• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern 𝕄𝕒𝕣𝕧𝕖𝕝: Civil War

fin

"all i do is finesse, man."

• the marvel universe

a comic book roleplay.

The Marvel Universe.

A world filled with gods and monsters, men bestowed with power beyond measure, mad scientists pushing the way we comprehend the world as a whole.

The Universe of Marvels is filled with heroes, men, and women, protecting the Earth against unforgiving foes. On the flip side of this coin, the power present quickly corrupts others. Lawbreakers looking out simply for themselves run rampant, terrorizing our universe with use of the extraordinary. In this world filled to the brim with illustrious wonder; with people bestowed with the capability for mass destruction, there lies a choice for those exposed to gamma radiation, or worthy of lifting Mjolnir, or simply intelligent enough to make a dent against even the most formidable.

The question lies here, and now. With the endless possibilities, who will you be? Friend or foe?

Arc One: Civil War

When an otherworldly power is introduced to the powered beings of the Marvel Universe... one bearing a controversial outlook on peace-keeping of the Earth, and the worlds we know it, friends will turn enemies, criminals heroes, and the unlikeliest of bonds will be formed through it all.

It is inevitable.

There is a war coming.

Miscellaneous

1. Due to the fact that there are many significant marvel buildings/teams/monuments situated in New York State, this will be the primary location that Marvel Universe will take place. Off-world/intergalactic travel is still available and encouraged.

The RP begins in 2049, 30 years or so after the golden age of superheroes. This is not a Young Avengers RP, but it will be relatively fresh.

2. Marvel is an immersive universe meaning that our cast will be filled with a variety of characters from street-level heroes to formidable villains. The power-scaling is moreso up to the writer, so long as you can make an interesting plot to follow it and provide weaknesses to counter the powers. Said weaknesses don't always have to be physical, and might also be psychological, emotional, etc. Powerless characters can also be as captivating as their uber-powerful counterparts.

Too many characters of the same abilities (especially those supposedly rare/uncommon such as speedsters, Asgardians, demigods, etc.) will lead to more of those characters being cut. On the flip side, species such as mutants and humans are much more common and receive more leeway (mostly because they're often more diverse in themselves).

3. The age bracket for characters Marvel Universe RP is 18 and above. These can come in all different shapes, sizes, and occupations.

4. Each applicant is allowed to make up to 2 Characters. This rule might be modified depending on interest.

5. Playing canon characters is accepted. Each applicant is allowed a maximum of 3 characters, a maximum of 1 Canon Character.

There will be situations where a canon character might be already in use for plot purposes and so on these occasions, unfortunately, you might not be able to use certain characters. These instances will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.

6. The Marvel Universe RP's main focus is providing an open-world experience in a world that we all know and love. During the roleplay, members will be given the opportunity to explore the universe, create plots and missions of their own, and ultimately create strong bonds with OC's and canon characters established in our world.

We encourage the creation of sub-plots and growth throughout the RP.

7. The Marvel Universe RP takes inspiration from a variety of Marvel Sources. It takes inspiration from Earth 616, the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and the comics. There is no one set lore we are following, simply pulling at elements we enjoy.

8. The MCU juggles a number of themes including Action, Horror, Romance, Comedy, and more. Nothing has to fit a certain status quo so much as the greater universe.

RULE ONE. As per every roleplay, please follow all RPN rules. Whilst all sorts of themes might be present IC, it is mandatory that you treat each and every member of this roleplay, and the acceptance process with respect. No drama or bullying will be tolerated.

RULE TWO. This is a mildly advanced roleplay and so literacy is a must. We expect good grammar, literacy, and a strong ability to progress the umbrella plot as well as push stories of your own. No one-liners. 2+ paragraphs are expected per post, more if possible. As always, Quality>Quantity.

RULE THREE. If you are interested in applying for this RP, please be willing to be active. 2 replies a week should be the minimum, with some OOC activity. The Discord link is provided on the last page of this interest check. Know that although Discord is open during the application process, unaccepted applications will, unfortunately, be removed from the server.

RULE FOUR. This will not be first-come, first-serve. Characters will be accepted on an application basis. The doors to MURP will never be closed as applications are always welcomed, and reviewed for acceptance. No matter the time.

RULE FIVE. Realistic face-claims only.

—THE AVENGERS. The Avengers Initiative was a program created by Nick Fury. A back-up plan for Earth's back-up plan. Their last line of defence. Contrary to popular belief, the Avengers do not all reside together. They are more of an on-call assembly of heroes when world is in desperate need.

—THE X-MEN. The X-Men do not operate as actively as in their past. Much rather, Jean Grey has pushed the organization from protectors itching to prove themselves to the world like Charles' vision once was, to a sanctuary where mutantkind can reside without discrimination. Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters focuses on control, and community, rather than training to become an X-Man.

—THE FUTURE FOUNDATION.The team's impact in scientific research, and protection of the world grew significantly. An MIT graduate, Peter Parker (Spider-Man), would join their ranks and fortify the Future Foundation was an innovate group of superhero scientists.

They work unmonitored by government interferance and are recipients of 5 Nobel Peace prizes between Reed Richards, Sue Richards, and Peter Parker. The Baxter Building continues to operate as a research facility and their base of operations.

—THE BROTHERHOOD. The Brotherhood is an organization of mutans created by Erik Lehnsherr (Magneto) to fight against the status quo concerning mutants. Magneto believed that in no world should mutants be treated as second-class citizens, recruiting mutant followers that believed in the same ideology.

—S.H.I.E.L.D. S.H.I.E.L.D. was a highly classified vounter-terrorism espionage organization devoted to protecting the world from worldwide threats. It operated in secret in opposition to HYDRA. S.H.I.E.L.D. solved and eliminated the issues in the world before they even sufficed. HYDRA's infiltration of S.H.I.E.L.D. in 2015 left the organization splintered, and trust in them very fragile. To keep their status with the US Government, SHIELD splinters into two factions: SHIELD as one knows it, dealing with Earth based threats, and SWORD dealing with space based threats.

Although unmentioned, there is a vast number of other hero and criminal organizations in the Marvel Universe.

Last edited:
25a.jpg

Already thinking I might have a decent concept for a character.

Well hello there, good lookin'

Does the work of artists like Alex Ross count for realistic faceclaims? It's the most realistic a lot of lesser known characters have.

this is very tempting ,,, especially after the new suicide squad trailer dropped (different universes ,,, same hype)

just curious - are the links in the interest check supposed to work, or are they currently down? just noticed that the CS link wasn't working, and I didn't want to check the discord one and join something I wasn't meant to pop into.

this is very tempting ,,, especially after the new suicide squad trailer dropped (different universes ,,, same hype)

just curious - are the links in the interest check supposed to work, or are they currently down? just noticed that the CS link wasn't working, and I didn't want to check the discord one and join something I wasn't meant to pop into.
I don't think they've made them yet, they're just the spots for when they are made

calypso calypso yeah as firemaiden said! should be in the next day or so, so stay tuned! Feel free to join the discord if you wanna bounce ideas off of people

calypso calypso yeah as firemaiden said! should be in the next day or so, so stay tuned! Feel free to join the discord if you wanna bounce ideas off of people
ty! (to you and firemaiden) I saw you could click them, but figured they were either down on purpose or something might have gone wrong.

I'm very much in, just gotta decide between a Hawkeye type char or a Gambit type char

Users who are viewing this thread

Back