Maid Cafe Mingling (Out-of-Character)

@NeoLeaf Go to the dice section for the stat abilities/weaknesses. You have 10 points to spend, but you can have up to 20 points to spend on abilities, if you put 10 points into weaknesses.

@Captain Gensokyo I don't comprehend what you mean by the question, but I'll try to answer it. You roll 5 dice for Attack, and you're free to replace one of the die with any attack option. Example: I get a clumsy die option, so with my Brute ability, I change the die to a ranged attack.

@Captain Gensokyo I don't comprehend what you mean by the question, but I'll try to answer it. You roll 5 dice for Attack, and you're free to replace one of the die with any attack option. Example: I get a clumsy die option, so with my Brute ability, I change the die to a ranged attack.

I'll just need to carefully look over the dice system. Seems pretty confusing...

Yeah, I may not have explained it properly. I'll try to answer your questions to the best of my abilities, but if you're unsure how an ability works, I'll provide examples of how they're use with the OOC mechanics.

@Captain Gensokyo

Alright for the waifu exclusively right? I can get rid of all those moves from the otaku warrior?

d6? What? 5 dice in one turn? What is this? I'm really missing the card system.

I'm complaining, aren't I? ._.

Last edited by a moderator:
@NeoLeaf Sure, but you'll likely have to add moves in the future. You RP for the moves you want for your Otaku Warrior; therefore, your Waifu will do battle primarily for the first parts of the RP.

@Captain Gensokyo d6 just means the standard 6 sided die. You roll 5 dice in a turn. Example: I roll 5 d6 dies, and I get 4, 6, 2, 3, 2 as the individual numbers for each die. I understand that you want to use the card system, and I'm down to allow people using the card system for the RP, as long as the combatants agree on the matter. I'm still planning on adding my card system to an RP that's in-development, but it's not a fandom RP, unfortunately. Unless you're into JRPGs.

I'm still planning on adding my card system to an RP that's in-development, but it's not a fandom RP, unfortunately. Unless you're into JRPGs.

I do, but...

Well, part of the reason why I wanted to join in was because of the simplicity of the combat system and the appeal of the general idea to me. With this, now it's heavily RNG-based (the RNG hates me, lol) and too complicated for me to sit down and understand. I'm pretty busy usually, and I don't know if I'll be able to sit down and dedicate time to learning dice terminology. I'm wondering if I'll get as much enjoyment out of this system as I'd like to, honestly. It's what the majority voted, and I'm not trying to overturn that, but...well, you get the picture. I don't know if the rp will be for me if I can't learn to enjoy the RNG dice system. Simply put, I'm having doubts.

@Ultraman

Well, I am done making my Character sheets.

I'll keep the moves mentioned in the otaku warrior Cs for reference. You can take a look @Ultraman

@Captain Gensokyo I did add an element of strategy by incorporating dice rolls/abilities that allow you to select your dies for your next turn. It's certainly more RNG than starting with pre-hand card hands. Although, it shouldn't take that long to comprehend the system, as there's only one page of information, and I'm more than willing to supplement your questions and concerns with answers. It's difficult to balance combat RP without an OOC mechanic, and I certainly want to stray from the DnD approach, as that's a lot of material to read. You're free to never enter into combat threads, and just focus on the social aspects. This RP is a testing ground for my new system, so I understand why doubts may surface.

@NeoLeaf I'll take a look at your character sheets. Thank you.

@Captain Gensokyo The dice/card systems are new, they're not pre-established at all.

@NeoLeaf So you're fine with just Lv 1: Speedster and Lv 1: selfish? You have 10 free points to spend in abilities too, since you chose a 10 point weakness.

Level 1? I thought That Level 1 was the Default.

I used the twenty points to spent on a weakness and a stat. I thought I had to spent ten to level up a stat/weakness. Ahmergerd.

edit: Wait, my head is coming out of the fog... *sighs*

Alright, time to spend 10 points on some levels.

@NeoLeaf Lv 1 is not the default, my bad. This is how it works, and I think I explained it on the character sheet. You start with 10 points to spend on abilities, but you're free to spend up to 10 points on weaknesses, so you can spend more points for abilities. Example: I have 10 points for abilities, but I use 10 points on a weakness, so now I have 20 points to spend on abilities.

Makes sense.

Edit: Okay, I spent 10 points in Selfishness and spent 19 points on stat abilities and left the remainder alone.

MMmkay, I am calling this a night.

Thanks for clarifying a number of things today for me and most probably Cpt. Gensokyo.

That's fine. It seems the RP won't be starting any time soon, so you'll have plenty of time to do a different character, if you choose. We're currently waiting for another pair.

I've been fleshing out a new combat system, since it's taking a while for character profiles. I'll post it when I'm finished, and it'll be up for a vote. It's a mix of resource points and cards.

Three characters have been approved. We're waiting on one more character before starting. It can be either a Waifu, or Otaku Warrior, as individuals will be working in pairs, so Waifu and Waifu team, or Waifu and Otaku Warrior, but no Otaku Warrior and Otaku Warrior team.

I'll be working on an Otaku Warrior to pair with Remi soon. Well, unless anyone else wants to "adopt" her, then be my guest.

Users who are viewing this thread