• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Magic vs. Steam-punk Technology (No official name yet)

Which side would you be on?

• Magic and Alchemy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steam-punk & Technology

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Idea said:
How about that idea, but it takes from the other? As in, if you especialize in one you get all six, if you have two you get four areas for the first and two for the second, and if you have three you get 3 for the main, 2 for the second and 1 for the third?
That could work. So almost like a point system?

You have 6 points, and you can spread them as you like.

Grimclaw said:
That could work. So almost like a point system?
You have 6 points, and you can spread them as you like.
yeah, something like that. I didn`t straight put it that way because you wanted to preserve people having main magic categories, and so that you couldn`t pick one of each of something as such, which you also seemed opposed to.

JackOfHearts said:
I can't wait till this RP starts!
Well, god news. I've almost finished the Steampunk list. I have the thought that it should be shorter, as a lot of Steampunk can have new discoveries and inventions (Correct me if I'm wrong.) so could it be good character development in the SP faction for people to create new areas?

Grimclaw said:
Well, god news. I've almost finished the Steampunk list. I have the thought that it should be shorter, as a lot of Steampunk can have new discoveries and inventions (Correct me if I'm wrong.) so could it be good character development in the SP faction for people to create new areas?
Maybe, maybe. Of course, maybe you could do that as a sort of support role? As in someone would have the power to invent new stuff, but that stuff can only be used by others?

Idea said:
Maybe, maybe. Of course, maybe you could do that as a sort of support role? As in someone would have the power to invent new stuff, but that stuff can only be used by others?
So like a craftsman?

You make the gun, but only a solider can really use that gun.

Adding the Steampunk areas for those who are interested. In the spirit of SP, the list is quite small in hopes people will develop new areas through character RP and development.

Steampunk

Engineering

-
Automatons (Mechanical)

- Limb Replacement and Modifications

-
Vehicle Construction

-
Initiative Creative Creations

-
Explosives

-
Weaponry Production

-
Advanced Flight

-
Makeshift design of Gadgets of personal use and Magic countering capabilities

Sewing, Leather working and Blacksmithing

-
Automatons (Sewn)

- Clothes and Armour Design

-
Material Construction

-
Medical Stitching

Science & Alchemy (Without magic)

-
Biology and chemicals of living things

- Study of machine works and material reactions

-
Concoction Creations for all purposes

-
Anatomy of the Human (Dissection included)

-
Grave Digging

Any thoughts, alterations or ideas you guys would make and add to this list? Let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Idea said:
not my area of expertise, but could you explain how these would work?
These are just areas of work or development in Steampunk. They're not like the magic system, where you can only have 6, it's more for ideas and so for Characters.

For example, if the Steampunk was an engineer, what areas would they do best in, Automatons, explosives, weaponry?

Lore for both Factions has been finished. Just need to set up the forum. Will be accepting and starting the RP tomorrow if possible, hope to see you all soon.

(Will leave link here when the Forum is available. Also, any suggested names, or shall we go with Magic vs. Steampunk?)

Just letting all you interested people know that the forum is currently being made. Just waiting on a few requested tabs to be linked in and we'll be all set for character sign ups.

The forum link - A Land Called Var

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back