• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Mecha sci fi roleplay interest check!

Can I make like a 60 meter tall Mecha since I kinda want to put two battleship turrets on its shoulder? I'm getting rid of the chainsword and just having pure firepower instead.

As Windsock already said (Much appreciated) the largest available mechs are indeed around 40 feet tall. Please refer to the information I've already posted for information such as mech sizes.

Say, you might think me weird, but I wanna add some infantry in the mix. No matter what the cost. I'm so bored that I wanna kill time by whatever means necessary. If I throw fresh warm bodies in the meat grinder it might add a new dimension to the story (an interesting one I might add). The players can have support there too and not be out there in the field being all lonesome. Give me a company, a platoon or a squad and I'll see that we put the hurt on those monsters! Its inspired by an old classic game by the name of "Ring of Red". I haven't played the game (or watched it much) I just took the idea out of it. It's your call though, if we don't go with infantry, I might settle down for a tank or some sorta howitzer.

As Windsock already said (Much appreciated) the largest available mechs are indeed around 40 feet tall. Please refer to the information I've already posted for information such as mech sizes.
Shame, honestly I was hoping for an exception but with some thinking, I realize I have no right to ask that of you.

Shame, honestly I was hoping for an exception but with some thinking, I realize I have no right to ask that of you.
I appreciate you backing down on the matter, you could always scale down the turrets and still have them mounted on a mechs shoulders if that helps. I'd recommend the "Rook" class if that's what your after.

Say, you might think me weird, but I wanna add some infantry in the mix. No matter what the cost. I'm so bored that I wanna kill time by whatever means necessary. If I throw fresh warm bodies in the meat grinder it might add a new dimension to the story (an interesting one I might add). The players can have support there too and not be out there in the field being all lonesome. Give me a company, a platoon or a squad and I'll see that we put the hurt on those monsters! Its inspired by an old classic game by the name of "Ring of Red". I haven't played the game (or watched it much) I just took the idea out of it. It's your call though, if we don't go with infantry, I might settle down for a tank or some sorta howitzer.

I'm afraid this roleplay is specifically for people who wish to play Operators and their respective mechs, there are no positions for light infantry or any other roles such as tank drivers.

I'm afraid this roleplay is specifically for people who wish to play Operators and their respective mechs, there are no positions for light infantry or any other roles such as tank drivers.

Don't worry, man, I suddenly got this idea of a proper fighting mech. She'll be a beauty and she'll strike fear into the hearts of any monster that ever crosses her path. And she'll be fighting up real close, it'll be intimate. Give me a bit more time and I promise you a weapon of mass destruction and a competent pilot to go with that.

Don't worry, man, I suddenly got this idea of a proper fighting mech. She'll be a beauty and she'll strike fear into the hearts of any monster that ever crosses her path. And she'll be fighting up real close, it'll be intimate. Give me a bit more time and I promise you a weapon of mass destruction and a competent pilot to go with that.

Looking forward to seeing what you can drum up.

Looking forward to seeing what you can drum up.
I'm thinking about creating a mecha who has the aforementioned battleship turrets but I'm thinking about adding some background lore to the creators himself. I'm thinking that the head designers, engineers, and scientists were all part of a religious cult. They believe in a deity they call the Machina who was the god Metal, Machines, and Knowledge. They believe that Machina sacrificed himself eons ago to contain the Demons using his corpse as a cage to imprison them. But now they are beginning to break their bonds and slip into our world, an afront to their God. So they seek to defeat them in His name.

So they created the Deus-Pattern "Purgatus Machina" Rook-class Mecha. They believe they have made God manifest as a machine and secretly created an extremely aggressive A.I that claimed the minds of those too weak that attempted to bond with them, frying their brains and leaving them vegetative husks. With every failed attempt, the machine absorbed a part of their psyche, shaping it's "personality." On the eve of its coronation to active status, every single member, which were dozens by that point, committed ritualistic suicide before their "God".

The pilot I'm making has an extremely strong mecha but slowly goes insane every time he interfaces with the A.I due to how many minds reside within it and how it tries to constantly absorb him into it. He suffers from nightmares as mental ghosts assail his mental walls in his dreams.

I'm thinking about creating a mecha who has the aforementioned battleship turrets but I'm thinking about adding some background lore to the creators himself. I'm thinking that the head designers, engineers, and scientists were all part of a religious cult. They believe in a deity they call the Machina who was the god Metal, Machines, and Knowledge. They believe that Machina sacrificed himself eons ago to contain the Demons using his corpse as a cage to imprison them. But now they are beginning to break their bonds and slip into our world, an afront to their God. So they seek to defeat them in His name.

So they created the Deus-Pattern "Purgatus Machina" Rook-class Mecha. They believe they have made God manifest as a machine and secretly created an extremely aggressive A.I that claimed the minds of those too weak that attempted to bond with them, frying their brains and leaving them vegetative husks. With every failed attempt, the machine absorbed a part of their psyche, shaping it's "personality." On the eve of its coronation to active status, every single member, which were dozens by that point, committed ritualistic suicide before their "God".

The pilot I'm making has an extremely strong mecha but slowly goes insane every time he interfaces with the A.I due to how many minds reside within it and how it tries to constantly absorb him into it. He suffers from nightmares as mental ghosts assail his mental walls in his dreams.

Every word written here is insane. Tone it down, Bob! Scrap the cult thing altogether and go with something military.

Every word written here is insane. Tone it down, Bob! Scrap the cult thing altogether and go with something military.
What's wrong with it? I was trying to combine and mesh the religious themes of the Mechanicus and the Mekhanites, alongside the psychological insights of Evangelion.

Now, now gents. No fighting in the interest check.

Bob, it's an interesting idea, really it is. However I have to agree with Heisenberg in that it's a little mad, honestly too bizarre for the word I've established. I feel we could dilute it somewhat and you'd still be able to play with a few of the concepts your trying.

Perhaps running through it with me via PM would be the best way to proceed?

Heisenberg it's not your place to tell other people on here what to do, please leave that to me from here on out.

Now, now gents. No fighting in the interest check.

Bob, it's an interesting idea, really it is. However I have to agree with Heisenberg in that it's a little mad, honestly too bizarre for the word I've established. I feel we could dilute it somewhat and you'd still be able to play with a few of the concepts your trying.

Perhaps running through it with me via PM would be the best way to proceed?

Heisenberg it's not your place to tell other people on here what to do, please leave that to me from here on out.

I can understand that. I'll leave it to ya.

What's wrong with it? I was trying to combine and mesh the religious themes of the Mechanicus and the Mekhanites, alongside the psychological insights of Evangelion.

I'll take your word for it.

Sorry, I didn't mean to ask in such an aggressive manner. I was legitimately asking what was wrong with it so that I could make improvements upon it.

Sorry, I didn't mean to ask in such an aggressive manner. I was legitimately asking what was wrong with it so that I could make improvements upon it.

I won't argue with you, I suggest you listen to whatever Foster says. But also listen, listen to me when I say tone it down, man. I meant well when I said it. And with all that said, I actually look forward to writing with you, I bet there's lots we can teach each other.

I won't argue with you, I suggest you listen to whatever Foster says. But also listen, listen to me when I say tone it down, man. I meant well when I said it. And with all that said, I actually look forward to writing with you, I bet there's lots we can teach each other.
What did you find most objectionable about the idea? So I can learn from this clear mistake.

Just to make things clear to everybody the image below is a good example of the basic body structure that our mechs will be following. Generally humanoid, although of course each one is allowed to be unique and may have features that make it less straight forward than the example image. They will of course look far more realistic than the image shown here, (Think pacific rim) but it gets the basic body structure across well.

Image result for gundam art

Just to make things clear to everybody the image below is a good example of the basic body structure that our mechs will be following. Generally humanoid, although of course each one is allowed to be unique and may have features that make it less straight forward than the example image. They will of course look far more realistic than the image shown here, (Think pacific rim) but it gets the basic body structure across well.

Image result for gundam art
How about this design? https://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/at/2009/3/27/794e6617e6262001da00fbd25d396915_6825.jpg__thumb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back