• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern MASKED ROLEPLAY OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Okay so a few notes.

1. I am currently creating a lore page, where we will all contribute to! each concept that we introduce, such as angels, the Radiant, Children of Liberty, Guardian Initiative, etc can have a reply in that page where you can drop whatever notes you want about that concept. We will treat that page like a wiki with notes that are helpful for us to go back on, as well as providing information to any new players we might have in the future! You can freely edit these notes as you go, and we all have the freedom to contribute to it. Part of roleplaying would be to create these concepts and provide information for it.

2. For those of us that are prepared with the characters I think we can get started! I don't see any point delaying. could you all let me know your availability for the next month in term of activity for the first campaign. It appears we might have a smaller group as I initially anticipated which is fine.
SpotBandit SpotBandit , Hypnos Hypnos , Excal Excal

For the first campaign I thought we could focus a bit on setting the scene for the world by jumping right into a conflict. I thought we might use The Thane as the primary but hidden antagonist for the first while. So Hypnos Hypnos would be cool to get your input. The Guardian Initiative has collected information on many paranormal things throughout the years, and I thought that maybe in one part of its history, The Thane was actually a member of the organization under a different name, in pursuit of information on something called "The Lazarus Project". The first campaign would focus on the Thane organizing a lot of distractions by providing a certain gang (called the Headless, more notes below) with illegal high tech weapons from alien origin and the like. The goal is to break into a GID facility and steal the Lazarus Project file, as well as an artifact called the Confundanteur.

The Confundanteur, is an AUO (artifact of unknown origin), one of many that the Guardian Initiative Division has acquired throughout the years. Another example being Bianca's red blade. Not much is known about the Confundanteur - There is a staff that holds a rock which powers it, however the functionality of what it can do is determined by the small yet impenetrable vial of red liquid under the rock which gets used every time the staff is activated, which means the amount of times the artifact can be activated is finite. Therefore, the organization decided not to mess with the artifact until they had the proper technology to run secure tests on it. The only documentation given about the artifact is that it was responsible for creating what the stories call, a werewolf, by taking certain traits from a wolf and putting it into a human. Theoretically, the Confundanteur can copy any trait from any species, and give it to another. The Thane seems to have an interest in taking a trait from a certain species? perhaps an immortal being like an angel defined in Cupid's story?

The Headless, are a gang of trouble makers who identify by tattooing a dashed line around their neck. They are in no way important to the overall lore, but will serve as minor antagonists when the plot requires a little trouble. They recently became more of a threat after they mysteriously gained access to high tech weapons. They began going on a full on rampage out in the streets, terrorizing citizens as they test their new toys. The Guardian Initiative gets involved, and so do a few unlicensed heroes.

Let me know what you think and help me brainstorm some more ideas. Remember it's your story too :)

3. ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Elenion Aura Elenion Aura @Strategos @Rusty of Shackleford
You two are still completing your characters or revising, so let me know how that goes. Keep open communication with me so I know whats up.
If any of you need to withdraw, please let me know - don't keep me hanging please.

4. @SP3CT3R ach1lles ach1lles @ebrium
Please let me know if you are still creating a character. like I said above no hurt feelings if you want to withdraw but please don't keep me hanging.

Damn sounds wicked. I'm up for my character stumbling into these hooligans/assholes XD.

Ayup will contribute to my lore parts.

Availability wise I'm going on course after Apr 7 to June 8 so I'll be free to write in the evenings pretty much. Still may keep to a slow/few posts a week pace though. Not sure if any assignments or such will be there.

Alright so I am going to make the starting post today after work. After the first campaign we can open up again for new faces.
I will change my character to the doomed archetype as well so I will have to adjust her cs a bit.

The Outsider - Gabriel Atlas/Cupid SpotBandit SpotBandit
The Legacy - Thomas Wilbur/Byline Hypnos Hypnos
The Protege - Alexandra Constantine/Zephyra ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki
The Bull - Henry Williams/Ofanim Excal Excal
The Delinquent - Jay Natchez/Underworld Elenion Aura Elenion Aura
The Doomed - Bianca Ramírez/Agent Ruby KyleTok KyleTok
The Beacon -
The Janus -
The Transformed -

Please like this reply if you are ready to start and are going to be able to post at least once a day. I need to know before starting something and then it flops because of lost interest. If you want to withdraw, let me know. Please don't keep me hanging as I am putting a lot of effort into this :).

First post is up:

Also here is an example of how a post would look like!

Code:
[Border=0;
--bg:url(''); /* enter background image here */
--bust:url(''); /* enter your bust image here */
max-width:1000px; margin:auto][border=0; border-radius: 30px 30px 0px 0px; height: 580px; background-position: right bottom ,center bottom; background-size: auto 600px, cover; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-image: var(--bust), var(--bg)][border=0; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; text-align: center; color: white; background-color:rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.6); max-width: 700px;][font=Fredoka One][comment]

Post Info below
[/comment][fa]fas fa-mask[/fa] [URL='https://www.rpnation.com/threads/masked-roleplay-character.491595/post-10909600']Agent Ruby[/URL] ✦ [comment]
[/comment]Location ✦ [comment]
[/comment]Feeling determined. [comment]
[/comment][/font][/border][border=0; overflow: auto; text-align: justify; color: white; background-color:rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.6); max-width: 700px; height: 500px;]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
[/border][/border][/border]

Agent RubyLocation ✦ Feeling determined.

Last edited:
Good posts everyone! I'm super excited to start!

Hypnos Hypnos love your starting post haha you really set the tone to the type of characters we're dealing with.
Btw, for the character image URL you can just use the ones in your CS. I fixed it for you since it was cut out with a black outline.

I'm not sure what direction we can take to get everyone to slowly interact so you can RP with eachother but I'll put in suggestions under my posts when I see some paths. If you want to lead that on your own please do!

Nice! First interaction on me.

I'll wait for SpotBandit SpotBandit Cupid's response though given your suggestion under the post, but I'll have Henry point out that the 'blind' aren't totally blind but just very low vision/near sighted, but he caught enough details to help give a general descrip and point her in a general direction. He would then follow her at a distance, worried for her safety, assuming he didn't talk to Cupid first.

And I was thinking at first him defending himself by stating he got caught in some supe crossfire and ended up with a permeant sunburn tan that made him look like an orange dorito 'like that Trump fella on that dragon pitch show' kek. But yeah I'll let Cupid get the attention off his skin and then have him point out his helpful observation

Last edited:
Excal Excal I feel like you might have been left in a bit of a limbo per a response post haha, so let me know if you'd prefer I play out the Officer's actions or if you're good to go first.

Done gave an if or if not response fork. ALSO I noticed your new drawing for Henry thank you :D!

Done gave an if or if not response fork. ALSO I noticed your new drawing for Henry thank you :D!
Haha you're welcome. I love that I can edit everyones posts on this so I can add random visuals here and there.

Hypnos Hypnos question, what would skylines costume be like? does she have a skirt or is it exactly like Bylines? (asking for secret reasons)

Hypnos Hypnos , Elenion Aura Elenion Aura and ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki
I didn't have the NPCs interact with you yet since I didn't see an opening, so I hope you still have some writing materials or ideas to progress with for now.
Something I wanted to discuss:
  1. If sometimes you deem its appropriate for you to skip a round because there isn't enough content for you to write with or there is no one you need to respond to, you can let me know in here (OOC)! that is totally fine and it would make sense sometimes if nothing substantial happened for you to work with. That being said, I ask you do not skip more than one round at a time.
  2. I know I am leading with a storyline with the NPCs, but please feel independent in writing; you can create your own stories here too. You can decide there is a fight that broke out between protesters or perhaps you just started talking with a stranger. You have free range to control your own created NPCs on the spot. So be creative and have fun with this! (You could even implement your own side story to this that you plan to progress slowly throughout campaigns.)

Haha you're welcome. I love that I can edit everyones posts on this so I can add random visuals here and there.

Hypnos Hypnos question, what would skylines costume be like? does she have a skirt or is it exactly like Bylines? (asking for secret reasons)

Hypnos Hypnos , Elenion Aura Elenion Aura and ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki
I didn't have the NPCs interact with you yet since I didn't see an opening, so I hope you still have some writing materials or ideas to progress with for now.
  1. If sometimes you deem its appropriate for you to skip a round because there isn't enough content for you to write with or there is no one you need to respond to, you can let me know in here (OOC)! that is totally fine and it would make sense sometimes if nothing substantial happened for you to work with. That being said, I ask you do not skip more than one round at a time.
  2. I know I am leading with a storyline with the NPCs, but please feel independent in writing; you can create your own stories here too. You can decide there is a fight that broke out between protesters or perhaps you just started talking with a stranger. You have free range to control your own created NPCs on the spot. So be creative and have fun with this! (You could even implement your own side story to this that you plan to progress slowly throughout campaigns.)
I was thinking that it'd be probably be almost the same as Byline's with the colours inverted: throw in a skirt too just for some flare.

Don't really have much in mind for Alex, she will more likely keep her distance and look at the crowd until something happenes. She might stand out a bit so someoen can approuch her either hero or security npcs.

I was thinking that it'd be probably be almost the same as Byline's with the colours inverted: throw in a skirt too just for some flare.
Check your post I added little something
Don't really have much in mind for Alex, she will more likely keep her distance and look at the crowd until something happenes. She might stand out a bit so someoen can approuch her either hero or security npcs.
So you're skipping a round? asking so I know whos posts I should expect before posting as NPCs again. goes for you Hypnos Hypnos and Elenion Aura Elenion Aura .
I just ask that you only skip 1 round at a time.

Check your post I added little something

So you're skipping a round? asking so I know whos posts I should expect before posting as NPCs again. goes for you Hypnos Hypnos and Elenion Aura Elenion Aura .
I just ask that you only skip 1 round at a time.
All good for you to skip over me as well: but I'll endeavour to get something out tomorrow at some point.

This feels akin to showing up to a party with a half-baked cake, but uh... better something than nothing, right? (Apologies for all that delay, btw, a relative needed help moving before my province shut down.)

I still have three pages worth of bullet pointed backstory to get through, but the TLDR of it is that Elias does more research into Maphis, who's waters are being poisoned and in an attempt to save the people who are dying, concentrates the poison and drinks it. It sounds rather stupid, in retrospect, but I'm open to improvements and/or adjustments in lore, so just hit me up! (Also, KyleTok KyleTok , I noticed that Agent Ruby ended up taking over the role of the Doomed. Do you want me to change mine? It would really be no hassle to shuffle around some details, and if you end up rejecting it, I understand that too.)

This feels akin to showing up to a party with a half-baked cake, but uh... better something than nothing, right? (Apologies for all that delay, btw, a relative needed help moving before my province shut down.)

I still have three pages worth of bullet pointed backstory to get through, but the TLDR of it is that Elias does more research into Maphis, who's waters are being poisoned and in an attempt to save the people who are dying, concentrates the poison and drinks it. It sounds rather stupid, in retrospect, but I'm open to improvements and/or adjustments in lore, so just hit me up! (Also, KyleTok KyleTok , I noticed that Agent Ruby ended up taking over the role of the Doomed. Do you want me to change mine? It would really be no hassle to shuffle around some details, and if you end up rejecting it, I understand that too.)
I’ll have to take a look a bit later today, got a busy day ahead.

Question for everyone else. How would you like to handle scenes with multiple players? Since writing a conversation can be very hard and stale if you try to write a post for reply after reply.
Someone suggested you create the conversation on discord, but I know not everyone is using discord.
Would you want to do it in a group in dms?
I’d you have any suggestions lemme know.

mostly thinking about the scene now with SpotBandit SpotBandit Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Excal Excal and my npc.

Hypnos Hypnos and ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki this is probably a good place for your characters to interact in the brawl.

Last edited:
I’ll have to take a look a bit later today, got a busy day ahead.

Question for everyone else. How would you like to handle scenes with multiple players? Since writing a conversation can be very hard and stale if you try to write a post for reply after reply.
Someone suggested you create the conversation on discord, but I know not everyone is using discord.
Would you want to do it in a group in dms?
I’d you have any suggestions lemme know.

mostly thinking about the scene now with SpotBandit SpotBandit Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Excal Excal and my npc.

Hypnos Hypnos and ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki this is probably a good place for your characters to interact in the brawl.
I'd do specific group scenes in DMs personally. There isn't much outside of that on RPNation that can be done if it's exclusivity you're looking for.
Side note, I'm thinking of writing a response after Elenion Aura Elenion Aura so Jay can react to the new company (and because I feel like in terms of the reply chain going on, I would've posted too much since the last Eleon posted was before my response) . If they don't have much time to respond today then I'll go ahead and write an interaction between Cupid and Jay.

I hope everyone is going to be okay to collaborate since I don't want these scenes to be all wonky. Another alternative is that on these scenes we can just do short posts? not sure what everyone would prefer.

I have an idea what to write next I just want to make sure I am able to accommodate everyone's ability to participate in the scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back