Main

Oliver looked down at the map that had been placed in his hands, before his squad leader had gone off, to get a late recruit who had just showed up. At least he wasn't the last one to arrive, in fact, from the looks of it he was the first recruit of squad four to arrive. He located where the barracks where, and where he currently was, before making his way to them, careful not to get lost. It was easy to do, even with a map, one wrong turn and you're done for. He glanced up, seeing a few other people in the hallways, some of them staring at the way he looked, though after years of it, he had gotten pretty used to it.

"Not particularly. The setup is about the same. It's just a bit bigger. Any major difference will be shown on the map in the barracks." Selina said. Her eyes flickered over to Cain, feeling his eyes on her. "Can I help you recruit? You squad four?" 

@ProRPer @Tetro

Emily followed her squad leader out of the lobby, clearly calming down once they were in the hall. She took a long, deep breath to try and slow her heart beat. "W...well... I actually don't know...." she said in answer to her squad leaders question. "And I'm a fire weaver....."

@Arius LaVari @MidnightStar

Aaron's phone went off and he checked it briefly. He tapped at it a considerable amount before looking up at Jack. "Sorry for the inconvenience, papers didn't quite get sorted out in time. I guess I'm the one showing you to Revnoir's office," he muttered. He didn't look as pissy as Revnoir but he definitely wasn't the peppy type. He signaled for the technician-ish person to follow him, and so they headed off in the direction of the Squad 3 office. "How was the ride here?" He asked, hoping to strike up a short conversation.

@MatTamMax

(OCC: Um.. I thought my character's been here for a while?)

Jack turned around, slowly recovering from his mood swing, 

"Oh, someone actually noticed... Well, I don't expect you to recognize me - I was in Research and Development, I had to do with most of the software here... Fiddling about with computers gets boring after a while... Well, enough with blowing my own trumpet! It's quite the honor to meet one big bosses in person."

(Fuck... Lemme just... Yknow, run off and hide from the world. What is think? How does one do the think?)

Aaron stared at the man for a long moment. "Wait, seriously? Well uh, sorry...?" He wasn't sure what to say and let out a sigh. "Anyway uh, it's nice to meet you too." Check yourself, Aaron, your lack of social knowledge is showing. He fidgeted a bit as he walked, looking over to the peculiar man, his silver eyes checking for any weapons he might have on his person. Though, of course he would have a weapon, he was a Weaver. His whole suit thing was probably a weapon. Everything can kill you, Aaron. Everything. That crack in the tile just down the hall can kill you. Don't step on it.

@MatTamMax

"Not particularly. The setup is about the same. It's just a bit bigger. Any major difference will be shown on the map in the barracks." Selina said. Her eyes flickered over to Cain, feeling his eyes on her. "Can I help you recruit? You squad four?" 

@ProRPer @Tetro

Emily followed her squad leader out of the lobby, clearly calming down once they were in the hall. She took a long, deep breath to try and slow her heart beat. "W...well... I actually don't know...." she said in answer to her squad leaders question. "And I'm a fire weaver....."

@Arius LaVari @MidnightStar

"Alright, sounds good."  Mason responds to Selina.  He was honestly a little disappointed to hear that the only real difference she mentioned was the size of base itself.  Then again, Mason's previous squad-mates did remind him not to get his hopes up, as there isn't that much of a huge difference.

Overall, Mason accepted it, as he was still happy to be at the Headquarters of Weave.  He then noticed what Selina had said afterwards, her eyes moving over to the guy behind him.

He simply turns around, figuring that if the teen was in fact a part of Squad 4, then Mason could introduce himself now rather than later.  Besides, it's a good idea to know who you're working with, especially at Weave.

@Tetro

@Aurath Moonblood

"Yes. I am. It is nice to meet you Kragmore. My name is Cain." He held out his papers. Cain's gaze fixed itself on Selina's eyes. "I can wait until you are done with Mason." He informed her.

@Aurath Moonblood@ProRPer

Last edited by a moderator:
That's Miss Kragmore. I'm your boss, remember? Show a little respect. Mason, was it? Glad to have you here. You may see yourself to the barracks or messhall. Report in tomorrow morning for an assignment to a post or something. I'll be calling you all in actually. And you there rookie.... you follow me to the office." Said Selina. She was very irked by their lateness but she knew it wouldn't have been helped.

@Tetro @ProRPer

That's Miss Kragmore. I'm your boss, remember? Show a little respect. Mason, was it? Glad to have you here. You may see yourself to the barracks or messhall. Report in tomorrow morning for an assignment to a post or something. I'll be calling you all in actually. And you there rookie.... you follow me to the office." Said Selina. She was very irked by their lateness but she knew it wouldn't have been helped.

@Tetro @ProRPer

"Yes Ma'am."  Mason replies as he walks past her, figuring that the floor-plan couldn't be too different in comparison to the one in California.

Eventually, Mason did find his way to the barracks.  He walked up to one of the beds that seemed half decent and threw his backpack on it.  He looks at the small figure of the backpack itself, and couldn't help but regretting the fact that he brought such little supplies.  He assumed that there would be supplies at the HQ previously anyways, so he tried to not let it bother him.

"Well.  Done unpacking."  Mason mutters sarcastically to himself since he really didn't bring that much stuff.

He sat on the edge of his bed, simply staring off into the wall opposite of him.  He wasn't exactly hungry, so the only thing he could do now was wait for whatever assignment Miss Kragmore was going to give him the next day.

"So you're in squad four too?" Oliver said, seemingly coming from nowhere as he pushed himself off the wall he had propped himself on. He glanced over at the person who had walked in, him having came in only a few minutes ago. He thought he was going to have some time to himself, to think for a bit longer about what he was going to do next, but he was gravely mistaken. Then again, he could've just said nothing and the guy probably would've never noticed him. 'Stupid, you should've just done that.' He thought to himself mentally slapping himself. 'can't ignore him now. I'll probably see him a lot if he's in my squad, even if he isn't rwe'll probably run into each other if we're in the same building.' He thought, hoping he wouldn't regret his decision. 'As long as he isn't a jerk, I can live with it.' He thought sighing internally to himself, all while keeping the same blank face.

@ProRPer

Cain blinked in response to Selina's words. He did as told and followed her closely. He wasn't going to respond to the respect bit she threw in, mostly because he saw no reason to take it seriously. Addressing her by her last WAS 'a little respect'. Semantics were fun that way. He kept a straight face as he laughed internally about it.

@Aurath Moonblood

Selina walked to her office, only a summing he would follow her. She sat back down at her desk and goes back threw the file drawer. After pulling out the paperwork she sets it down on the desk for  Cain. 

@Tetro 

"So you're in squad four too?" Oliver said, seemingly coming from nowhere as he pushed himself off the wall he had propped himself on. He glanced over at the person who had walked in, him having came in only a few minutes ago. He thought he was going to have some time to himself, to think for a bit longer about what he was going to do next, but he was gravely mistaken. Then again, he could've just said nothing and the guy probably would've never noticed him. 'Stupid, you should've just done that.' He thought to himself mentally slapping himself. 'can't ignore him now. I'll probably see him a lot if he's in my squad, even if he isn't rwe'll probably run into each other if we're in the same building.' He thought, hoping he wouldn't regret his decision. 'As long as he isn't a jerk, I can live with it.' He thought sighing internally to himself, all while keeping the same blank face.

@ProRPer

Mason couldn't help but slightly jumping after the small scare, having not known that there was someone else in the barracks.  He should've figured though, as these were the barracks, and a lot of recruits seemed to have been showing up lately.

"Oh, uhh, didn't see you there."  Mason mumbles before he shakes his head to look over and focus on the man, "Yes, I am.  Squad 4.  Name's Mason Miles."  There was a brief awkward second of silence before Mason finally asked the dreaded question, "And you are?"

Overall, Mason was never really good at meeting new people, as it happened rarely throughout his life.  But, this guy was obviously in his squad, so meeting him was probably an important and necessary task.

@JayKuro

(OCC: xDD)

Jack couldn't help himself but let out a subtle grin, easily reading the mind of the confused fella walking by him,

"Ahaha, why so tense? Chill, kay?"

Upon several more chuckles along the hallway, Jack noticed a unique door and halted instantly - well, not unique... It.. err... stood out? You get what I mean,

"Ah, I suppose that's the big-scary-boss-leader guy's office?"

Jack noticed the silhouettes of figures moving about from the door's translucent window. 

@Umbra Regalia

"Don't ask me why his looks so different, you'll have to talk to John about that one," he muttered beneath his breath. He and Revnoir both were opposed to making any changes to the door in any way, but John insisted that special people needed special doors...? Or was it something else? Either way, John really showed his favoritism with this one. "Anyway, this is it..." He wasn't happy to be here, nor was he going to act like he was. He opened the door and stepped in, revealing Revnoir and his two (soon to be three) new members of his squad. Revnoir was already handing the second one a couple papers and a pen before looking up to see Aaron and someone he only faintly recognized. He had given the technical building a few visits here and there, mainly as the messenger between them and John but he had been there nonetheless. It reminded him of a truck repair building more than anything, reeking of grease and burned metals.

"Who's this?" He asked with a sharp tone towards the silver eyed man now standing in his office, somewhere he made it clear he didn't want to see him. Aaron didn't reply, going along with the "joke" of no more words unless he wanted a fist up his ass. Revnoir frowned as he left, and looked expectantly at the second man standing in his doorway. "So... I'm still waiting for an introduction here."

@MatTamMax@Mykinkaiser@Aurath Moonblood

'He looks experienced, maybe moving from another place?' Oliver thought as he looked at Mason, his large red eyes examining him. He shoved his hands deep in his jacket pocket, to keep from fiddling with his hands. He looked around the room, which was quite dark actually, though he actually liked the dark, as it helped him focus more. "My name's Oliver... Oliver Gray." He said in response to Mason's question. "What kind of core do you have?" He asked a few moments later. He didn't want to bombard the guy with questions, but he wanted to know just who he was going to be working with.

@ProRPer

'He looks experienced, maybe moving from another place?' Oliver thought as he looked at Mason, his large red eyes examining him. He shoved his hands deep in his jacket pocket, to keep from fiddling with his hands. He looked around the room, which was quite dark actually, though he actually liked the dark, as it helped him focus more. "My name's Oliver... Oliver Gray." He said in response to Mason's question. "What kind of core do you have?" He asked a few moments later. He didn't want to bombard the guy with questions, but he wanted to know just who he was going to be working with.

@ProRPer

"Nice to meet you, Oliver."  Mason said with a small smile, attempting to light up the mood a little bit.

"And I have a Metal Thread Core."  He says with a hint of pride in his voice.  Mason never really knew why, but he was always proud of his Metal Threads, with them being some of the strongest you can obtain, at least from what he's heard.

@JayKuro

"Likewise." He said nodding his head, before taking a few steps back and sitting on the bed that was on the opposite side of the room. He noticed that Mason sounded a bit prideful, and confident when he said that he had a metal thread core. Though he could understand why that was so. He had heard from someone talking while he had been on his way here, that metal cores were the strongest out of the cores. "So then you really must be strong then." He said taking his hands out his pockets and leaning back on the bed, extending his hands behind him. 

@ProRPer

He walked in close behind her, standing at the door as she sat down. He blinked and slowly stepped in more, "Your lack of manners and my apparent lack of respect. We are going to make a great team." He commented, closing the door behind him slowly before taking his seat across from her. Cain took the paper work and began looking it over.

@Aurath Moonblood

"Likewise." He said nodding his head, before taking a few steps back and sitting on the bed that was on the opposite side of the room. He noticed that Mason sounded a bit prideful, and confident when he said that he had a metal thread core. Though he could understand why that was so. He had heard from someone talking while he had been on his way here, that metal cores were the strongest out of the cores. "So then you really must be strong then." He said taking his hands out his pockets and leaning back on the bed, extending his hands behind him. 

@ProRPer

Mason admitted to himself that he did have a bit of pride in his voice, but he certainly didn't like straight-out bragging about himself, which made the question Oliver ask make Mason more than uncomfortable.

However, wanting to be honest, he spoke what he thought, "I guess...  I honestly don't like to brag about myself, if that makes sense."  Mason admits, trying to divert the conversation from his strengths and abilities to something else.

@JayKuro  

"And just what do you mean by lack of manners?" Selina asked, obviously becoming irritated with the man's attitude.

@Tetro 

"You didn't close the door. My parents and life, as horrible as they all were, at least taught me the basics... Besides I was just making a joke and I thought you would find it funny too. But apparently not so nevermind..." He looked back down at the paperwork. Cain, despite his words, was totally neutral about the situation. Not much bothered or got to him. "So this paperwork. It's just a bunch of questions. Do you have a pen I could use?" He looked up at her.

@Aurath Moonblood

"On the table. In the cup right in front of you." Selina said, gesturing to the cup of pens on her desk. She realy didn't want to deal with another entitled brat, and it looked like this guy may be one. She hoped for his sake not. (Srry it was a typo I ment to type manners ^)

"I'll be sure to refer to your acute perception and chipper personality whenever I'm in a jam..." He responded. Cain's tone may have been stoic and calm but he wasn't going to take anything she may have thrown at him. He wrote furiously fast, scribbling down on the paper and handing her the final product within minute. "So are you the squad leader? Or are you just as new here as I am...?" He asked her. For a squad leader she was acting like one of his cousins, and the idea of getting killed over someone's pride wasn't a jolly one to him.

@Aurath Moonblood (forgot to tag you! Also it's all good ^_^  typos happen)

"Then don't let me be the only level headed one... Set the example. You have to know when to not let things get to you. Reapers don't care what your name is or whether or not I call you miss Kragmore. We're all on the same side."  He folded his hands and waited silently.

@Aurath Moonblood

Users who are viewing this thread

Back