Main RP IC

Mochizuki Tonbo

The Free Spirit

Mochizuki had to stop for air eventually, the climbing thing was really taking her breath. Mochizuki really loved exploring, but she took her sweet time, which left physically her behind even other genin who didn't have the hobby.

She responded uncharacteristically strong to Kiso's glare and request to shut up, her wings buzzing like a hornets.

"I'm going to be myself, AND a great ninja, that's my nindo, MY ninja way! Why do I gotta be someone else to be a great ninja!? I don't care if Renai says so!"

With that, Mochizuki huffed, and fell behind Kiso, eventually left standing on a pole. Her smile was replaced with an angry pout, letting the others pass her.

"Just like my parents... Ugh... I just wanna be me, is it THAT hard?"

Mochizuki only started moving again when she realized that Seji had stopped. She shook her head, then jumped again after him, landing at the chosen site. She was oddly quiet, not that was paying much more attention than normal.

@Kinzu Hekmatyar @Hanarei @Edgey

Kiso shifted her attention after finishing her own response, then suddenly the motions of Mochizuki wing cause her to look back at the fairly like girl. Tilting her head to one side when the girl when Mochi implied that Kiso told her to change, Kiso already learn early in her academy career not many saw eye to eye to her code and gave up trying to convert others. After all, it didn't do her no good to preach to a deaf ear or those who simply were disinterested, than Kiso was compared to Mochi parents. She didn't know how to take this other than that she must be mature, Kiso didn't have a problem with that.

If she wanted to be different Kiso didn't mind after all there were multiple ways to skin a cat, at least that what her mother said or was it a fish. Beside the point, she paid the girl little mind as long as she stopped talking to Kiso about nonsense than it was worth the bitter feeling Kiso reason. her attention back to their Sensei walking over to him seizing him up once more , he was talking to his self again for some reason or something. This is why she was here, after all, to learn from him and get promoted to a chunin , she did look in the direction of their other comrade who took the stairs. She didn't decide on how she felt about her yet,perhap she could get along with her better than Mochi.

@Ganryu @Hanarei @Edgey

Kiyoko Sakae

Kiyoko managed to keep her team in sight, even if she was quite behind. For a moment, she was concerned she might actually lose them and end up having to search around, but part of her wondered if she wouldn't prefer that. Perhaps she could just wander off, claiming she got lost. They might punish her and send her back to the academy, but then she might get a better teacher! But she was far too cowardly to be such a renegade. No, she would follow her team and try to participate to the best of her ability. She was sure that once they really got into the swing of things, she would forget all about how silly Seji was.

She started to close the gap on her new comrades when she caught the edge of a conversation between Kiso and Mochizuki. First thing she heard was "Kiso does not like the idle chatter of a civilian". What followed was Mochizuki having a fit and....flying atop a pole? Kiyoko sighed in dismay. Their team was already fighting, and they hadn't even done a proper mission together yet. It sounded like such a trivial disagreement too, with Kiso making oddly pompous remarks and Mochizuki yelling about being a great ninja in response. Carrying on past the sulking Mochizuki, Kiyoko resolved to just get the day over with already. Part of her wanted to say something, but she didn't fully understand why they were fighting, so she felt she should stay out of it. Perhaps this would all be water under the bridge tomorrow.

She joined Kiso at the position Seji had set out for them. Mochizuki joined them shortly afterwards. "I think we're all ready, sir." Kiyoko told him. Now, perhaps they could finally start on the road to real accomplishments rather than engaging in relentless theatrics.

@Hanarei @Ganryu @Kinzu Hekmatyar

Renai-Banner_zpsclf4kgx7.jpg

Renai watched as the girl wavered, her cold expression lingering on her face. Her eyes locked onto hers, watching her remove the contacts exposing her white eyes. She seemed unmoved by her gesture, giving the girl little sign of her own feelings about the situation. The village leader shifted only briefly as she activated her Byakugan. It was something Renai had witnessed herself during the war before. It was those eyes that were sought out by various ninja to both learn of and to take possession of themselves. There was no doubt of the potential they held in the hands of a skilled user being able to see to such an extent.

"Cursed eyes you say? Such a visual jutsu is no curse... it is a gift that is very valuable to any who posses it." She spoke firmly looking down upon the girl. She lifted her hand up, extending her fingers out. Her hand moved slowly, as if aiming to reach for her eyes to grab it. It wasn't uncommon knowledge that it was often best to extract to eyes from a living host if possible, or very shortly after death to better preserve their ability to the fullest extent. It was only further increased by the fact the branch family were given a seal to purposely destroy the eyes upon their death to prevent it from being stolen.

Her fingers reached out approach her left eye closer and closer, the distances growing smaller and smaller as she seemed unflinching in her slow motion to her eye. Inch by inch of distance vanished as her fingers looked as if they were about to pluck the girl's left eye right out. Her expression had not changed, still remaining cold and lifeless. It was as if she was building tension in the room for the young girl.

Her fingers shifted just before reaching her eye. She pulled back her thumb, suddenly tapping her index and middle finger against the the girl's forehead. She kept silent for a few seconds before she finally spoke. "You actually believed your elder would be ignorant to what abilities one in her flock has? It is the elder's job to protect those young ones.... as such they know as much about their little birds as possible to keep them safe." She spoke, pulling away her finger from her forehead, smiling at the girl.

"You can put your contacts back on if you wish. It is a shame, I'm sure such beautiful eyes you hide away would be sure to draw the attention of one who would you wish to spend the rest of your life in the future." She added a bit in a light hearted manor. The woman took a step back looking down at the girl.

@Pinkalyn

Seji-Banner_zpsrwidcgtr.jpg

Seji watched as his Genin found there way standing before him. He nodded in response, keeping his arms crossed. He nodded again at Kiyoko's words. "Yes yes, I see my lil' ones have all gathered up as asked, though a bit slow. A true shinobi will know how to flow. If you got the ability don't go thinking about having it stow. Be in flight like a crow!" He spoke out, obvious his attempt to rhyme falling flat as he struggled to piece together the last two elements. Naturally, Seji did his best to act 'cool' and hide that fact as he kept his arms crossed.

He crouched down, looking up to his students as he seemed to try and get on 'their' height more, trying to be a bit more personal. It wasn't something Seji usually did. Even if he managed to look a little goofy in the process, it was still him dropping his 'guard' of coolness in some way to be more personal. He shifted his glasses down, glancing at them with his reddish brown eyes.

"Well then my padawans, lets get some introductions done before we get to whipping you into shape? Name's Seji..." He spoke pointing to himself with his left thumb. "I like being cool, and cool things, and cool philosphy. I'll have ta' talk about that goodness with yall some time later. My goal is to be the coolest and most bad... awesome there is, and to getcha all to be the finest shinobi to ever grace the village." He spoke with a smirk looking to them.

He looked at his students, glancing between the Genin. "Now spill it! Names, things ya' like, and what is your goal?" He questioned them all, standing up again looking down upon them all giving them a chance to introduce themselves in their own way.

@Edgey @Ganryu @Kinzu Hekmatyar

Suzume Hyuga

Suzume began to speak, after hearing the comment about the gift of her eyes, "It is no gift to be hunted, for a power I cannot invoke, by a clan I cannot be a part of and a world I cannot trust." she's speaking carefully, and more slowly as she watches Renai's movements. She's only used the Byakugan a few sparse times, and so watching the village's leader steadily moving closer to her was putting her on edge. "Th-" she stutters, taking a firm step back in an attempt to put distance between them, "The only time it is of use, is when- when.." she swallows hard, interrupting herself the first time and falling silent the second time. She didn't feel malice, or killing intent, but the closeness made her so uncomfortable she could hardly stand to resist striking out at that hand.

And then suddenly it's on her forehead, sending waves of jarring nerve jolts through her body. She felt endangered by the touch. Frightened. Yet, with her eyes watching the flow of chakra in Renai's body, she felt at least moderately certain this was no jutsu or attempt on her life. "How do I make a gift of this curse, when I am forced by their very nature and origin to keep them hidden? They're worse than useless to me. They put me in more danger with their use than I would be if I didn't have them at all."

With that statement she releases the jutsu, her eyes returning to their normal state. She begins to take the contacts out of their case, which is itself camouflaged to blend in with the side of one of her bags, and places them into her eyes. Once they have taken on that vibrant blue quality once more, she continues to speak, "And why haven't you already cast me out, if you know? If you've known all along, don't you know the danger I pose to your village? Shouldn't you want me dead just as much as anyone else?" Her voice is calm and level now, but her body still shivers. She doesn't look like she's going to cry anymore, but the edges of her lips droop in a small frown that displays her obvious displeasure with her current situation. Her eyes remain on her leader, but her mind has begun to wander into dark territory. The fear of exile, death, capture and torture loomed heavily over her thoughts, and if/when Renai began to speak again she would seem to snap back to attention with a jolt of awareness, as the words break the hold of her self-torturing mind.

@Hanarei

Last edited by a moderator:
Kiso would eye Seji back as he would come to their "heights" her own height at 5'4 ft vs Seji 6'1 ft. Kiso blue eyes didn't show much in the way of intelligence, as she was mentally confused by Seji earlier line about crows a flying? What did that have to do with their ninja lifestyle, she never did understand why Seji rhymed everything she didn't catch him stumbling over that last bit about stow and crow.Though his reddish brown eyes did catch her attention, had they saw Neji without his glasses Kiso took a moment to try and recall if she had.

She blinked a few times it was time to do a formal introduction, Kiso would do her usual formal bow to Seji as she began her introduction. As she righted herself,"I am Kiso Ringo, I enjoy nothing more than honing my skilling for battle. My goal is to serve my village with honor until death". She remarks with a somewhat fanatical tone and expression as she spoke though once she finish her expression relaxed to her more reserved expression. Though her ideas were a bit out of her depth in a sense, this was all she grew up to hear from her mother. As the Ringo clan were known for their reckless nature in combat, something of suicidal charges. Kiso mother always told her never to fear death as it comes for everyone sooner or later.

However, deep down Kiso did harbor fear,was it natural to be afraid of death would honor and glory actually aid in anything in death she wonders. But she wouldn't let the other know at least for now she would be their vanguard when they first got into combat she reason ,she must uphold her family pride like it or not fear would ruin her career she glances. She would await her comrades introductions .

@Hanarei @Edgey @Ganryu

Kiyoko Sakae

Kiyoko cringed as she heard Seji begin to rhyme. It reminded her of the fact that this was likely to be the norm throughout her time under his tutelage. She had to wonder if we would keep up this act even in a combat situation. But if he was that incompetent, he surely would have never been made a Chuunin. She didn't know why he bothered to introduce himself, given they all knew exactly who he was and what he was like. He probably just wanted to play up his "coolness" yet again. At least he didn't spend too long ranting about himself.

It was then their turn to introduce themselves. Kiso went first. From her introduction, Kiyoko could deduce that the things she had heard about her were largely accurate. It was hard for Kiyoko to imagine how someone could act like such a machine, as though her only purpose was to be a soldier. But at least if she was truly as dedicated to combat as she claimed, she would make a reliable comrade. Kiyoko realised that Mochizuki was not the first to open her mouth, which was perhaps indicative of just how much her spat with Kiso was affecting her. In the interest of avoiding an awkward silence, Kiyoko took the opportunity to speak next.

"I'm Kiyoko Sakae...." Upon speaking, she felt a wave of anxiety wash over her. This was the part where she was supposed to talk about herself. She hated talking about herself. Talking about herself usually invited everyone to make fun of her. After a moment's hesitation, she blurted out; "...I like to learn things.....and I would like to keep learning things. That's all." She couldn't help but imagine she had just cemented herself as the nerdiest and most awkward person in the group. She supposed it would have to come out eventually, not that it made it feel any better to have let it out like that. Hopefully Mochizuki's introduction would take the attention off herself.

@Ganryu @Kinzu Hekmatyar @Hanarei

Kazou Yamamoto

Giving a sigh he checked his watch, then to his now slightly angered student with a large smudged black mark on his forehead. He would have to improve moral later, for now, it was time to leave. Leave to where? A good question disembodied voice that i made up just to ask that question in a narrative sense.

"Follow me, we will be first performing a small test to ascertain you level of skill in the various forms of jutsu and your natural cunning, your marks from your academy days are one thing, but I must see your potential in action if I am to judge you accordingly." the man stated as he left the room, motioning his student to follow him.

"The task will be relatively simple, the target will be going from this building to a store across town, it will then pick up a package then ehad to another destination, you must capture the target before it reaches that final destination, you have done mock missions like this before in the academy but this shall be your first true run, do all you must to capture the target, just try not to cause any trouble while you are out there." he continued to explain as his steps became slightly faster, in truth he couldn't hide his excitement, he always loved putting the new students through this one, mostly because of their initial reaction to the carrier.

Finally exiting the school he looked to his student and smiled. "If you succeed, i shall treat you to dinner, your choice. If I win however... well, we will leave that for a suprise." his smile gave off an almost malevolent aura as the man started to perform hand signs with almost alarming quickness.

Boar-dog-bird-monkey- ram.

And with his technique complete, focusing his chakra into it to draw forth his faithful companion he announced it's name.

"Come forth Shiusagi, we have work to do."

With a large puff of a smoke the beast came forth, teeth large and made for crushing and chewing, fur of purest white, floppy ears drooping off to the side, fluffy widdle ittdy bitty puff tail~!

Into the world was summoned the creature named Shiusagi-Saisho, Death rabbit.

"Ey boss you called man?" The rabbit asked in a gruff voice that ill suited it's very being. "Time for the delivery yea?"

"Indeed, exactly as last time."

"Gotchyea boss, oi kid! Yea you! So your the new one eh? Sucks to be you to have to go against me, I'll have yea know I'm the fastest of the 5 brothers, so I guess I'll go right easy on yea, since your just a little kid after all." the rabbit smirked mockingly at the young man as Kazou opened his coat pocket, pulling out a small envelope, handing it to the rabbit.

"Roight, kid, yea ready?"

@One Mean Ghost

embed.php

In any other situation, Ryu likely would have laughed at the prospect of chasing down a rabbit... In any other situation, he would have had some fun with this. But he had already failed quite righteously once, the last thing he needed to do was leg his guard down again and fail a second time in the same day. No, even if he burned out every last drop of chakra and stamina he possessed, he was going to catch that cocky ass rabbit... Although Kazuo sensei would have probably liked to see Ryu laugh or underestimate the Death Rabbit, Ryu was not in any mood to screw up a second time...

oi kid! Yea you! So your the new one eh? Sucks to be you to have to go against me, I'll have yea know I'm the fastest of the 5 brothers, so I guess I'll go right easy on yea, since your just a little kid after all."

Ryu's eyes narrowed at the rabbit. He didn't give any response though, only nodding his head when the Rabbit asked if he was ready. This was just the first step. The first of many to get him back into his family's good graces. He would not fail. He could not fail. Not this time... Not again...

A ninja always liked to make the first strike.

With one hand his hand signs began, before his hand went over his face and his body quickly vanished from sight. This wasn't the same as before. He was far more focused, and the Genjutsu was accordingly far stronger. The best way to catch this rabbit was for the rabbit to never know where he was...

And so it begins...

@Orikanyo

Renai watched the girl's timid reaction. She let out a sigh, stepping back from her. "It is all up to you whether you use the gift you have or not. I care little if you truly seek to hide it away... or you utilize it. As silly as I find it that you might wish to hold yourself back, I won't question it if it burdens you so much. One who possess a Kekkei Genaki has something many others wish they could hold. There are plenty of talented shinobi who are more then deserving to have that kind of gift, yet walk their path without it. Truthfully, I must admit I am uncertain just what those individuals think... though one might assume they would look at it as wasteful to not use such a trait."

She went silent for a moment, feeling as if she droned on for far longer then she had intended. She shook her head a bit, sorting her words out. "None the less... this village was founded as just a mercenary village as I said before. We are compromised almost entirely of families who had at one point held loyalty to another village. If they so want to hunt you down, they will learn the village has no desire of allowing one of its own to be taken." She spoke looking to the girl.

She shifted a bit on her feet. "All I ask is you show honesty with those around the village who you will work with. It is one thing to live within the city keeping your identity hidden, it is another when you do so with those who you fight beside. Again... whether you use your eyes or not is all up to you." She spoke pointing at the girl looking at her.

@Pinkalyn

SUZUME HYUUGA

Suzume listened with silent trepidation, the almost chastising sting of the words being told to her leaving their mark. Had she really been limiting herself so greatly by hiding her cursed eyes? She had never considered the fact before. She knew that they were valuable, certainly, but she had only ever used them in very small bursts, and knew very little about the extent of their power. "I think I understand, Lady Renai." she said, after thinking it over for a long time. It was for the same reasons that she had needed to leave her home to enter the Academy in the first place. "If I carry a weakness with me into battle, I'll be endangering everyone around me. Is that why.. you wanted to talk to me today? So that I would turn my weakness into a strength..."

She stops again, pressing a finger so very lightly to her contact before pulling away again, leaving them in for now. "I see. Then... I suppose there is no time for me to rest now. I have so many questions, though. Questions that I don't think can be answered by someone who doesn't possess the cursed eyes." she continues to use that moniker even despite the encouragement to see them as a gift, "Perhaps the first question I need to ask.. is why I wasn't assigned to a team during graduation. I know that I've not been very good at working with others, but... to not have a team feels shameful. Like I've done something wrong, and don't deserve a sensei or teammates." she places her hands behind her back and stands up a bit taller, her back straightening out. Her eyes are still watching Renai, but her mind seems elsewhere.

Her thoughts race, her head a silent storm of questions that she doesn't voice, 'What will Horosha say when he finds out that my secret has been revealed? After all this hard work keeping me hidden, surely he's going to be disappointed in me. I still haven't even told him that I lacked a team. How will I explain all of this? And how will I train my eyes, when I hardly understand them? Will Horosha know how to help?' It was like she was trying to plan out the rest of her day and perhaps even her week. All while waiting for Renai to respond again, and perhaps shed some light on what her next move should be.

Mochizuki Tonbo

The Free Spirit

Mochizuki remained quiet for a minute as her teammates introduced themselves, a little self absorbed. Kiso's comment still bothered her.

"as Kiso does not like the idle chatter of a civilian"
Was there really such a big difference between a ninja and a civilian? Mochizuki had always thought the only difference were ninja were strong enough to protect civilians. If they were completely different, what was the point of protecting them? Mochizuki didn't want to be different to be ninja. Kiso's introduction hit the same thing. She lived to be a ninja, that was for sure. The line of thought scared Mochizuki. Kiyoko's intro was so fast Mochizuki nearly missed it.

Mochizuki's worries about losing herself faded when her eyes went back up, and saw Seji. Seji was Seji no matter what was happening!

Her wings spread as she stepped forward, her normal cheery expression returning.

"Aaaand IIII'm Mochizuki Tonbo! Imma be a great ninja, and Imma do it being myself! I mean, how can you help other people if you can't help yourself? Some don't like it, Imma show them up. Imma be a good ninja without losing myself, better than my parents, that's for sure, they're going to be proud of me, so's everyone else. Oh, and I like climbing. I climb around here alot, it's fun. I'm not near as good as Minori though.... she's my best friend. We're all going to be friends, I'm sure of it. Call me if you need any help, cause I'm Mochizuki."

Shi-usagi

"Genjutsu eh? Mind tricks, what are yea teachin the kids these days if they show their jutsus off first thing? No sense of suspense or flair."

"Seji was his teacher before me, that answers most questions you will have."

"Eh? Seji? Little Seji? Oi I loved that kid! Well, see yea Kazou." The rabbit dismissed himself and took a few slow hops forward like a calm rabbit on a stroll, searching for food.

Shi-usagi kept up this slow hopping for a good 20 minutes, each hop after a second or so of silent thought, hop, stop, hop, stop, hop, sniffle, hop, stop, hop, scratch ear, hop...

In truth, he had hardly made it around two corners by the time the whole job started to give off the feeling of a test of patience.

And thats when the rabbit started to sing.

"Nintey-nine bottles of sake on the wall nintey nine bottles of sake, you take one down you pass it around, ninety eight bottles of sake on the wall, ninety eight bottles of sake on the wall ninety eight bottles of sake, you take one down you pass it around ninety seven bottles of sake on the wall, ninety seven bottles of sake on the wall ninety seven bottles of sake! You take one down to pass it around Ninety six bottlesof sake on the wall! Ninety-six bottles of...-"

While it's voice was not exactly a terrible one... one could wager you'd go mad by around the 33rd bottle.

@One Mean Ghost (test of wills, WILL~ he stand up to it?)

embed.php

In any normal situation, Ryu likely would have wanted to silence the annoying rabbit immediately. However, he remembered quite clearly what the rabbit had said. He was the fastest of five brothers. No, a full frontal assault would do him little besides exhausting the hell out of him. Besides, it was quite obvious the rabbit was toying with him. Rather than be trolled by a bunny, Ryu stayed calm. If he alerted that bunny to his location, no doubt he'd find out just how fast the little rabbit could run. Any attacks would likely cause the same issue.

A ninja had to be patient. Ryu kept his Genjutsu up as he tailed the rabbit, making sure the Genjutsu kept him from being seen at all. It was a matter of seeing where the rabbit was going. Right now, no matter what angle he attacked from, the rabbit had countless angles of escape. No, Ryu knew when the best time to strike would be. He just had to wait for the opportunity to present itself. Kazuo Sensei had said the bunny would have to pick up an order AND deliver it in order for this to be a failure.

So, as Ryu stalked the rabbit, he plotted when the best opportunity to strike would be. The prime moment would be just as the bunny was exchanging the letter for whatever package it needed. At least for a few moments, that rabbit would be vulnerable. If he was lucky, wherever this package was would be inside of a building. He would need any advantage he could get to catch this bunny, and if the bunny had less directions to move, it would be so much the better.

So the plan was set. All he had to do now was stay on the rabbit's tail until it stopped to make the exchange. If he was fortunate, that would be his moment of victory. Then maybe he could hold his head up again, if just a little...

@Orikanyo

Renai watched the girl as she questioned her. She shook her head. "Don't worry... you will get a team soon enough. It was important I talked with you first is all. As I said... its important that when it comes to those you will be working primarily with, that they know important things about you. Of course... it also means you need to learn as well that teamwork is key to making it as a ninja. I'm not saying to expose your secret to everyone... simply to be honest with your teammates... particularly the Jonin you will be working with."

Renai walked back over standing in front of the girl looking down upon her. "Trust me... you won't want to be working on your own when it comes to being a fresh Genin. If you get past their test... a big if... you will be hoping to have others around who will be able to hold you up with out battered and beaten you all will be. Getting the rank of a Genin is something any two bit slacker can get if they put a little work into it... keeping that rank is something that you must show true potential to even have a remote chance to make it."

She put her hand on the girl's head. She smirked a bit looking down upon her. "Consider this extra advice as a kindness on my part. In truth... it likely won't be enough to even help you make your way through your training." She glanced back at her desk, sighing a bit looking upon it. She ventured backed towards it, looking at the tedium of her work... the paperwork.

"Shame really I have so many duties to do. I miss throwing the Genin into the wringer... granted I have to admit I never was good at it. I don't think I ever had even a single Genin manage to pass through under my watch... though I suppose it was me being too strict. At least the other Jonin could get 1 or 2 on rare occasions through." She spoke out as if in some sort of nostalgia while purposely toying with her nerves.

@Pinkalyn

SUZUME HYUUGA

@Hanarei

A bell chimed in Suzume's head as a thought occurred to her. Then another and another. Soon it was a wild storm of information blowing through her mind. Renai was getting up again. Suzume heard every word, but she was no longer listening. Renai had triggered the girl's greatest asset as of yet, and her most dangerous weakness. She was analyzing. The room became a map. How long before Renai closed the gap, at that speed? Would she make another attempt at psyching her out, with those fingers so close to Suzume's eyes, or would this be another touch along the head or shoulders?

The words began to register in her head, form patterns, form possibilities. Teamwork. It was an important quality, she was taught in school, but she also knew that personal strength was just as important. A weak link in a team would be targeted She was being targeted right now. Singled out, pulled away, isolated. Trapped. She knew a jutsu for this. The academy had trained her to avoid taking damage through substitutions, but that practice usually involved heavy logs meant to block an attack, not imitate her presence to avoid a touch. She'd have to be more clever, especially with the given lack of logs lying about the office. She turned her head away and down just a moment as if to ponder what she was being told, but instead she swept the room for anything she could use.

Why would it be important to talk to her before she joined a team? Why did Renai avoid telling her what team she was on, or who her Jonin would be? More importantly, weren't some teams ran by Chuunin? That eliminated a small handful of ninja being her mentor already. Renai was almost upon her now. Speaking of the importance of teams again, but this somehow felt like a diversion. Renai was once more reinforcing the value of teamwork and the fact that teamwork and talent would be required to keep her rank.

This was it. Renai was looking down on her. That hand was moving. Suzume's eyes were following its every muscle twitch, while at the same time keeping close watch on Renai's eyes, waiting for just the right moment when Renai might blink or otherwise seem distracted. But it was too late. Throwing a smoke bomb, creating a clone, even just simply dodging the hand. Her muscles spasmed and one eye twitched. It was on her head now. That hand. That contact. That helpless feeling. She hadn't planned for the leader of the village to be so.... touchy.

"I've never relied on my soul-seeing eyes to get this far. I'm here, now, as a genin because I want to be strong. Stronger than my enemies. Stronger than anyone who would take my eyes. Stronger than the whole world if I have to be. I... want to be strong enough, not to be afraid. I don't want to live forever as a caged bird. That's why I must be strong." half of those words, the repeated 'strong', it wasn't meant to be showy. It was meant for herself, to calm herself in this stressful situation. If she could call herself strong, then she could withstand the repeated touching from Renai. Renai, who seemed to be enjoying toying with her reactions.

'No.. she's not toying with me.. this is a test.' Suzume's eyes flickered upwards, toward the arm now retreating from her head. 'She's testing me. She has been since the beginning, hasn't she?' Renai begins to talk about how she used to train Genin, but likely never passed a single one. 'First, she tested my resolve. Then when I failed that, she tested my loyalty to the village. She knew about my eyes, I don't doubt that. So how much does she know about me? More importantly, if this is a test.. what's the correct answer? Does she want me to give up, because I'm being presented with unlikely odds? I can't give up. I have enemies. My enemies are great, powerful ninja. I don't know them, but they know me, or at least of me. If I give up, I may as well be giving myself to them...'

Renai was turning away now, back of her head towards Suzume so that the girl had a moment to prepare her next move, "If they all failed the test, is it because the test was too hard, they weren't skilled enough..." she paused for dramatic effect, forming the seals of the Byakugan, "Or did they simply not yet know they were being tested until it was too late?" she activated her Byakugan, scanning the area immediately in front of her and around Renai for anything out of the ordinary.

Shi-uasgi

It was some time but after the 31 st bottle of sake pulled off the wall, and various other people joining in on the song that shi-usagi reached the store in question.

The store was far from one would expect a ninja rabbit would go to, nor one that would come to make people think it is some sort of secret package dead drop point. "Ah, finally here, if yer listenin' kid I'll be kicking it up to a jog after this, gotta get home before dinner-time yea here and the big boss would probably like this things hot."

The rabbit shouted to the air, his nose wiggling and sniffing, the large floppy ears keen on the poor sod's position... You don't become a Shi-usagi without hearing truth, contrary to common opinion of rabbits, the Shi-usagi brothers, and sister, are some of the greatest guardians of the spirit world. Each and every single one of them has gained the ability to HEAR the TRUTH, a jutsu piercing ability that allows the rabbits to hear beyond noise damping or illusion jutsu, listening to the pulses of chakra within those techniques to understand what is an illusion, what is truth, and what is only a half truth, the most dangerous of them all.

For example; should a person use shadow clone jutsu in front of a Shi-usagi, the ears will pick up the loud pulse of chakra that is the shadow clone, using it's minor connection to the host to triangulate the host's position, by using this technique it uses the opponent's own illusions and ninjutsu against them, and also allows for those attempting a sneakier approach to be heard on another medium should they choose to use any supplementary jutsu.

Regardless, it was time to gather his delivery, taking out the letter he was given and hopping into the front door he gave a wave to the man at the counter. "Evening, back again for the delivery."

The man behind the counter, surrounded by sweets and confectionery was a mountain of muscle, a bear in a human's guise, from his short brown hair, coarse strong beard all the way down to his feet he exuded a aura of impossible strength for a man who mans the counter of a confectionery...

"OH~! welcome welcome my cute widdle bunny, here for the delivery again hmm~!" the man's effeminate voice echoed out of the room, his large muscled hands waveing happily to the little rabbit that entered the store and was hopping it's way to the counter.

"I have it right here, give me a moment~!" the man stated as he dissappeared behind the counter, coming out with a large box that was nearly 3x the size of the rabbit. "Here you go sweety, have a nice trip~! Tell Ren I said hello for me hmm~!" "Right, see yea around." the rabbit stated as he jumped on the counter to pick up the delivery.

embed.php

Ryu sighed, dropping the illusion as the rabbit went inside. Clearly, he was having horrible luck with his Genjutsu. He looked up at the store, some sort of confectionery... A small smirk crossed Ryu's lips. He'd have a hostage now. It was just a matter of setting the trap...

When the rabbit eventually came back out, the ground was soaked with water for several blocks, even the walls of the buildings had a thick coat of water running down them. Ryu was leaning on the wall opposite the door the rabbit exited, just watching him. Clearly this rabbit could see through his Genjutsu, and without his stealth was nothing to write home about. So, a more direct approach was the only viable solution.

"Before you ask why I'm out in the open, you made it abundantly clear that hiding from you wasn't going to work, so I had to change tactics..." he sighed, both hands at his sides as he stood straight up. "For that reason, you've forced my hand into taking a hostage... I have no doubt about your speed, should you take off running no doubt I'd never catch up. But as you can see.... We're in my domain now..." He paused, gesturing to the water that seemed to be everywhere by now. "Sure, I may not be able to catch you... But I can most assuredly ruin whatever confection is in that box before you get away. If you doubt my ability to do so.... You should know I am a member of the Mizuchi clan..." he remarked. The Mizuchi clan was well known for their diverse and powerful water style Ninjutsu....

So this was the trap, he had taken the time to coat everything in water. This thing didn't know what water style Ninjutsu he was capable of, and given his name, it would be one hell of a gamble to test him. "Now, I heard where this thing is supposed to be going. I'm sure you don't want to show up with a ruined prize. Make no mistake, if you attempt to run whatever's in there will be ruined, even if all I really do is slow you down besides that." Ryu remarked, his gaze unblinking as he watched the rabbit. The instant he saw the signs of flight, he would start firing Aqua Jets as fast as he could manage, which was, as it would happen, very, very quickly. Ryu was taking a gamble himself. If the rabbit didn't care if the package got there in one piece, this would fail, but frankly he was running out of options. His strength in Genjutsu was starting to seem more and more useless every second, and his speed and stealth wouldn't be enough to catch the rabbit, and in a dead on fight the rabbit would likely just run away and escape. This trap would make up for his lack of speed. Any bit of that water could become part of his attack, there was absolutely no safe avenue for escape, especially since the shop had no back door, and even if it did, Ryu had thoroughly covered the back part of the shop too.

A faint trace of a smile crossed his lips, his cold, calculating demeanor dropping if just for that instant. "Oh, and once our game is over, I'll help you with the delivery. We wouldn't want you-know-who to be left waiting after all... I don't want to assume you like carrots, but if you do, there is that shop along the way. I could afford to get you some if you'd like" he added to sweeten the deal. Frankly, Ryu was well aware that this should be a team mission. In a team, there would be a lot more options to go on. Sadly, as a a solo he was in a lot of trouble, because this rabbit seemed to be the perfect antithesis to everything he could do. This bargain was his last good shot. If the rabbit ran, true, he'd ruin whatever was in the package for sure, but he'd still likely fail the mission, as this thing was quicker and more agile than he was. If he got lucky, maybe he'd pull it off, but hands down this trap revealed would be best bet.

He just had to hope the rabbit cared enough about making the delivery without it being ruined to accept it...

Sometimes, a ninja had to know when fighting wasn't going to get the desired results. Sometimes, a ninja had to be a negotiator...

@Orikanyo

Kazou Yamamoto

Staring down at the scene he gave a large smile, good bit of thinking, while he did not know if the delivery was important he took a pretty sound wager. "Clever... resourceful... This was a sound trap. Perhaps it will hold up against Shi-usagi... perhaps. Lets see how he retaliates."

Shi-usagi

"Hrrr.... damn kid... You think you got me? I'll show you..." the rabbit grumbled as it shut the door once more, retreating back inside. From inside some mumbled words could be heard. "...Clo....damn kid... Smug... big for his britches..."

When suddenly within the store was filled with a great cloud of smoke, a smoke that clouded the windows outside in it's whiteness... Wait... that wasn't a cloud...

"...Oh dear... Good luck Ryunosuke."

The door slid open slowly at first... but when the door was all the way open... The waves upon waves of rabbits with boxes on their backs was astronomical...

It was but a moment of silence, a tense moment of "oh dear god." that told of the stampede that was going to take place, this...

this was gona be a big one...

[media]

[/media]
to set the mood.

The waves upon waves of clones rushed out like a typhoon of fluffy whiteness, a furious sheet of rabbit after rabbit, each one that was speared by a jet was replaced once more by another, and another, then more and more, a nigh impossible amount of rabbits came funneling out of that building like a vat of condensed water sprung a leak, they were relentless in their ferocious march.

Shi-usagi was not to be found, but he was within this cloud of anger and fluffyness, and they had still yet to leave the area of the trap.

embed.php

"You've got to be fucking kidding me...." Ryunosuke couldn't help but groan watching the flood of rabbits... his fingers flew in a blur as Aqua Jets seemed to come from everywhere, from above, from below, even from the sides. He focused his chakra, widening the shots so more targets would be hit at a time, focusing on clusters with the big shots and hitting any stragglers with smaller shots. This was going to be a battle to see how long his Chakra would hold up and he knew it. Although Aqua Jet by itself wasn't a super impressive jutsu, the skill and dexterity with which he used it was, using each hand separately to continuously call upon the Jutsu whenever it dissipated.

He was somehow keeping the flood contained, but sweat was beading on his forehead. Whereas before this was a test of patience, now it was a test of endurance. This trap was his best chance to nab that fluffy fuzzball, and if this failed, he wouldn't have the Chakra left for other Ninjutsu, and since his Genjutsu was all but useless.... That would mean.... Failure...

No! He couldn't let that happen again... Not this time... Not when he was just getting started again...

At least he was being smart about his usage of his aqua jets. Rather than firing at random, he was firing in a cross fire pattern to take out as many clones per shot as he could possibly manage. If he was just firing randomly, there would have been no chance of him weathering this onslaught. As he kept up this cross fire of water, he kept his eyes open for something, ANYTHING, that would reveal where the real rabbit was....

He wasn't going to fail this time... He'd black out from overuse of Chakra long before he'd stop.... It was bad enough he had (intentionally) failed his Academy exit exam three times, he would never be able to live it down if he was bested by a bunch of bouncing babbling boisterous bunnies...

@Orikanyo

Seji-Banner_zpsrwidcgtr.jpg

Seji nodded as he listened to each student. He allowed each one to introduce themselves. He kept his arms crossed nodding overly enthusiastically. "Ah... interesting interesting. Each of 'yas got your own lil feel and that is perfect fer' the team to be even better. What makes a good team is a team that's got ya' individual flow that mixes into one big whirl pool of cool. Don't worry my little bees, I'll make sure ya each complete yer goals... or find even better ones ya' never knew you had in ya!"

He propped himself up looking at his students. "I suppose I should introduce the otha, one might call 'em my brotha. Before we get into that noise, lets get moving girls and b..." He paused looking at his team, finding an impass as his rhyme came crashing to a brief halt. He began to mutter under his breath. "Boys... Coys... toys... roys... hoys... voys... noys..." He spoke in a hushed whisper to himself as he attempted to redeem his rhyme. He struggled to find another word. Why can't I have any boys on the team... makin' my rhyming so much harder...

He jumped up, having given up on his attempt to finish his rhyme. He stretched a bit, waving his arm. "Follow quickly, consider this the first test. Watch your step, I got the perfect lil' factory for your first big test. We will see which... if any of yall will be worthy of any salt being a Shinobi." He spoke waving his hand. He jumped forward, jumping up making his way to the roof tops as he began to travel into the much more abandoned sections of town, giving a brief glance back to ensure his little Genin were keeping up and following.

@Edgey @Ganryu @Kinzu Hekmatyar

Akihiro Tsubasha

Akihiro stood in the park, looking around. With a sigh, he made his way to a small heap of garbage, passing the overgrown plants. Akihiro planed to get the higher ground, as he was often taught. He wanted to see a tree, however small, just to stand in it as he would've usually do. Soon, he got lost in his taughts. "When are the other coming? I could've used this time to train..."

Akihiro had an idea. Looking around and spotting the plants, he decided to climb on things. Taking his stance, he started to run towards a solid looking plant. His foot hit it, then jumping to catch a branch from a sort-of tree. He missed the branch, this leaving him with colliding with the heap of junk, his body being dragged along the ground, coughing, but managing to steady himself, standing crouched. "Great. Treacherous ground. Should've taught so." He stood up, looking around.

With a sigh, Akihiro sat down, starting to patiently wait for his teammates. He took out a kunai and started to spin it on his finger, trying to stop the boredom, but at the same time, he decided he would exercise his mind, by standing still and analyzing his surroundings.

Kiso listened to her comrades introductions, it was fine by her for them to have their own ninja ways.None the less neither of them had anything too glaring for Kiso to pick at, besides she edge of simply saying she wasn't here to make friends but simple to graduate. But that would've been simply nasty and needless to say, she would tilt her head as seji began his rhyming method of speech she wonder if she ever hit a rhyming block. The she saw it happen right in front of her when he started to rhyme about them moving out.

She would've prepared for herself when, Seiji had jumped and began to stretch. Then he spoke about seeing if they could keep up, this made Kiso fairly content a physical test first this was where she could shine.She would rush after Seiji bounding up after him like a bloodhound, her eyes showed some delight.Once she got to the roof top, she would race forward after Seji she thought now what will happen in this factory . Will they actually make it through it with ease or will they struggle,though she wouldn't complain this would also allow her to learn about her comrades .

@Edgey @Ganryu @Hanarei

The cloud of rabbits shifted, turned, rolled and rushed its way through the endless torrent of water, more and more falling upon the clones, destroying more and more as the crowd dwindled down to the small size.

Only three remained, each one heading towards a different path, ready to out right rush towards their destination...

Only one of these rabbits was the true one, only one could be caught...

The one heading down an alleyway was hopping over a jet as it barely grazed it's leg, down that way Ryu would know it was a dead end, leading to a certain capture.

Another, flung down one of the roads by it's compatriots landed face first but was quickly gathering it's self, if he reacted in time, the young ninja could capture the rabbit by the ears just in time.

The last was already running just by Ryu, something that could be called a smirk across it's face as it planned to simply blast it's way forward... If he simply scooped his arm, he would catch the rabbit.

"Choose your actions wisely! If you move to catch the all, you shall find yourself with none!" Kazou spoke to his pupil from above, standing atop of a building nearby.

As Kazou spoke... those with keen eyes could see two small ears... still lingering within the doorway of the candy shop...

(Sorry for it's smallness, best we hurry along)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back