• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Medicine and Practice (Medical Drama)(3 spots left)

[div class=background][div class=second] [div class=topimg]
[div class=back] go back [/div][/div] [div class=border][div class=opacitybg][/div] [div class=box][div class=over]overview[/div]
No amount of studying prepared you. There was no test that told you what to expect. Even after all that time shoving more and more knowledge into that big brain of yours, you still weren't prepared for Residency. Did you expect being a surgeon to be easy? No, of course not. But you didn't expect to be thrown into the deep end without floaties when all you knew was the kiddie pool. This is Clearview. THE Clearview Medical Center, the most innovative medical facility in New York. Heck, it might even be the best one in America. Did you think it would be that simple?

Residents must work hard for this opportunity. Medical student flock from all over the world to have their residency at Clearview. The wait list is a mile long to be interviewed, let alone to be let in. Only the best and brightest students even have a chance to be accepted. But you got in. It was an impossible task and you did it! Your fate isn't sealed though. You have one year to prove you can stay. Only 8 first year residents are accepted. Only 5 get to keep their spot. You better kiss your quiet time at home and your nights of sleep goodbye, cause you're in for a crazy year.

But Residents are the only ones competing.

The Attendings have the task of teaching the next generation of amazing surgeons. You remember those days of residency, and everyone must pay their dues. You love to get them to do the jobs you hate and tell them what to do. Some have even gone as far as to make them do their chores. They have to earn the right to be here, but so do you. There is a spot open. The head of surgery is currently stepping down due to some not so ethical or legal happenings. Who cares why its open though. The top spot in the top hospital is open and someone's gonna get it. You're about to jump through every hoop, dot every I, and cross every T until someone gets put in the position.

So much drama goes down at Clearview, and we're just waiting to uncover it.

[div class=over]rules[/div]
[div class=num]1.[/div] Follow RPN rules

[div class=num]2.[/div] Be kind and courteous in ooc. Don't be a drama llama

[div class=num]3.[/div]I would prefer if you were active (about a post every couple days). I am not going to force you to post every day or even every other day. I am a college student who works so I understand being busy. Just try and keep up with the pace of everyone else.

[div class=num]4.[/div]Only one Attending role and two Residents per person. Only take on as many characters as you can handle.

[div class=num]5.[/div]If you don't have much knowledge into the medical field, that's okay! Google is great resource. Maybe we can all learn along the way!

[div class=num]6.[/div]Roles are first come first serve. If all those spots are filled and people are interested in joining, I will consider opening up other areas of hospital care (nurses, physical therapy, etc.).

[div class=num]7.[/div]If you have any ideas on cases, plot points, drama starters, or anything else, tell me! I want this to be molded by all of us players. It's more enjoyable and fresh with more than one noggen doing the thinking.

[div class=over]Roles[/div]
Residents
First Year Residents: 0/8
Second Year Residents: 3/5

Attendings
General Surgeon: 0/1
Cardiothoracic Surgeon: 0/1
Neurosurgeon: 0/1
Orthopedic Surgeon: 0/1

[div class=over]links[/div]
CHARACTERS - MAIN - OOC
[/div][/div][/div] [div class=first] [div class=words]Medicine and Practice
[div class=bottomwords]"Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death.
If it is given me to save a life, all thanks.
But it may also be within my power to take a life;
this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty.
Above all, I must not play at God."
-Hippocratic Oath [/div][/div] [div class=line][div class=fimgb][div class=input] [div class=block][div class=inputwords] go forward [/div][/div][/div][/div][/div] [/div][/div] [div class=c]made by: @undine[/div] [script class=input on=click] slideUp 2000 first fadeIn 1000 second [/script] [script class=back on=click] slideDown 2000 first [/script] [script class=input on=mouseenter] addClass op inputwords [/script] [script class=input on=mouseleave] removeClass op inputwords [/script] [class=background]height: 400px; max-width: 600px; boz-sixing: border-box; margin: auto; position: relative; overflow: hidden; border: 1px solid #f1f1f1 [/class] [class=first]height: 100%; width: 100%; background: #CFCFCF; opacity: 0.99; position: relative; top: -400px [/class] [class=second]height: 100%; width: 100%; background-image:url(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/27/8d/fd/278dfd5afd3170c659620d69b99b64b3.jpg); background-size:100%; background-position: 0% 30%; opacity: 1; position: relative; top: 0px [/class] [class=back]width:100%; height: 40px; padding: 20px 0px 0px 0px; margin: auto; font-weight: 700; letter-spacing: 1.5px; word-spacing: 1.5px; font-size: 13px; color: white; position: relative; top: 305px; text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; cursor: pointer [/class] [class=line]height: 2px; width: 100%; background: white; position: relative; top: 130px [/class] [class=fimgb]position: relative; top: -95px; margin: auto; clip-path: polygon(0 50%, 50% 0, 100% 50%, 50% 100%); height: 180px; width: 180px; background: #fff; padding: 7px [/class] [class=input]cursor: pointer; height: 180px; width: 180px; background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/11/0c/f9/110cf9711bb0607b20089d9322a65e69.jpg); background-size: 85%; background-position: 120% 100%; clip-path: polygon(0 50%, 50% 0, 100% 50%, 50% 100%); filter: saturate(70%) [/class] [class=inputwords]height: 10px; padding: 5px 5px 10px 5px; width: 100%; display: block; background: #fff; color: #444444; position: relative; top: 85px; font-size: 10px; font-family: 'Playfair Display', serif; text-align: center; transition: all .4s ease-in-out; opacity: 0; position: relative [/class] [class name=op]opacity: 1 [/class] [class name=words]height:100px; width: 100%; font-size: 25px; font-family: 'Playfair Display', serif; position: absolute; color: #444444; top: 250px; text-align: center; letter-spacing: 4.5px; text-transform: uppercase [/class] [class=topimg]height:100%; width:100%; filter: saturate(110%); transition: all .5s ease-in-out; position: relative; top: 0px; left: 0px [/class] [class name=topimg state=hover]filter: saturate(150%); [/class] [class=topwords]width:130px; height: 7%; border-bottom: 1px solid #94A12C; font-size: 12px; color: black; position: relative; top: 220px; margin: auto; font-family: 'Montserrat', sans-serif; font-weight: 700; word-spacing: 1px; letter-spacing: 1px; [/class] [class=bottomwords]height: 100%; width: 100%; font-size: 0.45em; text-transform: lowercase; text-align: center; font-style: oblique; top: -5px; line-height: 14px; letter-spacing: 0.2px; position: relative; top: 10px [/class] [class=border]height: 300px; width: 345px; position: relative; margin:auto; top: -371px; left: 0px [/class] [class name=opacitybg]height: 289px; width: 350px; border: 1px solid white; background: white; opacity: 0.8; margin: auto; position: relative; top: 5px [/class] [class=i]display: inline-block; font-size: 30px; font-style: italic [/class] [class=box]height: 80%; width: 90%; padding: 5px; font-size: 15px; font-family: 'Hind', sans-serif; margin: auto; position: relative; top: -265px; line-height:17px; word-spacing: -0px; overflow: auto; text-align: justify [/class] [class=over]height: 25px; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; width: 100%; background: #ACACAC; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 700; text-transform: uppercase; position: sticky; top: 0px; text-align: center; letter-spacing: 2px; [/class] [class=num]display: inline-block; font-size: 11px; font-weight: 700 [/class] [class=c]width: 100%; text-align: center; opacity: 0; font-size: 10px [/class]

Last edited:
I can’t read the text, it’s colored too similarly to the background. Can you maybe change it to a darker shade or something?

No amount of studying prepared you. There was no test that told you what to expect. Even after all that time shoving more and more knowledge into that big brain of yours, you still weren't prepared for Residency. Did you expect being a surgeon to be easy? No, of course not. But you didn't expect to be thrown into the deep end without floaties when all you knew was the kiddie pool. This is Clearview. THE Clearview Medical Center, the most innovative medical facility in New York. Heck, it might even be the best one in America. Did you think it would be that simple?

Residents must work hard for this opportunity.
Medical student flock from all over the world to have their residency at Clearview. The wait list is a mile long to be interviewed, let alone to be let in. Only the best and brightest students even have a chance to be accepted. But you got in. It was an impossible task and you did it! Your fate isn't sealed though. You have one year to prove you can stay. Only 8 first year residents are accepted. Only 5 get to keep their spot. You better kiss your quiet time at home and your nights of sleep goodbye, cause you're in for a crazy year.

But Residents are the only ones competing.

The Attendings have the task of teaching the next generation of amazing surgeons.
You remember those days of residency, and everyone must pay their dues. You love to get them to do the jobs you hate and tell them what to do. Some have even gone as far as to make them do their chores. They have to earn the right to be here, but so do you. There is a spot open. The head of surgery is currently stepping down due to some not so ethical or legal happenings. Who cares why its open though. The top spot in the top hospital is open and someone's gonna get it. You're about to jump through every hoop, dot every I, and cross every T until someone gets put in the position.

So much drama goes down at Clearview, and we're just waiting to uncover it.

rules
1. Follow RPN rules
2. Be kind and courteous in ooc. Don't be a drama llama
3. I would prefer if you were active (about a post every couple days). I am not going to force you to post every day or even every other day. I am a college student who works so I understand being busy. Just try and keep up with the pace of everyone else.
4. Only one Attending role and two Residents per person. Only take on as many characters as you can handle.
5. If you don't have much knowledge into the medical field, that's okay! Google is great resource. Maybe we can all learn along the way!
6. Roles are first come first serve. If all those spots are filled and people are interested in joining, I will consider opening up other areas of hospital care (nurses, physical therapy, etc.).
7.If you have any ideas on cases, plot points, drama starters, or anything else, tell me! I want this to be molded by all of us players. It's more enjoyable and fresh with more than one noggen doing the thinking.

Roles

Residents

First Year Residents: 1/8

Second Year Residents: 3/5

Attendings

General Surgeon: 0/1

Cardiothoracic Surgeon: 0/1

Neurosurgeon: 0/1

Orthopedic Surgeon: 0/1
Cosmos Cosmos
here is only the text

Last edited:
Could we play patients? Curious.

Could we play patients? Curious.
Not right now. I'd like all the other spots filled first. Maybe later. But when your character interacts with a patient, you can have them react. I'm thinking that when I send out Charts for cases I'll have a little synopsis about the person.
Interested in the cardiothoracic surgeon
Actually, Cardiothoracic surgeon is the only taken one. You could pick anything else though. 😊
kinda want a first-year
I'll save your spot for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back