• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Mass Effect Trilogy Adventure (OC Only)

Shannon Trevor

One Thousand Club
Hey guys, been thinking about this plot idea for a while now and thought I'd gauge some interest.

For years rumours have circulated about a fabled Prothean station out in the farthest reaches of the settled galaxy. Believed to be nothing more than a flight of fancy, hard evidence has recently emerged that indicates the station could actually exist. A group of wealthy benefactors have banded together to purchase a ship and employ a crew to find the artefact before anyone else.

Your character has recently been contacted by the expedition leader, former Alliance Colonel, John Haverson. The former soldier has heard about your abilities and is keen to bring you onboard. If interested, the expedition will be meeting on the Citadel before embarking on a trip to find possibly the most significant discovery since the Prothean ruins on Mars.

If interested, please leave a message along with a brief character description of who you wish to play.

I want this to be a reasonably detailed and literate rp and will be asking for a writing sample before character approval.

EDIT: Could do with a pilot or engineer, if either of those roles would interest anyone?

Any questions, please feel free to ask.

Many thanks,

Shannon

Last edited:
I am interested, and I want to go into this with a character named Ellen Navarre, who is an ex-N7 operative.

Awesome :)

Will wait until we get a few more interested crewmates and then I can start talking about plot and other story ideas.

Super interested, seeing as it's Mass Effect. :)

Obligatory Asari xenologist. Though if this is connected with Earth Alliance, human xenologist! Either way, likely to be an impassioned researcher with a keen interest in learning all she can (and making her career).

Super interested, seeing as it's Mass Effect. :)

Obligatory Asari xenologist. Though if this is connected with Earth Alliance, human xenologist! Either way, likely to be an impassioned researcher with a keen interest in learning all she can (and making her career).

No, it doesn't have to be Alliance-centric. Human or Asari is fine :)

I don't know if you saw what I wrote, so I'll repost it here.

I'd be interested! Mass Effect is one of my favorite series. Perhaps I can play an infiltrator class human named Xavier Polaris, who is a free lancer?

Understandable. When should we have the writing sample in, and will you supply a CS for us to fill out?

I'd say we're keen to get started but the sample can wait a couple of days while we finish recruitment and fill positions. I'm not too picky as far as the sample goes, sci-fi would be preferable but good writing will stand out no matter what the genre.

As for the CS, I was thinking something pretty basic; some physical description and a bit about their skills and history.

Any spots left? It's been a long, long time since I did anything Mass Effect-y, but I'd like to try my hand at being a cranky, aging, ex-Navy starship engineer (seeing as I don't think anyone has applied for the position yet).

Two very small issues: Firstly it's been roughly 2 and a bit years since I past wrote, I'm super rusty so it might take me a little while to get back into the swing if things; and secondly this is a new account and I can't PM anyone just yet. If I meet your approval, please message me and I'll send some of my old posts.

Any spots left? It's been a long, long time since I did anything Mass Effect-y, but I'd like to try my hand at being a cranky, aging, ex-Navy starship engineer (seeing as I don't think anyone has applied for the position yet).

Two very small issues: Firstly it's been roughly 2 and a bit years since I past wrote, I'm super rusty so it might take me a little while to get back into the swing if things; and secondly this is a new account and I can't PM anyone just yet. If I meet your approval, please message me and I'll send some of my old posts.
PM sent :)

basicallyaMarshWiggle basicallyaMarshWiggle Jaxsor Jaxsor NemoTheSurvivor NemoTheSurvivor lightdrago lightdrago Epiphany Epiphany

Hey guys, was just wondering if we all have Discord or if not, Skype or Hangouts?

My biggest concern is that when the game gets up and running it'll die off. So far any group RP I've been part of on this site has died way too soon. I think an OOC chat would help a lot with this, it'd give us a sense of community, allows us to plot ideas and interactions and gives us something to do if there is a lull.

What do ya's think?

As discussed on Hangouts, I'll throw in Jesa Thaniria, as security, scouting, and computer expertise.

Also, I certainly like the Discord idea.

And with that, I think we have our compliment of crew. I'll probably NPC the pilot unless we get a late volunteer.

I'll make a thread for bios and character info by this tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back