Maid Cafe Mingling (Out-of-Character)

Well, yeah. Any Waifu/Husbando works, they just need to be pre-established characters from a  fandom, and not made up OCs.

I am too stupid to grasp the card game aspects of the rp,

I am fine roleplaying as both the otaku warrior and the waifu/husabndo since I know that nobody would be willing to wear the skin of my fetishes

*ahem*

@NeoLeaf There's no need to fret over the card system, or dice system. If things are too complex, just choose at random! The battle aspect is just one part of the RP, and there will definitely be threads for socialization as well. Also, if you need a simpler explanation, just tell me what aspects of the card system that are confusing you, and I'll do my best to simplify them. 

Until a few of days ago I didn't know the card system existed. I only stuck with dice and script roleplaying.

I need to be educated on the subject matter the examples that you gave with the cards being left,right,middle had me lost already.

@NeoLeaf The reason there's a left, center, and right card is so the opponent has to choose between those three cards. Therefore, there's a random element in card selection, when doing an action that requires the number 1-10 cards.

Example: Neoleaf is attacking Ultraman. I choose to defend. Then, you select one of the options for the attack aspect, but you don't tell anyone; and I select one of the options for the defend aspect, but I don't tell anyone. You choose Attack, and I choose Block. For the attack option, you need to select three cards, say you choose numbers 5, 6, and 4. You don't tell anyone the numbers, but the GM/mod. Say you select 5- left, 6 - center, and 4 - right. For the defend option, I need to select 3 cards, so I choose 7 , 9, 1 (ace). I only tell the GM/mod that 7 - left, 9 - center, and 1 - right.

Now we have 6 cards ready for selection. You choose from the three cards I placed, but you need to select left, center, and right. I also do this, but with the three cards you chose. You say left, and I say right. Left is the 7 card for me, and right is the 4 card for you; therefore 7 > 4, so I win the matchup, and thus I can block your attack. However, before we can roleplay that scenario, you get the two cards that weren't chosen from the three I placed down, so now you have my 9, 1 in your hand, while I get the three cards you placed, so now I have your 5, 6. The 7 and 4 card are discarded, since they've been used. The turns are done, and we roleplay the scenario of you attacking with me blocking.

@Captain Gensokyo What's confusing about the dice system, so I know how to better explain it, or improve it?

Okay, now I can follow.

Next I have to figure out where this card system thingy is. Is it somewhere in RPN akin with the dice?

Just a note for anyone making an Otaku Warrior. Don't worry about coming up with Actual Abilities yet, for now just assume the standard street fighting abilities. The anime/manga spirits will provide weapons/skills to Otaku Warriors during the roleplay, which will let your OC grow.

@NeoLeaf Nope, there's a Random Card Shuffler site I use. You can choose to either select your hand of cards, or let RNG choose your cards. If you let RNG choose your cards, the GM/mod will tell you what your hand is in a PM.

Note: I'm changing heal to fully heal, instead of healing 1 life, because it's underbalanced against other special cards. This is for the card system.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've noticed a lack of Otaku Warriors in the character section. Would you all prefer it, if I dropped it to just Waifus/husbandos duking it out for their freedom? Waifus/Husbandos can team up of course, but only 1 partner.

Last edited by a moderator:
The dice system abilities/weaknesses are finished. Feel free to edit your character accordingly, as the RP will start when at least 2 pairs are finished setting themselves up.

Mmm.

I am being hesitant if whether or not I should make a CS for both otaku warrior and his husbando/waifu. Do you want these CSs at a particular time?

@NeoLeaf You're free to take as long as you like, but the RP starts whenever we have 4 completed character sheets. I may also just drop the Otaku Warrior part, and just have Waifus duke it out, but Waifus can pair up with someone. Although, it depends on whoever creates their character profiles. If you choose to do an Otaku Warrior and a Husbando/waifu, I will definitely go with the original idea.

I'm trying to figure the moves for my otaku warrior.

I was under the impression that they wouldn't fight but after seeing the move option I am at a loss.

I'm trying to figure the moves for my otaku warrior.

I was under the impression that they wouldn't fight but after seeing the move option I am at a loss.

Yeah. I thought they were akin to Pokémon trainers, actually.

Rare Suwako Pepe Unearthed, Keks Ensue 
image.png

@NeoLeaf For Otaku Warriors, don't worry about naming/describing their moves, since in the RP, your Otaku Warrior will receive a skillset aligned to what you want to use for the RP.

Okay... Now what do I do with the Stats and Weaknesses for the Waifu?

Users who are viewing this thread