• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Memoria OOC

Awesome! Hopefully I'll have mine finished by tonight, if nothing else comes up.

I will be leaving for Thanksgiving break tomorrow afternoon, but I will still have my phone to check messages here or on Discord. I think that if the posting load isn't too strenuous, I should still be able to be reasonably active. I just might be a little more spotty and write a bit less/take longer.

ah, you bring up something important i forgot to mention. When it comes to responses, you can post as little or as much as you want. If you want to jsut post an action such as "I attack by bringing my axe on him!" or "I want to scout around, looking for traps" is just as fine as posted longer responses to the world around you such as thoughts, etc.

so ... ya, posting shouldn't be too hard but, of course, enjoy your family time and i hope everything goes well ^^

Alrighty! I released everyone's items to them. Iris is doing the finishing touches and i know what her sheet looks like so i felt okay to share them. You should all have pms to that extent. They are yours to share or keep to yourself as you see fit.

I am looking forward to seeing you all grow, and your powers and abilities along with them.

The time of beginning draws near.

wonderful! With that all of the characters are submitted. Ill take a look at everything, make sure everything is in order, and begin posting. Its mostly going to be a better detailed version of the first post i had made, just give a lot more info and try to really make a decent first impression. Lets get ready, because the curtain pulls back and our adventure begins.

edit:

Alright, we are good to go

In general, questions directed to me for imore info or "can i do x" should be done here, and actual things such as rolling will be done in in the ic, unless it for some reason becomes hyper complicated to do so. Interactions and the like in the ic and i will post responses and lead you all from there as well.

i highly support everyone talking and planning and having fun with each other, so dont be afraid to bring something it, be it a question, a joke, whatever! lets all have fun mk?

Last edited:
Oh, I had a question!

So, when we're playing tabletop, if one of my group says "I want to shoot the ceiling and try to knock off the cover so the vampires get burned by sunlight.", the DM tells them to roll, then narrates their success/failure. So if they rolled a 1, then maybe they trip on their foot and accidently shoot the drink out of the vampire's hand, making it angry and alerting it to their position. If it was a 10 or 15, then they were probably successful, and if was an 18-20, the player gets to narrate their action (with all the over-the-top exuberance they want).
How will we be narrating success/failure in this RP? Is it up to player judgement (maybe based on a scale), or should we just say what we want to do and then you tell us what happens?

Is our amnesia only related to our circumstances, or have we been made to forget absolutely everything about ourselves?

AlbaGuBrath AlbaGuBrath ill usually narrate the events that happen based on what you do. Usually in the scenario above if you fail that roll nothing happens to you per se, but the gunshot would definatly alert them . if you crit fail then what happens depends on how generous a god i am. Might cause your shot to explode in the cartridge and shatter the gun, or , if im being incredibly sadistic and i can *somehow* make it make sense, the gun powder completes a magic circle that summons Orcus himself.... well, i would never be that sadistic.

JayTee JayTee you remember everything you were doing up until the last day. background and everything still works as usual, except for the laser guided amnesia that is the identity of the gods.

ValkyrieRose ValkyrieRose

Something that I should have asked earlier but that slipped my mind until now is how you want to deal with Shaka's angel.

All aasimar are born linked with an angelic guide who forms a pretty integral part of their lives.

Since you said that paladins and clerics can't remember who their gods are I'm assuming Shaka won't be able to contact Kokabiel either?

SAIGO-NO-HEATS SAIGO-NO-HEATS

Thats right, for the moment neither you or Aadra have the ability to contact your angelic guide. That might change later but for now, consider that link broken. Different from the gods, you CAN remember who your guide is, just to clarify.

JayTee JayTee - I'll wait for a little while until a couple more people have the chance to post before responding again. But as to what I have in mind... I looked through my spell sheet and I don't think there's much that can help us except for maybe Beast Speech, if there's anything around besides the water-horse just mentioned. That wouldn't reveal where we were geographically or anything, but it might tell us something about the natural world (if there are any region-specific dangers, if random strangers are a common thing, if bad things are happening, etc.), at least in limited terms. But, that assumes that beasts in this world "speak" the same language as those in Daimha's world/region. I don't know how well it would work, but it might be worth a shot.

ValkyrieRose ValkyrieRose So, when I make my post, I should only go as far as Daimha looking for/finding an animal and attempting to cast the spell, then roll and you tell me what happened? Do I need a seperate roll to find an animal/determine what kind of animal, or is that up to me?

(Sorry, y'all... I'm on mobile...)

Alright, cool. Though I actually just remembered it's actually a feature rather than a spell, so I guess it just happens automatically. Does this being a different location change anything about that? Do beasts use a different language/dialect, so to speak?

Okay. I think the creature should probably be in sight before I try it, especially if it's a potentially dangerous creature (so I can try to charm it). I think it could work even if it was out of sight as long as I knew it was there, but probably better to be safe than sorry. So I guess I'll message you before I post and find out what critter, if any, I discover, then make my post accordingly.

as long as i know thats your intent. anyway, if you wanted to find out what sort of animal, if any, you would need a nature check... or ask it and it might answer if it is, indeed, an animal

i hope everyone had a splendid thaniksgiving! for the update today, things seem tro be going swimmingly so far. i look forward to seeing where we all go together.

(bah that feeling when your browser doesnt save the progress you made so you have to write the expiation again)

The twin cliffs are steep but not flat, and appear to be naturally cut from this cove. From what you can eyeball they are about 50 feet in height. There is a narrow space between the cliffs, about 15 feet, which is the narrow passage way i decribed

While climbing something like this is no easy task, there do seem to be handholds that you could navigate up (Ability Check of 13. less so ifi you use items like rope, etc.) You would use your atheletics for this.

(bah that feeling when your browser doesnt save the progress you made so you have to write the expiation again)

The twin cliffs are steep but not flat, and appear to be naturally cut from this cove. From what you can eyeball they are about 50 feet in height. There is a narrow space between the cliffs, about 15 feet, which is the narrow passage way i decribed

While climbing something like this is no easy task, there do seem to be handholds that you could navigate up (Ability Check of 13. less so ifi you use items like rope, etc.) You would use your atheletics for this.

Cool. Second question. When we roll dice, do we roll here in OOC or in our IC post?

roll in your IC post, and ill edit it with the results (unless they took at ability away since the last time i did this, in which case ill jsut make a response here, or make my own)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back