• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Maid Roleplaying Game

Have you heard of Maid?

• Total voters

Deathkitten

I am the Deathkitten! Fear me!
So~ Many if not all of you have no idea what Maid is. It is an rpg system that is entirely die roll generated! It uses a LOT of d6 rolls for various different things. The fact that it is so randomly generated though means that I have no idea what it will end up being either! This would be my first time DMing a group larger than 2, so I really need the practice. It would be an adventure for all of us. I can explain more when I get some interested parties. :D Who's with me?

By the way. The general premise is that there are maids, butlers, and a master. The master is almost always the DM and the butlers are few. It is so randomly generated that you might not even know what gender you get until you roll the right(or wrong) thing. Past that though, it can go horror, romance, adventure, and more differing plot-lines. And if we find that isn't working, we can just re-roll certain things if we vote to do that as a group. It is a great way to get yourself out of your comfort zone with a character and explore different types of people your character can be.

If you want to do it, I need 36d6. And yes. It is still open.

@Phoenix Lord

Last edited by a moderator:
Also! Please, if you are in, just say so here and I can fill you in on what you need to do in PM or something. :)

vinom said:
I know that... I'm just letting the pseudo random number generator know what I want.
xD I like it. Good idea.

Wow. So already four(including myself) to one on who has heard of Maid. I was pretty wrong about my assumption it seems.

vinom said:
I own a paper back copy.
Ah. I have a pdf.

@GhastlySquash Great!

So~ Since I seem to already have so many people interested... Anyone who is interested, please go ahead and roll 15d6 and also 3d66 and give me the numbers you get in the order that you get them? The order is important! If the rolls make it so that I need anything extra from any of you, I will let you know. :)

I'll make your character sheets for you, since I went through the trouble beforehand of making a google doc with a written out sheet of everything important. (It was a pain in the butt)

Played one maid game before as a Master, it was a one shot that involved an Evil Occult Organization paying back an undisclosed amount of cash to an advanced alien race....

...it got silly. -__-;;

That said, I was wondering if I can jump in, or do you have too many people already?

@Foolish13 Nah not too many people. Though, I messed up (Mostly because the book worded something stupidly.) I really needed... You know what, to be safe roll 36d6. T.T I'm sorry. Really I just made it more difficult on myself. @vinom and @GhastlySquash Can you guys please re-roll? Sorry. Gah.

And no d66. It worded it stupidly.

GAH. I don't mean to keep changing around the numbers. I checked the math, and its 36d6. There. Even if some of them aren't used, its enough. I apologize for any inconvenience and hope that hasn't been a pain in the butt, but at least I realized it quickly. I am frustrated at myself.

This sounds really interesting, is it possible you can PM me with more info or send me a link so I can understand the mechanics a bit better? Here are my rolls just in case:

[dice]10964[/dice]

I-is it too late to show interest?

Edit: Read the starrting post.

Consider me in!

[dice]11215[/dice]

[dice]11216[/dice]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back