Main RP IC

It was said many, many years ago the Shu family had managed to steal a scroll from the village. Being a non-ninja family, and it being war time, they were treated like criminals, and hunted down. The village had no way of knowing exactly what scroll was taken, whether it be one for simple substitution, or a kinjutsu hidden long ago. The family was killed, but the scroll was lost.

That was 150 years ago, and was largely forgotten about except as urban myth and legend. Lately, some kids exploring the wilderness found a trap door. It led to an underground shrine of some sort, but they claim it was full of ghosts, and ran away. Since then, rumors in the village have again surfaced that is the hidden Shu Scroll.

Akihiro Tsubasha, still recovering after his unfortunate mission, decided to verify what the local kids have been saying around the village. He wanted to convince Ago or Ao to join him, but they couldn't be bothered. As always, his trusty Karuy was at his side.

"...Well, it should be around here..." Aki said to himself, as he started to look around for signs of a shrine, or something that might give him a small hint. His mind was already racing to what the scroll could hide. For a non-ninja family to take it, it must've been something important. Maybe a forbiden technique, or, as some said, a whole collection of scrolls. A smile crept on his face as all the scenarios were playing in his head.

Around the area, nothing but wasteland seemed to be anywhere. There were several clusters of rocks around, and at the base of one was a trap door, which had been collapsed by the earlier kids playing on it. Down it led into the earth. Either the Shu family were expert miners, or quite rich to have a such a tunnel underground. Torches lined the wall on the way down, but had long since gone out.

Crouching down in front of the collapsed door, Aki looked down to see how deep the hole went. Sighing and grabbing Karuy, he jumped down, landing on the small pieces of wood left, lifting dust in the sky. Coughing, he began to wave his hand, trying to get rid of the horrible smell that came from inside. "...Great, lights are out..." Karuy quickly went where the light was no more, and Aki realized that his pet racoon might help him navigate through the tunnels. "...Hey Karuy, if you lead me where I want, I'll buy you that fish we saw at the market..." The animal didn't really understand what he said, but he knew how a bribe sounded like. He began moving forward slowly, as Aki looked down as to not either step over, or go on another path alone.

The underground tunnel quickly split into several different tunnels. Some of them collapsed, others still standing. One in particular would have the smell of running water and fish down it from an underground stream, though also the smell of wood, and wax, from unlit incense candles. The rest of the tunnels had no such smell in them, mainly be used as underground smuggling tunnels. One such tunnel led all the way to Koseki, another to Kemuri, and others where they may.

Karuy stopped when he felt saw the tunnels splitting. Aki stopped as well, his eyes slightly getting used to the absence of light. He could not see well, only a few shapes. "...So, through where Karuy?..." The racoon smelt the other fragrances, but the smell of water and fish hotwired his nose. He quickly went through that cave, and Aki followed, picking the pace to follow the now very fast racoon. "...Hey, slow down..."

The river was filled with very large fish, who had been undisturbed for over a century, and permitted to grow large. A fisherman's dream would be to find just one such spot, some of the fish in the river seemed to be larger than the raccoon. Many of the fish did not have eyes, proof they had never left the cave, though others did, showing the river connected somewhere. The path once chosen didn't split off any more, as the Shu family didn't like to get lost too often. That offbranch seemed to be the only one. Up ahead, a small glimmer of light showed some sort of opening. If followed, an ancient, rotted shrine would be seen. A opening was cut into a small hill above it, not large enough to enter and exit back to sunlight above, but large enough to allow light through, lighting the shrine. The tunnel led straight to it.

Which was probably for the best, the supply of infinite fish probably didn't bode well for the raccoon.

Aki heard the water. "...What the hell..." His left foot slipped into the water, and, due to the sheer surprise, Aki let out a yelp, then quickly jumped, falling on his back in the dirt, groaning. "...Side note... Never tempt a racoon with fish..." Karuy didn't pay attention, he tried to catch some fish, only to fail misserably. Lifting himself off the ground, he dusted himself, and then observed the small light peeking. He was drawn to it, like a moth to a flame. It was indeed small, and looking through, he saw the shrine with the scroll. His heart raced, and he started to thing of what to do. Curiosity got the best of him, and he entered.

Surely the shrine didn't look like much, but the scroll, it made him smile and get very exited. Taking the scroll, he went to where he went in, but he couldn't exit. On this end, it seemed smaller than on the other side. He was stuck. "...Karuy... Karuy!" The racoon quickly went to the hole and looked at him. "...Listen, Karuy, you got to help me. You got t-" The racoon entered as well. Aki groaned, and rolled his eyes. "...Great. Just perfect. I wanted to be in ANBU, and an awesome ninja... Now? I'm gonna die in a cave!..." 

His voice started to crack, as he was starting to panick. In battle, yeah, he could keep his cool, but in a claustrophobic environment? No way in hell. Then, an idea came. At least the scroll might teach him a secret technique, or something awesome that will surely make him escape. Smilling he looked at the scroll and unfolded it.

"...Hiding like a Mole... Hidding like a .... MOLE?!" Aki began laughing. But not a funny, amused smile. This was a genuine crazy laugh. Falling on his butt, he looked at the scroll, a grin on his now red face. "...I am gonna die, because I wanted to learn to hide like a mole..."

Aki going crazy probably wasn't helped by the rattling voice that sounded through the cave. The voice was deep and reverberating, and worst of all, not human.

"Noooo~! Nooooo~! Leave our scroll, it is ours! It has been for centuries....."

A pale blue light seemed to fill the room, and a rattling of chains as a ghostly flame took form infront of Aki. The form became that of a man, written across his shirt was the word 'Shu'.

"Kemuri scum! Why can we not have juuutsu! We honor it, thrive on it! Take our lives, don't take our scroll! All of them are precious!"

The ghost slowly shuffled towards Aki. Though it wasn't moving fast, there wasn't much room to move down below. As long as Aki had that scroll, the ghost seemed rooted and directed at him.

Aki raised up, his eyes widdening. "...Eh... eh?..." He couldn't make up words for what he was seeing now. "...Y-You stole it first!..." 'Great job Aki. Why don't I just insult his ancestors too? Actually, nevermind, you might do it.' His mind was now in full panick mode. "...Y-You know what?! Have it!..." Aki threw the scroll at the ghost, as it flew through him. If at first Aki doubted it was a ghost, now it was without a shread of doubt a real ghost. All this time, Karuy stood still near the whole in the wall, gently scratching it.

A ghostly scream resounded through the room as the scroll was thrown. Though the ghost didn't have form, it's scream was enough that the cave was shaking. A viel behind the shrine fell off the hinges from the screen, revealing another tunnel continuing through the shrine.

"Our scrooooll! Do not mistreat it! It is sacred to uuuus!"

The ghost didn't seem to have any knowledge of the power of ninjutsu, and what the phrase 'C-ranked ninjutsu' meant. To him, a ninja scroll was like manna from heaven. Manna which was currently banging against the wall.

"You will paaaay! You will pay!"

The ghost flew into a rage, and flew much faster towards Aki.

Aki slowly went back, until he felt a soft material hand from the wall. Pushing against it, he fell through it. An exit, probably. "...Karuy! G-Grab that scroll and let's run!" He yelled, as he started to run through the cave system, adrenaline starting to kick in as he felt his blood cold. Karuy quickly moved and, while running, grabbed the scroll in its teeth, starting to run after Aki, catching up to him.

The ghost tried to pursue, but found it stuck, unable to leave the shrine.

"DAAAAAAAAAAAAMN YOU MEDDLING KIDS! IT IS MINE!"

His screams echoed deafeningly through the tunnels, causing them once again to shake violently.

The ghost crumbled to floating to the ground.

"At least.... at least I still have this one...."

He picked up another scroll from beneath a mat, well hidden, reading Summoning: Impure World Resurrection.

"And I will never lose you, never...."

The sound of a cave in could be heard behind Aki, the entire system behind him falling in.

The two ran like the wind, Aki throwing a few glares behind him. Finaly, he reached the exit point. It was exactly in his backyard, under his house. With no moment to spare, Aki picked up rocks and started to throw them to cover the entrance. Even Karuy started to help. His sister began lauging looking at them. "What are you two goofballs doing?" Aki turned to her, mud and dust on his face, along with a terrified expression. "...Never go to the caved in trap door. Never!" She was starting to worry about him, going near Aki and putting her hand on his head. "You don't have a fever or anything. Did yo get enough air down there Aki?" Karuy put the scroll down, and aki picked it up, looking at it. "...At least there is a silver linning. Hey sis, can you come help me pick a fish for Karuy? I promissed him one..."

The cave, the ghost and general dungeon master played by the mystical @Ganryu

Mochizuki Tonbo

Mochizuki continued watching from atop the rooftop as Yuuki made his way home. She'd figured Ayame and him had the same name, they had to be related! What were the odds they weren't? She saw him stop in a garden of an old man before being taken in. He must be Yuuki's grandpa. Still, she couldn't see Ayame in the house. So Mochizuki zoomed out, sighing. She decided to scan the area one last time, zooming around the neighborhood, hoping against hope she's see Ayame. And against hope, she did. 

Mochizuki cheered atop the roof, before coughing on the cheer. Her throat still did hurt afterall.

With a start, Mochizuki rushed down the building, quickly finding a drainpipe to slide down. Funnily enough, Mochizuki seemed to know the pipes and buildings of Kemuri better than she did the people and their houses. Infact, she had it near memorized due to her constant parkouring. The term 'bedrest' for Mochizuki meant she slept 9 hours instead of 8, and she was very quickly near Ayame. Just one rooftop above her.

"Friend Ayame!"

With a shout, Mochizuki crossed her arms, and rolled off the building. She bounced off an awning, to the ground. Mochizuki then knocked on the door, panting heavily from the flight there. 

There was no mistaking the sound of explosions just a few hours ago. Even from her home in Kemuri, Ayame could see the cloumn of smoke and dust rising from the nearby city. Was it another factory accident? Certainly wouldn't be the first time such an incident happened in Koseki . . . 

A rapid series of knocks sounded at her front door. Was it the call to head to the city she'd been half expecting to arrive? Ayame was surprised to open the door and find the genin waiting outside for her. "Mochizuki-chan? What are you doing here so late?" They weren't planning on sending still wounded genin to the disaster area, were they?

Chances are Mochizuki would notice the medical bag and flak jacket sitting on a shelf in the entranceway. It seemed the jounin was on standby.

Mochizuki caught her breath, and ran with it. She was still a little slower than normal in speaking, but that put her on par with most people.

"Well, I've been looking for your house for a while, but I had no clue where to start. Then I thought Yuuki had the same name as you, so I followed him home, then he stopped at some other house, so I looked around, and saw you. I really, really liked the story you told me and friend Kiso today. I wanna hear more like that, but I was always told not to bug adults while they were working, so I thought, can I help out? If I help out, I can hear stories like that, and be helpful while you are working. I can't train right now, so I got plenty of free time."

Mochizuki's throat hurt, but this was important, so she slogged through it.

"Can I help out Ayame?"

It was then she noticed the flak jacket, and then the medical bag right next to.

"Oh, are you going on a mission? Does it gots to do with that big ol' cloud I saw from Koseki earlier? What'cha think that is?"

Ayame blinked, a little surprised at the girl's rather long winded story. Though after a moment the surprise changed to a soft smile. "I could probably find something for you to do . . . "

She stepped back to allow the excited girl inside, her gaze moving over to the rest of her equipment. "I haven't been called out for one yet, but I'm expecting to soon with all the commotion earlier. I'm not totally sure what happened over there, likely an accident at one of the factories . . . "

Ayame motioned for Mochizuki to follow her further inside, stepping into the kitchen to begin warming up water for tea. 

Mochizuki looked at the flak jacket for a moment more, imagining what kind of history it must have had, and Mochizuki had quite the imagination. 

Mochizuki followed Ayame inside, looking around the house, curious about alot of the things in it. As far as sizes went, it was about the size of the Tonbo clan's house, but not near as empty. Most of her clan had left for Koseki, leaving just her, her parents, and big ol' house that still felt stifling. Honestly, Mochizuki tried to only be there for dinner, and to sleep, and sometimes she even skipped those. 

This house however was much more.... homey. There were alot more members inside, and Mochizuki feltl ike they must have got along alot better than she did with her family. 

Sitting oddly patiently for the tea, Mochizuki's wings still occassionally buzzed, giving the room the sound of many cicada's inside. Mochizuki decided to only ask a few questions, instead of the hundreds she'd had in mind. Ayame was nice, Mochizuki didn't want to make her mad.

"So do you get called to lotsa accidents and things like that, even in places far away like Koseki? Don't they got their own doctors? Does that make you super good at healing?"

Ayame glanced over her shoulder a few times at the sound of Mochizuki's wings buzzing. The wings members of the Tonbo clan grew had always fascinated her. In her time as a shinobi she'd come across many different kekei genkai, though very few brought such a unique physical appearance. She'd heard of some members adapting their wings for various purposes, though she wasn't sure of the full extent of their usefulness.

"I don't really get called into Koseki that often . . . but a medical shinobi can increases the chances of survival during rescues after something like a building collapse." She added in some tea leaves, setting it down on the table before moving to retrieve a few cups and some leftover ohagi she had.

A low chuckle escaped  her lips as she sat across from Mochizuki, "I wouldn't say I'm super good at healing by any means."

Mochizuki nodded her head emphatically, and even more shockingly, was paying complete attention to Ayame as she talked. Mochizuki normally had an attention span of a gnat, but she liked Ayame. The 'increases chance of survival' thing was something Mochizuki had definitely heard before... again and again. Just not about med jutsu. She almost went blank as she recalled her father giving her her blowgun and telling her that.

"I was always told the same thing about being a sniper. I don't really like it cause I'd rather put myself in danger, but only good thing is the class gets to help everyone else get through the day. Is being a med ninja kinda like that? Annoying cause ya gotta stay back, but good cause you get to help people?

'sides, I bet'cha are great at healing. My throats tons better, thanks!. I just can't use my jutsu yet. Not sure if that's worse, or everyone bein' mad at me."

Ayame nodded slightly as the girl spoke, pouring the tea into cups and passing one to Mochizuki. "I would say being a medic is similar, yes. It can be annoying not being on the frontlines during missions, but if the team's medic were to die, then chances are the rest of their squad would fall soon after."

She offered the genin a smile, "I'm glad to hear your throat doesn't hurt as much. It was a fairly nasty injury you'd gotten out there." Ayame's smile faded slightly at Mochizuki's last remark, "I'm sure both are hard. Though most of them are angry because they're afraid of something worse happening to you. Shinobi can't often get away with taking such reckless actions . . . more often than not would something like that cost them their life. 

We already live such dangerous lives . . . It pays to learn to slow down and think about your actions. Sometimes that's a lesson that just has to be learned the hard way."

Mochizuki's gaze got a little emptier at that comment.

"Yeah, yeah, I know I messed up, but I don't see no way to get respect. I tried really hard in the academy ya know. Never really got what I was suppose to. Tried hard since I've been a ninja, and didn't get noticed either. Seji's was too easy.

I thought about it, no really famous ninja really was known for sitting back and waiting, so I figured I'd do something like a B-mission. I mean, reading it it didn't seem so hard. Bunch of bandits who didn't know much jutsu, and one rogue ninja, just one. I didn't know just one ninja could be 'dat strong. Now everyone's mad at me, AND we... I failed the mission. Friend Kiso's mad, and I think Nobu quit bein' a ninja. I just dunno what to do now. Figured I could hear some of ya stories, see how you made it. Lots of people talk about how awesome you and Go are! That's what I want! "

Ayame quietly listened to the girl's frustration, slowly nodding her head. "I don't blame you for being frustrated . . . I was in a similar position around your age, looking to prove myself by taking on more than the more basic work outside the little village I grew up in. Of course that didn't really end like I'd planned . . ."

She took a sip from the hot tea, "But I learned from my mistakes, like underestimating my enemies. You've acknowledged you made a mistake and you're willing to learn from it and move on. I'd say you're already on theh right path, Mochizuki-chan."

That comment made Mochizuki's eyes seem fuller.

"Really? Thought chosing the right path would be harder than that. Course, don't make it easy. Everyone's still angry, and I don't think that's gunna change. Course, guess that ain't any different than normal. 'kay, I can do this then. So, I got a question. You said don't underestimate your enemy, but what'cha do if you see the enemies stronger than you? I threw everything I had at Shingen. He was a very high chunnin I think, he blocked everything super easy. Only thing I even got him with was some tear grenades I made, but he was still kicking my butt blind. "

Mochizuki pointed at her scar at that comment.

"I mean, I ain't as good up close like Kiso or Nobu, maybe they could'da done something if I was looking for him, but I don't know.....I mean, there's got to be lots of ninja stronger than me, but I don't think running's the right answer. Anything I can do?"

"There will be many times that you encounter shinobi stronger than yourself. Sometimes the right choice in such a situation can be hard to see." A slight smile played at Ayame's lips, "Though in your case you may be a little closer to the answer than you think..."

Mochizuki tapped her finger to her lip repeatedly, as if it would somehow magically grant her the answer.

"I dunno, I'm not all that smart, that's Nobu. I guess just... uh... hope for the best?"

Ayame chuckled quietly, shaking her head. "Have you ever wondered why you were teamed up with two other genin when you graduated the academy? Or maybe why you were paired with the teammates you have?"

She finished her glass of tea while giving Mochizuki a moment to think over the question. "The purpose of a team is to help cover each other's weak areas. Just one member rushing off to try and do everything on their own often only ends in disaster. A team working together is far stronger than a lone shinobi."

Mochizuki took the first sip of her tea. She'd been too busy talking or listening. Suddenly she felt her throat soothed as the tea went down it.

Ayame's answer suddenly struck Mochizuki. Mochizuki had been tying up people, while Kiso and Nobu had been scouting, but they hadn't really been organized, they'd just been sort of wandering around til the next step happened. Kiso was Mochizuki's 'friend', but when was the last time Mochizuki had really helped her, or trained with her? 

Besides, Kiso couldn't possible hate Mochizuki, even if everyone else could. They'd probably get a new teammate soon anyways, Mochizuki would have to try extra hard to get along with them too.

Mochizuki's excitement was heard in the room, mostly from the buzzing sound, even as she thought and drank.

" 'kay, think I get it! Thanks for the stories friend Ayame. Think Imma try and help out in the hospital with ya, kinda pay back if I can with ya. Guess I'll see ya there tomorrow if they don't call ya out ot Koseki. Wonder what went on anyways. Didn't Yuuki go out there? He kinda looked.... "

Mochizuki looked for the word for it.

Ayame smiled slightly, knowing the buzz of Mochizuki's wings meant she was starting to figure things out. Though that smile faded slightly at the mention of the fact Yuuki had been out in Koseki on a mission. She was worried about him, it was hard not to be . . .

"You've seen Yuuki recently? Then he's back in the village, that's good . . ." Though her description of him wasn't all that comforting. With a sigh, Ayame stood, "Well I suppose I'll be seeing you in the morning then."

Kiso Ringo 

Kiso crouched on her perch above the shrines,she called home now it was quite the trip she thought  considering the transition from being a force to the streets . Once she had gotten better and had been clear to leave the hospital though to go live on the street of her village,was this worth her pride that had her turn down her friend's offer of support . The first day had been the hardest part of it all just trying to figure out what to do ,and this was just the simple things such as getting food,water,and shelter over her. That night it ends up raining drenching the girl,while also the temperature dropping Kiso couldn't explain the suffering she wanders about soon finding a suitable factory least she believed it to be abandon. She would've climbed through a broken window , landing none too  gracefully she got up quickly as she glanced around . This place was definitely occupied by someone but who the girl didn't know,the growling of her stomach grabbed her attention first as she would begin to sneak through the dark room. As she moves through the building regardless of poor view ,she moved out into the doorway of the building the door gave her view out into the courtyard. She would take a moment to observe her new surrounding ,it clicked to her finally she was invading some home least someone compound but who's ? She wonders as she took a moment to notice the Shrine that took prominence standing over the rest of the buildings,but movement caught her attention as well the low glow from a building left of the shrine. 

She would take a moment weighing her choices to leave or investigate it ,the smell of food made her choice easy as she would dash the distance across the courtyard. Avoid pesky puddles as she would stop and press herself to the wall of the building,she heard movement inside had the person inside heard her she wonder. Her hands enter either respective sleeve pulling out a kunai,one could never be too safe with entering a stranger's home .Kiso shimmied to the building doorways,kunai stuck to her own chest as she reveled in the smell of food there was movement inside even without peering through the door she a rough picture of the building inside.She tensed up for a moment she felt it a proper time to peer into the room the person back was to her the person was taller,easier to tell her that this person was a grown up but gender couldn't be told as the person wore the seem to be stirring a pot that was emitting an amazing smell Kiso stomach gave her away she didn't know what got into her as she suddenly bolts at person who turns in time to see the youth bolting at them stumbling backward and falling over in surprise and fright letting out a yelp . 

Equally surprised by this Kiso stopped a small distance from the down and hood figure ,though she had not the intention of actually throwing it she prepped her kunai as if she would. Lifting her own finger as if to motions for the stranger silence,the person nodded meekly the growling of Kiso stomach had her imitation rattle a bit as she backtracked a bit too suddenly to be staring into the pool of soup the person had been prepping .Without much thought to the person, she held hostage she greedily grabs the abandon ladle to dip it into the soup sipping with delight as the hearty taste of beef and vegetables greeted her. It was all a blur as she felt her body freeze up ,her eyes told of her confusion as she couldn't move as the robbed figure had gotten up. It had to be from this person who kept frozen in place she struggle to move as the person in question moved quickly grabbing a Bo staff that once simply laid on the wall ,turning to face Kiso had regained control again as she deflected a jab from the bo staff with her kunai . Bounding back as the jabs began to shower her ,ducking and weaving under one jab to rush forward at the person . Being blocked by  a diagonal guard stopping Kiso slash . Kiso kicked off the staff landing a distance away as the commotion had woken up others in the compound Kiso ,hadn't noticed the man who suddenly wrapped his arms around her body suddenly bear hugging her to keep her from struggling too much . 

[SIZE= 16px]The burly man would yell,"Head Priestess are you ok?!". the hooded figure would nod,pulling back her hood to reveal a woman ,with black hair that reach just under her ears,squinted eyes and a relaxed smile, she didn't seem to be much older than late 20's  ,"I'm Jiro,just a spook from out little guess there don't break her ". Jiro grunted in annoyance the man had white hair atop his head ,with fleeing brown around the rest of his head,along with tribal like marks across his cheeks and one under his chin wearing a robe similar to the priestess to protect his clothing from the rain his emerald color eyes seem relaxed at finding the priest unharmed but looking at his new charge. He would grumble in a sharp tone,"Drop the kunai pup,before I get rough with you ".Kiso head shot up catching him under the chin,causing him to recoil releasing her as he saw light . Landing Kiso felt her body freeze up again,it was the priest but this time, there was no escape as the Bo staff slammed into her chest . *Woosh* Kiso couldn't breathe as the Bo staff had been used to pin her to the nearby wall. Jiro had recover grumbling ,"I tried to be nice ,now your gonna get it brat". Though she was stopped by the priest,"Tie her up". Jiro looked shocked,"but.." ,but he knew there was no way to change the priest mind. As he grabbed some spare rope located on one of the dusty shelves . He would pull the girl rough ,off the wall kicking her knee at the joints. Forcing her to her knees ,tying her hands behind back than attaching it legs stuck in a kneel position the priest suddenly came to the annoyed Kiso with a bowl of the soup ,"you must be hungry care to tell me your story then than iI'lldecide your faith jail or freeing you". she grinned as she began to feed Kiso who recounted her tail to the woman.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 16px]After the story an the meal Jiro and the Priestess would looked at each other,Jiro shrugged ,"their no choice ,your staying here you have no other home and no one else to look after you" . The priestess nodded it,"you'll stay here Kiso til your old enough to live alone " . Kiso looked at the ground confused,she had attack them yet the offer a home to her pings of guilt wrecked the mind as she only nodded. As she fought tears that she had been holding ,the priest shuddenly hugged her comforting her,"welcome home my child ". After that time began to fly soon she was here atop the roof after becoming a ninja ,she rested her head on the back of her hands a weak grin soon with her new rank it  is a good time to show off her  strength to the village but two problems bugged her team was a member down ,and she was going to have to work with that gnat of a girl mochi . Clicking her tongue as she stood up she wasn't gonna let this girl drag her down,she reason eithier she'll have to keep up or fall behind Kiso. However in the back of Kiso mind Mochi held somthing of a hate and love title ,for some reason was more comfortable with simply hating the girl who had everything was it jelouse? maybe Kiso thought but it didn't matter she would just have to become a better ninja than Mochi and cast a shadow over the girl to eclipse her from the ninja history books. The gathering smoke in the distance only made her more excited at the chance to remove her first mistake from her own book of fate, talking softly,"just you wait ,i'm going become the next Kage of my village". this moment caused her to chuckle in delight to reach such a high goal ,it was a keen way leave a mark in her village history. [/SIZE]

@Ganryu

[SIZE= 26px]Yuuki Mifune[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 26px]Ayumu Suzumu[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Yuuki scanned the neighboring rooftops from his current perch. Usually Ayumu was hiding somewhere with a good view to practice his genjutsu. Or horrify hapless pedestrians, depending on how you looked at things. Considering his teammate's flashy choice in clothing, one would think finding him would be easy. But it seemed he had found a good hiding place this time.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Must have been harassing Ryu again.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]The panicked cries in the distance pointed to a different target. Shaking his head, Yuuki started in that direction. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Ayumu sighed from his rooftop, sitting in the middle of a medley of symbols, charts, and what seemed like magic circles drawn from chalk. It was really just really complicated notes. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]"Not quite the reaction I was hoping for. Back to the drawing board.... The chunnin exams need to go better than what I have now. Especially if I'm going to fight Ryu. Tch. Who's the one who[/SIZE]'s never had to work?"

[SIZE= 14px]One section was crossed out, leaving dozens of others. Ayumu's displeasure was a sharp contrast to his normal smug confidence. Another series of handsigns, and another hapless victim staring into space.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Below "Are those cherry blossoms?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Ayumu carefully undid the crossed out section, not even noticing the figure coming up from behind. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Finally, Yuuki landed not too far off from where Ayumu sat. Golden eyes scanned the notes spread out around his teammate, they reminded Yuuki of the seals he'd been studying the last several months. [/SIZE]Did Ayumu really write all of that? He hesitated, noticing that a jutsu had already been cast. It might be best to wait until after the dust settled on this attempt...

[SIZE= 14px]As the jutsu ended, Ayumu smugly turned, and stared straight in the face of his teammate. A rather horrified expression came across his face, before his hands went to trying to erase the notes. It was rather futile, he'd been up there near all day, save when he'd gone to lunch. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]The horror compounded as he realized his hands just became filthier. For Ayumu, he'd liked keeping the image of being the lazy genius. He didn't have ninjutsu, that[/SIZE] was common knowledge, but that was alright because he was a 'genius' at genjutsu. He didn't have stamina, but it was alright, he had 'impromptu' tricks. Neither were true, but he rather liked the image. Resigning himself, he stood up, rather melancholy, his sleeves dropping down.

[SIZE= 14px]"What do you want?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]"Well," Yuuki shifted slightly, rubbing the back of his neck. While he knew he was going to get flak from his teammate for the request and submitted to that fact. It didn't make asking any easier... "I was hoping that maybe you could help me with genjutsu." Now to wait for the inevitable smartass comment.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Knives clattered to the ground, as Ayumu's mouth seemed to drop. If someone had told him Ryu was prancing down the street in a tutu[/SIZE], it'd probably come as less of a surprise. Sadly, that genjutsu was still being worked on. Ayumu quickly regained his facade though, acting as if nothing had happened. He brushed his forehead, causing his hair to flow (and leave a trail of chalk) 

[SIZE= 14px]"Genjutsu? My, my. Why the sudden interest? I had thought genjutsu to be outside your forte? Furthermore, I'm surprised you'd ask me rather than.... someone else."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]A sigh left Yuuki's lips, "Genjutsu's my weakest area, we all know that. I'd only put everyone in danger if I can't do anything at all about." Not that learning to cast an illusion or two of his own wouldn't hurt either. "Genjutsu's your specialty after all, I don't think Ryu even practices it anymore."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]"Now, now, flattery will get you nowhere. Very well, any particular requests? Genjutsu is a rather wide field."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]A series of handsigns came from Ayumu.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]"After all, it can bind. Mesm[/SIZE]erize. Distract. Or terrify."

[SIZE= 14px]Below, voice could be heard in the streets, seemingly verifying Ayumu's words, a man complaining about a rug he'd walked into, a woman talking about cherry blossoms, an old man talking to a dandy looking man, and a grown builder screaming like a girl.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]His little display visibly made him sweat, he'd probably be unable to train with so little chakra afterwards, but he could talk his way out of things for a while. Ayumu continued on, his voice haggard, though doing his best to hide that.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]"I assume you'd like to do a more on the 'how to get out' part? Or 'how to know if something's a genjutsu' perhaps?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]As Ayumu spoke, Yuuki peered down and watched the chaos unfold. He knew his teammate was pretty good with illusions, but he didn't know he could cast more than one at once. Of course these were regular civilians and not shinobi. Not that it didn't make the feat that much less impressive to Yuuki.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]At the question, he turned back towards Ayumu. "It might be best to start with figuring out someone's using genjutsu and getting out of it. Other than that," a shrug, "Whatever you think would be the best fit." He nodded towards the scattered work, "I can tell you work hard on your jutsu, I'll trust your opinion."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Ayumu visibly winced at the compliment of hard work, still if Yuuki did respect his genjutsu, that was certainly appreciated.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]"What are the odds of you having a soldier pill or the like? Show and tell is often faster I find. Why.... others often give up on genjutsu, it's rather hard to practice. I could talk all day, and it wouldn't make much difference, if I can't show... Let's see what I have in the tank. Also, I'm going to assume you know nothing, it can't be that far from the truth."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]"We're talking about Seji for an Academy teacher," Yuuki muttered, "It's a miracle we learned any jutsu from him."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]"I can't say I noticed, I was a tad bit busy actually studying....actually, forget I said anything. Let's start."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Ayumu closed his eyes and did a seal, concentrating the scraps of chakra he had left. Another handsign or two, and another Ayumu appeared on the other side of the real one. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]"A little secret: I cannot do any manner of ninjutsu. It's not pride, or refusing to train, my body literally can't do it. This clone is your doing, not mine. This jutsu makes you perceive dopples of me, and confuses it intri[/SIZE]nsically. 

[SIZE= 14px]Genjutsu is most effective when the opponent is off guard, or in caught in the midst of combat. That's because genjutsu is never perfect. If you can think correctly, you can catch mistakes in it. It won't be in the illusion itself, it'll be in your perception in it. For instance. What do recall me wearing before I made the clone? Explain extreme detail, and see if you can make it out on the clone. Things you already know."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Yuuki listened intently as Ayumu spoke, watching the clone appear. So that was genjutsu too? At the request, the genin paused in thought for a moment. "You were wearing your normal white kosode and purple obi . . . " As he worked on recalling details, he noted they looked the same on the clone as they did the real deal.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]"Now try reading the words of the designer on the clone. That one's the clone by the way."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Yuuki's eyes narrowed slightly, trying to make sense of the blurry writing. "Can't, it's nothing but a blur..."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]"You fill in the details when you are in a genjutsu, so look for things you don't know."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]"Makes sense, seems like an easy way to notice someone's messing with you." Though Yuuki had his doubts how effective it would be on some of the more advanced illusions. Some of the genjutsu his mom knew even Tsubaki couldn't break out of despite being a Jounin. It was only a couple of them but it meant they were out there.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]"Alright, basics of how to spot a genjutsu. Now, the next part, the important part, especially for someone like you. How to break out? There are a few different ways:[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Method one, have a different genjutsu cast on you. The stronger one wins. Obvious problems with this.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Method two, try and build up your chakra, and burst it in your system, to try and literally break out of it. If you are familiar with genjutsu, it is the best option. However, if you aren't, don't both, they likely have better control of your system than you do.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Method three, your method. The fastest way to break you of a genjutsu. This one[/SIZE] is extremely special. I want you to close your eyes, and focus your chakra."

[SIZE= 14px]Yuuki quirked an eyebrow. How would closing his eyes change things from the previous method...? Something seemed fishy, but he didn't feel like arguing the point for the time being. Closing his eyes he formed a handsign to help focus chakra throughout his entire body.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Until a sharp pain went through his hand and something made of metal clattered on the rooftop. "Ow!" Eyes snapping open Yuuki examined a cut on the side of his hand. Nothing serious but it still hurt. "What the hell?" [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]"You'd hardly let me hit you."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]The clone was gone. "You could have just said pain broke the genjutsu," he grumbled.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]'I can't believe you fell for that,' Kiyoko teased in the back of his mind.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Shut up.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]"Well, there's a few reasons I didn't. Like I said, I could talk all day, without an example it won't stick. Also, the brain tends to correlate memories with pain far easier. You won't panic to remember what to do if you are in a dangerous situation involving genjutsu, your body[/SIZE] will remember it for you. Oh, and lastly, that's for the diner in Koseki."

[SIZE= 14px]Despite looking as smug as ever, Ayumu was looking a bit pale. He'd used up far more chakra than he was used to, then ran off of the dregs. He really needed some rest and food.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Shaking his head, Yuuki muttered something under his breath before looking back at Ayumu. "You alright?" He frowned slightly, taking a step forward. Could Ayumu have overdone it back there? There really was no telling how long he'd been up there practicing before Yuuki came along....[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]"I-I'm peachy. This is nothing for a master of genjutsu. In any case, I'm rather bored, so I'm going to head home. Genjutsu will take more than one training, but the gist, it's creativity, but not perfect. Look for what you know you don't know. If caught in it, pain will release you. The greater the genjutsu, the greater the pain. See you later Yuuki."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]And with that, Ayumu walked off, proud as a peacock, until he jumped from the rooftop, landing fairly badly. He got up, and walked slump towards his house. He could get what was left of his notes later...[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Yuuki sighed after Ayumu left. He knew he was lying about feeling alright. But his teammate was prideful, not pushing the issue was for the best at the moment. Hell, Yuuki was still surprised he'd agreed to help so easily in the first place. Turning away he started for home.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Maybe there'd be more lessons between them in the future.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]A slight chuckle, but not much more. H[/SIZE]e was proud of his two students no doubt. They made progress, even during this small training session of theirs. Perhaps he should have told them he was near? He may have some pointers to give them, but perhaps it was best he let them be for now, let them figure it out as he did so long ago. 

[SIZE= 14px]They will find their way, and if they lose it he will be there to guide them back! [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Just like any good teacher no?[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 26px]Yuuki Mifune[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 26px]Tida Oda[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]As Yuuki walked home, a friendly face would meet him on the way, his neighbor, Tida. For once outside, he wasn't wearing his gardening hat.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]"Ah, Master Yuuki, just the man I was looking for. By chance would you be busy? I know how rough you ninja must have it. "[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Yuuki paused, offering a slight bow in greeting. "Actually just wrapped up for the day. Why?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Tida beckoned with his hands.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]"Well, today's fairly special for me, and I was just taking a bit of a trip down memory lane. Then I remembered, you're training for the chunnin exams, are you not? There is something I would like to show you. If you have the time to listen to the prattlings of an old man, I would most appreciate it."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]"You know I like your stories," Yuuki said as he followed his neighbor. He couldn't help but wonder how this was related to the chuunin exams though. Tida had never mentioned being a shinobi at any point. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Tida would lead Yuuki down to an old stadium. It was, like much of Kemuri, old and decrepid. It likely wasn't somewhere an old man would go, it's state in the stands was in such poor condition, the likes of Mochizuki would think twice before climbing them. Luckily, Tida led through the front entrance, through to a grassy field in the center.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]"Could you hazard a guess where this place is?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]"Looks like some kind of arena." Yuuki mused, looking around at the stands high above them. "Definitely seen better days though."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Tida laughed. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]"As have I. When I was young, this is the stadium where we had the chunnin exams. This is where the final 3rd part of the exam was held. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]"Today's rather special to me. It's my anniversary. 56 years ago, this is where I saw my wife for the first time. It was a rather brutal exam, but despite all that, my darling glowed like an angel. There was something special about her compared the other combatants here. She made it to the finals. It was quite a show back then. Hehe, seeing your headband reminds me of those days quiet a lot. I must say, you're quiet a bit different from almost every other ninja I saw here." [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]"Chuunin exams used to be held here?" Those were a major part of a shinobi's career, right? Why did Kemuri just let this place fall to ruin? Golden hues shifted back over to Tida, "So your wife was a kunoichi then?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]"Yes, yes she was. A fine one at that. And one with one heck of a right hook."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]He rubbed his jaw slightly. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]"In any case, old prattlings. I must admit, there's a bit of a selfish reason as well for dragging you along. I'm more than a bit curious. I've never seen you fight, yet I'm confident from that look in your eyes that you'll have no problem passing these exams when they happen again. So much so it's hardly a question for me. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]You'll be recognized much more as a ninja when that happens. What then, young master? I'm curious if you have any aspirations." [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Yuuki shifted, rubbing the back of his neck. [/SIZE][SIZE= 14px]"I sure hope I pass the first time around," [/SIZE][SIZE= 14px]he murmured, having already heard plenty of stories regarding the exam. [/SIZE][SIZE= 14px]"I don't think becoming a chuunin will change much goal wise . . . I have the clan to think about and look after. Maybe being away from the village on missions will help me find any other survivors out there. I don't know."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Tida nodded as he spoke.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]"I see. Of course family and the clan would be a priority. What's right is right, and should be done with all haste. Hmm. Well, if I might sate a bit more curiosity, let's say after that. Let's say you have your clan solidified in the village. Let's make this a bit more interesting, let's say you were older and in a position of power. What then would be your goal?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Yuuki blinked. What would he do when the clan was set and he'd taken over? He looked down at the browning grass, quiet for a few moments. "I . . . I don't know, actually. I've spent so much time training and learning to take over the clan I guess I've never really thought about it."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]"My, my, well, its still admirable for you to care so much about yoru clan. It's not uncommon for someone of your age to be not quite sure what they want to do with their life. You are still young, master Yuuki. Granted, I suppose next to me, the likes of your father is young. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]I digress, If I may add something to look forward to, however. The chunnin exams are about more than skill. The most exciting part about them, both as a spectator and participant, is the clash of ideals. There are many people who know what they want to do. They have something that drives them. I promise you, if you watch other participants, and try to understand them, you'll learn more than you ever would in a classroom or in the field. You're kind, that is a power few have.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Still, I think as a civilian, I've lectured on a tad too much.. I'm just rather excited to see you pass, and I hope you have the time of your life.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]I hope I haven't prattled on too much."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Yuuki was quiet, just listening to Tida talk. Was being kind really such a rare thing for shinobi? All the genin he knew never seemed that bad. "No, you didn't." He hesitated slightly, "But... does that mean you'll be watching the finals?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]"Of course I will be. You've been a very wonderful neighbor. The Tulips blooming right now are largely due to to your help. Why, I'd feel I was doing you a disservice if I didn't come in to watch. I do notice you said 'finals'. I'm glad you expect yourself to be there as well. Do what you do, and I'll support you every step of the way."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Tida scanned around the arena once more, clearly seeing something different from what was actually there, a time long ago. A faint smile came to his lips, and he mouthed 'happy anniversary.' Scanning them, he stretched his shoulders, muttering to himself.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]"Being down here, I can see it all again. I was so close, but my darling was always known for her right hook. Should have taken that into account. Oh well, halcyon days, halcyon days."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]He turned again to Yuuki. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]"Apologies, I was a bit caught up in the memories. In any case, I can't wait to see you in the new one.  Well, I believe I've spent enough of your time. Thank you Yuuki. Ah, you hadn't need to wait on me, I think I'll take my leave. Thank you for listening to an old man."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Suddenly, it seemed like Tida vanished, a large crater mysteriously left where he was. A small dot appeared in the distance, moving away from the stadium.[/SIZE]

Akihiro && Mochizuki: Part I, Trusting Secrets

Mochizuki slowly crawled across the rooftop, stalking her prey (mostly boredom). Important visitors were at her house, so she was free for the day. Ayame was busy, so she didn't bug her either. It left her with one other target. Slowly reaching forward, she saw the target. Then she struck!

Aki would suddenly find Mochizuki  upside down, her face inches away from his, swinging from a rope from the roof, more specifically his roof.

"Hiya, Aki, this ya house? I'm bored, what are we doing?"

This is how you do friends, right? Mochizuki asked herself in her head. She'd annoyed Kiso, and couldn't find Jin. Mochi spied two people inside his house, and waved furiously at them. Her grip on the rope weakened, and a she immediately flailed before falling off the rope onto the ground.

Aki let out a welp, his body taking a step back. "...Mochi. Y-You, what are you doing here?..." He looked at his house, slowly pointing at it. "...Uhm, I live here. Isn't your house... that one?" Aki points at Mochi's house exactly, not even looking in its direction. Strangely, Karuy wasn't with him.

Mochizuki looked up from where she'd fallen from the rope.

"Weeeell. I was bored. You were nice to me, so.... that's friends, right? Also, cool, I didn't know this was your house, it looks awesome! How'd you know where my house was by the way? Hey, where's Karuy? He run off somewhere? Is that your Mom inside? HI AKI'S MOM!" 

Aki let out a sigh, putting his left hand over Mochi's mouth, smiling. "...I guess. Thank you. Scouting. I have no idea. Probably. Yes, yes it is." Aki's mother simply smiled, waving at her. Then she spoke, having the sweetest voice she'd ever heard. "Why don't you join us for lunch, Mochi-chan?" Aki looked at his mom, mouth agape, his hand falling from Mochi's mouth, looking at her. "...Uhm, I mean, it is o-ok if you preffer not to... I-I mean, we don't know eachother well and... all that junk..." Aki said, the last parts kind of softer and looking away from Mochi, kicking the dirt.

Aki's hand would never feel her mouth stop talking. Mochi's regrowing wings buzzed.

"Really!? Sure, I'd love to!"

She looked at Aki a bit confused.

"What'cha mean? Know eachother well enough, right? There was the academy, and last mission ya helped me out tons! Like, I'd've fallen off the mountain without'cha. And ya helped clip my wings. 'Sides, I'm sure it'll be tons'a fun!" 

She looked at Aki's mother

"Thank ya, Aki's mom!"

She turned back to Aki.

"Soooo... what's he scouting?"

Aki's mom nodded. "My name is Kuren Tsubasha." She says, giggling as she goes back inside, preparing lunch. Aki looks at her, still blushing a little. "...Y-You sure do have a weird definition for friends Mochi..." He says, smiling and patting her on the shoulder. "...Also, the responses to your questions were in that order. So, when you asked where do I know where you live, I responded with 'scouting'..."

Aki let out a sigh, before grabbing Mochi by the hand. "...We need to go inside... Come on, I'll show you the way..." Aki says, starting to walk forward, slowly dragging Mochi as well. The Tsubasha home seemed quite big. The courtyard was big, with a pond and a small shrine near it, and the home itself was quite large. Not large as one of the more important families, but big enough to leave an impact.

Passing one of the hallways, Aki leads Mochi to a low table, looking too big for a family of 3. Aki positions himself at the far-right, no doubt that's where he always stood. A cheerie voice could be heard. "Akkkkkiiiiiiii! Have you seen Karuuuy? I wanted to give hi-" In the doorway stood Aki's small sister. She looked slim, like him, dressed in a light green shirt and with beige pants.

"Who are you?" She asked, with quite an hostile air. "...Oh, she's Mochizuki, from Squad B.... I helped her, so she came over for lunch..." Aki's mom let out a giggle at Aki's comment. She knew Aki was shy and rarely spoke. The weird thhing was that Mochi's mom had her eyes closed at all times, but she still saw.

"Come now, let's eat." Aki's sister sat at the oposite end of Aki, crossing her hands to her chest. "So, Mochi-chan. Why are you interested in my brother?" Aki coughed, spitting out his tea. "Akihiro Tsubasha! I atught you better!" Kuren frowned, then turned to his sister. "And you, Ikumi Tsubasha! Aren't you intrusive?" At that voice, Ikumi cowered, so did Aki, as if all hell broke loose.

"I am sorry Mochizuki-sama." Came a sentace from Kuren.

Mochizuki actually went oddly silent at the 'odd defintion of friendship'

HOW DO I DO FRIENDS?

After a second, she started counted on her finger the responses, staring off in space as she realized she'd picked up the wrong answer, before being dragged off. Mochizuki looked around the house like she was seeing heaven for the first time. It was all the little things she loved, like the fish in the pond, or the types of flowers in the hallways in vases. It looked pretty. 

Mochizuki sat very stiffly at dinner, though her wings buzzed, and she hummed. It looked unnatural. She was almost shocked Aki's little sister was allowed to talk. That settled it, this was the best house house ever. . She seemed oblivious to the fear Aki's mom instilled, and answered Ikumi unabashed.

"Cause he's awesome. He climbed a mountain to get me a plant I needed! Almost fell off it, but he was awesome! Helped me clip me wings when I was cold too! Wait, you taught him better? Does that make you super awesome too?"

Her wings buzzed more, Mochi had to put them down manually once or twice to stop them spreading out fully. In a table for dinner, it'd be a bad idea. She was trying to do friends, couldn't make a bad impression. Mochizuki sat what was technically proper at dinner, but with so much energy she looked like a windup toy, shaking in place.

"Oh..." Kuren looked at Aki, who looked at Mochi, smiling a little. She smiled as well, while Ikumi stood cross-armed, looking at Mochi. "My brother /is/ awesome. We know that." Kuren blushed, looking aside, waving herself. "Why, thank you Mochizuki-chan." Aki slowly brushed his hair, continuing to eat. 

"...You are not that bad yourself Mochi-san..." Aki said, smiling a little. Ikumi saw that, and she didn't like it. "So, Mochi-chan, why were you outside our house? Were you spying on us? What clan are you working for, huh?" Ikumi said, pointing a pair of chopsticks at Mochi, while Aki shoot her a look. "...Ikumi... Be nice..." 

She looked at Aki. "Brother, she could be a spy, s-sent to kill you! Or worse, to make you her pawn. To seduuuuuce you with her womanly powers, like an enchantress." That sentance made both Aki and his mom to stop, mouth open, and to look at her. "...Where did you learn those words?!..." Came the unison question from the two.

Mochizuki blinked.

"I don't get it, what does seduce mean? Or enchantress? Or pawn?"

She shrugged.

"Nah, ain't a spy, or,  probably, any of those things? Mochi is Mochi!  I don't wanna be anything else. I mean, my Dad's always wanted me to be a clan heiress, but Mochi is Mochi! I wouldn't do anything bad to Aki, he's too nice!"

Mochizuki ate slowly and politely, which considering the rest of her mannerism was a stark contrast. It was probably the only thing her mother had broken into her. It'd taken a while.

"This is great! Do ya normally cook food this good? Man, I gets to talk and everything. I wish I lived here.."

Regaining composture, Aki and his mother sighed in unison, continuing to eat. Kuran smiled at Mochi. "Why thank you Mochizuki. Ikumi! Why can't you be like Mochizuki-chan here?" Ikumi frowned at her, sticking out her tongue. Aki let out a giggle at his sister. "...She takes after father and brother a lot..." His mother smiled sadly, as Ikumi smiled as well. "Aki saved you again, Mochizuki." Ikumi states, poiting her chop-sticks at her again, before starting to eat.

The Tsubasha family ate politely. Aki ate slowly and composed, the same with Ikumi. Kuran seemed to eat the least out of the two. Aki's manerisms were derived from how he acted around his house. Kind, never spoke too loud, keeping himself reserved. Finishing, Aki smiled, picking up his plate and his mother's. "...I need to wash these Mochi-chan. Hope you don't mind...." Aki says, going to the kitchen.

Ikumi was still eating, staring the whole time at Mochi. Actually, the thing she was concentrated on was her wings. She pointed at them with the chopsticks, raising an eyebrow. "What's with the wings?"

Mochi nodded. " 'kay. Thank ya!"

To Ikumi's question, the wings fluttered in response (accidentally knocking a book off a shelf). 

"I dunno, I gots them, so does me Mom and Dad, think it's a Tonbo thing. I can see super far too! I eat carrots."

Mochizuki's eyes narrowed, becoming the iris  becoming a speck. She was looking at a mirror, seeing a reflection of the back of Ikumi's head.

"Like, I can see a frayed hair on the back of your head, 15 mm up from the center, at a theta of 50 degrees right of down." 

Her eyes snapped back to normal.

"So, other than Aki, anyone here a ninja, or can do something super awesome? Other than cooking, that was already super awesome." 

Ikumi pated the back of her head, her short auburn hair ruffling a little. She takes her hand from there, raising up, striking a pose. "Well, nice of you to ask. I am to be included in the academy! The first Kunoichi from the Tsubasha branch!" Ikumi states, standing proud, pointing to herself. Her personality was completely diferent than her brother's.

"She is eager since I told her. She looks up to our Kage." Ikumi takes the plates from her and her mother. "Oh dearest brrrooooothhhheeeerrr!" Aki perked his head out the doorway, the plates flying towards him. He catches them, revealing a rather tired look. "...Couldn't you move your feet over here and hand them to me?..." "Where's the fun in that?" Aki lets out a groan, continuing to wash the dishes.

Mochi brought her plate in, still talking to Ikumi.

"It's real nice having a role model. I look up to Ayame, she's awesome. Taught me everything I know about-"

Mochizuki stopped remembering she wanted to be a secret. It was an improvement to her secrecy skills.

"lots of stuff! Lady Renai can get really angry though. Specially if you steal B-ranked mission from her, er, I mean... are too eager for missions, yes, that's it. So, Aki, you got any role models as ninjas? Looks like ya sister already took the best. Well, second best, Ayame's more awesome. Sure she doesn't set things on fire, but she heals people real quick."

Mochi started washing her own dish without being asked, though it took her a second to take off her gloves. 

Aki looked at Mochi, who started to wash her own dishes. "...Y-You sure you want to do that? I-I don't mind..." Aki says, but, seeing as Mochi continued to wash it, he looked at her, crossing his hands to his chest. "...I have no real mentor, or person who I look up too... Except my father and brother..."

Looking out the door, he turned his gaze to Mochi, leaning in close to whisper. "...I found out why you needed that flower.... If you wish to discuss it further, you can find me at the shrine outside..." And with that, Aki left the kitchen, throwing a rather sneaky glance at Mochi, before passing the room where they ate.

Ikumi excused herself, almost flying out of the house, and Kuran dissapeared into the house. It was a complete silence. Aki stood outside, near the shrine, praying while holsing a small burning candle. It seemed he was at peace.

Now Mochizuki was curious about what he said. She quickly followed after, refitting her gloves back on. It was odd how silent it went. Mochizuki had to admit, she kinda wanted to follow Izumi, but Aki looked, serious? She didn't know, she was pretty bad at reading emotions. Or social cues. Only person she felt she got was Ayame, but Ayame was pretty straightforward with her. She wondered why Aki had whispered? Was there anything wrong with the flower? Mochi pressed her finger to her lips in though. Nope, nothing.

Mochizuki looked at the shrine, and shrugged, not knowing much about it. She did know the candle smelled nice though. 

"So, yeah... I'm curious 'n stuff."

Aki nodded, placing the candle at the altar. Bowing at it, he turned after, looking at Mochi, crossing his hands to his chest, grinning. "...That plant. It was a medicinal one right? You can try to deny it, but I know I saw one in an old medicine scroll..." Walking beside Mochi, he let out a small giggle, looking to see if his sister or anyone else was looking at them.

"... I guess I found out a secret, didn't I?... Don't worry, I won't tell anyone. Seeing as even at lunch you cut one of your sentances short..." Aki lets out another laugh, stopping in front of her. "...You know, when you talk constantly, it's easy to know when you are about to say something you don't want to..."

"...But, seems I have to tell you a secret too, right?... To make you sure that I won't tell anyone, right?..." Aki didn't change his posture. He was standing crossarmed, a little grin on his face.

Mochizuki looked surprised.

"Dangit! Yeah, I'm learning to be a medic nin. I'm keeping it a secret cause I wanna surprise everyone. That, and nobody'd believe me. Everyone thinks I'm stupid and stuff... You can't tell anyone, right? I don't think ya would though."

She sighed, putting her hands behind her head as a rest.

"Yeah, 's hard to keep secrets and surprise people when ya talk lots, I can'st help it. Still, Imma be a great ninja! I swears it."

She stopped for a second when he asked her to keep her.

"But, I, er, I suck at keeping secrets."

Thoughtfully, she put her finger to her lip, releasing them from the back of her head.

"I gots it. I gotta learn to keep secrets if I wanna be a ninja. If I can't do that, I can't surprise people, and if I don't surprise nobody, that means I won't change to them. Got it, I'll keep it suuuuper secret. I won't tell nobody!"

Aki lets out a small laugh, smiling at her. "...You know, I really think you are smart... Not everything can be revealed by how someone speaks, you know?..." Aki says, leaning in near her ear, starting to whisper. "...I am planning to start my own ANBU sqaud... A hunter-nin branch..." He leans out, putting a finger on his mouth.

"...You can't tell anyone, alright?..." Aki asks, winking, then lowering his hand. "...And if you need a reason..." He shows Mochi his palms. Both had a wound on them that stretched from where his fingers met his palm all the way across the whole hand. It looked deep, and as he turned them, the wound could be seen on the other side as well. "...Let's say I had a more than un-pleasent meeting..."

Mochizuki looked at the wound for a minute, poking it as was her nature.

"That look like it hurt alot. Yeah, missing nin suck. There was this guy, Shingen, he took my team out and gave me this."

She pointed at the scar on her throat.

"I still don't get why he went rogue in the first place. Wish I could figure it out. Betraying the village is bad.  Ya hurt your friends. If your mad at teh village, do ya own thing, but don't hurts nobody. I kinda wanna talk to him though."

Mochizuki then stopped, pressing her finger to her lip again in thought. 

" 'Kay,I got it. I'm in. Ya're going to need someone to patch you up if anything goes wrong, and I'll be a suuuper good medic by that time. I'm also a sniper, that's helpful, right? Is my application accepted, boss?"

Aki perked an eyebrow looking at the scar on her throat. 'But she still speaks. Wow.' He thinks, as he giggles again. Listening to her, Aki nods, extending his hand. "...Accepted. And no, not boss. Partner. We both have something the other one needs... Let's shake hands to make it official..." Aki says, smiling kindly.

In one smooth stroke, Mochizuki ripped her glove off, and slapped her hand into his, forming the handshake to make it official.

"Partners!"

Ayumu sneered as he ran awkwardly through the woods. He seemed to stumble with his hands low, and his shouldered hunched over. It was not, as it might appear, the most confortable thing in the world. His eyes glanced to see a shadow dart behind him.

"Oh, trust me, I'm not going down quite so easily. I said this at the start, nobody in Kemuri is beating me at illusions."

A handful of handsigns, and he released his jutsu.

Taste of Elegance: Cherry Blossom Festival

A whirlwind of cherry blossoms swirled around him, before he disappeared, into the canopy above. 

The mysterious figure let out a loud humpf, looking around. It spoke up, it's voice rather loud. "No one in Kemuri, that is right. But you're forgetting something." The other attacker could be seen looking straight at the canopy, it's figure standing still. "I am not from Kemuri." A couple of kunai were launched from the shadowy figure, its white eyes still staring at where Ayumu was standing.

The cherry blossoms swirling around Ayumu made one last swirl before flying straight out towards the incoming kunai, clattering sounds made as they collided. They faded to reveal a rain of knives dropping from the collision.

"Well then, show me how you do against Kemuri's best! I've been saving this."

Ayumu started another series of handsigns, before leaping down from the canopy, straight at the mysterious figure who'd thrown the kunai, his hands still weaving

The shadowy figure jumped back, still staring Ayumu down, while the one who spoke was standing to its right, its hands out, a couple of kunai hovering around it's form. "Not that smart. Prepare to face your-" 

Ayumu flinched, holding up his arms defensively against the incoming knives. A spray of blood would hit the area. Ayumu was gone, and a woman impaled several times over slumped over at the strike. She looked at the attacker.

"Why... my child?"

Demonic Illusion: Traitor's blade

Ayumu watched from the shadows again, pleased with himself that he'd managed to get his jutsu off unharmed. He looked at his sleeve, a cut in it. 

Well, mostly unharmed.

Normally, he'd complain his clothing was being wrecked, but honestly? He was having too much fun with his would be attacker. 

The one throwing the knifes stood in awe, looking at the woman falling. It's eyes could be seen full of regret and full of panic, clearly standing still in shock. The other enemy however, the one who was Ayumu's first target, jumped straight at the canopy. After snaping out of the image the enemy became furious, doing a familiar hand sign, but the blades around it raising again. "...Die!"

Ayumu was a bit too pleased with himself, as he hadn't expected to be followed.  

He glanced down at his attacker, a little impressed.

How's she able to manipulate it so well under a genjutsu? Tch, I'm getting soft.

"I forfeit."

Ayumu did one last handsign, 'kai', breaking himself out of the illusion. The forest around him shattered, showing Kemuri once again. It also released the woman, her becoming a simple log.

"Tch, first rule of an advanced genjutsu battle, breaking the genjutsu will release yours. Hehe. I must admit, though sloppy on my part, that was rather enjoyable. Thank you, Jin."

Ayumu still looked like he was going to fall over any minute now, bent over with his arms swaying on the ground. He jumped off the rooftops, landing by the puppet girl. 

"What do you want in exchange?"

Jin's figure became clear, as she's face was still formed into a frowned. Her hand slapped him across his face, huffing. "Never bring out that shit with me!" Jin spoke loudly, before regaining her composture, breathing slowly a few times, her face turning into a smile. "Sorry for that swearing from my part darling. But you shouldn't treat ladies like that." She leaned down, staring into his face, donning Yamato's scary face. "Are we clear?"

Ayumu probably should have seen that coming. For some reason, most people tended to act rather poorly to the Demonic Illusion line of genjutsu, and yet it never phased people in battle. He had to wonder about that. It was like the universe was full of sociopaths, and only normal people, like Jin, feared that jutsu at all. 

He then looked upon the face of terror and gulp.

"Yes, ma'am, perfectly clear."

I can always find worse illusions, however.

He looked back at the cut on his sleeve, wondering how long that would take to fix. 

"So, as I said, you did a genjutsu battle against me, being a rare trait in our class. I got what I wanted, what do you want in exchange?"

Raising up, she smiled as her puppet stood next to her. "Well, my dear Yumi, I wish to ask you something." Jin say, slowly walking next to him, her hand patting his head. "What do you say about you-" she says, pointing her slim finger at his chest. "And me-" her fingers goes to her. "Train together in genjutsu? After all, we are the only ones in our class who practices it."

"Tch."

Ayumu turned, a bit of a snarl on his face. For a minute, he didn't say anything, a no it looked like.

"When and where?"

"Well, my home has a small field between it and my uncle's workshop. We could try there." Jin smiled, looking at his sleeve. "Terribly sorry about that dearie. I might have some material if you want." The puppet hovered behind her. Even though a couple of minutes ago she was sounding furious, now it was sweet and full of joy.

Ayumu's snarl was the same, but he followed Jin. It was fair to him. He'd gotten his fun, it was only fair she got an equal amount out of the deal. That, and he wouldn't admit it, but he was fairly excited at the prospect of working with someone else at genjutsu. Honestly, he'd never known anyone else who practiced it. Ryu, he would never consider, and never practiced it. Kazou had other specialities. Seji, ew, and he was pretty sure he was better at. There was no one at all Ayumu had in common with. It was a lonely field.

"So, where and why'd you pick up genjutsu?

"Hm? Oh, my chakra affinity is Yin. It was kind-of rare in my village, but my mother had it, and my uncle as well. We had scrolls lying around, so they gave some for me to learn." Jin sighed a little, her smile being replaced by a small grimace. "That is, before I learned to manipulate chakra threads." She showed her hand towards Ayumu, and some strings could be seen from her fingers, only vissible through the blue chakra that would sometimes be seen. 

"I still have some in the house. My uncle gathered the few he could after our old house burned down." Jin turned to look to him, her hands now behind her back, the puppet still looking in front of Jin. "How about you? You seem to be quite good at it darling."

Ayumu gave a smirk.

"You could say I'm a natural."

It was far from the truth, he worked his ass off for it, but that alone was his little secret. It sounded better than 'well, I can't do ninjutsu, and my body's weak at taijutsu'. Granted, he could fix one of the two. The slumped back was all for taijutsu... all for taijutsu. The walk alone was taxing due to the weights he wore.

"You mention scrolls, any particular series of genjutsu? I practice two. Demonic Illusion, as you clearly saw." He rubbed his cheek at the mention. "And one of my own making. I call it Taste of Elegance. It adds a little flair to the battlefield. It is completely my own creation."

"Hmm... Hell Viewing technique, and I found two interesting ones. Sly mind technique and false suroundings. I think the hell viewing one wa the last one I cast before you gave up darling." She giggled, it being soft. "And that Taste of Elegance was marvelous and beutifull. Cherry blossoms are after all the most splendid thing I could ever see." Jin said, smiling and bringing her hands to her cheeks, breathing in slowly.

"Like I said, both are series. I'm trying to learn as many as possible. So far the other jutsu in the series for Taste of Elegance is I bind my opponent with cloth. Or rather they bind themselves. Genjutsu is where I shine, but I'm not going to be sated until I'm able to crush... a certain person with it. I'm not there yet."

Ayumu noted the small field between a few dingy houses. This was probably it. For once, he was wise, and didn't say a word about it. He was rather eager to begin. Partially because it was exciting having a partner, and partially because he wasn't sure if his arm and/or leg had fallen off a few minutes ago, he couldn't feel them at all. Genjutsu he was perfectly fine doing sitting or standing still.

"I assume this is it?"

"Yes darling, this is it." Jin said, looking at her puppet. "We're home mom." She said, brushing the puppet's chest, as it went to what it seemed to be a chair, falling into it. She turned to Ayumu, putting her hands on her hips. "Alright 'Yumi. I'm gonna go inside and grab the scrolls. You just stay here, and I'll be back at once." Jin tunred away from him, heading inside her house. Her movements were elegant and looked like she was flowing from right to left rather than moving forward.

The field looked rather recently cut, although some grass had grown a little bit taller than others. The workshop in the background looked rather old, the wood aged and the paint was almost all scraped off. Although, there was a weird symbol painted on it with a purple color. The main house looked decrepit and as old as the workshop. Outside, near where the chair where the puppet was sitting, was a small flower patch. There were all baloon flowers, named after the form they asume before blossoming.

Ayumu dropped as she went inside, pulling out his inhaler as soon as she was gone. He wasn't going to show visible how tired the weights made him, but a second to himself? Perfect.

"I really would like to kill Kazou-sensei at the moment."

A few puffs went by as he waited, glad for the moment he could put into rest.

Jin came back, holding two scrolls. "I have found them. They were unde-" She looked at Ayumu, her step went slightly faster. Standing in front of him, she crouched down. "Yumi, you're gonna dirty your clothes. Here, let me help you up." Jin aid, putting a hand on his sleeve.

She would find him much, much heavier than the boy had any right to be.

"Apologies, seemed I tripped."

Shaking it off, he looked at his sleeves. A slight brown spot. He snarled at himself.

"In anycase, you have the scrolls, let's see what's on them?"

Jin was rather curious about his weight, but, instead, she opened one scroll "Sly Mind Technique. I liked this one. It messes with the other's sense of direction." Jin continued to look at the scroll, reading it quite fast. She then looked at her other scroll.

Ayumu looked over her shoulder, studying the basics. He must admit, while it made sense, he was more used to his own notes, it took him a minute to adjust. 

He opened the other on his own to study it as well. He was almost jealous how simple the scrolls put it. Then again, his notes were more thorough than these.

"I see. A reliable diversion technique, especially in scouting. Hmm. Outside my specialty, but I could say I'm a fan of the concept. You look like you've been studying a bit. Would you like some practice?"

Her eyes went to Ayumu, smiling. "How can I refuse such a kind request?" She took one last look at the scroll, before putting it down, and looking at Ayumu, her hands on her hips. "Whenever you are ready darling~"

Collaboration with the unforgettable @Ganryu

Mochizuki && Izumi && Tsubaki

Izumi woke up, stretching in her bed. The sun tickled her nose, and she covered it using her hand to cover it. Yawning, she rose up from the bed. This morning was awfully quiet, but seeing as it was early, everybody should soon be up. Looking from her window, she expected to see Aki training. Only, he wasn't.

Shrugging it off, she decided to go near his room. "Oh broooootherrrrrr, skiping training to-" Peaking her head in, she didn't see him. Only his bed, made, and what seemed to be some things missing from his room. Ikumi frowned and huffed, running downstairs. Not seeing him around again made her worried a little. "Mom! I'll be back later!" "Of course my dear! Be safe!" Came the response from her mother.

Running outside, she kept thinking of where he would be. Her mind raced. "He can't be gone... He is somewhere... But where?..."

Mochizuki walked outside, her face buried in a book, mumbling to herself.

"Propofol, produced by means of - oof"

She fell over backwards, walking straight into a small little girl.

"This is why I never walk anywhere! Rooftops are so much less frequented!"

She then saw Ikumi.

"Hey! It's Aki's sister. How ya doing!?"

She immediately jumped up, her wings buzzing.

"How's Aki? Haven't seen him for a bit? How' ya Mom? Man, your house is awesome. Tried having a dinner like that at my house, didn't go so well. Can't wait to do stuff with Aki again, he's fun."

Ikumi fell down as well, scratching her head. "Yo, look where you're-" She looks and, before she can focus, she hears Mochi's voice. When she asked about Aki as well, Ikumi felt her heart drop. "Aki's gone! I-I-I can't find him! I-I can't lose him! I don't want to!" She raises up, not even bothering to dust herself off.

She looked at Mochi, her face clearly both mad and worried. "M-Mochizuki, haven't you s-seen him? I taught he was with you, but if not, where could he be? I-I... I can't think clearly!"

-insert 'gotta calm down' *sedate Ikumi*-

"Then what are we waiting for, let's go find'im! Ain't nobody in Kemuri who knows the rooftops better than I do. And I gots good eyes. Imma look for him. So, where do ya normally find'im? I'll check there first! How long's he been gone? Was he mad or anything? I leave home lots longer when I'm mad. If he wasn't, he should be back relatively soon"

Ikumi breath easier, trying to calm herself down. "No, h-he wasn't. He d-did what he usualy did : wish me good night. So, no, he wasn't mad. I t-think he's gone recently, since his bed was made... but some things were missing from his room. N-Normaly, he would train in the garden, alone. Otherwise, he would go to his teacher..."

"I'll go find'im!"

And with that, Mochizuki disappeared, running across the rooftops towards the Mifune compound. 

---- transition -----

Mochizuki leaped over the fence into the garden of the Mifune compound. Her antics like that had initially earned her alot of odd looks, and a few angry shouts. Now? Not quite so much since her spar with Ayame. Quickly she scanned around. She had a different Mifune she was looking for today. 

She found the nearest Mifune to flag down, waving her hand at him. He sighed.

"Lady Ayame's at the hospital right now."

"Not her, seen Tsubaki?"

"Tsubaki-chan? She's at the nearby teahouse, relaxing after her. Should find her a block that way."

Mochizuki nodded, and lept off. She felt a crunching sound as she left, it probably wasn't anything big.

The once peaceful teahouse was disturbed by a very abrupt opening of the doors leading to it. Mochizuki stood there, scanning around, oblivious to the ambience there. She quickly found her target and flitted over. Honestly, she didn't know the Jonin very well, but she was at the Mifune's often enough to recognize her.

"Hey, Tsubaki! I was looking fer ya! And I found you! Yay. Hey, you seen Aki? His sister's looking for him."

Tsubaki jumped slightly, trying not to spill the hot tea on her clothes. "Good morning to you too, Mochizuki." She sighed, "His sister doesn't have to worry, he's just off training."

" 'kay, thanks, bye!"

As quickly as she'd arrived, she was gone, the door quickly shutting behind her, and Mochizuki in the air. She hated doors. She should have used a window.

Flying across town, she hummed as she travelled. She probably should get to training soon.  Oh well.

Landing quickly by Izumi, Mochizuki quickly saluted.

"Reporting in! Mission results, Tsubaki says he's off training. Man, wonder what kinds of cool stuffs he's learning. Yeah, don't'cha worry. We ninja gotta work lots. If we don't, we can't be good at it. Aki's awesome, so I bets he trains lots more than anyone else. Well, I ain't gunna lose to him in the chunnin exams! I gots to train just as much!"

Izumi blinked a couple of times. All she could understand was that here brother was training. Sighing, she looked at the ground. "Huh." Izumi said, sniffling. "He didn't even tell me... Or mother..." She used her hand to sweep her face, taking a deep breath, looking up. "Thanks, Mochizuki."

Izumi would find herself being led by the hand as Mochizuki had an idea.

"Hey! I just had a thought. I gots to train, but you're going to be a kunoichi too, right? Well, what would Aki think if he came home, and his sister was already doing ninja stuffs?! Why don't'cha come train with me for the day! I can show you lots of stuff! I mean, I know I don't look it, and people don't think much, but goshdangit, Imma a ninja too! I ain't losing to anyone! And what a better way to train than with friends? You in?"

The pulling on her arm wasn't quite waiting an answer.

"Oh! Also, don't'cha worry! Like I said, Aki's awesome. That takes lots of training to be that awesome, but don't worry. I don't know anyone cooler than him. He'll be alright. Ninja's gotta be free, otherwise we can't be our best and protect people we like, like I'm sure he likes you and his mom, and why shouldn't he, you're both awesome too!"

"I think I sh-" Izumi was caught short by Mochizuki dragging her. "Hey! What are you doing?! L-Let go!" But Mochi was holding her to tight for her to escape. Letting out a sigh, she rolled her eyes, letting herself be dragged. "Sure. I guess I can do this." At the comment about Aki, Izumi frowned. "...Aki's- Since fa- You know? It would be easier to explain something to you if you stopped talking and dragging me!" Izumi said, putting her other hand on Mochi's hand, trying to pry herself free.

Unless she gnawed her arm off, Izumi would quickly find herself at the training ground led by an iron grip. A crowbar was probably needed. Mochizuki wasn't one to let go of ideas! That, and she never stopped talking long enough to notice the objections.

" 'kay! We're doing ninja stuff! Hey, your arm alright? Looks kinda red? Well, we gots ninja stuff to do. Anyways, you were saying?" 

Izumi forwned again, looking at her. "Nevermind. I doubt you would even know that feeling." Rubbing her sore arm, she looks around, now crossing her hands to her chest, her eyes looking around. "Alright. What's the first step, Mochizuki?"

Mochizuki put her finger to her lips at the comment, then shook her head. She got to teach for a day!

" 'kay. Well, that depends, can you use chakra yet?"

"I think so. I don't really k-"

" 'kay! Let's use it! This is kinda boring, but REEEALLY important! 'specially if you wanna do medical work and save people! Or other's stuff.... Either way, let's make chakra!"

Mochizuki was suddenly on the floor, crisscrossapplesauce, with her hands in 'kai' formation. 

"You got chakra ready yet?"

It had been less than a second.

"Make cha-" Izumi blinked at Mochi, then studied her, looking at her hand sign. "N-No! It has been less than a second! I'm not even in the academy yet, and my brother only taught me about stealth. So..." Izumi carefully stood down, awkwardly adjusting to the position Mochi assumed, and formed the sign as well. "...S-Should I feel something?"

Mochizuki bobbed up and down as she sat.

"Well, it justs helps you focus and stuff. And sorry, didn't know what'd he'd shown ya and stuff! Well, start at the basic and stuff."

Her voice suddenly changed to much more monotone. 

'Chakra is comprised of two parts, Yin, and Yang.  Yin is the spirtual side and imagination, whereas Yang is the physical side. To create chakra, both are needed. Combining the two in balance is a heavy part of chakra control.' Ninja Academy Basics, page 43. 

Really fancy words, I didn't quite get it at first, but I like to think of it as you need two things to make chakra, and it makes you really tired. Yin's like boiling water, and Yang's like noodles. Put the two together, and you get yummy ramen. Too much hot water, and it gets too soggy. Not enough and it doesn't cook.

Ya gotta get a feeling for making it! Now, do deep breathing, til ya don't notice anything but you. Then ya gotta focus on the energy going through ya body already. We already got a chakra in us. Just gotta notice it.  Just nice.... relaxing sitting. Really boring."

Somehow, Mochizuki sitting still meditating was more energetic than most people would give running a marathon.

Izumi was at a loss for words. 'How can something so gracefull and inteligent be followed by that analogy?' She taught, before she realized she was looking straight at Mochi, not blinking. Shaking her head, she closed her eyes, breathing slowly. She felt something flowing through her, as she concentrated. She couldn't put her finger on it, but it was a weird feeling, and she taught that was chakra. "I-I feel it. I-" And the feeling went away, as swift as it came. Openning her eyes, she slammed her fist in the ground. "I had it! Damn."

A palm bopped her head.

"Hey! Ya're a lady, don't curse!"

Mochizuki got back into the meditative stance.... if one could call her doing that meditative.

"But yeppers. It's really hard. To tell you a secret... I don't sit still very well. Took me fooooorever to get that far. Ninja's have to do it like breathing! Don't even realize it. Like look how deep I can hold my breath. It's chakra, and I don't even have to think about it!"

Mochizuki opened her mouth, and did the most inhuman breath imaginable. A slight vortex could be felt from her breathing it. She let it out as a bullet of air into the distance. Yelling could be heard in the far, far distance.

"This is why Aki's gone training probs. Takes alot of concentration and stuff. He's smart. Huh. Maybe I should find somewhere quiet to train.... nah, then I wouldn't have my incredibly good teachers who are awesome..  

Anyways, back to you. If ya wanna learn to use ninja stuff, you gotta start off doing that everyday! Do it til you don't even need to meditate to feel ya chakra. Once ya do that, I want ya to try to see if ya can't move it, just a bit, like, say make it flow a wee, little, tiny, small, not-big amount more into ya leg or something. Once you can do that, you can start to learn jutsu! I'll show ya some cool stuff once ya can do that. Like clones!"

Mochizuki excitedly made some handsigns. 3 of her would appear around the area, flittering around just as hyper as she would, though thankfully, being academy clones, they couldn't speak.

"Wouldn't it be awesome and stuff if you could surprise Aki with stuff like that? He's off training, but I bets you can learn chakra before he comes back!"

What Mochizuki didn't say was that was the final level for the academy.... or more what she kinda forgot. She hadn't paid attention. They'd asked her to do it, she'd learned it, so she'd done it.

"So, think ya can do this? If ya feel tired after you start moving your chakra, ya're doing it right!"

Once again Izumi massaged her temples, trying to filter through everything she said. Holding a hand in the air for a few seconds, she let it down. "I will do it everyday Mochizuki. Thank you for teaching me." Izumi raised up, nodding. "Oh I'll surprise Aki alright..." Izumi said, in a rather low tone, cleairng her throat afterwards. "You seem to sort-of admire my brother. For me it's normal... But what is he for you?" Izumi smirked a little, crossing her hands to her chest.

"He's awesome?"

Mochizuki answered, completely missing the point.

"No I mean, do you like him, as much as he likes you?" Izumi put her hands to her mouth mockingly, shrugging. "Oops, said to much." 'Serves you right Aki.' She couldn't help but smirk, closing her eyes, holding the shrug.

"Oh yeah, of course! 'least I hope so, otherwise I'm not a very good friend, am I?"

Izumi's smirk fell, replaced by a frown, then she stood there, her mouth open. "You can understand a mountain of text... You can learn advance stuff... But you missed the point that bad? I-I can't." Izumi says, her hands gesturing, feeling her sanity drip lower and lower as the conversation went forward. "Just... How?! Even if you threw a kunai in the next realm it would be closer to me than you were to the point!"

"I can also pronounce Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis and stuffs like that. Am I missing a point?"

Izumi looked at the sky, holding her hands up. "Any past kage listening, preferably a Lightning one, just hit me!" She looked back at Mochi. "You can pronounce, and more than surely know what it means or does, but you still missed the point of me asking you if you love my brother?!" Izumi said, her hand open towards her. "It's... it's-"

"I love all my friends!" 

"-Impossible to even relay to you a simple message!" Izumi said, putting her hand on Mochi, shaking her. "A.K.I. LOVES. YOU! DO YOU?!" Izumi was practicaly yelling at her, trying to find something on witch to grasp to at least have a shread of sanity and hope for her.

Mochizuki was really starting to get confused on the conversation. Her head bobbed back and forth.

"Yes? Did he say I'm not being a good enough friend... Aw... I'm trying really hard! I don't got lots. " 

Izumi cracked. She stopped, letting Mochi go, her left eye twitching. "...AHHHHH!" She started to yell, looking up. She felt the chakra course through her, but burnt out easily, falling on her knees, tired, breathing heavily. Putting a hand on her face, she sighed audibly. "I am not going to continue that conversation. It's a neverending loop of insanity." Putting her legs together again, she started to meditate. "...Let's concentrate on something you're good at. Training..." Izumi said, sighed yet again, concentrating.

Squad A

It had been a fairly straightforward assignment, head down to Matsushiri village and spend a few days helping to clear debris from the rather nasty storm that had torn through not too long ago. Not the most difficult work for shinobi, just dirty and time consuming. 

But it did pay rather well, enough to get Squad A on the job... On the Kage's orders. Though some were more suited to the job than others, the young men and their jounin were finished with their rather strenuous mission and heading down the path back towards sweet, sweet, sweet freedom. At least for now, as they would be training come tomorrow morning once again. 

Regardless, they kept spirits relatively high, preserving what energy and mood they had left after such work. "Each mission is yet another step towards your success." Reminded their jounin, who didn't quite like such work himself... mainly because he found a great deal of lifting to do as one of the strongest among them. 

It reminded him of why he was a medical nin...

[SIZE= 14px]"Perhaps next we shall have something more of a test of your skills. For now, we had honest work, for honest pay." [/SIZE]

Ayumu walked forward, his back bent and his arms slumped towards the ground, occasionally swaying. He was too tired to snarl or be aggravated. "Eventually, we'll be strong enough for actual work." He shook his head at an unpleasant memory. "Hopefully something a lot less... dirty. I do not wish to imagine the dry cleaning bill after such a mission."

"What are you talking about?" Yuuki quirked an eyebrow at his teammate, "You're practically spotless compared to the rest of us." A couple days of thick mud and rain would do that to most. There were even a couple sandal rescue missions as the mission went on.

"It wasn't that bad. The damage assessments we were given were far worse than the actual damages," Ryu remarked. Of the three, he was easily the best suited to that kind of work, given the kind of work he normally did around Kemuri. "Look at it this way, Ayumu, work like that is actually some of the best exercise you can do. You might actually grow a muscle besides the one in your mouth." Ryu smirked  as he stretched a little. "Hopefully we get more positive PR from missions like this... If Kemuri starts bringing in more money we can hire people to do the repairs so I can focus more on my training." He murmured, more to himself than anyone else. It wasn't so much that he minded the work, but he couldn't deny it cut into his training time, and the long hours did take their toll from time to time.

Ayumu bit his tongue at Ryu's remark, still swaying as he walked, still trying hard not to be pulled over by the sheer weight of his arms. He didn't bite it well. "Must be sooooo hard to be a genius." He shook his head in disgust. Tch, if he knew.... He's busy working, I'm busy actually being a ninja. Just you wait, Ryu... just you wait. The thought made him smirk.[SIZE= 14px] "Oh well. By the way, you two, sensei as well I suppose, what sort of stories have you heard as far as the chuunin exams? My brother had to steal some scrolls in a cave from other genin, among other things. I know very well at the least you two will do your parts."[/SIZE]

"The only thing that seems consistent is that the exam's in three parts and the final is always some kind of tournament. The first two seem to keep changing," Yuuki glanced over at his teammates, "But I think they have something to do with teamwork." Not that he could say it with much certainty.

"Yuuki is correct, the main overlying theme is teamwork." The man added in, before continuing on. "It has had several revisions during its time, and not all tests are the same due to the many different types of shinobi going in. New tests and trials can be added simply by the addition of a different than normal opponent, as such I recommend taking stock of the other ninja villages out there, should you have a mind to prepare." 

The man wove a finger to his genin as if to say 'Forget this at your own peril.'

[SIZE= 14px]"Failure to plan, is planning for failure. Don't let L[/SIZE]ady Luck decide your path for you." 

Ayumu sighed. "Sensei, you ought know with advice like that, I'll be apt to be caught sneaking into other villages for info.  I was rather hoping to get a solid idea from stories. I suppose that won't be so easy. Heh. No shortcuts to being a ninja I suppose."

He caught himself nearly falling forward.

"Ayumu has a point," Yuuki glanced back at Kazou, "How are we supposed to get a good idea about the competition without actually going to those villages? Sure Tsubaki has a Bingo Book, but it's not like those have info on any genin." He hesitated for a moment, "Right?"

Spotting something out of the corner of his eye, the genin was quickly distracted from talking about the upcoming exams. He stepped away from the group to get a closer look at a faint carving in one of the trees. While hard to see, the four tomoe etched into the wood were the same as the ones near the collar on the back of Yuuki's shirt. 

"Examining the city as a whole can very well clue you in to certain tendencies towards the ninja it produces. Rumors and stories have their place as well, taken with a grain of salt they can be good at predicting your future opponents." The man lectured once again, before he noticed Yuuki had strayed from the pack. 

"Yuuki, have you found something?" He asked his pupil, walking towards the young man... one might notice he was not having as much trouble as the young men were going through the mud... Seems he was using chakra control to prevent any sudden sinking... 

Yuuki glanced over his shoulder, "You guys can go on ahead, there's something I need to check out." Without another word he took off away from the road, following what looked to be the beginnings of a new path. A few more shadowmarks could be spotted along the trail if one were to keep a close eye out. The genin eventually came to a stop near a small house just over a kilometer from where the trail began. While at first glance nothing appeared to be out of the ordinary, something just felt... off about the place.

"...Always wanting to go off on their own... Ayumu, Ryu, with me." The man sighed as he simply followed down the way after Yuuki. The emblems did catch his eye.... 

Mifunes...? 

"I never heard of another branch in the vicinity... perhaps something we shouldn't pry into..." Kazou whispered to himself, wondering just what was going on here. He held up a hand to stop the others, watching Yuuki and the building beyond. "Mind your surroundings, this might just be a trap." 

Ayumu sighed.  "What under the heavens does he think he's doing? We're a team, are we not? I even put up with this pleb. I'll call him back..." 

A few handsigns later, and a clone of Ayumu would appear by Yuuki, with a message. "Yuuki, we're a team, come back here. I don't care what it is, surely you trust us to actually help out, don't you? And if you don't, you can trust me to haunt your nightmares. Genjutsu's rather useful against a sleeping target."

"I know," Yuuki murmured, unlocking his blade from its sheathe. He'd half expected Kazou to give chase, but he wasn't expecting Ayumu and Ryu. The sassy clone probably should have been expected though... Yuuki looked back over his shoulder at his teammate, his expression less than amused from the threat. "You're already about to drop dead as is. Besides, since when did you ever want to get involved in some 'pleb's' family affairs?"

[SIZE= 14px]"You do know this clone is a product of your imagination and none of what you tell me will actually come back to me, right? You're basically talking to the paint chips on the wall. However, you know what'd I'd say anyways."[/SIZE]

The large man landed without a sound a few feet behind Yuuki. "This is indeed Mifune business.... but do understand, your squad is a part of that family. Not in blood, but enough for us to support you in what should be ahead... A certain sister of yours took a long time to get that into her head..." A slight smirk popped upon his face before he cleared his throat. "Regardless, we are here if you need us. At least allow Ayumu to accompany you inside... The real Ayumu." He glanced back to his student with a "Move forward" motion of his hand. "Call if there is any trouble, I shall watch from outside." Why not have his genin have a little bit of free reign? 

Ayumu nodded, thought he was the last in the group to arrive. Taking a deep breath, he again continued his haggard movement towards Yuuki. He gave Kazou a slightly sharp look. "This training is really tiring on occasion. I'm happy to help, however. Teamwork is based on trust after all." With that he sprinted forward towards Yuuki. "How do you know this is Mifune business, Yuuki?"

"Shadowmarks with our family crest," Yuuki said as he started towards the home. "Something the clan's been using long before our village was destroyed." While the marks seemed fairly fresh, the house itself looked much older. Were they newer residents or was Kazou right? There were other signs of life outside the home, that much was reassuring. Toys scattered about the yard, laundry hung to dry, a ladder rested against a wall where it seemed repairs were being done on the roof. "But why is it so quiet?" He murmured, blade still unlocked as the pair approached the door.

Ayumu raised an eyebrow at Yuuki. "You of all people asking that question? How quaint." Yuuki had raised a good point however. No sign of the roofer. It was the prime time of day to be working too. Maybe a lunch break or the like. There was also the fact the group was in one piece while trespassing a clan's house. Most clans didn't react too well to that. "Any odd family events your clan does?" 

Ryu had gotten particularly quiet as they found the place. Everything, at once, seemed perfectly normal and yet completely out of place at the same time. He found himself hoping, praying, that this wasn't what he thought it was, that it wasn't like what he had seen with his family so many times before.

Rolling his eyes, Yuuki ignored Ayumu's little comment and only answered the question. "Not... really, no." Reaching the door he stood just off to the side of it, trying to see if he could hear anything from inside the house. Nothing but the sounds of the wind rustling trees outside. "Go for a standard entry?"

Ayumu produced a hairpin from his hair. "I thought we'd just kick it down, announce ourselves as strangers, and see if they wanted us for dinner. Seeing as you don't hear anything, I doubt anyone's waiting for us, so long as we're not too loud, we should be fine." He stumbled as he put one hand down on the ground, and held the other hand up to the lock as he tried to pick it. His hand was extremely unsteady, and Ayumu made no progress. "Curses to the Sage. Ugh. Yuuki, Ryu, turn around, and don't look. I mean it."

Ayumu slid off the training weight from his arm, a small thud as he 'lightly' placed it down, or at least as well as he could. The sound of the door opening would be heard within seconds of him doing so. He reattached it and turned to his teammate. "We're good."

Yuuki rolled his eyes at the request, but complied if only to take another look at their surroundings. "Guess I've got point this time," he murmured, stepping inside. The entryway was clean, three pairs of shoes sat just inside. Several people were supposedly home but not a sound came from inside.

"Maybe I should go in first..." Ryu murmured, standing just behind Yuuki in the entryway. True, this was Yuuki's family more than his, but... a nagging feeling in the pit of his stomach made him wonder if this was a good idea to enter further.

Yuuki shook his head. If they actually found any Mifune inside, he'd be able to keep a fight from breaking out. 

...If...

The genin frowned, moving further inside. Was he really already giving up before even searching the place? The inside of the house was clean and well kept, smelling faintly of the incense made in Matsushiri village. Another scent clung to the air, metallic and bitter. It made Yuuki's hair stand on end.

The door to the first room was open, likely the sitting room if the house's layout followed any of the others he'd seen. He stopped just out of sight from the entrance, glancing back at the others to be sure they were ready before giving a short nod and stepping inside.

The scene awaiting them was enough to make the color leave Yuuki's face. All three family members were inside, it was clear there had at least been a fight. The metallic scent of blood overpowered the incense that sat in front of the small family shrine. Even the air seemed to become suffocating to any that dared to enter the scene.

Ayumu walked in last. He suddenly felt dizzy as his eyes registered what he saw. Blood. Blood everywhere as far as he was concerned. Ayumu had never seen a murder before. His dizziness reached a peak, and before he could restrain himself, he tasted puke in his mouth. He made sure to go behind a desk in the room. He regained himself shortly after, pretending nothing had happened. He cast a few handsigns, and cloths covered the bodies. To Ryu and Yuuki at least. He couldn't actually do it in real life, or for himself, but it was a token gesture for the dead.

"What manner of beast would take a family's life like this!? What right - !?" He realized he was getting uncharacteristically emotional and shut up.

Ryu's expression didn't change, but the color did drain from his eyes. Unlike Ayumu, Ryu was more than accustomed to seeing blood. "We won't know with the bodies covered. Drop the jutsu... The bodies may tell us something." His voice was remarkably calm as he stepped towards the three corpses. "Yuuki, watch my back in case whoever or whatever did this is still around." 

It seemed fresh. The coloration of the blood, the fact the smell of decay hadn't smacked them in the face before they found the bodies... The attacker could still be around, and if it could slaughter two full grown Mifune members protecting presumably their child... It would likely be highly dangerous. Even now, he kept one hand on the flask on his hip, just in case.

The moment Yuuki saw the scene that awaited them it felt like his heart had stopped. The air in the room felt heavy, making it difficult to breathe as he could only stare at the three lifeless forms on the floor. While he didn't even register Ayumu scrambling away for a moment, there was a slight nod offered when his teammate's jutsu took hold. 

They needed to be properly put to rest, he'd found them too late to be of any help. But who did this? And why? No, what business did three genin have in disturbing the bodies? 

Yuuki didn't miss Ryu callously moving towards the murdered family, he caught him telling Ayumu to drop what faint gesture of respect had been put in place. "Don't . . . don't touch them."

Ayumu tapped his forehead for a second, thinking just what would be best in this situation. He disliked the lack of respect to the dead, but perhaps, perhaps that's just what they needed. A murderer on the loose was more serious than a second or two of a faint gesture. Its not like it would do the deceased any good. "Let's leave them be. Perhaps start a grave outside." He grabbed Yuuki by the shoulder to lead him out, his large robe being fairly obscuring. As he did so, he undid the genjutsu on Ryu. He knew Ryu would do whatever needed to be done for clues. Yuuki it was best not to upset right now.

Ryu didn't even flinch at the sight of the bodies, carefully looking them over. He let out a sigh of relief when he examined the injuries. He had feared that perhaps his own family had been responsible, but the injuries effectively ruled out the Mizuchi clan. However, what he did find was hardly less troubling. 

"Lightning users... No doubt about that..." Ryu murmured. 

As for the rest of the injuries... Blades... No doubt there.. These people were butchered. The troubling part was the stained glass. It seemed so out of place amongst the carnage that it stuck out to Ryu like a sore thumb. It was a clue to their attacker, that much Ryu was certain of, though he had yet to face or hear about anyone using glass related Jutsu.

He sighed. "Troubling... it couldn't have happened more than a day ago too. The question is why..." He murmured to himself as he carefully closed their open eyes. The flask of water on his hip opened as he created a single water clone to head out and update the others, holding some water in the palm of his hand as he set about cleaning the corpses so, if nothing else, they could be buried with some dignity.

Yuuki silently followed Ayumu outside, his entire mind in a haze. He still couldn't stand the idea of Ryu messing around with the bodies. But had Ayumu not stepped in... would he actually have attacked him over it? So much anger, pain, confusion... it made it hard to think straight let alone actually process just what was going on. At least outside they could no longer smell the blood.

Kazou had turned to the building once his students finally returned... Well, two of them it seems. And it seemed one of which was worse for wear! "Yuuki?" He asked briskly stepping towards the young duo, taking the pale young man off of Ayumu. "What happened inside?" He asked Ayumu as he began checking Yuuki over. No external wounds... Shock? The man thought to himself as he awaited an explanation from the two. "...I should have went in then it seems..." He spoke once more, before he awaited their answer. 

[SIZE= 14px]"This seems to be a Mifune compound. There's... no one inside now. You might wish to see them yourself[/SIZE] for clues. Sensei, I would like to put in a mission request for. Kemurigakure, specifically to team Yamamoto... Is this request granted?"

He have to say what he was asking, round about as it was. He instead turned to the ground, producing a kunai. He handed one to Yuuki as well. He likely wasn't going to dig very well, but the effort likely counted. Trust was important between teammates after all.

"There are three fatalities inside. A young couple and a child. The woman was a member of the Mifune clan, the other two either weren't, or at least weren't Marked. Whoever is responsible for this was skilled in Lightning Jutsu." The clone finally emerged, coming towards the rest of the group. "However, that's not all of it. I found this as well, which has me thinking it could be multiple attackers. Maybe you can make more out of it than I can." He held out some of the stained glass shards to Kazou. "Only thing I can think of is some kind of glass jutsu, but I've never come across anything like it..."

The clone shook his head. "At this point, I estimate the time of the attack was somewhere between eight and twenty four hours ago as a result of the blood coloration, the lack of strong odor, and the advanced stages of rigor mortis." He concluded, closing his eyes. Ryu was, after all, raised in a mercenary family. Part of his upbringing was dealing with corpses, figuring out how long they'd been dead...

"I'm doing what I can to prep the bodies for a proper burial. Yuuki..." He paused, turning his eyes towards his adopted brother. "I don't know if the Mifune have any special last rites they perform, but regardless, it should be you to administer them as heir... When you come back in, the bodies will be cleaned up as best I could manage. I'll be checking the other rooms for additional clues as to why this happened. If I find trouble, I'll send up a geyser." The clone added before glancing at Ayumu, coming towards him before dropping his voice. "Do what you can to help Yuuki through this... That's not something I know how to do..."

Ayumu raised an eyebrow, in an almost panicked way at the request. "As if I do." Comfort? Not really his strong suit. Still, with a grunt, he went back to digging, the task at hand.

The clone looked up at Kazou now. "Do you have anything I need to relay back to myself?"

"Continue the search, return if you find anything new." Kazou dismissed the clone of Ryu before attending to the two. He rolled the piece of glass around in his hand, raising an eyebrow to the strange substance... whatever it was, it wasn't glass. "A Mifune compound... Singular Mifune woman with two non clan members... This might be a situation to bring to the family itself." He thought for a moment before he thought. If they don't know already...

"...A Mifune..." He repeated, feeling like as if some thought was rearing its ugly head. 

"!!" 

"Yuuki, were you told of any way to put a demon to rest?" He asked quickly, haste in his voice. "A rampant demon can very well cause a great deal of trouble, for us and any other unfortunate enough to come across it. If it comes down to it... Leave it to me." He will admit to being wary of fighting a being of... whatever the demon was... But it was better then letting his students take care of it... 

Gods forbid he require Tabemasu...

For the most part Yuuki was silent, absently digging while the others spoke. There really wasn't much more he could add at the moment, aside from a short nod to Ryu when it was mentioned he should see to the bodies as heir. He glanced back at Kazou at the teacher's sudden question, "Well... yeah, I can make a seal..." The genin frowned, slowly standing as he looked back at the house. After stumbling on the bodies, he had been too shaken to even think about the fact the daemon would be loose. With no village for it to return to... 

The clone nodded, heading back into the home. The original, meanwhile, had cleaned the bodies for burial, and was searching the rest of the house for clues. After a few empty rooms, he heard a low rumbling from behind a closed door. He slid the door open and was greeted by a creature straight from nightmares... A hellish dog, staring up at him and snarling. 

Slowly, with a strange calm, he simply slid the door closed.

"Kazou sensei said to return if you found anything" His clone spoke, finally catching up to him. About that point the door was knocked over, the hellish beast mistakenly taking a large bite out of the clone as Ryu jumped back. As the clone returned to water, it became a geyser that broke through the roof of the house. 

In an instant, he emptied his other flask, using a well aimed Serpent's Strike to knock back the daemon as it leaped at him. 

Of course, there was a reason the Mizuchi clan harbored such a hatred for the Mifune... The Daemon's chakra cloak. That bloody obstruction that made the Serpent's strike little better than useless. Again and again, he hit the beast, but only seemed able to knock it back. The punishing blows which could shatter bone seemed to do nothing to actually harm the beast. In short order, it simply began to lean into the hits, making them less effective as it charged him once more. 

"Shit!" Ryu barely got his arms up in time as the daemon slammed into him, sending him flying. He crashed through the front door before slamming squarely into Ayumu's back, knocking him into the hole he had been digging. 

"Kazou Sensei..." He paused to spit out some blood, his forearms burned from the creature's chakra. "I do believe... I've found something..." He slowly pushed himself up. "Sorry Ayumu..." He muttered, uncapping another flask as the beast stalked slowly out of the house towards him.

This... Was most certainly beyond his genin at this point... he needed to take point. If anything the burn will not be as bad on him... And they had a chuunin exam to do in the future. He could not let them sacrifice their future, nor themselves. "Stand back, Yuuki, prepare to seal it, i shall bring it to its knees..." the man stood still and performed a few signs, Ox, Horse and finally dragon, to activate his armor. The faint glow of blue danced along his form, ready to take on what might come ahead.

He withdrew one tessen to start flipping it open as he sunk, bending into a low stance. "I know not your name, but today you face me, Kazou Yamamoto, remember it when you return to whence you came."

"You're..." The creature's voice was low, strained, "Not... my master..."

Being face to face with the demon seemed to have brought a strange calm to Yuuki, letting him think clearly for the first time since they'd arrive. "Sensei, I don't think you should be challenging it."

"I apologize Yuuki, but it has already harmed one of our number... And demons are often not ones to negotiate peacefully..." He began to approach slowly, the two circling around one another, barely breaking eye contact. "So then... I do so hope you shall provide us with a good display. My students need to know first hand what your kind can do..." The man smiled, placing his hand close to his chest as he lead with the other facing the tessen upwards, covering his hand. "What type are you? A wolf... or perhaps a simple hound?"

It was at that word the demon rushed towards the man, large rending teeth encircling it's maw as it moved to bite the man clean in two.  Instead, the tall man spun as gracefully as as dancer, sidestepping the beast's bite with ease and bringing a closed tessen down upon the back of it's head... Which bounced off the cloak with no issue. 

"See the cloak, how it blocks attacks so easily, you will have a tough time simply beating this foe down with simple blows. Not to mention you run risk of becoming harmed by it." He never missed a chance to lecture, even as the beast attempted once again to remove his head, getting another sidestep from the man. 

"However, should you have a person who knows how to seal a demon, you need only-" he paused to duck yet another devastating bite. "Daze or pin it, for them to work their techniques." with a second bite incoming the man stuck the tessen into it's mouth, pinning the jaw open with the steel fan... While slyly leaving a little explosive tag present upon it. 

One explosion later, the man landed a few feet away from the creature, which shook its head to recover from the rather spicy meal it just had. 

"Of course, you can also use large scale offensive ninjutsu to pummel it into submission, much like so." The man began what might seem like one hell of a list of handsigns, his hands were a flurry, but it seemed he would not finish in time, for the dog was right upon him already!! 

With a enraged snap the beast bit down upon the large jounin's shoulder, sinking it's sharp fangs deep into the man's chest, piercing the armor much like it was nothing but paper... And then bursting into a massive puddle. Within the clearing smoke cloud stood the man, continuing his large line of handsigns. "The simple tricks oft work the best, and sometimes the best way to hide... Is to not move at all." 

Upon the last sign the well nearby began to emit a rather ominous sound, rushing waves and streaming water as the great water dragon arose from its birthplace. The draconicly formed water wasted no time as it crashed into the beast, rushing endlessly as it was pushed into the ground, leaving a large crater at its point of landing. "A tad brute forced, but it works wonders should you set it up correctly." Kazou said standing nearby the crater, waiting for it to come up again... should it dare. 

Which it seems it did, to which the man grabbed the mighty jaws of the now weakened beast, sinking slightly into the ground from its might. "Yuuki, do it now while I have it!" The man ordered his genin, smoke rising from his hands. The armor barely able to keep the disruptive chakra from burning through. 

While Yuuki would have watched the fight, if only to keep an eye on the erratic beast, he needed to focus on writing the sealing formula on a blank tag. If the characters weren't right the seal wouldn't do them any good. Seemed all those hours of repeatedly writing out the formula was actually going to come in handy.

At Kazou's signal, the genin appeared at their side with help from the body flicker technique. Placing the tag on the beast, he wove a series of signs to activate the seal. The painted characters came to life, coiling around the demon's neck like a kind of collar. Slowly its chakra seemed to fade with its aggression. "You can let go now," Yuuki murmured, watching as the seal made the creature look less monstrous. It would at least let them get back to the village without raising any hell.

Kazou obeyed and let go of the creature before him, dusting off his hands before looking to his two other genin. "Good work Yuuki. Ryu, are you unharmed?" He asked, walking over to the two as he prepared himself to use his healing palm if necessary. "That was certainly a fall you both took." He smiled, if to forget the slight burning feeling in his hands. 

"It's nothing compared to other injuries I've had." Ryu managed a bit of a smile, but the burns on his forearms were still rather severe. His clothing had done next to nothing to stop the chakra, which had immediately scorched his forearms on contact when he protected his body. Though, the impact still had probably cracked a couple ribs. Daemons were nothing to mess around with, and facing one in a hallway, which left little room to dodge, really hadn't gone well for him. 

On the other hand, he did face a rampaging daemon one on one and not die... So there was that...

Kazou looked his wounds over for a moment before setting to work on his arms first, a brief application of the healing palm alleviated the pain, but the small amount of burned skin would have to come off on its own accord... Shedding, mostly. And for the impact he took a moment to feel his chest... Apply the jutsu regardless to clear any possible internal injuries. Once finished he looked to Ayumu... still laying there. "Are you alive? Speak up if not." 

Ayumu groaned as an affirmative. Ryu landing was painful, sure, but once laid out, he'd found the ground so much more pleasant. It had even won over his germophobia. He really didn't want to get up. Still, the situation, even without the daemon, was rather tense, so he made his way to a seated position. "So, what village did it? What village uses glass?"

"It is not glass, it is something else..." Kazou took out the crystal to examine it once more... "Curious... not quite glass... still somewhat brittle alone... A crystal of some sort." He made a early estimation of what it was before he put it away once more. "As for what village uses it, I shall examine it once more once we are back, this demon wont be able to stay calm for long... best we get professional hands upon it."

A Peacock in the Demon's Den

(An Ayumu && Yuuki training)

Yuuki stifled a yawn as he walked down the main street of Kemuri. *Why does Kaozu-Sensei insist on doing water walking training at dawn? The water's so cold still...* Even tired, he didn't fail to notice it was fairly busy out for a change. Well, busy as far as Kemuri standards went. *Wonder how busy it'll be in Namigakure?*

A kunai landed at his feet, frieghteningly close to his sandals. A voice sounded from above him from the rooftops. Ayumu had been having his own workout... walking. So far, it had nearly killed him.

"I'm calling in a favor, Yuuki. Unless you're freezing to death from your swim."

He leaned over from the rooftop, his sleeve clattering as he rested it against his knee. The look was a mix of pretentious and tired, something only Ayumu could do both so naturally.

Yuuki leapt back from the kunai, no doubt drawing plenty of looks as he reached for his sword. He sighed when he heard Ayumu's voice, "There are ways get someone's attention without risking stabbing someone, you know." A low growl under his breath, at least he was decently dried out at this point. "So what do you need?"

"My, my, I would think you would prefer that to my normal hello."

Ayumu leapt down to the crowd, still gathering looks as he approached Yuuki with a saunter (which took more effort than it should have he thought).

"Well, I must admit, I got to thinking. You worked on genjutsu to cover weakness, not a bad thought seeing as the chunnin exams are coming up. I'm here to ask you for your specialty. I'm not one to ask for favors normally, but as I recall, you do owe me a session or two, so I'm calling it in."

He tapped Yuuki's chest lightly at 'owe me'. Ayumu was... well, Ayumu.

Yuuki could only roll his eyes, "You could just ask you know. Don't have to try and hold it over my head like I owe you something." He crossed his arms in front of him, "So what it is you want to work on? Just general stuff? Taking on a swordsman unarmed? You don't really seem like someone that'd have interest in kenjutsu."

Ayumu raised his eyebrow.

"That doesn't sound like me, now does it? I just wish for a simple spar, or whatever you deem prudent. I'm decent with knives, that's what I have so far. I'm trying to work on a jutsu, but I'm not sure how far I am. Practical weapon instruction is also welcome. In any case, you're the expert, I'll let you lead. I have dulled knives"

Yuuki gave a low hum in thought before nodding, "Alright. Well, I need to finish picking up some stuff for dinner before I can help much. Meet me at my house in a half hour then?" He preferred not to incur his mother's wrath over skipping out on chores. One of these days he'll learn how to much a clone that can actually do something.

"Your house is where?"

"Near the east wall. The gate has the clan's crest on it so it isn't too hard to find."

Ayumu sighed. 

"Well, this will be awkward. I'll see you there."

===============

Ayumu looked at the house infront of him, before tapping his forehead, he seemed to be debating with himself outside the entrance. 

"This can't be right. This house is far too big.... but that's the crest he had previously mentioned. But a pleeb like him? Hmm. a ninja sees underneath the underneath I suppose. I suppose he'd be likely as surprised by my house, but... is this it? Hmpf. I prefer things to be work related however."

"Figured you'd be inside with tea or something," Yuuki called as he approached, carrying a few bags. The lack of excitement coming from insdie the compound likely meant neither Ago or Mochi were visiting at the moment.

"Why? I'm hardly here for a tea party."

A slight shrug, "Guests are usually given tea if they're waiting on someone."

Ayumu sighed, grabbing a few bags from Yuuki to reduce the load.

"Yes, yes, I'm well aware, but I'm here for training, not to be laudered as a guest. Fewer people who care I'm here the better. If you wanted me as a guest, I would have dressed up better. I'm your teammate for training, not some honored guest visiting a clan. Now, where am I placing these? Sooner I can get on with training, the better."

"Alright, alright," Yuuki waved him off, leading the way inside. "We can put them here for now," he said while setting the bags on the counter. "Nothing here really needs to be kept cold, so it'll be fine."

Ayumu followed to the training area. This area was spacious too. Ayumu wasn't fond of it. He immediately had a redesign in his head, but was smart enough to keep it to himself. The flowers were nice though. He had to wonder about the caltropes in the them. He could sword he saw dried blood on one. Who would jump into a ninja's lawn uninvited anyways like that? Instead of asking that, he decided to get down to business.

"So, teacher of the day, what have you settled on? What glorious lesson have you for a peasant such as I?"

"Well you said you were working on a new jutsu, obviously something taijutsu related. So why don't you show me? I should be able to help figure out anything giving you a hard time."

Ayumu nodded. He glanced at his wrists. This was going to be fun.

"Well, to explain the concept, I had a bit of sparring with Kazou-sensei the other day. Went about as well as you'd imagine, a few pressure points and I was on the ground. I decided to look more into it. Have you heard of the Hyuga by chance?"

Two knives produced through the bottoms of his sleeves as he spoke.

"These are dulled obviously."

"Mmm a little, their doujutsu outclasses the Ryugan pretty majorly and their Juuken style is not something I really want to go up against."

"And it only takes a tap. Against a person, it only takes a small cut on a major artery to take down a man, and that requires very little medical knowledge. If only I had something sharp. I've studied their stance and speed a bit, I would like to try. You are the taijutsu expert, I don't think I could hurt you if I tried, and unlike Kazou-sensei, you are my level."

Ayumu took a deep breath before sliding into a stance, his back lowering with his arm spread out to the sides. His body trembled a bit at the stance, but he had to try. 

"Ready?" 

Ayumu flew forward at him, two blades flashing at Yuuki's shoulders.

"Blade Dance: Two Petals" 

When Yuuki'd asked for a demonstration, he didn't really mean for Ayumu to use him as the target. But... what could you expect from Kemuri's resident peacock? The stance was interesting, though it was easy to see his teammate struggling to hold it. He slid into a stance of his own, not bothering to reach for his blade. Drawing it would only defeat the purpose of observing the new technique.

"Yeah, go ahead." Yuuki's focus fell on the brandished knives, studying Ayumu's grip and movements. Golden hues narrowed as Ayumu made his move. The blades were small, they shouldn't have required so much effort to bring up for the first strike. The weights on Ayumu's arms struck the vambraces protecting his as he blocked, forcing his teammate's arms outward before sending him to the ground with a front kick.

Ayumu wasn't quite sure what had happened, other than the fact he was sprawled out on the ground.

"Dirt everywhere, isn't there... Ugh, I seem stuck between a rock and a hard place."

It would probably be a good idea to take his jacket off and put his hair up,but he was using them as cover. Still, it was answering his question of how far he could go. In truth, that was more what he was wanting to see, if he could even do anything in the bloody things. He still had a ways to go. 

Ayumu glanced over, and saw his sleeves wide open, his arms bare. He gasped realizing they were in the open. Ayumu quickly popped his hands into his sleeves, and practically jumped up. He almost glared at Yuuki, trying to gauge if he'd caught on.

"You... Yuuki, did you see anything?"

"Plenty," Yuuki folded his arms in front of his chest. "The idea really isn't that bad, trying to make your movements harder to follow with those loose fitting sleeves. But your movements are too slow, it looks like you're struggling just to raise your arms to attack." He tilted his head slightly, "I really wasn't sure why until I blocked that attack of yours. Kazou-Sensei's idea?"

Ayumu sighed.

'Originally, yes, yes it was. I might have taken the liberty to increase the weights a few times though. To be honest, it's the reason I've been a tad bit sluggish for the last few missions, I've been trying to adjust, trying to play catchup with this body of mine. Just... don't tell Ryu. This is the last thing I want him knowing about. I don't want to show him what I've been up til I can force him to acknowledge it. If he gets wind of it, he'll just genius his way against it. Me being lazy is a much better facade."

Taking a second deep breath, Ayumu did what he knew he should have done all along. He removed his coat, tossing it against a tree top, removing 2 sharp knives as well from it. He tied his hair in a ponytail, then looked at his weights, slidding them off both hands, and kicking them off his feet. Each of the four landed with a thud. Ayumu felt naked without his arsenal of a robe. He felt worse looking like a normal kid (though with makeup). Just a black shirt underneath. Without the weights, he felt like he was floating.

"Alright, this should be much better. I can't figure out the final step. I suppose it might be a bit more helpful to let you watch before I show you it... more personally." 

Ayumu approached a practive dummy, before again resuming the stance. It looked natural on him this time. He picked up his sharpened blades.

"Blade Dance: 2 petals"

In a fairly quick movement, he lunged at it, two cuts appearing across the figure, right across where the elbows would be.

"4 petals."

Ayumu pivoted, suddenly the speed of his strikes literally doubled, 4 more cuts appearing on it.

"8 petals!"

He flinched as he tried to pivot once again, his footwork barely holding him in place throughout it. His speed doubled once again, being fourfold above what he'd started with.

"16 pe-"

As his foot turned for the next onslaugt, Ayumu lost his balance, falling backward onto the ground due to his poor footwork. He didn't bother to get up, sounding annoyed from the ground.

"You can see the problem."

Yuuki slowly nodded, the technique was impressive to say the least. Definitely not something he expected to come from Ayumu. "I don't think Ryu could even keep up with you now if you're not wearing those weights," he chuckled, picking up the dropped knives. "Anyway, it's your footwork and stances that are the issue. Being the fastest shinobi out there doesn't really mean anything if you can't keep your footing." He held a hand out to his teammate to help him up.

Ayumu actually took the hand in getting up.

"Trust me, Ryu would still keep up no problem if he had the motivation. Annoying, and he's not even a fulltime ninja. Tch. So, what do I need to work on in footwork? My wrists can keep doubling the speed, but I can't find the right angle for it. What's wrong about it."

"Your stances are too narrow," Yuuki said as he copied the technique's opening stance, "Outside of this one you have your feet so close together you're almost tripping over them. Unless you're taking a step forward, try and keep this stance." With that he lunged forward at the target landing 2 cuts, then 4, 8, and finally 16 without losing his balance. The speed was nearly the same, though the cuts didn't land in the exact same spots. "One of the most important things in taijutsu is your stance; if that isn't stable then your technique is much weaker and you leave yourself open to counters."

Ayumu snarled at seeing his technique being picked up so quick. Then again, this was the reason he'd gone to Yuuki. Yuuki at least trained hard to get where he was, and was by far the best of them at taijutsu. There wouldn't be a point to coming to him if that wasn't the case. Ayumu closed his eyes, stepping forward at the dummy. He imagined the movements of Yuuki, remembering his feet especially (and the dummy as Ryu). 

"2 petals, 4 petals, 8 petals, -"

At the critical pivot point, he planted his right foot hard as he lept into the last combo portion

"16 petals!"

He dove with his all into it, 16 strikes appearing across the dummy as he became a blur to it (though likely not to Yuuki). 16 hits in the space of 2, 8 times faster. As the technique finished, Ayumu crouched on one knee. The technique was tiring to say the least.

"Well, I think I got what I came here to. Do NOT tell anyone about the weights. I, afterall, have appearences to maintain."

Ayumu turned to grab his things.

Yuuki couldn't help but grin seeing Ayumu land the attack without any stumbling. It would take some practice to turn the new stances into muscle memory, but he knew Ayumu would work hard on perfecting them. "Don't worry, I won't tell anyone. Kinda ruins the surprise when the one no one thinks does any work suddenly ends up faster than most." He chuckled, "Anyway if you ever want to work more on stance and footwork, you know where to find me."

Kazou Yamamoto

Lyn Yamamoto

Tsubaki Mifune

It was mid morning at the Yamamoto residence, a young lady named Lyn stared with bright eyes into the book she was reading, a book that her father attempted to break line of sight with at every turn. Little Lyn, his dearest treasure, has began not to long ago stating her love of a certain type of legless reptile. While this, of course, made the man's skin crawl, he could not willingly prevent her new found love for the "Adorable noodles!" that she ever so loved. He has staved off talk about a pet, but instead opted to have gotten her snake related gifts for her birthday, something her friends, fellow snake lovers it seems, also loved... 

This book was detailing the many species and such out there, a book that Kazou swore to never read himself... unless Lyn asked him to. When had he become such a push over that a bright eyed child could make him bend to her whim so easily? 

It mattered little, as he was going to be having company over, a thought which most certainly brightened his mood. With some clever foot work, he has managed to get Tsuki off his ass, and staring at a fake one in the hot springs, thus allowing him to actually gain a modicum of social interaction with an old friend. 

Sitting at a table, large book in her hands, the young lady flipped another page, examining each and every word upon the pages before her. Intelligent for her age... Kazou thought to himself, wondering what could be in store for that little bundle of sweetness. He was finishing up his reports, sitting across the table from his adopted child, occasionally looking towards the clock. 

The house was relatively small, two bedrooms, one bath, a living room, dining area with a walk in kitchen next to it. it was really a place that Kazou came to sleep and rest more then really label it as his home. but with another here, he put more love into the place. It was no Mifune mansion, or that amalgamation of buildings that was the Aburame household, but it was home. 

More of a home than he had felt he had in years. 

At this moment he was dressed rather simply, black T shirt, jeans, white socks that occasionally slip on the floor. Hell, he almost looked normal for once, would Ayumu faint seeing his sensei as such he wondered. 

Occasionally he looked to the door, waiting for somebody to come. 

Lyn herself would as well, as she was told a old friend of his who is a snake expert would be coming to visit today, thus, she was easily just as excited as he was, already picking out her favorites from the large book before her to show whoever the snake expert was.

A light knock sounded at the door, Tsubaki standing just outside. Like Kazou, she wore far more casual clothing than her normal shinobi attire. Dark pants, a violet tank top and black jacket made up her clothing for the day. While she normally may have forgone the jacket, it sounded like little Lyn wanted a demonstration of her jutsu. Summoning with her tattoos was slightly less unnerving when covered by a sleeve.

The two perked up at the sound of the door, one looked quite excited to finally see the visitor, the other put down her book and rushed to the door to greet Tsubaki. "Hello!" Greeted the young lady, opening the door to the person she had been expecting. "Tsubaki, please come in." Added Kazou, as he got up to greet her as well. It wasn't often one would see her so casual, it was odd in a way... He had in the past wondered if she wore anything but her gear, but that was when they were just genin. 

"Come on in, somebody has been very excited to meet you-" Kazou barely finished when Lyn began hopping up and down speaking a mile a minute. "Can you really summon snakes? What's your favorite? Do you know about-" she rattled on(hehehe) more and more questions, looking all but enthralled by the jounin already. 

"Lyn, come on now at least let her get in the door." 

Tsubaki chuckled at the girl's enthusiasm, slipping off her shoes as she stepped inside. "Kazou certainly wasn't kidding about your newfound love," she offered a slight smile as she knelt in front of Lyn. "And as a matter of fact," she raised her arm slightly, Sora's light green head soon peering out from her sleeve, "I can summon snakes. Most of my family can." Sora gave a few inquisitive flicks of his tongue before climbing up Tsubaki's arm to rest comfortably on her shoulders. "This is Sora, a gliding snake and one of the ones I work with the most."

"Well I am the best flyer," he boasted, not really caring if Lyn heard him speak. "That and Perseus can't even hope to get in half the places I can."

Lyn's face went from ecstatic to see a real live snake, to her jaw nearly breaking through the floorboards as it spoke. "A... FLYING TALKING SNAKE!!!??"  Her eyes sparkled in delight, just wanting even the slightest chance to hold Sora. "So pretty! So cute! Can you really glide? I read of gliding snakes but I wasn't sure if they could!" She erupted into words as Kazou slowly, ever so slowly, backed away from the three. 

"Err, yes. Rather interesting." He scratched his lip, looking away from the reptile... Who no doubt could sense his hesitation. 

"Of course I can!" Sora gave a slight huff as Tsubaki stood back up, "Wouldn't be much of a flying snake if I couldn't." He pushed off her shoulder, draping around Lyn's instead. "Not exactly a lot of room in here for a proper demonstration though..."

Giggling like mad she was thoroughly impressed by her first snake friend. "So cool!!!" She said, regardless how small the demonstration is. She began to talk more with the snake as Kazou came forwards. "Thanks Tsubaki, not sure what came over her, it's been snakes for the past two weeks now." He chuckled, looking a tad bit worn with the whole thing. Perhaps it was fate's test to him to get over his fear? 

Lyn seemingly started to give the tour of the place to her guest around her body, Kazou was.. pleasantly surprised how the snake named Sora was with Lyn... Not that he expected Lyn to be rough with it, wasn't the type really. "Well, come on in, they should be busy for awhile." He gave the woman a small smirk as he led the way to the table. "Been too long." 

"It's not a problem, though she may want to learn to summon one of her own after this..." Tsubaki mused as Kazou led her further inside. "It certainly has been a long time though," She took a seat at the small kitchen table. "Between missions, students, and eluding nosy deities it's been rather hard to find a moment."

"Tell me about it, but I have her thoroughly preoccupied at the moment, so we will be fine." He flashed an earnest smile, though it quickly turned confused. "But where do we even start? Heh, been so long I can't even think of what to talk about... Ah yes, I talked to Gou a bit of time ago, mentioned you are dealing with Mei's kid." He flashed a smirk her way. "How has that been going for you?" 

"She's been..." Violet eyes moved around the room as she search for the right words, "A bit of a trip to say the least. Definitely Mei's daughter that's for certain." Tsubaki chuckled, "Though with her training in kenjutsu, she's become Yuuki's student in a sense too. I almost feel bad for him."

"Poor boy, almost feel I should give him fair warning... perhaps not, he will learn easily enough. Or probably already has." Kazou chuckled thinking about his students. "Yuuki has actually gotten better at control his chakra, he can stand upon water for about... 5 or so minutes without taking an unnecessary bath." He smiled  abit, feeling a tad bit guilty. "The others are doing well enough, have I told you I put Ayumu on the weights?" 

"They were teammates, I think he's already very aware." A slight smirk crossed her lips, "I heard about that... Yuuki happened to finally master summoning during your little visit. Sounds like it was quite a scene-"

Kazou cleared his throat and rose a pointing finger. "Carrying on, Ayumu has shown quite a bit of progress with his stamina, I have yet to see him use his inhaler as of late. A sign that he has been sticking to my ordered jogs and exercises. Though... I'll admit the weights put him back on it for awhile..." He did his best to parry the conversation to a different angle... 

If he can do it with weapons why not words... Right? 

Tsubaki quirked an eyebrow at the dodged topic, "Well I was starting to wonder how long it'd be before you put one of your students through what you had to." She rested her chin on interlaced fingers, "I suppose out of the three Ayumu needed it the most. It's rather impressive he graduated in the first place given his condition at the time."

"True enough, mind I also have Ryu... Though the young man could learn to not be so single minded..." He sighed. "I can say it as many times as I wish, but the boy doesn't learn." He shook his head before Looking back to Tsubaki, she looked rather cute today really... Ah... What was he talking about? "Err.... Yes, all he does is fuss over the water whip, he places too much upon it... But perhaps that's simply how he is dealing with his situation... Now that i think of it... the only one who I have no met their parents yet is Ayumu... I met Ryu's some time ago, but... For the life of me I have no a clue who they could be." 

She sighed softly, "Yeah... Yuuki's been trying, but it seems to fall on deaf ears for him too." Tsubaki shrugged, leaning back in her seat. "Perhaps the only way he'll learn is to go up against someone his go to jutsu means nothing. Though that might be a bit of a tossup." But as for parents... she thought for a moment, "Can't say I know much about them either. I've worked with a Chuunin - Hideyori Susumu - once before, I'd be surprised the two weren't related. Too young to be his parent though."

"That so? I don't think I have heard of them..." Kazou rose an eyebrow as he thought about it. "...What type of parents would make that young man I wonder..." He mused on that thought for a moment before returning to the present. "We can talk about students all day, but how have you yourself been? Keeping well I hope?" He flashed a warm smile, trying not to seem like he was grasping for ideas of what to talk about. 

"Well enough I suppose," Tsubaki tucked a few rogue strands of hair behind her ear. "This is probably the first moment of down time I've had in a long while... There's been more than a few missions from the nobles in Koseki requiring my skill set as of late."

"Well I'm glad to help you take a breather. It must be hard going from work to training... Would you like some tea by the way? Didn't cross my mind until now." he admitted, getting up and moving towards the kitchen to put a pot on the boil, after she gave an answer of course. "I myself have been given missions from time to time. Subjugation, not my specialty but I am a ninja nonetheless." 

"Sure, tea sounds nice," She watched him move to start some water boiling. "You're a medic though, so I'm sure the hospital's been keeping you plenty busy between missions and training the boys."

"Indeed, that I am. Balancing it all has been... difficult." He fell a bit short on his words, like they had a weight he didn't want to speak about. "It's not something to bring up in pleasant company, so don't worry." He flashed her a smile, hoping it would calm her worries as he got a few things ready while they waited. The sounds of laughter and talking echoed from the young lady's room. 

"And what about in the company of an old friend? Didn't you tell me once that keeping troubles to yourself only led to more problems?" Tsubaki quirked an eyebrow at him, "So what's on your mind?"

Kazou closed his eyes for a moment and nodded. "...Yes I did say that. Though do remember that was because it was you who simply kept everything in." He smirked but took up a seat closer to the stove and his friend.... talk of ill things or not, he was happy to have her around. 

"Tabemasu... it occasionally requires feeding... And if I do not, it takes for me forcefully, and even then it is not sated so easily." He mentioned the blade that was locked in his room currently. Chained, tagged and locked once more... "Thus... if i use it in such missions, it stays silent for awhile longer... if I do not.. it will pose a threat to those I care for... I have no found a way to seal the daemon yet myself. I've talked to Gou... But nothing has come up yet... It is a curse, a powerful one, but a curse nonetheless...." He grimaced, rubbing his chin, almost tempted to spit at the thought of the thing. 

"I've gotten a reputation though, the cleanest kills ever seen... I've been hearing words that I am not human, a blood drinker myself.... Thankfully this has not hit Kemuri.  It is vexing... the things making my life a happy one is taking up time I can use to find a way to destroy the beast." 

Tsubaki sighed, slowly nodding. So the damned thing was causing trouble once more... "I see... Father's still been searching for clues to help deal with it though. He was hoping to find something in those old scrolls he was restoring when you visited not too long ago." Though despite the old Mifune's efforts so far, he'd yet to find a way that could break the bond between Kazou and Tabemasu that wouldn't result in the Jounin's death. 

Violet eyes glanced in the direction of the hall voices drifted from, "Dammit if only you could just pass the blade to someone else." A dry chuckle escaped her lips, "Though I don't think Akira and Tabemasu would get along all that well. As for the rumors... having fear to your name isn't all that bad." Well, maybe for an assassin such as herself...

At her speaking of passing the blade on he grew a bit unhappy. "..I would never allow such a thing... I would never let you suffer in my place. ...I do this to protect the ones I love after all...." He grimaced and stared towards the ground, feeling stalwart in his decision. "I suppose some infamy won't hurt, I only hope I do not make any more enemies..." His mind was moving a bit too quickly to pick up on his own slip of words back there. 

"I shall be able to deal with it for a time, Renai knows of the situation, and we have no end to the dregs that are put up as targets... if only I could leave it all behind..." He seemed... forlorn... saddened.... as if all of this was wearing upon the man who was usually as strong and stable as a mountain. "The Chuunin exams will allow my students to be free for a time. Pursue their own training. I shall do so then. If you would help me, even better." 

"Kazou..." Tsubaki sighed as she stood, moving closer to Kazou and kneeling so she was at eye level. "You may be trying to protect everyone on your own, but now there's more at stake than just your life. There's a squad of genin that need their sensei, a young girl that needs her father, and..." She shook her head slightly, "We lost so many friends in the war, I'm not sure I could lose another. You know I'm willing to help you. Besides," the Jounin forced a slight smile, "sometimes the best way to deal with a monster is with another monster."

The man felt... horrid.... And relieved that his friend would go so far for him. "Indeed... I am being foolish..." He sighed, rubbing the back of his head as he met her eyes once again. "But don't you ever think you are one yourself. Alright?" A smile returning, as he heard a soft gasp come from none to far away...

Lyn stood with Sora, staring at the two, the young lady looked positively red as a beet as she made the jump in assumption of what what going on here. "Daddy your- Are you-" she wasn't fully sure what words to say, looking as if she had thousands of words running through her head at the same time.

"Umm, Umm, UMM, Sorry I'll... Umm.. Go.. over... here!" She started to back away as the man's face went red as a beet. "W-what! There is absolutely nothing- I.. err.. I mean we were talking Lyn, thats all!" 

Tsubaki sighed, chuckling slightly as she stood. "Just can't catch a break it seems..." She shook her head, "Probably not much point in even trying to chase her. Is this a common thing with Lyn?"

"She's... curious..." He sighed slightly as the young woman's room door closed, having brought the still entwined Sora back with her. "...Now she's going to be thinking.... Ah... Well..." Scratching behind his head he looked back to Tsubaki. "She's a sweetheart, but she's a tad bit nosy. The other month back she wanted to see what I was doing when Tsuki came for her... visit... Wanted dinner as usual, and sadly Ayame was busy so I trusted her alone for the evening. She became worried I guess so she found the boys... next thing I knew Lyn came crying into the restaurant and Tsuki was off to teach the boys a lesson... Apparently to everyone but Ayumu.

"Yuuki seems to have gotten the worst of it. She has a bit of an strange way of dealing with 'perverts,' it was a misunderstanding of course... But..." 

Tsubaki rubbed her eyes, "Well that explains a few things at least..." She looked back down the hall, "Guess we'll have to wait for her to settle down a bit before trying to explain things." Not that Lyn was the first person to assume such a thing about them. They never did get Mei to drop the idea...

Kazou sighed and gave a small nod. "Nothing for it. Could be worse mind..." he softened his words as suddenly the door was knocked on once more for today. "Hmm? I... don't know of anybody else coming today.... No... No she couldn't have noticed..." Kazou cringed, looking to Tsubaki. "...Ready yourself..." the man said as he slowly crept towards the door, a second set of knocks came as he crept towards the door.

Very slowly he turned the lock and shifted the door knob, "..Tsuki, is that you?" he asked the person behind the door awaiting an answer. "...Tsuki? Sir?" said a man, who looked confused. Kazou opened the door to reveal one of Kemuri's messengers, he held a portfolio out towards the man.  "Kage Renai has called upon you for a mission. I was told one of your fellow jounin are here as well, is that correct?" 

Kazou took a moment to think on it before he motioned to Tsubaki. "We are both present. we shall leave immediately." He clutched the portfolio and handed it to Tsubaki for her to read. 

Tsubaki quickly scanned through the details of the mission, her expression quickly growing grim. "Gods damn it all," she growled under her breath before snapping the folder closed and tossing it on the table. Slender fingers drummed against the tabletop for a moment before she shook her head and pushed away. "Sora," the jounin worked to keep her voice calm, "I need you to come here, we've got a mission."

Lyn came out at the call of Sora, not wanting to let him go just yet... But still willing to return him. The man plucked through the portfolio for the moment, gaze turning grim... "...So it seems... We must fight our own once again..." He sighed, before going towards Lyn, ignoring the snake currently by her face, waiting to return. "Sweetie, I'm going to have to go for some time. Do you think you will be fine?" He asked, a hand rubbing the top of her head softly. "Uhuh, but... be careful okay?" She knew her daddy was busy a lot, but a little time alone never hurt her. 

She only wanted to see him okay, especially after he comes back from work. 

"Good, remember if you need anything Ayame can always help, turn off the stove after you use it and keep safe okay?" He spoke like a true worried parent, only getting a hurried and slightly embarrassed. "Ookay!" from the young lady, causing him to smile, regardless of the reason he must leave. 

"I shall gather my gear and meet you there." He collected the papers and looked to his room. "...Our work is never done... When even a stolen moment is taken from us." 

Tsubaki nodded, "Sorry for leaving on such short notice, Lyn. Sora and I will be sure to visit again soon, maybe I'll be able to introduce you to Perseus or one of the others." 

Sora sighed, "I'll catch you later, Lyn." With that the summon vanished in a small puff of smoke. 

"I'll meet you there shortly, Kazou." Tsubaki said before stepping out the door.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Conjugal Visit 

Mochizuki walked down the halls of the prison. She'd finally convinced Seji to give her permission to visit. It'd been harder than she'd expected, for some reason he'd not wanted her to go. Still, she'd been persistant enough.  She'd never been a visitor to a jail before. She hadn't seen anyone else though except the guard tailing her. Did no one visit these people?

She made her way down until she stood infront of a very particular cell.

"Yo, Shingen, are ya's there?"

Silence hung in the air for a long moment, the man didn't even bother to look at her. "What's Seji's brat doing here?"

"Mochizuki is Mochizuki." 

She leaned against the wall next to it, trying to play it cool, though, with Mochizuki....

"Anyways, I wanted to talk with'cha. Thought about, you was definitely lying. Ya told me it was about money, but, I maybe perhaps looked a bit more into it, and found nothing.. Its been buggin' me. I know if I ask people they ain't gunna tell me nuttin', so figured go to the source. I mean, what do I gots to lose? On the other hand, if it's fer a good reason, you have a good chance to try and tell me things ya know other people ain't telling me. Not like ya doing a whole lot sitting there, innit? So... what's so bad that a person like ya would go evil and stuff?"

Finally, Shingen looked at her in near disbelief. Was he really hearing this? "This has got to be some kind of joke..." He muttered with a dry laugh. "Why would you even care? Hell, I almost killed you and that moron you call 'sensei.' What makes you even think I'll give you anything?"

" 'cause ya hesitated." 

"I-" The Jounin's eyes narrowed as he studied her, "you think I [i[hesitated?[/i]"

"Yeah, I ain't dead, and Seji hit ya. I ain't the smartest, but, I don'ts think either shoulda happened."

Silence lingered in the air for a long moment before a chuckle left the man's lips, "Maybe you're not as stupid as I thought you were..." He mused quietly. Pale green eyes moved back to her, "Alright kid, maybe I did let you get away alive."

"Eh, I ain't that smart, obviously. I kinda stole the mission to hunt ya from Lady Renai, it's what got us in trouble anyways, she'd marked it B. I wanted to prove I could do real ninja stuff, and taking out the first few of ya students made me think we could. I kinda want to be respected cause people don't think I'm that smart. So, that's my story, what's yours? I only gave ya the highlights, cause I want to get on with yours. I mean, I'm just another genin, probably ain't crossed ya mind, but that missions really been eating me. Nobu, he was the big one, he quit being a ninja after that mission. Kiso's kinda afraid of water now. I couldn't talk for months after. Really kinda hated ya, and yet, felt like ya did it for some reason, and I can't understand it."

Shingen clicked his tongue, "Then maybe they just weren't cut out to be ninja." He arched an eyebrow at her, "did what, attack you? You were causing trouble, getting in the way. Think I'd just nicely ask you leave?"

Mochi pressed her finger to her lips. 

"Not really, but wasn't exactly nice people ya were with. Probably least mad 'bout the cut to the neck, that was a fight between ninjas, and I lost. Can't complain 'bout that and say I want to be a great ninja. I watched that fight with Seji, first time I ever saw actual strong peeps fight at it. Honestly, 'bout your level is where I wanna be. I want to be so strong, people can't help but respect me, and let me do my thing."

"Then you should probably be training and not playing twenty questions." 

"Well, yeah, but ya made me think, once I get strong, what do I want to use it for? I mean, didn't work out so well for you, but your water jutsu was awesome. Something went wrong. I figured someone like you would be a sensei, that Renai would trust ya for something important. 'sides, wouldn't have to ask so many if ya'd answer'em more directly. I get it, we're ninja, we got secrets, but something not ninjalike made ya go rogue. I mean, that's not a normal shinobi thing."

"Think you should do a little more reading on this village's history," Shingen leaned back, "This is a village founded by rogues, nothing about it is normal. 'Course now it's more of a slum than an actual village," the last part he muttered in clear disgust.

Mochi got up from the wall.

" 'kay, will do. Thanks, Shingen, I'll visit when I've done more of that." 

As abruptly as anything she did, Mochizuki made her way down the hall.

"Tch, moron's definitely rubbed off on her," the Jounin closed his eyes with a sigh. "Definitely more observant than I thought though..."

The Jounin Mission
The dark skies above started to clear up as the group of Jounin (and the lone Chuunin) moved at a steady pace through the empty fields. A few trees began to pop up along their path as the pollution from Koseki began to lessen allowing nature to slowly find its footing in the area around them. The air was becoming more crisp as the team traveled forward on their mission, taking them towards the forest where the missing-nin was reported to be located.

Seji kept his eyes focused ahead as he walked slightly behind the two Jounin. He looked towards his old Sensei, a light smirk on his face. It was strange to him being a Jounin- well team leader- for once. His time teaching at the academy had been an amazing experience on its own. But having three Genin under his command to teach directly was a far more interesting experience than he ever could have thought. It had opened his eyes to just what it must have been like for Kazou way back when.

"So how are yah little Genin? Showin' good promise after what I taught them as lil wanna' be ninja?" He spoke being a bit less... Seji in his tone. It was almost as if he was attempting to speak in a more mature light than he typically did. Even stranger he was doing so without intending to. As much of an 'interesting' person he could be, acting as a leader in front of others had shifted him to be a bit more proper when he wasn't goofing around completely.

"Can't believe just how much they grew, still got a lotta learnin' of course but they have done a good job improvin' on the way, learning some lessons. They got lotta' promise in them, and I'mma make sure they can all fly just fine on their own, I can see they can already." He spoke with a smirk looking to the others in his attempt to break the general silence as they traveled forward.

Tsubaki glanced back over her shoulder at Seji as he spoke. For the most part, her mind had just been on the mission. One Jounin slain, another missing... chances are he was the one that killed his partner. And now they had to track him down. The whole situation was a mess, one that generally didn't lead to laid back conversation about one's students. For the time being she elected to remain quiet, dark eyes focusing on the path ahead instead.

"While I do agree that they all show a good deal of promise. Do try to remember our mission at hand Seji." The man reminded his younger compatriot. "That said, they show a great deal of strength and cunning, there is no doubt they will prove themselves in the upcoming exams. Our village needs to showcase our newest and finest. We are well on our way to becoming whole once more... We only need to keep them working."

Some were more open to individual teaching than others though, gods forbid Ryu actually attempt to learn something other than his damn water whips... "Ayumu has gotten somewhat used to the training weights, though that took some time... I should remind myself to get him heavier ones when I return. Yuuki has taken up the tessen and.... Learned to summon..." he shuddered slightly. "If only they would learn to work together... Far too worried about solo tactics to realize the strength behind squad tactics."

The man let out a small sigh. "That shall be the next drill, I may have a plan for it as well." He smiled to nobody in particular, yes... That might be just the best way to do it.

Seji glanced over to Tsubaki as she kept silent. Truthfully he had expected such a response from her. She came off as the 'stuff' type to him, not really one to speak much or be very vocal. He hadn't really got much time around her to see her much on a more personal level. His head turned to his old teacher, a smirk on his lips hearing him speak. Despite it in part being reprimanded. It left him almost sentimental to hear Kazou speak to him in such a way. It felt like it was just yesterday he was working under Kazou's wing. Still, having Genin of his own it wasn't something he wanted to just dismiss. He enjoyed being in charge of a Squad, even if he felt as if he wasn't doing it perfect.

"Aye Kazzz! They be tricky tah' manage at times. I mean already they got in so much trou...." He paused rethinking his words. He didn't want to sound like a complete mess up. "Well... yah know... kids be kids. Mochi's got dat spunk goin on... bit too eager to jump into things a bit brashly..." He spoke, ironically describing himself in many ways as a Genin Kazou probably could pick out. "...but she is smarter than she lets on. Given bit of ol' Seji teachin' I'm sure she be a fine Shinobi like her teach." He spoke with a grin pointing to himself.

"Little Kiso.. she reminds me a bit o' em..." He spoke in his strange dialect, referencing one of his old teammates. "A bit on the grumpy side I'd say... not tha I can't see why she be like dat at times. Perhaps a bit overly confident... to her detriment..." He spoke a slight cringe on his face recalling a moment earlier. "None the less all the potential to be a skilled sword slicer is there with enough training." He spoke his words upbeat in response.

"As far as Jin goes, the lil puppeteer." He spoke in thought. "Tah' be honest... haven't worked with her too long to know her all that fully... though from what I know she seems tah' have a good bit of promise herself. She has a passion for her art which being the professional hip hopper I am I really have to admire it." He spoke with a grin gloating about his own talents... which were far from likely to be agreed on by Kazou. "I think a lil boost to her is all she needs to excel further. Really make her take her art and shape it to the next level of thought." He nodded a bit mostly to himself continuing forward.

Tsubaki looked back over her shoulder at Seji, violet eyes hardened into an icy glare. "I don't think you understand the severity of the situation, Seji." Her tone was harsh, unlike the usual cool voice she had during a mission. "A Jounin was murdered, by one of our own even. Now is far from the time to be bragging about your students, let alone your own ability." She turned back to the path ahead, eyes still narrowed in a bitter glare.

"We have a solemn duty today. Best be ready. From what I remember he was a genjutsu and kenjutsu user... We should be ready for two fold attacks. Back each other up and prepare for a takedown when we can. Do not let their illusions fool you..." Kazou spoke once more on the matter, taking one last check of his tessen, flipping the bladed fan open to check the mirror shine upon its blades. "Our job is to take him alive.... Lacking a limb, hand or foot... Will be of no consequence..." he snapped the blades shut, closing his eyes upon the thought.

"I shall aid you both, I shall protect you so that you may focus on the submission. Quick and simple.. we mustn't let this draw out."

Seji glanced over towards Tsubaki, hearing her harsh tone and feeling her cold gaze. He waved his hand a bit as if an attempt to ease the situation. "Whoa, gotcha, gotcha..." He spoke not quite agreeing with her harshness but not pushing the issue. It wasn't as if he didn't know the situation, he was one that didn't dwell much on the troubles they were facing. He didn't like to let bad things dwell over him. It helped a lot to keep him from being dragged down by the harsh reality of the world. It was what had helped him through much of his life and the harsh times he had. As much of a jokester as Seji could be, he could be serious as needed, even if he didn't show it.

"Don't worry Kaz, I'll show ya' what I got. Emp can help me out wit' his trickery, I'll take care of the flashy stuff to give Tsuks' the opening to take care of the rest." He spoke with a smirk, somewhat regretting giving Tsubaki a spontaneous nickname given her harsh gaze and comments earlier though deciding not to apologize or do anything of the sort. It was only likely going to make things worse anyways. He knew generally of her abilities figuring his plan to be more in the forefront would serve as a good tool to harass the enemy and act as a distraction. Hopefully that would synergize well with her talents.

"This is also a Mifune, Seji," Tsubaki's voice was slowly returning to its calm tone, "Don't assume Emp with give you much advantage." She slowed her pace slightly, eyes narrowing at the cuts in the earth and sparse trees. "These are fairly fresh..." Her voice had dropped to a near whisper. She tensed before being able to say anything else, eyes scanning their surroundings.

Ever so faintly, the ringing of bells drifted on the wind.

Along with the sound of ringing bells, occasionally a fierce grunt would come. Panting, a lone ninja stood, trees cut down around him, and a myriad of scars around the trees. For some reason, he kept cutting again and again against everything he could see. Despite being a Mifune, one taught to treasure their blade, he made no effort to conserve his.

Turning, he greeted the three. Behind him, a tree gave way, falling emphatically being him.

"Are you sent to retrieve me? Hehehe. I can't go yet! SHE commands me to free all of them. The god will be made whole! We will free all of them, all of them! I've been instructed t-"

Suddenly he took off, running in a line straight to Tsubaki as soon as his eyes met hers, cutting himself off mid-monologue with the rush. He didn't show any hesitation in his jump.

Channeling chakra into her feet, Tsubaki leaped back. Violet eyes narrowing as they met gray, Temporary Paralyses Technique. "Kojiro..." She murmured, thumb unlocking her blade from its sheathe. Already she could tell something was very wrong, the rapid speech alone was jarring against his usual reserved demeanor.

"Disgraceful." The man sighed. "And I didn't even notice him. Watch the trees, he's a genjutsu user." Kazou remembered the profile well enough, the bells... he must clear his mind of them. With a twist he aimed to kick the jounin directly back the way he came in his path, preparing for whatever trickery may come, he was already prepared to adopt his stance, should they require it...

Here's hoping he didn't need to reflect any fire balls today, he'd like to stay nice and cool on such a warm day.

At the kick, Kojiro was unable to move due to Tsubaki's influence and flew backwards from the blow. He regained himself quickly, stabbing the ground and skidding to a stop. Without even wasting a moment, he sprung back at the group. His eyes searched frantically for Tsubaki, who was behind Kazou, but for some reason, he couldn't fathom it.

"Cooooome out. I'll free the Daemon, sheeee commands it. All of them"

Unable to find her individually, he leapt at Kazou, his sword swinging exaggerated to the side, and the bells echoing across the area.

"How foolish, you must have certainly gone mad... or making a convincing display of it." Planting a foot upon the ground, taking up a sturdy stance as he blocked the sword with an arm blade. Snatching the hilt of the weapon in his hand he pulled the man close, however-

As Kazou's blade came up, Kojiro's flashed straight through it, with nothing happening to Kazou. Kazou's grasp on him would meet thin air.

From under the illusion, the real Kojiro slid under his feet, like a baseball homerun. His blade shot up from below at Kazou's wrist, while the man would continue sliding after the spike, using his thin frame to continue to the other side.

False Dragon, Striking Tiger

Seji's body flickered into place quickly appearing in the air above Kazou. Two red daemonic arms reached out from Seji's shoulders. The hands grasped tight onto Kazou's arms, careful to not injure him. Seji's hands were already mid handsign through before extending out before him towards the ground and Kojiro.

Expulsion Flames

An intense gust of flame erupted out from Seji's hands, spreading slightly over 5 feet out below him pointing to the ground. The rush of flames pushed Seji up along with Kazou who Emp was holding onto, propelling them nearly 8 feet in the air acting in a way as a 'mid air jump'. Emp's arms tossed Kazou up a bit more before releasing him, suspecting the Jounin would be fine from there to act on his own. Seji looked down upon the enemy ninja, hoping his attempt to help Kazou evade might also have managed to land a hit.

"..Clever boy..." he commented before the whole... Seji thing happened. He was confident that his armor would take it, likely would shatter the blade too... Though... he didn't quite count on being tossed into the air like a ragdoll. "...well... this is disconcerting." The man crossed his arms as he flew through the air. "Not often I find myself in the air, quite freeing I should think. Had I wings I'd fly. Though at this moment, I suppose flying like a rock shall do."

In a graceless fall the man collided with the earth, two feet imprinting deep into the ground with a loud crush.

"Tsubaki, if you would."

Wordlessly, three clones could be seen rushing at Kojiro from different angles, blades poised to strike. Crescent Moon Dance A fourth, the real, had appeared near where Kazou had landed, a large serpent lunging from her sleeve. Binding Snake Glare Spell Alive and incapacitated, not exactly her specialty but Tsubaki wanted some answers of her own on the matter.

The man stopped suddenly in his slide as Kazou disappeared from on top of him. His irises narrowed, and his face went grave.

"D-daemon!!!!!"

He instantly kicked back sending himself out the way of the flames, though they licked his skin leaving a few burns, before standing up from the ground in a way that seemed unnatural. He panted in excitement at the prospect.

"I can - I can - I can free two Daemons today. To our god! To make her happy!"

At the sound of the incoming clones, little as it was, Kojiro's eyes narrowed.

"Are- are- are you volunteering first?"

He body seemed to stumble like a drunkard, but his feet never left their place on the ground. Suddenly he dipped over like he was falling, only for his feet to catch him, causing him to swerve under the incoming clone, slashing up at it from beneath. This technique of swirling around a central pivot was repeated for each of the incoming clones and snake as well. Every time one came in striking distance, he suddenly swung himself under it. The lower the opponent went, the lower he did.

"Dust eater."

Maniacal laugher erupted from the swaying man.

"Why- why are you here anyways? Are you wanting to join the cult? Do you want to make her happy too? Do you want to raise-raise-raise it too?"

"Tch," the slain clones and wounded summon disappeared in clouds of smoke. His movements were nothing even remotely tied to the man's usual style of fighting. "Just what the hell happened to you?" Tsubaki murmured, remaining near Kazou as she gripped her blade to draw it. "What are you trying to raise, Kojiro?"

"How strange... Keeping low to the ground he strikes, while evading an enemy's attack with ease.... Hmm... How interesting." The man was mad, a frantically moving beast that was tempered by his techniques and experience into a proper killing machine. Such a shame to see him like this, his movements make it hard to pinpoint him, but his movements make it an issue to actually hit him in melee as well.

"Behind me." He called to the others, he began to place his hands palm forwards, stretching one upwards and one towards the ground, a sparkling silvery light shone in front of them, wisps of silver that traced from the earth to about a foot above the Jounin's head.

"I hold a demon myself, within the blade I carry lays Tabemasu. If you wish to take it from me, you must do so from my dead hands." He was obviously trying to draw attention to himself... but at this point, he didn't think the man cared...

Seji looked on hearing Kaz speak. He nodded a bit before moving behind Kaz, keeping to the side. His eyes kept focused on the noticeably crazy man. He gripped a Kunai in his hand, charging lightning into the weapon. His eyes remained on the opponent, waiting for them to strike first.

Kojiro laughed heartily. Considering his normal personality was stoic and reserved, it continued to be striking.

"It's not what I want to raise, it's what s-s-she wants to raise! The Tailed Beast. They-they, they are- hahaha!"

He dropped the weapon to the ground and started a series of handsigns. Kazou spoke next, and his neck twisted in an odd fashion.

"THREE!? HAHAHA! No matter who I kill, we're closer. Let's see.... let's see... who's my favorite? The knightly ninja, the undisciplined, or hehehe."

He ripped his blade off the ground, and ran forward, sliding at Kazou, slashing at him with a hearty blow..

"Another jutsu..." the man thought for a moment, closing his eyes to focus on the bells.. the bells were important, it showed him what the man was doing, and where he was... he always told him they were a foolish idea. But then again, his armor was often the counterpoint. But every ninja has their own style in the end, his was genjutsu, so perhaps the bells helped him?

The sound of a blade hitting glass made the man raise an eyebrow, he just ran into it? Hell, he hardly heard the bells! Perhaps only using hearing was a bad idea.

Oh well.

Upon impact of the blade the weapon was tossed back with relative ease from the glassy surface, showing the man's sparking weapon and his wobbling form in the reflective surface. From his head to his feet, all captured in the silvery glass, showing everything it saw.

The man behind it stoic and solid, moving not a singular inch as the glass cracked from the point of impact erupting forth with dazzling shards of mirror, jagged and rending they surged forward like a stream of water upon the assailant.

"Lunar mirror: Seven years of misfortune." Spoke the unmoving mouth of the man, still wondering what jutsu the man had used as the mirror quickly filled in the emptied spot, flowing towards it much akin to water.

Seji watched on finding the right moment to strike. He threw the lightning enhanced Kunai, aiming to strike the man. He pulled out two more kunai, a wire connected between them. He waited a moment before tossing them forward, attempting to catch the crazed man off guard and bind his arms with the wire. He wanted to make sure not to unintentionally kill the rogue shinobi, refraining from using his more dangerous Jutsu.

The man shrieked from the impact of the mirror. It felt like the shards were cutting him to ribbons, yet he continued forward, rolling past Kazou panting as he went. Another impact shocked him as a kunai dug into his shoulder, killing his left arm. At the next two however, Kojiro managed just enough strength to swing his blade between them, slicing the wire.

Bleeding all over, and broken beyond what most men would take, he continued his mad dash -albeit at a slower- pace at Tsubaki, his blade at the ready.

"Release one... release one...."

Tsubaki silently watched on as he continued his reckless charge, his movements slowed by fatigue and wounds. The heat of her blade distorted the air around it slightly. The path of his weapon was easy to read compared to before. Snapping her blade up she cut cleanly through his arm, severing it just above the elbow.

Kojiro let out an exasperated groan at the cut, turning wildly at her again, his teeth bared. It looked like he was going to try to bite her.. Then suddenly, something else made him scream, an intense pain shot through his body, and a seal became visible at his back. Chakra visibly jetted through it, and it caused Kojiro to collapse on the ground.

Blinking, suddenly his eyes changed. No longer were they wild, no longer was his body shaking from shear madness, it became calm.

"Tsubaki...."

The chakra leaving through the seal visibly began to thin. Kojiro nodded to the seal his back.

"You have to warn the clan about her, she -"

His head visibly slumped, his eyes still wide open. No more chakra leaked from the seal, yet it was still very visible, and very recognizable to two of the party.

GSym_P_zpstcsg3l8g.jpg

Seji stood quietly back, watching from a distance He finally jumped forward, moving closer to the fallen shinobi. He fixed his sunglasses seeming to take a little bit more relaxed posture though still keeping alert. Seji might come off as an oaf at times, but he did know better at the very least when it came to dealing with his job as a shinobi. He glanced down at the symbol, scratching his chin.

"Huh... what be that on his back?" He spoke inserting a little of his slang talk though generally keeping restrained as he stared upon the symbol. "Guy seemed just all sorts of crazy, 'got somet'ing to do that that symbol?" He asked never having seen it before.

"You were briefed about the mission in Koseki, correct Seji?" Kazou stepped forward to examine the marking. "The woman bore this mark, it seems she is a Fuinjutsu specialist from what we see here... he had a moment of lucidity, but the seal... hmm... must've been a failsafe... And perhaps the cause of his madness?" he began to theorize a possible reason for all of this and the function of the seal.

Flipping out his notepad he quickly replicated the seal upon the page.

"Kojiro." he snapped his fingers in front of the man's face then reached to check the man's pulse. "hmm... drained like a faucet... All of his chakra..." he began listing the symptoms he finds. "The woman seems to have a need to release daemons, for what purpose we do not know... Naturally, it's going to be a bad reason. Don't see anybody going about releasing demons for charity..." he sighed, shaking his head as he gave the body a bit of space... more so if the seal had a third function than for peace of mind.

Tsubaki was silent, frowning down at the body. Everything about this was troubling to say the least. Withdrawing a tag from her pouch, she bit into her thumb before writing an incantation of her own. Tsubaki knelt and held the tag out in front of Kojiro, expecting a faint glow to appear.

Nothing happened.

"Should have guessed, the seal took Morikane too..." The tag soon turned to ash in her grip, the frown still painting her features. Tsubaki reached out, closing his eyes before pulling the kunai free and lifting him from the ground.

Squad A
For the most part, it was an average morning in Kemuri, the clear sky hinting at yet another hot day for the village. Really the only thing even remotely unusual was the ringing of bells and several Mifune leaving the local temple. All of them were dressed in simple, black clothing. They'd been attending a funeral for one of their own. Yuuki had been oddly silent even since speaking to his father the previous night, though every now and then concealed anger would flicker through.

"Come on," He murmured to Ryu, speaking for the first time that day. "We need to go find Ayumu." Without offering any explanation he broke off from the group, taking to the village's rooftops.

Ryu only nodded his head, following after Yuuki. It had been a strange experience for him. The Mizuchi family rarely, if ever, held any formal ceremonies for those that died, except in rare circumstances. Although he had been living with the Mifune for some time, some of their traditions still seemed strange to him. Though, they were far better than the barbaric traditions of his own clan, that he knew...

It was difficult for him to know what he should say or do in times like this, so he just kept silent. If Yuuki needed to talk, he was there, obviously. In the interim, he would just stay silent to support his adopted brother. Though he did wonder why they needed to find Ayumu now, but he just assumed Yuuki had a good reason for it and would reveal it in due time.

"I'll help out more later, for now, I have training! Thanks for the sweets."

Ayumu's voice echoed through the streets as a door slammed behind him. The boy left carrying an armful of sweets. They were stacked so high he had to look to the sides to see anything, though thankfully they were bagged. He seemed... oddly cheery.

"Ha, Kazou-sensei's training is good for something, these are so light!"

Turning to the path, he froze like a deer in headlight as he saw Ryu and Yuuki. He could only roll his eyes. His personality instantly snapped back to normal.

"Great, what do you two want? We don't have a team training until later. Huh. Are couples wearing the same clothing now? If this is some team building exercise, count me out."

Yuuki's eyes narrowed at his teammate, "We just left a funeral, asshole." Seemed the genin's usual patience was also gone. "Anyway, we need to talk. So if you could keep your comments to yourself for a few minutes, I'd appreciate it."

"We need to talk, shut up? Seems a tad bit contrary. What is it you need?"

Yuuki shook his head, "You know damn well what I meant..." He folded his arms in front of his chest, "But there are some things you need to know about," he nodded to Ryu, "both of you. It's not exactly something that can be talked about in the middle of town, though."

Ryu nodded. "Let's go then." Truth be told, Ryu was anxious to hear more about what exactly had happened on the mission. The funeral had left a lot of questions and a startling shortage of answers. Clearly, Yuuki knew more about it than he did, and Ryu wanted answers. After all, a member of his adopted family was dead, and he wanted to know why.

Silently, Yuuki led them through a few side streets before slipping into an abandoned building. His eyes seemed to glow in the dim room as he made certain there was no one else nearby. "Aside from my family, only the Jounin know about this." He started before finally turning to face his teammates once more. "The funeral we were at... it was for my uncle, Kojiro. Something happened to him on his mission yesterday," Yuuki shook his head, trying not to pace. "Whatever it was, it literally drove him insane... He killed his own teammate and took off."

Yuuki's gaze shifted towards a broken window, "Tsubaki, Seji, and Kazou-Sensei were sent after him to find out what was going on. Uncle Kojiro... he... kept saying something about a cult, some group that's going out and trying to collect daemons. That she was in control, whoever that is. The moment they captured him, a seal appeared on his back. He snapped out of his insanity and tried to give a warning... but that damn seal drained all his chakra and stripped his daemon from him, killing him." Yuuki pulled a slip of paper from his pocket and held it up so Ayumu and Ryu could see the symbol painted on it, "This was the seal, look familiar?"

Ayumu dropped the sweets, a snarl coming to his face.

"More than. That paperbitch."

The expression and comment were void of any of his normal elegance.

"Tch, so, what do you want us to do? I'm already planning on killing her if I get any wind of her movements. Rank be damned. She mocked my genjutsu and played with sensei, this is unforgivable. At least we know she's going for daemon. Hmm..."

Ayumu fell quiet as a mischevious look came to his face, it was an odd combination of a smirk and snarl. She wanted daemon? That was easy enough to fake.

Ryu closed his eyes, thinking for a moment. "I wonder... Do you think this has anything to do with those three that ambushed Tsubaki's squad on their mission?" Of course, he'd heard about it, given how quickly news spreads through Kemuri. He leaned against the wall, contemplating things. "Not like I really need any more reason to want to kill that bitch, but if she's out trying to collect Daemons, it can't be for anything good..." He mused looking to the others. "The only question is... what could she possibly be planning to do with them?"

Yuuki shifted, "I'm not sure... those tags were different. They didn't have the same symbol on them..." The whole mess was troubling, to say the least. It was bad enough that one group was targeting his family, but now there was the possibility of there being two after them...

"Oh, you won't kill her if I get to her first. I will BREAK her. Still, don't you think that's useful information? She has a purpose, and we have a man with a daemon inside him. I dare say, when we are ready, we can fight her on our terms. Gives my training meaning at least. What does she want? Well, ignorance or apathy, I do not know, nor do I care. She needs daemon for it, we know that much. Is there anything else you need or want Yuuki?"

Ayumu began to gather the sweets he'd had that were bagged. The rest he left for rats.

"No," Yuuki murmured, his gaze still outside. "Not like we really have enough info to do anything more than train right now..."

"Then that's what we'll do. No doubt she's preparing every chance she can get so nothing can stop her, so we need to train even harder to make sure when we face her again we put her in the ground permanently." Ryu remarked pushing himself off the wall.

Ayumu facepalmed at them both.

"And this is why I avoid speaking with plebs.

We have plenty of info, and she is always a woman, always mortal. The ball is in our court whenever we want. And while I doubt it's what you mean, training 'harder' would benefit none of the three of us. Yuuki is an heir who is given a plethora of private instruction. Ryu, at least from the way he brags, likely works his body past the point of what it can recover. And I'm fabulous. What we need is vision.

I'm a genjutsu user, I deal with making a dream a reality, can we all agree our dream's at least to pay her back for Koseki? If so, logic is our enemy, we'll simply make it so. If it isn't, I see no reason to bring it up as a group. It's mine, I can say that now."

"Then what do you suggest?" Yuuki's tone showed his frustration, "It's a woman after daemons. No name, no appearance outside of the cloak and mask from Koseki, no real location... Hell, if we even tried to go after her ourselves, Kazou would catch us before we even got near the gates."

"Tsk, tsk. Ignoring a question is rude. Or ignoring my entire little speech. I do hate repeating myself. 'The ball is in our court whenever we want.' And 'can we agree on our dream? If so, logic is our enemy, we'll simply make it so.' I suggest exactly that. And I recall saying training harder would be of no benefit, not training would be of no benefit. In any case, you seem slightly angry, I'll leave you to cool off. I do believe I haven't finished, or even started my normal regime."

With a smirk, the hunched over genin took off to the rooftops.

Kazou Yamamoto
Tsubaki Mifune

“Hrrrmmm…. hmmm...Hmph….” Kazou grumbled in thought, they had only just dropped off their genin at the test and he was already rather… Well… Tense… Pacing back and forth the man was deep in thought over many different things. Ayame was handling Lin, who was happy to see Ayame, wasn’t happy about having a babysitter.

“I’m okay on my own dad!" she tried to convince him as all children do... Sadly he was of a different opinion. “Next time, I promise,” he swore… But was unsure.

Though likely she’d hold it above him that he promised... So… Well…

The other problem was that he was worried about the boys, he was sure they’d do well, but... Still..

The third most problem, and quite the large one, was that a certain demon was clawing at the backdoor of his mind…

He let out a sigh and shook his head, they weren’t far from the examination building but he was already at wits end to deal with the damn sword’s urges…

Tsubaki’s violet hues studied him as they walked. While she was concerned for how her own genin would fair, she was more concerned about the obvious stress her former teammate was under. “It’s bugging you again, isn’t it?” Her voice was low as they walked through the bustling city, the pair easily slipping away from Seji for the time being. Hopefully, Saizo would keep his distance as well.

Kazou slightly jumped from his deep thoughts, turning his eyes towards Tsubaki. “You know me too well. If it’s so obvious, I suppose it has gotten worse..” he sighed once more, weary. “I have tried a great deal, even the more base of ideas… trying to split it into two yielded nothing save it laughing at me.” He huffed slightly, hear its slight chuckle in his mind.

Tsubaki sighed, “It doesn’t seem we can do much so long as it’s bound to you…” As one with a bond not all that different, she knew how difficult and dangerous severing something like that could be. “Of course then there’s the matter of keeping it from finding a new host.”

“I would not allow another to take my place,” Kazou spoke without hesitation. “It is the reason I took up the sword, and I mean to find a way to destroy it… No matter what I have to do to myself…” he frowned, looking down slightly. “...And I have to do so much faster than normal now… For Lyn’s sake…”

Tsubaki was silent for a long moment, just staring up at the cloudless sky. “I have one jutsu we can try… It won’t get rid of it, but it should keep that thing from bugging you. Maybe weaken it enough we can kill it, hard to say really.”

Kazou rose his head and looked towards Tsubaki. “It’s worth a try. I have tried a great deal, even have gone to Gou on the matter. It’s only now that it… warrants such a thing.” He sighed unhappily as some people walked past them to do some shopping.

“...Well, if you are ready, we do have an area for this. The room back at granny’s can work well enough… Or.. does it require something?” He winced slightly, his knowledge of sealing arts being rather… lacking…

“Mmmm, Granny’s would work. Though I don’t know what she’d do about kunai in her tatami mats.” She offered him a slight, teasing smile.

“True… I suppose there is only one place to go then.” His next sigh was that of great annoyance and fatigue at the very thought of speaking to the man… indeed… They would have to go to his family home, the one owned by the most insufferable fool there ever was…

Users who are viewing this thread