• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Finished [Marauder's Cove] Pirate Booty Job

Novama

Elder Member
Mentions: NeramoDJI NeramoDJI Elvario Elvario Moonberry Moonberry 1Lucker 1Lucker
OOC: I took some liberties with the opening narration. Rp will run on a 4 day schedule, so post at least once in the 4 days but feel free to post more and in any order so long as its not twice in a row. talking and communicate to each other your plans on posting. Nothing worse than a week going by and no posts appearing because everyone is waiting on someone else to post. If that happens, I'll close the thread. Current plan is to run the rp a little over a month. Rounds may go faster if everyone posts at a decent pace.
Time: evening
Weather: stormy
TLDR: party in a tavern discussing a job that would unite them all for a time while the weathers storms outside
Post Listening:

Drunken Kraken

1705285353558.png

The day was waning into a dusky evening, casting long shadows across the bustling Marauder's Cove. Amidst this hive of activity stood the Drunken Kraken, a notorious tavern known for its raucous clientele and dubious reputation. The tavern's wooden structure, weathered by salt and storms, bore the marks of many a rowdy night. Inside, the air was thick with the scent of spiced rum and roasting meat, mingling with the salty tang from the sea.

In the far corner of the tavern, a large, round table stood slightly apart from the rest. It was there that the disparate group of individuals found themselves drawn, as if by some unspoken agreement. The table was worn, its surface etched with the names of sailors long forgotten, and the floor around it was sticky with spilled ale. Most of the patrons opted to keep and eyes and ears on their own business, but looking around inevitably garnered anxious glances from dangerous men.

Each at the table would have been there due to promises given to them in advance. The who varied, but the promise was the same: you'll get what you want for a job complete. Davito was told by an anonymous benefactor that, for the right price, they could share dirt on House Rothmar's associating with criminals. The price tag was high enough he needed to make a killing and quickly. Zahrah had heard about salty happiness before. What better place to make friends and connections of those with the salty happiness than on an island where the air and people all smelled of the sea. Izzy's wonderings would eventually bring her to the island. Needed money and there was a particular crowd she seemed to fit in with more than others. Ultimately, this place was like a salty sweet memory that promised to give her the money and allies she was looking for. Zeke and Stella would be overseeing the little gathering. While Zeke presented the job to the party he was attempting to recruit, Stella would be loafing about in the rafters or occasionally cleaning up drinks and food left by others. Like the others, Zeke was also there for something or someone in particular. A large sum would be required to secure the services of one who could make his dream ship. One such individual would be on the market soon and this job would ensure the opportunity was not missed.

As night fell, a storm began to brew outside, the sound of thunder mingling with the sea's roar. The tavern's patrons paid it no mind, accustomed to the capricious weather of the cove. But for party, the storm seemed to herald the beginning of something. In the flickering candlelight, the group would be able and encouraged to exchange introductions, each aware that the night's conversation could alter the course of their lives.

The job was relatively simple despite the risks posed: Sail out to a point known by Zeke. Locate a place called the Shimmering Depths, known to be treacherous waters. Dive at specific location to secure any relics or treasures to be found there. Then return to Marauder's Cove where a Ball hosted by powerful nobles and merchants would hold an auction where they could sell off anything they find for massive sums of Rykes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zeke "Mors" Valdain
1705294738388.png
The man of the hour was seated in a corner booth, a smoking pipe in his mouth as he slowly lit it with a match lit by dragons fire. Even with the poor lighting, some might think his skin was charred with molten cracks within it, before turning to normal when he sat further into the light. He glanced over the various cut throats and scallywags in the tavern, relaxing some to the sound of the stormy weather. Winds of Change, one of the most comforting sounds he knew of. He'd been on the road for quite some time, but it was all coming to a head now. Ups and downs certainly, but he was used to such things.

He enjoyed seeing Stella play along the rafters, as he smoked his small pipe and polished his saber. The Shimmering Depths were something he was surprised no one had ever looted before, the name itself implied endless treasure. But perhaps it was the danger that might be the deterrent there. He glanced around, sheathing his cutlass and standing up with a stretch. "First Mate Stella, would you mind kindly updating me on the status of our crew?" He said with a small grin on his face, that usual confidence spilling through now that he was finally back in his element. "Any rambunctious potential undermining curs that may need to be made an example of?"

Tavern

Izzy

DALL-E-2024-01-15-01-35-40-A-mature-vagabond-woman-in-a-medieval-pirate-tavern-depicted-in-an-anime.png
Izzy leaned back in her chair her boot resting on the table and rocking her back and forth. Her eyes were closed, as she listened to the ramblings of the crowded tavern. Squabbles over whose turn it was to pay the tab. Or whose particular fault it was that the last job hadn't gone quite according to plan. It was all so, nostalgic to her. She tipped the chair so that it slammed back down onto all fours. And as she did, she slapped the table with her palm. Her eyes opened to reveal honey golden irises that flicked around to those gathered at the table. Her hair was shoulder length, a dark chocolate brown. But it was shaggy and unkempt. Her skin was a tanned color, like she'd spent quite a number of days in the sun. Her usually scowling, pouty lips spread in a warm smile. She lifted the palm she'd slapped down and spoke, in a friendly manner.

"M'name Issabella. But, call me Izzy. I've got some experience training under a doctor on a ship. Sa if'n yeh need someone t' fix y'up I'll do it. S'long as y'll pr'vide the drinks. Who'vers buyin. " She pointed to the gathered and grinned, lifting her mug to take her last swig. "Which'nya fochs'is goin'next?"

Last edited:
Zahrah Fiore

N7LUreZ.jpg

AI created thing loosely based on:
Astolfo
Mentions: Novama Novama | Zeke NeramoDJI NeramoDJI | Izzy Moonberry Moonberry
Languages: Common

Zahrah was struggling. They had been faced with the antithesis of all they stood for twice over. First, the poor sad snake dying in their arms. How could they not feel disheartened from such a failure to bring happiness? They were hugging it and trying to cheer it up, but no, others had decided to set it on fire and burn it down instead. Poor sad snake...

That wasn't the only issue. They'd failed yet again, not too long ago. Their plans had been so ambitious and they could've been so great! Who wouldn't want an ethically responsible meat source as a friend and ally? They'd almost convinced it that hugs were better than killing, yet something had gone wrong yet again. Yet again, their allies had decided to burn the potential friend.

What was it with people and burning whatever they couldn't befriend easily? Zahrah felt like they'd been forced to be giving up too early and easily both times. Surely... surely they could've done more to befriend the sad snake and meat goop! It's why they'd been wandering around, pondering about life's toughest questions. Mostly the burning of monsters, but still, it was a tough question! Even so, they couldn't give up that easily... so they continued. If they couldn't find a 'sweet' ending to ensure happiness, perhaps salt was where it was at. That's what eventually led them to where they were arriving right now.

However... there was one thing they were more interested in. Rumours of an old friend they'd presumed dead still being alive had started to float around. To their surprise, those rumours were actually true! They'd spot Zeke the moment they entered, from the other side of the tavern and weren't quite about their finding. “Mister masculinely handsome manly man!” They'd recognise those naturally cultured looks immediately. “It's true! You're alive!” They rushed over as they'd attempt to hug Zeke. “I really thought you'd have died after those terrifying terrorists took over the ship and the whole ship sunk and my cotton got all soggy and salty and I couldn't find anyone after and I thought everyone would be dead!!!”

Although they'd lost a few friends, it was also good to see someone had survived against the odds! “I'm so glad those terrorists didn't manage to get you! There was even some weird hostage play going on that turned a bit too real and there was fighting and all that! It was terrible! I only just managed to join the [Mile High Club of Happiness] as well!” They rattled on about their awful experiences then and there. “Did anyone else survive that?”

Last edited:
Davito Aranda

_270bd1cc-5aee-4bdc-8259-5a8556fb52e9.jpeg

Davito tensed up at his surroundings, unused to this type of people. Though he had traveled far, none of this was remotely similar to the strict discipline that he had grown up with. He had seen many a person eye his gear on the way to the tavern, something that he was used to by now. An army's weapons were uncommon out this way, and made him stick out like a sore thumb. As he took a seat, he noticed that the other people at the table seemed to fit in among the noise and grime, and once again, Davito questioned whether or not these... pirates... would be able to get the money in time.

With the rumbling of the storm outside growing louder, Davito leaned forward into the light of the candle. "My name is Davito. I... was a knight. I'm trained in the sword, though I haven't been at sea before. I'll fight whatever you need me to." He looked seriously at the faces of those gathered. "I look forward to working with all of you." He took a deep drink from his mug and smiled. "When do we start?"

Last edited:

Lyrian
IMG_5350.jpg
Lyrian was the last to arrive, a lanky young man in leather armor with his hood pulled low trying to keep out the rain. Still dripping wet from the storm, he pulled it back revealing golden hair and elf ears as he took in his surroundings. Once he saw the lively atmosphere inside he was just slightly less intimidated by the rumors he'd heard of how shady this place was. This was the first time he'd even reached the coast and he was eager to prove he could handle a real job in this world. He tried not to stand out too much as he scanned the tavern for someone fitting the captain's description, not an easy task in a bar full of pirates, then swallowed any nervousness and joined the group, "I heard you were looking for extra hands on your crew. Name's Lyrian, I just got into town and I'm happy to help however I can!" He watched everyone's faces hoping it was the right table and he didn't just embarrass himself, "If you're still looking I mean.."

Zeke "Mors" Valdain
1705294738388.png
Zeke glanced down at the sudden hug, not used to the feeling of hair against his unbuttoned chest as it took him a moment of thought before he laughed. He placed a hand on Zahrah's head, glancing down. "Ahh, if you're not a sight for sore eyes. You think a few ruddy ship robbers would be enough to put old captain Zeke down below the waves for long?" He said, chuckling a bit as he glanced down at the small plush creature. "Just a quick trip to the pearly gates and they had me ticket punched to come right back." He said with a chuckle, lifting the much lighter Zahrah up and placing her up on his shoulder. Normally he wouldn't be one for such affection, but denying this particular... individual that kind of affection right now might draw more attention than he would prefer.

"Oy, piss drunk doctor, you as well. I lost my last doctor in an... unfortunate accident, you'll be needed." He said, sheathing the cutlass he had been polishing while he held Zahrah up on his shoulder, before rolling his head a bit. "I'll buy you all the drinks you want after we get this job done. As for you two-" He continued, glancing at the two boys who joined them at the table, grinning a bit as he looked them over.

"You'll do fine to patch up the missing spots in the crew then. Looks like we ought ta be fine. With what we got here now." He said, dusting off his captains hat with his hand idly, looking them all over. "S'pose the only step now is to let you all get your things together before we head out."

Izzy
The woman sat, leaning on her elbow and watching the gathered. Looking at the two young men, neither of them looked like they'd spent a week at sea. A small smirk split her lips at her own quiet thoughts. Her attention was mostly on the short and adorable girl that was latching herself to the "Captain". Not that she'd been trying to eavesdrop exactly, but their history seemed fairly colorful. A small flag of concern rose in the back of her head, that maybe she was getting into something she couldn't get out of later. But the man with the bare chest had just offered to buy all her drinks after the job. That was enough to spread her lips in a full grin. She pushed herself up from the table, or maybe she was holding herself up. There was a slight wobble in her stance.

"If'n Ye' say so. "Cap'n" She grinned and took a few wobbly steps forward, reaching up and poking her finger up towards the plushie on his shoulder. "Jes' don' be havin' aneh more've those 'unfortunate accidents.'" She smirked, waggling her finger at the adorable girl for no apparent reason other than she must be drunk. "S'onleh sa' much I kin'sew ahp. ye'know." She winked at the girl with pink hair. She turned then, to look at the two young men, and with the grace of a drunk woman, she blurted out the question on her mind. "Either've ye' ever'ven t'sea b'fore anehways? Cuz ye' dunnae lookit. Yer' skins' goin'ter boil."

1Lucker 1Lucker NeramoDJI NeramoDJI Elvario Elvario Spacecowboy Spacecowboy Novama Novama

Last edited:
Zahrah Fiore

N7LUreZ.jpg

Astolfo
Mentions: Novama Novama | Zeke NeramoDJI NeramoDJI | Izzy Moonberry Moonberry | Davito 1Lucker 1Lucker |

Zahrah was a tad surprised by being lifted and thrown over Zeke's shoulder. Thanks to their only slightly below average height, they'd balance for a moment before ending up hanging across Zeke's shoulder like a sack of potato's. They didn't seem to really care, however, as they happily kept chatting. “Oh, are your eyes sore? That sounds bad~ I'm sure there should be some healing magic that can fix that! Oh, oh, I still have to learn healing magic to spread happiness!” They reminded themselves of a thing on their to do list. “Pearly gates? That sounds really fancy! Did you go to a rich person's place?” They asked, rather curious to learn more.

That's when they realised there were others to introduce themselves to! They climbed around Zeke's arm before eventually doing a flip and landing back upon the ground, from where they scrambled to get up and move over to look at Izzy from up-close. “Oh my~” They stated, as they looked back at Zeke, then back at Izzy. “Are you two related? You've really got those extremely handsome rugged looks going for you! It's really neat!” They stated happily. “It's a pleasure to meet you, handsome possibly sister of Zeke!” They stated, attempting to grasp Izzy's hand to shake it, having thrown in a little [Smooth Talker D] for good measure.

To their surprise, their was a third... or maybe not. They'd get up close to Davito to study him a bit more. “Hmhm... definitely handsome, but in a more cultured, rather than a raw and natural manner.” They concluded. That said, they did spot something else. “Oh my, sir, you really have an amazingly fancy outfit! Such an exotic fashion choice! I love it! Can I touch it?” They asked, hoping to try to see if the weird points on the shoulder guards were sharp or not. “So many leather straps and buckers and thingies... Does it take a lot of time to put all this on? Such outfit coordination surely takes a lot of time and effort, right, right? That's so cool!” They stated, throwing in a little [Smooth Talker E] for good measure.

Finally, their attention moved towards the Elven fellow (Lyrian). “Hello there mister Elven man! There's no need to be nervous! I'm sure we'll all good people! Right? Right?” They asked the others. “I'm always looking for new friends! Friends are good for happiness, after all!” They replied, assuming that was totally what the Elf was asking about when he asked if they were still looking. “Is it me, or are Elves like, totally always pretty looking?” They asked, to nobody in particular. “Anyhow, it's a pleasure to meet you, Lyrian~” They eventually stated, throwing in a little [Smooth Talker F] for good measure.

That's when they realised they forgot to the 'the thing' again. “Oh me, oh my! I have yet to introduce myself! I'm sorry!” They stated, as they made a theatrical bow to everyone. “I'm Zahrah Fiore, I'm a Happinesses Researcher, proud member of the Mile High Club of Happiness, a Redcliffe Contributor, Hero of Ravenswood Village, Saviour Of Shiku no Mura, Convict Converter, Solution Seeker, Bird Post and Loved by Outcasts! I'm also pretty good at Acting and I've got this Tin Whistle!” They introduced themselves with glee.

De – CD 0/1
Ee – CD 0/0
Fe – CD 0/0

Smooth Talker D – Character Grade D, Appraisal D, Empathy D, Insight D, Performance [Acting/Singing/Dancing] D, Persuasion D, Seduction D, Energised D Languages [Common, Terran, Beastial, Sylvan, Monster, Analog] – Character combines whatever (meta)knowledge they can find out about someone with persuasive, empathic and seductive smooth-talking, acting and spoken word in an attempt to make others act according to their will. Character speaks to them in whichever (of the main) languages they are most comfortable with. - Grade D Energised – 1 Post Cooldown

Smooth Talker E – Character Grade E, Appraisal E, Empathy E, Insight E, Performance [Acting/Singing] E, Persuasion E, Seduction E Energised E Languages [Common, Terran, Beastial, Sylvan, Monster, Analog] – Character combines whatever (meta)knowledge they can find out about someone with persuasive, empathic and seductive smooth-talking, acting and spoken word in an attempt to make others act according to their will. Character speaks to them in whichever (of the main) languages they are most comfortable with. - Grade E Energised – 0 Post Cooldown

Smooth Talker F – Character Grade F, Appraisal F, Empathy F, Insight F, Performance [Acting] F, Persuasion F, Seduction F Energised F, Languages [Common, Terran, Beastial, Sylvan, Monster, Analog] – Character combines whatever (meta)knowledge they can find out about someone with persuasive, empathic and seductive smooth-talking, acting and spoken word in an attempt to make others act according to their will. Character speaks to them in whichever (of the main) languages they are most comfortable with. - Grade F Energised – 0 Post Cooldown

Last edited:
Ul Dyril
IMG_2024_01_12_01_06_52.jpg
Character Sheet
Titles: Fae, Elf, Otherworlder, Too Many Lifetimes, Intermediate Isekai
Novama Novama Moonberry Moonberry Elvario Elvario NeramoDJI NeramoDJI Spacecowboy Spacecowboy 1Lucker 1Lucker

Ul had heard of pirates, obviously, but hadn't ever had to deal with them much other than them being antagonistic at times within past lives. At the thought of spending time in a potentially new environment might give her a little insight into the workings of different magics and existences in this world, perhaps to find some way to learn the element of water for magical usage as well.

"
Okay, Ul, just find the place, go in with the confidence that you've been there a thousand times, find whomever you nosed about and overheard, go on pirate adventure. Shouldn't be too difficult" Ul spoke to themselves in prep as she could see the sight of what looked to be the Drunken Kraken, coming to a slow as something felt a little off.

"
Could've swore that I could-" she mumbled before breaking out of panic and stumbling to reach her leg onto the floor so that she wouldn't proceed to fall off the bike, realising that she indeed was much taller before. At least, tall enough to ride. Sighing, she hesitated on the idea of leaving it outside for the moment and not trusting the fact she was in a place with Marauder in the name and deciding to just walk it in with her like it was nothing out of the ordinary. People probably wouldn't know what it was anyway.

Wheeling the dirtbike into the tavern as she eyed the place to try and determine who or what it was she was actually looking for, a 'large, round table that stood apart from the rest', you know however a table of normal people stands out in a bar of other people. Maybe except the girl with the vibrant pink hair that could probably be seen in a pitch-black room. Walking over and calming herself with not much swagger at all in her stride, but like one who had practised in the art of not wanting to look like they were emotionally invested or in sync with anything as they did any little action at all, she approached the group and looked generally around to see whom was with them.

Seemed as if three men and two women made up the party present, although the blonde's young face felt like it wasn't doing him justice in comparison to the two more older and experienced looking men who were also present. It felt like he wasn't much of a pirate at all, although with the looks and feel of things she wasn't sure how many were actually pirates. Quickly moving her eyes past the sight of Zahrah before Ul burned out her retinas at the sight of her hair colour, Ul blatantly stared at Izzy with the blankest and most spaced out expression before she had even said anything before softly and quietly uttering a few small words as she never broke eye contact.

"
She's gorgeous... definitely would," Ul answered blatantly before addressing all the people at the table.
"
Greetings, I have heard a little information from the winds that you may be up to something soon enough that may take you on a quest or even on the waters. It may not be much, but I am in the hunt for... something, and would like to join you and help your efforts if that's alright with you beautiful people" Ul answered as she gave a small bow in gratitude. She wasn't expecting the visual quality of people that she'd find in a pirate tavern, with it being much higher than she was thinking. Even for the flamboyantly coloured damsel whom must have been their foglight or something, seemed cute enough. Realising that she probably seemed out of place to have suddenly shown up, she made sure to address that the thing she brought with her was not some weird, dangerous thing. The thing she originally had come for was primarily for learning and research, but eye candy was a pretty good bonus.

"This is... m-my... pet stag. He's special" Ul awkwardly answered as she patted the handles of her dirtbike that she had been wheeling it by.

ulbike.jpg

Actions
1. Using Ul's Dirtbike to show up.
2. Ask Nicely about joining and that Ul is totally normal to be here.
  • Ask Nicely - Ul uses the power of social convincing, compliments and being nice to persuade someone - Persuasion(F), Seduction(F), Leadership(F) - Grade F - 0 Post Cooldown

Last edited:
Mentions: NeramoDJI NeramoDJI Elvario Elvario Moonberry Moonberry 1Lucker 1Lucker Femboy Femboy Spacecowboy Spacecowboy
OOC: make sure to focus on recruiting and discussing the job. next scene is intended to be the job, so we want to make sure we loosely have an idea what what is to come before we warp out there.
TLDR: stella points out some rowdy crew. several other tavern patrons size up the party with ill intentions.
Post Listening:

Drunken Kraken

1705285353558-png.1138335

As the storm outside the Drunken Kraken howled with relentless vigor, what permeated the thick walls of the tavern was greatly muffled.

High above, in the shadowed rafters, Stella was perched like a silent guardian. Her keen eyes surveyed the motley assemblage below. She was small, her scales a vibrant mosaic of colors that shimmered in the dim light. From her vantage point, Stella was the overseer of the rowdy crowd, particularly attentive to those who belonged to Zeke's crew. A few, emboldened by ale and the storm's wild energy, grew increasingly boisterous. Stella, with a soft growl barely audible over the din, pointed them out to Zeke with a flick of her tail or a subtle nod of her head. It was a silent communication. She then became particularly alert and scurried after what appeared to be rat.

At the large round table, the characters drew the attention of several patrons. Some glances were fleeting, others lingered with a predatory interest. Ul, with her odd contraption she called a 'pet stag,' seemed to pique the most curiosity. Murmurs and speculative whispers spread through the tavern like ripples in a pond. Eyes, some gleaming with avarice, others merely curious, scrutinized the group, appraising their worth and the ease with which it might be relieved from them.

The tavern's regulars, a rough-and-tumble lot, were no strangers to opportunity. They assessed the newcomers, weighing the risks and rewards of a potential confrontation. Yet, there was a cautiousness in their appraisal, an unspoken recognition that these individuals were not mere wayfarers to be trifled with. The presence of a baby dragon, what could pass as a former knight, and others with apparent skills and backgrounds lent a certain unpredictability to the equation.

Outside, the storm continued its relentless assault on the coast. Thunder boomed like cannon fire, and lightning illuminated the tavern windows in brief, stark flashes, casting eerie shadows that streaked across the worn wooden floors. The patrons of the Drunken Kraken, however, remained undeterred. In their world, where the sea was both livelihood and grave, a storm was just another passing moment in the ever-turning wheel of their lives.

Izzy

Honey golden eyes followed the pink haired one, who was miraculously shorter than her by only a few inches. Her words had held a certain amount of weight to them, that had gotten through to her even in her slightly inebriated state. She looked up at the bare-chested man with a squinting glare. Now that she thought about it they did have a few similarities. Of course, she knew he couldn't be her brother. She didn't have a brother, and her mother and father were hopefully alive in another world other than this strange one. Still, she couldn't help the snorting laughter that bust from her lips as she stared at the rather intimidating looking captain.

"Aye ah'm sure th'Cap'n 'll take kindleh t' my callin'im 'Capn' Big Bro" Before the words even left her mouth she was already laughing at her own humor again. She shook her head and wiped an unshed tear away. When she'd managed to regain her composure, she looked at the young woman again. She grinned, enjoying being able to look down at someone for once, standing at five feet and two inches. It was then that she noticed Ul joining the rag tag group with her so called stag. The blank look and the mumbled comment was not missed. Izzys lips curled up in an almost feline grin, predatory like. "Oho' who's this cutie?" She gave the young woman a good few once overs, before turning her attention to the "Stag" That damn thing wasn't a stag and she knew it. She'd seen something almost like it when she was very young. But arguing as much seemed pointless.

The thunder rolling outside had her eyes flicking to the window. She stared at it for a moment, seeming lost in thought. She could feel the eyes around the room. After a momentthough, she shrugged and grinned a predatory grin to the new girl. Followed by a look back at the Pink haired one and a waved finger in a little circle at them with a wink. Another glance was given to the two handsome land lubber boys. She noted their fair skin, and hummed, before turning and taking another step towards the captain. With a twisted grin she raised a finger and prodded the man square in the chest.

"S'what's the job anehways? We headin' straight t' sea er' ye've got some'fer us t'handle here on'the island? Those boyos'll be needin some coconut oil'n a special powder, er' they'll fry in a week." Her head had to tilt up to look at him, but that didn't negate the confident grin she wore as she awaited the captains first orders.

Last edited:
Zahrah Fiore

N7LUreZ.jpg

Astolfo
Mentions: Novama Novama | Ul Dyril Femboy Femboy | Izzy Moonberry Moonberry

Zahrah was pleasantly surprised when someone else joined them before long, as they brought in something that their databases immediately recognised. “Oh, oh me, oh my! That's amazing! I've never seen such a pretty and bright and colourful dirt-bike! It's almost as pretty as you are miss!” They were quick to greet Ul. They were also curious about what she stated prior. “Are you hunting something? I'm not too familiar with hunting, but I do know it can lead to happiness for some~ Oh, oh, I think you'd fit in perfectly because you're easily just as beautiful as the others!” They were stating with some [Smooth Talker E] behind their words.

They were quick to spot that the people in the tavern were starting to look at them, as they could guess why. Such a gathering of handsome people was sure to draw in many eyes. “It seems the entire tavern agrees that you're all a handsome bunch... oh, oh, I know~!” They stated, proud of themselves. “I'll ask them all to hang out!”

“EVERYONE!!! HEY HEY!!!” They hopped atop the table to shout out into the room. “It'd be totally rude for me to keep all these handsome folk to myself, so why don't we all go hang out? I'm sure we could come up with something really fun and cool to do! I heard that big events and shared activities are really good for happiness, especially when it's with handsome people, so you should all totally join us!” They stated, going fairly all-out on their invitation to the entire tavern with some [Smooth Talker B].

Their attention was drawn back to Izzy again. “Oh, yes! I heard that referring to others with familial ties like that can be good for happiness! Although sometimes that excludes 'daddy' and 'mommy' in certain contexts, for reasons which I've yet to figure out why exactly, because my database got corrupted now that my brain is made out of cotton!” They proudly explained to Izzy.

Smooth Talker – Character Grade B, Appraisal B, Empathy B, Insight B, Performance [Acting/Singing/Dancing/Spoken Word/Tin Whistle] B, Persuasion B, Seduction B, Energised B Languages [Common, Terran, Beastial, Sylvan, Monster, Analog] – Character combines whatever (meta)knowledge they can find out about someone with persuasive, empathic and seductive smooth-talking, acting and spoken word in an attempt to make others act according to their will. Character speaks to them in whichever (of the main) languages they are most comfortable with. - Grade B Energised – 3 Post Cooldown

Smooth Talker E – Character Grade E, Appraisal E, Empathy E, Insight E, Performance [Acting/Singing] E, Persuasion E, Seduction E Energised E Languages [Common, Terran, Beastial, Sylvan, Monster, Analog] – Character combines whatever (meta)knowledge they can find out about someone with persuasive, empathic and seductive smooth-talking, acting and spoken word in an attempt to make others act according to their will. Character speaks to them in whichever (of the main) languages they are most comfortable with. - Grade E Energised – 0 Post Cooldown

A – CD 0/5
Be – CD 0/3
Ce – CD 0/1
De – CD 1/1
Ee – CD 0/0
Fe – CD 0/0

Ul Dyril

Character Sheet
Novama Novama Moonberry Moonberry Elvario Elvario 1Lucker 1Lucker NeramoDJI NeramoDJI Spacecowboy Spacecowboy

Ul was a little surprised to receive the response that she did from Izzy, laughing awkwardly in a soft tone as they gently scratched their cheek and let their gaze slowly drift away from the woman.
"D-did I say that out loud? Ahah, I mean, it wasn't supposed to... slip out, you know? Or be, weird at all" Ul awkwardly responded with nervous and hesitant soft giggles, subtly lowering her face and hiding it a little within the cover of her own scarf, fidgeting with the handles of the bike. Why was this so much stranger than usual? This wasn't the first time interacting with someone. Perhaps it had to be the precarious placement she found herself in with the surrounding environment of potentially dangerous strangers.
"I-I mean, it's not like I don't think you're not pretty, you are, b-but it's not like I'm trying to take advantage of you being potentially intoxicated on alcohol for any selfish or greed-driven intents. H-honestly, I'll just- keep my self and hands... to... m-myself, and there will be no problems, right? You're not thinking any thing bad right? I-I don't want to sound judgmental but, I don't know how pirates are... " Ul nervously stumbled and stuttered as they questioned why one woman was so difficult to even talk to. She hadn't been called cute by anyone, perhaps Izzy just thought she was very young or some lost child as it wouldn't be the first time. Trying to nervously look for an escape from the experience, Ul found themselves suddenly interrupted by Zahrah's expressiveness.

A bit overwhelmed by how fast things were supposed to be going, Ul was starting to raise a million questions within their mind that weren't answered. Was everyone of this world so strong-personalitied and open, or was this party just one very lively crew.
"Y-you know what this is- w-what- who told you- y-you also think I'm pretty- can w-we slow down a moment, I-I just got here- is compliments like this normal here? S-should I call you pretty and cute too? Y-You are, pretty and cute, pink... new friend-person I just met?" Ul tried to ask as their voice slowly shrunk in volume as Zahrah proceeded to address the entirety of the tavern aloud. Clearly hesitantly shaken from the vicious conflict that was the challenge of public social interaction, Ul sighed and slumped on the handles of the dirtbike in disappointment as they puffed their cheeks out and quietly pouted to themselves.
"E-017 was much simpler than this, Targas Prime even... " Ul grumbled as they slowly came back to attention to what was going on, highly hesitating and freezing up at the looks they were given from others. Trying to calm themselves, Ul thought about simpler and more nostalgic times to calm themselves so they could carefully handle the situation and not be so flustered about a few little compliments and pretty girlies. Returning back to a calmed and straight face, Ul heard Zahrah talking about context of mother and father titles as she made a soft commemt about it.

"I'm sure use of the alternate context is what in some cases leads to it becoming the real thing" Ul uttered in quiet sarcasm as they added an extra line softly, looking elsewhere and not at anything in particular.
"I mean, it'd be cool if I had a reason to use the alternative context, but y'know I suppose those things will happen someday" Ul jokingly commented, glancing to Izzy since Ul didn't have reason to imagine the males of the group as said title until proven probably later as they recalled being asked about what she was hunting for exactly. Pausing a moment to consider what to answer, Ul responded.
"I suppose everyone is always hunting for  something. Right now, I'm a little open-ended. Magic, guidance, nobility, companionship, much would work. I would claim that right now I am but a princess, but that's not actually officially validated by any legal system, just my own words..." she had replied in what she was looking for as she chose to openly address the group afterwards. It wasn't truthfully specific on everything or what she was looking for, but for people she may not see again or might prove a dangerous interaction then it wasn't a good idea to divulge anything else yet. Even to the... pink person who somehow had a bag of marshmallows and a mariachi band for a personality.

"May I ask for good specifics on what the challenge will involve? I likely cannot provide as much as those here since I'm still learning to utilise magics and healing, but hopefully I believe that somewhere in here could provide a good learning opportunity".​

Zeke "Mors" Valdain
1705294738388.png
Zeke let an annoyed 'tch' escape his lips, looking around at those whose ire was drawn to their crew, his hand finding it's way to his cutlass as he waited there and glanced at the current crew he had. His Bladesmen were setting up the ship, leaving him here to deal with any potential hijackers himself with the others in the crew. He glanced towards Ul, huffing a moment. "I don't believe that... 'stag' of yours will be too easily utilized on the open waters, but maybe you'll surprise me." He said with a roll of his shoulders, glancing at Zahrah. "I'd really rather you didn't do that Zahrah. These particular... individuals, are not too pleasant when they are grouped up." He said with a slight twinge of annoyance, before rolling his eyes at the poke to his chest and being called big brother. "Where is Loke when you need him..." He said idly, before sighing a bit.

He glanced around at those who were eyeing him and his new crew, placing one of his hands on his flintlock and rolling his shoulders as his tone dropped low, but still at a volume to be heard.
"Those of you who want to deal with me, step outside. Bring a cutlass you who dare." He said lowly, the threat clear on the air as he turned back to his crew. "Thanks to some unsavory eyes, we'll be discussing the mark on the ship. STELLA!" He commented to Ul before he shouted, extending an arm out for the baby dragon to descend onto. "But if you choose to join, good to have you aboard. A healer is always nice."

Lyrian

1705783688950.png
Character Sheet
Mentions: Novama Novama Moonberry Moonberry Femboy Femboy Elvario Elvario NeramoDJI NeramoDJI 1Lucker 1Lucker
Even with the tension in the room and all eyes on their table Lyrian was somehow a little relieved by all the commotion, like even if this crew seems a little insane and might get him killed he can work with that and find a place to fit into the chaos. "It's um.. nice to meet you too Zahrah" He replied quickly, turning away to hide a slight blush at being called pretty by them, what a smooth talker. He didn't want to intrude too much on the obvious flirting between.. well, most of the crew so he kept himself busy watching the storm beat against the windows.

After the captain declared his challenge to the room, Lyrian was thoroughly impressed; the pirate could be pretty intimidating when he wants to. He turned to Izzy who seems almost equally as in charge and at home in this setting, "I might not have much experience on ships yet but I can tie a few knots, I'm a quick learner, and I don't get seasick so I'll do my best! Thanks for giving us a chance, I'm sure we can figure out the rest as we go," he said with a half smile and got ready to follow the captain's lead, hopefully out of here before the crowd got any more riled up than they already were. They probably wouldn't try anything against a whole group but on the off chance they did, getting beat up, mugged or worse before his first real job even started was not how he'd hoped tonight would go.

Davito Aranda

_270bd1cc-5aee-4bdc-8259-5a8556fb52e9.jpeg

Davito leaned away from the pink beacon of happiness as it moved closer to him. "Please don't touch my armor." The person introduced themselves loudly. "Nice to meet you too, Zahrah." he said, interested in what a happiness researcher actually did. The new woman, with the machine that she called a 'stag', seemed a little out of it, muttering about things that he had never heard of. Most of the rest of the crew were hitting it off, flirting all around. He didn't feel comfortable with how chaotic his new team seemed. It was certainly nothing like the rigidity and discipline that he had grown up with.

He ignored the assorted flirtation of the other crew members, instead glancing around the room. After the pink person's announcement, he noticed that the other more... rowdy patrons suddenly seemed a little
too interested in their group and what they were talking about. He moved to stand and was about to issue a warning when the captain stood up and did it for him. He sat back down, keeping his hand on the hilt of his sword. Davito turned to the healer, hearing the end of her comment about his sea legs. "The sea doesn't bother me, wet or frozen. I've spent many a winter defending the western coast of Rotia. I've also spent quite a bit of time on the water since I... left." The Captain mentioned that they should leave and speak on the ship. Hand still on the hilt of his sword, Davito stood and nodded to the other man. "Ready to go when you are, Sir."

Izzy

Mentions: NeramoDJI NeramoDJI Novama Novama Elvario Elvario Femboy Femboy 1Lucker 1Lucker Spacecowboy Spacecowboy

Izzy tsked, inhaling a hissing breath as she turned a pointed look at Zahrah. Dropping her finger and watching the would-be captain take control of the situation, she straightened her stance. When she did, she looked just a little less buzzed than a few moments ago. Her eyes narrowed and she glanced at all the hungry eyes in the tavern. A hand went to her face and rubbed at it as if to try and wake up. Davito and Lyrian earned a nod when she dropped her hand, before she turned back to Ul and Zahrah. She leaned forward, reapplying the feline grin, her words coming out cloyingly sweet and slow.

"Oi cuties, Lesson number one've livin the life ov'ah vagabond. Ye' want ter' survive, an' be 'Happy' ye' don' attract attention t'yerselves." She put a finger to her lips, to make a shushing motion, before straightening again. The smile disappeared and she looked after Zeke and the boys. She trotted to walk up just behind Zeke. Leaning forward and hissing her words as she tried to keep pace with his long legs. "Oi, Capt'n whatsit....Ye' said we're jes' getin' on tha ship. Without' knowin' th' job first? An' ye' really think tha' right now, while er'ones watchin is'ah best time t' walk out an' leadem' t' yer ship? Ye' jes' dun issued ah challenge t' anehone who's dumb enough t' fight fer th'hell'v it. Es et such ah big secret?"" Her tone wasn't exactly admonishing, but it wasn't exactly the obedient tone you would use for your captain either. "Ain' like I'kin turn ah job down, but i'd like t' know jes'what ah'm agreein'ta." She frowned up at the man.

Mentions: NeramoDJI NeramoDJI Elvario Elvario Moonberry Moonberry 1Lucker 1Lucker Femboy Femboy Spacecowboy Spacecowboy
OOC: Is the party clear what the job actually is at this point? felt like some details may be missing.
TLDR: the party was made host to a party. during which most of the party were pickpocketed.
Post Listening:

Drunken Kraken

As Zahrah's voice carried across the Drunken Kraken, several patrons, who had been eyeing the motley crew with a mixture of curiosity and covetousness, found their opportunity. They approached the group with an air of merriment, their smiles as disarmingly wide as the sea itself. These men, rugged and weather-beaten, clapped each other on the backs, laughing heartily as if they were old friends reunited after a long separation.

One burly man, with a beard as tangled as fishing nets, raised his mug in salute. “To new friendships and the promise of good fortune!” he bellowed, his voice rich with the timbre of the sea. Another, younger and wiry, with eyes like polished driftwood, chimed in, “Aye, let’s drink to the brave souls who dare the waves!” Their mirth was infectious, spreading through the group like wildfire on a dry prairie.

As they mingled, the men clinked their mugs with those of the crew, leaning in close as if to share a sailor's secret or a bawdy joke. Their movements were fluid, almost rehearsed in their casualness. One would slap Davito heartily on the back, while another would tousle Lyrian's hair with a laugh, exclaiming, “You’ve got the look of a sea wolf about you, lad!”

Amid the laughter and camaraderie, it was hard for the party to notice their lightening pockets. The joyous atmosphere Zahrah had conjured seemed to have a secondary, more sinister effect. As the men eventually drifted away from the table, their steps were lighter, their grins wider.

Zeke's challenge, though stern and foreboding, was left unheeded. These men were not duelists that night; instead, what they were was content with their subtle gathering of 'Happiness'. They had no interest in crossing blades when no blood need drawn for what they had in mind. In their world, stealth and guile were worth more than brute strength or the edge of a sword.

As the evening wore on, and the storm outside raged unabated. The tavern continued its raucous revelry, a haven of warmth and laughter amidst the unforgiving tempest.

Zahrah Fiore

N7LUreZ.jpg

Astolfo
Mentions: Novama Novama | Ul Dyril Femboy Femboy | Izzy Moonberry Moonberry | Davito 1Lucker 1Lucker | Lyrian Spacecowboy Spacecowboy | Zeke NeramoDJI NeramoDJI

They looked at Ul with curiosity at the latter's reply. “Of course you're pretty~ It's true, I don't just think so~” They cheerfully replied. “Slow down?” They wondered, they were standing still, which wasn't exactly going fast, was it? The mention of compliments confused them. “I've got no clue, I just like saying what's on my mind~” They eventually replied. “Oh, my, pretty, cute and pink? That's some high praise, thank you, thank you!” They replied gleefully. “Oh, new friends! Friends are amazing for happiness!” They cheerfully replied at being called a friend.

They perked up again. “You know about the alternate context of 'daddy' and 'mommy' names? That's amazing~ Can you teach me?” They asked, realising they might be able to recover some of the data they'd lost when their databased turned into cotton. “Some day can be today, if you want! I'm always down to try and learn new things and see if it leads to happiness~” They'd cheerfully add to their previous statement.

Zahrah titlted their head sideways at Zeke's remark. “They are not? How come? Shouldn't that mean we just have to be grouped up with them ourselves as well?” They didn't exactly get the logic. His next words were also confusing. “Mark? As in, like a sign of belong to something?” That was peculiar. Enough so to tag along and see what Zeke would be up too at least.

It was a tad disappointed to learn they weren't allowed to touch Davito's the armour. They clicked their tongue. “Fine...” Even though picking it looked like it'd be good fun. “Although I call dibs if you ever sell it~” They added, figuring this could be fun to have for reasons they themselves probably weren't even aware of.

When the Lyrian started speaking again, Zahrah was curious about something. “Tying knots and learning... oh! Oh! Is it try that most elves know magic or shoot bows? I always thought that was a weird thing, like a stereotype, but somehow it wouldn't surprise me if it was still true? So... is it true?”

Izzy's words were extremely confusing to them. “THAT'S A LIE!” They suddenly realised why it confused them. Cause it wasn't true. “I always like to interact with anyone and everyone and I'm still very alive! I converted bandits and hugged some beings that others called monsters and even befriended some of them!” They scoffed. “Besides, I don't want to be happy. I'm studying happiness, that's totally different!” They nodded to themselves. They were far more scientific than some faulty hedonist.

That said, Zahrah did have some fun with the folk heading over. Considering they had nothing to steal other than their clothes, either they'd be stripped or they'd get off easy.

Ul Dyril

Character Sheet
Novama Novama Moonberry Moonberry Elvario Elvario 1Lucker 1Lucker NeramoDJI NeramoDJI Spacecowboy Spacecowboy

Hearing out Izzy's advice on avoiding attracting attention to herself, such an idea was easier said than done when it came to the concept of if she should do so. On the other hand, managing to accomplish said thing would prove difficult with Zahrah's outlook on the situation as they proceeded to be what was arguably the most obnoxious and noticeable individual on this half of the continent. The one-person-parade in question continued to talk on excitably about the compliments Ul had sent their way without entirely much thought, wondering how someone could desire to keep up so much energy without tiring themselves out. When asked for guidance on the alternate context of the two words, Ul awkwardly spaced out for a brief moment as she stared into the eyes of a very bright and glamourously flamboyant abyss.
"I have a feeling calling people cuties is a thing you do often... both of you in fact... even though I would probably contest the idea that I'm simply 'cute', I think if I desire I have a very mature and responsible air about myself, not 'cute'" Ul mumbled about Izzy before coming to a slow realisation it probably applied to both of them anyway, before going on to contest against the idea that they were 'cute', although despite their best attempts to be serious at their appearance and height there was a little bit of visible struggle in their words to say the entire thing seriously alongside the faint blush on their face.

"Uh, you know, we'll probably have a long trip that we'll have time to talk and be friends and teach eachother stuff, but for now it might be recommended that you don't so publically ask people to teach you that and hope it brings you happiness in the end. It's... polite, to not openly talk about that stuff with people you've just met, but perhaps I'll tell you after we get on the water" Ul answered as she wondered what must've been going a little strange with Zahrah's thought process but supposing they were cute enough with how they just wanted to... spread or learn happiness, their goal wasn't entirely obvious. Hopefully Zahrah wouldn't try to advertise some sort of happiness cult shortly.

Overhearing Zahrah talking to Lyrian about elves, she chose not to answer in on the topic curious for what his answer turned to be, but from her own experience it was a definite no. Perhaps it would prove interesting insight in a way to hear from another elf of this world. Eventually turning her attention to Zeke and Davito who both appeared more than ready to take leave, she went to agree.
"I'm ready to go whenever, although from the looks of it we should leave as soon as possible. Things could be troubling if we stall" Ul said as she heard Zahrah's contesting over Izzy's point, thinking that if the pink-haired stereo could silence her voice for just a little while, then they wouldn't have as many eyes on them.
"Sometimes your happiness can inadvertently make other people unhappy, or make others happy and make them do things that make others unhappy. In order to be safe in public environments, the common person keeps their voice and hands down and away from the personal space of others" Ul advised, hoping Zahrah would get the hint.
"Things can be discussed between friends rather than strangers in a little bit, so for now, shoooosh~ please, my innocent little friend?" Ul asked as she held and gently squished Zahrah's cheeks, hoping the somewhat adorable dolt would get the message, who was questionably maybe or maybe not rising in cute appeal within Ul's books.​

~Luisa O'Sullivan~

1706231276707.png
Luisa, having accepted the invitation to join the treasure hunt, found herself seated at the large, round table in the Drunken Kraken. Her eyes, a shade of deep green, scanned the unfolding scene, her mind a fortress of concentration. The rowdy atmosphere of the tavern barely touched her, shielded by the pages of her Grimoire.

The Grimoire, an heirloom of her great-grandfather's, had revealed a new passage after the encounter within the bug nest. Within its magical pages lay the knowledge of a powerful artifact – a ring that would serve her well in the impending journey into the treacherous Shimmering Depths. The newfound wisdom painted a vivid picture of its abilities, including its capacity to enhance survivability, a boon for underwater exploration.

A glance at the ring on her finger stirred a mix of gratitude and intrigue. The Grimoire seemed to ominously gift her treasures at opportune moments, first her battle suit and now this ring. It was odd, not to mention both Items seemed to be in a suppressed state, providing only a fragment of their true power as described in the grimoire.

The ring's gleam echoed in her eyes as she contemplated its potential applications in the dark and dangerous depths they were about to traverse.

As Captain Zeke urged the party to leave for the ship amidst the storm's fury, Luisa pondered the timing of their departure. Her eyes flitted across the gathering of eclectic individuals, each harboring their motivations and secrets. To her displeasure a number of elves were among them. Even worse free elves at that. The sheer audacity of such was not lost on the soldier but given she was currently off duty she had no right to strike them down, even if she wanted nothing more.

"At this stage, I doubt us leaving will prevent the unsavory from springing into action," Luisa remarked, her voice carrying a calm certainty. "If anything, I fear it'll promote it. It's quite hard to hear one's cries for help in a storm."

Standing up, Luisa drained the last remnants of her tankard, a defiant glint in her eyes. The shifting tempest outside mirrored the turmoil within the tavern, but Luisa remained unperturbed. A devious grin played on her lips as she reached for her coin purse, only to find it conspicuously empty.

"Oh-ho..." she mused, her sharp gaze wandering the bar. "Now that's very interesting..."

HP: 3 (D Grade Character)
Light Armour HP: 1 (F Grade)

Actions: 1/3

1. Looking for the Friendly Group who she assumes stole from them

Cooldowns:
[The O'Sullivan Grimoire]
F - 0 Posts Remain
E - 0 Posts Remain

[Ring of The King's Authority]
F - 0 Posts Remain

Last edited:
Izzy​

annoyedizzy.webp
Izzy had chuckled and managed an annoyed smile when the crowd of friendly faces swarmed in, and Zahrah cried indignance. She did her best to buffet the greasy smiles and maintain an amiable aura. However, she'd only had a few coins to begin with. There'd only been two drinks, and that little buzz she'd been starting to enjoy was beginning to fade as she was realizing the situation she might be signing up for. Or rather realizing she had no clue. By the time the crowd had begun to dissipate, she found herself somehow back at the table, instead of walking towards the door with the captain, Davito, and Lyrian. When Luisa spoke, and opened her empty coin purse, Izzy cringed inwardly. She hesitantly pulled the string of her side pouch, to find it already rather loose. And in fact, she had nothing left to buy another drink and drown her annoyance.

A hand went to her head, and she scrubbed frustratedly at her hair and face. A glare was sent quietly over towards the bouncing bubbly short one. But she closed her eyes quickly and looked away, not intending to make enemies so quickly. She needed money, now more than ever. But she got the feeling the bubbly little one might be the death of her. For a moment she looked to the door, considering passing on the job and finding work elsewhere. The captain still hadn't informed them of what the job was, although he'd perhaps been interrupted by Zahrahs impromptu party. Half the crew looked like they'd never sailed a day in their life. And she had no clue about the stars here, or any of the geography. So, she couldn't be of much use with navigating. Her eyes flit to look at the captain. She slid back down into the chair and frowned up at him. All traces of her amiable self, gone.

Novama Novama NeramoDJI NeramoDJI 1Lucker 1Lucker Spacecowboy Spacecowboy Elvario Elvario Femboy Femboy Uasal Uasal

Last edited:
Zeke "Mors" Valdain
1705294738388.png
Zeke noted the complaints from his new crew, taking his hat off and sighing a moment. He took a cautious distrust of the new comers, intent on brawling at a moments notice while keeping his cutlass and flintlock close to himself. He began to roll his shoulders when the ruffians departed, glancing at the crewmates present. "Truthfully Ms. Sullivan, I hope they try. Better here than on the sea after we finished the mark." He said with a small rub of his hair, before placing his hat back onto his head. "I'll concede the point only this once." He added, before turning to the two who were intent on knowing the marc before they left. His tone dropped low, intent on only those present crew hearing him. "We'll be heading out to a spot called the Dragons Ribcage. It's a section of... temperamental waters to the east. But it's got treasure beyond what you've seen in your lifetime." He explained, before placing a hand on his flintlock and turning to see if anyone was listening in, intent on blasting whatever poor fool was getting any ideas.

After all, he had to really sell it if he was going to lie through his teeth.

If his crew wanted him to spill the beans inside of a tavern filled with criminals intent on killing them and taking the mark for themselves, he wasn't going to just concede to peer pressure. He was a captain, not some wayfinder. What he said was what would go. He'd tell them the real job when they reached the ship so they could still choose to leave, but not a moment sooner.

Mentions: NeramoDJI NeramoDJI Elvario Elvario Moonberry Moonberry 1Lucker 1Lucker Femboy Femboy Spacecowboy Spacecowboy Uasal Uasal
OOC: lyrian skip 1, davito skip 1 -- new scene with new situation. be a good idea to post.
Time: mid-morning
Weather: cold, foggy, overcast
TLDR: party cuts losses and travels out to the job site where they are almost immediately engaged by long tendrils wrapping the ship and threatening to at the very least break the ship.
Post Listening:

Drunken Kraken

In the aftermath of the theft at the Drunken Kraken, the group's efforts to identify the thieves within the crowded tavern proved futile. The myriad of patrons, each lost in their revelry or schemes, rendered any attempt to single out the culprits ineffective. The complexity of the situation left the party with no choice but to move forward, focusing on the journey ahead rather than the misfortunes behind.

With the decision made, Captain Zeke, followed by his newly formed crew, navigated the storm-soaked docks to their waiting ship. The vessel, robust and prepared for the treacherous waters of the eastern sea, was a beacon of hope in the storm and anticipation for the crew. They embarked under a sky that was a constant battle between the tempest and brief moments of calm, the sea beneath mirroring this tumult with its unpredictable currents. They traveled for several days.

Their destination, the shimmering depths, was marked by the remnants of countless ships, their broken forms protruding from the water like grim markers of past voyages as they protruded from the fog that clung to the waters that day. The graveyard of masts and shattered hulls, illuminated by the glow of the waters, served as a haunting welcome to the crew that chilly, overcast morning.

As the ship approached the heart of the shimmering depths, it was suddenly and inexplicably halted, as if caught by an unseen barrier. The water around them, aglow with an eerie light, revealed the presence of ghostly tendrils wrapping around the ship's structure. These tendrils, part of a larger, unseen entity lurking below, represented the unseen danger that had claimed so many before.

Confronted with this immediate threat, the crew found themselves in a dire predicament, ensnared by the very mystery they sought to explore. The ghostly tendrils, both beautiful and terrifying, held the ship in a vice-like grip, challenging the crew to find a way to escape their hold without falling prey to the fate of the countless adventurers and treasure hunters who had ventured into those waters before them.

Shimmering Depths

1706419612981.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back