser [_]

No >:( I don't feel like making it pretty :_:​

Okay, so to anyone who may want to brainstorm character ideas, I'm open, I'd be happy to hear what various people have planned! <3

This also extends out to .jpeg .jpeg and Sunnyside Sunnyside (not trying to rush you guys at all, just wondering if you want help anytime.)

Random- It's a struggle to find good African american art. When I do find AA art it's usually over the top or a half naked warrior woman.

Random- It's a struggle to find good African american art. When I do find AA art it's usually over the top or a half naked warrior woman.
I know right :-_-lines:, I was planning on making my boy Afro-American after hearing their relation to the sun (or light at the very least), but I wasn't happy with anything I found, I guess it did work out though with the guy I found looking cunning and having a pretty water-based color scheme. ^_^

So Lysandrs's done and I might work on the Yystan champion soon, although im debating somethings.

Sorry about taking forever with my sheet! Just thinking about what directions my character could go in.
Nah you're fine, I do get this brooding vibe from having the dark gloves as your vessel (also, the idea of your release being a moment where you just snatch off your gloves if awesome) and your Ram's elegant horns, what directions are you planning on going?

Do i get love too?
All da loves. <3

So Lysandrs's done and I might work on the Yystan champion soon, although im debating somethings.
Can't wait to see how you handle her, and her seemingly mysterious familiar! Anything seems like it would be cool for her to work with.

Nah you're fine, I do get this brooding vibe from having the dark gloves as your vessel (also, the idea of your release being a moment where you just snatch off your gloves if awesome) and your Ram's elegant horns, what directions are you planning on going.

All da loves. <3

Can't wait to see how you handle her, and her seemingly mysterious familiar! Anything seems like it would be cool for her to work with.

Honestly, I'm thinking of having him being emotionally manipulated by his familiar into becoming a quite a danger to both others and himself. Of course, he won't be running around attacking other classmates— he'll just be highly suspicious of the others.

Alright, what would he be like when not affected by the Ram, perhaps soft or gentle, explaining why he is manipulated so easily, although plenty of traits make sense? It's a super awesome idea the champion of the animal kingdom has such a connection to his animal-like companion that he can almost be controlled by him, leaves some interesting idea for how you interact with other familiars and animals in the future! .jpeg .jpeg

Thank you haha, I almost forgot his connection to the animal kingdom for a second. I think what you've said is accurate; he's a very kind and gentle soul when it comes to animals... and not much else. dragonsfire dragonsfire

Meh, you've slightly crossed the border already, :deadopenmouth: I'm sure as long as it doesn't cause more mass extinction your fine, course permission from Heavenchi Heavenchi is great. <3

The thing is, if i take away the revive and the plagues, the things that she would probably never use, Kiana isn´t really that impressive...

What i am looking for is abilities that are not alike the plagues, but ones that she can use casually. (and that arent that broken, obviously. So stuff similar to Syphon Soul, for example)

The thing is, if i take away the revive and the plagues, the things that she would probably never use, Kiana isn´t really that impressive...

What i am looking for is abilities that are not alike the plagues, but ones that she can use casually. (and that arent that broken, obviously. So stuff similar to Syphon Soul, for example)
Yeah, I suppose it goes on what current events are going on, enhanced undead is interesting, considering it keeps the zombie's original powers, I suppose the limit to that is you would likely only be able to use the specific abilities from the country your from, and maybe who they last fought, that feels like it is doing the things that the heirs would do and almost breaking the limits.
We are legion makes sense as a release, it feels like the power a champion would have, maybe you should expand on it, but with its own power-up instead of plagues?

Personally, I can see most other trained Thanadians having access to Raise Undead and some lesser form of Soulcatcher, along with their own twist on abilities.

Yeah, I suppose it goes on what current events are going on, enhanced undead is interesting, considering it keeps the zombie's original powers, I suppose the limit to that is you would likely only be able to use the specific abilities from the country your from, and maybe who they last fought, that feels like it is doing the things that the heirs would do and almost breaking the limits.
We are legion makes sense as a release, it feels like the power a champion would have, maybe you should expand on it, but with its own power-up instead of plagues?
Personally, I can see most other trained Thanadians having access to Raise Undead and some lesser form of Soulcatcher.
well, we are legion doesnt just enable the plagues. It pretty much fuses together Kiana and Death itself. Thats what makes it so dangerous for her too. If she overdoes it, she will not be able to go back. Death will keep her and leave behind her empty mortal form.

And you put your finger on what i mean. Her other abilities are kind of... Average. I am currently debating if i should do something about that. SHe is supposed to be the champ. THe legion thing is a cool gimmik, but i think it will never come into play. And when i take that away, i dont really see a champ.

Im currently debating reworking Kiana as a whole. To find a better balance. While i do like the concept of the Necromancer Champ being a Vesselfree Anomaly, i think i executed her badly and i think if i can restart with what i learned i can do that better.

On the other side i like Kiana... Meh.

well, we are legion doesnt just enable the plagues. It pretty much fuses together Kiana and Death itself. Thats what makes it so dangerous for her too. If she overdoes it, she will not be able to go back. Death will keep her and leave behind her empty mortal form.

And you put your finger on what i mean. Her other abilities are kind of... Average. I am currently debating if i should do something about that. SHe is supposed to be the champ. The legion thing is a cool gimmik, but i think it will never come into play. And when i take that away, i dont really see a champ.
Yeah, but what do you do after that? Would you be satisfied with just leaving her as that dead husk, even if her powers are developed, her personality may not be, so you may not end up being satisfied after Rping for a while of just...dying when in a bad or insane situation.

Agreeing with you, I do feel like her abilities set a good precedence on what other basic Thanadian soldiers or generals could do, but not a true champion. Yeah... I can see it being kinda hard to find that balance into satisfying abilities that don't just, ruin everything. I agree with maybe re-working your abilities, if you want help on that I'm sure I (don't forget about your heiress q r o w q r o w either) will help you on that.

Go ahead and do as you feel best, just can try to do the best you can to keep her essence while reworking her otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back