• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern MASKED ROLEPLAY OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

KyleTok

¯\_( ͡❛ ͜ʖ ͡❛)_/¯

hTyHhge.png

c1xMIbf.png

Welcome to the MASKED OOC page!

MASKED is a comic book themed superhero roleplay inspired by MASKS RPG. This is a non dice twist on the game where we just write SHORT stories in campaign format to explore many aspects of the world that our characters introduce. Each character of MASKED is based on an archetype that leads as a prompt for story telling and direction for us to follow in the upcoming campaigns. Each campaign will be named and logged, and kept as a reference to past events! If you are interested to know more about the Archetypes, please visit our character pages.

This is a semi advanced RP that focuses on longer posts, often with in-depth plots, character development and extensive settings/lore. You must make a dedicated effort to minimize typographical errors and to use good grammar. Generally two paragraphs are enough.
DISCORD LINK

Last edited:
Hi SpotBandit SpotBandit ,

Sorry if my message is all over the place, I am writing it as I am reading your app.

First of all, great entry. I really enjoyed reading this.
However, to ensure quality for the RP there are a few adjustments I'd like to as you to consider.
The purpose of the archetypes is to create characters that expand the universe we are in. Your character's history is pretty clear to be from an entirely different universe, which could be a bit of a blocker. Instead of us having to fit our characters to the universe, the universe is molded based on our characters. The way I see it, you have just defined this world's version of heaven and hell, of angels and demons. Humans on earth can still think angels look like humans with wings, but you just defined what angels REALLY look like - and that's amazing. By doing that you have presented your contribution to the roleplay's universe, and now we have a defined heaven and hell -- and that's how I want you to approach this. Because these concepts you are defining are not meant to be only accessible to you, as you make them available for everyone else. Maybe someone wants to write about an encounter with a demon, which would be a great way to tie in some elements that you just introduced. I hope I am making sense, basically what I am saying, make this OUR universe, rather than a completely separate one.
There is one thing I do like to make sure you keep - the god you created not being able to reach earth would probably be the smarted approach to this.

EDIT: ALSO, if you want this "heaven" to be a special dimension of sorts and you don't want it to be considered THE heaven, you can do that too. But that dimension should be within the same universe to allow stories to draw points from it in the future. I just want to stay away from the multiverse concept.

I'm glad you added a picture. Your art is awesome, I really like the design of angels, and how Cupid looks. You managed to deviate from the classic superhero costume idea and yet still remain in concept that would fit a comic book of the sort.
Really good job on the hands, I always struggle with drawing hand gestures and you managed to make it both beastly and elegant at the same time. really cool.
I like that Cupid disguises himself as human, and the names threw me off haha. His human name is the alter ego! my brain glitched trying to understand why it was flipped at first.

Really fun personality, I'm going to have fun challenging him.

I don't have any quarrels with the powers.

I like the Idea of Orion. He will be a great antagonist for a future campaign! Great set up, and leaving a lot of room for other characters to perhaps having have run into him before but not knowing what he is?? Lots of ideas flowing.

Last edited:
Hi Hypnos Hypnos !
Awesome entry. I love the whole origin from world war 2. Jay Wilbur really feels like he fits the mold of a superman like character in this universe, and the rivarly between Byline and Skyline could be a really fun element to explore. That being said, I would love to know more about Skyline - your family is famous, so as other players create their characters, it would be good to know more so we can keep the lore we're creating cohesive. I would also like to know the impact of Skyline being the first female in that lineage - does she struggle with a sexist crowd? or does it allow her to receive more support than her brother?

The Children of Liberty - This excites me because this definitely opens an element that others can add to as well. So I would ask you to elaborate on this team a bit if you want some details about it to be set in stone, otherwise I think it would totally be fair if another character mentions that their grand uncle or something was also part of the children of liberty. Adding historical groups like that to the character lore is really important so that I can then bring it out of the character background and make it official lore of the RP.

The Thane and Nazi Human experimentation. I think this needs a little more elaboration too since the thane has a pretty strong presence in the worlds history if he's lived for that long. Who is he? what are his motivations? is he famous for being the Headliner's nemesis? or do the Headliners keep him a secret of sorts? Did he create more individuals like the headliner who he sends out to commit crime? I need to know these things so I know what kind of campaigns I can bring him out to.

Doctor Disaster. I think more information on him is needed too so we can maybe use him for future campaigns, unless you don't plan to share that enemy with others.

The reason I am asking these questions like that, is because I want you all to write your details in a way that others can pick from. There is no official lore, because you are creating the lore with your characters. So you just introduced some AWESOME elements imo. It would just be good to clear up some details about them so it's easier to pick up lines from your page and put it into others. I tend to ramble on so I hope that makes sense.

So core elements I am stealing from you to add to the main lore :)
  • The Headliner Legacy. Francis Boston Wilbur (Franciszek Wolski), Boston Howard Wilbur, Jason (Jay) Francis Wilbur. All names that are now part of the history books.
  • Jay Wilbur scandals around him revealing his true identity under the mask. This would be a REALLY good detail for other players to include a mention of in their stories too, since this would obviously be a big deal around the country, or the world.
  • Children of Liberty - One of the first (maybe THE first?) large scale superhero teams. A group that received mass support from the American government as a symbol of the great virtues of America. What year would you say this group was founded in?
  • Nazi Human experimentation. I think this is something we can explore more.
Really fun read. Let me know if you need help with the character art.

Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford
Ben is a fun character, but I think he's a little too blank slate - what I mean by that, his story doesn't affect the lore at all. The only element I can make a point out of in the lore and try to create a campaign out of, is the Metro-North Incident, where we can reveal there was more to it than just a random accident he was in. But that's all I could really draw out of it. Even your nemesis is barely world bending.

Don't get me wrong, This is not necessarily a bad thing, I just want to make sure I have enough content to challenge your character with. - but I'm wondering if there is something else we can spice the character up with a bit with. It's ok if not, maybe his story is going to rely on meeting the other characters, where he learns new things and gains new enemies. Would be cool if we explore a bit more why Ben survived the accident when everyone else didn't? Is there a hidden figure he noticed while crawling toward the conduit outside of the wreckage? was there maybe a strange device on the conduit that caused the charge? Maybe it was all really random but Ben could find out that he had a hidden gene that was waiting to awaken? Again, you don't have to do any of the suggestions but it would be good to have something concrete to draw out of your character into the overall lore of our world.

Maybe it's nothing from the above. A story element you can contribute is maybe the power glove uses technology he stole from some tech company, or not stole maybe he based his glove on a specific type of cybernetics. I'm just looking for anything really.

I do like the survivors guilt in his personality, that gives me some mental things to challenge him with.

In the relationships section. Would be good to maybe add a best friend NPC who you shared the truth of your powers with, the lone road approach might get too boring for you.

The power section is fine, but with the nature of his power it would be good to describe his weaknesses as well.

For your Nemesis, she's fine. Heads up, one of the challenges I'll create for you is definitely reveal her identity to Ben to shock him a little, without revealing who Conduit is to her. Which will put him on a one sided conflict :)

Hi SpotBandit SpotBandit ,

Sorry if my message is all over the place, I am writing it as I am reading your app.

First of all, great entry. I really enjoyed reading this.
However, to ensure quality for the RP there are a few adjustments I'd like to as you to consider.
The purpose of the archetypes is to create characters that expand the universe we are in. Your character's history is pretty clear to be from an entirely different universe, which could be a bit of a blocker. Instead of us having to fit our characters to the universe, the universe is molded based on our characters. The way I see it, you have just defined this world's version of heaven and hell, of angels and demons. Humans on earth can still think angels look like humans with wings, but you just defined what angels REALLY look like - and that's amazing. By doing that you have presented your contribution to the roleplay's universe, and now we have a defined heaven and hell -- and that's how I want you to approach this. Because these concepts you are defining are not meant to be only accessible to you, as you make them available for everyone else. Maybe someone wants to write about an encounter with a demon, which would be a great way to tie in some elements that you just introduced. I hope I am making sense, basically what I am saying, make this OUR universe, rather than a completely separate one.
There is one thing I do like to make sure you keep - the god you created not being able to reach earth would probably be the smarted approach to this.

Oh yea, sorry! I think I had at one point wrote down asking if it would be a good idea to have Heaven/Hell be part of the universe everything would take place in, but I guess I accidentally deleted it while editing Cupid's backstory. From what I gathered, simply make the two realms a part of the main campaign's world? I must note though that the accessibility to said dimensions is only tied to beings who can properly interact with them (EG. an angel or demon having access to either dimension and thus can bring along people who cannot access them), however said demons/angels are capable of being on Earth by their own will (I'd imagine demons would be the main ones that go to Earth, given that after what the angels had gone through, they would probably just want to hunker down in Heaven) meaning that encounters with them could be completely feasible. Is this good?

Also yea, I don't intend to have Cupid's god be able to access Earth. I found it too overbearing as a concept and it would be hard to toy with fun ideas given that they could just magically be fixed by some omnipotent deity (essentially to use him to stop absolutely everything would just make him a Gary Stu). His power and reach are exclusive to Heaven.

I'm glad you added a picture. Your art is awesome, I really like the design of angels, and how Cupid looks. You managed to deviate from the classic superhero costume idea and yet still remain in concept that would fit a comic book of the sort.
Really good job on the hands, I always struggle with drawing hand gestures and you managed to make it both beastly and elegant at the same time. really cool.
Many thanks! I was hoping that Cupid's design wasn't too eccentric or he wouldn't properly fit the world's theme, but now that he's done I admit that he must be my favourite character design I've made thus far. The hands were thankfully pretty easy to do, though that's only because they're massive bird claw hybrids instead of actual human hands which are the worst thing ever to draw.

(I'd imagine demons would be the main ones that go to Earth, given that after what the angels had gone through, they would probably just want to hunker down in Heaven) meaning that encounters with them could be completely feasible. Is this good?
Yeah. From the way you wrote it, and I kind of like it that way, Angels probably didn't go to earth unless instructed to. So encounters with angels was probably extremely rare in the history of men, and it's why humanity has depicted angels incorrectly in their literature and art. Demons, however, try to escape through any crack I'd imagine and wreck havoc on earth. And since demons come in so many different forms, depiction of them is a lot more accurate. Plus I have a feeling at least one more character is probably going to involve demons in their story, so this would be a good way to relate both of your characters. PLUS, I am now working on my character, and shes very old, so I am going to write her as having had encounters with demons - maybe with angels if I get a clearer picture of what it would be like.

The next step for me is to figure out if this is something we're going to compile with magic or not.

instead of actual human hands which are the worst thing ever to draw.
Lol yeah you're gonna see my art, I never fully draw hands I only draw the shape of them,

This guy has some good tutorials on drawing body parts, there is a comment with the time links to the specific parts of the video where he does the tutorial.

Yeah. From the way you wrote it, and I kind of like it that way, Angels probably didn't go to earth unless instructed to. So encounters with angels was probably extremely rare in the history of men, and it's why humanity has depicted angels incorrectly in their literature and art. Demons, however, try to escape through any crack I'd imagine and wreck havoc on earth. And since demons come in so many different forms, depiction of them is a lot more accurate. Plus I have a feeling at least one more character is probably going to involve demons in their story, so this would be a good way to relate both of your characters. PLUS, I am now working on my character, and shes very old, so I am going to write her as having had encounters with demons - maybe with angels if I get a clearer picture of what it would be like.

The next step for me is to figure out if this is something we're going to compile with magic or not.

Lol yeah you're gonna see my art, I never fully draw hands I only draw the shape of them,
All good! I'll edit Cupid's backstory so the mentions of his world label it as a realm that shares connections with Earth rather than a new universe. Also yea, angels wouldn't venture down to Earth unless they had a reason to or were instructed too, otherwise they sort of just chill in Heaven doing their own thing. Demons would venture up to Earth to toy with humans, cause chaos or generally just be nuisances (since they've been banished from even stepping foot on Heaven and thus can't toy with the angels anymore), and given there isn't a god on Earth to punish them, then it'd be their ideal situation where Earth is essentially their sandbox.

Also I'm really keen to see these coming characters and how they've associated with demons-- assuming it comes to fruition. Working character and world dynamics is a rewarding thing to see.

KyleTok KyleTok Thanks! I've written up some more lore to clarify and expand upon a few of the things that you asked about:

Stephanie Wilbur - Skyline
Steph Wilbur has always been the more competent of The Headliner’s pair of young proteges, mostly due to her superior physical aptitude to her brother, and her drive to be the best. She is considered an experienced young athlete and a role model to young people, something which has often put her at odds with her much sloppier younger twin brother. Though the two of them do get along in a roundabout way, much like everything else in their lives, their sibling rivalry has grown to super proportions.

Steph has always thought that the unspoken idea that Tommy would be the one to take on the mantle of the Headliner merely because he was male is incredibly unfair, especially since she is the older sibling, as well as the more skilled, and more experienced. The Headliner himself has never actually commented overtly on when, or to whom, he intends to pass his mantle on to once he retires.

Cuthwine of Winwaed - The Thane
An immortal Thane from the era of the Heptarchy, Cuthwine of Winwaed has had nothing if not time: cursed to walk upon this earth for all eternity by some ancient magics long since forgotten. At first, his burden had seemed to be more of a blessing: a feudal ruler whose line could never be ended, for he himself could never end, and the vast fortune and level of influence that he amassed was unparalleled by any of the peers of his age. Power and money could only get a man so far, however, and through the next century or so Cuthwine witnessed first hand much tragedy and disappointment. All of his children predeceased him, alongside all those that he called friends. His King was slain in battle with Norsemen from across the seas. Then the King after that. Then the King after that. Cuthwine had enough sense to shelter his gold and resources, however none of it was enough to make up for the stark realisation that his longevity would condemn him to forever see all those that he held close die around him, the world ever shifting whilst he remained the same.

Which started him out upon his eternal quest. The quest to defeat death itself.

Whilst Cuthwine had already found a way to forever resist the beckoning call of death, he wanted to extend such a privilege to everyone else as well. Humanity would grow past this endless cycle of life and death.

After that, he started to travel, across Europe, down to Arabia, through Persia and into Asia and then all the way back again, searching for the secret towards his own eternal life so that he might share it with the world. His goal was noble, though methods proved less so, and whilst for his own day, the Thane might have been considered a tolerant and benevolent leader of men, time began to pass him by quickly. Throughout his journey he amassed much knowledge, scientific, alchemical and mystical, though his quest has thus far proved to be fruitless at yielding his ultimate goal.

Cuthwine has adopted many new identities over the years, be it that of a noble, an advisor, a lowly peasant or an industrialist, though the pursuit of knowledge without morality has often led him to consort with some less than savoury individuals. Those who would be more inclined to encourage his search for eternal life.

It is here that The Thane made his greatest breakthrough. Under the name of Dr. Johannes Zeigler, Cuthwine had been involved with the Nazi Regime of Germany, abusing their loose morality to find subjects for his experimentation into human life. Most of his research resulted in failure, but one subject in particular proved an abject success: a fascinating specimen who dubbed himself the Headliner: an advanced and exalted human. Immortal? Perhaps, or perhaps not, but the progress that was made in Germany was so much greater than any of his experiments before.

Since then, Cuthwine has taken on dozens of other identities, employing some minor sorcery in order to always avoid recognition by those who do not know what they are looking for. His fascination with The Headliner and his ilk has often led them to conflict, as well as his continued search for the answer to the question of eternal life, and though he has been defeated many times, he has never been captured.

Beauregard Arthur - Doctor Disaster
Considered a joke within both heroic and villainous circles, Doctor Disaster is little more than a common crook, whose claim to fame was a series of successful bank heists in the mid 2000s, the success of which he has since been completely unable to replicate. Disaster possesses low level telekinetic abilities, a fact which he has long used as a demarcation of his superior mind, though in application these powers are used for little more than tossing heavy objects, and spooking those not used to the supernatural.

His poor reputation has been earned from a long career of failure, which has mostly involved losing fights to younger and junior heroes. It has become almost a running joke that Disaster has somehow managed to maintain his heightened sense of ego for so long, despite having not seen any real success in over a decade. As a grown man, he has fought upon numerous occasions against both Byline and Skyline (who were young teenagers throughout the majority of their encounters) and has dubbed himself Byline’s archnemesis, despite protests from the young hero himself. Regardless of these failures, Disaster continues to come back, time and time again, and his ability to convince other villains to help breaking him out of jail in spite of his own uselessness seems to be his most significant skill.

The Children of Liberty
The Children of Liberty was a union of Superheroes that was founded in the late 1960s in order to combat global international threats that challenged the very safety of the planet itself. The CoL was founded by many of the established heroes at the time, including Boston Wilbur’s Headliner II, and over the years fought against mystical, extra-terrestrial, and interdimensional threats. Despite their close ties to the US Government in terms of partnership and cooperation, the CoL was not a political entity, and obtained from participating in any conflicts between nationstates, something that was contested by some of the members of the group.

Eventually, the members of the CoL started to grow older and retire, and the team was officially disbanded in the mid 1990s.

Hypnos Hypnos
Thanks for all the info! good read. I like skyline a lot.

And you know what, I absolutely love Cuthwine of Winwaed - he would play a really good role as a character a lot of elements tie into. I'm creating a character too, and My character introduces an organization called the Guardian Initiative and I'm thinking to write a past encounter between them and the Thane. Also that character is now virtually immortal too, so she could maybe draw his attention?

The Guardian Initiative Division is an espionage, special law enforcement, and counter-terrorism agency with worldwide presence that deals with paranormal and superhuman threats to international security. Although the organization was founded around the 60s, it actually existed before under a different name: The Illuminati. It's members, the enlightened, rejected faith and religion in pursuit of truth. When they encountered paranormal entities, they did not settle for the existing texts of faith trying to explain the unexplainable, and instead chose to learn more about it, to adapt to a world that's becoming more and more chaotic. Throughout the years, the organization had infiltrated most governments - and after certain superhuman individuals were used as weapons in the Vietnam War, the illuminati re-introduced itself into national security as the Guardian Initiative - meant to recruit super powered individuals to defend the world. Now the organization seeks out heroes, licensing them so that law enforcement would not intervene, giving them specific rights that apply only when their masks are on.

I'm kind of wanting to use that organization as a tie in between a lot of elements between different characters. I was already thinking to propose for Boston Wilbur to have had an arrangement with them in the past - and maybe with them getting themselves involved when Jay revealed his identity to the public. I was thinking there would be a Mask-On Doctrine that states for heroes to never reveal their true identity, because when their identity is revealed, the crime rate increases with attempts to harm them. While Jay Wilbur is able to fight off any attacks on his family, other heroes might not, and besides not all crime would be directly on his household in hopes to harm him - crimes can be motivated to be executed in his name or something. So it can be fun if the Guardian Initiative were an annoying nuance to the Headliner.

I would love for the CoL to have been the first Legitimized superhero group, having recieved an official license by the Guardian Initiative as the country's guardians.

Let me know what you think of these ideas.

I like Doctor Disaster, totally a good comic relief mechanic there haha.

Excal Excal
Ok so you are bringing in elements around religion, specifically Christianity. It's a cool take on how the religion would look in a world with super powers. You defined new beings, species you could say, the Radiant, something that one can apply to become. It would be really cool if SpotBandit SpotBandit can be connected to this as well, as he brought in angels and demons - although both your characters are entirely different, the idea of faith intersects here a bit. I am curious if maybe The Radiants of Christ are aware of angels -REAL angels, the one that is defined in Cupid's story.

Secondly, The Radiants of Christ seem to be a global organization with somewhat similar influence to the Guardian Initiative Division organization I created, over political affairs around super powered individuals. Interestingly enough, the guardian Initiative focuses on separating faith and religion from science and data - so this makes me wonder if maybe both organizations have a rivalry of sorts, constantly getting in each other's way. The RoC giving people superpowers would definitely be something that the GID would want to regulate under the law. Let's discuss this and brain storm together how we can connect them!

What exactly is ofanim? I might be getting a little confused reading about it. Are they not the same as Radiant?

Could you explain to me what exactly happened to him? Is it some sort of magic, or is it twisted science masked as divine blessing? Did he lose his faith in what he believed in through the process? Sorry I think I might be over thinking but I'm just confused from reading toward the end. I would like to know why he decided to run from them - and would like to know if they are actively pursuing him. What about them made him realize theyre BAD.

Also, after drawing his character, I noticed you only mentioned the glasses and folding cane are only mentioned in appearance - it could be good if you explain it in personality as well, since that's the behavior other players can expect from him - to pretend to be blind.

Also, I think you were insinuating that people were brainwashed, am I correct?
those who failed still acquired employment and the prestige of serving the luminescent organization in another capacity. Rarely did people 'quit'.
Is the process turning them into cogs working for the high church? if so, is this something that outside forces could be suspicious of?

Blessing Brown. They're important for your character, they are the person who remind you that you are not just a weapon, and that you are better than what 'they' made you. I would like for them to have a little bit more. It would be fun to include them in our campaigns as a recurring character who gets more involved in all the chaos I have planned. Please tell me more about her :).

Also, is Charles Goodfellow a character thats supposed to be known? like would he be in history books? could this be information other characters can be aware of? If so I will add him to the lore.

Overall - I LOVE this character. This is a VERY unique take on The Bull. As I was reading it at first I was worried you were gonna deviate from what the archetype was supposed to be, but toward the end the character fit it perfectly in a unique way - honestly good job I really enjoy this take on it. The main things I am going to steal and put into the main lore are:
  • Radiants of Christ organization.
  • Radiants (ofanim?)
  • The role the high church of christ has in this world.
Let me know if I'm missing something important.

Powers are good. Would be good to maybe include his weaknesses as well since he's a bit on the hard to take down side.

Last edited:
Excal Excal
Ok so you are bringing in elements around religion, specifically Christianity. It's a cool take on how the religion would look in a world with super powers. You defined new beings, species you could say, the Radiant, something that one can apply to become. It would be really cool if SpotBandit SpotBandit can be connected to this as well, as he brought in angels and demons - although both your characters are entirely different, the idea of faith intersects here a bit. I am curious if maybe The Radiants of Christ are aware of angels -REAL angels, the one that is defined in Cupid's story.

Secondly, The Radiants of Christ seem to be a global organization with somewhat similar influence to the Guardian Initiative Division organization I created, over political affairs around super powered individuals. Interestingly enough, the guardian Initiative focuses on separating faith and religion from science and data - so this makes me wonder if maybe both organizations have a rivalry of sorts, constantly getting in each other's way. The RoC giving people superpowers would definitely be something that the GID would want to regulate under the law. Let's discuss this and brain storm together how we can connect them!

What exactly is ofanim? I might be getting a little confused reading about it. Are they not the same as Radiant?

Could you explain to me what exactly happened to him? Is it some sort of magic, or is it twisted science masked as divine blessing? Did he lose his faith in what he believed in through the process? Sorry I think I might be over thinking but I'm just confused from reading toward the end. I would like to know why he decided to run from them - and would like to know if they are actively pursuing him. What about them made him realize theyre BAD.

Also, after drawing his character, I noticed you only mentioned the glasses and folding cane are only mentioned in appearance - it could be good if you explain it in personality as well, since that's the behavior other players can expect from him - to pretend to be blind.

Also, I think you were insinuating that people were brainwashed, am I correct?

Is the process turning them into cogs working for the high church? if so, is this something that outside forces could be suspicious of?

Blessing Brown. They're important for your character, they are the person who remind you that you are not just a weapon, and that you are better than what 'they' made you. I would like for them to have a little bit more. It would be fun to include them in our campaigns as a recurring character who gets more involved in all the chaos I have planned. Please tell me more about her :).

Also, is Charles Goodfellow a character thats supposed to be known? like would he be in history books? could this be information other characters can be aware of? If so I will add him to the lore.

Overall - I LOVE this character. This is a VERY unique take on The Bull. As I was reading it at first I was worried you were gonna deviate from what the archetype was supposed to be, but toward the end the character fit it perfectly in a unique way - honestly good job I really enjoy this take on it. The main things I am going to steal and put into the main lore are:
  • Radiants of Christ organization.
  • Radiants (ofanim?)
  • The role the high church of christ has in this world.
Let me know if I'm missing something important.

Powers are good. Would be good to maybe include his weaknesses as well since he's a bit on the hard to take down side.

I'm glad you like him! I'll address points in order:

1. Their awareness of any real angel/demon order would depend on how real they are. If they're the sandman/american gods esque beings sustained by faith and myth, then probably not too much. If they're literally real, as told in the bible, then, mmmm, depends still. All in all no more than anyone else probably. If they met them they might actually discredit angels as demon spirits, because the ofanim are actually alien.

2. Oh yes I was reading your GID and wondering how they'd interact.

I'm thinking, since the Radiants appeared somewhat around the same time (after WW2), maybe a few years after GID and the first public supes, and their whole angle is a big PR spin for Christianity and their process or comversion, I was thinking they'd actually be very cooperative with the GID, as they are with the international american military.

With the caveat that they retain complete internal control and definitly don't work with GID beyond following their mandates. So there is friction. I was thinking actually that they 'loan' individuals of their organization out to others, so their people qould be dispersed throughout military, government, corporate, etc, but all would heve their 'denomination/faith' be the Radiants and so still loyal to them, evem though the Radiants aren't technically a faith.

3. Ofanim mythically refers to the angels in Ezekiel that appear as interlocking winged disks with eyes on their surfaces, said to be a lower sphere of angels that mete out jusitce.

In this world they are alien artefacts with an inner and outer disk made of an strong alien metal, that have semi organic eyes along the outside surface, and a luminescent orb in the middle. The main one is the size of a person, but there are smaller ones the size of baseballs.

They origin from an authoritarian, expansionest transhumanist/cybernetic theocratic alien civilization that has the aesthetic of a catholic angel order, and the culture of radical Islam/Gnosticism. They believe that they are divine souls sent by God into a sinful material world (a world that used to be a fallen angel that stole an essence of creation to become a world unto itself like a devil pantheism, their belief) to redeem it via civilization/technology. They're all 10ft tall titan cybernetic bronze men/people, they used to be organic but won the Last War of their world and ran a cybernetics eugenics program.

They expand by sending out these ofanim devices across space that convert local populations into either docile servants or mini bronze people, and the cult them sends out a signal. Think genestealer cults from warhammer 40k.

So big bads, potential future villains.

The actual process of converting is done by a slow mind takeover through proximity that culminates in a mental link that wipes out the self. Its super effective on religious/open minded people that can buy into its visions but skeptical peopke have a grace period where they can pull away and nope out. Hence the 6 month monastic training to prepare and weed out any fakes/spies. Very rarely do people become bronze men though, and reason why is unknown, alien tech and all. The rest become 'enlightened' serene mind zombies that retain personality on the surface.

3. What made Henry realize theyre bad is his suspicions of their behaviour. He subverted their psychological breakdown training via his theatre techniques and when it came time to commune with the ofanim artefact he woke up his true self and that fucked with the mindwipe (they breakdowm people beforehand so the commune is near instant, he wasn't brokendown). The artefact basicalky scans, links, and atomic-ly reconfigures people based on its own internal logic. He got the bronze blessing but he managed to snap out mid-mindwipe. This hasn't happened before so he broke out of there in hysteria and bolted.

He is on the run and he is hunted, he's a major asset and knows their secrets. Only the blessed can be bronzed so he's a big pr crisis. Hence why he moves among the homeless, with a sweater and hood and mask and thick glasses and pretending to be a blind man in public to throw the chase off.

4. Yes i was going to write him going through a period bitter nihilistic depression in the middle of his paranoid schizo episodes during his year of running before being taken in by Brown. And once she helped him calm down and find himself again he worked his way back into an existential version of his faith and a stoic outlook. Do a reconstruction scarred but hopeful hero instead of a grimdark deconstuction hero.

5. Brown's basically based off that combat medic vet from the punisher tv series, I'll flesh her out more as the rp goes yeah. I'll figure more traits out in abit.

6. Goodfellow is famous yes and presently alive. There is no high church of Christ however, the Radiants are kinda like the Redcross, they profess no loyalty to any denomination and help all Christians. They try and be very PR/civil minded in their operation on the public.

7. Weakness wise I suppose I can include him being weak to corrosive powers/elements like metal would be and easier to freeze over although he can store up alot of heat within himself (so he's conductive? Easy heat and energy in - easy heat and energy out).

KyleTok KyleTok
Sounds good! I think an encounter between The Thane and the GID could definitely be interesting. They have a similar modus operandi, considering they both do a lot of shady and immoral stuff in the name of their own ideals of a greater good, so philosophically, they seem like they could go hand-in-hand together in some ways.

As for the Headliner stuff: sure. Boston and the Children of Liberty could definitely have had a loose affiliation with the GID back in the day, at least in terms of licencing, though since the team was intestinally supposed to be very apolitical, I wouldn't think they'd be too directly interwoven.

Jay Wilbur on the other hand would definitely be fervently against having anything to do with working alongside any self-appointed enlightened secret society, especially one that actively kills people. Maybe he could have worked with them in his early years, and then his unmasking could be a part of a large scale falling-out behind the scenes? Mostly hush-hush to the general public, but the people involved very much no longer get along.

KyleTok KyleTok Just wanted to point this out because I've been looking at Bianca's CS as it's been updating, but the BBCode for her sheet looks really cool! I also really like how you can click either her real name or alter ego name and it changes her appearance to suit who you're looking at. It looks sick haha

SpotBandit SpotBandit
Haha thanks! I am planning to let everyone use it, just still working on it - I'm also still working on her CS, changing some stuff about her to make her an example.

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki
lets have that discussion here.
You have a few options I know of like charactercreator.org, meiker.io, Picrew.me and some more I'm sure you can find online.
I do offer a help making one using vector assets!
1616535393488.png
I do draw most of it myself but at least the base is already provided, so I can make these for free.
Here is an example I made for Excal (The Bull archetype).
1616535490267.png

SpotBandit SpotBandit
I’m gonna try to find a way for Cupid’s full wings to show in the CS, but at least in the IC post since we wanna make it look like a visual novel with characters on the side, I’ll make sure that the full image is shown even if the block of text has to be a tad translated over the glory of his wings :p

Also if you wanted, you could add another tab on the CS for images where you can show the full images, and another tab for extra notes - you don’t have to follow the CS to a T and allowed to modify it to your needs. (If you want I can edit it for you and add 2 tabs, one called Gallery, and another called Trivia for the two different spoilers you included - would be cool to have the CS show outside of the spoiler for that one.)

Also I wanna say I love your art again, just saw the civilian bust.

Last edited:
SpotBandit SpotBandit
I’m gonna try to find a way for Cupid’s full wings to show in the CS, but at least in the IC post since we wanna make it look like a visual novel with characters on the side, I’ll make sure that the full image is shown even if the block of text has to be a tad translated over the glory of his wings :p

Also if you wanted, you could add another tab on the CS for images where you can show the full images, and another tab for extra notes - you don’t have to follow the CS to a T and allowed to modify it to your needs. (If you want I can edit it for you and add 2 tabs, one called Gallery, and another called Trivia for the two different spoilers you included - would be cool to have the CS show outside of the spoiler for that one.)
All good! I have no experience with BBCode at all, so I'd have no clue how to make two extra tabs for Cupid's art and trivia. Could you please code it? BBCode goes over my head entirely and I've never dabbled with it outside of re-aligning my text. ^^'

KyleTok KyleTok
Sounds good! I think an encounter between The Thane and the GID could definitely be interesting. They have a similar modus operandi, considering they both do a lot of shady and immoral stuff in the name of their own ideals of a greater good, so philosophically, they seem like they could go hand-in-hand together in some ways.

As for the Headliner stuff: sure. Boston and the Children of Liberty could definitely have had a loose affiliation with the GID back in the day, at least in terms of licencing, though since the team was intestinally supposed to be very apolitical, I wouldn't think they'd be too directly interwoven.

Jay Wilbur on the other hand would definitely be fervently against having anything to do with working alongside any self-appointed enlightened secret society, especially one that actively kills people. Maybe he could have worked with them in his early years, and then his unmasking could be a part of a large scale falling-out behind the scenes? Mostly hush-hush to the general public, but the people involved very much no longer get along.
Would you be down if our first campaign introduced the Thane? I think it would be a good place to start since we wanna establish a premise to a superhero world, and The Headliner is a very good representation of the classic superhero vibe we wanna go for. I'm still thinking of ideas but would be fun to brainstorm together.

Would you be down if our first campaign introduced the Thane? I think it would be a good place to start since we wanna establish a premise to a superhero world, and The Headliner is a very good representation of the classic superhero vibe we wanna go for. I'm still thinking of ideas but would be fun to brainstorm together.
Yeah, definitely. I'd be down for that.

Last edited:
Okay so a few notes.

1. I am currently creating a lore page, where we will all contribute to! each concept that we introduce, such as angels, the Radiant, Children of Liberty, Guardian Initiative, etc can have a reply in that page where you can drop whatever notes you want about that concept. We will treat that page like a wiki with notes that are helpful for us to go back on, as well as providing information to any new players we might have in the future! You can freely edit these notes as you go, and we all have the freedom to contribute to it. Part of roleplaying would be to create these concepts and provide information for it.

2. For those of us that are prepared with the characters I think we can get started! I don't see any point delaying. could you all let me know your availability for the next month in term of activity for the first campaign. It appears we might have a smaller group as I initially anticipated which is fine.
SpotBandit SpotBandit , Hypnos Hypnos , Excal Excal

For the first campaign I thought we could focus a bit on setting the scene for the world by jumping right into a conflict. I thought we might use The Thane as the primary but hidden antagonist for the first while. So Hypnos Hypnos would be cool to get your input. The Guardian Initiative has collected information on many paranormal things throughout the years, and I thought that maybe in one part of its history, The Thane was actually a member of the organization under a different name, in pursuit of information on something called "The Lazarus Project". The first campaign would focus on the Thane organizing a lot of distractions by providing a certain gang (called the Headless, more notes below) with illegal high tech weapons from alien origin and the like. The goal is to break into a GID facility and steal the Lazarus Project file, as well as an artifact called the Confundanteur.
Comnf.png

The Confundanteur, is an AUO (artifact of unknown origin), one of many that the Guardian Initiative Division has acquired throughout the years. Another example being Bianca's red blade. Not much is known about the Confundanteur - There is a staff that holds a rock which powers it, however the functionality of what it can do is determined by the small yet impenetrable vial of red liquid under the rock which gets used every time the staff is activated, which means the amount of times the artifact can be activated is finite. Therefore, the organization decided not to mess with the artifact until they had the proper technology to run secure tests on it. The only documentation given about the artifact is that it was responsible for creating what the stories call, a werewolf, by taking certain traits from a wolf and putting it into a human. Theoretically, the Confundanteur can copy any trait from any species, and give it to another. The Thane seems to have an interest in taking a trait from a certain species? perhaps an immortal being like an angel defined in Cupid's story?

path26161-8.png

The Headless, are a gang of trouble makers who identify by tattooing a dashed line around their neck. They are in no way important to the overall lore, but will serve as minor antagonists when the plot requires a little trouble. They recently became more of a threat after they mysteriously gained access to high tech weapons. They began going on a full on rampage out in the streets, terrorizing citizens as they test their new toys. The Guardian Initiative gets involved, and so do a few unlicensed heroes.

Let me know what you think and help me brainstorm some more ideas. Remember it's your story too :)

3. ThatGuyWithSouvlaki ThatGuyWithSouvlaki Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Strategos Strategos Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford
You two are still completing your characters or revising, so let me know how that goes. Keep open communication with me so I know whats up.
If any of you need to withdraw, please let me know - don't keep me hanging please.

4. SP3CT3R SP3CT3R ach1lles ach1lles ebrium ebrium
Please let me know if you are still creating a character. like I said above no hurt feelings if you want to withdraw but please don't keep me hanging.

Yes, I am! Sorry, unexpected matters came up and I was unavailable for a while, but hopefully, I'll be able to complete it by tonight! Sorry about all that.

You two are still completing your characters or revising, so let me know how that goes. Keep open communication with me so I know whats up.
If any of you need to withdraw, please let me know - don't keep me hanging please.
I thought I mentioned all was done or do you have something i need to do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back