• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Mass Effect: Tales from the Citadel

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
sully.png
name.png

Tags: BarakaisBae BarakaisBae [Mention]

The choir of screams echoed throughout the complex, each individual voice muted after a short burst of gunfire. Soon the choral song was reduced to a solo as one panicked wail was all that remained. Robert entered the room from where it came to see three Alliance soldiers in front of him. They each had their guns aimed downwards towards the source of the screams. Robert walked over, each step sending waves of dread throughout his body. The intensity of his trepidation increased with each breath as the soldiers before him began to contort into being more demon that man. There were three bright flashes that signalled the end of the final scream, leaving the entire building in silence. The three monstrosities turned to him, their faces twisted into frightful visages. They pointed toward Roberts torso with fingers of bone and began to laugh with demonic roars. Rob felt a compulsion to look downwards and saw his armour caked in a fresh, thick layer of crimson viscera. The air in his lungs vented in an instant as he let loose a cry of horror. He swung his palms at his chest swatting heavily at the blood adorning each plate of his protective suit. With each touch of the blood it spread further up his body, working its way through the small gaps in his armour. Soon the taste of it filled his mouth before finally his vision was overtaken by darkness. The cacophonous laughter became unbearable with Roberts own screams drowned out. The terror had completed consumed him.

Robert shot up from the couch he had called his bed for the night. His throat was hoarse and his skin drenched in sweat. He rubbed at the back of his head before placing it in between his knees to try and compose himself. A soft panting next to him was followed by successive sensations he knew came as a result of his companion, Nyx. She licked at his forearms, trying to reach his face as best she could. After repeated failed attempts she leapt up onto the couch, resting her head across the back of Rob's shoulders. He had experienced one of the worst night terrors he had for a long time. Fortunately for him, every time Nyx had been there to comfort him. She was as good a friend as he could ask for.

The frequency from which he suffered night terrors was so unpredictable. He could go months without an episode but then suddenly suffer them for a week straight. Usually he would just relive the massacre he had been a part of but this time it had just been so sinister...so otherwordly that it took him to a place darker than anything he had felt before. His body shook violently for a few moments as he tried to compose himself, trying to focus on the comfort that Nyx was trying to provide. He breathed in deep before exhaling slowly. His shakes soon subsided and he raised his head. Nyx rushed her head from his back and began to assault his face with multiple lashes of her tongue. The physical act itself was fairly disgusting but the thought behind it filled Robert with a warmth that brought him back round completely. Raising his hand Robert began to run it through Nyx's thick fur, reaching around her body to rub at her chest.

"Thanks Nyx..." Rob's words were shakey, the lingering effects of fear still present. Inhaling deeply and letting out a sigh, Rob rested his head against Nyx's. The dogs tongue returned to its mouth as it began to carefully rub it's head against Robert's. The pair remained there for a couple of minutes before Robert felt comfortable enough to move.

"Come on then girl...let's get some breakfast." Nyx by no means had a complete understanding of English but what she did have was enough to understand when food was on offer. She leapt from the couch and made her way towards teh kitchen in the corner. Robert turned his body and planted his feet onto the cold floor beneath. His right left bobbed up and down as the final remnants of his night terror drifted away. He used his hands to push himself to his feet and maneouvered his way to the kitchen. For all her initial excitement, Nyx sat waiting patiently next to her bowl. Robert took a moment to look down at her face, one that was filled with nothing but love. The terrors used to be much more difficult to deal with without her there, bringing her into his life was the best thing he had ever done.

Reaching down into a cupboard Robert pulled out a sachet for dog food before emptying its contents into Nyx's bowl. The dog continued to sit patiently looking at Rob, although the strain brought on by not eating was becoming clearer with each passing second. Robert smiled at her and crouched before her. "Go!" Nyx snapped her head downwards and began to ravage the contents of her bowl, forcing a laugh from Rob. He loved food as much as she did and hoped that he didn't look like her when he ate. He rubbed behind her ear and kissed the top of her head before returning upright.

Moving to the counter he turned his kettle on and set about making a cup of tea. Maybe it was because he was British and tea still remained a staple of British breakfasts, but he absolutely hated the taste of coffee. During his time in the Alliance military he had befriended an American who drank the dark liquid like it was running out. Three cups before 09:00 and six before lunch was ludicrous in his mind. Even so, billions of humans across the Milky Way drank it so he thought that maybe it was more him than the product. Tea on the other hand, that was something that transcended simply pouring water over a tea bag. For Robert it was more of a art, something that he mastered after years of practise growing up. He didn't go to the lengths the Japanese did with their tea ceremonies, but he took his time, brewing it enough to make sure it was exactly how he liked it. Soon enough the kettle finished boiling and he began to make his cup of tea.

With tea in hand Robert made his way towards a nearby counter, taking a seat atop a stool. He placed his tea down onto the hard surface and looked out across the space of his living space. The TV continued to show classic animated tv shows from the twenty first century, albeit moving onto one following the adventures of a crazed grandfather and grandson through space. One of his favourites, even that couldn't shake the feeling that hung heavy on his shoulders. The thought of that night with the Batarian colonists...it was at the forefront of his mind. Robert rested his forhead on one of his hands as the mixture of shame and grief wracked at this mind. He then thought about Osayo and what she had said earlier, 'Old memories to you are like a photograph across a room.' The thought tore at his chest and brought a tear to his eye. For Robert his experience from moments prior was traumatic, but it was as she said. It was almost as if he was watching himself from a distance or viewing through a fog. For her and her people, the experience he just had would have been amplified ten fold. He felt exhausted, scared, ashamed...broken. He sniffed deeply and rubbed at his eyes before any tears could escape, steeling himself against the emotion he felt towards Osayo and the Drell in that moment. With his empathy driving him to the verge of sobbing tears, Robert took a sip from his drink. The warmth travelled through his body, providing him some comfort. Maybe that was all tea was for him, not something drunk for sustenance, but more for the warm feeling it sent through him.

His mind began to wander as his eyes locked onto the TV once more, a talking pickle filling the screen. Most days he would laugh uncontrollably at the scene but it was as if it didn't even register in his brain. He thought about the look on Osayo's face when she saw the man from her past, her initial fear being replaced with relief within moments of his introduction. It made him smile that she appeared to be happy in that moment. They had grown close over the couple of years they had known each other and selflessly, he wanted her to be happy. Even if he was the one who opened up the most, he just felt himself inexplicably drawn towards her. The thought of being more with anyone was far from his mind, his second job made it too dangerous for him to even consider that as an option. Whoever the Drell was that had turned up during their conversation...he was just happy that someone had appeared in Osayo's life that could maybe give her what Rob deep down, really wanted to.

Auleus Indanian
Auleus tried not to look bored as the two ladies stepped aside. From what little he could overhear the detective was pegging him as the killer. Indanian chuckled to himself. If he was on their side he might come to that conclusion as well. The only thing was that last week he was carrying out a job that involved hunting down Blood Pack leaders on Omega. Records existed of him being there. Then it occurred to him... Records like that could easily be faked by someone with sufficient knowledge of hacking or, perhaps more terrifying, someone with Indanian's clearance.

When the two came back Auleus was delighted to hear that the two were in, and even more pleased that it was going to be a by-the-book investigation. That would mean that Auleus could worm his way into C-Sec and figure out if any of the higher-ups were covering for Crucifix.

"Excellent," Indanian replied, "I assure you Detective, I have no vendetta against this guy, in fact with his list of victims I'd almost shake his hand. I am more than willing to act purely as a consultant on this case. I will let you know if I encounter anything when you and I are not working directly together."

Auleus was elated that he finally got closer to leaving the bureaucratic hell hole that was the Citadel. "I look forward to working with the both of you," Indanian said, "For now I am going to get some rest. I have an office that I got for this operation the Presidium not too far from the Embassies. I will be there tomorrow starting at 0800 station time. I have some personal business to take care of, but you can feel free to stop by. After that I will be heading to C-Sec to make all of this official." Auleus then handed over a datapad to Thalia. "That has my contact information. Please don't share that with anyone non vital to the case. Good night ladies."

With that, Auleus made his way to his Apartment for the night.

Deciding to move on with his night after the late hour becoming more evident to him. Kifo moved his hand toward his Omni tool and tapped a few keys, sending off data he had been collecting to both Detective Thalia and the Spectre Auleus. Before moving on into the night, slipping down a few alley ways and catching a cab to the lower wards. It had been a rather long day, full of surprises and deep history relived as he caught up with an old friend in Osayo and made an appearance to see who exactly had been looking after Intel on himself and about the crucifix killer.

Upon arrival... Tiat made a small tip and departed from the cab, eyes looking up toward the building before him and wandering about in scanning the area. The drell was never without eye for those trailing his steps or looking to catch him off guard, a slight paranoia perhaps, after all you don’t remain alive as long as Kifo in this line of work without developing some kind of paranoid security and habits. The drell had made plenty of enemies over the years, plenty more seeking him out for one reason or another.

The trick was to remain ahead as then you’d never fall behind or feel too close a breath upon your neck before the dagger digs into your back or across your neck. Walking through the doors of a old rundown section of the lower wards that hadn’t been fully repaired and remodeled after the geth attack two years prior. Kifo made his way toward the stairs electing to take a longer route to his apartment, eyes still shifting from one corner to another as subtly as possible til eventually falling upon his door.

Pressing a few keys to signal his security system and unlock his door via a bio scan. Kifo entered through the doors as they closed behind him, scanning the room once before moving toward leather chair, vape long since put away into his coat that he took off and draped over the back of the chair, as he took hold of a bottle and began to pour a dark honey color liquid into a glass, it was a cheap but strong liquor he found back on omega and kept in supply of ever since.

Sitting down at his chair and flipping on a projector with touch of a button. Kifo leaned back and took a drink from the barely clean glass that was used the night before, eyes fixed upon the wall where a screen lay offering a makeshift tv for his old projector that a quarian contact of his got working for him. He couldn’t explain why really, why he had taken to ancient human technology such as that used in film making, but he did especially the old black and white films from the 1950’s and prior years, relating to them somehow, this particular film was a silent film with words appearing in caption upon the screen whenever someone spoke.

Somehow it all seemed familiar to him, in a way the old films especially the black and white and those without audible speech were the most appealing to him. They sort of, they were slower then future generations of camera work and vivid still, like his memories yet without color, their were times when it seemed he could not only hear but see the words spoken in his past that he yet relives in his mind til almost becoming lost to them.....

The old films simply seemed to speak to the drell, offering another way to lose himself even if for just a time and not always even that much. They offered a different reality then one he lived and regretted, remembered and could not forget. Taking another sip from his glass, he watched unable to yet fall asleep while finding comfort in the old leather chair still.

Thalia gave a simple nod of acknowledgement at Auleus' agreement of her terms and his plans for the next day. She was a little surprised and suspicious of the Specter easy agreement of her terms and giving none of his own. She frowned taking the data pad and putting in her
pocket, saying nothing more as he turned to leave. She simply crossed her arms as she watched him until he disappeared among the crowds like his titles namesake. When he was out of sight, she turned back to Charlotte and lowered her arms, she seemed to visibly relax and let her defences down infront of her bonds mate.

"I came here to get information from an informant and now I am leaving with you involved and the dubious help of a spectre. I dont like how easy the latter was. I dont like he is willing to just work as simply a consultant..." She than gave a self aware smirk and rubbed her forehead. "Ah, It been a long day and I don't like spectres in general, I admit I doubt at the moment he could have done anything I would like. I just hope this added complication to already complicated case is worth it."

She felt her omnitool vibrate. "Oh if this is another call to a crime scene than I have to break something." She said with a sigh showing how tired she was as she lifted her omnitool and checked the message recieved. Looks Kifo got tired of waiting for her and sent her the data. It was a pity, she liked Kifo as he had an honest manner that would be refreshing right about now. Still she had a good potential dividend for a crappy day with Charlotte's presence. "My contact just sent me the details he had... I am not in the mood to look at it now. What are you up to? I know a promised a home cooked dinner but would you accept take out and vegetation on the couch for the rest of the night?" She asked hopefully.

DiamondJack DiamondJack Epiphany Epiphany

[div class=statusBox][div class=characterPortrait][/div][div class=statusText]
Syrra Elani
Tags:
ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki
Epiphany Epiphany
[/div][/div]Ultimately, Syrra wasn't impressed by the information that she was able to acquire from eavesdropping, or lack thereof. She was doubly disappointed when the Spectre addressed the asari as "Detective", as it meant she was C-Sec, and would undoubtedly intervene if she followed through with her fancy of trying to goad the Turian in to a fight. But it allow her the time to realize that fighting a Spectre without her combat gear probably wasn't the best of ideas, so he'd have to wait.

Once it was apparent that the trio were parting ways, Syrra decided to follow the Detective and the human with locks of gold since she suspected the Spectre was heading towards the Presidium. A place she'd rather avoid for time being. Since keeping track of the blonde made it relatively easy to follow the couple, she intermittently inserted what useful information she gleaned from their conversation into her omni-tool. Although she was maintaining a rough distance of a couple dozen meters, she wasn't concerned about being discreet.

[class=statusBox]box-sizing: padding: 15px; float: right; max-width: 250px; margin: 0px 15px 15px 0px;[/class] [class=statusText]font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:0.9em; margin-top: 5px;[/class] [class=portrait]box-shadow:0 0 0.5em #6a3131;max-width:250px;width:calc(100% - 2.5em);[/class] [class=characterPortrait]box-sizing: border-box; position: relative; border-radius: 20px; overflow: hidden;[/class] [class name=characterPortrait state=hover]opacity: 0.5[/class] [class name=characterPortrait state=click][/class]

Last edited:
~Osayo Koot~

Osayo was about to continue on her way home when she noticed a presence beside her. Turning her head, she saw an unusual sight, a Quarian in a bright blue and white suit. The colours caught her eye right away, as the very few Quarians she had seen had more muted coloured suits. This could just be because she had seen even less Quarians than Drells on the Citadel in her life, a testament to how uncommon they were around that area, so maybe it was her lack of experience with them rather than bright colours being a rarity among the species.

Studying the alien for a moment, she seemed anxious. While her expression was mostly hidden with exception to her glowing eyes behind the helmet, her body was giving her away. From the fidgeting feet to the swaying body to the crossed arms, even someone who wasn't trained to read these kind of things would likely notice. Of course, not everyone would be able to guess why but as a member of a race that wasn't very common on the Citadel and thus not very liked most of the time, it wasn't difficult to guess why for her.

"It's not open yet but it's safe to go in there when it is." Osayo spoke up, seeming to slightly startle the young girl. "The owner is a good guy and I doubt his employees will have a problem with you. So if you wanna go in and look at some puppies or whatever you wanna do, you should be fine." She assured her, sympathetic towards her situation, as she imagined the xenophobia she occasionally would face on the Citadel would be much worse for a younger Quarian who seemed fresh off the ship.

"That bar over there is also safe. I would know, because it's mine. My employees and I will treat you like we do everybody else, I can assure you of that. Can't speak for my customers, but if someone has a problem, we have security who will take care of it. In the unlikely scenario that they don't, I will." Osayo continued on, pointing to the Lost & Found. "As for the other places, I can't really say for sure but I hope that's at least helpful to you."

"In any case, keep that head up and good luck out there." Osayo gave her a quick pat on the back before continuing on her way back to the place she called home, feeling slightly disconsolate about the fact she couldn't have helped her anymore than that.

(Tags: Nobody)

---

Lula'Laam nar Honna

The 23 year old hadn't really known what to say throughout the conversation, not expecting to be spoken to, let alone be subjected to such kind advice from the stranger. She couldn't recall the last time she'd been spoken to like that during her time on the Citadel. "I, um, thank you! You too!" She called to the woman as she walked away from her, not really knowing what else she could've said. Nonetheless, she was pretty grateful for that, as it was rather difficult to tell what places would and wouldn't welcome her just by looking. Also because it would be rather embarrassing if she had tried to go inside the closed shop at the moment like she had almost done, regardless of species.

She wondered if she should go into the bar, as had been suggested to her, before deciding she would wait a bit. It was a bit early in her opinion and she wanted to see if the pet shop would open soon. If not, then she would go to the bar, she decided. On top of this, she wanted to quickly take some notes in the small sketch/notebook she had brought with her. Lula found it was easier to retain information when it was written by hand and liked to doodle what she saw around her on occasion. Sitting down on a bench, she took the little book out of her bag and began to write the observations she had made as well as the new information she had received from the female Drell so that she wouldn't forget it later.

While she remained nervous about going into both the bar and the shop, she felt slightly more at ease about it now. This didn't mean she would drop all precautions however, as that simply wasn't a safe thing to do, as she had learned near the beginning of her pilgrimage. It was especially important, as she didn't plan to buy anything due to a lack of credits and was simply hoping to look at pets for study, which could be mistaken for her attempting to steal. Another reason she wanted to go in there was simply because pets and animals were really cute and not allowed on Quarian ships, as they were a waste of supplies and a possible safety hazard, so she wanted to take advantage of the rare opportunity to see some up close. She wondered briefly if she'd be allowed to pet one... It would be through the glove of her suit but she imagined it would still be an enjoyable experience for both parties despite that. Lula chuckled quietly to herself, feeling delighted at just the idea of that.

(Tags: A lil vague CaptainSully CaptainSully but not really)

Frank Hastings

It had supposed to be a quiet night. A couple of drinks and then a quiet walk home to his waiting bed, ready to be up and ready for tomorrow. It hadn’t quite worked out that way however. I mean Frank had had every intention to keep his word, but fate had other ideas. A chance encounter with an old Alliance comrade of his had spiralled into numerous rounds being purchased, at word of yet more Alliance personnel on their way, Frank finally raised his hands declaring enough was enough. At this moment in time he still had his faculties in place, no double vision, and was still able to walk without stumbling into a bin or bystander, and he would very much like to keep it that way. Pulling his jacket around him he made his way out of the bar, weaving his way past patrons and staff. Entering the cool night air, he fumbled inside his pocket for a few seconds, eventually withdrawing a battered packet of cigarettes. He had been meaning to quit for years, and for about the 12th time now, he was down to what he described as his final packet. Flipping it open just a handful of them remained, he poked one out and clamped it between his lips as he sparked the lighter, shielding the flame with his left hand. He’d picked it up in the Marines, good stress relief, especially compared to scrapping with your squad mates. As the light of the cigarette briefly illuminated his face, he gazed out over the street. Relatively quiet now, well compared to the hustle and bustle of the wards during the day anyway, and it wasn’t quite chucking out time, so you avoided all the drunks wandering home. Combined with the cool stillness of the air, it was probably Frank’s favourite time of day. He began making his way down the street. The purple suit caught his attention, even with the variety of species that called the Citadel home, you still didn’t see too many Quarians about. The odd one of their… what did they call it, coming of age journey…. Pilgrimage? Yeah something like that. He inclined his head as he walked by.

“Evenin’ “

The nod of his head accompanied with a cheery grin. He still remembered his first time on the Citadel, absolutely bloody terrifying, made London seem like little more than a rural hamlet compared to the bustling metropolis of the Citadel. He paid the Quarian little more attention and was continuing on his way. That’s when he came across Syrra. His instincts were already screaming at him that something here was wrong. He’d already clocked her lurking about the Detective and the SA Reporter in the club, but hadn’t thought anything of it, to be honest he had been a tad too busy enjoying himself, beside it could just be chalked down to coincidence. However here she was again, mere metres away and this time omni tool in hand. It was about now that he wished he had refused that last shot. He was compos mentis, but he had enough alcohol in his system to not only slow his reactions, but in a worst case scenario to be a PR nightmare for C-Sec. He could just walk away mind you… but he just wasn’t that sort of guy, even though it would be a damn sight easier to do. Letting out a sigh. He accelerated slightly, slipping his hand into his jacket pocket and swinging out his Warrant Card and badge. As he came up behind the Asari he cleared his throat noisily, making his presence known as he raised his badge.

"Evenin' ma'am, you alright you seem a little lost. They friends of yours are you just tagging along?"

(Interaction BarakaisBae BarakaisBae (Lula'Laam) Fletchawk Fletchawk (Syrra) ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Epiphany Epiphany (In the vircinity)

nizXBuO.png
The Spectre was being accommodating. Why was the Spectre being so accommodating? Years of military experience had taught Charlotte that different command structures never worked well together. Years of reporting taught her there was another, deeper story at play here. And years of being married taught her to prioritize; it would all be there in the morning.

She let Thalia continue to take point in interacting with this Auleus and only gave a silent nod and a wave when the Turian bid them goodbye. Then she turned to her wife and smiled as the Asari's business face relaxed into something only she got to see. "It has been a long day," Charlotte said, agreeably. She slips an arm around her wife's waist and leans in against the other woman.

Charlotte watched Thalia check her omnitool before smiling again once the Asari's attention shifted back to her. The offer to not work was near-miraculous and therefore definitely worth doing. "Take out sounds great," she said before, reluctantly, adding "Think about how you want to play this whole...situation. And how you want me to fit in. I haven't been covering the Crucifix but it wouldn't take long to get up to speed...as long as that's not going to put you in a conflict of interest situation. You understand that, by involving me, the Spectre's basically opened this up to being reported on once the case is cracked, right? If that's going to be an issue, better for me to back out now when I don't know anything than later when I do."

She tugged them along the street then, bar forgotten, while she looked for a taxi to flag. After a couple of glances, Charlotte murmured "Friend of yours?" with the barest of nods in Syrra's distant direction. At which point...another C-Sec officer turned up. Now openly curious, the reporter still has an arm around her wife but is openly craning her neck to look back at what's going on.
ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki RayPurchase RayPurchase Fletchawk Fletchawk

Syrra Elani
Tags:
RayPurchase RayPurchase
Epiphany Epiphany
[/div][/div] Since her attention had been already diverted, and was definitely not being used to being addressed as "Ma'am", Syrra didn't immediately realize that the man was trying to get her attention. Given her late reaction, she barely caught the gleam of his badge before it was stowed away. Look back up towards the human's face, she could smell the alcohol on his breath.

"What? Lost? No, not really. Actually, I might've been lost in thought. Thinking isn't really my forte, so I've been known to drift," she said off-handedly, quickly setting her Omni-tool to standby as she checked to make sure the blonde beacon was still in sight, "Tagging along? Sure, we'll call that. Is there a reason you wanted to speak with me?"

Now that the C-Sec Officer had her full attention, she gave him a full look over, but found the only remarkable thing about him was that her neck didn't have to arch as much when matching his gaze. The man looked built enough that he might be able to spar, but she'd yet to meet a human that could actually match her in single combat, and they'd been sober. Had her superiors not chewed her out recently, she might've even blown him off.

Not bothering to hide her disinterest that was obviously painted on her face, she checked again to make sure her marks were still in sight. Seeing that the blonde one was now watching the watcher, she flashed the woman a quick grin before a strange smokey smell began to assault her senses. Trying to identify the source of the scent, she began to look around for a fire, but quickly came to realize that it was coming from from the Officer himself.

Ignoring any questions the man might've been asking; her curiosity finally got the better of her, and she leaned towards the man and sniffed noticeably, "Were you on fire recently?" she asked.

[class=statusBox]box-sizing: padding: 15px; float: right; max-width: 250px; margin: 0px 15px 15px 0px;[/class] [class=statusText]font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:0.9em; margin-top: 5px;[/class] [class=portrait]box-shadow:0 0 0.5em #6a3131;max-width:250px;width:calc(100% - 2.5em);[/class] [class=characterPortrait]box-sizing: border-box; position: relative; border-radius: 20px; overflow: hidden;[/class] [class name=characterPortrait state=hover]opacity: 0.5[/class] [class name=characterPortrait state=click][/class]

Last edited:
Thalia gave a warm tired smile at Charlotte's comforting arm around her waist and her frankly understatement about the day. She placed return hand around the blondes waist in turn when she was looking through the omnitool. There was nothing like the warmth comfort of a lover and Charlotte did it better than all others of Thalia long life. Thalia found it hard to remember the last they were tender like this or further even though it was likely not too long ago.

Than Charlotte had to speak of her own role in this investigation running a sweet mood. "if I had my way you would not touch this case with a ten foot pole and planets away from here. However you are involved now and I might as well make yourself useful. I can't deny you are a really good investigator. Just keep yourself safe please, that is all I ask. I don't want a repeat of the Nothara Group incident."She said after a sigh. She was referring to the time they were dating Charlotte's was investigating a crime groups headquarters and got caught and almost executed. It was by sheer luck Thalia was undercover in the group at the time to help her. She had to break her cover though and the Gang leaders went to ground.

The walked through the street and Thalia too felt the presence of somebody following them. Her free hand instinctively moving to her pistol just before Charlotte mentioned it. She tried to look subtly at the direction shown, seeing her fellow àsari and the human officer who approached her. "Sort of seen her before but don't know personally the other though, yeah. Worked with him a couple times, good potential that kid but why they are following us, I don't know."She tugged Charlotte a bit as a taxi came to get her to refocus on leaving.," Frankly I don't care at the moment, we are just going home. I will deal with them tomorrow."

~Osayo Koot~

Osayo was only at her apartment for a short time, enjoying her time alone with a bowl of cereal, some comfortable sleepwear, a soft bed, and some positive memories when she got a call from Emilia. With a heavy sigh, she reluctantly accepted.

"Osayo? Sorry to bug you. But like, I'm just wondering why there's so much, um, C-Sec and shady-dude-in-general activity lately. Do you know?" The Drell listened respectfully to her employee, becoming less irritated as Emilia expressed her concern, sounding fairly worried about the situation.

"Not specifically, but I imagine it may have something to do with that serial killer on the loose at the moment. Is there anything particularly troubling going on over there?" She questioned, throwing the covers off of herself and already getting ready to head back to the bar. If it was something, she definitely needed to be there but even if it was nothing, she should still investigate, she reasoned to herself. Besides, she'd much rather be at the Lost & Found than anywhere else.

"Well, not really... There's an Asari being questioned close by but they're outside. But, um, I'm kind of nervous, Osayo..." The human's voice went from worried to feeble, as if she were afraid to admit this to her boss. This was understandable though, as she had been relaxing earlier and it would be assumed that it must be annoying for most to have to leave to deal with such a minor thing like this.

"Alright, I'll be there in a bit then and I'll stay with you till your shift's over. I'm sure everything is fine, but I don't want you to feel unsafe." She said, putting her heels back on. "Your customers will smell that coming off of you and won't give you as many tips so it's best we get take care of that right away." Osayo joked, earning a quiet giggle from the other bartender. Saying a quick goodbye, she began to make her way back over to the bar.

(Tags: Nobody)

---

Lula'Laam nar Honna

Lula was surprised yet again to be spoken to, looking up from her notepad upon hearing a voice. The voice had an accent that immediately reminded her of some human films she had seen before, with slight differences. She believed humans referred to it as a "British" accent? Whatever that meant, not like many humans were lining up to explain their culture or anything to her, even if she wished they would. Upon looking up, it was indeed a human who had spoken, which was not a surprise but she didn't expect him to smile at her. It's a friendly, normal gesture but it meant a lot to her as someone who had been treated unfairly for a majority of their stay on the Citadel. Two people showing her some decency was a rare sight to behold and she couldn't help but feel happiness bubbling in her chest. It wasn't much, but it was enough to brighten her day. "Good evening!" She called back, her voice joyful enough to more than make up for her lack of facial expression.

It was kind of disappointing that both of her friendly encounters seemed quick to walk away from her, as while they made her feel all around better. it reminded her of how lonely she felt as soon as they left. It was kind of pathetic in a way, how much power social interaction and her longing for it had. It wasn't easy making friends and she knew she probably shouldn't make any since she would be leaving at some point, but she couldn't help but want some companionship. She couldn't help feeling homesick and had thought about just grabbing something mediocre and returning, but she knew she couldn't just bring back food or crappy ship parts like most did on their pilgrimage. No, Lula needed to prove she was useful. She wasn't going to be a burden on her new ship like she had been on her first.

She watched him as he moved away, studying how he walked and watching as he lit himself a... What were those things called again? Ciga-somethings? In any case, those would certainly never fly on a Quarian ship, as both a moderate fire hazard and a severe health hazard. Just looking at the smoke made her feel ill at the thought of how her body would react if she even inhaled the smoke at all, let alone used one herself. Though, she had to admit, old movies featuring smokers made them look kind of cool.

Being the curious type, Lula continued to watch as the tall man approached an Asari a fair bit away from her. At first, she assumed they must know each other before she saw the gleam of something in his hand and her heart skipped a beat. He worked with C-Sec. Her anxiety reappeared as she remembered being warned about speaking to anyone from C-Sec, as they tended to be not very big fans of Quarians and wouldn't mind looking for an excuse to kick her off the Citadel. But then she also remembered that he had walked by her and even greeted her in a friendly manner, so it was possible that maybe he wasn't like them and was actually fair? Or maybe this Asari was of a higher priority and he planned to come back to her once she was dealt with? It was hard to say for sure.

After sitting frozen on the bench for a few heartbeats, she decided to see if she could listen into the conversation and figure out for herself if she should be concerned about the human or not. Probably not the best idea, but she had always been overly nosey and knew very well it would likely be the end of her. Putting her book away, she got up and began to walk in their direction, attempting to appear as though she was just casually strolling by and hoping she didn't stick out like a sore thumb.

(Tags: RayPurchase RayPurchase & Fletchawk Fletchawk )

Frank Hastings

The cigarette was still smoldering on the floor a few feet away, where he had dropped it after he had accelerated towards the Asari. His eyes flicked to the omni-tool on her wrist as she leaned in, disconcertingly close in fact, the sniffing didn't exactly make him fell at ease either. Nothing immediately of note on there, but he was happy to see the Detective and her companion already hailing a cab. Best case scenario this Asari was just lost, if she was actually stalking C-Sec officers, there could be a much more insidious reason. The thought momentarily flickered across Frank's mind that he was about to be left behind with said Asari, but he quickly banished such thought, best not dwell on such things. He looked over the Asari. First thing that hit him was her size. From his encounters with him they were pretty delicate looking things, like a Salarian, but the looks were deceiving, especially with their bionic capabilities. This one though had some heft to her, one to be careful with.

"Yeah a habit I've been meaning to kick. You got any form of ID on you?"

He didn't notice the Quarian approaching once more, his focus fully on the Asari.

Syrra Elani
Tags:
RayPurchase RayPurchase
Epiphany Epiphany
BarakaisBae BarakaisBae
[/div][/div]Annoyed that the C-Sec Officer was less than forthcoming as to why he stopped her, and bit confused by why being on fire would be considered a habit, her curiosity morphed into mild irritation. As she started to weigh whether or not breaking the man's face was worth it, Syrra reminded herself that she had no personal reason to find the Crucifix other than perhap test the killer's strength. Taking this into consideration, she decided that roughing up the C-Sec Officer was more trouble than it was worth, and to try and catch up to the two she'd been following since she was done adding the previous conversation to her omni-tool.

Having decided to not be cooperative, "I do. Although I'm a bit busy to be sharing it with drunks, so why don't you totter off before you find yourself in trouble, little man. And now if you'll excuse me, I have some people to tag along with," she said, moving away from the man, and towards the couple she'd been following.

Her wide strides made covering the distance that had been between them quick, but the human C-Sec had delayed her enough for the effort to be futile as she watched them board a shuttle cab, and off to some undisclosed location. Although she tried to keep the shuttle in sight, it only remained visible for a few seconds before it and its passengers were gone. While now a bit vexed, Syrra knew she wasn't completely empty-handed, as she still the information she collected on her omni-tool, but she'd wait until she got back to the Eclipse barrack before scrutinizing it. Until then, the rest of the evening was hers. At least she hoped it would stay that way.

Last edited:
The projector was still running and leaving old black and white films to appear upon the wall for what was a unknown amount of time, several hours possibly or perhaps less.... Body beginning to stir from the chair, eyes fluttering to a open as his head struggled to raise from a lowered, chin to chest kind of position while a pain ran through his neck from the awkward state he feel asleep. The light from the projector flashing upon the wall and shifting through scenes, proving a tad too bright for the drell so early into his awakening and as he groaned and stirred ever more from the chair, hands used to push himself up to a stand. While his eyes drifted toward the table, feet dragging along the floor til he reached his little version of a home bar and began to pour another drink, not caring for the hour it was or what it may say about him. Truthfully he hadn’t a clue of what time it was just yet, it still seemed dark out, then again he usually kept his curtains shut especially when using the projector to watch old films.

Taking a drink from his glass and lazily shifting his tired eyes toward the clock while noting the time and heavily sighing with released exhale of breath. Walking toward the washroom and beginning his routine of cleaning up, moving to his room and grabbing his clothes for the day and chosen jacket he’d wear. After sometime the man completed his routine and stepped out from the back room wearing black pants, black unbuttoned at the top shirt and a black leather, form fitting jacket with red trim and high collar though the lower half of his sleeves were kept just loose enough that it allowed movement and storing of certain items, complete with his well-maintained but old black boots. Walking toward the counter where his glass had been left, Kifo took a shot and finished his drink before setting it back down and heading out for the day.

Of course, the drell took no chances with his personal security and thus completed a series of checks as he locked up the place. Even if considered a dump for a building, half destroyed and half rebuilt, lower wards and all it was still where Kifo chose to stay and where he’d ensure was kept secure.

Completing his security checks and securing his little apartment. The drell stepped out from the shadow and into the hall light that flashed off and on due to some malfunction, moving down the steps and once again electing for the stairs, Kifo made his way for the streets while taking out and putting on his dark shades. Of course, while appearing unarmed the man was still carrying a few weapons upon his person, however there were enough people in the lower wards that seemed to not press him nor try a simple pick-pocket. Allowing him to roam the streets with little trouble so far while he continued on toward main stream of activity.

Syrra Elani
Tags:
Mentions:
Epiphany Epiphany
DiamondJack DiamondJack
[/div][/div]Tumbling ass over tit across the floor of an Eclipse storage bay wasn't exactly what Syrra how imagined starting her morning, but despite the fact that her nose was undoubtedly broken after catching a biotic punch to the face, she was rather enjoying herself. By picking a fight with the salarian and his mech, she'd unwittingly disturbed the pecking order among the local Eclipse. This included a rather egotistical asari commando.

"Do you see the truth now? As brutish as you are, you're still no match for a huntress!" she taunted, her barrier glistening atop her yellow and black armor with an indigo film.

Her opponent's words were largely wasted on Syrra, as it wasn't the first time she'd been mocked for her unorthodox fighting style. But the fight wasn't about finding out who's training was better; no, it was about someone beating down another in order to show dominance. That became apparent when her opponent was wearing combat armor, and Syrra in little more than her sleepwear. Still, while this wasn't a life or death battle, the armor meant that she'd have to put some thought into her attacks.

Since the other asari had decided to showboat instead of finishing the fight, Syrra got a moment to recover her senses. Rising back to her feet, she activated her own barrier, for protection against oncoming biotic attacks now that her opponent introduced it to the fight. Her Charge closed the distance between them in nearly an instant, although the asari's barrier dissipated most of the force. Having anticipated the maneuver, the asari was already on the attack, looking to keep what little space she had by trying to kick Syrra away. Pushing into and taking the hit definitely hurt, but it allowed Syrra to grab the asari's foot with both hands and snapped it in one fluid motion. After feeling the bone crunch in her hands, she let go and gave the asari a very similar kick in return, sending her sprawling across the floor. Despite the broken ankle, the huntress still tried to Lash out with a counterattack after scrambling into a crouched position. Syrra tanked the attack with her own barrier, causing it to flare fiercely before she unleashed a vicious kick to the asari's exposed face. This time, her opponent's barrier blinked out of existence, and remained still on the floor.

* * *​

The medi-gel that had been applied to the abrasion on the bridge of her nose itched. It was far from her first experience with the stuff, but it she never got used to the tingling sensation that annoyed her so. It wasn't enough to put a damper on her mood though, even if she had been standing in line to speak with a C-Sec receptionist for the last twenty minutes. Since she didn't have name for the Spectre, and wasn't inclined to try and go through Presidium security just to pop her head into random offices of Special Tactics and Reconnaissance agents. At least, not when there are other options. Like the Detective, whose wife was an easily identifiable public figure.

When her turn came around, the receptionist greeted her with a cheery voice, which didn't match up with his stoic face, "Hello! Welcome to Citadel Security. Are you perhaps here to report a domestic dispute?"

"Hi. Uh, no actually. I'm here to get in contact with a detective working the Crucifix murders. Asari, hard-ass, married to the blonde Alliance reporter, Charlotte Ambrose, and possibly working with a Spectre. Ring any bells?" Syrra queried.

"Umm..." the receptionist seemed at a loss of words for moment before diligently typing away at her console, and finally answering in an unsure tone, "I think you might be referring to Detective T'Lock, but I'm not sure about her working with a Spectre. I can let her know you're here though, although I can't guarantee she'll see you if it's not an emergency. Log into the visitor's system with your omni-tool, and I'll pass along your details. Make your way to the waiting area, and the system will let you know the status of your request."

"Sure thing. I'll try not to cause a ruckus while I wait."

Thalia was behind her desk working through her paperwork regarding last night murder. Despite sweet couple of hours with Caroline and comfortable nights sleep in each others arms, it was all too short compared to the effort before it. Thalia was still tired wishing to death she hadn't had to get out of bed and come into work. However the golden rule said the first 24hour of a case was crucial and she needed to get several things going in the hope any shred of evidence in the crime scene was recovered and worked on.

She was filling out some forms when the receptionist called regarding an asari visitor mentioning a specter and Charlotte. Thalia groaned, it looked like her asari spy wasnt waiting to be approached instead coming to her. Usually this was a good thing as it saved time but Thalia was not in the mood to play games of wil. Still it is now or never, she drank down some coffee before telling the secretary to let Syrra up.

She took a deep breath, straightened up on her chair and put on her best hard ass look as she pretended to read through some datapads. "Yes, what is it?" She said bluntly when Syrra entered.

sully.png
name.png

Tags: Open

It had been hours since he had woken from his nightmare, having since opened his shop. He was working alone that day, his trusty Salarian assistant given a day off due to a surprise family visit. Anyone else and Robert likely wouldn't have believed them but JT had proven himself trustworthy, to the point that he would often let the Salarian lock up. Within the shop several people perused the wide array of animals, mostly focussing on the multitude of fish species. One patron let out an audibly loud grunt as they reached the empty Turian Glowfish tank. Robert rolled his eyes as he recognised the man, someone who regularly walked in to look at the animals but never bought one. If he was in the business to make money he'd turf him out but ultimately he just wanted to keep himself busy in between his extra jobs.

"Excuse me sir, do you have any optrex pups?" A short asari enquired rather politely, her young features hiding the fact she was likely older than Robert. "Yeah sure. Follow me." Robert took the young lady towards the mammalian section of the store and gestured towards a fairly large viewing window. Behind it were a litter of optrex joyfully playing in their enclosure. "OH MY GOD THEY ARE SO CUTE!" The asari called out, her voice loud enough that the pups could hear it through the glass. They craned their heads, looking up at her with wide open eyes, standing up on their hind legs with their front paws hanging loose. Dammit she is right...they are cute...

The asari turned and took hold of Roberts shirt in both hands, "I must have one of them! Please!" Robert raised an eyebrow and slowly pushed the asari away with his right arm, her grip loosening with every inch. She realised her faux pas and quickly took a step back, hanging her head down into her chest. "I am so sorry. I...I just get so excited." Robert laughed, she was certainly quirky to say the least.

"They are fifteen thousand credits each." Robert could hear the asari gasp at the figure, slowly raising her head at the news. Her excitement had made way for sheer sadness, it was clear she didn't have enough. She tried to speak but couldn't get her words out, stuck in her throat as her lips quivered. "Hey come on...don't cry." He reached out and placed a hand on her shoulder. "How about I give you the trade price? That is if you don't tell anyone I'm being that kind." Robert winked cheekily at the asari who wiped at her eyes before tears could run down her cheek. The smile soon returned and she threw her arms around the humans neck.

"Oh thank you so much! I promise I won't tell a soul!" What followed was a sound that only an excited female could make, piercing the ears of anyone in range to hear it. "Come on then lets go get things sorted for you." For the next ten minutes Robert and the Asari concluded the purchase and soon enough, she was skipping excitedly out of the store with her new furry friend. Robert watched her leave with a smile on his face, wondering how his own younger years could have been if he had a different upbringing.

~Osayo Koot~

Eventually, the Drell made her way back to her bar and was greeted by her still a slightly nervous bartender. She wore a semi-formal, professional outfit consisting of a form-fitting white shirt, leather jacket, and high-waisted black pants. While at the beginning of her career, Osayo often opted for more 'sexy' outfits in the hopes of getting more tips, she quickly realized no one was going to take her seriously if she had her breasts and midriff showing all the time. Besides, not many on the Citadel found Drell attractive anyway. "Sorry again, Ms. Koot, I know this is probably a big inconvenience for you." The woman apologized to her again, but Osayo waved her hand, dismissing the apology.

"It's fine, really. We've all been there and it's better to have two bartenders working anyway." She assured her, getting behind the bar to stand at one end of the bar while Emilia stood at the other side. "Also, please don't call me 'Ms. Koot'. That just makes me sound like a grouchy old lady. Osayo works just fine." She joked playfully, picking up a glass and polishing it, as appearing busy tended to draw in patrons better than just standing around doing nothing.

"Yes, M-Osayo." Emilia quickly corrected herself and got back to work quickly. Osayo was personally not too concerned about what had been apparently happening outside at that time, as it was outside and she was sure it had been cleared up by now. Right now, she was just gonna do her job and hope no more trouble popped up.

(Interactions: Open!)

---

Lula'Laam nar Honna

Lula still wasn't sure if the officer was safe to be around from her eavesdropping alone, but these thoughts of suspicion and fear were lost on her when she heard a loud shriek from the pet shop, which made her jump a little. Turning around and walking cautiously back towards the shop, she was expecting to see some sort of crime scene. However, instead, an Asari soon walked out with a... What was that thing? Whatever it was, it was adorable and she couldn't help but smile to herself watching them walk by. Having a pet must be nice, what a shame the Fleet would never approve of even a hamster, let alone whatever it was the Asari carried in her arms, being on a ship. She wondered briefly what she would get if she were allowed a pet as she once again found herself standing outside the now open shop.

Just as she was about to go inside the shop, her fear once again crept up on her and reminded her of reality. She was a Quarian going into a pet shop with a large bag with no plans of buying anything. She had been accused of stealing before, even without the bag and when actually buying something, and she worried it would happen again. Lula considered leaving her bag on the bench outside, but feared it, along with her belongings, might be taken if she left it unattended. Maybe she should just buy something small and that would be enough so long as she didn't lurk around for too long? Hopefully, there'd be something cheap in there, as money was getting tight and she was fairly certain she would soon no longer be able to afford a hotel room if she didn't find a way of making money soon.

With a plan formed in her mind, she anxiously entered the store with her head held low, avoiding eye contact with the other people in the shop, clutching the strap of her bag. She finally looked up to look for a worker to talk to. It wasn't long before she spotted a human male who appeared to be employed there. With a deep breath, she willed herself to approach him. "I-I, um, hello. Do you work here? I was just wondering where I could, um, put my bag? I know how some of you feel about a bag like this, a person like me, and a person like me with a bag like this in a store and I just want to-" Lula shook her head, frustrated at how she sounded like a scared child at that moment and the fact she was over-explaining this. No wonder no one took her seriously. At the very least, she could stop herself from rambling.

"Sorry. I know I sound crazy right now. I'm not used to talking to people not from my ship yet so forgive me." She confessed to the stranger. "I just have had some unpleasant experiences and I just don't want them to happen again is all. I'm not trying to be difficult, I swear. The opposite actually. Ugh, Keelah, I shouldn't have come here..." Lula muttered the last sentence to herself, placing a hand on her mask in embarrassment, as she continued to make the situation more awkward and uncomfortable for herself. "I just want to put my bag somewhere safe so that no one has to worry." She concluded.

(Interactions: CaptainSully CaptainSully )

sully.png
name.png

Tags: BarakaisBae BarakaisBae

From one patron to the next, the excited and giddy Asari had been replaced with an extremely nervous Quarian. Her sentences were broken and muddled as she stumbled through her words, clearly uncomfortable with the situation. Being the person he was, Rob stood up straight and presented a welcoming smile. He allowed her to finish, her final request seeming somewhat strange to him. Anyone asking to leave a bag anywhere was always suspicious, particularly with her nervousness. That said, even if her face was mostly obscured by her helmet, he got a sense that she was genuine. Most likely recently starting her pilgrimage he thought, an experience he understood after his own foray into the Galaxy on his own.

"Hey...there's no need to be nervous. The name's Robert Cadogan but you can call me Rob. It's a pleasure to meet you." Robert reached his hand out to offer a handshake, if she was even aware of the customary human greeting. "I'm sorry you've had some bad experiences, on what I assume is your pilgrimage? You don't need to worry too much around here, most people are too busy worrying about their own problems to give anyone else a second glance. Besides, it's one of the nicer corners of the Citadel."

"So what brings you in here? Aside from your bag of course." Rob reached out with both hands, gesturing to take her bag. "Looking for a furry companion? Looking for work? Or just looking for someone to talk to? I can help you on all three counts if you're interested."

Kifo Tiat
The first morning objective was to revisit this crime scene... The latest one anyways. He saw it once before however just in case, he felt a need to revisit and try looking at it from another point of view. First, he saw it from the eyes and mind of a killer, it was easy enough being of the same profession or similar actually. The motives differed, killing for credits of the job met his standards was different then killing for justice, vigilante style. Both though were methodical but one held a meaning for each kill and staging, the other to complete a job. While he tried looking at it from the right frame of mind, he felt something not clicking just right, it was nagging at the back of his mind...

Kifo has spent nearly an hour retracing the crime scene and looking around for each vantage point, each exit and entry, every door and speck he could possibly find. A Krogan from the blood pack was quite the trophy, it made him wonder how such a fight never drew any attention? If their wasn’t a fight and simply a kill then how could one be so quick, clean and methodical with a Krogan without gaining their notice and thus turning into a fight? Every angle he broached the idea brought only more questions, unless.......

The thought was seduction with perhaps a added measure of slipping them a drug, would have to be quite potent however for a Krogan and a good size dose. All of which could be traced back in the tox screens right? The coroner surely would find something which then ideally could provide a lead for the detectives, a clue, a trace leading them back to the killer. But if the crucifix was truly as good as Kifo and others believed then surely their was a counter in place to remove any such lead. If any of this theory proved correct, the odds are it was a new drug, perhaps thought untraceable so far.... maybe even unknown to the C-Sec and coroners office. What were the odds of that being the case? Likely just a wandering mind focused on details that weren’t there. But taking down a Krogan like they did was truly impressive and yet hard to believe without something.

Something Kifo couldn’t quite ignore or pinpoint himself with any accuracy and facts. All theory up to this point. Walking through the streets and blending into the crowd, Kifo made his way toward the bar deciding to grab another drink from Osayo’s place. After all, business was quiet this morning and he could use a good, strong drink to start his day.... Or rather continue it. Arriving at the alley and slipping through a few chatting turians and a salarian, Kifo reached for the door and pushed forward, looking up toward the bar and around pondering if he should select the same slot as last night or a new seat.

The drells eyes gazing til brought around to Osayo and Emilia behind the bar. A fair smile offered in greeting while approaching the bar and beginning to remove his shades.
“Morning Osayo,” Kifo spoke and looked toward Emilia. “Charmed Miss...?” Kifo opened moving his shades into his inner pocket.

BarakaisBae BarakaisBae

~Osayo Koot~

"So like, why can't we serve Turians the same thing as humans again? Does something happen?" Emilia asked curiously while mixing a drink for her current patron. Osayo shook her head with a snicker. Did she really just ask that?

"Well, either nothing happens but they don't get much out of the drink or they get a severe allergic reaction that might be fatal. I'd say that's significant enough to be careful of what we're serving to certain people." Osayo explained, chuckling as the new bartender's eyes widened. "I'm surprised you weren't already aware of this already."

"I was kinda sheltered as a kid. My parents didn't let me out of their sight most of the time." Emilia admitted with a shrug, putting the finished drink down and serving it

Osayo let out a sigh and frowned. "You're lucky then." She said vaguely, not elaborating further than that. A smile quickly returned to her lips when she caught sight of Kifo as he approached the bar. "Ah, didn't think I'd see you back here so quickly. Miss me already?" She teased affectionately, leaning her hip against the bar. "This young lady over here is Emilia, the latest addition and the baby of my staff. I was just talking to her about how not to kill patrons accidentally." Emilia rolled her eyes in response to this description.

"So, going to assume you'd like something to drink then. What'll it be this time?" Osayo questioned, straightening her posture and prepared to listen to his order. "Need a suggestion?"

(Interactions: The Silent Z The Silent Z )

---

Lula'Laam nar Honna

Lula felt relief wash over her body as the man known as Rob remained friendly with her, even extending his hand, which she knew was a good sign from all the vids she'd seen. "Lula'Laam nar Honna, but just Lula's fine. I know the whole thing can be a mouthful for you guys." She joked, feeling slightly more at ease but still a little nervous. The Quarian found it a bit difficult to give the man a handshake, as she had two fewer fingers to work with, but she was able to properly, albeit awkwardly, shake his hand. She wondered how tight her grip was supposed to be or how fast she should've shaken it but put that aside for now.

"Yeah, you're right, I'm on my pilgrimage." Lula nodded, letting her hand fall back to her side. "I haven't had the best experience during my trip admittedly, but it's nice to know at least this corner of the Citadel is safe for me. Maybe my luck is finally turning around." She stated with a slight shrug of her shoulders.

"Oh, thanks." She said, giving her bag and her trust over to him. "Well, I was mostly planning to just take a look at the animals in here because we aren't allowed pets on any Quarian ship and I wanted to take advantage of the opportunity. I wish I could have- Wait," She paused mid-explanation, her glowing white eyes visibly widening behind the mask. "Did you just say work? Like-Like a job?" She repeated, sounding absolutely baffled. "I-I mean if there's a position available, I would love the opportunity to work here!" Lula said, her confusion turning into somewhat bewildered delight. "Would I need a resume or would I need to go to an interview or..? Sorry, I'm kind of new to literally everything." She apologized once again, trying to calm her excitement in case he took back the offer but proving to be unsuccessful.

(Interactions: CaptainSully CaptainSully )

Syrra Elani
Tags:
Mentions:

[/div][/div]It wasn't long before the system alerted her that T'Lock had made herself available. However, instead coming out to meet her out in a lobby area, she was directed to go to the Detective's office. After passing through another security checkpoint, this one a bit more thorough than the last, she found herself in main processing area. Those that weren't in a C-Sec uniform were usually restrained in one way or another. Given that most of those being processed looked relatively pedestrian compared to her light Illium attire, she decide it would best to not dally. With assistance from the visitor's system, she found T'Lock's office, and was greeted curtly.

"Wow, not even an introduction. How rude. I will definitely be filing a complaint when I leave," she said coolly before letting loose a quick smirk to show that she was mostly joking, "As for what I want, well, you're the detective. I'm sure you have a few ideas, so let's see if you're as good as they say. Not that anyone actually said that, so no pressure."

Syrra was very aware that she was being a bit difficult as she closed the door behind her. Since her abdomen was still sore from her morning workout, she settled on leaning against some of unused wall space.

Thalia continued to look at her screen trying hard to not appear irked by the asari's presence. "You asked for in person didn't you and my name is outside the door you just came in. It is you who needs to do introduction if anything." She said casually, making some random notes on a data pad nearby. She looked up at Syrra briefly seeing what she could infer from the Syrra appearance. In some ways Syrra reminded her of herself a few years ago in her criminal day, cocky and out to cause trouble. She noted Syrra Illium attire and muscled frame of a close ranged fighter. She figured Syrra was one of two things a mercenary or a criminal.

She looked back down to her screen. Best way to deal with her like was to play in her game. Syrra followed her last night, that Thalia knew, likely saw the meeting with the specter. Syrra likely had an interest in her case and was looking for away in. "I don't have time for your games, miss. I am very busy at the moment. Unless you have information on a crime I am investigating or been a victim of one please stop wasting my time." She said dryly and dismissively. "This is a law enforcement office not Eternity."

Fletchawk Fletchawk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back