• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Magic Elemental Pendants - Interest Check

Hales

Team Skittles Timekeeper
Magic is innate. It exists in the air you breathe, the water you drink, the ground upon which you walk. It is also, however, a controlled resource. The land of Lysan contains certain environmental phenomena around which magic is over-abundant, and skilled magic users can control it. However, these areas were locked with magic by the magi - sealed away behind layers and layers of enchantments and spells so that no one could ever retrieve the power that lay within. Hundreds of years have past and the magic in the world is fading.

History:

Lysan used to be a fairly simple land. Magic was its flowing lifeblood; people used it in their daily lives for daily tasks. Anyone was able to visit the magic mine or the enchanted geyser if they required a larger amount of magic than was readily available. People could travel through countries freely and there were few restrictions on the citizens of Lysan. Then a group of magic users called The Enchanted began laying claim to land. They set up governments and opposed laws on the people - not all of them being bad, but definitely unnecessary - and they forbade people from visiting the magic sources that used to be available to them. The use of magic was restricted and the established a guard around all the natural magic sources who prevented anyone from entering. Those who resisted, they killed.

The Magi were like the police in Lysan - they protected the people. Each person who pledged to become a magi was given a pendant with its own magic supply and it was constantly absorbing more magic from the environment around it, and thus the magi possessed extraordinary powers. They came in and swiftly defeated The Enchanted, but damage had already been done to the land. The natural magic phenomena were dying - in such restriction they had become overflowed with magic and their own magic was killing them. The magi placed infinite (not really, but it sounds good) seals and barriers around all the natural magic phenomena making them inaccessible and these seals would work to preserve the magic within so that their land could continue to exist - for if all the magic dies, the land dies with it. They placed a ruler over the kingdom out of fear that people would attempt to reopen the natural magic vaults - so the ruler’s sole duty was to protect it.

The only magic left in the world were the pendants of the magi, and as they passed, the secrets of magic that they held died with them. Many of the pendants have become family heirlooms. Some are sold on the streets as rare trinkets. Little is known now of their real power.

What now:

The queen has fallen ill and she lacks a child or living family to assume the throne upon her passing. The people are eager to see how the world will come to continue without a rightful heir upon the throne and the storytellers who whisper of the land’s histories wonder what will become of the magic vaults when the one family who knows the truth - the royal family - ceases to exist. One son of such a storyteller has heard of these tales and he believes them. He seeks to unleash the magic and take power for himself, however, he has also heard rumors of the pendants and he now seeks them out. He has acquired a small following as he has been spreading his stories and he may just have enough to succeed.

You are all going to be individuals who currently hold a pendant, although you know little to nothing of its magic potential. At the beginning of the rp you are approached by someone who works for the man seeking them, trying to take it from you and you will all be captured in some way. The story will go from there.

Each pendant will have an elemental power. There can be up to two people with each element, but there magic must in some way be different in its presentation, but that will be up to the two people with the same element to discuss. There are also pendants lacking an elemental power - these will be weaker, but will be open to more creativity on what they can do. The elemental pendants currently are fire, water, air, earth, sound, light and time although I am open to suggestions.

Please let me know if you would be interested or if you have any questions, comments or suggestions. This would be a detailed rp since I plan on putting a lot of time into it. I will wait until I have at least 5 interested people before making the thread.

Tailisu10 said:
What's the time period?
Midievalish in a way. There are no computers or guns. Think Lord of the Rings in a sense... Whatever that time period is...

I think I am going to start working on the thread for this. I won't post it until I get a bit more interest, but at this point I think I'm going to get the interest eventually.

Alright. I am currently in the process of putting the thread together. I can't guarantee it will be up until Thursday, but as soon as I have the character sheet requirements figured out I will post it here so people can at least start working on characters.

I know that I can take my time. I just like to keep people updated... It is the way I am...

At this point, it is still open to anyone interested. If you make a post here that implies you are interested, I will tag you in the OOC of the thread once it is posted and complete.

Yes. The thread now exists. I just finished updating the rules, and there is a character sheet that I think will suffice. There will be a list of provinces you can be from, but I don't have those finished yet. Here is the link to the thread: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/magi-reborn.99548/

Again, please note that it is still in progress, but people can at least start making characters.

Ok... hold up. I messed up the thread so I will be making a new one. I am new at moderating and I didn't realize deleting a post would delete the entire OOC. (Oops.) I will be posting a new link shortly. Sorry about all this...

Please go here instead: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/magi-magic-arising.99627/ I am working on copying everything from the old one over right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back