• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Mass Effect: Tales from the Citadel

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
The room filled with another figure entering the bar bringing two dark orbs reminiscent of black orbs shifting their gaze toward the new face, light seemingly dancing in their reflection as his eyes moved and lids blinked halfway. Kifo out of habit took note of his presence and appearance noting the black jacket, leather with a look of worn as the figure stepped to the bar and looked about proceeding to drum at the bar. Meanwhile Kifo drifted himself gaze briefly toward the trio of Charlotte and Thalia with the Turian spectre, it was all within mere moments he glanced around the room and made his calculations of time and staying ahead of bringing himself back up to speed. It was a habit hard to break in his line of work least if you took mental notes as he did.

It was bringing his dark orbs toward Osayo again even though his gaze drifted only for a few seconds at most. Odd how a simple breaking of the ice could help still your hesitations, doubts and uncomfortable showing of vulnerability... It wasn’t a proud nor acceptable trait for Kifo, especially when you’re meant to retain a certain image and reputation. But now while still adapting to this feeling, this new scenario that hadn’t entered his thoughts til it unfolded before his own eyes and in living, waking reality. Even as the figure with the dog, a human with dark hair and beard to match sat near and seemed intent on remaining close...

Ye, it was becoming clear now.... ‘The fallen gaze of eyes meeting each other’s at one single moment, immediate reaction, vulnerability cracking the armor of the physical, averted gaze and given pause for one and quick change to something else to occupy for the other. Seemingly friendly history, a foreign presences causing a disturbance from the likely usual.... I approached the bar, still suspicious, he’s likely not leaving, protection perhaps? Yes. It would be the likely intention... it would be the right move under ordinary circumstances in such a scene.’ The drell faded into his minds quick assessment in his head, now eying the man briefly before nodding as his eyes move down back toward Osayo.

Now certainty lay in his mind that a gun was upon the man but kept out of view, if it were Kifo his hand would already be tracing the handle slowly moving it’s way toward the trigger. Yes, perhaps that wasn’t the case or perhaps it was.....

But it wasn’t Kifo's intention of causing Osayo harm not intentionally anyways, not that a man who didn’t know him could have known. Now watching Osayo prepare his drink noting her movements being slower then one would have thought, while her response and nod to him had been like his own.... brief pauses, a momentary silence between words. He was causing her a inner struggle, making things difficult..... his lips offered a brief smile, a genuine smile yet a frown existed on the inside. Even though he always wondered why she never.... even despite it all, there was still the same care, the same feelings for Osayo....

He’d never caused her harm whether physical or otherwise, he couldn’t not after all they’d been through and how much she had done for him over the course of their youth and training. She was his closest friend, a cherished memory, the only real relationship he’s had in his life. Watching her struggle cause of his presence was difficult, but hearing her voice again was a sweet sound to his ears, seeing her again was like being lost in his memories once again.... a decade apart and still she looked the same, unchanging with age and even if his memory were not drell he’d never forget. The reality of his own struggle, the pain of not knowing or understanding why, the wonder and loss of his friend.... He was one who’d rather bare the pain then see it possibly weigh on Osayos heart and mind.

However soon relief was felt washing over him, hearing her giggle at his explanation had brought a smile again to his face. Placing his hand around the glass and looking toward the common choice of liquid that called to his lips, he raised his glass and took a nice swig before gently placing the glass upon the bar. Looking up into Osayos eyes with a soft chuckle in reactions to her words.
“I suppose that moment wasn’t my smoothest.. huh? It would have been a failing.....” Kifo paused figuring Osayo would have kept her past a secret or else this bar would have a different sort of atmosphere, not to mention he recalled Osayo wanting out of that life and wouldn’t bring it with her into a new one. He noted out of the corner of his eye the man next to him and knew a change of phrase to replace what he would have said was necessary. “ A failing grade back in school. The theatre wasn’t meant for those who broke character so easily.... it was never my favorite class.” the drell spoke though it crossed his mind too late that his substitute may not have been the first choice Osayo would have selected. Did he just open a new line of curiosity for her to answer for later?

Bringing him back from his thought Kifo kept a smile and lowered his head slightly. She spoke the very words he needed to hear and he wasn’t about to show how they effected him after breaking earlier, he could feel a heavy swallow leave his throat and eyes softening a bit leading him to needing a moment to compose himself. He wasn’t sure if now was the time to share that he was possibly the reason for the spectre to try and probe her for information but still hearing that she was glad to see him never mind the reason he was there brought a full smile to his face as now looked back up toward the other drell.
“I’m happy to hear..... I’m happy to hear you say that Osayo.” Kifo began to reply fighting back the lump he was starting to feel. “It’s been perhaps too long... but while a decade apart has gone by us your one never forgotten....” Kifo continued with a pause and clearing of his throat. He was cracking again... it was a feeling truly against his nature but the feeling was overwhelming his control and usual calm composed manner. “Then again.... we're drell so I couldn’t anyway.” He ended intending it as a joke to break the direction his words were taking but whether it worked or not wasn’t for him to say.

He looked toward his credit chit and then toward Osayo with a grin. It should have crossed his mind that she’d refuse his credits but then again he would have still made the attempt.
“I do and I know. But you know that I never leave a debt unpaid....” Kifo spoke the weight of that sentence carried more then one could expect. While his tone didn’t quite match her playful one he tried still with his own lighter attempt of tone. “Well, it was worth the shot... huh? Thought I could slip one by you. Thanks Osayo” He nodded with a smile and sincere look while raising his glass in silent toast before taking a drink. “Please... Don’t do that to yourself Sayo... You have accomplished that dream you once had and I’m happy for you. Don’t let our past weigh on your mind nor heart, it may remain in our memories but doesn’t have to play it’s reel.” Kifo softly spoke in reply “Time should heal never linger.... live and remember for they are never forgotten, for still they remain in our hearts but do not want us to feel that pain forever.” He came to recall a quote in his mind but didn’t share just simply kept to himself. It was one that helped in once upon a time.

Looking down towards his drink and letting the moment sink in, still a bit hard to believe he was once more in the same room as Osayo. The drell raised his glass for another drink choosing to savor his drink instead of chase it down only for another to follow shortly after and repeating the cycle. Now looking toward Osayo upon hearing her begin to speak and his glass lowered, listening intently feeling a warmness coming to his face while gentle was his eyes as they met her own. Once more the drell was uncertain of what to say, rather surprised yet still aware enough to notice her rub the back of her head and neck where her frills were. Now he was certain the warm feeling reaching his face was not the drink and may just be a redness forming and coloring in his cheeks with a new shade to his blue and black features.
“I... I.... urhmm...” He fumbled out looking to move his glass towards his mouth and help cover his face. While noting the updated figuring of time upon glancing towards the trio of Spectre, Reporter and Detective while noting a new figure dropping some eaves nearby them. “If I will have you...” He repeated her words aiming to recompose himself while looking to her. “It’s not a question for me to answer. I think I’ve got time and for you I could always make it.” He added seeing the importance and eventual path of their reunion and catch up. It was the time for truly catching up and delving into the heavy of their conversation to which he nodded quietly. “Yes, of course, I.... we can make time for.... it would be nice to catch up. “ The Drell spoke stumbling a bit, realizing now he could perhaps get the answer to his long unanswered question.... yet part of him was hesitant to pry or even ask.

Tags: BarakaisBae BarakaisBae CaptainSully CaptainSully

Thalia did notice Charlotte use her Civ-Tool to scan the Specter. She tried hard to suppress a smile at her bondmates quick thinking, this one of the many things she loved about her. Still she kept a straight fade as she stepped closer to check the identification closely. She took her time, giving Charlotte CivTool time to work as the turian explained himself.

"Physical credential how quant. Like the old human movies my bondmate forces me to see."She said as examined the credentials."oh there not bad, not by a long shot. can be fun but being a cop you see all the mistakes... Anyways that is neither here of there. You know i was beat cop for a while, something that it teaches you is that physical or digital it can all be faked."She added though in truth she had no doubt the Specter was who he said he was. The story he gave her thought was another matter.

Thalia had no special ability for lie detection beyond checking the obvious signs. No detective really has despite what some would say. Good insticts though was another matter, something about the Specter story did not feel right like she was not given the whole story. "Say you are who you are and what you say is true. What do you have in mind for us? What do you want for us?"

sully.png
name.png

Tags: BarakaisBae BarakaisBae The Silent Z The Silent Z

The concern and worry Robert had was soon washed away by the way the two Drell spoke. If there was anything to worry about then Koot would never have asked this newcomer to talk in private. A smile crept across his face and he looked at the remainder of his drink. He raised his glass and tilted his head back slightly, the amber nectar disappearing in an instant. He stood up from his stool, an action that made Nyx rise to her feet. The dog hugged close to Roberts leg as the man placed his chair back under the bar. He looked at Osayo with a smile and spoke. "Cheers for the drink Koot. I'll give you guys some privacy." He glanced at the unamed Drell, a smile still on show. "Have a good evening mate." Robert patted him on the shoulder before making his way towards the exit of the bar.

In front of him he spotted the Turian from earlier who had now migrated to an Asari and human female. Of the pair it was the human he recognised, Charlotte Ambrose of ANN. He wasn't a fan of reporters, he found that they almost always had their own agenda and it was rare for them to ever give an unbiased report. The fact the Turian, a Spectre no less, was asking a reporter for help clearly showed that he had little knowledge about whatever it was he was looking for information on. With each step Robert tried to work out what he was there for, could it be that finally someone had been able to trace him? The thought made him snigger to himself...it wasn't that. As he moved past the group the word crucifix stood out to him. For the past few days he had heard people in his shop talk about crucifixes but he had paid them no thought. Instead of stopping to ask, he decided to do some research himself.

Approaching the exit he spotted an asari whose attempt to eavesdrop was poorly hidden although he didn't think it was through a lack of trying. She was big for an Asari and clearly stood out as someone who was capable of handling themselves if needed. He couldn't make out anything on her person that tied to her to C-Sec or any particular group, but if she wanted to listen to a Spectre trying to solve a criminal case, that was her choice.

Outside the building Robert stretched his arms out wide before heading back towards his shop. He tapped away at his omni-tool and began to look through all the references to crucifixes in news articles over the past week. I must have been living under a rock... he thought to himself. Pages upon pages of news reports were listed on his omni-tool, talking about someone going around dispatching some of the scum that polluted the Citadel. Robert considered his own activities and for a moment compared them to the man who was known as the Crucifix Killer. He had killed people as a result of what he had been doing since arriving on the Citadel, but that was only ever in self defence. This person was actively seeking out people and slaying them in quite a horrific way. He convinced himself that he was better that the killer, but morality is never simply black and white.

~Osayo Koot~

Osayo was grateful that Cadogan understood that she needed some privacy, appreciating the fact he had enough respect for her to go and let her have a conversation she desperately needed to have with an old friend. Those kinds of people were hard to find and she was thankful that the man was able to tolerate the shell she'd made for herself. She couldn't help but wonder if they shared that trait in common and if that was why he didn't push her as much as others would. Alas, he only shared things when especially drunk, so she may never know. In any case, he was good for her, they cared about each other, she needed to be around him more often, and she needed to try not to mess up her relationship with him. "Thanks a lot, Cadogan. Have a good night and I'll talk to you later, okay?" She attempted to express her gratitude in only a few brief words, turning to him as he began to walk away. "And hey! Make sure to tell me about those fish when they come in, I'm holding you to that!" She called to him. Osayo watched him leave the bar, making sure he got out safely, before bringing her attention once again to the other Drell.

"Theatre? Really?" Osayo couldn't help but snicker, shaking her head. "Glad to see you haven't changed too much." Her tone was affectionate as she walked to the left side of the bar counter, where she opened the counter door. It was true that the man hadn't changed much, or hadn't presented many changes to her thus far at least. The only noticeable difference was how flustered he was acting at the moment, but she couldn't really blame him. There was no standard reaction when it came to something as unique as the predicament they'd found themselves in.

"Come on, I'll take you to my office in the back. It's a little messy at the moment, paperwork bullshit I gotta go through, but it's private and we can talk about, well, everything." She explained, her black heels click-clacking as she walked back over to Kifo's side. "Plus, we can keep drinking our drinks in there. I don't know about you but I'm definitely gonna need one." She added, tapping the glass of her cocktail.

"Emilia! You're thirty minutes late!" Osayo scolded an apologetic human girl, one of the newer bartenders she'd hired. "And I want no 'buts'. Just be on time next time and make yourself lots of tips tonight so you can treat yourself later." Osayo was stern, but she was never rude to her staff, having been an employee of a less than pleasant owner more than once when she was saving money. She then grabbed Kifo's forearm. "Here, I'll show you the way, it's near where the bathrooms are. Follow me." Osayo instructed. "By the way, you look good. Time has been kind to you, I see." She complimented casually, slowly preparing for the heavy conversation they were probably going to have in her office.
(Tags: CaptainSully CaptainSully & The Silent Z The Silent Z )

The name was Cadogan as the drell would shortly learn from overhearing Osayo. He felt the pat on his shoulder from the man while being wished a good evening, Kifo looked toward him with a smile and nodded. “Ah, yes, I shall... Better evening to you as well.” The drell spoke in reply watching the man leave the bar. Meanwhile his eyes shifted back toward Osayo, bringing a chuckle forth and cracking his smile into a soft dancing grin. “Yes rather decent I thought... off the top of my head.” He spoke with a chuckle in explaining his choice. “Once I read a novel.... Not really my normal choice but the scenario required improvising, I looked over and saw a novel laying upon a near table. I picked it up and appeared to read it, ended up actually finishing the book later. But I recalled that humans had a class called drama.... theatre, drama interchangeable perhaps but I thought of theatre first. Really.... not a bad comparison sometimes.” Kifo added realizing he didn’t need to delve so far into a explanation though, talking did help keep his mind centered and nerves at least at bay allowing him a more comfortable presence and control over his emotions.

He lowered his head and smiled more hearing her affection about him not changing too much. “I’ve retained some thing’s... but it’s good to see you and I’d say from appearances that not much has changed about you either. Still got the spirit to match that mind of yours...” Kifo replied noting her personality and how she handles herself hasn’t changed over the years from what he could tell. The work she does now seemed to suit her nicely.

The drell felt like a joke was just waiting to be told in that moment as she mentioned coming to her office but instead refrained feeling it was not the right time nor his best field. Allowing a nod and grabbing his drink from the bar as Osayo walked around to his side mentioned being able to drink some more back there.
“Sounds like a good spot.” He began to reply and prepared to walk away from the bar and towards where she took him. “I’ve been savoring this one.... but yes, I’ll be needing another. I feel a good thirst coming on.” Kifo added, turning his head to the name she called out and scolded for her lateness.

Feeling her hand grab his forearm and gave him instruction to where her office was near the bathrooms. He gave a nod and followed alongside her a genuine smile crossing his lips as she complimented on how he looked.
“Just the work keeping me busy.... But thank you. Glad I’m not too unsightly these days, I hear time isn’t always kind.” He replied casually but playful of tone. “I’d say time has been kinder to you... Still looking good and keeping sharp, I see.” The drell complimented in turn, casually and slowly prepping himself while matching her pace of step.

BarakaisBae BarakaisBae CaptainSully CaptainSully

~Osayo Koot~

Osayo felt her jaw tighten upon the mention of 'work'. She had put it in the back of her mind that he was still doing what she had forsaken, as it was still a very touchy and upsetting subject for her. The Drell pushed it back there once again, not wanting that to be on her mind while she caught up with Kifo. It was going to be hard enough without that being considered.

"Ah, well I gotta keep up my figure. You tend to be tipped more when you look good so I've kept up all my exercises, which is the only thing I'm glad to have learned from our training." She explained, a hint of bitterness in her voice when she mentioned the gruelling, difficult training they had to go through as children. "Don't know if I could win a fight or race against you but I think I'd put up a pretty good fight."

"But yeah, I like to keep my personal favourites hidden in there. Good place to have some alone time and wash your emotions away. My place is too quiet and reminds me that... Never mind. We don't need to get into all that garbage right now." Osayo let go of Kifo's wrist to type in the password to the blue keypad.

With a click, the door opened. It wasn't necessarily messy inside, but there were a few boxes on the floor that needed to be unpacked, as well as a open box of Eden Sunrise. "Yeah, usually more organised but you've caught me at a time when I just couldn't be bothered. I hired some new staff recently so I gotta train them and everything, more time-consuming than you'd think." She explained, kicking a box to the side of the room as she walked over to her desk. "Excuse the cereal as well, I also keep a stash of that here. It actually tastes really good straight out of the box with some Memory Stealer so don't you dare even for moment think of judging me." She warned with a smirk.

"Anyways, just shut the door behind you and um, we can start talking or whatever. You have full permission to ask or bring up anything you want. You can even yell at me, if you like. No one will hear a thing and I kinda deserve that." She promised, choosing to sit on her desk rather than in a chair. Osayo gestured towards one of the chairs in front of her desk that he could sit in before taking another sip of her drink. "I have a few questions myself, but I imagine you have more important ones to ask so you should probably start."

(Tags: The Silent Z The Silent Z )

The side effect of his work was getting a read on people and learning more subtle motions, knowing when a person was lying by learning the tell they tended to possess. Another trait was learning when another was not comfortable with the present topic, scene or memory... The drell overlooked his use of work and reminding Osayo of what he had been doing for a career, or rather what he’s still been doing. It was a life that she was not apart of and for good reasons and he brought it up again. The look on her face, the tension of jawline.... It was a foolish mistake that he couldn’t take back but could atleast try not to keep bringing up during their talk. It would after all become heavy enough without adding a extra ingredient. The only thing that kept him from berating himself for his mistake was the sound of Osayo’s voice responding and her presence keeping his mind centered.

“A healthy line of credits then...” He remarked with a crooked grin forming in the corners of his lips. The drell then gave pause his mind flashing memories of their early days in training, it was like a reflex for him.... certain words, certain topics and people seem to have that effect on him, it wasn’t quite controllable but it was something he had become used to over the years and training..... that was one of those words. He could recall the grueling hours under intense pressure and high expectations, children gathered and instructed to complete various exercises and then onto the courses, perform at peak level til simply you could not endure any longer and your eyes started to see a fade to black while your body collapsed beneath you. It was a practice that served as your marker to surpass each time til you met the standards expected of you.... snapping back and pushing the memories from his mind, Kifo nodded looking more solemn as the memory passed into the back of his mind. “Yes, training.... the exercises were a beneficial part of that time. I.... suppose something useful came from it all.” He spoke while he saw the necessary skill and training for such a life, he pondered whether it was truly necessary to place children into such a program.

“I’m sorry Osayo.... My presence is bringing back old memories of that life.” Kifo apologized realizing by looking to her and listening to the sound of voice that she held certain feelings for the training. He would have smiled to her next comment but couldn’t quite bring it back yet. “Even after years, it all becomes instinct and returns as if it were a reflex that never truly left. You, I know you’d put up quite the fight... you have a spirit to ensure it and the knowledge and training to compliment it.” Kifo spoke in reply certain she could indeed put up a good fight perhaps better then she had given herself credit for.

Kifo listened intently and nodded understanding well what she spoke of and meant. He wouldn’t press the matter further delving into the topic and discussing a familiar and shared practice.
“I know...” Were the only words he spoke in reply giving a look of understanding and a small smile as she let go of his wrist and entered a password unto the keypad.

Next came a click and opening of the door revealing a room that had a few boxes and some eden surprise.
“It’s... I’d say just right for a busy woman. Training new staff, running a business while keep customers served and chatting, no need to explain with me, Sayo.” Kifo aimed to ease his old friend. “Oh......” He smirked with a slap gesture on the back of his hand. “I’ll refrain from the judging.” He continued in tease. “Actually add a little something from the bar over there and you have a fine breakfast.” Kifo added

Shutting the door behind him and looking over the chairs stalling a bit, appearing as if their was a great decision to make in which chair to sit. The weighted portion of their talk was now here and he wasn’t quite ready.... even after preparing himself a bit on the way into the office. Finally after some time the drell selected a seat and sat himself down followed by a fair drink before opening his mouth to speak. Struggling to find the right words or even if he wanted to ask that one question, now that the time came and he could finally get the answer he sought for so long.... he hesitated, a unusual trait for him. Kifo raised his head and clasped his hands around the glass in his hand, looking up towards Osayo who sat upon her desk in front of him.
“I guess now the time has come, huh? Look Osayo....” Kifo began slowly reliving that day and his life shortly after it within his mind. The trouble with him was his tendency to relive his memories too often at times though usually not around others, but this time was different, it was now real as they pertained to the present. “I’m not going to yell, I won’t act like a man who understands everything or what perhaps you experienced that triggered such a departure. It was.... a moment, no, a time of learning for me. Painful, a pain that stayed with me yet I’d only make matters worse by inflicting more pain or yelling.” Kifo slowly added, pausing to take another sip of his drink. “But while I learned something from that experience.... I still always just wanted one thing.... a, just a single, one question answered.” The drell hesitated a bit and pondered it further. “Why not say goodbye, Sayo?” Kifo asked his eyes looking toward hers with a soft gaze and fighting back trying to retain some composure but the years that have passed left a bottle kept shut for some time and now was opening, causing a release of tightly pressed emotions and questions to overflow and fill his system.

BarakaisBae BarakaisBae

Last edited:
~Osayo Koot~

"Just right into it, huh?" Osayo questioned, crossing her legs tightly and looking down at the floor. "I kinda wish you'd have yelled at me, if I'm honest." She confessed with a sad and quiet chuckle. "I deal with that all the time, you know, drunk angry people who want me to make them a new drink for free because I 'messed it up', even though they drank most of it. I can deal with that. I’m used to that. This... Not so much..." She sighed, pinching her small nose.

"Alright, I promised that you could ask anything. So I'll keep my word and answer you. Let me just do something first." Picking up the remainder of her drink, she threw back her head as she efficiently chugged the entire thing down in a few seconds flat, a skill she had acquired after working in the bar industry for just under ten years. She slammed the glass down, taking a deep breath afterwards. "I wish that were a shot. It'll have to do, I suppose."

"The short answer? I was and am still a coward. I was scared to do it." Osayo answered, giving direct eye contact although her shoulders and jaw appeared tense. "But that's not the answer you want, is it? You probably want the long, dramatic answer, right? The flashy, interesting answer? Ten years is a long time to wait to hear just one story and I'm never one to disappoint." The Drell rolled her shoulders, feebly attempting to emotionally prepare to tell the man why she abandoned him the way she did.

After a shaky breath, she began to give him the long answer. "Only going into one traumatic story at a time, I just finished my last mission and um, I did something terrible. Really terrible. I didn't know how awful it was u-until after but I can assure you that it's the worst thing I've ever done, and I've done a lot of shitty things. I-I can try to tell you later but, um, I can't do both at once. I just can't. It's t-too much." She could already feel the lump returning and her emotions begging to escape, and she hadn't even truly delved into her answer quite yet. Osayo pushed it down the best she could and continued on.

"I knew then that I had two options after that. It was either I quit or I jump off the roof I was standing on." She said, matter-of-factly and strangely cold. "As you can see, I chose the former. The first thing I thought to do was go to my parents' because I thought they would help me t-to function in normal society and be a normal person. Its hard to function after only knowing that life, you know that. I knew they'd be m-mad at me but I didn't think they-" She stopped mid-sentence, taking a moment to breath. The woman could feel herself about to relive a memory and needed to collect herself to prevent that. Her best strategy to do this was to dig her nails into her palms, as a way to anchor herself in the present. While it wasn't the most healthy method, even leaving scars from digging them in too hard once or twice, she found it was effective for the most part.

"When I told them that I was done with everything, they stared at me for a long while. My father, he was shaking with this rage I'd never seen before but my mother terrified me the most. Her face was blank, emotionless. Even when my dad threw the first punch at me," She placed a hand on the left side of her jaw where she'd been hit while keeping the other clenched, recalling the boom of thunder she heard inside her skull and the throbbing pain that followed afterwards. "Still nothing. It was like her soul had left her body and she just wasn't there. Didn't say a word when my father and I were fighting right in front of her." Osayo described, looking down at her feet.

"I beat him pretty bad, left a giant mess. I don't know what he planned to do to me but he didn't stand a chance against me, knocked his ass out in four punches and I kicked him a few times while he was down. I definitely broke a few bones." Osayo forced herself to look at Kifo again, however it was more difficult that expected. "When the fight finished and he was laying there, my mom finally said something. 'Leave'. That's it. That’s all she said to me, with that same look on her face. So I did. I left." She said, finding it becoming harder to speak and her emotions beginning to leak out of her.

"I wanted to say goodbye to you, Kifo, I did. B-But I thought you would react the same way, I thought you were gonna be mad or-or upset. I already had so many horrible memories and I didn't want to have anymore, especially not of you. I thought it'd be better if I just disappeared. I thought you'd just get over me after a bit but apparently you haven't at all." She could feel the muscles in her chin trembling like that of a small child and became disgusted with herself. "I know you wouldn't have done anything like that now and you probably would've supported me but I was just so scared and stupid!" Her voice was a bit louder and her tone was angrier than expected when she spoke the last word, putting more emphasis on it than she planned to. Her feelings upon her past self were mixed. On the one hand, she was 12-17 years old and thus couldn't have really known better. On the other, she still pulled that trigger for 6 years and she still took that one-way trip off of Kahje. "I didn't know any better. I was kid then, really. A scared kid who'd seen a lot of crap." She added softly, her eyes becoming glassy with tears.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't want to hurt you or give you a 'time of learning', I didn't want that at all." Osayo placed her head in her hands as she felt a couple hot tears begin to roll down her cheeks, escaping even though she had tried so hard to stop them. "I was just a giant coward and you deserved so much more than that. I'm sorry that I failed you. I’m sorry.” Her voice finally cracked upon the final sentence as a steady stream began to flow from her eyes. Wonderful. She was crying in her own bar in front of Kifo. How could she be so weak and pathetic?

( The Silent Z The Silent Z )

The drell had pondered a slower and more indirect way of approaching the subject. But it wasn’t his typical method of going about things often using more forward forms of communication the particular topic of their conversation had only increased his decision to get straight into the heart of it, knowing the longer he took the more it would weigh on his mind and provide less ability to continue down this difficult road. It was a akin to ripping off a band aid perhaps. Kifo instead of responding with words, he instead gave a quiet nod and adjusted his posture within the chair listening to Osayo speak, hearing the sad chuckle in her confession that was quiet but could be heard in their close proximity within her office. He could have yelled perhaps, he could have came in drunk or gotten himself drunk first and let whatever followed to happen, but while lacked composure and control over himself this day with an old friend. Kifo couldn’t be that kind of reaction, couldn’t allow himself to yell when he could never know what lay behind the other side or what the recipient of that rage had gone through. “I’m not sure I could yell.... even if I wanted to vent that way.” The man replied simply and quietly returning to listening.

Meanwhile he nodded along understanding her needing to take a glass clearing chug before continuing as she intended to keep her promise. Something he felt coming himself though a refill would be required soon anyways for him, perhaps a few refills.... Kifo rarely kept his drinking to one per outing unless he was working then it was a different story.

The drell sat within his chair keeping a straightened posture with elbows lightly pressed against my the arms of his chair, slightly a lean forward to allow for his hands to remained clasped around his glass and fingers touching at the tips. He listened to her claim of being a coward giving a much shorter answer at first.... A answer that Kifo couldn’t accept nor could he quite believe her cowardice then again he saw her in a different light after all they been through and Osayo breaking from the life to set her own way, carve out her own path and legacy in life. Part of him thought to speak up but refrained, instead he remained still and maintained the eye contact she gave him, only listening to her every word and waiting between each pause for silence before the next came to follow. Kifo had waited ten years for this answer, the answer to his one question in life, least the one that mattered most to him and still gave him pause once the moment arrived to hear it. Despite the difficult nature of it all, he wouldn’t accept a short answer and would wait to hear a fuller explanation.

He watched her language not just of words leaving her lips, but her body as well from the roll of her shoulders down to the shake in her breath. A method of observation that became second nature to him detailing each movement and making mental notes along the way. While he did remain quiet his manner of expression perked a bit upon hearing the start of a longer explanation and telling of him that she'd only delve into one story at a time. It was natural curiosity to wonder what she could have done that was labeled the worst thing she had ever done in a life where assassins made a living of doing terrible things. But once more, he refrained from pressing the matter further, instead he was still and quiet one thing he could do rather well and this was a moment it would suit best just remaining quiet and listening. Though hearing that she considered leaping off the roof somewhere..... that wasn’t quite so easy to take, it was a sad and tragic thought but she said it so certainly and with a cold in her tone and the way she said it. Osayo’s reveal was something he did know, something he still observed in others and wondered, how to live a normal life and function like others who made it seem so easy and natural. While to him and to Osayo, that kind of living wasn’t a easy thing for them or others trained to live a life such a small theirs.

However what he heard next after Osayo took a breath and continued, brought a tension to his jaw, eyes narrowing into disbelief. While he was far from the resident expert on parents and relationships, it was still shocking to hear how her parents reacted... The sad truth he didn’t quite understand fully was how much of a honor it was for the parents too of drell selected to become trained assassins for the hanar. A truth he was beginning to realize now as Osayo told him her encounter with her parents when she went to them for help and guidance. A father filled with rage to soon be unleashed upon his own daughter, a silent mother who appeared blank and absent of emotion... she could allow her daughter to be struck by her husband and child’s own father? It was like he couldn’t comprehend such a thing, he always figured that a bond between parent and child was deeper then some honor. Deeper then some disappointment and rage as their own child desired a different life then what she was given and expected to live.

Still he listened in silence finding it difficult to understand due to his own false reality of various kinds of relationships and lack of knowing how they worked. But he found it more difficult to hear and struggled to find the words to say, wanting to rise from his chair and say something that was right and perhaps somewhat comforting or atleast showing he was there if needed. But what could he say? What were the right words to speak? How could he react and take in everything at once and still manage the right response? Was there one that even existed, really? Perhaps the quiet, listening ear was the best and only response right now. Meanwhile it wasn’t hard to see her father didn’t stand a chance, hard to believe the state in which she left him in.... she was a trained assassin after all and that wasn’t the sort of person in which to suddenly start a fight under even ordinary conditions and circumstances. The drell struggled to contain himself, he was finding it more difficult to hear then he could have imagined coming in and now felt a release on the brink of breaking free and showing a side that Kifo sometimes wondered if he still had in him. Tears started to well up in his eyes and weigh heavy on the lids as they struggled to stay there.

The more she talked the harder it became for him and for her as well. Gods they were not built for this..... He looked down into his glass staring at the alcoholic liquid stirring in his hands, fighting to keep his tears at bay within his eyes, while continuing to listen to his oldest friend and perhaps the only one he had in his life. The only other relationship was one formed out respect forged through past encounters in which spun a intriguing but complicated relationship as detective and informant that was key on holding up their respective ends of the bargain. This one however, it went back far longer and held far more to him... It was rather and truly heartbreaking to hear and see, to learn and know of what happened and why she never said goodbye. A quick tossing back of his drink as he set the now empty glass down on the desk, Kifo with a lowered head and look to the floor rose from himself chair pressing up against the surface with his arms and slowly raised his head to meet her eyes with his own. While a hand softly raised to her cheek and carefully placed around her jaw and cheek using his equivalent to a thumb to wipe away any tears that may fall from her glassy eyes.

Allowing a brief silence fill the air as he held his hand gently to her face and looked for the words but settled for what he felt in his heart instead.
“I don’t know how or what..... I mean that I should have been a better friend Osayo. If you could have thought I’d get mad at you after all you’ve done for me since we were kids of five years old and after my parents..... that darkness I felt closing in around me.... I would have wandered lost if not for your light to guide me, Osayo.” Kifo spoke closing his eyes and even then tried to limit the tears from rolling down his cheek from his dark, almost black like orbs for eyes. Only opening them again as he tried to continue heart felt and heart led words. “I couldn’t say that I’d have taken it well... but to react the same way as your parents or.... No, I knew you didn’t want that life for yourself and I hope that I’d have been not selfish but supportive even if it meant losing my friend.” The drell added, though his words were becoming more difficult to speak and his voice was starting to crack. Cherished, treasured, closest were all words he could have used but if Kifo considered you a friend and let you in.... such words weren’t of need.

“A lesson I had to learn and discovered and not ready to live, didn’t prepare for such a harsh but true reality was..... I couldn’t have gotten over you, Osayo. The cruel truth is that I relied upon you far more then I believe I was there for you. I found that you were the reason i was truly living, without you I would have been just a lifeless droid programmed to carry out orders and eliminate my given targets, perform whatever task I was instructed to complete.”The man shared with a emphasis on living, while his voice went quiet, head lowered in shame of his own inability to function without Osayo yet also a sadness that was stronger then his own weakness and shame, he wasn’t there for his friend when perhaps she needed him most.

“It’s not you that should apologize.... I see it now. We were just kids expected to live a certain way, no real guidance or knowing of how to leave that life the right way. You did what you felt you must.... I can take anger, I can carry the burden of my wrongs, the sins I must atone for and the fear that may come. But I cannot replace a bond deeper then any of that or a friendship I may have broken or lost for good. As hard as it for me to hear.... for you to share with me.... I understand now. I’ve got the answer to my one great question.” He continued struggling so to say, while his chin trembled in the there silence and his jaw began to feel coursing through the line of his face. “If your..... the p-pai....” He faltered closing his eyes and trying to muster himself back to the forming of words and saying what he felt to her as he began to take a step back and let go of her cheek. “ The pain wasn’t easy to bare, the pain was the most painful thing ive had to endure in my life. I always wondered if I had done something.... took advantage, said something or perhaps wasn’t the friend I should have been to you. I felt many things and wondered even more during that time... But now I don’t feel like you should say sorry... you endured a heavy blow from your own parents. You were a child still and could have used someone to lean on.... I wasn’t there. I should have been there somehow..... I can accept the pain, if it means you achieved a dream and a need to leave that life and get away.” Kifo responded appearing more vulnerable then he could have ever imagined possible and would ever allow under any other circumstance.

“You were never the coward, Osayo..... You knew what you wanted and who you were. You found a sort of peace even if memories still haunt you like they would any in our shoes. I always admired that about you, Sayo.... I just would have wanted what was best for you and what would make you happy. I know you didn’t intend for me.... I know, you always looked after me. As for the rest, I can accept your apology but I now wish you wouldn’t.... you didn’t fail me, I failed you my friend.” Kifo stated his tears beginning to burst from his eyes after breaking the line he once held and fought. “I’ll always be indebted to you for all you’ve for me.... It’s debt I can never truly repay even though I’ll try. But I can least perhaps put your mind at ease and be the friend I should have been long ago.”Kifo spoke, wanting to step forward again and wrap his arms around her yet there was a slight hesitation. Neither of them were built for crying, showing this side of themselves and breaking down the way that they had causing a innermost conflict for the man hardened by his life and what he must do, what he knows yet still there was a small part of him still alive that showed at time when he showed mercy or broke a contract at his own risk and ensured the target was moved safely elsewhere and with their family if they had one. A part that was far more evident when it came to Osayo....

Pushing aside his hesitation and overcoming a inner conflict of sorts, Kifo stepped lightly forward and took a chance he normally wouldn’t take. He moved to wrap his arms around his friend while placing a hand on the back of her heard, gently holding her if she would let him and leaned his cheek down gently atop her head.

BarakaisBae BarakaisBae

nizXBuO.png
Thalia's mistrust made Charlotte second guess herself. To be honest with herself, she'd already decided the man was a Spectre. First of all, he said he was a Spectre and that's not the kind of thing the Council generally lets happen. Even on Earth, running around and claiming to be a cop or federal official would get you picked up and locked up in very short order. Besides that, she'd queried his biometric data and came back with a rather scanty bio. Essentially, confirmation on his name. Spectre records were sealed by Council order and this Turian looked to be equally well covered.

But Thalia's skepticism made Charlotte reevaluate her quick decision. Humans had only been in Council space for a human lifetime. Her wife had been alive longer than humans had been in space at all. Surely if she was skeptical, there was cause?

Either way, Thalia's questions were good ones. Charlotte thought it over while briefly noticing a small crowd around the bartender inside. But then, the Turian Spectre had just left there...

"Spectres and reporters don't usually mix much," she said, more to fill a lag in the conversation than because she had something particular she wanted to say. Charlotte tucked a lock of blonde hair back behind an ear before continuing. "I'd love to know how ANN can be of service."

~Osayo Koot~

The Drell was surprised by the act of Kifo putting his hand on her cheek, but relaxed into the touch, leaning her head against it. While it wasn't the first time she had felt his touch when she was upset, this was one of the few times it was really him and not just her remembering something from the past, one of the only instances she willing allowed herself to relive her past. It was pleasant and comforting to her. Osayo placed her hand over-top of the one Kifo had on her cheek as she listened to him speak to her, wanting to comfort him more but trying to be careful of his boundaries. His walls were even higher than hers were and she didn't want to attempt to break them down completely without his permission

Osayo could almost feel her heart break as Kifo opened his own heart to her, expressing how important she was/is to him. She didn't know if it made her feel better or worse, as she didn't realize before she meant so much to the other Drell but it only made her leaving him behind even worse. She couldn't help but wonder if he became a 'droid' after she left if she truly were the sole reason he wasn't one before. Kalahira, she hoped not.

Osayo wanted to interrupt him as he went on to say he wasn't a good friend to her back then but decided it was best to let him finish, as he didn't interrupt her. Although, she couldn't help but frown when he pulled away, her cheek feeling cold once more. But the man more than made up for it with a hug, which was even more surprising to her. She didn't think he was even this affectionate when they were training together, but the change was more than welcome. The woman was much less hesitant in comparison, almost immediately reciprocating the embrace by wrapping her arms around his abdomen and burying her face into his neck. Osayo, having been a 'free' woman for the past ten years, was more okay with physical contact. The only problem she had was forming deep connections with people and opening up so she often couldn't express it, thus, she took advantage of the opportunity. "You were perfect. Don't think for a second you weren't. You were the only reason I held on for so long..." She whispered softly into his skin, in response to his claim that he wasn't a good friend to her, trying to reassure him in his unusually vulnerable state.

"Although, I will say, you could've hugged me more." She teased, trying to lighten the sombre, depressing atmosphere. "For someone whose not that cuddly most of the time, you're a good hugger." Osayo commented, stroking his back gently. "So just do what you did before all those years ago, but hold me every once in a while." She instructed, turning her head slightly so that her cheek was resting on his shoulder, shutting her teal eyes to become more relaxed.

"I don't know how long you're staying on the Citadel for, but I'm glad we got to spend some time together and catch up a bit. I missed you so much..." Osayo sighed, a small, albeit weak smile appearing on her dark green lips. "Speaking of which, how long are you here for, anyway?" She questioned, curious. The Drell doubted it would be very long, knowing he was likely here for work and that 'assignments' didn't take a lot of time a majority of the time. "You don't gotta tell me what you're here for, I just want to know how long we have to make up for lost time is all."

The idea of her touch upon his hand as the drell aimed to comfort the woman and ease her tears. It was not a scene Kifo expected to live beyond his memories, but here they were and his eyes only closed for a time as her hand lay over top his own and she leaned in to his palms touch. He stood their with eyes closed and gentle smile resting softly, slowly of form on his face thinking of another time yet staying in the moment still. The drell couldn’t know what to expect when he went for that hug after pulling away, he half expected his hands turned and arms pushed away... it wasn’t his strongest suit being so affectionate, walls built so high nothing could ever perhaps see the hardened shell growing around his heart. But instead his hug seemed welcome as her arms wrapped around him and buried her face into his neck. There was a simple comfort settling in feeling her arms embracing him, a warmth he hadn’t really known in some time. “Siha.....” He uttered softly in whisper

The drell wanted to believe he was a good friend her part of him doubted, not her words but reflecting on that time and what she revealed to him moments before. She mentioned that he was perfect and the reason why she lasted for long.... but was that a good thing he wondered? Knowing then how much she wanted out of that life and knowing now what she endured before finally leaving? He felt a guilt still gnawing at him in the pit of his stomach as he thought over that question. But still hearing Osayo whisper into his skin and try to reassure him and say such things did not go unnoticed nor without effect.
“I can’t help but wonder.... through staying so long because of me, how much more did you have to endure?” Kifo whispered softly in turn resting still his cheek gently upon her head. The truth was the pair got each through that training, through difficult times but Kifo felt Osayo always remained the reason why whether she’d agree or not.“You could have fulfilled your dream sooner... you always had so much to offer this world, Sayo. A spirit of wonder and desiring better for yourself, knowing who you were and what you wanted. A rebel willing to stand out and live.” He added softly. “Your suffering.... I just wish I could have carried that burden and pain for you.”

The drell paused for a moment and smiled to her tease, if he was a good hugger then it was news to him but he was glad to hear it. He felt a breath leave him a smile she stroked his back and the man eased more with her touch, feeling at ease and better for the wrap of her arms and stroke of his back. While she turned her head and placed her cheek more on his shoulder. “It’s a foreign thing to me.... But I suppose I learn quickly, a good friend helps however. Like you said, I’m not usually so..... cuddly.” He smiled back in reply, a small chuckle adding to the moment. “I can do that....” Kifo added in reply to Osayo’s instruction.

The drell opened his eyes and would have looked to her, but instead looked down as much a smile he could towards her eyes and down to her nose with a slight adjustment of his head.
“I have missed you Sayo...” He spoke a bit weakly but sincere. While he took a moment to look back on how long he did been away from ‘home’ as some could say though Kahje wasn’t as much of home to him anymore, least it didn’t feel like a home. Further he look at how long he’d been on the citadel and how long he’d remain as Osayo asked. “I’ve been around for awhile....” He started to reply wondering how exactly he went so long before realizing Osayo was here or running into her or even word about woman of the drell race being aboard the citadel. “In truth, I’ve fallen a tad out of favor with the Hanar. I expanded the scope in which to offer these particular set of skills I have.... a fair and acceptable path, but, well, I’m still active yet I’ve become more useful... perhaps, a added purpose which means I could be around here for awhile yet.” Kifo shared revealing he was still a active weapon for the Hanar yet wasn’t contacted for assignment nearly as often these days.

“I can always make time for you, Osayo. I’ve become more independently active meaning I control a little more then before.... Now that I know... I’d like to make up for lost time as well.” He replied stumbling in his words a bit before saying he wanted the same. “In truth.... I think if you look back on it, you’ll know least part of what brings me here.” Kifo spoke referencing the spectre and hinting perhaps of what he thought, part of him was now rather sure he caught wind of Osayo’s connection to him and aimed to use that to track him down. Though it wasn’t lost on him that perhaps the Turian thought Osayo could be helpful in what he sought for his case.

BarakaisBae BarakaisBae

~Osayo Koot~

"I can't say I'm surprised we haven't run into each other, though I am disappointed. At least we have plenty of time, but still." Osayo stated before continuing. "I tend to be in here or at home most of the time, sometimes even staying here in my office for the night. If I'm feeling especially adventurous, I visit the shop next door and speak with Cadogan but otherwise I mostly stick to those locations and don't really get out much." She admitted, nonchalant. "It's not as sad as I'm making it sound. I just like making sure everything's running smoothly here and everyone I speak to frequently usually come here anyway. Besides, it's not like anyone would want to invite me out anywhere. I'm just the sarcastic bartender who everyone knows but nobody knows well, and frankly, that's how I like it."

Letting her arms fall to her sides and standing up, she strolled over to the cabinet and opened the door to reveal an assortment of various types of liquor from wines to brandies. "Your compliments do no go unappreciated however, whether they're true or not. Gods know I could use the ego boost..." She picked up the bottle of Serrice Ice Brandy and poured it into a short glass, not wanting to become intoxicated but still wishing for a slight buzz. "Would you care for another drink?" She asked, turning her head back to him.

The bar owner couldn't help but snicker at the mention of the Hanar. "If you call that a 'tad out of favour', I burned the entire bridge to a crisp then." She wiped her light green cheeks of any evidence of crying, feeling better after getting a majority of it out. It had been a long time since she'd done so, let alone with another person. "I'm happy to hear you're not kissing so much Hanar ass as of late. Drell don't come here very often but when they do, it's exhausting because they always at some point bring up the Compact and the 'debt' we owe, like they know what they're talking about. It's no wonder my social life and my love life are almost non-existent." Her voice dripped of sarcasm when she spoke about the belief that the Drell owed the Hanar anything, making it clear that she disagreed with it greatly.

"Yeah, I thought that Turian guy was looking for you, which is exactly why I told him to piss off." Osayo replied, her body language much more relaxed compared to when they first began to speak. "He's not the first and he won't be the last to ask about you but I know if you want to be found, you'll present yourself. Such as you are now, for example."

Auleus Indanian
Auleus took note of the Detective's skepticism. He then had to consider their questions. what did he want? He honestly didn't think he'd get this far. There was an awkward pause while he tried to think quickly.

"I have spent a sum total of four days on the Citadel, not including my most recent trip, since I have been promoted to Spectre. As such I have very few reliable sources here. I was hoping that you or someone you know could get me onto the Crucifix case as a consultant, Detective. I'd like to stay as up to date on the case as possible," Indanian said finally. "As for you Miss Ambrose, I hoped you had some connections to people who had been affected by these killings. Perhaps the Blue Suns that you've been talking to?"

Auleus was about to actually get somewhere with this assignment, or so he hoped.

…Kifo Tiat…
The drell listened and nodded thinking it a fair result of why they’d hadn’t been knowledgeable of the other on the citadel or ran into one another as of yet. It was disappointing now that hindsight was twenty-twenty and he looked back on it, the time lost in the past months or so and however long it’s been. But still, now they have an opportunity to change things and catch up on lost time and that was a positive change he’d take in his life. The way she spoke of how she spent her time brought a small smile to his face, it sounded rather familiar in its way, she saw to her bar, spent time in her apartment, visited the shop next door and spoke with Cadogan... almost a mirror of his own tendencies. “Frankly, I’d be surprised if you weren’t ensuring smooth operations and liking things just so.” He replied before moving his gaze toward the cabinets and watched as Osayo revealed an assortment of serrice ice brandy. The bottle catching his eye not often seeing that particular drink around the places he’s been over the years, except perhaps one time back on Omega in the afterlife though he refrained from buying it...

Nodding with a smile as she spoke and moved his glass closer upon being asked about another drink.
“I’d rather request another... if you don’t mind, I have a feeling one just won’t do.” Kifo spoke not looking to over do it with his drinking, but he could manage a number while still able to function. He couldn’t help but chuckle as Osayo snickered as the Hanar were brought up. “I couldn’t compete with you there... I’d have to blow up the bridges to stand a chance.” Kifo joked seeing the color return in Osayo’s cheeks and feeling it return in his own complexion. He wouldn’t have thought he’d open up like that til having experienced it just now, but it was good, it was healing and time finally did the work he sought. “I guess my mindset was always..... limited to a certain view and belief. Can’t say things have changed for other drell, but I’m glad too, I started to wake even if just a little.” The drell replied with a soft smile, knowing he was rather blinded to fulfilling a purpose and repaying a debt...... The compact most drell felt compelled or desired to uphold.

Next a good laugh escaped him as Osayo replied about the Turian spectre.
“Good to hear your still the same... I imagine few would dare tell a spectre to piss off. Thanks Sayo” Kifo spoke, even after all these years and still she had his back. The kind of trust Kifo didn’t have with others, he kept his walls high and kept many at a distance both for their sake and his own reasons. The life he lived and Osayo once did, meant trust wasn’t easy to come by nor easily kept. Though he was a bit surprised others came to her seeking his whereabouts and asking after the drell, mostly out of the source they went to, it hinted that perhaps they delve deeper then some and/or knew them both from long ago, he wouldn’t lie and say that didn’t peak his interest. But wouldn’t let it become a question as he rather enjoyed catching up. “Appreciated.... It’s how I like it.” He added in reply, “It has become a business for me... even more then it normally was before my expanded role. I shouldn’t be surprised you’ve not forgotten my methods.” He smiled towards the end and reached for the glass. “I’m a open book for you, Osayo.... You pour, we drink and any question I shall answer. The offer shall stand whenever the mood strikes you” The drell spoke placing his hands in a wrap around the glass and moving to take a drink.

BarakaisBae BarakaisBae

Thalia remained quiet as if considering what the man had to offer. His own feeling aside about Specters, she could not deny having his help to cut through red tape and such could be useful. Having another skilled muscle and with the right gear and access to back it cant be sneezed at. Yet still her gut feeling that he was trouble hadnt gone away and didnt make the decision any easier. More to the point things go wrong, he can run off, among other things, with nothing happening to him while she took all the blame.

"Excuse me, I will have a word with my reporter friend over there." She said turning away and walking towards Charlotte. She indicated for the two of them to take a couple of more steps away from the specter before speaking. "So what do you thinks, hon?"
DiamondJack DiamondJack Epiphany Epiphany

~Osayo Koot~

"A little is better than not at all, which is how most of our species feels so I'll give you credit where credit is due." She replied, knowing full well she was in no place to give a lecture about lifestyles, even though she was highly against his own. But Osayo didn't plan to ruin their first evening together by picking a fight. That could wait till at the very least the second evening.

"Oh, was that a spectre? I thought it was just a shady douche looking for trouble. Oh wait, those are the same thing! My bad." She giggled, shaking her head. "Yeah, no. I don't like people getting in my business, your business, or our business. I don't care who they think they are, if they're not buying anything, they can leave. I'm far too busy for an interrogation or interview or whatever. Again, I'm just a bartender, I'm nobody special. At least not anymore I'm not." Osayo stated, crossing her arms as she leaned against the wall. "It was so strange not having any expectations after leaving, like, just being on my own with no one telling me what to do. It took a bit longer to realize I was free rather than just alone. You wouldn't think it'd be difficult to become a nobody but it was. I felt like a robot without any instructions. Now, I just feel like a person trying to make it like everyone else." Her eyes seemed to be staring off at something else, recalling the path that got her to where she was. It was difficult and painful, but better than what would've happened if she had stayed where she was by a long shot. "Ugh, I keep using metaphors and waxing philosophically today, I really need to get a hold of myself." She groaned, annoyed with herself.

Taking a sip of her drink, she pondered what she wanted to ask. "Questions for you? I have plenty." She stared into her glass briefly before she spoke again, deciding finally what she'd like to ask him first. "I'd love to ask things like why you're still working when many would've retired and had a family by now, or if you've seen my mother at all, or why you're such an understanding person, but I do have one question that I've had recently that I've been growing more and more concerned about. Not a personal question, surprisingly, but important nonetheless. Again, I'd rather jump into what's been going on with you over the past decade but this question could be the difference to me being alive or murdered." Her tone became serious once more and her expression was almost emotionless, but a fleck of fear appeared in her eyes for just a moment.

"I want to know if you know anything about the Crucifix, that guy whose been murdering people as of late." She questioned, turning to look at Kifo once more. "I know you're still in that world and I need to know if you have any information on him or if you know whether I'm in danger or not." Osayo explained, swishing the liquid in her glass gently in the hopes the distraction would keep her nerves at bay. "I know he only really kills 'bad' people, but my previous actions don't make exactly make me look great. I can say with certainty that not everyone I killed deserved it and that I've killed good people before, without a doubt. Even when I did kill 'bad' targets, I hurt people who either witnessed the assassination or cared about the target, and not all of those people could've been terrible. On top of that, I've never been truly punished, unless the memories and nightmares count. Instead, I opened a successful bar and have seemingly moved on like nothing happened. The latter is not true in the slightest admittedly but from the outside, it would look that way. I don't know how he'd find all this out, but he very well could. For those reasons, I fear I could be a target because of this and I need to know if that fear is valid or not. Do you know?"

… Kifo Tiat …

It was rather generous the drell thought of the others given credit to his awakening of sorts. Though she was right, when most other drell still cling so tight to the compact, live their lives by it, the ones who awaken from the pact and see reality a bit more clearly and none of bias.... Feel less indebted to the Hanar after so many a year since their rescue and salvation. A little was more and a improvement over none at all. “Took me long enough, huh?” Kifo intended a small joke followed by a slight chuckle to accompany it.

The male smiled a corner grin and tilted a nod upon hearing Osayo as about that being a spectre and commenting on them as a whole. He always pondered who really controlled the spectres, Saren was a menace that got away with too much for too long... Status and racial bias seemed to play a larger factor in Kifos opinion, but if one Saren lived such a life and could do what he did or event portion of it... it made him wonder who controlled who? Law and order seemed to become rather blurred when it suited some people.
“A shared trait... I’ve gotten a little sloppy in covering tracks for us. Or perhaps just didn’t cover them well enough. Either way, I’ll tend to that matter later.” Kifo admitted, agreeing on the dislike of their business whether separate or together was theirs and preferred it that way. After all such Intel a small simple or more complex as that could be power for some, besides the common factor that it was theirs to know. “Oh, just a bartender... huh? You undervalue yourself dear friend. But I see your point, I believe. It’s not exactly as profile as before when you compare.” He added in reply with a soft smile and drink of his brandy.

As she spoke of life after her days as a assassin, Kifo couldn’t help but wonder what that kind of life would like. He observed others often, watched the daily life of ordinary people though even the simplest things seemed so foreign to him, a family.... a normal job, vacations and relaxation of normal life.... he could hardly picture himself in such a life. Yet he sort of desired that change though feared if he could ever function outside of this life he lived now and had for so long.
“You can paint a wonderful picture, Osayo.... I..... it’s all rather beautiful the way you describe it..” Kifo replied cutting himself off from delving into his own wonders about it and how he’d manage. Meanwhile complimenting her description sincerely and rather liking the metaphors and philosophy side of her today, even if she didn’t care for it all.

He watched and stared as she drank and stared into her glass, gaze shifting into a perk and ears focused more so upon her start. The drell said he was a open book yet those early questions struck deep and his eye started faded into a lowered gaze with mind drifting into thought of how to answer, looking for the words to describe and feeling a tad vulnerable again though he fought it back and kept himself somewhat composed. A slight mind trick to keep his expression relaxed but guarding against the vulnerability. Thinking it all over while remaining alert and listening to everything she had to say and ask, knowing she probably didn’t expect all to be answered at once as the last question seemed the most important, obviously and that was the one question that caught his attention most. The look on his face drawing from his poker face to one more telling. Taking a breath and exhaling, followed by a chaser of his drink that finished it of fun completely, while he pushed forward and upright, eyes looking to hers and thinking perhaps he found his words though some answers would be shorter in favor of the most important question.

“I mentioned I’d become a open book for you, so I shall though you certainly still hit hard and fast, Siha.” Kifo began, wishing he’d taken a double or triple of brandy at this point. “Ok.... First, I’ve pondered retiring though odd for most our age, how many retire before thirty? But... I struggle to see myself functioning outside of the one thing I know how to do. I’ve known one life and have only ever had one purpose, beyond.... anyways, I’ve known one purpose and only certain skills at my disposal, I hate to admit it.... but I fear life and what I see myself becoming outside of this world I do know and perhaps know well.” He added, sharing a deeper honesty about himself that he despised and felt ashamed. “Remember that lifeless droid..... Of course, we’re drell after all, I don’t think I’ll succeed in having a family of my own or know how exactly, relationships are not my strong suit. A living, breathing and thinking mech is what I seem to be. You were and are the strongest reason for my life not becoming completely lifeless and droid like.” He spoke, realizing he went on longer then intended with that one. “Secondly, Yes, I’ve seen her twice since you left. I kept rather busy but can elaborate more on those occasions and what I know. Thirdly, I think it’s easier to understand others and have such then it is for to understand myself.... there I’m a slower study. It’s easier to understand and forgive others, I can’t for myself.”

Kifo finished the more quickly asked questions hoping he didn’t take too long in answering. He’d only stumble and take longer the more he waited to answer those questions in his mind anyway. Now came the ultimate concern, the main question that ran through his mind and rang through his ear canals, before now that hadn’t crossed his mind as before he wasn’t aware of Osayo being on the citadel and there for wasn’t a likely target. But now, Kifo went silent and focused, deeply enthralled within his own memories, running through each case and victim, profile of the killer and everything he could possibly know about each case and this killer. Flashes popping into his mind one after another, vivid details seemingly running through and before his eyes as he blinked rapidly in process. To Osayo, she’d likely recognize Kifo’s state and why the silence had come... “ I am..... I do.... It’s why that spectre is here, asking after me and wanting to probe you for questions. It’s why a C-Sec Detective named Thalia shall likely follow soon. It’s why I came knowing they’d be around eventually though Thalia was less so, I intended to message her, seeing you caught me off guard and the timeline I had set for everything today. A welcomed one but still delayed a message.” Kifo continued, the thought of Osayo becoming a target only intensified his desire to match this killer step for step and find out who they were. Before he didn’t mind someone bumping off blood pack and other scum... but Osayo was neither of those things in himself opinion though he wasn’t the killer, thus he could only be so sure, just to be safe, he would have to step up his game and tap into that mindset once again, the thinking of a killer, a methodical and skilled assassin who was thorough and educated. “I’ve been... keeping tabs and following every case, perhaps a little closer then some officials know or would like. Tracking this crucifix.... it’s been like a game of..... well first comparison would be chess, a human game from, well I think it’s older then most of their time in history.” He paused, looking toward Osayo and reaching a hand toward hers as she swished her drink around her glass and gently placed it over her hand. “You are not matching the profile of his or her victims... they’d have to search deep and delve further then most cases for such info that could make you a target. Time is a key to their success, the slightest step outside the routine of this killer would put them off their timing in my opinion. Planning each kill the way they do would take a majority aside from the kill and staging itself. No, you are not a obvious enough target for them, you should be safe but if im wrong, I’ll make sure you remain safe. You shouldn’t have to deal with that life anymore nor answer for it to some vigilante.” Kifo attempted to assure and calm her nerves. The drell knew she could handle herself but he’d rather not see it get that far, nor take that chance the killer might just pull off the unthinkable and murder Osayo. “The fear is within reason but you’ve also changed. Atonement comes and washing of sins..... the other victims remain merciless and more obvious of target, unchanging in their ways. Further more, the killer has attracted the attention of many in the underworld on top of the council and c-sec, eventually he or she will become rushed, reckless and find themselves outnumbered as they become the hunted, no longer the hunter. That feeling will unnerve them, mistakes will follow and that calling card will become a wound left untreated... it will slow them down and be part of their own undoing as the pressure mounts and heat rises.” The drell spoke in explaining things to Osayo on the killer and his thoughts. All the while wanting to assure and calm the woman, though he had to admit the chances of him being wrong were higher then he liked.

BarakaisBae BarakaisBae

sully.png
name.png

Tags: None as he has no friends to play with...except Nyx...good doggo!

Having left Osayo and her friend alone Robert had stumbled across the single biggest piece of news on the Citadel. Somehow he had been totally oblivious to the Crucifix killer and decided to change that. Returning to his shop he made his way straight to the basement. The space was open and wide, looking more like a studio apartment than a basement. It had an inbuilt kitchen, bedroom and living room areas. The walls were lined with large monitors that gave him the chance to live wherever he wanted. At that moment in time he was under the sea, watching creatures of the deep swim past. Walking towards the far wall, Robert placed his hand on what would appear to most to be a random part of the wall. In fact it was a perfectly blended hand scanner. With a soft beep the section of wall before him began to slide to the left, leaving a doorway in a darkened room. The only illumination within was that of numerous monitors scattered around it.

Entering the room he tapped at the wall to his right, hearing the doorway behind him close. Making his way toward a console in the center of the room he sat down and began to tap away almost immediately. The screens before him changed from generic live news feeds to various files and folders. As he navigated through each, finding what he needed, another one of the monitors would display screenshots from CCTV. Within minutes he had each of his monitors displaying the final CCTV captured pictures of the Crucifix killers victims alive. Some of the footage had been obtained by various news outlets but the main bulk of what he had on screen he had simply taken from C-Sec's database. For what was likely the most well funded police force in all the Milky Way, Robert made easy work of their security.

As he sat there he continued to think about the killer. The similarities between himself and the killer ate away at the better part of his soul and that was the reason he had now decided to find them. He had convinced himself that if he could somehow apprehend or even kill the murderer, then maybe it would redeem his own slightly dubious deeds.

Sitting back in his chair he stretched, letting out a satisfying groan as he did so. So let's see what we have here... Starting with the left most screen, he rewound the footage to when the victim first entered the shot. He then watched it forward multiple times, utilising some of his custom software to store images of everyone within the CCTV footage. After he was satisfied he caught everything, he moved onto the next. He repeated the same process, extrapolating image data of all those people within shot, looking to see if there were any matches. In the hour that followed, Robert had gone through all available CCTV footage of each victims last recorded moments. With the sheer number of people in the shots his software gave a predicted calculation time of twelve hours.

"What the hell?!" Even though he expected it to take a while given the amount of footage and people in it, twelve hours was twice as long as it had ever taken the software previously. Tapping at his omni-tool he saw the time. I'll just go to bed...

Leaving his secret room he made his way back into what was essentially his home. Nyx already had the same idea as Robert, her fur covered body spread out right across his large bed. He rubbed at the bridge of his nose, too polite to wake his sleeping canine. Instead he was his way over to his sofa that was set up in front of his large television. Picking up the remote he turned it on, working his way to the classics channel. An old animated series he enjoyed was on, following the story of four young boys, one of whom had a tendency to die every episode...well for the fist few series at least. Slowly lowering his head to rest on a cushion he watched an episode before his eyes began to become heavy. Within minutes his eyes were closed and he drifted off to sleep.

~Osayo Koot~

"I... Thanks, I guess. Speaking from the heart isn't usually my thing. I'm getting there, I suppose." Osayo said dismissively in response to his praise of her use of words, blaming the slight blush upon her skin on the alcohol and not embarrassment. She knew she probably shouldn't be resistant to this side of herself, as 'normal' people usually spoke of their feelings more freely, but her training and childhood was still heavily ingrained in her. She often wondered what was the more common reason for staying among her assassin peers, the Compact or the fear of becoming a part of everyday society. "It's not hard to paint it in a good light though. Other than the secrecy and occasional loneliness, it's perfect, for me anyway. I wouldn't give it up for anything."

Osayo nodded along as Kifo answered her, not expecting to get answers to the other briefer questions and was pleasantly surprised. She frowned slightly at the answers to the first questions, not especially liking the answers for the most of them and actually finding the last question's answer the most comforting, which was not what she had been expecting. Nonetheless, she trusted Kifo's judgement and if he thought she was an unlikely target, than she was. His explanation was logical and appeared to be honest. The fear in her eyes turned into a softness as he placed a hand upon hers, pushing the previous concern to the back of her mind again. "You're probably right. I just... Sometimes I wonder if the day is coming where I'm finally gonna be punished for my sins and for finding happiness, the day this is all over. It'd be a pretty poetic ending to my story, admittedly. But I've never been a big fan of poems so..."

"I just realized that's a strange thing to ask, why you haven't retired yet. You see, I had this idea in my head about what happened to you, after I left." Osayo was already beginning to regret getting into this explanation but it was too late by then. "I always thought that you would have quickly moved on from me, dismissing me as a heartless bitch or something, and continued on working for a year or two before you met someone in some cliché fashion, like she spills something on your shirt or something stupid like that. She'd be a cute, innocent, and slightly dim girl who'd eventually break those stone walls you have and she'd want you to leave so you can get married. You'd fight a bunch over it, but after a time, you'd see she's not that dumb after all and you'd agree. From then on, you'd put a ring on her, you'd pop out a baby or two, and you'd get your happily ever after." She rubbed her frills once more, feeling like she must sound insane. "It, um, was a consoling thought while I was looking for a job and finding my own place in the world, as well as when I was feeling especially shitty in general. You being happy, even if it was in my imagination, always made me happy. It was also easier thinking you found a better replacement for me and moved on with your life than... The alternative. I don't know whether that was good or bad for my mental health, but it made me feel better at the time. I know it sounds crazy now and I was really far off in my predictions, but there you go."

Clearing her throat, she feebly attempted to change the subject away from her delusions before she made herself look even worse. "Did you say you had a message to send? It sounds important. If you'd like, we can talk at another time so that you can go and deal with that. It's getting rather late and I don't want to impede upon that by troubling you with questions."

Kifo nodded with a soft smile and thought over what it could be like, the loneliness wouldn’t be much change for him. The life now wasn’t filled to the brim and buzzing with others about outside of his work and even then it was business and keeping others at bay. However there still was an unknown that set him at unease, pondering what would be harder, the finding of purpose and work outside of contracting himself out for assassination should the target meet his requirements or convincing himself that he could become ‘normal’? So many little things along the way to transition from one sort of life to another.

“I’ve taken a long time to see my debt wasn’t the debt of our people, just a share and a share that’s perhaps is no longer fair. The sins of our past shall be met by Kalahira, understanding I’d like to believe especially for those who’ve changed their ways and ways not entirely their own. Amonkira.... we’ve hunted long enough and shall be satisfied.... Arashu.... by her grace I think our share of happiness is the very least she can offer.” Kifo spoke offering a view he had come to consider over time, hoping he was helping Moreno then just rambling. Looking to her eyes, the way she seemed to respond to his touch and assurance based on his views of the killer and why they likely wouldn’t come for her. “Our gods ask less then our saviors..... A poetic end doesn’t feel right, not when they’d take a good boss to these barkeeps for a former life they never wanted. Anyways, you may not like them but you seem to have a way with words... poetry may just be a hidden talent.” Kifo added, becoming quiet and listened to Osayo.

He seemed rather surprised by her words and thought of him after she left. It didn’t quite feel like something he’d pull off though his self view was rather limiting. The more she spoke the more he chuckled a bit while holding back a frown here and there.
“I never quite saw myself the catch, I suppose I can see glimpses here and there of that view of life for me. Though I simply narrowed my scope and added to my work load, rather dulled my social skills and made those walls stronger as you might expect with this life. Upon reflection maybe there was a opportunity or two but I wasn't open. Funny how thinking of the other being happy makes us happy? A manner of coping and finding our way in this world. Anyways... .....” Kifo replied unsure how to respond without making things worse or taking too much of her time, instead moving to listen and silence himself realizing the hour as she mentioned it getting late. Gently with his hand tapped her hand with his finger with a nod of attempted reassurance. “Yes, I have kept you long enough.. I shall get out of your frills and let you return to your night.” He continued letting go of her hand and grabbing his glass, while a step back and smile accompanied nod followed in stride. The drell then turned for the door with a slight look back over his shoulder, “If you have more questions or simply want to talk... you’ll have ways to let me know.” Kifo spoke stepping out from her office and walking into the main room of the bar.

BarakaisBae BarakaisBae

~Osayo Koot~

"Take it easy, Kifo." Osayo called as he turned to leave. She watched him exit the room before letting out a sigh, looking down at her glass once more. The conversation had gone a lot better than expected. Slightly awkward at times but otherwise, to her at least, it was just like old times. Other than, of course, the fact her anti-assassin, anti-Hanar views had only grown stronger as the years went by. But she had made the choice to tone that down, as while his views had changed slightly, she wanted to keep the peace rather than bring up the way the Hanar took advantage of their race's gratitude and had caused them to forget a majority of their own culture just to list a few, long since having learned that voicing those opinions tended to drive other members of her species away the few times she'd run into them.

She couldn't help but chuckle to herself once he had gone, finding the fact he didn't consider himself 'a catch' humorous as a much younger, more naive Osayo would've heavily disagreed with that statement. It was more complicated for the older version of herself though, as she didn't really know how she felt or even how she should feel. Emotions are hard enough without a ghost from the past appearing. It had been years since they'd seen each other, but his heart was in the same place it was before and their conversations still flowed the same as they did long ago, their connection unbroken. But in the end, it didn't really matter how she felt. It would simply never work, especially if he continued to go down the path he was on so there was no point in letting thoughts such as that fester. She didn't care who it was, she wasn't gonna let a man drag her back to Kahje, or the Hanar, or into the assassin lifestyle. As the Drell mentioned earlier, she wouldn't give up her new life for anything, not even for her treasured friend, Kifo. She needed to remember this and drill it in her skull if she were to begin to feel the same emotions she once did, she told herself. This is easier said than done though.

Osayo waited a few more moments before walking out of her office, hoping her employee wouldn't notice she'd been in there with Kifo. Unfortunately, this proved false as she beckoned her over with a hand wave and calling out her name in a hushed voice.

"Hey! Psst, Boss!" Osayo was already rolling her eyes but humoured the young girl, who appeared excited and had a stupidly wide grin on her face. "So, I saw you went into your office with a guy..." Osayo could tell she was trying to whisper this, but she wasn't doing a very good job, speaking only barely below a normal inside voice.

"What about it?" Osayo crossed her arms and lowered eyelids halfway, unimpressed with what was said and what was going to be most definitely asked. This was not the first time she'd heard that sentence and she knew what usually tended to follow.

"I haven't seen him around before and I was wondering... So are you guys, like, a thing? Like you know, a thing? Together? Because I know you and that dude next door have a bit of a thing but I don't think you guys are a thing. You know what I mean?" The human put an elbow on the counter and rested her head on her hand, her eyes wide with curiosity.

"No, I have no clue what you could possibly mean, Emilia." Osayo replied, her expression and voice deadpan. "I swear, you girls always jump to conclusions and assume something is going on whenever I talk to a guy. It's possible to be friends with a man without feelings or physical stuff being involved, you know. It's also possible to be perfectly happy and single at the same time. You should try it some time, it's pretty enlightening and could help you understand the male psyche." She advised, drawing attention away from Kifo, as she doubted he'd like her giving out any information about him, false or otherwise. "Also, even if I did have a 'thing' with anyone at all, I wouldn't tell you because I know the whole Citadel would find out thanks to that big mouth of yours." She joked before Emilia could continue trying to push the matter further. "Anyways, I think you'll be good to close on your own tonight. If you need help with anything or have a problem or whatever, just call me and I'll try to hurry back as quickly as I can. Have a good one!"

With that, she walked out of the bar for the night and began to make her way back home. However, she paused in front of the pet shop next door, suddenly hit with a thought. It had felt good to open up to Kifo, but it had also reminded her of how hard it was to carry the burden of her secret, past life on her own. Kifo had been helpful in lightening the load, but he had already known and he was just one person. She wondered if maybe it was time to let a new person in to further lessen the load, have one less person to lie to. After all, she considered Cadogan to be a friend of hers and he had only shown her compassion thus far, so maybe he could be trusted. But he probably wouldn't understand what it was like to do something truly awful or what it was like to live with blood on your hands. After all, he was a pet shop owner, how could he possibly know the heartache of so much regret? He couldn't, could he? He was understanding from what she could tell, but everyone has a limit. It was a possibility she'd be seen as some kind of monster and as simply a murderer if she told him. But the idea of opening up to someone new for the first time in so long remained appealing. Osayo continued to stand outside the shop, staring at the door and becoming lost in thought.
(Tags: The Silent Z The Silent Z & (kind of?) CaptainSully CaptainSully )

… Kifo Tiat …

He gave nod as Osayo spoke of taking it easy, slipping into the bar and passing the counters to gently place his glass down upon the surface. Eyes, glancing around in habit of scanning the room and surveying those around him and the landscape that be his current setting. A long history reunited within moments of what began a series simply sitting down a table near the back, keeping the lightning of his choice to dim the view others had of him from greater distances then turned into what was a welcomed surprise and catching up, answers to questions. The walls, the hardened shell around his heart seemed left with a crack, as old feelings were slipping out through the crack and reminding the assassin-informant they never left.. problem was the feelings while true perhaps couldn’t be acted upon. No, it seemed clear his chance was lost long ago and it would only make things more complicated and hard to try now, especially when Osayo had a new life, a new business and new friends and perhaps more. The thought of standing in her way, returning into her life like a ghost thought gone long ago and complicate matters wasn’t a option he would entertain, it was best to be there for her if and when needed or wanted, but he'd remain the way he was and live the life he was intended to live.

Now came time to observe that spectre, though unawares of the chat over at the bar before Osayo left. Kifo stepped toward the front door and slipped outside upon noting the presence of the Turian spectre, Charlotte and Thalia.

The drells eyes observing as he took a step into the shadow outside the door and leaned back against the wall with a leg kicked up and heel flat against the surface, a hand slipping into his breast pocket and pulling out his vape. A short, crooked grin forming in the right corner of his mouth as his vape was placed between his lips, not long after a stream of smoke escaped him in release filling the air a bit. He thought of saying something but instead he refrained, taking some more time to let them speak and allow him a chance to observe a bit longer and take a more appropriate entry into the trios discussion. It was after all the polite thing to do and more his style to pop in when it was most opportune.

BarakaisBae BarakaisBae DiamondJack DiamondJack ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Epiphany Epiphany

nizXBuO.png
ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki DiamondJack DiamondJack
Charlotte looked thoughtful as the Spectre laid out his situation. It wasn't what she was used to, but then he was an alien operative of an alien governing body. Why would it resemble the Alliance and how humans did things? It still begged certain questions, though. How did Spectres usually operate when deployed on missions? Did the Council have a supporting intelligence network that fed intel to its operatives, leaving them to execute on that intel? Evidently not, or he wouldn't need them.

Unless for reasons unknown she and her wife were on a list somewhere...

Must be some kind of list. Charlotte's work on building a Blue Sun expose wasn't completely secret; by the very nature of conducting interviews and live followups, it risked the wrong people overhearing (or perhaps the right people). How else would a Turian who'd been on the Citadel for four days know about her work? Unless he'd sliced ANN. Or unless the Council already had a feed in place, which was both more likely and more concerning.

Thankfully, Thalia bought her some time.

As the two women stepped away for their private conversation, she raised her sculpted eyebrows at the gorgeous Asari and smirked slightly, once more struck by how unusual it was that humans were the only intelligent life out there with hair of any kind. "What do I think?" she said, echoing Thalia's question back. "I wonder why he has to assemble his own network of operatives when the Council presence on this station stretches back a few thousand years. I don't really understand how Spectres work, though. For a man who has been here four days, how do you think he came across our names? It's not much of a stretch for him to link you to the Crucifix case, since it's probably the most high profile crime wave going on, but my work on the Blue Suns hasn't been publicized at all."

"Which..." she paused, thought about it some more and suddenly the blonde woman looked grim. "Which suggests maybe he has access to Council intel data but doesn't want to make direct, personal use of Council intel assets. He's coming to a detective and a reporter, on his own. Maybe he thinks someone in his regular network's involved." Charlotte sighed and brushed a lock of blonde hair out of her face, tucking it behind an ear. "Which could make this risky for us. But also a hell of a scoop for me. I'm in if you are."

Thalia gave a thoughtful and uncertain "hmmm" at Charlotte's opinion. It was a pitty Charlotte didn't join the cops, she had the right mindset to be a great Detective. She knew from the moment she interviewed Charlotte, it struck Thalia as much as her beauty. She would never say it out loud but Thalia thought Charlotte was waisted in reporting but she understood why she rejected the role. "It is my feeling as well, something about his offer smells... What is the term? Ratty? I just have the bad feeling that we are gonna let in the Crusifix among us."

She smirked. "well he is better with us than someone else he would have an easy time in making a victim."She said trying to appear cocky and confident."When can keep him at arms length and look into his interest in the Crusifix. If he is legit than it can't hurt to have a Specter for extra muscle. The guy is no joke, the last victim was krogan Glitz. I know this violates our work personal thing but he just got you involved so... See what you can find out about him." She went to turn to the Specter paused and turned back to Charlotte."Of course be careful, I would say stay safe but you wouldn't listen to me."

She turned to the Specter and approched him. "Something can be worked out. This stays within the context of the Crucifix and nothing else. We share everything relevant to that and we don't pursue a lead or a major breakthrough without at least informing each other. You keep to the book as much as possible, I hear you become expedient on anything the deal is off. This is official investigation, not a personal vendetta. Undestood?" She looked at him with a firm resolute look that said."You may be a Specter but I lived centuries longer than you. I have learned and experienced a lot. l will not be messed with."

Epiphany Epiphany DiamondJack DiamondJack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back