Main

Umbra Regalia

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
We're working on the first post, so please be patient and we'll have it up once everything is ready to go!

Last edited by a moderator:
The gates in front of the base were cracked open just a sliver, only wide enough to let through the recruits who showed the guard their ID cards. The doors of the lobby were open, too yet these ones were open wide for the visitors they were expecting. Inside were the Squad Leaders, at least those who were expecting recruits for their squads. Amongst those who were waiting was Revnoir, sitting in his usual fashion on one of the annoyingly gray couches - a design choice he openly was and still is against. Though, he didn't hate them enough to stand around in wait of the new arrivals for however long it may take. He was silent as he sat there, tapping away at his phone at what looked like a minimalistic puzzle game. He seemed to be doing his best to keep his focus away from how late the recruits were running. Otherwise, he might stand up and complain about the time they're wasting, even if it isn't their fault the trucks were running late due to Reaper hordes blocking the roads. He just wanted to focus on the game on his phone rather than the inconvenience the red eyed beasts caused him every day.

On the other side of the room stood Aaron, watching the open doors with a look on his face as if an entire crowd were speaking to him all at once despite the only sound in the room being the whistle of the breeze rolling in. He had decided to be there for when the recruits were to arrive, hoping to solve any problems if necessary. He'd rather not have people sending recruits to his office because they had either lost their papers or just didn't understand what was going on. And so, he stood there with his back against the beige painted wall and watched the open doors, waiting to see that first recruit take a step into the room.

(Alright everyone! Sorry it isn't the longest first post, but I did my best to put in the info needed to help you understand how arrival works (We're running a little behind schedule, so I just threw it out here). Reaper is officially up and running, so feel free to post from this point on! Thank you for your co-operation and patience with us, and welcome to Reaper! ^^)

Selina stood in the lobby waiting for her new recruits. "This is pointless.... we should be out there fighting them! Not wasting time by waiting around!" She said in an irritated tone, only voicing her thoughts. "Revnor, you've got to agree with me! This is all a waste of time. They are late enough as it is!"

Jae stood in line at the front of the gate untill, finaly, it was his turn. He showed his ID to the guard and was directed to go to the loby. Once he saw the scowling faces on the other side of the loby doors however, he started to rethink comming here. With a deep breath, he stepped inside. "I'm Jae.... assigned to squad Three....."

Emily hung back for a moment, watching the group of people shuffling towards the barely opened gates. Just her luck, the guard checking everyone out was a guy. How was she going to even make it past the front gates, let alone the first day?

Scarlet had been extremely concerned when the recruits were made late by a Reaper horde on the road, she'd wanted to go help them out but the other; more powerful leaders, had made her see reason, miracle as that was for the type of person she is. She was still impatient though, fingers drumming on one of the ugly gray couches she had plopped down on, only slightly concerned her hightened body temperature would cause damage to the couch...well so long as she didn't pointedly activate her Threads she should be fine. The woman with brilliant red hair preferred colors, when things were dreary in the outside world shades of blue helped relax people, she'd openly tried to convince people to change the colors in the recruit room several times; these new recruits were always nervous but blues actually had a psychological effect on people to automatically relax them a bit, make them more comfortable. Of course her requests had gone unheeded and now the stark room made even her uncomfortable, she was slightly agitated today, nothing just seemed to be going her way.

After a time the first recruit came through, assigned to Squad 3, not one of hers, but one of Revnoir's boys, she didn't go without greeting the boy though, where everyone else was scowling or annoyed or *cough playing on their phone cough*, she was smiling gently at the new recruits and gave the boy a small wave, before pointing one of her long fingers at the man sitting on the other end of the couch; "Over here newbie, this is your squad leader." With that little bit she hopped to her feet, letting her impatience finally win out; where some leaders were distant and silent, she was always active with her new recruits so she slipped out of the door, seeming to laugh and talk to the guard for a moment before simply standing beside the man with her back against the wall, her odd fire like eyes looking over each person as they passed her and the guard. If she got a squad 2 recruit she would return inside but she really didn't like that ugly room and would rather wait outside.

Revnoir looked up at the new recruit who was said to be his, though he didn't go without giving the crimson haired girl a look of acknowledgment before she left. He wasn't too interested in much else but figuring out a clever way of tricking John into changing the couches for at least a different color. He looked at the white haired boy, obviously below the age of twenty - something he'd come to expect when it came to recruits - and stood up with a disinterested look plastered on his face. "James, right?" He said with a monotonous tone, pocketing his phone and crossing his arms lazily. He didn't look impressed with the kid, his gut giving him the feeling of disappointment. Whether his gut was on to something or just a feeling directed towards having Aaron in the same room as him, no one could know until they began training the recruits. He scowled and let out a huff before turning his back to the recruit and stepping towards the doorway leading off into the rest of the base. "Let's go," was all he muttered, and just loud enough for the snow haired boy to hear.

@Aurath Moonblood

Jae followed behind Revnor without a word, a little bit nervous. At least they wouldn't be in that room when it got more people in it. @Umbra Regalia

Emily finaly made it to the gate, her breathing irregular and her palms sweaty as she shakily handed the man her identification. She was to be part of squad two.... well at least the woman beside the guard gave her some small little comfort. @Arius LaVari

Amy walked off the bus nervously. This was it, she had finally made it. She couldn't help but let nerves fill her system. She had been so excited to get here but now that she was fear overwhelmed her. She lifted her head and walked over to the doors. 'I must keep my head up.' she said to herself  trying to boost her confidence.  Amy finally made it to the guard and showed her ID. She waked into the room and looked at the many new faces. She tapped her foot on the ground not sure what to do next. Should ask around? That would take to much time, instead she just decided to say it out loud. "My name is Amy Reid and I'm looking for the leader of Squad 2." she says hoping someone would hear her and point her in the right direction.

@Arius LaVari

Oliver walked over to the guard, showing him his ID before he was allowed to enter. His large red eyes took in his surrounding that he knew was going to take time to get used to. He still had a blank, unreadable face that came naturally to him at this point in his life. He looked around at the place, knowing it was quite impressive, though he kept it all suppressed and his face didn't even twitch in the slightest. His hair, as usual, hung loosely around his shoulders and back, looking a little bit on the more messy side, like he hadn't really bothered with it, which was partially true. As he entered the lobby he noticed that people were already there, most likely the squad leaders who were waiting for their recruits, or a few recruits who were waiting for their squad leaders. He had also noticed the dull colors in the room. He wondered why they didn't brighten it up, even if only a little. Then again, they probably had their reasons, maybe because of budget cuts or something of the sort. He looked around a bit, taking in everyone's appearance. "My name's Oliver, and I'm looking for the leader of squad four." He said getting straight to the point. He had no clue who his squad leader was, or what they even looked like, and instead of going around and asking everyone, it'd be easier to just ask everyone at once. Though he was seriously doubting that he had to say his name, he could tell them later if they really wanted to know all that badly though, although he doubted anyone did. He wasn't anyone special, and he knew that.

Selina looked at the recruit who just spoke. "Over here rookie. Your late." She said. "You got your papers?" She says, standing straight and waiting for Oliver to walk over to her. @JayKuro

Oliver looked over at the white haired woman when she spoke. At least he wasn't the only one with white hair, there were actually several people. He walked over to her before handing her a small stack of papers he had received quite a while ago. He hadn't really read through them, though was guessing that they most likely contained his information on it. "They're right here." He said looking up into her eyes, noticing their unnatural yellow color. He wondered if they were contacts, or if they were were naturally like that. Though his face remained blank as if he held no interest.

@Aurath Moonblood

Selina began thumbing threw the papers, her yellow eyes scanning each line swiftly befor moving onto the next. "Alright.... to my office then. IF ANYONE ELSE IS HERE FOR SQUAD FOUR MOVE YOUR ASS NOW OR GET LEFT OUT." She called out loudly. Of course, she wasn't going to actualy leave them behind, but simply come back for them latter. "So..." Selina began, "There are a few things we need to get out of the way befor you get settled in. Just a few questions. If you have any of your own questions ask them now. When we get to my office you will be answering MY questions. Of course, you will be allowed to ask questions again when I'm done." 

@JayKuro

Oliver plugged one of his ears as the woman suddenly yelled. At the moment he had no questions to ask, at least, none that he could think of at the moment. He could say he wasn't really curious to know anything at the moment. He was ready to answer any questions that might be thrown at him. At least he hoped he was. He wondered if she would actually leave them behind, though he doubted them, he had the idea that they kind of needed all the people they could get to fight the reapers. Leaving them behind in the lobby wouldn't do them any good. He put his hands in his jacket pocket taking another chance to glance around.

@Aurath Moonblood

Turning swiftly on her heel, Selina quickly walked out of the room, not bothering to look behind her to see if he was following. "Keep up rookie or you'll get left behind too." She said as she turned down the hallway and to the squad 4 office door. She opened it and walked in, sitting behind her desk and looking threw some files befor placing Oliver's papers into the file case.

@JayKuro

Oliver quickly turned and began following her, jogging to catch up before slowing down to a walking pace. "Don't worry, I won't get left behind." He said only a few short steps behind her. As she entered the office he entered as well, closing the door behind him, not knowing if that had been a good idea or not. He sat down in one of the chairs, before taking both his hands out his pockets, one ending on the ends of a few strands of hair twirling them, and the others in his lap. The nervousness was just started to kick in.

@Aurath Moonblood

"Good, it seems you weren't raised in a barn. Thank you. It would suprise you how many people don't close doors behind them." She said with a slight smile. "I'm Selina Kragmore. You may address me as Miss Kragmore."

@JayKuro

Oliver nodded his head when she mentioned how many people didn't close the door behind them. It did get on his nerves a bit, though he kept his mouth shut, unsure of how to respond. He wasn't used to being alone in a room with someone, especially someone of higher authority. If they were around his age he could usually act like he couldn't here them, though it wasn't the case this time. "Nice to meet you Miss Kragmore." He said, his voice almost monotone, his eyes glancing around the office.

@Aurath Moonblood

"First question. Any mutations caused by the core implant? Eye, skin, hair color change or anything else?" She asked, getting right to the point. This one seemed to have the quite bored act going, but at least he wasn't rude. He was actually quite respectful.

@JayKuro

"None that I know of. My eyes, skin, and hair are the exactly the same as it was when I was born." He said thinking about it for only a few seconds. He then surpressed a yawn. He'd be lying if he said he was bored, he might've been tired, but he was anything but bored. Though of course he'd never say this out loud, the last thing he needed was for someone to start trying to read him.

@Aurath Moonblood

"Alright good. Any lasting pains after the implant?" She asked, typing away at her computer. They were almost done. She paused in her typing to take a sip of her coffee and wait for the kids answer.

@JayKuro

"None that lasted any longer than a... Month?" He said sounding a little uncertain at the end of his sentence. He watched as she typed away at her computer, being careful not to stare for too long. He only half wondered what she was typing, though something in the back of his head told him he was an idiot and that she was asking the questions for a reason. His other hand then let go of his hair and fell into his lap, having almost completely stopped being nervous at this point.

@Aurath Moonblood

"Aaand have you experienced changes in mood, behavior, vision, balance excetra?" She asked, spinning in her chair to grab a stack of papers.

@JayKuro

Revnoir led Jae down a nearly featureless hallway, only stopping his silent steps when they reached a door with a small plaque, engraved in it read Three. The brass plaque and the door together swung to the side, making way for the two Shadow Weavers and revealing a small, comfy looking office. Before Revnoir even stepped inside he felt a faint vibration against his thigh - his phone sitting in his pocket. He pulled it out, then taking a couple steps inside and nodding towards the two chairs in front of the desk to signal for Jae to take a seat, and checked what caused his phone to go off. His phone was a separate one from which he uses at the base, letting him know it must be either Aaron, John, or a wrong number.

He didn't look too pleased when he read the text he had been sent, and looked over at Jae. He went to the file cabinet beside the desk and pulled out a small stack of papers. He grabbed a pen from the little glass he kept on his desk before setting both things down in front of the now seated Jae. "Fill them out, shouldn't be too hard. I'll be back in a minute," he said with an annoyed tinge to his voice. And so, he went to leave, though before he closed the door behind him once he had gotten into the hallway he spoke up. "And there's cameras in here, don't try anything." With that, he headed back to the lobby where John had told him there was a surprise transfer being added to his list of new additions. He was less than happy about the lack of a heads up, but he figured he'd just complain about it later and keep himself from shoving his fist up someone's ass. Speaking of someone to get a fist shoved up their ass, Aaron...

(So turns out that busy thing I mentioned before, yeah that's gone. I'm here now.)

@Aurath Moonblood@Mykinkaiser

Jae set to work filling out the paperwork set in front of him quietly. He felt a little unsettled by his squad leaders warning about the cameras. Still, it didn't bother him too much. After all, he hadn't intended to do anything nefarious.

@Umbra Regalia

"Everything's stayed the same as far as I know, though my vision may have improved slightly." He said as he had never thought about it before. Though when he thought about it, he could make out things that were a bit farther away, something he knew he hadn't been able to do before he got the core implant. "It's not a bad thing is it?" He asked, though it didn't sound like he really cared if it were bad or not.

@Aurath Moonblood

"Not at all." She says, setting the stack of paper in front of him with a pen. "I need you to fill all this out. Once your done, I'll take you to the barracks and give you a map of the base." She said with a kind smile. "Then we are done with this."

@JayKuro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back