• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Memoria OOC

Oh, by the way, should we include a stats box or something in our posts, to show how much health, spell slots, etc. we have left? Or should we just hold on to that info in our head?

Also, on a similar note... I tried to cast Animal Friendship a minute ago but failed. Does it count as using a spell slot regardless or only if it suceeds? Our group usually only counts it if the spell is successful, but I didn't know how you wanted to handle that.

Spell slots are spent even if the spell is unsuccessful. To do otherwise makes magic way more powerful and potentially game breaking.

implying that magic isnt broken already

I believe our dear shaka is up next

for the record, Ive tried contact Aydens character. He hasnt been on for ~ 3 days now. Ill open up recruitment again after it hits ....6 i suppose. Dont want to keep everyone waiting for too long.

To be fair, any spell of 5th level or lower is pretty solid.

It's only when you get to 6th level spells or higher is when shit hits the fan.

Note how few spell slots casters have for those spells, though. :xFtongue:

As for the possibility of new players, I think we're good for now. A Monk, a Fighter, a Ranger and a Druid is a pretty well rounded party. Maybe a but nature heavy, but still more than enough people to cover all the bases.

Well, if that becomes consensus of the party i will keep it at these levels. Well, it was the intended maximum regardless but then heats appeared out of nowhere x3. I don't really mind now though. I can always fill the ranks with what is needed with npcs..

This is, of course, assuming Ayden doesnt return and suddenly stop mumbling to himself, lost in thought like... wizards get.... i guess?

Good news is at least one of those attacks hit, considering that based on Marcus' previous attacks that the Cat has at most an ac of 15.

So i'll spend 1 ki to attempt to stun and maybe we can rush it down before anyone else gets hurt. In hind sight I should have just taken the short sword. Can't remember why I thought the staff was a good idea.

So in our current positions, I have to worry about hitting my allies. Can I move to the side where I have a clearer shot or is the area too narrow?
ValkyrieRose ValkyrieRose

yeah, you have enough space to skirt around the combat. with the cat in front of marcus its a relatively easy task. ill update the map after you go to show what my mental image of everyones position is at.

it isnt really stunned by aadra, mroe dazed from the sudden burst of light. itll be down for this turn. but will move again, assuming you fail to kill i.

ValkyrieRose ValkyrieRose Do you mind at all if I make some modifications to my sheet?

I'd like to swap my subclass from Monster Hunter to Samurai and my Feat from Lucky to Skilled.

I'd like to do this because it would involve less rolling of dice on my turn to use my subclass abilities and feat, as the forums' dice roller isn't very friendly when it comes to rolling multiple times.

We're still at the very start of the game and I haven't used any of those abilities In Character yet, so it shouldn't cause any continuity errors.

Last edited:
I'm about to have class, but I'll make a post later this afternoon.

Would it be possible for me to try a Perception check to figure out the source of the sound, or maybe to try to learn something about the pebble? It's not gonna like spring to life again if I pick it up, is it? (x

i dont know, is it? X3

ya i said anyone who wanted to could make a perception check

unless that was also in the post that mysteriously dissappeared. which i suppose is possible

That answer makes me nervous... It's like when I make a suggestion and my DM gets an evil grin and says "You can try..." Or this one time when we were entering a trap room covered with buttons and levers and after one of the players decided to hit every button within reach, our DM goes "Heh... Who all is in the room right now?" I immediately made it very clear that I was definitely still outside the door.(x

But, what the heck, I'll give it a shot. I can be y'all's guinea pig... Just give me a proper burial if I die. (x

Me: "I'm supposed to be good at nature stuff, so I'm gonna try to learn something useful about this critter! It's not gonna hurt me, is it?"
-rolls a 5, 1, and 7-
"Oh, poop..."

Sorry, guys! I tried!
Please don't kill me, please don't kill me...

well, there was no point in religion as ii didnt specify too. try and tell me what you planb

that said, we have the first crit fail of the game! pardon me while i go sharpen my knives and laugh maniacally as a wolf howls under the full moon and someone plays an incredibly cliche chord on the piano

Ahh, okay. Well, I figure it's easier to make the roll and then not need it than to have to go back and edit it in.
My thoughts were that perhaps the orb/pebble/whatever should be buried outside in the sunlight so that 1) the creature would be able to rest (unburied spirits are restless and can cause problems, depending on the type of creature) and 2) if the creature reanimated or whatever, being in the sunlight might purge or weaken the evil, making it a normal creature or a much weaker evil one.

Oh no... I'm in trouble. That's what you get for picking up strange rocks... (x

I went relatively easy on you

Usually when it comes to crit fails i can be either nice or extreme or... just plain weird. . When its nothing serious or potentially dangerous i tend to push it a bit for the sake of fun x3

ill post in a bit having a bit of back issues so im heading for a walk

edit: well, even then i got delayed, but im here now. thanks for keeping it going ^^

Last edited:
I feel like that cat's ghost is just floating around shaking its head in exasperation at our sudden fascination with this rock. Who cares about the several sets of eyes glaring malevolently at us, we found a shiny!

On that note, I'm assuming we will be wanting to get out of there soon. We've established that the cliffs are too steep and slippery for a person to climb them, but what about an animal? Would a mountain goat be able to scale them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back